PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront Wishlist

Pages : [1] 2

Craftsman
01-20-2004, 03:49 AM
Please mention all the features u hope will be included in SWBF and hopefully the devs will also take notice :)

I'll start

1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.

Cheers

Father Torque
01-20-2004, 04:04 AM
1) I hope that it has a good physics engine. I dont wanna play a game that makes it so someones head goes through their hip. Also, a good collison field, if i run into someone, and i go through them or my arm arm goes through their face, im gonna quit

2) I also hope that the weapons cope with the environment. I dont want an explosion to look so real its fake, almost making it look like a real explosive that was imported into the game.

3) And lastly i wish that the game wont be too similar to BF:1942. If it has built in laser turrets, im gonna scream. If it has crappy ai, im gonna scream, and lastly if you can drive a vehicle of a cliff roll into the water, and still live, im gonna laug my @$$ off. :D

Swoosh
01-20-2004, 04:50 AM
Guys, I'm gonna move this to the appropriate forum.

EDIT: Don't worry, mistakes happen :)

Father Torque
01-20-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Swoosh
EDIT: Don't worry, mistakes happen :)

Ya, hes right, but if i catch you doing that next time your gone.

*wait i dont have the power to do that...runs

Craftsman
01-20-2004, 05:25 AM
And i hope the maps are huge and interactive. FOr example when u fired a rocket in a wall, eirther i good chuck comes out or it cumbled badly. I alos hope hope the phyisics enine is liek Halos, when in a person is hit a missile, they go shy high.

Cheers

Swoosh
01-20-2004, 05:54 AM
I hope the vehicles aren't cheesy and they control like one would expect them too. I want them to move like vehicles, not soldiers. That irks me when games add vehicles but then they are lame because they control unrealistically.

Swoosh

Boba Rhett
01-20-2004, 06:07 AM
Right now my wishlist stands with just one wish; that being, "please don't suck."

Metallus
01-20-2004, 06:15 AM
I want a Max cameo. There hasn't been one of them's for a good long while.

:max:

Tyrion
01-20-2004, 06:41 AM
1. Uber-large maps.

2. Weapons that dont suck.

3. Explosions that are realistic, and that the trees contort to the wind.

4.High-resolution skymaps. This really does make a difference, low-quality skies make my eyes bleed.

5. Rag doll physics. Please please please, let me have the fufillment of shooting a stormtrooper off a body and see his body go splat at the bottom. :p

In no particular order, of course.

Bob Gnarly
01-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Indiana Jones NPC.

swphreak
01-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Multiplayer more optimized (less laggage)
Better controls for Air crafts

Pad
01-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Realism, fair realism.
Adding physics to both soldier (getting tired) and guns (bullet dropping at distance and aiming when running).
Making the terrain interactive where you can use/abuse it (how about you throw a grenade that explodes at a tree and makes it go down or making a hole to get your ass covered).
Makes the terrains big enough and cover various gametype (I´m sure it will be included).

Well thats a bit of my ranthing.

The_One
01-20-2004, 03:20 PM
I have far too many to list here, so I'll just go with what this wise gentleman said...

Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Right now my wishlist stands with just one wish; that being, "please don't suck."

Basically, I want it to be "Star Warsy" - and include all the characters/enemies and vehicles we have all come to love.

If they can make it so you feel like you're fighting in one of the battles from the Star Wars films, then they've done their job right :)

ExcelsioN
01-20-2004, 03:21 PM

Same for me. I have high hopes for this game. I just hope the devs up the graphics.

Crazy_dog no.3
01-20-2004, 03:22 PM
No Jedi (IMPORTANT!)
All planets, vehicles, weapons, etc. Leave none out!
Episode 3 Expansion Pack! (like RtR)
Better graphics than screenshots
Ewoks!
BIG maps
Single-player option (usually I can't/don't play multiplayer, which sucks, but I must live with it. I like SP better anyway )

Better controls for Air crafts

Alegis
01-20-2004, 03:34 PM
I agree with Tyrion, and of course, No jedi.. this has to be a guns game

a bit better graphics than in the screenies would be lovely, and also voice chat+ team balance options

eastcoast2895
01-20-2004, 04:43 PM
crazy_dog in the interview they stated no jedi and a single player option that doesn't really have a storyline but won't be the same everytime you play it (it appears to be multiplayer with bots).

what i want is object based multiplayer like seige in jedi academy except on a much larger scale. also i know this probably won't happen but a smuggler, mercernary, bounty hunter secret faction or class would be fun. what would star wars be without its smugglers, mercernary, and bounty hunters.

Mex
01-20-2004, 05:22 PM
My wishlist :
1) Alot of guns to keep people busy.
2) Huge environments to encourage people to use vehicles together and travel.
3) NPCs around the map like Ewoks who team up with a team if they are losing to help them. [Like Ewoks + Rebels vs Imperials]
4) Many vehicles to travel in.

Prime
01-20-2004, 06:47 PM
I just want a cool game with no Jedi and no honour code chatting servers. I just want a game that people actually play. :)

Doomtrooper
01-20-2004, 11:01 PM
I want stormtrooper armor to fricking DO SOMETHING! Right now, a Rebel in SP (helmet, MAYBE flak vest) has more health then a Stormtrooper (supposedly elite, every !@#$ inch of his body is covered in armor!) Also, I want the weapons to be REALISTIC (1-5 hits kill, as opposed to JA's 10 pistol shots from a weapon described as a "heavy pistol"). Plus, I want to be able to own Rebel scum as one of those flying repeater-troops or the hazard-suit men from JA.

Miko Reglia
01-21-2004, 12:31 AM
i just hope that it turns out as good or better than battlefield 1942...

i really do hope they have great graphics so that we can have a good experience playing:D

eastcoast2895
01-21-2004, 01:10 AM
i don't want this game to be "realistic". i don't want die within 5 hits from a pistol to the chest. i want a weapon damage system that balances the weapons and is high action.

also considering that this game isn't being made by raven, i think it safe to say gameplay won't be anything like jedi academy (if anything close to seige but probably still very different).

RoxStar
01-21-2004, 01:29 AM
1)

A lucasforums tournement:D

2) To be a beta tester

3) Be a captain in charge of a regiment

4) The release date to be moved up to June. Like thats gonna happen...

ZBomber
01-21-2004, 01:43 AM

Amen to that.

If it doesn't suck, (the gamplay that is) I can't get any happier.

lukeiamyourdad
01-22-2004, 12:00 AM
1)Balanced weapons that do a good deal of damage and are balanced(unlike JA's 20 shots on the head and he's still alive).

2)Balanced vehicles

3)Balanced civs

4)An option where you choose a civ to begin with and you,re stuck with it until the game or round ends(BF1942's team swapping is horrible).

5)DO NOT SUCK.

Astrotoy7
01-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Craftsman
Please mention all the features u hope will be included in SWBF and hopefully the devs will also take notice :)

I'll start

1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.

Cheers

I'm not sure what the devs can do about this, but what about a MP community that doesnt whine like a pack of 12 year old girls because it turns out to be *different* than 1942..... (which has become the bane of the JA community)

Im not really sold on this game...Im dead tired of JA, and Ive had my fun in KOTOR. I really want a space combat sim, rebel strike on the cube is OK.... but I want the real thing like good ole XW/Tie fighter days !!!!

MTFBWYA

WD_Rage
01-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
this game isn't being made by raven

Thank goodness for that.

DarkLord_44
01-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Well in BF1942, there was something that always bothered me. There would be vehicles that took 2 people to get it working correctly but then when lets say a guy in an artillery take kills a few guys, only the gunner gets credit for the kill. Maybe a system can be implemented for both people to receive credit?

VanLingo
01-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord_44
Maybe a system can be implemented for both people to receive credit?
In SWB, though, the pilto can shoot the weapons in most vehicles. Gunners only get secondary weapons.
Originally posted by Craftsman1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.
No! God, no. I'll be playing in a PS2, and if the cross-platform rumors are correct, modding could screw up everything. Unless, of course, you only play mod games on a dedicated server.

Anyway, my list:
1.) Strafing runs in an X-Wing (please give me proton torps!)

2.) Interactive landscape. Not so much like blowing up trees, but more like climbing rocks and hiding in bushes.

3.) Nighttime maps. Real-time might be an issue for players in separate time zones, but how about a host option to make the map at night...?

4.) And yes, I want realistic action, such as 2-or-3-hit kills. Of course, armor power-ups should be included.

Can you tell I'm a SOCOM junkie?

-- Lingo

Thrawn
01-25-2004, 09:10 PM
I hope that the soldiers really are as diverse as they say they are. I'd also like to see multiple versions of TIE fighters, especially the TIE Interceptor.

I think the game will have enough stuff to make it different from Battlefield. The special ability feature and the special attacks for each side really have potential. The dream ability for me would be to call in a Jedi for the Republic and have it be Yoda. I mean, how cool would that be?

eastcoast2895
01-26-2004, 12:40 AM
look at the preview from Craftsman, it says that once a certain planet is captured, they can call in darth vader to destroy all the rebels. man it be cool to see yoda or vader coming down the field laying waste to the oppossing army, i wouldn't care what side i was on.

Craftsman
01-26-2004, 02:14 AM
I just really hope that Lucasarts gets the physics and the essencial game elements right, like the feel of the vehicles ect. And then if there is any thing else that gamers dont like, that can be fixed or added with MODS.

Sounds Risky
01-31-2004, 12:42 AM
I want:

1) Good net-code.

2) 64 player support.

Craftsman
01-31-2004, 06:09 AM
I also want more colourful and deatiled envioments. I hope the PC version is not toned down for the consoles sake.

T10
01-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Well, as everyone has said, don't suck.

As I'm not very original, and I have a copy of PC Gamer with me, I might as well (attempt) to answer some questions. Firstly, it'd be too memory intensive to have EVERY planet in the game. Thay'll have the ones that featured memorable battles, or would be good places for ones, such as Endor, Geonosis and Kamino. Once a planet is beaten, it is removed from the game.

