PDA

View Full Version : Cantina 6: PTH Part IV, Dark Surprises

Pages : [1] 2 3

Admiral
01-26-2004, 01:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------
Same rules as always: No godmodding, ect.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cantina 6: Postlude to Holocaust Part IV, Dark Surprises

Current charactes:

Aidan: Gargoyle (male)
Asgardreid: Aesirian Ship
Elella: Human (female), Orthos's cousin
Guy: Human (male), Shadow
Hal: Human (male), Jedi Knight
Heimdall: Aesir (male)
Idun: Aesir (female)
Irvine (Red): Human (male), pseudo-Jedi Knight
Irvine (White): Human Clone (male), Force Adept
Marin: Human Water-Breather (female)
Misae: Human (female), Jedi Knight
Orthos: Human (male), Darkiller/Alminstar Avatar
Raschel: K'Beran (female), NRI operative
Svafa: Aesir (female), Valkyrie
------------------------------------------------------------
Story so far:

The group has completed two quests in finding the time Matrix. The second quest sent them to what was supposed to be an unihabited Sith world. There they encountered a strange Sith army. During the quest Orthos found Elella (or she found him) and the group grew by one. At the conclusion the group had their first encounter with the Jotuns.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Currently:

4 months have passed, the group have been following the map from one solar system to another. They have now just completed a very large and time consuming circle. The Asgardried is in orbit of the world of Enoy.

Redwing
01-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Enoy

*The map's trail had finally stopped changing, after four months in which Misae Arjas thought she was finally going to go insane. She had kept herself sequestered away almost the entire time of the trip, communicating with almost no one. She had grown pale and guant and talked little. But she went to the bridge when the Asgardried announced their arrival at the end of their destination.

Guy was up in his ship when the Asgardried arrived at Enoy. Raschel was looking out at the bridge. She felt a sinking feeling*

Raschel: *softly, to herself* Four months, and we're right back where we started.

*Guy walks in behind her* The planet has changed since we last came here. I'm now picking up readings from it that I've never seen before. That may be the reason for the circle we've been led in.

Aidan: *entering* So you're sure the map's stopped changing now? If I spend one more day doing nothing, I'm going to explode...

*Marin walks in after him*

Admiral
01-26-2004, 02:27 AM
*Heimdall in the pilots chair has his eyes closed and his feet up on the console*

Asgardreid: Preparing to scan the planet. Should take 48 hours, everyone can go back to doing nothing or exploding if they so desire.

*A small smile appears on Heimdall's face at the ship's comments. Svafa sat in the copilots chair and hits the console*

Asgardreid: Hey no need to be violent, I was only joking.

Kuuki
01-26-2004, 03:21 AM
((admiral: I'd like to say one thing though: "Irvine (Red): Human (male), pseudo-Jedi Knight"
in which you calling RH Irvine a pseudo, or false/fake, jedi isnt accurate, its more like his test was fore coming to become a Jed.))

*During the time WH Irvine kept himself busy by employing self teaching methods of helping himself to become more atuned in the ways of the force, while in other times, trains his more physical attributes through simple training in the ships Cardgo hold.

Since the four months, he desided it might have been better if he had a hair cut, few unlike him, but he thought it would have lessened any confusion between himself and his counterpart.

Meanwhile, RH Irvine, kept himself isolated at times, most of with is meditiation, does come out every now and then and help WH Irvine with training with the force.

When ever his is not doing either or, he'd can be seen everynow and then staring at either forearm, the scars on his arm reminds him of that day. He too shanged his appearence a bit, growing a beard.*

Admiral
01-26-2004, 03:46 PM
((Scar: He was not given the rank of Jedi by the Council meaning he is not a true Knight, and that is the same list from the last thread.))

Deac
01-26-2004, 06:12 PM
*Orthos has spent his time catching up with Elella and learnt her story. He has also broken the news of Deac's death to her. He has grown a lot more collected in the past months. But, ever since approaching Enoy, he has been acting strangely*

Orthos: I sense something...elusive.

Admiral
01-28-2004, 01:44 AM
*Idun had spent the 4 months tending to those injured and when not doing that she stayed in the upper levels and only really socialized with Heimdall and Svafa.

She was currently in her quaters trying to sleep when she suddenly awoke. Idun was drenched in sweat and breathing heavily. She could not remember the dream rather the nightmare that had caused this, but she did have a forbodding feeling in her stomach.

Dressing in a comfortable clothes Idun puts on her armor and then a light robe over it. She looks out the viewport and see Enoy handing below the ship*
------------------------------

Heimdall: So what does the map say now? Do we keep start a new circle or actually land on the planet?

Kuuki
01-28-2004, 03:16 AM
*RH Irvine walking in*

Irvine "I though I've heard Aidan asking that very same question just a moment ago."

Deac
01-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Elella: *quiet* What do you sense? I only feel you..

Orthos: That's what I sense. And I shouldn't. The Force ignores me, remember....

Redwing
01-28-2004, 07:14 PM
((OOS: I'll assume that Heimdall has joined the others since he didn't seem to be asking Svafa or the Asgardried?))

Guy: Yes, the map has stopped changing. It seems to indicate that we're done moving...as I was just saying, the planet is giving off strange readings on my sensors that weren't there before. I believe we ought to land soon.

Admiral
01-28-2004, 08:31 PM
((Red: Heimdall hasn't moved, He and Svafa are still in the bridge, he still has his legs up and eyes closed. As you had stated your characters are either in the bridge or are close enough to hear his comment))

Heimdall: Well I guess that means we wait here for the time being. I was hopping the map would show us some destination on planet, but perhaps we are supposed to observe something from space, or the time isn't right just yet.

Deac
01-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Elella: Great. More waiting. Figures

Orthos: Something's down there.

Redwing
01-29-2004, 07:12 PM
((Ah - for some reason I assumed the Aesir were in a different room, oops))

Raschel: We've been doing nothing but waiting for months. Maybe a few of us can go down...I don't know, look around a bit to see what kind of situation we can expect? Whoever wants to can stay up here and keep watching just in case...

Kuuki
01-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Irvine "In my humble opinion I believe those people should be Heimdall, Elella, Guy, myself and Misae. Taking in a few considerations in of why I picked, of course."

Redwing
01-30-2004, 02:25 AM
Aidan: Who put him in charge?

Raschel: What considerations are you talking about?

Kuuki
01-30-2004, 02:38 AM
Irvine "No one put me in charge, I was just making my opinion. Besides, if there were a sort of 'party' to be made to go onto the survice to 'check things out', first obviously an Aesir would definately come, and Heimdall being the one whom seem to have taken control of most situations."

"Now for Misae, Elella and myself, just a few practitioners of the Force that would help incase of a conflict. Finally with Guy, other then his obvious personality..." *mentioning his own abilities in combat* "His ship can cloak here and land giving the opertunity of surprise to what ever is down there.

In an case we don't need everyone, and in case of ambush the rest can either make the trip down to reenforce or just bombard what ever is down there from orbit. Your choice. But in any case its only my opinion."

Redwing
01-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Aidan: You force users certainly are arrogant. You didn't even think about what Marin and I can do.

Kuuki
01-30-2004, 02:52 AM
Irvine *says with a smirk* "Don't want to let out all of our best people here, incase something goes bad. Besides I would have picked Marin if it wasn't for my opinion that Misae could use a fresh walk. Same for myself, but I'm sure everyone can agree with me that everyone could use the same."

Admiral
01-30-2004, 03:28 AM
((Red: You think the Aesir would let people on the bridge if they were not already there?, Scar please keep puttin the WH or RH so it is easy to follow which Irvine your using))

Asgardreid: I do not need a walk of fresh air, in fact I do not need a walk or air at all.

Svafa: The impatience of youth. Don't forget that the map changes when we either accomplish something or have a new destination. The map hasn't changed so that implies either we need to wait or more likely that we must do something in space before we proceed.

Heimdall: Interesting logic Irvine. Also consider that a planet...

*Runes flash across a monitor in front Heimdall who had finally opened his eyes. Turns his head to look at the system's star*

*Idun was wandering the upper deck she look out into space and saw the many pinpricks of distant stars. Many of which no longer existed but still could be seen. Turning around to the look in the direction of the system star a shadow seems to crosses it path. She quickly sends a message to Heimdall to look at the Star.

Thirty seconds later another shadow crosses the star, larger then the first. This continues to happen in with each pass the shadow grows larger and larger. Soon the shadow encompasses the hole star and as soon as it does all light from the Star disappears.

Idun turns to look behind her and instead of seeing a large amount of stars she only see utter blackness. Not a single star was visible.
-------------------------------------------

Heimdall *muttering*: Eternal Darkness.

*All lights in the Asgardreid suddenly go off*

Kuuki
01-30-2004, 04:34 AM
((Irvine = RH Irvine, I'm doing that now in the Cantina ones. I'm considering a slight name change just for this for WH Irvine, but i can't think of a good name ^_^;;;; ))
Irvine "Um, I didn't mean you Asgardreid, I knew you couldn't..."

Deac
01-30-2004, 05:29 PM
*Elella lights her lightsaber*

Orthos: What the...?

Elella: I don't like the look of this...

Redwing
01-30-2004, 07:39 PM
((OOS: By "bridge" I meant a place they could all gather together and look out on the planet...I have a bad habit of throwing these words out like that ;)

But really, how do I know how the Asgardried is set up? :)

Also: Why are the lights in the ship all off? Will our characters' equipment still work?))

*Aidan illuminates the area around him with bright blue and white arcs of lightning around his body*

Marin: Eternal darkness?

Aidan: What do you mean? What's going on...

Kuuki
01-30-2004, 08:07 PM
((I was wodering that too, but i thought that it would be more interesting that basically everything that was technical didnt work, Ie Irvine's Lightsaber not working (which i hope thats what you got out of it)))

Admiral
01-31-2004, 06:39 AM
((Red: You should know better. Your looking for observation lounge (which for the group would just be the lounge they are all familar with.) For the time being we say they are on the actual bridge and not the lounge (be more careful next time :P)

Please Note the Upper deck is still off limits to non Aesir.

Scar and Red: Correlation does not prove causation))

*Svafa hits the console again*

Svafa *In a low voice*: Turn on the lights or you will regret it.

*The lights slowly come back on*

Asgardreid: Sorry for trying to lighten the mood. It was only a joke.

Heimdall: In very poor taste. Eternal Darkness is what has or is occuring. The light of all the stars have vanished form the galaxy. Soon temperatures on the remaining worlds will drop and an endless winter will set in...

((Scar: I trust that answer's any questions you have/had about this. If it didn't technology wasn't effected by it nor will it be)).

Redwing
01-31-2004, 09:08 AM
((OOS: Admiral, eternal darkness isn't possible, is it? - unless it's going to be reversed long before the back-in-time events of Cantina 7 take place i.e. Ken'atra grows up...or am I mistaken?

And the observation lounge is duly noted. ;)))

Aidan: *aside* Eternal darkness...dammit, looks like I'm never getting away from sleeping under a sunlamp again.

Guy: What is creating this darkness?

Kuuki
01-31-2004, 03:04 PM
WH Irvine "Lack of stars in the universe that there of..."

Irvine "But of course the light that would get to this point from those stars would need to travel several thousand years in order to get here, for it to go all out for that reason is practically impossible."

Deac
01-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Orthos: It seems that we're going to have to pick up the pace....

Admiral
02-01-2004, 04:50 AM
((Red: You are just going to have to wait and see))

Svafa: Well it isn't exactly eternal, not yet anyways.

Heimdall: She is right, to explain this in detail would take to long and would be very hard for some to comprehend. To put is simply,evil has gained a large advantage over the foces of good and that has caused the light to vanish from this galaxy.

Svafa: We can only go as quickly as the map allows us and right now the map wants us to stay here, so unless it has changed there is nothing we really can do. This was expected anyways.

Deac
02-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Elella: Remind me...what does the map lead to that can help us? Didn't Ragnarok already fail miserably?

Admiral
02-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Svafa: Your new to this so I will try an explain. Ragnarok cannot fail and has not occured. What has occured and is occuring is an event called Gotterdammerung. It is a twisted version of Ragnarok. It will end in twenty years with the complete destruction of this galaxy.

Heimdall: There is an ancient artifact that will allow us to reverse Gotterdammerung, the maps guide us in the quest to get this artifact.

BattleDog
02-01-2004, 07:19 PM
*Hal has spent the last four months engaged in a single activity, he looks tired and drained but not unhealthy. He now enters the bridge.*

Hal: We have arrived?

Deac
02-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Elella: Makes sense. What is it we're looking for, exactly?

Kuuki
02-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Irvine *softly to Hal* "You look like hell, yes we're at Enoy, the map hasn't changed so we're figuring what we're going to do next. Then suddenly the stars in the galaxy went out. Now they're just giving Elella the run down on whats going on."

Redwing
02-02-2004, 03:29 AM
Aidan: *to Elella* You mean your cousin hasn't told you? If he doesn't trust you, why should we?

Misae: *muttering, mostly to herself* Darkness...it's night-time, now. The final curtain's falling...

Raschel: If the map wants us to keep sitting here, I've got a feeling we've got all the time in the world for you to explain to us what's going on, Heimdall.

Guy: *having slipped out of the room, now re-entering* However, Raschel, the map has changed. *He holds up the object in question* Looks like it's time to head for the surface.

Deac
02-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Elella: But didn't a bunch of guys already go after the time matrix?

