PDA

View Full Version : Respect is Earnt, So Shut Up!

Acrylic
01-06-2004, 03:16 AM
Poll:

Who thinks this should be the new forums name, instead of Delete Me.

(Keep in mind, this is not official. This is just a poll/thread from a forumite, trying to make the world a better place)

Branik
01-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Just about anything is better than Delete Me!. Besides the Respect thing describes our forum pretty well. :D

Darth Groovy
01-06-2004, 08:34 AM
I think it sucks.

http://www.themanipulation.com/thisthreadsucks.jpg

These name change threads have proven time and time again to only be a hopeless waste of time, energy, effort and bandwidth. Give up already. Nobody is paying attention anymore. :rolleyes:

Ray Jones
01-06-2004, 11:36 AM
that's just not true groovyman.. there will be the day .. there will be the day.. ;)
but until then.. :dozey: no greeting cards for you anymore for april fools day, mothers day, easter, world childrens day and/or thanksgiving/christmas.. you bad bad bad pessimist monkey..
:xp:

and iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii will always lovepay attention to such things. hmmm..
but i think "respect is earnt, so shut up" isnt that fantastic. .... . ... . . ... .. . at least it isnt better than "delete me!".

i mean.. respect isnt earned,.. you cant expect respect just because of this and that blahblahblah..

err.. ?

RoyTordesLegend
01-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I earned my respect the hard way, on the tough streets of Lucasforums, armed only with Das Mole!

Ray, you lost my respect the moment you sold out to the establishment!!!:(

Ray Jones
01-06-2004, 03:01 PM
:(

drat.
but roy. all i need is your friendship. you can disrespect me whenever i want. err.. you want.

comeon. you know how i play. it's like.. i know how you play. :confused:

and i sold nothing. i still am suffered from no money. and.. imagine.. me being the establishwhat??? ;)

i sooo do miss you roy..

:ball:

*snieef*

Jedi-Monkey
01-06-2004, 03:59 PM
You should treat a new guy with respect in that, they dont know whats going on and stuff, so they shouldnt be kicked down while weak.
But respect as in admiration is earnt.
And of course if a noob is being an arse, then no respect to them.

Joshi
01-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Respect?! You can't handle respect! No respect handler you! I defy your respect handling abilities!

On a different note, this is not official and shall not in anyway sway the name of this forum.
Long Live this screwed up community of Delete Me!

(Bunch o screwy screwersons)

Darth Groovy
01-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by RayJones
that's just not true groovyman.. there will be the day .. there will be the day.. ;)
but until then.. :dozey: no greeting cards for you anymore for april fools day, mothers day, easter, world childrens day and/or thanksgiving/christmas.. you bad bad bad pessimist monkey..
:xp:

and iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii will always lovepay attention to such things. hmmm..
but i think "respect is earnt, so shut up" isnt that fantastic. .... . ... . . ... .. . at least it isnt better than "delete me!".

i mean.. respect isnt earned,.. you cant expect respect just because of this and that blahblahblah..

err.. ?

Oh don't get me wrong, I would like to see a name change as much as the next guy, but what I am saying is that these threads do not get the forum names changed, so basically this thread is just spam. No good can come from it.

Ray Jones
01-06-2004, 09:09 PM
of course .. those threads never gonna be like "hey. poll! what's the new name? .. *name changed*"
perhabs are threads like this never going to result in a changed name.. but it is still a poll and therefore one of the ways to graph a puplic opinion.

and perhabs remi runs out of ideas one day and rereads all those threads.. i mean there were some good suggestions already..

:dozey:

but we both know this is never gonna happen.. at the end he will name it 100% cotton..

Skinkie
01-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Good may still come from this, the topic could suddenly change and bring new hope to the world.....

....So anyone find the cure to cancer laying around their house today?

Darth Groovy
01-07-2004, 03:27 AM

but we both know this is never gonna happen.. at the end he will name it 100% cotton..

Now THERE is a name I could endorse! :p

Acrylic
01-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
so basically this thread is just spam. No good can come from it.

Originally posted by Acrylic

(Keep in mind, this is not official. This is just a poll/thread from a forumite, trying to make the world a better place)

Darth Groovy
01-07-2004, 04:25 AM
http://www.themanipulation.com/WTF.jpg

Ernil
01-07-2004, 04:58 AM
Cure for cancer...Cure for cancer...Cure for cancer...Cure for cancer...hmm...Cure for cancer...