On planets, there will be NPC help. So, on Endor, the rebels WILL be assisted by the Ewoks. While, on Tatooine, the Tusken Raiders will kill anyone. This'll be fun.

Sometimes, you can call in a famous person to help you. So, Imperials can call down Vader to help. Rebels take Luke, Republic get Windu and Confeds gain Dooku. I think.

If the Imperials hold a certain planet for long enough, they can get the Death Star to destroy ONE planet, removing it from the game. No fuss.

Oh, OK, I thought of somethings by myself.
1: If you must, take longer making the PC version, so that you don't have to screw it up for PS2 owners.

2: Include Sam and Max. Oh wait, they always do that anyway. Well, ET then.

MuRaSaMuNe
01-31-2004, 08:32 PM
Ewoks + hang glider + throwing rocks

An AT AT that's scaled to the right size....

Battle of HOTH

It'd also be nice to have monster npc's as obsticles for a team to get over such as a rancor or a kell dragon

Oh... and it'd be nice to have reasonable damage considering what weapon you're using. I hate games where it takes 20+ shots to kill someone with a rifle...

Sounds Risky
01-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Well it looks like the PC version will in fact have 64 player support, so that's one down.

Pie™
01-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Sounds Risky
Well it looks like the PC version will in fact have 64 player support, so that's one down. Only on LANs i think

eastcoast2895
02-01-2004, 01:48 AM
yep according to ign.com's article its 64 player on lan and 32 on internet for pc and 16 on internet and 32 on lan for ps2 and xbox. 32 sounds like a big enough number to me, as long as the map sizes are right. 16 people in jedi academy multiplayer works great because of the maps. thinking about it i hope there multiple maps for each world. like naboo having a palace area map, a swamp area, and a field.

Pie™
02-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
thinking about it i hope there multiple maps for each world. like naboo having a palace area map, a swamp area, and a field. That would actually be awesome!! :D
*places on top of his wishlist :D

Sam
02-01-2004, 09:58 PM
1.balanced everything.

I do not want everyone to pick a class because its better than the rest.

2.I wanna be a battledroid that goes and gets killed..........alot.

Sounds Risky
02-01-2004, 10:08 PM
It's a shame about the 64 player support only on LAN. 32 is fine, but 64 is even better.

eastcoast2895
02-01-2004, 11:50 PM
at least its not like 16 for the consoles. thank you mmmpie!!! for the enthusiasm for the idea, but looking at interviews and pics so far it doesn't seem likely. right now i'm hoping for complete balance or something to create an almost equal amount of each class being used because i kinda get annoyed that in seige in ja that some of the classes become useless because there special ability doesn't help out as much as it could. oh yeah and to quote a movie that's pretty good, "guns. lots of guns"

lukeiamyourdad
02-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Sounds Risky
It's a shame about the 64 player support only on LAN. 32 is fine, but 64 is even better.

It depends. It might be really laggy on 64 players and some situation may make it worse. Such as you being stuck in the lousy newbie team...fighting 16 opponents is better then fighting 32 of them...

MuRaSaMuNe
02-02-2004, 03:43 AM
If they tone down the polys on models and such (as they seem to be doing) it should run fairly good with a large amount of players on screen at once. 32vs32 would be very sweet

Craftsman
02-02-2004, 11:45 AM
I want a mode where (on the net) each fraction vs each other so thats 8 players each. Yum!

idontlikegeorge
02-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Personal weapons that aren't pure ****. Like in BF1942, where everyone whores the vehicles 'cuz that's the only fun.

Flashpoint is probably the best game... most weapons kill in one shot... unless yer a bad shot or they are lucky. Less whoring.

lukeiamyourdad
02-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge
Personal weapons that aren't pure ****. Like in BF1942, where everyone whores the vehicles 'cuz that's the only fun.

You haven't played BF1942 a lot right? Guns + Vehicles are what we should seek. It was well made in BF1942 but of course when you have a gun and you're facing a tank you're gonna get killed. Don't expect to survive an encounter with an AT-AT with your simple blaster.

Craftsman
02-05-2004, 10:40 AM
I hope that Battlefront, has certain areas or wepeons that give the player a advantage over the vehicle. The advantage may come from higher ground or from weopen that disables (not destroy) vehicles long enough to give u a head start to get away from them. (Place mines around the disabled vechicle is also perferred) :) That should really make the game balanced. Although vehices should be more powerfull that the average trooper, the trooper should have something up his sleave to even things out from time to time.

lukeiamyourdad
02-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Of course, that's why in BF1942 you can use grenades on tanks.

And the most obvious advantage for the infantry would be in deep jungles or urban settings where the agility of the infantry would allow them to ambush vehicles quite easily.

There's also the "weak spots" on the vehicles. Like the light tank's rear armor in BF1942. One bazooka round and it blows up.

SpeederBike
02-06-2004, 09:12 PM
As long as i have a good varied load of vehicles and weapons, im happy

And theyd better have an xpack:biggs:

Silent_Thunder
02-08-2004, 07:06 AM
1. The fast paced gameplay of tribes 2.

2. Large maps (like tribes) and support for 64 players.

3. Fun gameplay modes besides capture the flag.

4. Bases that serve a purpose, and require a lot of steps to destroy.

5. Ragdoll physics.

6. Star Warsy feel.

7. Jet packs :-P

JediLiberator
02-10-2004, 02:32 AM
must... fly... xwing! Sorry had to get that out. I don't care about the rest of the game as long as I get to fly an xwing and lay waste to the surrounding territory I'd be happy

Craftsman
02-10-2004, 07:39 AM
And i want single palyer missions that are interesting and have lots replaybility.

lotr-sam0711
02-10-2004, 07:38 PM
1)little lag(as i said before).
2)lots of diffrent weapons.
3)tons of places to hide behind.
4)gungans that i can kill!!!!!!!!!!

Robert A. Fett
02-11-2004, 09:26 PM
I know exactly what I want. Ever since I played Battlefront, I knew a SW version needed to come, and sure enough its on its way. My dream is that just as in BF1942 there are battleships, in SWBG there will be capital ships. Imagine using orbital bombardment instead of artillery. Launching from a Star Destroyer instead of an aircraft carrier. They would simply have to design them in such a way as to make them a uniform altitude, but allow them movement along that plane parallel to the surface. And make that altitude accessible by fighters/dropships/shuttles. The more you think about it, the more it becomes a necessity to be true to SW. Where else would imperials deploy from? How else would Trade Federation armies attack?

Craftsman
02-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Hmm. I wonder if u would be able to get in a star destroyer and uses its guns to bombard the planet. Like for example in battlefield 1942 when u die u go do your cheakpoint and in some cases u have to spawn from a ship and go bak to shore. What if by using a shuttle u had to go down to the planets surface? That would be fun.

XMajor
02-15-2004, 07:27 AM
1. The replay value of say, Counter Strike or Day of Defeat. ;)

2. Anti-Halo smoothness. If this game runs like Halo, I am returning it.

3. Vehicles cool like Halo.

4. The basic strategies of Battlefield: 1942, with much much much more added content.

5. A good in-game server browser thingy in which you can easily check the server's ping, map, and who is in the server (kind've like steam)

6. Buildable structures at control points. Such as bunkers where a player could get ammo or health and "clone" since spawn is incorrect for Star Wars, and say the imperial officer could place the building. Another idea would be a sniper tower.

7. Maybe it would be cool if vehicles didn't spawn either. Players would have to buy them with credits, and you'd get credits every time you get a kill, or capture a control point. That'd be some hard balancing though.

8. Also buying weapons too? Since you devs have Star Wars to work with and all the previous guns you've seen in the movies and games, maybe you could give each class the chance to buy one of many guns for their class, each with their own balancing of: recoil, damage, ammo, range. Like, you could add the weapons in from Star Wars Galaxies, Jedi Academy, Jedi Knight, ect.

Say for instance I'm a scout trooper, when I clone and want to buy my weapons, I have a choice of buying a nice little scout blaster, with low recoil, low damage, and 20 shots to the clip. I could also buy say a FWG pistol seen in SWG. That pistol is more expensive, and has higher recoil, higher damage, and only 8 shots to the clip. Also I have the choice of buying a nice Laser Sniper rifle, Semi Automatic Laser Sniper Rifle, each with different attributes.

My 2 cents on what would be cool.

Darth MarcII
02-15-2004, 02:18 PM
One thing I REALLY want to see in a game like this is an accurate "hit physics" engine. Shots to the leg or arm are only disabling, while shots to the head or chest(heart) are fatal, etc. That would up the immersive realism for me.

Craftsman
02-18-2004, 11:42 AM
yeah a solid physics engine is critical for the games long term enjoyment. Thats what made halo so fun. I hope that the physics engine is really state of the ark.

eastcoast2895
02-24-2004, 01:15 AM
this is now a must for me after what i just experience playing jedi academy. i want to be able to register my name so that only i can use it while playing multiplayer. i just came from playing on a ja server where i was having fun for about 5 min. until a person came in impersonating me, stupid me i thought wow someone else has my sn too. then i had a great ten minutes of trying to figure out people accussing me of being an imposter and being killed until i left cuz i was tired of it. so i say there should be registration of name that we log in all the time with that needs a password. i'm guessing this may happen cuz of the possibility of stat tracking. just had to get that off my chest.

lukeiamyourdad
02-24-2004, 02:34 AM
It happens a lot on JA servers. I've played other MP games and sometimes I had the same name as another person and everything was fine.
Another reason why JA sucks...

PrivateBlaster
02-24-2004, 09:29 PM
I want to use as a stormtrooper vehicles like at-st, tie-fighters or at-at. Can I only use them as a pilot ?