Orthos: I don't know. All I know is that Deac is gone....

Elella: Dad...?

Admiral
02-02-2004, 08:54 PM
((Deac: How did Elella know that Deac, Odin, Rwos ect. are hunting for the Time Matrix? Since in this timeline they are dead...))

*Heimdall has the Asgardreid examine the map and plot a course for a landing about 2 hours away from the site*

Heimdall: We will be a little careful and land a little outside the area and walk the rest of the way in.

Deac
02-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Orthos: I take it we're all going, then?

Redwing
02-03-2004, 08:02 AM
((Maybe Deac meant something else? ;)))

*Raschel looks at Orthos* You want to stay behind?

Deac
02-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Orthos: I...sense something down there.

*Flashback noise*

"but if this didn't happen....he would die.

Something...waiting...and why do I sense myself?

Admiral
02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Svafa: If any wish to cower inside their quarters then they are free to do so. Otherwise we are all going.

*The Asgardreid begins it's descent. Svafa stands and goes upstairs to get ready while Heimdall stayed in the bridge.

A couple of minutes later the Asgardreid lands in a grassy plain, it is pitch black outside. Heimdall stands and ushers everyone out of the bridge which promptly shuts and locks once everyone is gone.

The ramp is lowered, and some flood lights turn on to provide the group with a little light. Heimdall descends the ramp and while doing so swings a dark blue cloak around himself.

Heimdall wore his mithril armor openly at the moment. It blended well with the darkness. Svafa came down the ramp a few moments later and tossed Heimdall a rifle which he promptly slung across his back. As usual he carried his sword and blaster at his sides.

Svafa wore a dark blue cloak and her armor openly as well and was equiped very similar to Heimdall.*

Svafa: See anything?

Heimdall: Yes in the distance I see some light from maybe a town or city. I would estimate it will take us 2 hours to get there. We leave as soon as everyone is ready.

Kuuki
02-04-2004, 10:50 PM
*The Irvines walk out, both also wearing the Mithril Armour that was forged for both of them.

WH Irvine was wearing the other's formal Robes, while Irvine wore his casual attire, plus the cloak from his Formal. So that both wore dark.

Irvine had in his hilt one of the dual Ligthsabers, in which he kept his Crimson bladed one, that he long since abandoned the use of it, on the Asgardreid.*

Irvine "Hmm.." 'I like how we're all doing this, but still that question of quantity... I kinda still like my plan on splitting up. But nw its more like even with our attire, we can still give ourselves away by shear numbers.'

Redwing
02-05-2004, 12:15 AM
*Raschel leaves the ship, dressed in the dark blue mithril armor. Taking a cue from Heimdall and Svafa she wears no clothing over it except her blaster belt and a deep red-brown coat. The Aesirian weapon Heimdall had given her four months ago is clipped to the back of the belt beside her ordinary blaster.

Marin comes after her, wearing the tight pink shirt and tight blue pants that she'd worn months ago when she arrived in this dimension. She somewhat regretted not accepting Guy's Shadow armor or the Aesirian mithril suit she'd been given, but she'd found that neither would disappear with her body when she morphed. Too much extra mass. So they were left behind.

Aidan comes closely behind Marin, still wearing only a gray loincloth, carrying no weapons.

Guy leaves the ship as well, dressed in his Shadow's suit, covered entirely in gray, with a cloak and collar of even darker gray. The unadorned high collar circles around his head as if to protect it; the armor protected everything up to the Shadow's neck.

Misae comes last, wearing her Padawan's brown and white robes. Her lightsaber is attached at her side.

Aidan looks back at Guy with a bit of suspicion in his eye. He'd grown completely accustomed to his presence after four months, but now that the group was directly back in their mission, the mistrust flared up again. Sure, "Guy" hadn't betrayed them for all five or so months he'd been with them. Probably really was just a renegade Shadow. But come to think of it, Guy hadn't even said that he had cut himself off from the other Shadows, or even that he was on their side. Simply, the Aesir had 'trusted' him, and because of that so did everyone else.*

Because...they plan to kill us all anyway before this is all over? Is that why they don't mind ferrying around a potential traitor?

*Come to think of it they were all potential traitors to the Aesir, weren't they? Aidan felt safe now, since the "quest" was only in its third stage of what he presumed would be ten, one for each key. As the numbers progressed higher, he would have to keep a more careful eye out. The others seemed to him like harmless pawns in a larger game, but the Aesir were certainly dangerous. Throughout their stay together, they had always subtley made sure they had the upper hand over all the non-Aesir. The gifts of armor some of the others were wearing bore runes that were probably enchanted. Their quarters were certainly under constant surveillance, and the ship's intelligence had no concept of privacy. The Aesir had made it quite clear, without actually saying it, that their ship clearly could be just as much of a prison as a free ride if their benefactors so wished it.*

Pawns like the rest of us, but pawns that can take the other pawns out. Careful, Aidan. Anyone can be a threat.

Admiral
02-05-2004, 01:16 AM
*Svafa looked back as some of the others come out. She seeing Aidan looking at Guy and Svafa smiles wondering what conspiracy Aidan was now generating in his mind.

She then looks out and leans up against the ship.

Idun came out a little while later, she was attired like the other Aesir. She walks and stands by Heimdall*

Heimdall: Didn't sleep so well did you?

Idun: No, the dreams are coming back.

Heimdall: If this keeps up it could become dangerou...

*a large sonic boom reverberates across the plains drawing Heimdall's, Idun's, and Svafa's attention. An object crosses the sky. It was glowing white. The object was going to impact near the Asgardreid.

Heimdall continued to watch it, and made out that it was somekind of ship. Within moments of impact breaking thrusters fired and slowed the ship. It wasnt' enough, it hit the ground hard and skided towards the Asgardreid. The damaged ship came to a stop about 20 meters from the Asgardreid.

As the dust from the impact settled a Girl appeared. She was obviously dazed and wandered towards the light emanating from the Asgardreid. As she walked Heimdall and Idun approached her, Heimdall kept a hand on his blaster and Svafa kept one on hers.*

Heimdall: Who are you?

*The girl looks at Heimdall but doesn't respond. Heimdall was surprised by the girls appearance. She had one red firey eye and one ice blue eye. After locking gazes for a second the girl collapses to the ground. Idun rushes to her side*

Idun: She is weak, near death, but she isn't like the other, she is a good one.

*Heimdall takes his hand off his blaster and picks up the girl and carriers her back into the ship. Svafa and Idun follow after him, cloaks billowing behind them*

Redwing
02-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Aidan: What in the hells?

Raschel: Who is that?!

Admiral
02-05-2004, 06:23 PM
*Heimdall carried the girl to an unused room and placed her gentle down onto the bed. He then stepped back and Idun came forth to tend to the child. Diagnostice equipment emerged from hidden compartments. Idun quickly hooked up the girl.

While this was happening the girl closed her eyes and slipped into unconsciousness.

Heimdall leaves the room and stands by the door to consult with Svafa*

Svafa: This is not good. That crash is sure to have aroused attention, and someone may wish to investigate.

Heimdall: We will need to leave soon, but I want to stay until the girl has been stabilized. I need to get word to Vidar of what has occured.

*Svafa nods and waits by the door. Heimdall moves off to a computer console*

Heimdall: Asgardreid, terminate all exterior lighting and raise interior view port shields, and start recording please.

Asgardreid: Alright give me a sec.

*All the exterior lights turn off and shields are raised over all view ports prevanting any interior light from escaping the ship*

Asgardreid: Begin when you wish.

Heimdall: Vidar, have found a special child of Fire and Ice. She hangs on the brink of death, and may not survive for long. Idun is treating her. Not sure of what to make of this, please advise. Stop recording encode priority 1 and send when appropiate.

*Outside a large explosion occurs as the fuel leaking from the crahsed ship ignites. Flames illuminate the area in a ghastly light.*

Deac
02-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Orthos: This is wierd. Very wierd.

*Elella touches her temples*

Elella: Orthos...you're...it's getting closer...

BattleDog
02-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Hal: I'm ready. *He carries his pack, pistol, rifle and sword, as well as his light saber.*

Admiral
02-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Asgardreid to Hal: Finally, now go outside with the others. And Maybe Orthos can finally meet himself and have a long family discussion.

Deac
02-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Orthos: Well, as long as I'm the only one freaked out be meeting myself....

BattleDog
02-06-2004, 11:44 PM
*Rushes out side.*

Hal: Do you ever get the feeling that we're cursed? Wait, we are!

*Hal begins to move foward. Carful incase of another explosion.*

Redwing
02-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Raschel: I'm sure it's...well, Orthos, how can you be sure you're sensing yourself when you've ...never sensed yourself before? Maybe it's just an odd coincidence. *She adds murmuringly* I hope. *aloud again* Shouldn't we do something about those flames?

Admiral
02-07-2004, 05:53 AM
*Idun leaves the girl for a second to speak with Heimdall*

Idun: It is serious, I'm going to have to stay with her, If I don't she will most likely die.

Heimdall: Alright, stay with her. I have a feeling she may be important later.

*Heimdall and Svafa exit the ship while Idun tends to the girl.*

Heimdall *to the group*: This crash is sure to have attracted some attention. We need to leave at once with full light and noise discipline. If you don't know what that means to put it simple, we will use no light and go as quietly as possible.

This is the last chance, if any wish to stay on the ship do so know. Idun is going to remain to tend the girl. Otherwise we leave now.

*Without another word Heimdall somewhat towards the lights in the distance and begins to walk with a quick pass in that direction. Intending to put as much distance between the group and the crash as soon as possible. Svafa follows closely behind him*

BattleDog
02-07-2004, 10:54 PM
*Hal resists his instict to stay with the ship, deciding that Idun would probably be offended and she could look after herself anyway. He follows Heimdall, pulling up the hood of his robe, he becomes a black, indistict shape.*

Redwing
02-08-2004, 07:02 PM
*Raschel, Aidan, Marin, Guy and Misae all follow the others away from the ship*

Deac
02-08-2004, 07:43 PM
*Orthos and Elella follow*

Admiral
02-08-2004, 07:43 PM
((If anyone want to stay with the ship after this post simple throw it in, otherwise I assume everyone is following Heimdall.

Deac: About the new/second Orthos, I'm sure this won't be a problem just the metting is changing a little.))

[Time Skip: A couple of hours]

*The group had moved quietly with no light towards what was now evidently a town. Currently they crouched in a ditch along side a road. A landspeeder had just recently passed by.*

Heimdall: Recommendations?

-----------------------------------------------------

Asgardreid

*Idun stayed with the girl, slowly bringing her back from the edge of death. She could see scars on the girl's arms and legs.

The ship itself had cloaked and moved off into a low geosync orbit.*

Kuuki
02-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Irvine "Scout from a distence see what type of clothing they wear, and maybe we can get some sort of mock up of something like of sort, and attempt to 'blend' in?"

Redwing
02-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Guy: I believe we are approaching Enoy's main mining settlement. I recommend we enter openly, but with caution. If we do, though, keep in mind this planet has not had traffic arriving since the destruction of five months ago occured. We might be their first visitors in that entire span of time.

Admiral
02-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Svafa: I would agree with Guy. There is or was little evidence that this planet posses a danger to us. The only problem could be on how we got here.

Heimdall: We could say we came from another settlement and our transport broke down.

Svafa: I think that is best. We could also dress some party members to look the part.

*She looks at the Irvines with a mischevous look in her eyes*

Kuuki
02-08-2004, 09:43 PM
*WH Irvine catches the look*

WH Irvine "Oh crap, what do you got in mind?"

Admiral
02-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Heimdall: Svafa, no.

Svafa: What, we could let Misea do it. I'm sure she would find it a good way to release some stress.

Deac
02-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Orthos: I'll blend in pretty easily. So long as I wear my gloves...

*Holds up hand with birthmark*

Admiral
02-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Svafa: Most people can't reconize their own leaders. I highly doubt unless you bring attention to it that anyone would reconize you simply by your hand....

BattleDog
02-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Hal: I fit in anywhere. *Gestures to non descript robes.*

Kuuki
02-10-2004, 12:59 AM
*Irvine kept quiet, and obsurved Hal's comment.*

Irvine "Let me try a different approch, but in any case we should get what ever infomation we can and mett back here in about 3 hours. Come my Padawan." *spoken with a smile*

*WH Irvine is shocked at what he was called as Irvine throws his hood over, and re-arrages his clothing to a more Jedi fasion, standing up and walking stright into the nearest pub in such way that he didn't disturb the 'hiding place' of the others. WH Irvine tailing shortly behind following suit with his robes.*

WH Irvine "Irvy, what are you doing? I wouldn't doubt that everyone going to be pissed at you."

Irvine *softly* "Please keep your turn down, just follow suite, besides you're going to get your first lessons in using the Mind Trick."

Admiral
02-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Heimdall: You think they would have learned by now. Anyone else want to leave them here?

Svafa: Sure, but I still think beating them would have been a good way to release some stress.

*Consulting the map*

Heimdall: Well, it looks like we are supposed to go into some mines. We could circle around the town and go in closer to the mine.

Redwing
02-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Misae: *offering her first advice of the day* We should follow the map. It will give us plenty unnecessary detours on its own. We don't need to be making more intentionally.

Guy: Howeve, there are still workers in those mines twenty-four hours a day, and we know little about their habits. Perhaps, if Irvine and his red-haired twin insist on walking into pubs without our advice, we may as well follow them and watch in case they uncover any useful information.

