View Full Version : Activating a Trigger_hurt

~ Load ~
01-21-2004, 02:39 PM

I am making a map where in a section of it, i have 4 small areas, where people stand to address the council, i would like it so when a button is pressed, the trigger hurt activates, and then when pressed again it turns it off?, i tried with a trigger hurt linked to a func_multiple

if anybody could help please post

~ load

01-22-2004, 03:26 AM
First, you need to put a trigger_multiple where your button is. Secondly, press "N" to edit its properties. Put a delay between triggerings, since the default is 0 and it can easily turn on and off just by you pressing use a bit too long. Try adding the key "wait" with a value of "2".

Thirdly, exit the entities window (press N again) and keep the trigger_multiple selected. Select the hurt trigger and press Ctrl-K to link them. Batta bing. You may need to edit the hurt trigger to find the right amount of damage you want it to take, but this answers your problem.

01-22-2004, 04:32 AM
I've had some problems getting triggers to turn on and off in JO MP, and I developed this workaround:

Make a very thin trigger_hurt with the damage settings you need, and place it right above the floor of the room. Then, make another thin brush out of system/clip and place it directly above the trigger. Make this into a func_door, soundless, and opening downward, with its delay equal to the amount of time you want the trigger to be active. Now just target your switch at the door.