Sounds Risky
02-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Anyone can use vehicles, but only pilots can repair them.

eastcoast2895
02-25-2004, 01:13 AM
pilots also can auto-eject when ship is destroyed

Dr.Davidson
02-25-2004, 08:55 AM
i want to have jedis as a class!
and id like to be able to choose my LS-style on my own, not as in JA:siege-mode that one has to have f.e. a double-blade... that sucked rather hard since i cant handle this style...

as LucasArts announced, SW:B will be mainly like BF1942, and it would be very close to the movies, but id like to have some free missions that are not seen in the movies so for free gaming and the feeling of an living universe not just stuck o the movies. furthermore, there are some books id like to have some battles from... f.e. from the han-solo-trilogy the battle of ylesia?

one more... id like to be able to choose male or female models... as in JA:siege, if you choose f.e. rebel:technican on hoth (i dont know exactly anymore), you are a women. and if you choose weaon specialist, you are a male (wookie). id better like to have a "common skin" as for example the technican wears black trousers and a leather jacket, but can be female as well as male.

also, id like all classes to be able to pick up any dropped weapons, alhough they might not be able to use them as efficient as if they were familiar with them... f.e. a scout picks up a rocket launcher from a dead weapon-specialist, but the crosshair becomes bigger and is a bit swaying...

id also like to have the class of an "controller" like leia controlled the attack on first death star...

and id like to have the lasers being way faster than in JA. even @ a distance of 20m it is almost impossible to hit an enemy cuz the lasers are way too slow...

and it might be a good idea to have a modus where three parties battle each other like in "shadows of the empire" (book) the rebels fight the imperials and the black sun, the black sun fights the imperials and the rebels, and the imperials fight the rebels and the black sun. though this might result that to parties join in fighting the third one and then wage war on each other so it might get complicated to keep this balanced... just an idea.

also, id like to have it somewhat realistic so that if you jump around all the time your crosshair will be shivering like hell... (cuz its realistic and cuz i just dont know if i should laugh or cry when i see all these ppl dodge-jumping around all the time... takes some atmorsphere if Imperial Officer of 2nd grade, Iron-Blade and Iron-Fist decorated Mr. Sir Idontknow jumps across the map...)

... AND id like to have a vibroknife or some weapon that cant run out of ammo.

and id like the weapons to be able to run out of magazine ammo so they must be reloaded - that was disturbing me in the JK-series. in the films, you almost could bet that in a critical situation, the balsters ammo was low. in the JK-series, you dont even need to reload...
i think about 60 shots for a normal e11-clip should do... and 300 shots (thus 5 clips) carried are also enough until killed...

thats all for now. expect more to come! :D

joesdomain
02-25-2004, 11:05 PM
I am more concerned about things like what locations, planets, vehicles, starships, etc are in it instead of graphics. I know some of these are already officially confirmed but I would still like to list all my wishlist items:

Starships:
X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, Snowspeeder, B-wings, Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle, Tie Fighters, Tie Interceptors, Republic Gunship

Vehicles: AT-ST Walker, AT-AT Walker, AT-TE Walker, Imperial Speeder Bike, Imperial Probe Droid, Tautaun, STAP, Trade Federation Tank

Locations: Yavin 4 base, Eco Base, Shield Generator, Death Star I and Death Star II, Mos Eisley and Mos Eisley Cantina

Planets: Tatoonie, Hoth, Yavin 4, Endor, Geonosis, Kamino, Naboo, Courscant, Bespin, Alderran, and Dagobah

joesdomain
02-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Wishlist of creatures and droidsto be seen and/or used in Battlefront:

Creatures: Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Wookies, Geonosian warriors, ewoks, Krayt dragons, dewbacks, rontos, banthas, nerfs

Droids: R2 units, Protocol Droids, Medical Droids, Imperial Probe Droids

I think it is important to have good enironments that are crisp and clear but still like star wars and authentic. Having droids and creatures add alot to the game.

lukeiamyourdad
02-26-2004, 12:07 AM
whoa joesdomain has surfaced! incredible...

joesdomain
02-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Yes I surfaced in time for the next PS2 star wars game. I have been waiting over a year for a new ps2 star wars game. This sounds cool. I would like to see interactive creatures, species, droids, etc. I think I mention a little in past posts. I wonder if Lucasarts would try to put both Mos Espa, Mos Eisley Cantina, Sarlac pit, Lars Moisture Farm, Ben's Homestead, and Mos Eisley Cantina in the Tatoonie map. That would be added bonus plus an Tusken Raider camp and a Jawa camp.

Mountainforest
02-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I've only 1 thing:

NO RADAR

It's much more fun playing when you dont always see the enemie (hiding behind a tree on endor :) ). Besides, the game's tactical facet will be bigger.

Dr.Davidson
02-26-2004, 07:22 PM
FIRST POINT
Originally posted by jasperw
NO RADAR

It's much more fun playing when you dont always see the enemie (hiding behind a tree on endor :) ). Besides, the game's tactical facet will be bigger.

disagree. i want a radar, but like in CS that you can only see your teammates. i think thats fair enough.

SECOND POINT
i wanna have a weapon that can give me sort of a "rampage"-feeling like in CS the ak47 or the para. i fear being beaten for this, but id say none blaster can give me that feeling better than a common projectile weapon. so it would be nice to have the repeater somewhat modified.
the "rampage"-feeling comes with, i suppose, a dark, deep machine-gun staccato-sound, nice animations of just pure brute power (not as exaggerated a in JA where the repeater is just like a blur...), and the knowledge that this special weapon is officially (in the SW universum) disliked and said to be a terrorists weapon. :uzi2: :fire3: :evil2:

Dr.Davidson
02-28-2004, 10:15 AM
new idea! I would like to have some missions where the main target is not to kill the opposite side, but maybe free some ppl, bomb something or the like (as is in CS).

Thrawn
02-29-2004, 01:24 AM
I think the grappling hook will be the advantage infantry needs over vehicles. It should provide for a quick get away when being chased and come in handy when you need to blow up the underbelly of an AT-AT

eastcoast2895
02-29-2004, 04:23 AM
i want a radar like the one in black hawk down. its a section of the map which shows any friendlies in the area and has a line that is connected to your icon that leads you to an objective. also i want a map key that will show you a map of the area with all friendly units identified on it.
although i know this probably won't happen, i kinda want a large amount of aircraft in the air battling. i mean extra fighters in the sky and lots of explosions so when you look up you see a air battle going on. i think this would be fun to add to the atmosphere. this would be a nice feature on maps that don't have any aircraft in it.

Dr.Davidson
02-29-2004, 06:18 AM
agree to eastcoast2895, would be nice. but then you'd need to take these extra pilots from the ground battles, and as far as i know, this is supposed to be a ground battle game...
of course i also want to have some air vehicles on every map, but not too much. maybe it is possible to have a little movie inbound to the sky-textures? i think this was a fine solution.

XMajor
03-04-2004, 01:12 AM
BUILT IN ADMIN MOD FOR HOST, easily allowing people to set admins based on IP or in game number(cd-key?) with all the cool admin features - would really make a difference and get people talking. :)

joesdomain
03-04-2004, 04:11 AM
I want to see more planets from the Star Wars movies.

I know they mention about 7 or 8 planets already Such as Tatoonie, Hoth, Endor, Kamino, Geonosis, Naboo. I would hope Kashyyyk is available. I assume the rest of the planets that have not been released are new planets from episode III. I would like to have Dagobah, Bespin, Courscant, and Alderran maps. If it is possible, I would also like to see Ord Mantell, Dantoonie, Kessel, Mon Calamari, and maybe Corellia.

Let's hope they don't cancel the Playstation 2 version of Star Wars Battlefront in the future. I just heard they canceled Sam and Max Freelance Police on PC. It was suppose to be the sequel to the original game. Heck, Lucasarts canceled Full Throttle 2 last year and Star Wars Galaxies for PS2 and X-box also.

lordchinky
03-04-2004, 07:13 AM
HELLO!!!!
IM NEW AND I LIKE YODA!
SEE?!?
:syoda::yoda::syoda::yoda::syoda::yoda:

Boba Rhett
03-04-2004, 07:21 AM
.. That's... great, lordchinky, but not really on topic. Please keep off-topic posts out of here. :)

Wai_TungLeung
03-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I don't think they cancelled Star Wars Galaxies for PS2 or Xbox. Last I heard, they just had no word on it's development.

Doomie
03-06-2004, 03:19 PM
1) a space battle map! with alliance cruisers and star destroyers.
like, flying to the other ship, repelling boarders, hijacking TIEs, boarding the opponents ship, stuff like that.
2) capture the flag
3) Playable Trandoshans!
4)AI characters on every map (except ofcourse the space map if they're gonna make it.)

:ewok: wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ewoks!

Doomie
03-06-2004, 03:48 PM
i want all teh stuff you guys said too, by the way. if it sucks im gonna :compcry:

Doomie
03-06-2004, 03:56 PM
:duel: :lsduel:

i also heard u can summon jedi (or sith) to help you.
would they fight each other if both sides caled upon them at the same time? it would be cool!

i talk much don't i? tell me when it get's annoying.

Sounds Risky
03-06-2004, 08:57 PM
No need to triple post, you could just edit your first.