Marin: I don't know much about these mining settlements, but don't you think Aidan and I would look too unusual? I look a little young for a person heading to a mining planet, and Aidan looks a bit...underdressed.

Aidan: I am not underdressed. You all are overdressed.

Marin: Do you think we'll be a problem?

Admiral
02-10-2004, 05:09 PM
((Red: Just curious how does Guy know that there are miners in their 24 hours a day?))

Svafa: Misea does have a point, and personally I have no desire to play guardian to those two. Time is not something we have a lot of. For all we know in the future it may take a year before we arrive at a destination or longer. The sooner we get things done now the more leeway we may have later.

Heimdall: Marin, you can change your shape so you look older, and Aidan is simple another alien from another planet. I don't forsee any major problems. He could even be a benefit.

*Heimdall stands*

Heimdall: I've made up my mind. I'm heading for the mine, no real sense to delay. Any problems we can improvise a solution.

*Svafa nods her head in affirmation. She joins Heimdall and the two begin to walk towards the town. Their cloaks wrapped about them, the two walk on the side of the road visible to any possible traffic.*

Redwing
02-10-2004, 08:39 PM
((OOS: He's done research on Enoy. I figure this falls under the kind of information that would've been in public records.))

*As the group follows Svafa and Heimdall*

Marin: Actually, that's the problem. I've been thinking...well, I'm not sure that would be the best thing. Last time I did it, I jeopardized the mission and almost died. Not only that, but Idun could have died herself trying to rescue me. I don't think I should shapeshift again unless it's absolutely necessary.

Raschel: I don't have a good feeling about this. I don't think I'll be much use to you if you end up in the middle of a fight...I think I'll follow the twins and make sure they don't get too lost. Anyone want to join me?

Admiral
02-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Heimdall: It is your choice, but do not let fear make it for you, regardless of what you decide we will be plagued by danger, which could very well kill some of us. Also once you let fear have some control over your actions it has the pension for gaining more control making you second guess yourself and could eventually paralyze you.

Svafa: Marin, you concerns are valid, but also consider that it takes time for you to change shapes. Time we may not have. However, if you have made up your mind then if you wish we can teach you how to wield other weapons.

Heimdall to Raschel: I don't plan on waiting, so if you fall behind and can't catch up. Take this and Idun will pick you up.

*Heimdall tosses Raschel a small com unit*

BattleDog
02-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Hal: I go to the mines. We have wasted too much time already.*

Redwing
02-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Raschel: Well then I'll go alone. *She turns to walk off in the direction the Irvines had headed in, throwing a last glance at Orthos*

Marin: Thank you for the offer, but I'm very bad at handling firearms. *she pauses for a moment* I will shapeshift if it's necessary. I just feel I should be more, um, cautious about it.

Admiral
02-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Svafa: If you're not going to shapeshift, then you shold know how to use a weapon. For you a dagger would be best I think. Just think more about what your chaning into and you should be fine.

Deac
02-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Orthos: I...guess I'll go with her. Elella..?

*Elella smiles*
Elella: No problem. I'll go with the rest.

*Orthos runs after Raschel*

Admiral
02-13-2004, 03:56 AM
*Heimdall and those who followed him made their way through the town towards the mines. Their walk to the mine was uneventful it seemed that most of the inhabitants had taken to staying in doors since the light vanished.

when they reached the outer gate they found a guard*

Heimdall: Hello. Please step aside, we need acess to this mine.

BattleDog
02-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Hal: Yes, you will give us acces to the mines. *Makes the gesture.*

Redwing
02-14-2004, 01:48 AM
Guard: Yes, I will give you access to the mines. *moving aside, turning to a panel next to the durasteel mine doors* You're the inspectors? Already? Wasn't expecting you till next week. I'll need your IDs to grant you access.

Misae: *repeating Hal's mind trick* You don't need to see our identification.

Guard: I don't need to see your identification. *Looks at the panel, appearing confused* I need to put your ID cards through this to open the door, though...

Misae: You don't need our ID cards. You will open the door and stop asking questions.

Guard: I don't need your ID cards. I will open the doors and stop asking questions. Wait...what am I saying? I can't open the doors without your cards. Gate guards aren't allowed in the crystal mines! What was I thinking? *He rubs his head*

Misae: How does everyone else get in the mines, then?

Guard: Why are you asking me? You're the inspectors, right? *He looks at Misae and the others suspiciously*

Misae: *exerting even more mental pressure* You will tell us and stop questioning us, now.

Guard: I will tell you and stop questioning you, now. My apologies. Well, the bosses have their own cards. They won't hand them out to us or the workers, for "security reasons". Paranoid, maybe, but...some of these crystals are worth quite alot. So, no one goes in without being supervised by the head guys. As you know.

----------

*Raschel and Orthos arrive at the pub the Irvines went into*

((Scar, post :p))

Deac
02-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Orthos: I feel it getting closer...

Elella: I have to learn to do that!

BattleDog
02-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Flax: It only works on the weak minded. Besides it treads very close to the dark side if over used.

*To Gaurd.*

Where is the boss now?

Kuuki
02-15-2004, 02:19 AM
*The Irvines sit at a table in the pub, both with a glass of Corellian Ale. The Pub was having its happy hour, but the mood wasn't exactly like that. They were given suspicious eyes every now and then. Although it was merely purely out of curiocity why suddenly two Jedi, right out of the blue, walk into a pub and order drinks.

WH Irvine was all that much enjoying the trip, but Irvine remain patient, but still had a few doubts. However as much as he could feel the slightly unplesant mood in the pub, Irvine still kept a slight tab on the group, and maybe Raschel's and Orthos' presence, there was alot to focus though, even for the young Jedi.*

WH Irvine *softly to Irvine* "I don't like this, this is taking too long."

Irvine "For what? you'd expect someone to just open up and come here and spill what ever information to some strangers from no where?"

WH Irvine "I don't know how you can be so patient."

Irvine "When you had four months to think something over that happened during a few hours, you'd learn patience too."

WH Irvine "You haven't been too open about that experence of yours anyway."

Irvine "I haven't, besides we don't have time to me to tell you that story."

WH Irvine "What do you..."

*A blue alien walks up* ((damnit, i don't know these friken anme of those races (its the same as Rello's(jkii))))

Alien "Jedis? Whersh did yous comes from?"

*The pub goes quiet.*

WH Irvine *comments on the slur*"Would matter a bit more if you'd sobered up a bit."

*A few aliens burst into laughter.*

Irvine *waving his hand slightly* "So what can you tell me about this city?"

Alien "Sos what can I tells you abouts this city? Oh itsh a mining city, we mine.."

Irvine "That was simple, well all we can say that is that our transport had an unfortunate landing about 40 kilometers west of the city. Now from what I could tell there's no actual outgoing transports expected to leave soon. So, who knows where I can get some work?"

((not sure if this plays into anyone's hands ^_^; I ment to put in something earilyer but before i left, i didnt hit he reply button X.x))

Admiral
02-15-2004, 06:16 AM
*Svafa shakes her head*

Svafa: There are much easier ways to handle this.

*She moves her arm from her side to around the guard's neck*

Svafa: While one of my coworkers retrieves their pass cards. Allow me to ask you about the security system of this installation.

*The guard looks a little confused and suddenly slumps. As he falls A tiny syringe is revealed in Svafa's palm. She has a cold smile across her face.

Heimdall captures the guard and props him up against the wall, as Svafa returns the syringe to a pouch on her belt and quickly moves to the control panel. With the infiltration skills of the Valkyries it was not a hard task to remove the panel top and rewire it.

The Door to the mines soon opens*

Svafa: Just as I thought, poor security. Well come on lets get going. The doors are going to shut in about four minutes.

*Svafa replaces the top of the manel, and she and Heimdall enter the mine*

BattleDog
02-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Flax: Well I'm soory, I'm not a spy. That would be my mother, or my aunt.

Admiral
02-16-2004, 12:20 AM
((BD: I think you got the wrong character name there.))

Svafa: That is not very jedi like now is it.

Redwing
02-16-2004, 02:10 AM
Misae: Who says the Jedi are spies?

*Marin, Aidan, etc. follow into the mine, immediately facing the openings of over a dozen cavern halls. Carts are in front of most of the halls, full of bright crystals arranged by shape and color*

Guy: The map's line seems to go straight along the third path to the left. It seems to be forming as we go, stopping when we stop. We ought to do this quickly.

Aidan: I can hear mining workers down most of these caverns, but not in that one...

Marin: Not sure that's a good sign. *She takes a deep breath* I had better morph now.

----------

Pub

*Raschel listens behind the Irvines, trying to blend and regretting having nothing over the mithril armor she wore*

Admiral
02-16-2004, 02:27 AM
*Svafa laughs at Misea comment*

Svafa: Think young one, before you speak. I know most of you Jedi are no spies, but there was once a time when I knew a few great Jedi skilled in the arts of infiltration. But that was long before your time.

Heimdall: Let's keep moving

*The door closes and the group can only move a couple of meters before a man stops them. Svafa positions herself between the man and the morphing Marin*

Overseer: Wait, who are you?

Heimdall: We are preforming a surprise inspection, what is down that tunnel.

Overseer: It's abandoned, there is nothing but a deadend.

Heimdall: We'll see about that, We've been getting reports about thieves and I think I know where they are stealing so if you don't mind stand aside.

Overseer: Yes, sir but you will find nothing there.

*The overseer throws one last glance at the group before returning to his group of miners.*

Redwing
02-16-2004, 02:44 AM
*Marin finishes her morph. She thought-speaks to Svafa*

Marin: <Thank you.>

*She has become a winged, cat-sized dragonlike creature with jewel-colored scales. She struts around and sniffs the air, then leaps into the air and flies a little down the mining passageway*

Marin: *in public thought-speech* <Aidan is right, I believe. I don't smell any active scents down this way. I do smell magic, though not the kind that is formed in a living being. I believe some of these crystals hold magic energy in them.>

Admiral
02-16-2004, 09:21 PM
*Heimdall and Svafa follow Marin down the passage way. The walls had only a few small crystals in them, the larger ones having been mined a long time ago.

Time passed as they moved further down the mining tunnel, eventually they came to a deadend. On the wall that prevanted them from going any further there was an impression of a sword.*

BattleDog
02-16-2004, 09:38 PM
((Admiral: It doesn't really matter, since Taklin is dead. However, egg on my face.))

Admiral
02-16-2004, 09:52 PM
((True, but I wanted to make sure it was Hal talking.))

Redwing
02-17-2004, 06:28 AM
Mine

Guy: Strange. The line on the map continues past here.

Aidan: Looks like a dead end to me...

Marin: <That impression on the wall...is it just me, or does that look familiar?>

----------

Pub

*A surly white Twi'lek plunks down on the seat next to the Irvines*

Twi'lek: More off-worlders...Jedis, this time? *Eyeing Raschel and Orthos, who are eavesdropping a bit too obviously* You and your friends...odd sorts...*laughs semi-drunkenly* No offense meant mind you...Haven't had off-worlders visit here in four months...but believe it or not, you're not as strange as thast last group was here!

*The man next to the Twi'lek elbows him* Pay Rukol no mind, Master Jedis. He always talks like this when he's drunk. We don't want no trouble here...

Kuuki
02-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Irvine "I see. A mining town is it?" *waves hand ever so slightly* "What else could you tell about this town?"

Deac
02-17-2004, 06:04 PM
*Orthos butts in*

Orthos: Last group? Who were they? And have you seen anyone that looks like me?

Admiral
02-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Heimdall: It does look familar I wonder.

*Heimdall draws his sword and holds it tip down right in front of the impression. What seems to be a strong magnetic force pulls the sword free of Heimdall and right into the impression. The rock wall envelopes the sword and the blade is completly swallowed by the wall.

Once that happens the wall swings backwards revealing another passage way. This passage was not that of a rough mining tunnel. Instead the floor was highly polished, the walls were straight and smooth. crystals jutting from the wall were luminous providing light.*

Heimdall: It did say it was a key, guess this is what it unlocked. So lets go forward.

*Heimdall enters the new passage while drawing his blaster*

Redwing
02-18-2004, 02:49 AM
Pub

Twi'lek: Well, great wages, that's for sure! But terrible working conditions...and the bosses are so paranoid about employee theft, but anyone who's inside their inner circles---

*to Orthos* What was that you said there, kid? Oh...well, er...*sizes up Orthos* Nope, no one that looked like you, and by the Sith, I would've remembered. Group of...four, was it? Maybe five? Force...well, they wore strange clothes, like nothing I'd ever seen before...Their leader dressed the strangest of all. Can't even begin to describe it. But he did have pointy ears, and weird skin color for a human. Anyway, they asked alot of questions about weird things. Something about "magic". I know they were looking for a "shadow" who traveled with a group of Jedi and some aliens. Something about birthmarks and green and blue creatures...*looks at Raschel* Hey, in fact you look like one of the beings he described. Friend of yours maybe?

Raschel: *shakes her head* No, I don't think so...

----------

Mine

*The group is taken aback by the sheer beauty of the gorgeously colored, glowing crystals jutting out of the walls, untouched by mining tools, growing like some sort of rainbow garden*

Marin: <It's...amazing.>

*Her dragon morph's senses are overwhelmed. Magic streams everywhere, which translates to the creature's brain as an all-you-can-eat buffet. Marin catches herself fluttering between crystal clusters, seeking out the strongest "tasting" bunch. With supreme effort, she squelches the dragon's mind and reasserts her control, just before she takes a large bite out of the nearest gem.

