PDA

View Full Version : Drain animation from SP?

Alf
01-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Hey,
is it possible to implement/replace the drain animation in MP with the one from SP (looks verys cool i think)?
And where do i have to look at?

thx for help!

razorace
01-03-2004, 01:25 AM
I assume you mean the animation where you actually grab the victim to drain them? Well, you'd have to do some coding to make that work right.

Alf
01-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Hey,

thx for answer. Yeah, that's the thing where you grab the opponent.
I did look around the sourcefiles and the animation itself is defined. i suppose this are the defined animations in anims.h:

BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRAB_START
BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRAB_HOLD
BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRAB_END
BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRABBED

But i don't know how to implement them. the normal drain-animation affects only one player, the sp one does freeze the victim too...

Greetings
Alf

razorace
01-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Well, the problem is that I don't have the time to research that stuff for you. It's pretty complicated. Sorry.

Slider744
02-01-2004, 07:14 PM
i am actually trying to make this SP animation to work....

i let you know

razorace, So told me that you were trying to resolve the problem of saber block, (in default game sabes tend to block, and deflect too much).....

i am also trying to understand more the saber.c, bg_saber, ....etc... in order to try to decrease the saber block

i am not speaking about saber lock like in duel....

razorace
02-02-2004, 02:38 PM
You mean how often the players do the automatic blocking of sabers in situations other than an actual saber on saber impact?

Just search for "else
{//damage the thing we hit" in w_saber.c.

The section above that is the section you're worried about. Personally, I've just disabled it completely and the game plays just dandy.