Dr.Davidson
03-07-2004, 09:21 AM
id also like to have sort of "what-if" maps such as where not rebels vs. empire or clones vs. droids but maybe rebels vs. clones...

oback
03-07-2004, 11:59 PM
i want the game to be well designed most of all, not slow moving infantry, and just all around good physics

smooth movent is a must, for both ships and infantry. I think a good movent style for a game is something like Call of Duty. that is one of the best FPS i have ever played, movent is great. ships i want to NOt be chopy to move in, bf1942 had it down right with the tanks. O and i hope the AT AT's arnt all tiny and stuff!!!!!! i want them to be HUGE!! like in the movies and how there supposed to be.

jesseg88
03-08-2004, 12:25 AM
1: PunkBuster Support to stop those annoying cheaters!
2: Allow vehicles to run over/step on infantry and have the infantry be crushed REALISTICALLY! It really annoys me when they just fall down!
3: Mod tools! 'Nuff said.
4: Pilots should be able to commandeer enemy vehicles. I would love to be a rebel pilot, invade an AT-AT, kill the imperial pilot, and us the AT-AT against the Imperials. :atpilot::snip2:
5: When you kill an enemy or teamkill with explosives, there should be gibs! Ok, just kidding on that one.:D
6: It shoud be fast paced, but if my expected life span is five seconds, I am going to scream!
7: It has to be fun!

lukeiamyourdad
03-08-2004, 12:58 AM
PunkBuster sucks. It only is good the first 2-3 weeks and then people are going to go around it.

dnd_addik
03-08-2004, 06:39 AM
I agree with Doomgiver on the space battles map!

Like, each side had a large battleship (trade fed cruiser, whatever the republic has, star destroyer, mon cal star cruiser) as a home base, that was moveable like the carriers in BF1942. Each also has gun-turrets that can be manned. And they have fighters too, and the only way to get from one ship to the other was through the fighters (i.e. space in between the ships is lethal to infantry). then you could have special boarding transports that need to be protected, or bombers, or other support cap ships (frigates and destroyers) and the object of the map is either to destroy the other ship, or maybe get a landing party to destroy a key internal system! would be one hell of a space battle!

Mountainforest
03-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Davidson
id also like to have sort of "what-if" maps such as where not rebels vs. empire or clones vs. droids but maybe rebels vs. clones...
:(
No thanks, that would ruin the idea of two ages. The nice thing about the game is you could play the big fights in star wars.

Mountainforest
03-08-2004, 03:10 PM
1) Pilots should be able to throw their teammates out of a vehicle when they want to pilot it (what purpose has a pilot when it vcan't pilot something?).

2) Not to fast please, I think that would ruin the tactical aspect.

3) No radar (yes I've said it before).

4) Good adventages for the 'teamplayers'. Good enough to let a player choose another character in place of it's favourite one incase there are already enough of them in the game.

5) The stats of each player to be seen by all. You should be able to see what a players favourite character is and how good a player is with different characters (there should be some point-system, only awarding kills isn't fair because some characters aren't good at killing). You should also been able to see how many team members someone has killed in his last game and the ability for a server to block all people who have killed to much in their last game. That way, a player who likes it to murder his own team :mad: will have to crate a new char, and all his stats will be gone (hehehehe ;) )

6) No team switching while playing, in Halo it hapens sometimes that al players join the stronger team.

And I'm not sure about this: Should you be forced to play with the team that has less players? Of course it's nice if you could play with your favourite team, but as you could see in another thread, the republic is much more popular then the seperatists. It would be unfair if the seperatist were outnumbered.

Master William
06-21-2004, 09:19 PM
I hope the teamkilling is controlled... Has anyone else seen these childish TKers? You accidently shoot their health off a bit, or you accidently kill them. When respawning, they avenge you by TKing you ten times in a row, while all you did was just damaging them.

I had this happening on me, and then I was accused of lying and teamkilling. All we needed was an abusive admin command and we had JO in a nutshell!

joesdomain
06-22-2004, 01:18 AM
My wishlist is too see most if not all the types of empire troops from IV, V, and VI. I am sorta hoping there is a chance we will see Imperial Navy Troopers or the Death Star Troopers(ones with the all black helmets.) I believe those troops were in Episode IV for sure. Episode IV just have the death star troopers that controlled the laser.

joesdomain
06-22-2004, 01:39 AM
I agree with removing of the EU Darktrooper from the empire. Concentrate on using empire units from the original trilogy movies only.

Mountainforest
06-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Master William
I hope the teamkilling is controlled... Has anyone else seen these childish TKers? You accidently shoot their health off a bit, or you accidently kill them. When respawning, they avenge you by TKing you ten times in a row, while all you did was just damaging them.

I had this happening on me, and then I was accused of lying and teamkilling. All we needed was an abusive admin command and we had JO in a nutshell!

There also are players who are just killing other ones fof fun. Accidents can happen, but you know when a real teamkiller is around.

Xirion
06-22-2004, 06:40 AM
a star wars feel
and a war feel!

i wanna feel like im in a battle!

Lt. Havoc
06-22-2004, 08:12 AM
If the devs visit this forum and just scan this topic they would see that 80% of the fans are asking for the same things.

1. Increased variety and versatility.
(More choices on skins and classes)

2. More logical item inventory for classes.
(namely the pilot and smuggler for the rebs. Pilots shouldn't be mechanics and medics.)

3. Realistic but fun action.
(having it take 4-5 blasts to kill a single troop won't be fun)

As for my wish list its the same as I'm preached in 5 other topics.

1. More classes OR the ability to make your own weapon loadout.

Have the weapons directly effect a characters running speed but force them to choose items from each category (primary, secondary and special). Then the greedy would get weighed down by heavy weapons and be powerful but slow. This could work for every faction even the droids. Keep the Droideka & Super as specific classes but have standard droids with a choice of weapons.

2. A wide range of uniforms.

Simple color variations on certain parts of the player's skin would be great and not too difficult. Imp officers with grey or black uniforms. Stormtroopers with a choice in colored shoulder pads, like the sandtroopers. Vanguard troops with a choice in skin tone and colored vests. Reb scouts male or female. Reb pilots in orange, green or red flight suits. Battle droids dirty, clean or rank insignia markings. Smuggler, have the wookiee with hair color variations. Or better yet a 2nd model of another alien very humanlike to make it easy to model. Bring back the Bothan!!! When it gets to the clone troopers it doesn't matter too much, now does it?

3. Have good terrain on the countryside maps. Not a flat and level playing field. Contours, hills and valleys so that its just not a slug fest and who spawns first with a sniper rifle wins.

4. don't put stupid team avatars above players' heads. If you can't figure out your team by the uniform you shouldn't be playing.

5. Space battles.

6. Lots of useful server settings.

7. This one is the pie in sky but... a map setting randomizer.
What? Let me explain. Instead of playing a map and having it the same every time what about if the spawn locations changed or the flags positions switched. Granted it wouldn't be logical on every map. More interesting would be weather conditions. Play Endor 1 round and its mid-day then next round its late afternoon. The sky went from bright blue to a dark with reddish hue.

*Operation Flashpoint did those things. You could actually see the moon rise on occasions. Very cool.

That's all for now.

yaebginn
06-22-2004, 10:27 AM
^That post is gold. some fo the stuff I hadn't even thought of. good job.

Lt. Havoc
06-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Thanks. There is a good sense of community here, after seeing the same usernames all the time you learn who's passionate about the game. I also like that all the concepts and ideas aren't without logic and justification.

Here's somethings I forgot.

8. A good multiplayer server browser.
One which shows you the server's settings (FF on or off, number of tickets, time limit or even map rotation).

9. A decent "non-obtrusive" ingame voting system.
Give players the ability to vote for maps or kick players but don't make the graphic interface take up your entire screen. BF1942's system is OK but the notices are huge and detract from the game. Make vote notices small and situate them near the main HUD.

10. Give players the ability to set the ingame kill messages and chat size.
Again this to put the attention on the game and not what people are chatting about in the game.

11. a logical damage system for the vehicles and players.
For instance, make certain parts of an AT-ST weaker that others. A rocket hit to the leg, though difficult to do, should bring down the AT-ST. Where as one to the Turret body though easier to hit would only do 1/2-2/3 damage.
Speeder bikes hulls should take more damage than the thin, flemsy steering forks.

At the same time head shots should be instant kills while torso would maybe do 1/2-2/3 damage and limb hits only 1/3.
You get the idea.

12. If the scout battle droid can call "orbital strikes" then they should have an added restriction.
I'm guessing an orbital strike is an SW version of artillery only minus the 2nd player which would fire the rounds which the scout spots. So what's to keep you from laying next to an ammo recharge and spamming "strikes"? I say force the scout to remain still and paint the target until the strike comes in. Calling it on the run won't work and calling it and moving will break the signal. Then provide a 6-8 second pause before another strike maybe called in. You could even have a clever sound bite say "One moment... our laser batteries are recharging." They could even build in code which calculates if the player is at the same location or with a small radius and calls in multiple strikes the time between each gets longer and longer. That forces the player expose themself and get in the game.

13. ???

I'm out for now.

yaebginn
06-22-2004, 11:42 AM
good job, you see an opportunity (the devs visiting the forums) and you seize it. good job.

I really hope damage control is really well done. thats important. and what do you do if you run out of ammo? can you use fists? or what?

Lt. Havoc
06-22-2004, 11:54 AM
fists would be great. I can imagine reading that kill message. Or better yet, sneaking up on that sniper picking off your mates and beating him to death... brutal. I can hear the robotic servo and clunk sound fx as the battle droid punches.

Can you imagine how easy it will be for them to do the voices for the clone troopers and droids? Its all the same voices. Guess its plenty fo work for those voice actors.

yaebginn
06-22-2004, 12:14 PM
yeah. u from FL, right? Go Bucs. we are the best at all sports. Bucs win superbowl, lightning wins stanley cup, marlins win world series. we are the dominant state.

TK-8252
06-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I think that a pilot being a mechanic is okay...

Originally posted by Lt. Havoc
12. If the scout battle droid can call "orbital strikes" then they should have an added restriction.
I'm guessing an orbital strike is an SW version of artillery only minus the 2nd player which would fire the rounds which the scout spots. So what's to keep you from laying next to an ammo recharge and spamming "strikes"? I say force the scout to remain still and paint the target until the strike comes in. Calling it on the run won't work and calling it and moving will break the signal. Then provide a 6-8 second pause before another strike maybe called in. You could even have a clever sound bite say "One moment... our laser batteries are recharging." They could even build in code which calculates if the player is at the same location or with a small radius and calls in multiple strikes the time between each gets longer and longer. That forces the player expose themself and get in the game.