Somewhat disturbed, and slightly embarrassed as well, she lands and demorphs*

Marin: Alright. Business. Where does the map say to go now?

Admiral
02-18-2004, 03:27 AM
Heimdall: Well it is a straight corridor so I'm going to have to say we go straight.

Kuuki
02-18-2004, 01:54 PM
*WH Irvine looks at Irvine wen he hears taht Sith were on the planet.*

Irvine 'This "Twi'lek" seems to be not so rather weak mnded, good thing this is appy hour or else this might not of had worked' *words it out just incase the mind trick isn't exactly working* "Could you lead us to the mines?"

Deac
02-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Elella: It really is beautiful. I....

*Notices a door to the side. If looks as if it has recently been unearthed and scratched open. A set of humanoid footprints leades out of the mine*

....Wonder where those go...

Redwing
02-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Pub

Twi'lek: Ehh? The mines? No one goes into the mines without supervision. Not even Jedis. That means you gotta be a worker. If you wanna register go to the registrar's office! Don't see why you'd wanna work in this hellhole, even if it does pay obscenely well... *gives the Irvines a long hard look* Maybe if you bribe the bosses enough, you might get a tour, if that's what you want...the mines 'emselves are on the southern outskirts, can't miss em even if you wanted to...

----------

Mines

Marin: Looks like someone's been here before...

*The group enters a large room. Crystals are everywhere, in a million shining, blinking, sparkling varieties. All shapes, colors and sizes imaginable grew from the walls, the ceiling, and the floor. Tiny paths wound through the crystals on the floor which had clearly been much larger once upon a time. The crystals nearly covered them over who knows how many ages*

Guy: The map indicates we simply need to reach the chamber on the other side of this room.

Aidan: "Simply"?

*The group picks their way separately along the tiny paths. Misae trips and cuts herself on one of the sharper crystals*

Misae: Sithspit! Stupid...Force... *She rights herself and keeps walking*

*Marin walks along the path nearest the walls of the room. Something about the crystals seemed to draw her to them. A certain bunch of deep purple crystals draws her attention the most. Looking at them, she notices they have a special depth to them, seeming almost as if the matter inside them was swirling, in motion, silky smooth despite the hardness of their exteriors...

She can't resist, and extends her hand to touch them. A warm, soothing feeling flows into her on contact. She could feel something inside her changing, but it never occurs to her to pull away. She stands transfixed, staring into the depths of the beautiful crystals, reaching out to touch them with both hands...*

Aidan: Marin? Marin?

*She doesn't answer. Aidan jumps over the sharp crystal patches and rows separating them, grumbling, and stands in front of her. She doesn't react. He pulls at her, and she appears to suddenly notice him*

Marin: Aidan? What's the matter with you?

Aidan: We're going to get left behind. The others are already all the way across the room.

Marin: Oh! Sorry, I got distracted...just look at these crystals...

Aidan: No, there's no time to look at crystals, Marin! We need to move. I wouldn't bet on the others coming back to look for us if we get lost or something.

*Marin looks at Aidan without really hearing him. She can feel some magic inside her, mixing around, seeping through her every pore, making her different...better...stronger. Aidan had never looked so small, even as she has to look two feet up at his face*

It's the crystals...they have power...they give power, they unlock power...gods' power...

*She realized that Aidan was worthless as he was now. Not like her. She felt as if she had been walking all her life wearing blinders, wearing chains in her mind. Now she was unfettered. Now she could see everything.

Yes, Aidan was worthless. But that didn't mean he didn't deserve what she now had. Hadn't she been just like him, only short minutes ago? Hadn't he he been her friend, always helped her - even if it was out of some misguided nobility?

She had to give him the power too. It was simple. All he had to do was touch the crystals and accept it like her.*

Marin: *in a condescending tone* It's okay, Aidan. Everything's going to be just fine. Could you break off one of those beautiful violet crystals for me? Off that cluster? *She points*

Aidan: *suspiciously, and taken aback by her tone and strange request* What? Why?

Marin: Please, Aidan? For me?

*Aidan looks at her even more suspiciously, but reaches up and with his gargoyle's strength, breaks the cluster of rectangular purple crystals off the wall. As he does so his eyes change. Then his expression changes, and Marin knows he understands now too*

Marin: *smiling wickedly* Told you everything was going to be fine, didn't I?

Admiral
02-18-2004, 10:40 PM
*The door that had opened for the group silently closes and seals itself.

Heimdall, was at the otherside of the room when he looked back to see Marin and Aidan lagging behind. He also looked and didn't immediatly see Elella.*

Heimdall thinking: Maybe, she went to explore that side passage, or she could be with the others and I just missed her, but regardless those two need to hurry up

*Heimdall walks over to Marin and Aidan*

Heimdall: This is no time to be picking crystals. We need to keep going so please pick up the pace.

Redwing
02-18-2004, 10:48 PM
*Marin watches Heimdall come over. She looks at the crystals in her hand.

Heimdall was arrogant, had threatened to kill her once upon a time, and was sometimes aggravating. But all that was only because of his attitude. He didn't see like she knew he was capable of seeing. But he had saved her life, and Aidan's.

And she liked him.

There was only one thing to do.*

Marin: You don't understand yet. But soon you will.

*Before Heimdall can react, she reaches up and presses a crystal to his face*

Admiral
02-18-2004, 11:12 PM
*Heimdall slightly confused sweeps away Marin hands*

Heimdall: Come now all three of us are behind.

*Heimdall shakes his head, there seemed to be a buzzing inside his brain.

The three of them make their way to the otherside of the room. Where the group is waiting.*

Svafa: Heimdall are you alright?

Heimdall: *in an angry tone* I'm fine.

*Svafa nods, and figures that she will find out later when they are alone. For now she should concentrate on the job ahead of them.

On this side of the room stood a large door, similar to the ones that had come before them, the ones that always led to the next key and map.

Heimdall removed the key, and sure enough it opened the doors revealing a large chamber with a lone pedistal containing two objects.

Heimdall enters the chamber, the buzzing in his head was getting worse. He stands be the pedestal looking at the new key and map. He pauses there, his shoulders slump for a moment but he quickly regains his posture*

Svafa *with slight concern*: Heimdall, is everything alright.

Heimdall: Yes, sister from now on.

*Svafa is slightly confused at his answer. She then begins hearing the chanting of a spell, a dangerous one if she remembers. By instinct Svafa draws her sword and approaches her brother.

Svafa touches Heimdall's shoulder. Heimdall twirls and with his palm facing Svafa begins a new spell.*

Svafa *looking into Heimdall's eyes and wishpers*: no.

*Heimdall finishes his spell and a powerful force moves from his plam lifting Svafa and throwing her across the chamber. Svafa hits a wall hard and falls the the ground. Her sword clatters down beside her.

Heimdall has a grin on his face. He raises his arms and begins a new spell. In an instant the ceiling creaks and begins to crumble. A wall of rock seperates Heimdall, Marin and Aidan from the rest of the group. Laughing aloud*

Heimdall: Come little ones we are leaving those fools behind.

*The cave in left an opening to the surface. Heimdall began climbing rock to reach it*

Redwing
02-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Room

Misae: WHAT IN THE FORCE JUST HAPPENED!

*Guy is slightly pinned under the rock slide, but his suit protects him as he slides out*

Guy: Heimdall took the key. But not the replacement map. *He holds it up* One problem. It's blank.

Misae: Sithspit! I knew this was too easy!

----------

Outside

*Marin and Aidan climb as well*

Aidan: Little ones? *He speaks in an offended tone, but one completely different in attitude from the way he had talked to Heimdall before* Let's not start that.

Marin: None of us are the little ones anymore. *She thinks a moment* What a shame. I would have liked Guy to join us too. The others are too foolish to deserve this power, I think. All those silly pompous Jedi and that unpleasant woman Svafa.

Aidan: Just as well anyway - Guy might have betrayed us to the Shadows.

Marin: Oh! You still don't know what Guy is? Oh, no matter. He can tell you himself once we find him again, if I change him.

Aidan: What should we do now, though?

Marin: Isn't that obvious? Whatever we please!

Kuuki
02-19-2004, 12:49 AM
*Irvine got a slight disappointed at the mind trick failing.*

Irvine 'No bother, I'd got the information that I wanted, and besides from what is seemed the other's presence's went south anyway. Seems like I should have stayed with them, we'll jsut catch up now.'

*Irvine raises his head from thinking about it.*

Irvine *slightly arching forward in his seat, as if to bow* "Thank you, myself, my apprentence, and my companions shall..."

*Irvine then spins around, facing south, he felt the presences of a few of the others twist and become slightly demented, then pain from a few of the others.*

Irvine *In a calm yet firm voice.* "We need to go to the mines, we need to go now. Something just happened down there, not sure what." *turning to the alien* "I'd ask if you could come too, we need someone, who's familar with the area. I'm sorry to break with your rules, but there is something going on in those mines."

Redwing
02-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Twi'lek: *laughs drunkenly* Sorry, Jedis! Love to help, but I ain't one of the bosses, so I ain't got a pass. Can't get in the mines without a pass. And even if I could, I definitely wouldn't want to cross the beings in charge here...especially with all the credits they pay. Heh heh...

Kuuki
02-21-2004, 12:12 AM
Irvine "Well sorry to say it, but I have a hunch that there's a group of people down there, and I don't think they got a pass. Be it on yourself that you don't follow, but I have to go and check it out for myself. Orthos, Raschel, if you wish to follow..."

*Irvine stands and begins out he door, WH Irvine with a slight paniced look stands up also suddenly and follows.*

Deac
02-21-2004, 12:13 PM
*Orthos exits to come face to face with...himself.
A slightly more muscular and scarred version. The life in the mines hadn't been kind to this doppleganger*

Orthos: You...what are you?

Gortick: Two...become one? No! You are not me! What are you?!

Redwing
02-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Pub

*From inside the pub, the half-drunk Twi'lek and his partner notice Orthos and Gortick*

Twi'lek: Hey! Look, Uiter! It's the Scamp who haunts the mines!

Human: It is! And...wait...that Jedis looks just like him!

Raschel: Orthos?! You have a twin?!

----------

Mines

*The dust settles*

Guy: Misae? Do you see Svafa? Or Ellela and Hal?

Misae: Don't tell me they're with them, too...Guy, what the Sith is going on?

*Guy has a scanner out already, and waits a minute observing it before answering*

Guy: There's powerful magic in here. I'm not sure but I can take a guess it's mind-altering.

Misae: I'm certainly not mind-altered!

Guy: I know. I detect strong trace magic where Heimdall, Marin and Aidan took when they entered this room. They must have picked up something. But the trail is fading too fast for me to follow it backwards. The magic traces aren't on us.

Misae: So where are the others? Have they gone mad too?

*A rumble echoes through the caverns. Chunks of crystals and debris fall from the ceiling*

Guy: They could be trapped. We should try to find them, but be careful.

Admiral
02-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Mine

*Svafa stands slowly, and picks up her sword. Her suit of armor had for the most part protected her from the fall. Svafa did recieve a cut on the forehead from what happened. Blood ran down the side of her face. Reaching up she examines the cut briefly.

As she examined the cut pain shoots through her head has her fingers gently probed the wound. Takine a few deep breathes Svafa focuses her mind and the pain quickly susbides. She was lucky the cut was not serious, and the blood should substain shortly. Do a quickly assesment of her health, she found that things could have been worse. Other then the cut Svafa was sore from the force of the impact, twisted an ankle and had a headache.

Sheathing her sword she walks towards Guy and Misea, her pace is steady with no limp, even though with ever step pain shoot through her leg. Svafa much rather die, then have to face what may lie in front of her.*

----------------------------------------------

Surface

Heimdall: Well little ones, I personally plan on killing anyone foolish enough to cross my path.

*A man walks in front of Heimdall. Heimdall causually draws his balserts and plants a blot in the man's head, killing the man instantly.*

Heimdall: See.

Redwing
02-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Mine

Guy: Svafa? *He looks at his scanner for a moment, then studies her* You look injured...

Misae: Svafa? Do you know what's happening? Was this something else you didn't feel like mentioning?

----------

Surface

Marin: Well that's not much fun. Too ordinary.

*Two other civilians see the man fall. One yells in shock, the other draws a blaster rifle*

Aidan: I disagree. What other good are these beings to us? *He raises his hand, and blue-white lines of energy leap off his fingers, incinerating the man's blaster rifle and completely removing his arm. Another burst of energy rips his neck apart, cutting off the man's dying scream. Aidan smiles as his companion runs*

Aidan: How interesting. I've never killed someone like that before. I must say I'm not disappointed.

Marin: But Aidan, if you kill all your toys, what will you have left to play with?

Admiral
02-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Mines

Svafa: No really, what was your fist clue the blood running down my face. *Turning a cold look to Misea* Please try to use some logic in that brain of yours.

-------------------------

Surface

Heimdall: Then we go to another planet have some fun, maybe pick out some good breeders so we can constantly replenish our supply. Although torture is also a fun way to spend an evening.

Redwing
02-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Mines

Misae: That wasn't an answer!

Guy: Misae, I think if she had known in advance she would've ducked.

*He keeps looking at his scanner*

----------

Surface

Marin: Torture does sound more interesting. Especially with all the creatures I can morph... *she thinks a moment, then snaps her fingers* I have it! Heimdall, Aidan, we need to go back to our ship.