Let's try...Old Lithuanian tort plus small broken microphone.

Sorry. Gotta work with what I've got handy.

Kjølen
01-08-2004, 01:57 AM
I don't mind it if it was "Delete Me!", or "Respect is Earnt, so Shut Up" or "The Harbor"/"The Habour", whatever.
Any of them is ok for me, they are all good.
So I respectively cannot vote.

Though, I'm still wuite attached to that "Domain of Sukato Kjølen" type idea that was thrown out earlier. :D

I mean, come on, if we did change it to that EVERYONE would love it and think it was pretty cool. XD

Shivermetimbers
01-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Skinkie
....So anyone find the cure to cancer laying around their house today?

No, but I did find out that I should not get Fura-Zone on my bare hands becasue it CAUSES cancer. But I didn't have any rubber gloves so I did anyway. I tried using gauze pads, but it goes through them. Fura-Zone is wound dressing for horses and cattle, by the way.

Skinkie
01-08-2004, 03:55 AM
The real question here is does it also cause cancer in the horses and cattle?

Ernil
01-08-2004, 04:41 AM
Why else would they use it?

Alien426
01-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Did beat up your horse again, didn't you? You have to control your anger. Otherwise the dark side will take over.

Mr Flibble
01-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Respect IS earned!!!
Those whippersnappers coming from all angles with their high fis, their boob chubes, and their instant pizza pie.
Ahem.

I care lttle for the name, but I do think something should be done to put the upstarts in their place.

I earned my respect, didn't I....

Oh.... I made myself sad...... :cry6:

Guybrush122
01-21-2004, 07:36 PM
I want it back to The Harbor. I think it's mean spirited to call this forum Delete Me! and even more mean spirited writing the current description of it. I don't care who says, "It's just a joke!" because that may be so...but it's certainly a passive agressive one.

How about:

The Harbor

Pull up a bar stool and talk about anything you like!

I'd also like to point out that this is the most posted-in and visited forum on the Monkey Island boards...and it deserves a respectful title.

That's my piece of mind, anyway.

Yufster
01-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey yeah, next time Tim Schafer or Jonathan Ackley visit this place, they might be all like, "Hey, I'll talk to all those fellas down at the MI Forums! Hang on. Wait. 'Delete me'? These aren't Monkey Island forums at all! I'VE BEEN MISLED. Is it the end of the world!?"

And then they'll explode and it'll all be because of 'delete me'.

Ray Jones
01-21-2004, 08:24 PM
:eek:

yay.

Mr Flibble
01-21-2004, 10:42 PM
I mean, DELETE ME.

Who ON EARTH thought of that.
they should be lined up against a wall and shot.

(and I know ONE person can't be lined up.I'm tired)

It sounds like an error of judgement, like someone has asked
"Whats the name of the forum"

And someone clicks edit by mistake, and they see DELETE ME! at the top, so they think its the name.
Its probably true.

Even "Mr Flibbe's Nonsense Emporium" would be better.

Ray Jones
01-22-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Mr Flibble
I mean, DELETE ME.

Who ON EARTH thought of that.

this information is not available anymore. :¬:

Mr Flibble
01-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Well then who can take the blame? We have to blame someone!

#cough#cough#Hutton inquirey#cough#

It was probably Joshi ¬¬

Acrylic
01-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Actually, I think it was an admin.

Guybrush122
01-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Actually, I think it was an admin.

Of course. In a reaction to the forum members' complaints about the rediculous closing of topics that took place not too long ago...

...it's why I took a sebatical from my duties at this forum as the forum...um....okay, so it wasn't a sebatical. But you all know what I mean.

Skinkie
01-23-2004, 03:16 AM
People are still debating this? Why? It's not like it really matters, it doesn't change the internal content.

MrManager
01-23-2004, 03:33 AM
Yep, and that's as inanely bad creative as always.

Joshi
01-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr Flibble
It was probably Joshi ¬¬

Um, who the hell are you?! No seriously, you're talking about your so called earned respect and yet I have no idea who you are and therefore have no respect for you and now have even less because you blamed me, someone you don't even know, for something I couldn't possibly have done.

Well in that case, well done! You've won the Pocelain Kewpie Doll!

I need a drink.

Mr Flibble
01-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Chill.
And I don't want the Porcelain doll.

I want the anchor.