The way orbital strikes function (for the Imperial Officer, at least) is discussed in this article:

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/features/default.asp?siteid=60&sectiontypeid=8&subsectionid=1639&pagetypeid=2&articleid=28697&page=3

For the Imperial side, their special unit right now is the Imperial officer. He can heal troops, he can also deploy a probe droid to steer remotely around the battlefield. The cool thing about the probe droid is he can also call in a bombardment from orbit. He can drop off a beacon, and sound a warning, but then that area is pretty much going to be pummelled from space.

So the downside to orbital strikes is that you have to leave your player idle and unable to defend itself while you're remotely controlling the Probe Droid.

Lt. Havoc
06-22-2004, 12:22 PM
melee attacks with weapons that are out of ammo. For instance run out of blaster ammo and you automatically try to butt-stroke your opponent with the same fire button. This would help prevent the "knife fight" mentality. You'd have to first totally run out of ammo before you could run around like a jackass saying "knife fight only, knife fight only".

Rockets should penetrate a Droideka's shields.

FL has gone off in recent years, a far cry from years and years past though.

yaebginn
06-22-2004, 01:11 PM
yeah, that'd be great. ike in ed dead revolver. you can pistol whip a guy, stab with him a bayonet, if you are out of ammo.

TK-8252
06-22-2004, 01:19 PM
No melee in Battlefront! The back-up weapon should just be the pistol with unlimited ammo. Oh god, I can just imagine it: "hay laemr!!!11!1 fists = peaece noob@!111"

Mountainforest
06-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah, melee would be nice. Like in Halo.

SonOdin
06-22-2004, 07:41 PM
I want Jabba and the Rancor!!
You fight in Jabbaspalace, don´t watch out and fall into the rancors pit.... *dreaming*

Space battles: If the Empire has unlock the Deathstar , the rebels has the chance to destroy it like in episode 4 :deathstar
or 6 :deathii: in a big spacebattle. If the rebels lose the fight, the imps can use their big weapon...

And I want Dewbacks on Tatooine!!

PhireStorm
06-22-2004, 08:12 PM
I Want:

1) Awesome Graphics, such as droids busting apart, burning stuff, Falling AT-ATs, Flying debris, smoke
2)Stealth tactics
3) Battles occuring in space (ships)
4) The death star with all the pits!
5) Be able to capture people and use as hostages

Master William
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Oh yeah, some sort of Friends list.

Don't worry guys, this game won't turn out like JO/JA at all. Nobody's gonna care if you are typing, anyone would be wise to not start typing in the middle of a war... do it while you're safe from enemy fire.

As for Pilots only be able to control aircraft, I think they're gonna go with the BF1942 style...

killer007
06-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Okay things I wish for.

1. If you are in an area where there is flying debris I would like to see it do somesort of damage.

2. Ships that feel like how they are supposed to.

3. Maybe picking up a dead teamates weapons like if you need ammo or grenades. Only would work for your own class Like a scout cant pick up a rocket launcher.

thats all i can think of for now.

Mountainforest
06-23-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by killer007
3. Maybe picking up a dead teamates weapons like if you need ammo or grenades. Only would work for your own class Like a scout cant pick up a rocket launcher.

thats all i can think of for now.

That has already been confirmed. You can pick up ammo from dead teammates/opponents. However, you can't pick up weapons.

killer007
06-24-2004, 12:55 AM
They have confirmed that idea? I havent heard anything about it. Thanks though.

Alegis
06-25-2004, 10:59 AM
1) Pilots should be able to throw their teammates out of a vehicle when they want to pilot it (what purpose has a pilot when it vcan't pilot something?).
It would be good cause ppl that cant fly wouldnt fly etc etc, but would be overused dont you think? Instead of Tkers they'd just come around drag you out

Lets see...
*Good voting GUI, with everything on it
*Balance system (You may not have double the amount of assault guys than pilots, for example, that stuff...also for vehicles)
*Taunts!

Dr.Davidson
06-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by jasperw

agree to alegis (^). just suppose there are two skilled pilots but both think he/she is better ... this would stop the whole actio cuz they would drag each other out all the time.

its better to bind an alarm like "hey, im pilot, let me do this job" to tell the player that a skilled one is near, bt not just drag them out.

ShadowHawkTA
06-25-2004, 09:35 PM
I have to agree with the idea of being able to last. I dont want it to be the spawn three seconds later die thing that went on with the Unreal series.

fuzzyfreaker
06-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I want to have a coruscant map soo bad, i mean, you can use a speeder and fly around and stuff, make it the largest map in the game.

joesdomain
06-27-2004, 02:28 AM
Thermal Detonators! Thermal Detonators! Need I say more! The more the merrier. I want to be able to throw them at vehicles or inside a vehicle and blow them up.

joesdomain
06-27-2004, 11:33 PM
I know this isn't going to happen but I would like background characters to show up like Bossk, Greedo, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, IG-88. Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna, and any other main character from the star wars films.

TK-8252
06-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Now THERE's a good idea. That'd be awesome if the Imperials could call bounty hunters, like how they call Darth Vader.

Maybe they can be modded into the game... :D

The-Stealth
06-28-2004, 02:16 AM
I think that if ur a pilot and get shot down b4 u get blown to itty bitty pieces I want to be able to jump out and like partachute or light jetpack thingy like in bf1942.

MobiuZ
06-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Why don't put Rankings in it ! that would be awesome !
like every single player has its own ID ( no mather what name he/her chooses ) and than like after 100 kills you become Private First Class , 200 : Corporal , 300 : Corporal First Class , and so on.

fuzzyfreaker
06-28-2004, 08:34 AM
hey, not bad for a first post. Good idea... I also like the whole boba fett and secondary character idea.

MobiuZ
06-28-2004, 10:30 AM
thx :)

Mountainforest
06-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by MobiuZ
Why don't put Rankings in it ! that would be awesome !
like every single player has its own ID ( no mather what name he/her chooses ) and than like after 100 kills you become Private First Class , 200 : Corporal , 300 : Corporal First Class , and so on.

Rankings would be fun, but I'd prefer if they weren't based on kills. Some character classes make more kills then others, and I wouldn't like to give people who love to be a sniper a bonus.

Í think they should make some inteligent point-system. Kills will be rewarded (headshots give a higher reward), but also other stuff. For example: blowing a building up (as a wookie smugler) or staying in a vehicle in combat for a long time. Or piloting a speederbike at a surden speed for a surden time on Endor.

<>Mountainforest

lukeiamyourdad
06-28-2004, 07:42 PM
If they do, they should give points for repairing vehicles and healing allies.
I was so pissed having a lousy score when playing as an engineer in BF1942/Viet Nam when I was totally doing
helping everyone.

imlittlev
06-28-2004, 09:33 PM
consoles: 16 players internet
32 players lan

pc: 32 players internet
64 players lan

I'd be nice if they'd have more than 32 players for internet servers on pc since they had 32 on siege servers in JK2.
the maps are undoubtfully going to be roomy. I enjoy huge scale battles.maybe....40 - 50 players?
that'd be GREAT!

The-Stealth
06-29-2004, 01:00 AM
does any1 know if therers gunna be something like that in this game, like a parachute or something for jumpin out of fighters.

Mountainforest
06-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by The-Stealth
does any1 know if therers gunna be something like that in this game, like a parachute or something for jumpin out of fighters.

We know that support units (or pilots, medics, whatever you like to call them) will be able to survive a vehicle crash. I haven't heared anything about parachutes and I'm actually hoping pilots will be the only ones having them.

The-Stealth
06-29-2004, 06:44 AM
yeh i hope they got em cuz i always fooled around in bf1942 by goin as high as i could and jump out onto a base with like 4 friends lol(heavy bomber baby!)

TK-8252
06-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Weren't pilots originally going to have grappling hooks?

Sgt. Cranky
06-29-2004, 01:10 PM
My hopes for this game:

1.Mods like BF1942 to keep the game fresh.
2. Massive space battles with loads of capital ships, and asteroid fields!
3. A decent scoring system as metioned above (I stink at close quarter combat, I am much better in support roles)
4. Interactive environments. I hate it when an opponent can hide inside a shack and survive when you plaster it with HE rounds (Like BF1942).
5. Good explosions, flying bodies (smoldering Ewok carcasses..yeah I'm a sick-o, hate them friggin' teddy bears!) wreckage/ bodies that stay and don't disappear.

Mountainforest
06-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Weren't pilots originally going to have grappling hooks?

Yes, Rebel pilots would have a worms ninjarope cable, but they probably took that out along with the 6th class.

PBF
06-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Man, you guys (and gals, I'm sure) have some wicked cool ideas. I particularly like Lt. Havoc's comments. Enjoy reading all of them, though.

I'm uninitiated when it comes to this type of game so I'm looking forwarding to learning on the fly...which brings me to the one thing I would like to see someday, if not in this game: space-borne battles with command of everything from the super star destroyers to the shuttle crafts. I know there are flying elements involved in SWB so that'll do for the time being.

Splinter(nl)
07-01-2004, 09:04 AM
limited classes. all classes are limited except regular soldiers.

Lord Tyreal
07-01-2004, 10:08 PM
I hope that for x box live their will be excellent download content like new planets new caracter classes and even new vechiles to drive.

and hopefully ranking boards showing the best player out their on x box

ca_groovy
07-01-2004, 11:25 PM
I live in the vain hope that us poor peons with slow internet links will still be able to multiplay SWB (BF1942/Vietnam are bearable if you find a relatively local server that doesn't have too many people on it... decent cable internet is still waaaay too expensive in NZ).:mad:

fuzzyfreaker
07-02-2004, 01:34 AM
oh yeah, poor NZ, but hey, you have the same amount of people we do and have 100 times more the space. (I'm talking about Singapore). But hey, we have cheap cable, it comes free with cable TV. And since it's a must to have cable here becuase otherwise you don't get any channels... everybody has cable. Anyway, back on topic,

I'm hoping that the console version will be every bit as good as the PC. So, when a good map or vehicle that somebody made is available on PC, lucasarts can put it on Xbox Live.