Aidan: Already? Why?

Marin: I still have the reconstructed Escafil device. If you and I can shapeshift, I think Heimdall ought to be able to do so as well.

Aidan: Me, shapeshift?

Marin: Yes, remember? You used the blue cube some time ago. You don't have any morphs yet, but that can be easily remedied.

Kuuki
02-22-2004, 02:20 PM
*Even though Irvine had stopped in curosity about the two Ortho's, it didn't stop him from sensing death.*

Irvine "Now I am sure of it! I sense pain and death."

*Irvine starts off in the direction only for WH Irvine to barely follow behind.*

Deac
02-22-2004, 05:38 PM
[Can you clarify which group in the mine Elella is with? I'm a little confused]

Orthos: Syrnl?

Gortick: My father? No...but you are. Him...

*He grabs Orthos and begins punching him in the face*

WHY DID HE TAKE YOU AND LEAVE ME HERE! WHY! WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT I DON'T! WE'RE TWINS DAMMIT! DON'T YOU KNOW! AREN'T YOU THE SMART ONE! WHY THE **** WAS I LEFT HERE!

Admiral
02-22-2004, 06:22 PM
((It depends Deac. Do you want Ella to explore that door she saw. If so then she is alone, otherwise she would be with Guy, Misea, Svafa (and I assume Hal) ))

Kuuki
02-22-2004, 08:02 PM
*SMACK*

*Gortlick gets hit with a strong right hook from WH Irvine who desided to turn back around.*

WH Irvine "LOOK! I DON'T KNOW YOUR STORY HERE, BUT FRANKLY WE DON'T GOT TIME FOR IT RIGHT NOW. Now my..." *sighs* "Master sensed somethign down that way, I recomend that you come, we can sort this out later! Orthos, you okay?"

Redwing
02-22-2004, 08:15 PM
((Actually Deac, there's been multiple cave-ins, so Ellela (and Hal) got separated from the group. You can either keep her lost or have her rejoin Misae, Guy and Svafa.

She wouldn't be with the other group (the evil ones) because they left alone))

*Raschel points her normal blaster at Gortick*

Raschel: I don't care how much you look like my friend. Hit him again, and you'll regret it.

Deac
02-23-2004, 05:50 PM
*Gortick begins crying. Before them is a person who has been screwed royally since birth*

Orthos: I...had this. *He holds up the birthmark*. I didn't want it...but he did...Dad...wasn't very nice.

-----------------------------------

*Elella finds herself seperated. She turns to see the door from before. Entering she finds drawings on the wall, childlike drawings of a family, and a dagger with a crest on it.

House Darkstar.

She draws her lightsaber, and begins to hack through the rubble*

BattleDog
02-23-2004, 08:46 PM
((Sorry Guys, been away.))

Hal: So the map has gone blank? You want me to cut us out. *draws sabre.*

Redwing
02-24-2004, 12:28 AM
*Guy sees Hal come from another pile of rubble*

Guy: Hal. *He holds up his scanner for a moment, to confirm whether Hal has been magically mind-altered like the escaped trio, as Hal speaks* Yes. The new map remains blank. I believe if we're to proceed in this quest, we're going to have to deal with the remaining members of the group. They're under some kind of magic effect that's...apparently altered their minds.

*The group hears the faint hum of another lightsaber*

Misae: Is that Ellela...

Admiral
02-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Svafa: Have you thought that this is not part of the quest and the only reason why the map is blank is because we do not have the key....

---------------------------------------

Surface

Heimdall: So, you want to find someone to torture. Or we could blow up some houses.

jokemaster
02-24-2004, 02:05 AM
*A young man crashed straight into RH Irvine*
-----
Name: Matt Marsh
Bio: His parents worked in the mine all their lives, and so has Matt. His parents died when he was 10, and he's been taking care of himself ever since. He's force-sensitive, but no one has ever noticed.
------
*The young man stands up and apologizes. He notices RH Irvine's saber.*
Matt: You're a jedi?! Can you get me out of here?

Kuuki
02-24-2004, 02:30 AM
*Irvine is confused for a second or two, he thinks about the sudjestion, sensing the faint presence with in the young one, He smiles, sensing WH Irvine running up.*

Irvine "Well, we can't just let anyone in, but that can be desided on later." *to the out of breath WH Irvine* "Can you do me a favor and look after this young one here, he might be of some use later."

WH Irvine "Run into everyone here don't we?"

Admiral
02-24-2004, 03:02 AM
((I know what you mean Scar, but your wording is strange/funny.

Try something along the lines: There is a chance, but we need to talk to some people. Or I can't make any promises.

Welcome Jokemaster.))

jokemaster
02-24-2004, 12:22 PM
((Thanks Admiral))
*Matt turns to WH Irvine, confused*
Matt: You're twins? Never mind that. What are Jedi doing on a force-forsaken planet like this one?

Kuuki
02-24-2004, 02:39 PM
WH Irvine "It's a long long story, with he..." *mentions about Irvine* "...seems to not think there is time for."

Redwing
02-24-2004, 08:14 PM
((Jokemaster! Welcome ^_^))

Mines

Guy: That's also possible.

Misae: Makes no difference. You know who's got the key, don't you?

----------

Pub

Raschel: You two... You're twins? Wait...let me guess...Syrnl Darkstar did this, didn't he? Dropped you off on some deserted planet because you didn't inherit an 'Avatar'?

Admiral
02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Svafa: Yes, I know. *pulling a comlink* Idun are you there?

Idun: Yes, whats going on?

Svafa: Something happened to Heimdall, Marin, and Aidan. They've turned and are very dangerous. Do not let them in. In fact do not let anyone into the ship. Including me.

Idun: Alright. I'll speak with you later.
------------------------------------------

Asgardreid

Idun: Asgardreid.

Asgardreid: Yes?

Idun: From this point on you will take orders only from me.

Asgardreid: Please give your clearance code.

Idun: Alpha Omega Delta 257986246.

Asgardreid: Acknowledge will now only obey councilwoman Idun's orders for the time being.

Idun: Seal the ship and do not allow access to anyone other then me. Didn't that extradimensional Rwos have a teleporter of some sort?

Asgardreid: Sealing and yes.

Idun: Could be that Guy may have one to. Seal the cargo bay from anyone and bring us into high orbit. If anyone should enter the cargo bay, open it up.

Asgardreid: Yes mam.
------------------------------------------
Surface
*Heimdall shakes his head as if to get rid of something.*

Heimdall: What did you say Marin? Oh the ship, problem with that. Svafa would have surely contacted Idun by now and would have sealed up the ship.

Redwing
02-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Surface

Marin: How unfortunate. You don't think you hit her hard enough?

Aidan: It doesn't matter. *He takes out a black device* Remember this?

Marin: Of course. That's the portal we used to get here. But it was disabled when we were captured months ago.

Aidan: Doesn't matter. I did a little tinkering. Guy happens to have portal devices on his ship. Meant for emergency escape, I suppose. I can use this to override any of them and open a gateway for us.

Marin: I didn't know you were mechanically inclined.

Aidan: I've always been fascinated by such things. I seem to recall it embarrassed me to let anyone know.

Marin: Well, the morphing cube is with Guy's ship in the cargo bay with most of our other things. If Heimdall is right however they may try to kill us if we go.

Aidan: It would have been more prudent to kill the others before leaving. Ah well.

Marin: No, it's better this way. We can have a bit of fun. Open the portal, Aidan.

*Marin crouches and begins to morph, turning blue and growing translucent blue fur*

Admiral
02-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Heimdall: She would be dead if she didn't wear her armor. I also think we are going to have company soon, and I really really want to have fun with these morons.
-----------------------------------------------

Mines

Svafa: Raschel is also in more danger because she has one of our weapons.

Kuuki
02-24-2004, 11:51 PM
RH Irvine "Morons you say?" *being proficient at hiding his lack of breath from running.* "Only one of me and three of you, yep I guess that could qualify."

*Just inside an alleyway around the corner of a building, WH Irvine stood with his back agenst the wall, keeping him and Matt well out of sight.*

*RH Irvine stood there right in the middle of the street, looking stright into Heimdall's eyes, meaning to pierce right stright into him with his stare. Knowing the he can't use his saber.*

RH Irvine "All three of you are not in your right minds, please stop becuase any more you'd be harming yourselves even more when you get better. I am a Jedi I can sense it with in you all, something twisted and evil. Give up."

Redwing
02-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Surface

*Aidan and Marin ignore the twins and their new companion*

Aidan: Problem, Marin. Guy's ship is in the cargo hold. Assuming she is in orbit, if I were Idun I would decompress it as soon as we entered.

Marin: <You think so? Oh well. Then only I shall go. This morph lives on electrical discharges, not oxygen. Decompression will not damage me. Open the gateway. If you can, do it on the outside of Guy's ship. I can pass through walls but I cannot carry the cube with me.> *to Heimdall* <Not to worry, this will be quick.>

----------

Mines

Guy: And why is that?

Misae: Don't tell me, let me guess. All your 'gifts' have a self-destruct in them. Or even better - they're set up to kill the user?

Admiral
02-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Surface
*Heimdall gives a short laugh and sees a glint of the mithril armor.*

Heimdall: You little wanna be unenlightend moronic Jedi. Wearing the armor I forged, probably thinking that could protect you from me. Think again padawan.

Algiz Mannaz Irvine Gebo Kenaz.

*The mithril armor that both Irvines are wearing suddenly begins to contract, then a searing light appears within the armor. A moment later the armor disolves into dust. The dust particles still illuminating fly from under the robes of the Irvines and into the sky creating a beautiful light display over the heads of the Irvines.*

Heimdall: Noticing where the second display is going on. So that is where your would be apprentice is hiddin. Is he frightened what I may do to the sons of the man responsible for my fathers death.
----------------------------------------
Mines

Svafa: Depends upon the gift, and who we gave it to. For Raschel, it will just turn off on command of any Aesir. Now if we gave something to...oh the Irvines. Giving their habits and such we may well give them a gift that could kill them or maim them. Understand we dont' trust any of you.

Kuuki
02-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Irvine "Leave him out of this, I am the true son of Cracken Palpatine. He is Irvine Cracken Cracern, I am Irvine Seito Palpatine. And to e perfectly honest, I could careless what my father was, but I am a different man then he was, or my grandfather was. Besides, like it matters, that armour, I wouldn't have needed it to protect me anyway."

*Irvine's face becomes more serious, as a rumbling sound fills the air, the pavement between the two cracks and splits. Irvine raises his hands, and brings his arms to his side, bringing the hunks of road near him like a barrier.*

Admiral
02-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Heimdall: You both have the name palpatine. That is enough, you both will pay for the sins of your father. But before I collect the debt owed. How in your infintile mind do you plan on stopping the three of us from say killing everything on this world.

*To emphasize this point Heimdall randomly shoots an innocent in a gathering crowd*

Heimdall: Looks like you failed to save another life. Maybe I'll let you live as I systematically destroy every living thing in this town.

Kuuki
02-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Irvine "You said it yourself, everyone is going to die sooner or later, you just did him a favor by ending it quick and painless." 'What am I saying, I know there's a way to save these people. I have to take them out, but not killing them, they're not stupid either...'

*Irvine launches a hunk stirght at heimdall's chest, knownly that his armour can protect him, but good enough to force him back a bit.*

Admiral
02-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Heimdall *smiling*: Tiwaz Kenaz Dagaz

*A burst of light wreathed with fire emits form Heimdall's outstreched palm. It intercepts the rock and slows it. With in a few seconds the street becomes molten and falls to the ground in a puddle.

With his other hand Heimdall shoots his blaster killing another bystander*

That is two that you failed to protect padawan. Doing a poor job of protecting innocents.

Redwing
02-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Mines

Guy: Of course not. However if the failsafes on your gifts put the bearers in danger...I hope we will not find our companions dead because of this. We should hurry.

----------

Surface

*Aidan sets the black device on the ground. A blue light appears above it, expanding and forming into the shape of a circle. It appears like swirling mercury with a glowing luster*

Aidan: It's ready.

----------

Asgardried

*A blue semicircle matching the one on Aidan's portal opens along the side of Guy's ship. Marin, in a blue translucent wolflike body, leaps through. She dashes to the other side of the cargo bay and grabs the blue cube out of a small hiding place. She runs back through the portal, holding the cube in her mouth*

jokemaster
02-25-2004, 01:29 AM
*Matt saw Heimdall and wanted to act, but was frozen with fear*

Kuuki
02-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Irvine "I am a Jedi. And I restate my previous statement about the innocents here."

*Immedately after he states that, with a twich in his eye, cement from two building on both sides of the street break, but were a distence away so that the sound of it wasn't easily heard.

Irvine sends what he has left in frontof him directly at Hiemdall as a deversion, while sending his second volley at their behind, aiming them for each of the three's upper back a general spot where at least on the three, it was unprotected.*

jokemaster
02-25-2004, 01:35 AM
*Matt saw it. He knew that they needed to have another distraction. He rean out of his hiding spot, running to another one, hoping to make it.*

Redwing
02-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Surface

Marin: *emerging from the portal* <How nice. We have an audience.>

*She tosses the morphing cube to Aidan with a jerk of her head. In the corner of her eye, she notices the approaching missiles*

Marin: *to Heimdall and Aidan* <Duck!>

*Aidan, distracted by the running man, ducks only just in time*

Admiral
02-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Mines

Svafa: That is a risk we are prepared to take, but I agree we need to hurry. Heimdall is very dangerous in this state and I don't know the full abilities of the other two yet.

