PDA

View Full Version : The Last Samurai


Icemaniax
12-25-2003, 06:59 AM
Has anyone else seen this movie? i did just recently, i thought it wass pretty good. a nice storyline. very cool movie.

Jared
12-25-2003, 07:04 AM
by far, one of the coolest movies I have ever seen.

ExcelsioN
12-25-2003, 07:58 AM
I've seen an advert, and it looks pretty cool. I'll be going to see it in the new year.

The Truthful Liar
12-25-2003, 08:16 AM
I saw the trailer, it looked pretty good, but I have my reservations for it being a "Tom Cruise Film". A question for anyone who has seen it, is it worth watching on the big screen with my girlfriend or should I skip it?

Kain
12-25-2003, 09:41 AM
My bro said it pulled off the miracle that is making Tom Cruise look sweet...

...maybe when it comes out on DVD I'll rent it.

BongoBob
12-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Gaddamnit iceman, where the feck have you been all this time? And where the hell is your GIR sig :mad:
j/k bro :p
I have never seen this movie, but I heard that all the reviews so far have been all psotive, so...i dunno. Rather see RotK again though.

Now, MUST OBEY THE TACO MAN!
*runs to the crazy taco for a Taco, a burrito, a GIR take us back to the base, and a large classic poop*

:D

DarkLord60
12-25-2003, 12:24 PM
I won't see it with Tom Cruise I hate the guy but oh well I guess if its a good enough movie I will.

Icemaniax
12-26-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by BongoBob
Gaddamnit iceman, where the feck have you been all this time? And where the hell is your GIR sig :mad:
j/k bro :p
I have never seen this movie, but I heard that all the reviews so far have been all psotive, so...i dunno. Rather see RotK again though.

Now, MUST OBEY THE TACO MAN!
*runs to the crazy taco for a Taco, a burrito, a GIR take us back to the base, and a large classic poop*

:D
Hey Bongo! been around you could say, had some minor accidents, involving gettin hit by 2, and some other things. but i am back!

wheres my gir sig?.....
right here-->
http://www.imgmag.net/images/iceman_jedi/GirMovesig.gif

CapNColostomy
12-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
I won't see it with Tom Cruise I hate the guy but oh well I guess if its a good enough movie I will.

What a sorry reason to not see a movie. I mean, this is but one example: Who would've ever thought, based on his previous films, that Russel Crowe would kick ass in Gladiator? I could make points like that one all day...

obi
12-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Never thought I would say this, ever, but....

Tom Cruise was Awesome.

Prime
12-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Excellent movie. Definitely worth checking out...

DarkLord60
12-26-2003, 06:08 PM
Well I might check it out but I just hate his movies but he isnt directing is he so it may be good.

IG-64
12-27-2003, 04:54 AM
he supposedly spent alot of time on it

Darth Eggplant
12-27-2003, 04:12 PM
it was a great movie (well good would have been great) but Tom was in it. Tom, Kevin Costner are just 2 hollywood actors who show up in a movie and just kind of do themselves.

at any rate it is worth seeing.

(oh there was one campy creepy line at end that smacks of USE THE FORCE star warsisms, other than that Bonzai!)

eastcoast2895
12-28-2003, 03:17 AM
i thought this was a great movie. it had a good storyline and some really nice action sequences.

IG-64
12-28-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant
it was a great movie (well good would have been great) but Tom was in it. Tom, Kevin Costner are just 2 hollywood actors who show up in a movie and just kind of do themselves.

at any rate it is worth seeing.

(oh there was one campy creepy line at end that smacks of USE THE FORCE star warsisms, other than that Bonzai!)

Have you been having enough sleep lately? :eyeraise:

Crow_Nest
12-29-2003, 12:01 PM
I may be seeing it soon, but no time. :( And sch begins this week.

ExcelsioN
12-29-2003, 02:39 PM
What I don't get is why an american guy is commanding the japanese. Surely they'd want their own commander?

eastcoast2895
12-29-2003, 05:13 PM
spoiler answer





he is never the top commander of the army he is with, he is more in an advisor position because of his tactical abilities. each army's top commander is japanese.

El Sitherino
12-29-2003, 10:03 PM
greatest movie of the year!

gorganfloss
12-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Why does everyone seem to have Gir fever...

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to. Tell me this though, how is this guy, this guy, awesome?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/tom-cruise/top-gun.jpg

IG-64
12-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
greatest movie of the year!

wait, are we forgetting? *cough*LotR*cough*