GO KIWIS!!!

TheBatMan
07-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Ok since I have actually refused to play my PS2 until sept when this game comes out let me tell you all the wonderful things I wish for

1) That the lag not suck. LAG SUCKS!! That is the most frustrating crap in the world man.

2) I hope there is some kind of training room setup for clans to train where you can all hear even though your different factions. So that you can really train together and get used to each other.

3) DARTH MAUL

4) I wish that when your the last person left on multiplayer that you could hear your heart beating fast, just softly over the headset.

5) Would be nice if the star wars catch phrases jumped in there if you do real well. Like if you get 5 kills in a round you hear Han say don't get cocky kid. Or if your really suckin you could hear Yoda say to be trained in the way of the force he is not. Things like that

6) One on one mini games. Lets say your waiting to jump into a clan war right, you been here before your in a clan with ten and everyone is on. Well wouldn't it be tight if you and one of those guys could jump into a mini game of x-wing vs tie fighter, or land speeder races, or my personal favorite pick off the ewoks.

7) If the emperials call in Darth Vader and your the last to die. He should run up on you and choke the living crap outa you with the force.

8) Utilize the HDD for the PS2 I bought the thing in hopes of better games because of it so PLEASE USE IT!!!!

9) A clear point system. We really do care about rank. We say we don't but man oh man the hard core gamers really do!

10) No choppy game play!

Thats my wish list

Nevhision
07-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by TheBatMan
5) Would be nice if the star wars catch phrases jumped in there if you do real well. Like if you get 5 kills in a round you hear Han say don't get cocky kid. Or if your really suckin you could hear Yoda say to be trained in the way of the force he is not. Things like that

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but that? If you're going to play this game for hours on end, those "catch phrases" will get anoying.

fuzzyfreaker
07-06-2004, 12:50 AM
true. It'd be like, Don't get cocky Don't get cocky ARGH!!!

major-dump
07-09-2004, 07:43 PM
the main thing i want is cross platform capability what was rumored to be in this game it would be great to play people on xbox and ps2 with my comp

THE BADGER:
07-12-2004, 08:35 AM
My wish list is simple. i am guessing this game will be close to SOCOM 2 , so here is the problems I don't want to see.

1. The most important. NO LAG. I know you can't get rid of all of it, but most of it would be great.

2. If we are gonna have all these great vehicles than don't make the whole map lag when someone is shooting from them. Some weapons made SOCOM 2 lag real bad.

3. Have some downloads for the HDD in a timely manner. Not like SOCOM 2 when they promise new maps and guns but just don't know when. I bought this thing and can't really use it.

4. Be strict on cheaters and glitichers. One offence and your out.

5. I'm guessing the point system will be like SOCOM 2. So thats ok. Just use the KISS rule. Keep it simple.

6. Have more than just 8 vs.8. Like on S2. I want to see a battle. With soldiers all over the place. AI's ok. I just want alot of things to shoot at. LOL

7. My prediction is that this game will be the best game of 2004. I have already grown tired of SOCOM 2 waiting for this game to come out.

8. I really don't care what characters they have, It' would be impossible to put them all in. Along with the vehicles to. I just want to drive a AT-ST and slaughter some ewocks. LOL

9. And don't release the game until all the bug are out. I would rather wait a little longer and have a game that don't suck. Ya know.

Craftsman
07-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by THE BADGER:
My wish list is simple. i am guessing this game will be close to SOCOM 2 , so here is the problems I don't want to see.

1. The most important. NO LAG. I know you can't get rid of all of it, but most of it would be great.

2. If we are gonna have all these great vehicles than don't make the whole map lag when someone is shooting from them. Some weapons made SOCOM 2 lag real bad.

3. Have some downloads for the HDD in a timely manner. Not like SOCOM 2 when they promise new maps and guns but just don't know when. I bought this thing and can't really use it.

4. Be strict on cheaters and glitichers. One offence and your out.

5. I'm guessing the point system will be like SOCOM 2. So thats ok. Just use the KISS rule. Keep it simple.

6. Have more than just 8 vs.8. Like on S2. I want to see a battle. With soldiers all over the place. AI's ok. I just want alot of things to shoot at. LOL

7. My prediction is that this game will be the best game of 2004. I have already grown tired of SOCOM 2 waiting for this game to come out.

8. I really don't care what characters they have, It' would be impossible to put them all in. Along with the vehicles to. I just want to drive a AT-ST and slaughter some ewocks. LOL

9. And don't release the game until all the bug are out. I would rather wait a little longer and have a game that don't suck. Ya know.

1) Well if there everyone has a 256k connection or higher things would go very nicely.

2) Yeah. But the devs have said extensive testing has taken place to fix such problems.

3) PC will get MODS ect but Lucasars will put in some exclusive stuff for you console gamers.

4) Agreed

5) Yeh. Points is important for me. You can really see how well you mathc up against others.

6) If its to small than it can get tiresome although a good game of sniper vs sniper can takespace.

7) Agreed

8) I dont care much for special apperances.

9) True.

MaximumMayhem
07-13-2004, 11:23 AM
I'll start with some kudos. Some very interesting points were brought up by everyone. Well done.

I will be personally upgrading to a broadband connection, aswell as getting a new graphics card just for this title.

My wishlist revolves around a few game mechanics themselves...

Something that the game most certainly needs to be successful is a solid networking code. Seeing as the online feature is what Battlefront will be all about; it is imperative that gameplay must be efficient, optimal and smooth.

One game that has impressed me with it's networking code is Unreal Tournament 2004. I am currently on 56k and can play online perfectly. If there is any lag, it is so slight to the point where it does little to affect my performance ingame. This impressed the hell out of me.

Another important feature is the addition of a friendly, inbuilt server browser. Being the player's connection to FUN, it is of utmost importance that the browser is faultless and efficient. I've had numerous bouts of trouble with the server browsers found in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy which ultimately turned me off the MP aspect over time. No huge problem as it was the SP experience I was after.

However, Raven isnt in charge here, so we'll consider it a blessing in that department, shall we?

Its great to know that voice chat is to be included ingame. Great news indeed. I will again refer to Unreal Tournament 2004 here because it has honestly raised the benchmark regarding voice chat ingame.

Im not sure what client Epic used, but voice on UT2004 is crystal clear with absolutely no distortion whatsoever. In such team oriented gaming, this 'tool' is a backbone ingredient to victory if used properly. Not to mention it adding amazing amounts of enjoyment to the game aswell.

There's nothing better than assisting each other through voice. Playing those Onslaught maps, I nearly felt like I was in the Clone Wars; co-ordinating attacks with my troopers ;)

Firstly, *stands up*.. yes, I admit I have a problem. Im a Clone Wars nut.

That's why my final request is for you boys and girls in sound to pay close attention to the voices of the numerous characters. Namely the Clone Troopers. They must have New Zealand accents as they did in AotC. Why? Its like giving Darth Vader a yellow lightsaber. Its just that important!

The microseries on Cartoon Network was brilliant, but the fact that the Troopers were speaking with American accents just destroyed me. Its all a part of the overall atmosphere.

Galactic Battlegrounds pulled it off well.

If this isnt included, then I will be absolutely shattered :(

Please include them! I implore you with open arms!!!

Thanks for your time. Only 10 weeks and 1 day!!!

But who's counting right? ;)

Best Regards
- Steve

Stingray
07-13-2004, 01:28 PM
I know this topic isn't really the place, but it's not worth to make a new topic for only one question and answer:

concerning the voice chat, are you postive they mean actually using the microphones to talk to eachother? Perhaps they mean some pre-programmed exclamations such as "I need back-up!" or "Follow me!".

it wouldn't be the first time that is called voice-chat. So could someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Sting

ShadowMarth03
07-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Obviously the most prevailant wanted feature is mods, expansions, and updates. New maps sometimes, such things as these.

THE BADGER:
07-13-2004, 08:41 PM
No it will have real-time voice chat. You can't play a online team game without the abillity to talk to one another. I can't stand people who play SOCOM 2 online without a mic. Thay run over my mines when I tell them where they are. Ahhhh!:mad:

No but it will have real voice chat!

ShadowMarth03
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm getting a new headset for this... I've never done this type of game on PC, do you guys suggest a controller of any type?

ShadowMarth03
07-14-2004, 06:53 PM
For those of you lodging questions toward the ranking system, here is a tidbit from an ign.com preview.

Alegis
07-14-2004, 06:54 PM
my wishlist includes fixes on current things

-make weapons less accurate

-dont overempower droideka

-make strafing SLOWER, and forwards faster, to avoid strafe wars

-make sniper less simple (it looks so simple, view doesnt move etc)

ShadowMarth03
07-14-2004, 06:55 PM
"At the end of the match, you'll see a screen listing your stats. Beyond just telling you your kills and deaths and favorite weapons and stuff, the game also hands out some awards for particular players. "

ShadowMarth03
07-14-2004, 06:56 PM
"Players who kill the most vehicles or get the most head shots or die the least will have cool titles to add to their prestige. "
BTW, sniper shots leave trails giving away possition as a balancer.

THE BADGER:
07-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Man don't double post, just edit the one you just posted.

I'm getting a new headset for this... I've never done this type of game on PC, do you guys suggest a controller of any type?

I would find one modeled after a PS2 controller, with two analog sticks. And a headset will make the game so much more enjoyable for ya.

ShadowMarth03
07-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Thx badger, BTW, have you been having problems with posting long replies? It has only been letting me post a few lines a t a time- notice my large number of posts that were going to be just 2-3......