Asgardreid

Asgardreid: Anomly detected, it's gone. Scanning.

Surface

Heimdall: You are no Jedi. A true Jedi even if just a padawan would gladly give their lives to protect innocents. You are pathetic.

*With trained reflexs Heimdall drops to the ground and aims a blast of the previous spell at the crowd. When the wave hits people they begin to liquify. First their skin boils then bursts exposing internal organs which also become liquid. The process is quick but slow enough for the victims to let out screams of horror and pain. Especially since the spell was aimed at their lower torso. Giving them a little while before they died. The rest of the crowd runs off in horror*

Kuuki
02-25-2004, 02:04 AM
*Seeing what happened to the crowd begins to anger him, Irvine collects the dribris and throws it directly above the four, and hurls it with everything that he muster.

He charges at the down Heimdall drawing his saber, igniting it. When he gets near him, he dodges the barrage with force speed, and in a blur, attacks on Heimdall's blindside.*

Admiral
02-25-2004, 03:04 AM
*Heimdall rolls dodging Irvine's attack, and jumps to his feet.*

Heimdall: Anger, anger. Always going further and further from the Jedi teachings.

*Uttering another spell a whirlwind of debris is created blocking Heimdall, Marin and Aidan from Irvines view.

Heimdall to Marin and Aidan: Come, the torture of that one has just begun. The others may be closing in on us and before that I want time to set up a proper welcoming.

Heimdall to Irvine: Remember whelp, the blood of those who die in this town is on your hands because you were not strong enough to protect them.

*With the storm of debir covering them Heimdall, Marin and Aidan slip away*

Deac
02-25-2004, 05:57 PM
*Gortick hears Raschel's question*

Gortick: I...avatar? What are those? Is that what...?

Orthos: Trust me, they're more trouble than they're worth!

*Inside* I heard that

jokemaster
02-25-2004, 09:34 PM
*Marsh climbs from out behind his hiding place*
Marsh: Who the hell was that?

Redwing
02-25-2004, 09:35 PM
((OOS: Deac, where is Ellela?))

Pub

*Shouts and screams are heard in the distance, from the direction the Irvines had gone. Raschel looks uncomfortable*

Raschel: Orthos, I think we'd better go...

----------

Surface

*Marin stops in the middle of a forest some distance outside the town*

Marin: <This is far enough, I think. I can sense living creatures about. That is good.>

*She demorphs, returning to her normal form*

Admiral
02-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Heimdall: That was fun. Now what is this cube of yours?

Redwing
02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Marin: It's a reconstruction of an Escafil device. Developed long ago by an alien race, designed to give any being the ability to perfectly duplicate and inhabit the form of any creature. Actual shapeshifting can only duplicate form and sometimes mass. This way duplicates the being itself, down to its mind and its essence. Everything else aside, this cube will let you do what I do - morph.

*She looks at Aidan* He has already used the cube but he cannot morph yet. Our next step will be to get some sort of docile creature that the two of you can acquire. But first you need to use this cube.

*She hands the blue cube to Heimdall* Concentrate on the cube. Picture it in your mind. Block out everything else you can. You'll feel a tingling. When it stops, you can let go.

Admiral
02-25-2004, 11:08 PM
*Heimdall takes the cube and does as Marin insturcts. After a few seconds the tingling stops and Heimdall lets go.*

Heimdall: Ok now what?

Redwing
02-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Marin: Now we need an animal. A docile one, preferably. And small. And alive, of course. *She looks at Aidan*

Aidan: I can find one. *He sniffs the air* I'll be right back. *He turns and vanishes into the forest. After a few minutes, he returns holding a small weasel-like creature wriggling in his hand*

Aidan: What about this?

Marin: Hm. Hopefully we can find some more interesting creatures while we're here. But that should do for now. This is only a demonstration.

*She takes the weasel and closes her eyes. The weasel goes slightly limp. After a moment she hands the creature to Aidan*

Marin: One moment.

*She begins to shrink and grow fur. Her bones crack as they shift around and change. Within half a minute she is an exact copy of the weasel, sitting on the ground*

Marin: <Good, it's of a tame mind. Now for you, Aidan - close your eyes and concentrate on the image of the weasel. You'll probably feel tingling. It takes only a few seconds, and you'll sense when you're done. You're acquiring the creature's DNA, it's essence. You have to do this to be able to morph anything.>

*Aidan does what she instructs*

Marin: <Now give Heimdall the weasel. Heimdall, do the same.>

Admiral
02-25-2004, 11:30 PM
*Heimdall follows the instructions and after the tingling subsides, he puts the animal done*

Heimdall: I'm guessing we then picture the creature in our mind to change into it. What are the restrictions?

Redwing
02-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Marin: There are restrictions, yes. I may have mentioned before that if you stay in another creature's body for much longer than about two hours, you won't be able to return to your original body. You must be careful about cutting it close, too. I did that once, and demorphing was like wading through quicksand.

*She looks down at the creature. After a few seconds it picks itself up, shakes itself off, and then as if with a sudden awareness of the three predators surrounding it, darts off into the forest*

Marin: When you acquire something, it goes into a trance for a few seconds. *She pauses and looks around* I think that's all you need to know. Aidan - you morph first. Heimdall, don't do anything yet. I don't want to have to capture both of you by myself if you decide you want to be weasels.

Aidan: Well, what should I do?

Marin: As Heimdall said, picture the creature in your mind. You need to concentrate on it, to want to change into it.

Aidan: I'm not sure this is necessary. What is the point of becoming a weasel? Aren't there more interesting things we could be doing, or becoming?

Marin: That will come later. You need to understand how this works first. A small mind like this creature's can be more easily controlled.

Aidan: Fine. Give me a moment, then.

*Aidan backs up a little and shuts his eyes. He forms a mental picture of the weasel. Though it took some effort to want to become such a ridiculous creature as a weasel in his newly superior state, he manages to accept the idea. He concentrates on the image of the weasel in his head.

But nothing happens.

He opens his eyes*

Aidan: Marin, I believe you're wrong. I feel nothing. Perhaps if we found a superior creature... *He shrugs. His hand itched. He scratched it*

Marin: Look at your hands, Aidan.

*Aidan looks. His eyes widen. His hands are covered in short brown fur. He jumps backwards, startled*

Marin: Now you've stopped the morph. You have to keep concentrating.

Aidan: *uncomfortably* Fine, fine. *He closes his eyes again. After a moment the fur starts growing again. He could feel his bones beginning to shift around, and he felt queasy. He couldn't turn back now, though, he thought. He kept concentrating on the animal image. He could feel his vital organs rearranging, and his tail shrinking. His knees reverse and he falls forward. He opens as his hands hit the floor and sees that they've become paws. He looked like a strange, twisted combination of gargoyle and weasel.

Then his wings shrank to nothing, his claws turned stubby, and his arms became forelegs. His face elongated and became a snout, and his eyes shifted perspective.

He no longer felt awkward. He still felt superior, but he was a superior weasel. Probably the king of all weasels, in fact. He could smell small woodland creatures lurking about in the grass, and delighted to know they were all his prey.

He drew in his breath. Even though he had always been able to track things with his nose, he had never been prepared for this. All kinds of scents twisted through the air, inviting him to follow them. There was one particular scent...

Intruder! There was an intruder nearby! Another weasel! In his hunting territory! He had to chase it off!

Marin catches his tail as he darted off into the bushes*

Marin: Oh no you don't.

Aidan: <But...but...>

Marin: Get a grip on yourself, Aidan. The weasel's mind is there, and it's a part of yours now. But you can control it. And you will.

*Aidan wriggles and tries to tuck his head between his legs, as the original weasel had done*

Marin: Aidan, stop it. *She slaps his nose. After a moment or so he calms down* Can I put you down now?

*Aidan is silent for a few moments. He feels embarrased*

Focus, Aidan. Focus. You are superior.

*He manages to calm the weasel part of his mind*

Aidan: <Yes. I'm alright. You can put me down now.>

Marin: Alright. *She puts him down, and he begins to demorph. Marin looks at Heimdall* I think you're wearing a bit much to morph with. *She thinks a moment* Can you dissolve some of your armor like you dissolved Irvines, and perhaps reconstitute it later?

Deac
02-26-2004, 07:04 PM
[I dunno. Elella's got lost herself]

Elella: Heimdall? Svafa? Misae? Hal? Anybody?

*Orthos puts his hand on Gortick's shoulder.*

Orthos: You have a brother now. I can't make up for what Syrnl did but...

Gortick: Hold on. Did he mean this?

*Gortick holds his arms out. The earth shakes and several light objects spin around him. Orthos looks at him in shock, and realises something*

Orthos: Do you remember father?

Gortick: No?

Orthos: How about mother? Do you remember her?

Gortick: I...remember her smiling at me. I remember her living with me, here. She said dad wasn't... I don't know. She died when I was young...

Orthos: He told me that I shot her down!

Gortick: Come with me. Then I'll tell you everything I can...

*Gortick sets off. Orthos turns to the rest, and then follows*

Redwing
02-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Pub

Raschel: Deac, I wouldn't trust him...besides, what about the others?

*Sirens wail in the distance*

Kuuki
02-28-2004, 02:13 AM
*RH Irvine kneels in the street, hurting but more emotionaly, regreting the thought of what he said about the innocents.

WH Irvine walks out and puts his hand on his shoulder*

WH Irvine "You did what you had to do, it's him who's the guilty one."

RH Irvine "Yes, and it's not only going to be him that'll have to deal with his or herself after all of this."

WH Irvine "Deal with what."

RH Irvine "Our sanity. If we keep going through things like this would or wouldn't we be able to continue if things like this keep testing our morale and for mere capablity to deal when someone just snaps under so much pressure. Going agenst comrades or enemies in so much numbers and so much power that we can not combat..."

WH Irvine *stopping RH Irvine* "Look you're right about having a 'hunch' about this if anything it coudl ahve been your or me doing this, and who knows the implecations that would ahve happened. We need to find out how to stop all this."

RH Irvine "I know Cracern, I know."

Admiral
02-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Forest

Heimdall: You would be surprised at what happened to their armor, but that can be explained later. My armor, Svafa's and Idun's al have a special ablility. Notice this ring on my hand.

*Lifting his hand, Heimdall utters a spell. The armor becomes molten and moves along Heimdall's arm into the ring. A couple of minutes passed and the armor is completly absorbed by the ring. Heimdall now stands wearing only his arming jacket and pants.*

Heimdall: There, now to do this morphing.

*Heimdall concentrates and begins to morph into the weazle*
-----------------------------

mines

Svafa *hearing Elella's calls*: Sounds like Orthos's cousin isn't dea after all. Let's go find her.

-------------------------------
Asgardreid

*The girl finally regained consciouness and looked with wonder at her new surrondings. Idun opened the door after checking on the mysterious anomly.*

Idun: Good morning child. Who are you?

Deac
02-28-2004, 03:02 PM
[You mean Orthos,right?]

Orthos: I..have to know. I have to find out what has happened here. It may even help.

Admiral
02-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Forest

*Heimdall completes the morph, and immediatly becomes dissatified with the new body. Both his sight and hearing became impared and after a few minutes he returns to his normal shape*

Mines

*Svafa in looking for Elella finds that during the cave ins another passage to the surface had opened up. Climbing out of the mines Svafa comes to the surface and see the signs of a recent battle between Heimdall and Irvine.

Asgardreid

Girl: I'm Gerd. Who are you?

Idun: You may call me Idun. Do you know what you are?

*Gerd looks down and sadness permates her voice*

Gerd: I'm a freak, a monster who shouldn't be alive.

*Idun embracing Gerd*

Idun: No, no honey. Your not a monster or a freak. You are very special, a gem born among ugly rocks.

Gerd: Your not going to hurt me?

Idun: No, you won't be hurt, you are safe here.

Redwing
02-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Forest

Aidan: Now can we find more interesting creatures to become?

Marin: Of course. But hurry up about it. Pity this settlement probably doesn't have a zoo...

*She begins to morph again, much more quickly than he and Heimdall, Aidan notices*

Aidan: Why is it that we change more slowly than you?

Marin: I've been doing it longer than you. I also have a 'talent' for it, I've been told.

*Aidan frowns, but accepts that and begins sniffing the wind currents for the scents of other creatures*

Mines

*Misae's lightsaber blade dislodges some rocks. A wall of rubble tumbles, and the group sees Ellela ahead*

Deac
03-01-2004, 05:45 PM
*Gortick shows Orthos to a hill*

Gortick: I buried her here. The villagers...came one day. Wanted her to leave, but we had nowhere to go. They put me in the mine, to hide me, so I'd never know...what I was...

Orthos: Do you?
*He looks at the Tombstone, marked "Lady Darkstar"*

I always wondered what compelled her to him...who she was...but I suspect he married again. And the woman I called mother was not. Maybe...I'm force blind because somehow it all went to you.

Kuuki
03-01-2004, 06:14 PM
*The Irvines come up behind the two 'brothers', with RH Irvine with a slight limp minorly caused by falling dribis hitting him, and not bothering to deal with the slight injury.*

RH Irvine "Orthos, I was right, Heimdall, Aidan and Marin are all under a spell of some sort. It's like they know who they are who everyone is, but their 'intentions' are pure hostile to everyone around them. And I wouldn't doubt to themselves if we can get them back to normal..."