Joshi
01-24-2004, 08:05 PM
You'll take the damn kewpie doll and like it god dammit!

On acompletely different note, what do you guys think to second hand melons?

Guybrush122
01-24-2004, 09:14 PM
People are still debating this? Why? It's not like it really matters, it doesn't change the internal content.

That is true. But let's say your given name was Halatosis Lyke SkunkButt. Kinda of a stinky name, huh (no pun intended :P)? It wouldn't change you internally, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind changing your name to something like Alan Smith or Fred Connors.

And, for the record, I don't think either side of the debate in this thread was being anal. If it remains that way, then let there be thread.

Ray Jones
01-24-2004, 09:59 PM
it was not joshi. :¬:

it was .. that guy .. *points* .. HE did it.. :dozey:

*guy starts running*

*angry mob follows him, shouts of "get his nosehairs!" and "put him panties on!" are heard*

Skinkie
01-25-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Joshi
On a completely different note, what do you guys think to second hand melons?

Is this supposed to be dirty, or am I just looking at it wrong?

That is true. But let's say your given name was Halatosis Lyke SkunkButt.

Why, that's my best friend's name and he's ever so attached to it. I mean, .... whatever.

Guybrush122
01-25-2004, 12:50 PM
[B]Why, that's my best friend's name and he's ever so attached to it.[B]

I internally weep for your friend.

Joshi
01-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Is this supposed to be dirty, or am I just looking at it wrong?

You sick person you. Actually I typed in second hand and then just wanted something completely random. I was gonna say parsnip, but that's been coming up way to much in conversations with friends lately, so I won't.

So, what vegetable do you most resemble? (was the conversation I was having with my friend, we're both very depressed because we're the only people on earth who don't resemble vegetables)

Ernil
01-25-2004, 09:45 PM
(was the conversation I was having with my friend, we're both very depressed because we're the only people on earth who don't resemble vegetables)

HA! Look at the loner. Hahaha.

Skinkie
01-26-2004, 03:00 AM
People who look like vegetables originally migrated to our planet form mars.

Guybrush122
01-26-2004, 03:35 AM
Parsnip. God's candy, dontcha know.

Joshi
01-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Ernil
HA! Look at the loner. Hahaha.
Not really because there are two of us (and the other ones a girl, so I actually don't care, I guess we'll just have to suffer together :D)

Ray Jones
01-26-2004, 11:08 AM
so you look like a vegetable? like those people on blood island? hmm.

and you do not will come up with something like "yes i do, and this girl also looks like vegetables. to be more exact, like two waterhoneymelons. i find myself comfortable with beeing the zucchini."

:confused:

Guybrush122
01-26-2004, 09:01 PM
..... *ponders reference to genetalia and mamory glands*

..... ooooooo, ahhhhhhhh .....

Das Mole
01-27-2004, 12:17 AM
since when was there a poll here about this? :confused: i don't remember...

anywho. i say change it. it matches.

btw- vegetables and genitalia?

Skinkie
01-27-2004, 02:56 AM
Very popular combination I;m told.

Guybrush122
01-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Okay, so there's this Artichoke, right? And he's sittin in this bar, all alone, drinking his butt off. He's so miserable and lonely, no one has ever loved him in his life, because he's an Artichoke. Anyway, this hot lookin Tomato walks in, right? Total knockout. I'm talkin gorgeous, ripe, round, red tomato. Beautiful, right? Well as the Artichoke is thinkin to himself "Oh man, she'd never go for a guy like me", the two Potatoes in the back are saying to themselves "Oh yeah, she's mine. I'm gonna tap that" and being very disrespectful on the whole. At any rate, the hot momma Tomato sits down next to the Artichoke, right? And the Artichoke's heart is pounding (hehehe, get it?) he's so nervous. He's freakin' out! But whadya know? They hit it off! Yeah, that's right! Lonely ol' Artichoke is flirting with the Tomato! The Potatoes in the back are like "Whaaa??" as the Tomato gives the Artichoke her number. Well, she ups and leaves and the Artichoke is left there on Cloud 9, feelin' like a hundred bucks. Anyway, the Potatoes, in a violent fury, grab ol' Arty and take him outside. There, on the sidewalk, they beat him till he's unconscious. The Potatoes flee and a Carrot walks by. Carrot goes "Oh no!" and rushes Arty to the hospital. The Carrot is in the waiting room for hours upon hours, and finally the Doctor comes out and approaches him. The Carrot goes, "Doc! Doc! Is he gonna be alright? How's his condition? Is he alive?" The doctor puts on a somber face and says to the Carrot, "Well, he is alive but...well, I'm afraid he'll be a vegetable for the rest of his life."