Craftsman
07-15-2004, 03:09 AM
Mouse and keyboard for me

Doomie
07-15-2004, 06:16 AM
Alright... i wish for pretty much what you guys said except NO MODDABILITY! It may sound fun and all, but it would be easy to device hacks and all...

on the other hand, new skins can be fun... new vehicles, wepaons.... alright: Limited moddability!

joesdomain
07-16-2004, 11:53 AM
I think it would be cool to have downloaded features or an expansion pack or sequel that would contain more planets and locations like Dagobah, Courscant, Kashyyyk, Dantoonie, Sullust, Corellia, Mon Calamari, Kessel, Ord Mantell, etc.

THE BADGER:
07-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Thx badger, BTW, have you been having problems with posting long replies? It has only been letting me post a few lines a t a time- notice my large number of posts that were going to be just 2-3......
No prob, no but I have had that problem on other forums. Just type a few line, submit, than go back and edit to add more.

I think it would be cool to have downloaded features or an expansion pack or sequel that would contain more planets and locations like Dagobah, Courscant, Kashyyyk, Dantoonie, Sullust, Corellia, Mon Calamari, Kessel, Ord Mantell, etc.

Yeah PS2 has a HDD, or hard drive, which i bought but they have not released any new material yet. I'm waiting on new maps for SOCOM 2, but I don't know when that will be. I am hopeing that Lucas releases updates in a timely manner. Ya know.

Craftsman
07-17-2004, 01:54 AM
Hmmm. SWBF is really the first major console online experience. It shoudl be update alot the the connection althouhg PC's will have a strong advantage reageding new stuff.

THE BADGER:
07-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Yeah we have SOCOM 1 & 2, but nothing like SW:BF. SOCOM has 8vs8 like this will have for consoles, but we have never had anything like this. Vehicles and stuff. That's why I am so excited!

Craftsman
07-17-2004, 02:04 AM
Lucasarts could start the biggest market ever. Online gaming with consoles. Bets that the next battlefields might follow!

ShadowMarth03
07-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Don't count on it being THAT big, just look around, no one is on any forums about it anywhere but here.

Craftsman
07-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Of course. It's not out yet

joesdomain
07-18-2004, 01:18 AM
I know there is alot of talk about it on IGN, www.theforce.net, and www.starwars.com message boards.

THE BADGER:
07-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah the best advertisment is word of mouth, so when it comes out it will spread like wildfire. I bet it will be as big or bigger than SOCOM 2.

ShadowMarth03
07-18-2004, 03:25 PM
I ceartainly hope so, but I have already told all my immediate friends and they have no interest (or dsl).....
But I know just a few people at school who can spread it faster than you can blink if they like it....... that is, once school starts again.

Master William
07-18-2004, 04:19 PM
SOCOM 2 was big??

Craftsman
07-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Sort of

Dustnite
07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
I was reading these forums and I got the distinct impression that there won't be any space combat in this game. If this is going to be land-based only with so few options to do any huge space battles, hence the <i>Star Wars</i>, I'm frankly never going to play this game.

If I can't do a run on the deathstar to blow up the main reactor or fight for my life dodging a barrage of enemy lasers in an X-wing, I'm not going to pick up this game at all.

I've read some posts and some people suggest there's enough space combat games for the <i>Star Wars</i> universe. I respectfully disagree with that assumption. <b>NO ONE</b> has been able to accomplish creating a decent space shooter/sim! In fact, I think they should of focused more on going into space in this game instead of duking it out on the ground.

The only saving face for this game is going to be flying the snowspeeders toward an AT-AT and try tripping it with a tow cable!

The multiple gaming system ports and attempt to combine them all is disconcerting as well. I wonder how new maps or mods are going to be available to everyone on all systems because mods are what keep a game alive.

My wish is to have more focus on space combat than ground combat. Not everyone would have to fly in a space combat scenario. You would still need gunners to man the star destroyers and you would need people to form strike teams to board enemy ships. You would need somebody to hold POWs (hey it could happen)

I don't see this game going very far without some kind of space epic battle.

B K
07-18-2004, 09:15 PM
My wishlist is pretty simple:

1. Better than Battlefield1942

2. Have it so you can capture all the bases, unlike Battlefield1942.

3. Less laggage on the multiplayer

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful, than you can possibly imagine." --Ben Kenobi--

ShadowMarth03
07-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Please dustnite, there is no way you can can call this game a failure. Full scale ground combat is the whole point of the game! I agree that there have been few good space dogfight sims, but there is no reason that you can say that this game will not rock.

MaximumMayhem
07-19-2004, 04:34 AM
You have an interesting point regarding lack of an intensive Star Wars space fighting sim. Ive never played the later Rogue Squadron games (meaning anything released after the N64 - Battle of Naboo), so I cant comment on the quality of the latter releases, but Dusty, dont be miffed if Battlefront lacks space warfare, because this game's primary focus will be on ground battles.

Take heart though, its only a matter of time until your dreams of a perfect (or near enough) SW space sim will come true.

So long as the gameplay itself is brimming with quality and the netcode is optimal, this game will be pure WINNAR!

(I wont get into accurate Clone Trooper voice re-creation - oops.. just did ;))

Best Regards
- Steve

Craftsman
07-19-2004, 04:38 AM
Hello! Xwing Allience!! The best out of the space sims!!

joesdomain
07-19-2004, 04:41 AM
Wish is to take down AT-AT Walkers with aircraft or without using a tow cable. Or take it down with some type of other vehicle or a turrent.

Craftsman
07-19-2004, 05:03 AM
You can but it would be hard

Alegis
07-19-2004, 08:52 AM
combine space craft with infantery? Think about them noobs. there are lots of great space games (rogue squadron) and this one is infantery based

Errr dustnite has "Posts: 0" ? Prove that something indeed is going wrong with the postcount some have been complaining about

The-Stealth
07-19-2004, 06:53 PM
I hope u can like customize your specific solder or something like just the face for each diff type of unit i would love that who else

ShadowMarth03
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Hehe, we will be the first of the game....... If it gets as popular as it should, we will be the noob killers and idiot slayers....

Craftsman
07-19-2004, 09:16 PM
You can. THe devs have siad that they are not going to make every soldie look the same. There will be at least 5 different varities.

joesdomain
07-19-2004, 10:38 PM
I was sorta hoping we could customize the gender, face, body, etc. of the troopers before we start the game.

ShadowMarth03
07-20-2004, 09:13 PM
nah, the testers at the latest press test drive said on one web site that ALL soldiers (exclusion of robots and genderless characters) were guys.

Alegis
07-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ShadowMarth03
nah, the testers at the latest press test drive said on one web site that ALL soldiers (exclusion of robots and genderless characters) were guys.
no female marksman ? :(
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/images/rebel_marksman.gif

yaebginn
07-20-2004, 09:49 PM
maybe u can change it, if not, then you should be secure with your masculinity enough to be a girl in a video game.

joesdomain
07-20-2004, 10:02 PM
In the films, You don't see too many female troopers especially in episode IV, V, and VI. Besides Leia and Mon Mothma, most the female's in the original trilogy were aliens.

ShadowMarth03
07-20-2004, 10:51 PM
I have no problem playing as female characters, just saying, that's what I read.....

THE BADGER:
07-21-2004, 07:34 AM
There is a female SEAL in SOCOM 2, you just have to beat the game in single player to get it in online play.

joesdomain
07-21-2004, 11:30 AM
I just don't like the idea of having the same face for every single trooper on your side. Like the pilot face's being the same! That would look stupid. It would be like having clones.

TK-8252
07-21-2004, 11:55 AM
It looks like there might be random faces for your character. For example: I've seen both black and white Rebel Vanguards.

ShadowMarth03
07-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Isn't the one on lucasarts.com black? Cool, limited character customability sounds good.......but I hope it only lets you customize appearance, and not affect gameplay, and that it doesn't obscure the type of unit in play.

joesdomain
07-22-2004, 02:30 AM
Yeah the character of the vanguard is black. I hope all the vanguard don't look like that. I want to see variation in facial and body features.

Craftsman
07-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Hopefully

THE BADGER:
07-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Well they will most likely have predetermind bodys that you pick like in SOCOM 2. You have 4 different player to choose from, their all different. I doubt you will be able to customize their appearence.

yaebginn
07-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by joesdomain
In the films, You don't see too many female troopers especially in episode IV, V, and VI. Besides Leia and Mon Mothma, most the female's in the original trilogy were aliens.

Yea there is. There's that gilr in Hoth at the control panel, there's a few gilr Endor troops. There not any main ones, but there still is some.

joesdomain
07-22-2004, 11:51 AM
I don't remember the women endor troopers. I do remember the woman in the Hoth control room. I thought all the rebel endor troopers that went with Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, R2, and C-3PO were all male.

yaebginn
07-22-2004, 12:20 PM
look closely. It may just be some people who look like girls, but I saw them.

TK-8252
07-22-2004, 12:48 PM
http://decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/endor/light/images/corporalbeezer.gif

ShadowMarth03
07-23-2004, 03:20 PM
All Right! They said there would be 32 CONSOLE players now, also saying that they may also up the number on PC! More the merrier, though about 20 a team sounds about good, maybe this will mean that they will make a way for console and PC to work on same teams, or at least play on the same game.

Phanto/\/\
07-24-2004, 11:49 AM
hey thats awesome could u send me the site where you read this???

ShadowMarth03
07-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Found it! Here's the link http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/preview/31412

Here's the paragraph
"Up to 32 players can join a server on the consoles, while support for more is likely on the PC version.

THE BADGER:
07-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah everyone says "upto". Its 32 players on a LAN connection, 16 online.

joesdomain
07-26-2004, 04:38 AM
Background creatures like Wampas that attack anyone that comes near would be cool!

The Air
07-26-2004, 01:20 PM
okay heres my wishlist:

1.lots of diverse maps.
2.creatures that attack both teams.
3.decent vehicle controls, espeicially for aircraft. :x-wing:
4.shooting jar-jar.
5.parachute or somthing for pilots. if they can eject from a ship, whats the point if they splatter all over the ground?
6.fast speeder bikes.
7.interactive enviroment such as moving machinery and falling trees.
8. better than BF1942.