WH Irvine "Yes, Heimdall slaughtered alot of innocent people, claiming it was on Irvy's hands."

WH Irvine *Bringing head down slightly in disappointment.* "There was nothing I could have done, Sure I could have gone between the shots, or attempted to move the innocents away at the last moment. But then I'd be backing myself into a corner."

Deac
03-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Elella: Thank the force! What's happening down here?

-----------------------------------

Orthos: What are we going to do?

*Gortick puts a hand on his shoulder*

Gortick: I don't know what you're doing or why you're here...but let me help...brother.

jokemaster
03-01-2004, 09:53 PM
*Matt looked up from where he was sitting near RH Irvine.*
Matt: A spell? That'd explain it, many people have been acting crazy lately.

Redwing
03-02-2004, 07:44 AM
Tombstone

Raschel: Huh? Could you run that by me again? What's a "spell"? What's happened to Heimdall and the others?

----------

Mines

Guy: She's clean.

Misae: Something very bad, that's what.

Guy: Heimdall attacked us and left with Aidan and Marin, and the next key. The three seem to be under some supernatural influence altering their minds.

Kuuki
03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
RH Irvine "I'm not sure, they were them, yet they weren't."

Deac
03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Elella: What are we going to do?

---------------------------------

Orthos: I'm not going to abandon you here. Let's go.

jokemaster
03-02-2004, 08:43 PM
*Matt stood up, ready to follow Orthos.*

Admiral
03-02-2004, 08:57 PM
The Forest
*The trio after gaining some more entertaining forms now sit upon a hill overlooking the village. Heimdall just finished a spell, a glowing ball sat in the palm of his hands.*

Heimdall: Similar to my mortal enemies, this will create havoc and more unrest in that feeble town.

*with a light toss the ball goes flying into the air. It covers the distance between the hill and the town quickly propelled by a super natural force.

It flies over a residential part of the town while still in the air it burst. Spreading fire over the nearby buildings*

Heimdall: Now that they have more fun to deal with. Anymore ideas?
------------------------

Mines/Surface

*Svafa stands at the new entrance to the mines, looking down she can see Guy, Misea, and Elella (don't know where Hal is)*

Svafa: Hurry up, those mines may cave in any second and we need to begin the hunt.

*Svafa reaches up to touch her wound. The bleeding had stopped and dried blood covered around half of her face.*

Redwing
03-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Forest

Aidan: One thing concerns me. We can't count on our former companions staying around to let us come to them. They may give us up for lost and run off to find the Time Matrix on their own.

Marin: I wouldn't worry, Aidan. We have their key, remember?

Aidan: Still, we should think about transportation. Space transportation. I don't think we'll be able to steal the Asgardried or Guy's ship. Without either of those - in case we want to go out in space - we will be very vulnerable. Assuming we find a suitable craft here.

Marin: That's simple. We just need to turn Guy to our point of view next time we see him. Until then I'd like to have a bit of fun. *She casually begins morphing, sprouting feathers* I'm going to fly over the town to scope things out. Care to join me?

Mines

((OOS: Hal is still with the group, right?))

*Guy and Misae hurry out to join Svafa aboveground. A few guards are scattered around at the mine entrance, appearing fearful*

Misae: I don't like this...

Deac
03-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Elella: Do you think they saw the others?

Admiral
03-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Forest

Heimdall: Sure, have nothing better to do at the moment.

*Heimdall morphs as well*
-----------------------------

Surface

Svafa: What's to like?

*She walks around where the battle took place. She pauses where Heimdall had stood, examining the area*

Redwing
03-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Forest

Aidan: I don't need to morph. I can already fly.

----------

Surface

Misae: I sense fear. Everywhere. I can only assume Heimdall and the two aliens are doing this. Something like this could only be the work of a powerful artifact of the Dark Side, but I don't sense anything like that.

Guy: The magic trail they've left says otherwise. It's dissipated too much to track it from the ground. Like water in a vast desert... However, if I get my ship we may be able to track them from the air.

Misae: What has changed them?

Guy: I assume this is part of our quest set in motion specifically to accomplish this. *He thinks* Weren't those three hanging back in the crystal cavern we passed through to get to the map room?

Misae: Yes...but so was Ellela...

Guy: No, she never entered that cavern. Those crystals all contain various types of magic. Maybe the crystals are the key here.

Misae: We've all touched the crystals, Guy. We aren't going psychotic, are we?

Deac
03-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Elella: Could that be it?

-------------------------------

Orthos: Where now then, Raschel?

Admiral
03-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Surface

Svafa: Nobody will be entering the Asgardreid to get anything until this is over. Idun and the Ship will kill anyone who tries. Besides I can track Heimdall on my own. *A moment passes* They went that way.

*Svafa points in the general direction of the Forest*

Redwing
03-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Surface

Guy: Not to worry. I can call my ship out of yours if it becomes necessary.

----------

Tombstone

Raschel: You're asking me? ...Well... *She looks at her comlink* I can call Idun, and have her pick us up, I suppose. *She dials on the comlink, then stops* Wait, what if she's 'changed' like the Heimdall and the other two?

Deac
03-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Orthos: We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Any idea what they found down there?

Admiral
03-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Svafa: I wouldn't advise that. Besides I would bet good money that even if I lose their trail they will eventually come to us. We have things that they need.

Redwing
03-07-2004, 07:05 PM
((OOS: I'll assume Orthos is asking the Irvines, as Raschel would know exactly as much as Orthos does about all this, having not been out of his sight since the group landed :D))

BattleDog
03-08-2004, 10:28 PM
*Hal comes out of the tunnel and stands beside Svafa.*

Hal: Sith Lords. This is worse than what my father told me about, during the war.

jokemaster
03-08-2004, 10:33 PM
*Matt still tagged alongside the Irvines and Orthos*
Matt: You still haven't answered me, what are jedi doing here?

Kuuki
03-09-2004, 05:52 PM
WH Irvine "In a nutshell, we're here on a on going quest to help save exsistence."

Kuuki
03-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Deac
Orthos: We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Any idea what they found down there?

RH Irvine "I have no clue, i guess we'll have to see when we get there I suppose. But I think we should at least attempt to find and regroup with the others first. Maybe we could get Guy to bring Matt with his ship onto the Asgardreid. I'm sure Idun can look after him, and maybe we can treat anyone if they are injured. I wouldn't doubt that after what I attempted agenst Heimdall, that those three wouldn't of not done something to the others in order to get away from them."

Admiral
03-09-2004, 06:09 PM
((Waits for Red to make a post with Marin ect...))

Svafa: In my life I have seen worse. This in all likely hood is just a preview of what will come if we do not act right now.

Deac
03-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Orthos: That sounds like a good plan. We should get back to the ship and regroup. I hope Elella's ok

Gortick: Elella?

Orthos: Our cousin.

Gortick: Is she one of the evil ones?

Orthos: Strangely, no.

Redwing
03-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Forest

*Over the town, three figures fly*

Marin: <It looks like they've mobilized whatever defensive forces their town has looking for us. How charming.*

*AT-STs and older hovercraft vehicles, by the looks of them old Imperial surplus, meander about below amongst firefighters and panicked citizens*

----------

Tombstone

Raschel: Fine, I'll call Idun...but who's your friend?

Admiral
03-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Forest

Heimdall: <Want to find something and drop it on them?>

Kuuki
03-10-2004, 02:22 AM
RH Irvine "Oh yes, this is Matt. It might not have been the wisest decision to have been made, but I sense a presence in the force within him, with time he can be trained. And be quite useful in our endeavorer, in time of course."

"It'll be something that I'll personally will take the responciblity. But in anycase he'll have to stay on the Asgardreid, and whilist assisting Idun incase there are wounded, she can fill him in on the story."

Redwing
03-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Tombstone

Raschel: Okay...

*She picks up the comlink and calls Idun*

----------

Town

Aidan: Sure. *He forms a ball of lightning in his hand and throws it at a vehicle below. The ball hits and explodes, throwing energy everywhere. The vehicle, a robotic hovercraft, cracks into its component pieces and falls apart. The smaller components are melted, charred, or ripped off.

A group of militia wearing pieces of ill-fitting stormtrooper armor runs toward the area. They fire their blasters at Aidan, who flies higher to avoid their shots.

Marin flies down, a gigantic bird of prey, and rakes the exposed face of the nearest trooper*

Admiral
03-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Asgardreid

*Idun and Gerd had moved to the upper lounge where Gerd was busy eating when Idun's comlink beeped*

Idun: Yes?

--------------------------------------

Town

*Heimdall being a smaller bird flew down into a group of soldiers. Looking for something to have fun with. Flying around for a while he finally see one soldier with an exposed high explosive gernade. In the confusion caused by Marin and Aidan Heimdall manages to pull the pin.

Dropping the pin, Heimdall quickly flies towards saftey, ten seconds later the gernade detonates killing and wounding a handful of the militia.

Redwing
03-13-2004, 05:33 AM
Raschel: Something very bad has happened. Heimdall and the two children are under some sort of alien mind control. They're apparently psychopathically dangerous. We need you to pick us up - can you?

Deac
03-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Orthos: Let's hope so....

Gortick: Maybe it was the thing in the mine...

Orthos: What?

Gortick: They found something down one of the tunnels. Had to seal it off, drove the other ones mad.

Admiral
03-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Asgardreid

Idun: Yes I'm aware of what it happening on the surface, and no I will not pick you up. For the duration of this crisis the Asgardreid is off limits to everyone. You will need to find alternate modes of transportation.

Kuuki
03-14-2004, 03:08 AM
RH Irvine: "Ask Idun if she knows what happened to the others"

Redwing
03-15-2004, 04:41 AM
Raschel: If you're not going to help us, what are we supposed to do when they come trying to kill us? Do you even know what's happened to them?

Admiral
03-15-2004, 04:59 AM
Asgardreid
Idun: I would fight back if I were you, and before they do it might be wise to find Svafa. All I know is that they've been infected with something that has altered their minds. Whether it is permanent I do not know. I also don't know how it is transmitted, it could be an airborn agent which also could mean that you may be infected.

Redwing
03-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Raschel: I don't feel like killing everybody, so I really don't think so. If you want me to find Svafa, how do you know she isn't 'infected'?

*Blaster fire is heard in the distance, getting closer*

Admiral
03-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Idun: And I'm to take your word for that? You could easily be trying to decieve me. Svafa warned me about Heimdall and after observing some of what happened in the town I believe her. Now since then she could have also been infected. If she isn't then she is probably your best bet for survival. You take a risk either way you go.

Kuuki
03-15-2004, 02:32 PM
RH Irvine *overhearing, and calmy speaking* "Ask Idun if it would be advisery to kill those infected in order to stop them, even in last resort."

Admiral
03-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Asgardreid

*the comm unit picked up Irvine's comment*

Idun: Do what you have to. I must tend to the girl, and I'll be watching what happens on the surface.

*Idun turns off the com and returns to Gerd*
-----------------------

Town

*Svafa pauses listening to the noises of the fighting*

Svafa: I'm going to bet that they are the cause of that commotion and that they might still be there.

*Svafa begins picking a path through the rubble towards the fighting*

Redwing
03-16-2004, 05:35 AM
Town

*Guy takes out his blasters* If they're distracted fighting in the town, and we can sneak up on them, I can try to stun them.

----------

Tombstone

Raschel: *putting away the comlink* Great. So we're on our own. She won't help us.

Deac
03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Gortick: So what do we do now?

Orthos: We don't have the map...we only know they went to the mine, and something in there did something to them. I think we should check the mine.

Admiral
03-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Town

*Svafa approached the area of fighting. She stepped over the bodies of dead militia and innocent civilians looking around for signs of Heimdall or the other two.*
----------------------------

Town: Roof top

*Heimdall landed on a flat roof and demophed. Uttering a spell his armor reforms around him. He goes to the edge where he sees Svafa*

Heimdall: Come little sister let's continue what we began.

*Svafa looks up at Heimdall and simple nodds, she runs into the building and in a few moments joins Heimdall on the roof*

Svafa: I cannot allow you to continue...

jokemaster
03-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Matt: You mean your friend cut us off.

Kuuki
03-22-2004, 02:25 PM
((You all waiting for me or something?

btw: JM there is such a button that lets you NOT show your sig in every post...))

jokemaster
03-22-2004, 10:04 PM
((Why would I do that?
*tries it*

EDIT: I don't like it.))

Kuuki
03-22-2004, 10:15 PM
((imho: if your sig looks big on my 20inch monitor @ 1600x1200, then I'd think thats a bit excessive JM.

no offence))

Admiral
03-22-2004, 11:37 PM
((You can use PMs for this sort of thing))

Redwing
03-23-2004, 07:15 PM
((My post to this thread has been eaten a total of two times so far. Please let third time be the charm?))

Raschel: She said "Do what you have to." In other words, yes. We'd better get moving.

Admiral
03-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Roof top

*The two circle each other quietly for a little while*

Heimdall: I lost my sword as you know, so this is going have to be hand to hand.

Svafa: Fine with me brother.

*Closing in on each other the two begin to fight*

Kuuki
03-25-2004, 03:06 AM
RH Irvine "Let's get going, let's see if we can find the others..."

Deac
03-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Orthos: Yes, let's. I don't like the idea of evil Aesir. It sounds...dangerous...

Gortick: I take it the Aesir are strong?