:dozey:

Ray Jones
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
pretty long foreplay for a short joke, if you get my meaning. :D:D

Guybrush122
01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh come on, RayJones.

Can't any of you see? It's not the size, it's...no it's the size.

Joshi
01-28-2004, 08:47 PM
so you look like a vegetable? like those people on blood island? hmm.

and you do not will come up with something like "yes i do, and this girl also looks like vegetables. to be more exact, like two waterhoneymelons. i find myself comfortable with beeing the zucchini."

:confused:

That would be funny if you hasn't misread my thread. I said me and this girl are the only ones in the world who don't look like vegetables. We can normally look at a person and say straight off which vegetable they most look like, but when we look at each other... well she can't see a vegetable and I just keep seeing stars :D

Ray Jones
01-29-2004, 08:00 AM
drat. were was the dont when i overread it? funny enough that i wrote a whole.. aarrgh. forget it.

*self talk*

JJOOOOOONNNNESSSSSSS you creepy little ...... . .. . . .. !!!!

*shakes fist*

well she can't see a vegetable and I just keep seeing stars :D

iiiiits not unusual to hide zucchinis between melons.. :dozey:
and uuhh the stars.. well. depends to the level of 'hideness'.. ;)

*cough*

Joshi
01-29-2004, 03:28 PM
iiiiits not unusual to hide zucchinis between melons.. :dozey:

Was that some kind of innuendo?

And who the hell is jones?

Skinkie
01-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Joshi
That would be funny if you hasn't misread my thread. I said me and this girl are the only ones in the world who don't look like vegetables.

Technically the cannibals looked like fruit, so you may very well fit this description.

Guybrush122
01-30-2004, 08:00 PM
The evolution of a topic, ladies and gentlemen.

Ray Jones
01-30-2004, 08:06 PM
eeehehehehehehehe :D:D:D

what do you call this species? .. ;)

Guybrush122
01-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Maturum Evlovus Don-Idioci

Skinkie
01-31-2004, 06:05 AM
Hey if you want my respect you have to earn it, so shut up.

Acrylic
01-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Hey if you want my respect you have to earn it, so shut up.

Exactly

Prendo
02-05-2004, 02:18 PM
ummm, but if we DO want your respect, and you want US to shut up, won't this thread fall into disarray and misuse???

Me confuse.

Maybe I should stop listening to those voices inside my head. They can be fun, but boy can they get you into trouble.

Maybe I SHOULD shut up.

And before anybody asks, just who the hell am I??? More importantly, what am I doing here???

Me VERY confuse

Ray Jones
02-05-2004, 02:46 PM
sshhhhd!!!!

do not disturb the paths of evolution.

Skinkie
02-05-2004, 04:22 PM
I believe I said to shut up.

Ray Jones
02-05-2004, 09:31 PM
you said or you believe you said?

Skinkie
02-06-2004, 02:54 AM
Don't make me say it again.

Ray Jones
02-06-2004, 07:00 AM
say what again?

Skinkie
02-07-2004, 05:48 AM
The phrase "Shut Up" springs to mind.

Kjølen
02-07-2004, 05:44 PM
What if vegetables told eachother to shut up? You could never open a stalk of corn.
Therefore you couldnt eat corn. Then you could have corn in your crap. Then there will be no corn crap jokes. If there were no corn crap jokes, then there would be no Austin Powers 2, becasue the entire movie was based around that one line "I've got corn in my crap bigger than him!"

Skinkie
02-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Wow, that was pretty deep.

Ernil
02-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the Monkey Island Forums

Ray Jones
02-07-2004, 09:45 PM
things begin to work out

Kjølen
02-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Everything is falling into place. Lets all invade Aresen (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=248)
:)

Skinkie
02-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Oh whoa there, take it from someone who's don'e the forum invasion thing before, it's frowned upon. Highly. Many threats of banishment and death and stuff.

Ray Jones
02-09-2004, 08:08 AM
err... you go first k. i will follow you later.

then when the others arrive we will kill them all welcome them warm milk and cookies..

we will be heros.

yeah.

Joshi
02-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Ernil
Welcome to the Monkey Island Forums

Who are you saying that to?