THE BADGER:
07-26-2004, 05:35 PM
1. agree
2. already in game
3. agree
4. I want to shoot ewoks more.LOL
5. agree
6. I sure they will be.
7. Yes very important.
8. It will be!

ShadowMarth03
07-26-2004, 05:46 PM
One of the reviews I read said that they looked forward to the new and never before feature...............SHOOTING EWOKS

ps2gamer42
07-30-2004, 10:36 PM
i just hope the developers can get 60fps on the single player mode on the ps2 version, i mean, the ps2 is capable, if you know what you are doing.

DallasDawg
07-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Yea I would like more players, 16 gives me my Socom 2 fix. But When playing BF 1942 the games werent really exciting unless their was at least 24max players. Hopefully well get that with a dedicated server.

headofdog
07-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Running with the Bounty Hunter idea:

What if a team was getting was getting kicked really hard in the jawas, and at a trigger point in ticket loss, the team has the ability to summon a bounty hunter who spawns and promptly nukes the opposite side’s best player (the one with the most kills)

This could simulate a desperate, last ditch effort by the loser to save themselves.

DallasDawg
07-31-2004, 05:02 PM
THATS STUPID....

that would throw off the balance in the game 10 times fold. I hope ure wish stays in ure head and doesnt end up in this game.
Keep ure day job.

Now wat i want is interactive enviroments i.e. houses and buildings u can hide and battle inside

Ice Demon44
07-31-2004, 05:28 PM
I want destructable environments. I don't like the summon character idea. That just takes a little more out of the fun. I also want a better vehicle destruction system i dont want to see things smoke then blow up, I want them to react to where they are hit and show damage accordingly.

reelguy227
08-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by DallasDawg
THATS STUPID....

Now wat i want is interactive enviroments i.e. houses and buildings u can hide and battle inside

that and destructible environments is what i would love also.

ShadowMarth03
08-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Destructible environments are a must, but don't expect too much from the vehicle destructability. I'm really waiting for the system requirements. been thinking about replacing my older RAM card, this might be a good excuse....

Ice Demon44
08-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Don't replace it just add another.

reelguy227
08-02-2004, 10:49 PM
another thing on my wish list ,is for the devs to bring back the bothan spy unit and the imp officer ,they looked so cool ,those uniques would put some unique into the phrase unique unit for the rebels . i just dont think the rebel smuggler is a good choice for the rebel unique .please devs read this wishlist ,and bring back our unique units please . thanks

ShadowMarth03
08-02-2004, 10:57 PM
I only have 3 RAM card slots, but luckily the other two are pretty new, the older is (don't laugh) 8 by 8.
And excellent idea about the bothan spy.

reelguy227
08-02-2004, 11:11 PM
I only have 3 RAM card slots, but luckily the other two are pretty new, the older is (don't laugh) 8 by 8.
And excellent idea about the bothan spy.

thank you ,thank you ,thank you ,shadow marth ,another person who agrees with me about the bothan spy unit issue.i really really hope the devs read this ,the rebels need that bothan spy unit for their unique rather than the smuggler .by the way ,do the devs ever read these threads anyways?and whoever agrees with me post their agreement and thoughts on the issue in my thread titled ,"the bothan spy unit". thank you

ShadowMarth03
08-03-2004, 06:18 PM
I think it is too cheap just to give desguise kits to marksman and replace with wookies of all things! Replace the smartest of all units with the head ripping idiots!

ShadowMarth03
08-03-2004, 06:26 PM
I just discovered battlefront a few weeks ago, but on a review of it,I found a little paragraphabout the bothan spy. It seemed it would have been good...
Sorry, it would not let me just edit my last post.

reelguy227
08-03-2004, 08:22 PM
ya the bothan spy would have been good ,i dont know why the devs took him out.

yaebginn
08-03-2004, 08:25 PM
the wookiee was always there. they just took the spy out. they just limited it to 5

reelguy227
08-03-2004, 08:28 PM
ya but the wookie is pointless ,since when do smugglers set time bombs in sw? come to think of it ,time bombs arent even in sw are they? i really think there isnt a point to the smuggler ,hes just like the rebel soldier ,why not just use the soldier instead.

ShadowMarth03
08-03-2004, 09:15 PM
I guess it was sort of a balancer to them, give the role of the spies to marksman, and let the wookies add a little extra power to the line up. Didn't they use time bombs to destroy the DS2 Sheild generator? Or did they use detanators?

TK-8252
08-03-2004, 09:37 PM
They used proton grenades. These things:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw/g_grenad.htm

reelguy227
08-04-2004, 12:00 AM
ok thats all cool ,but did they ever have time bombs in sw? and since when are smugglers sent in to blow stuff up ,they are suppost to smuggles stuff,lol.

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
well, proton grenades are time bombs in a sense, because they have a timed charge setting and they are bombs.

reelguy227
08-04-2004, 12:14 AM
again .....since when do smugglers go in and set bombs ,isnt that what a demolitions guy is for ,or a rebel commando,what would have been cool is if the rebel smuggler got some sort of thing to like hack into computer systems or open locked doors or something ,ya know ,something dirty ,something a smuggler would do .

Alegis
08-04-2004, 05:06 AM
my latest wish is that some kind of table in the game (main menu, server lit) where "LEC/Pandemic recommends". They said they're gonnamake everything very moddable, but usually great stuff doesn't get spread well. With a "recommend" table it does

ShadowMarth03
08-04-2004, 05:06 PM
This all sounds like stuff spies should have done. Setting bombs quitely and carefully, hacking, opening doors, and of course disguising themselves for covert operations. Besides, if they removed the imperial officer, they had to remove the spy. It was supposed to be the only one to detect it.

DallasDawg
08-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Ok that makes sense. see folks everything has balance.

ShadowMarth03
08-04-2004, 05:47 PM
What I don't get is how they will be able to detect marksmen with disguise kits now......

TK-8252
08-04-2004, 05:49 PM
What I don't get is how they will be able to detect marksmen with disguise kits now......

Uh... no unit uses disguise kits now. All Scouts have Recon Droids now.

ShadowMarth03
08-04-2004, 05:53 PM
untrue. lucasarts.com "Rebel Disguise Kit
Although Bothans are typically called upon for intelligence gathering, Rebel marksmen have been known to carry disguise kits containing tools, equipment and clothing for clandestine command post infiltration. "

reelguy227
08-04-2004, 07:31 PM
untrue. lucasarts.com "Rebel Disguise Kit
Although Bothans are typically called upon for intelligence gathering, Rebel marksmen have been known to carry disguise kits containing tools, equipment and clothing for clandestine command post infiltration. "

i thought they took the disguise out ,is shadowmatrth right ,or ,did lucasarts forget to take that out of the website everybody?

ShadowMarth03
08-04-2004, 07:36 PM
That would explain it, but the rebels would be a bit more boring withought disguises of some sort....

reelguy227
08-04-2004, 07:41 PM
ya they would be more boring shadow ,finally someone who agrees with me on the rebels being boring ,without the disguise kit ,do you think that the rebel smuggler unit is kinda dumb? there is nothing really unique or cool about him ,so hes got a timed bomb ,wow ,since when do smugglers blow stuff up in sw ? the rebel vanguard has proximity mines thats the same thing as a time bomb almost ,just not timed ,lol .i think the rebel smuggler is just like another foot soldier,just with a bomb .

TK-8252
08-04-2004, 07:47 PM
If you bothered to see the IGN movie which shows the most up-to-date Rebel, Separatist, and Imperial classes, you'll see that they have given the Rebel Marksman as well as all Scout classes the Recon Droids now.

reelguy227
08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
tk , were yu talking to me or shadow?

ShadowMarth03
08-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Does it matter?

TK-8252
08-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Doesn't really matter, but I was responding to Shadow.

reelguy227
08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
what does the recon droid do anyways ?is it like the remote in A New Hope ,or the seeker assasin droids the empire uses?

ShadowMarth03
08-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Using a droid is like calling down a tactical orbital strike.

TK-8252
08-04-2004, 09:32 PM
I think it has a built-in blaster, and it can drop beacons that call down an orbital strike.

reelguy227
08-04-2004, 09:41 PM
since when were "orbital strikes" in sw? it sounds more like modern warfare to me ,than sw warfare. ya know ,where they call the b -52 s or helicopters to carpet bomb the place .thats a much dumber idea than letting the scout have the disguise kit ,orbital strikes arent even sw,i mean c'mon, think of something more original!!!!!

RoxStar
08-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Orbital Strike meaning call in reinforcements or Rogue Squadron. The rogue Squadron tidbit would be a cool addition as well as remind me of that great game.

ShadowMarth03
08-05-2004, 04:46 PM
The new lucasarts site update confirms no disguise kit, and I think they added a grenade launcher to the wookie, or was that there before? I think they pumped up the pilot a bit too. I've picked my favorite unit.

TK-8252
08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
The Wookiee did not have the grenade launcher before... he used to have thermal detonators, which have since been replaced by the launcher.

And actually they took away the thermal detonators from the Pilot. They didn't add anything in replace of the detonators either.

ShadowMarth03
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Hey, there are only 4 separatist units now! The "recon" droid is now the "assassin" droid. They gave the droid pilot a better weapon too, a grenade launcher.... Hey, check out the vehicle section! Finally, some specific vehicle stuff. There are no land vehicles yet.

Mango Fett
08-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah there is. The Separatists have an AAT in the game so far. They might put in STAPS or MTTs also.:bdroid2:

ShadowMarth03
08-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I mean in the updated version of the lucasarts.com battlefront site. The vehicles section shows no land vehicles, just some fighters, other stuff, and of course the clone transport. (which has only 3 gunners? )