Orthos: Very. And just as arrogant.

Redwing
03-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Tombstone

Raschel: So...uh, Gortick...can you take us to the mines?

Town

*Misae spots a figure wheeling in the sky, blaster bolts coming at him from the ground*

Misae: I see Aidan.

*Guy raises his blaster to his arm. He extends the barrel and raises a scope*

Guy: We'll see if I can stun him.

Misae: Look out!

*A large bird rams Guy's shoulder, knocking him off balance and sending his shot wide. Marin's disembodied voice echoes in the group's heads*

Marin: <I don't think so.>

jokemaster
03-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Matt: what the hell's an Aesir?

Kuuki
03-27-2004, 04:52 AM
WH Irvine "The woman over the comm is an Aesir. From what I take it they're a race of beings that practically live for eons, and they're basically arogant in their own nature."

Deac
03-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Gortick: This way!

*Gortick runs over the hill at the cemetry and down toward a ravine*

Follow this ravine and we'll get there!

Kuuki
03-27-2004, 02:23 PM
*The Irvines follow.*

jokemaster
03-27-2004, 03:29 PM
*Matt shrugs and follows*

Redwing
03-27-2004, 06:54 PM
*Raschel follows into the ravine*

If the twins are this easy with giving out information to total strangers...

*A hill looms up ahead, the ravine leading towards it*

Admiral
03-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Rooftop

*Heimdall and Svafa hand to hand, both equally match weave in and out of each other's range. It was a game of fients and waiting for an opportunity to get in a crucial blow. At the moment the two had back off again.

After a moment Heimdall came after Svafa again, this time he manages to trick Svafa into thinking he was going to attack high and he swept out her legs causing Svafa to fall on her back, in an instant he was a top of her, with his arm crushing her throat.*

Heimdall: You fought well, and as a reward you get to live until Cracken son's are dead.

Svafa *have a little trouble speaking*: Best to kill me now, you won't get another chance.

*Heimdall just smiled, then savagely hit her over the head, causing her to black out for a couple of minutes. When she woke up Heimdall was gone*

Kuuki
03-28-2004, 10:18 PM
((red, I'd jsut like to note how somewhat generic WH Irvine's desciption was, in which didnt specify that they were responcible for most of the galaxy beign wiped out in an instant))

Redwing
03-29-2004, 07:44 AM
((OOS: Scar, firstly that was my character thinking, not me. Secondly, since the "twins" have the exact same name, Raschel has trouble thinking of them as separate entities. Thirdly, she isn't going to think of WH Irvine as "WH Irvine". That's just a story moniker, not a name ;)))

Mines

*The group reaches the mines. An evacuation is going on through the main entrance. Down the road into town, the ruckus of battle sounds*

Raschel: Why do I get the feeling they've already been here and gone...

Town

*The town militia take notice of Misae, Guy, and Hal*

Man: More outsiders! Get them!

Man 2: Wait...aren't those two Jedi?

Kuuki
03-29-2004, 02:11 PM
((*shakes head* what ever ^_^))

*RH Irvine kept silent about his fight.*

Heimdall, you arrogant,.. *silent sigh* How is it that you put life so below yours...

Deac
03-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Gortick: In here...down in the deeps...it's there...we keep it locked away...

[Incidently, do we have a cause for this problem?]

Redwing
03-30-2004, 07:24 AM
((OOS: Scar, if you're complaining about me having my characters misunderstand yours, why are you having your characters "misunderstand" Admiral's? Especially when WH Irvine DOES know that Heimdall is mind-altered? ;)

Deac: Er...o_O I think I made it pretty obvious that certain magic crystals are causing this, right? :D))

Town

*Misae uses the Force to try to bend the minds of the militia members* That's right. We're Jedi. You don't want to attack us. You want to help us.

*The militia members hesitate. Then explosions light up the sky in the distance*

Militia 1: That was from the housing sector!

*Before the other man can answer, the two are struck and ripped apart by blue lines of energy. Aidan swoops above them*

Aidan: You shouldn't have come after us, idiots. Now it's time---

*He cuts off, hearing Marin's thought speech in his head. Heimdall hears the communication as well, but none of the others can*

Marin: <Look! I see something in the distance. Someone else is trashing our playground...>

*Another explosion goes off, closer*

Mines Outskirts

Raschel: We need to get out of here.

*An officer in ill-fitting stormtrooper armor - lacking a helmet - runs up to the small group* Hey, you there! Show your settlement ID! Orders are anyone without ID is to be taken into custody!

Kuuki
03-30-2004, 02:01 PM
((well when they didn't exactly know waht the cause is))

Deac
03-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Orthos: Aww heck.

Gortick: New guys. They're with me. *Holds up ID*

Redwing
03-30-2004, 07:02 PM
((OOS: What do you mean, the cause? He doesn't need to know the cause. He knows the effects, as per your previous posts. He seems to be sighing dissapointedly at a character flaw of Heimdall's, instead of wondering what could have caused him to toss out his notions of nobility and start slaughtering people. Now, someone like Misae would be willing to assume the worst. But WH Irvine already hasn't assumed that. :p

Not to pick on you, but hey, you picked on me. Vengeance! :D *ducks bullets*))

Officer: You're off the hook, then, but your companions will have to come with me. Sorry, but I can't make exceptions. A group of outsiders is attacking the main settlement...the tavern and housing districts...several families have been killed horribly. The townsfolk are rioting. Your friends will be safer in custody anyway.

jokemaster
03-30-2004, 10:59 PM
*Matt held up his ID also*

Kuuki
03-31-2004, 12:04 AM
((Well the ways that admirals protraying their characters, they don't present themselves much like royality, but rather jsut arrogant SOBs :D

*dodges bullets from admiral* :D))

RH Irvine "Look, a few of those might be companions of ours, we don't knwo waht happened to them, but they did attack us."

Redwing
04-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Officer: Look, it's not my place to make these decisions. You can talk to the over-sherrif yourself. Come with me, please.

Deac
04-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Gortick: I'm sure we can straighten things out

*Gortick takes a small credit chit out of his pocket*

Perhaps we all just left our passes at home?

Redwing
04-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Officer: *furtively taking the credit chit* Perhaps you did...I'll let it pass this time, but I suggest you go home and, er, find them before you run into any of my fellow sherrifs...

BattleDog
04-04-2004, 08:15 PM
*Hal runs up to Orthos and crew.*

Hal: Okay, does anyone have a plan to stop them without killing them? Svafa is fighting Heimdall, hand to hand I might add. At the same time we have two psycho alians playing "sky to dirt"!

Kuuki
04-04-2004, 08:32 PM
RH Irvine "Hmm,... Perhaps maybe if you 'escort' us along our way, that might not be much of a problem..."

Deac
04-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Gortick: I think we got to find the stuff that started this.

*Gortick leads them below to a barred door, which he begins to open*

We kept them..in here....

Redwing
04-05-2004, 09:07 PM
((OOS: Deac - hold up! :D

The mines are being completely blocked off, patrolled and guarded.

The place where the crystals are has only two entrances: Gortick's tunnel (that he dug) and the wall that opened up when Heimdall put the reforged sword in it.

There is no barred door, and the miners didn't seal it up. It was already sealed up. :D))

*Misae and Guy come up behind Hal*

Misae: The two children flew off elsewhere in the city.

Guy: Someone else is attacking this town. Besides Aidan, Marin and Heimdall, I mean...

Admiral
04-06-2004, 03:30 AM
((Scar:

Rooftop

*Svafa gets up and does a quick self examination. She had a few more cuts, and her left ankle was tender and the gash on her forehead was bleeding again. Collecting her weapons, Svafa walks to the edge of the roof, scanning the area she spots the group. Looking at the street below she makes a quick judgement and jumps.

She lands in a crouch with pain shooting through her left leg. She walks to were the group was, each step gave her a jolt of pain but she refused to favor that leg. A stream of blood ran down her face, and onto her armor.

Reaching the group Svafa barely catches what Guy said. Looking over the group her eyes come to rest on Gortick and Matt*

Svafa: Who are they? *nodding to Matt and Gortick as she sheaths her sword*

Kuuki
04-06-2004, 04:20 AM
((I'm around, been... Jsut couldn't think of anythign to reply with))

RH Irvine *points to Gorlick, then begins to walk up to Svafa* "This seems to be Orthos twin brother, has been living here since they go separated. As for the young one,..." *Once reached Svafa, speaking slightly softly* "He's expectionaly force sensitive, to train it wouldn't require too much time to train. I'll take full responcibility. It's the least I can do for 'em. Too meny people are dieing."

*RH Irvine continues a few steps.*

"You better get that looked at, looks a little swolen."

Admiral
04-06-2004, 05:24 PM
((Sorry, that should of been deleted.))

Svafa: Let me guess, you want those two to accompany us when we leave this world right? And do you honestly think that you can properly train one so old in the Jedi arts in such a quick time?

Kuuki
04-06-2004, 05:27 PM
RH Irvine "Gorlick is Orthos' problem, consult him about that one. As for the young one, consult Luke Skywalker if that could be done."

Admiral
04-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Svafa: He was trained by Masters, not by a Jedi who still has a lot to learn. I will say this much you will have to prove that he has some value other then you trying out your mentoring skills if you expect us to cart him around.

Kuuki
04-06-2004, 07:15 PM
RH Irvine *smirking* "Fair enough, but I'm still going to take the responcibility."

"Have you been in contact with Idun lately? I'd understand her reasons for her unwillingness to land on the surface. I was wondering if it would be possible if she could scan from orbit to figure out who else is attacking the city, besides Heimdall and our two shape shifters."

BattleDog
04-06-2004, 09:17 PM
*Hal walks up to Ivrine and Svafa.*

Hal: Ivrine, you will NOT train him. He is too old and I sense that he is already too coloured by a harsh life. Consider this, Obi-Wan did what you now intend to do, the results were catastrophic.

What will you do if he falls to the dark side? I expect I will have to kill him, then Svafa here will probably kill you.

Kuuki
04-06-2004, 09:36 PM
RH Irvine *Speaking softly not to let matt hear* "You say it like that hasn't crossed my mind when I stated, I will take full responsibility... Even if I seak counciling once in a while for training, I'll still take it. And if I do fail, I'll preform the deed myself and put down my saber for good. I'd rather attempt such, giving him a chance to live and help recitify this situation we have in the universe, then for him to die a needless and fearful death."

jokemaster
04-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Matt: Hey! I'm a quick learner.

Admiral
04-07-2004, 12:03 AM
*Svafa looks Matt up and down*

Svafa to Matt: A quick learner you say? Perhaps, but that doesn't really matter. You and your would be master will have to prove your worth to us before we even think about taking you off this planet. That goes for that one as well *pointing to Gortick*. To avoid any confusion, the us I refer to only includes the Aesir, and our decision will be final.

*speaking to the rest of the group*: As you may now know, Idun will provide no assistance to us. Our primary objective at the moment is to capture Heimdall, Marin and Aidan. If capturing is not possible we kill them. The second objective, assuming capture is to find a way to cure them if no cure can be found in a reasonable amount of time we kill them. Third, and final extraction.

Regardless if we have cured or killed them, extraction will happen like this. I will contact Idun and request that she examine us, at some point come to the surface in a fighter. Now this is important, she decides whether or not we are who we say we are, and are not infect like Heimdall and the children are. If we pass then we decide on those two, assuming they survive. If we fail, the planet is destroyed, the Asgardreid returns home and a new group will try and salvage the quest.

Kuuki
04-07-2004, 02:19 AM
RH Irvine "Cured of!? Hmm just as I thought." *eyes narrow* "Svafa, what happened in the mines."

Admiral
04-07-2004, 02:30 AM
Svafa: Well if you didn't run off then perhaps you would know, but even I don't know exactly what happened. What I do know is that part of my original brother remains in that body and is fighting what ever has taken control. From what I sensed it is can be compared to a disease and there could be a chance to cure them, otherwise they die.

Redwing
04-07-2004, 08:10 AM
Misae: Go ahead, let him train the boy. It isn't as if Irvine is a true Jedi anyway. What harm could he accomplish?

Guy: It is possible the children and Heimdall touched, triggered, or ingested something that infected them, possibly even put there by the makers of this quest. They did lag behind at one point. Whatever it is, it is magical, and altering their minds. This means there is a chance to cure them, even if it means wiping every neuron of their minds to eliminate the magic. In any case, it would be best to avoid killing them. We don't know what effect that would have on our quest on whatever mechanisms, magic or otherwise, that are running this quest. Also, we hold the only map, and the deserted trio holds the only key. If we are all destroyed, and especially if you have this planet destroyed, there won't be any way for another group to complete the quest.

----------

Town

*Marin and Aidan fly over the housing districts, which are variously burning, smoldering, and melted. Dense clouds of smoke cloud their vision*

Marin: <Someone's been trashing our playground.>

Aidan: *Hissing* I hear something.

*Buzzing metallic silver objects zip out of the nearest cloud of smoke. The objects are spherical in shape, with sets of insectlike pincers protruding from their fronts and sides*

Aidan: *Drawing a sharp intake of breath* Drones!

*He swoops out of the path of the objects. They turn and fire a stream of bright red beams at him. He dodges, and sends a stream of lightning in retaliation. The objects caught in the stream shatter and nosedive*

Marin: <What are those things?>

Aidan: Scree drones. Bombing droids, controlled by remote. Someone else is here, someone from our dimension...