PDA

View Full Version : Idea for lightsabers

CaspER sX
01-28-2004, 02:32 AM
I was thinking about making the lightsabers more bold, the light that comes out of the hilt isnt as thin. Kind of like more glow, so it looks maybe more powerful. (I personally think they look better this way) Not that it matters but i was just asking for an opinion.

I tested it with the mantle of the force crystal (The turqouse one)

You can download it here:
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/LightSaber01.zip

just put it in the override folder.

Let me know if you think it looks better than the lesser glow.

Kitty Kitty
01-28-2004, 02:53 AM
Any chance you could grab a nice screen shot and link it? I have no save game right now (that's remotely convienient) where I can test it in game.. basically, I'm busy as hell, I'm lazy to begin with, and a screenie would be a lot easier LOL

If not, ignore my whining and cary on ;)

-Kitty

Shimaon
01-28-2004, 03:06 AM
I second the request for the screenshot.

CaspER sX
01-28-2004, 03:22 AM
Oh yeah. Should have done that in the first place =P.

Front and Sideview shots:
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/lghtsbr01.bmp

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/lghtsbr02.bmp

And here is a shot of the normal unmodified one (if u want to compare):
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/normallghtsbr.bmp

Darth Stryke
01-28-2004, 02:37 PM
As a rule of thumb, post image files in jpeg format instead of bmp format-they have much smaller filesizes and make much faster loading times for people with 56k modems.

Well, after looking at the screenshots, I like what I see. I think the white core is a tiny bit too thick (it's thicker than the saber hilt in the screens) I am working on my own saber mod and I know how annoying it can be to get the "look" of the blades right, so keep at it.

CaspER sX
01-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah, thanks for the thought. I'm pretty new to working on these type of graphic files, i do need to get rid of some of the white in the middle. Next time i'll post jpegs XD

CaspER sX
01-29-2004, 12:44 AM
After toying around a little more i got the light more aligned with the hilt and still looking larger than usual, but for some reason i cant get rid of all that white in the middle, i got it a bit less white but not much.

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/lghtsbr03.jpeg

I toyed around with the red color and kinda came up with a red one similar to darthface's dark purple lightsaber, definately doesnt look as good, but it's pretty cool though its hard to see it with the poor quality of these jpegs. I also toyed around with the purple lightsaber, i added a lot more darker purple to it, and a bit of blue to the sides. When you spin it around (pressing x) it has like a mixed purple and blue light, i actually think its pretty cool =P.

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/red.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/lghtsbr04.jpeg

Sorry to bother with my n00bish work XD

T7nowhere
01-29-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by BoL_Stryke
I am working on my own saber mod and I know how annoying it can be to get the "look" of the blades right, so keep at it.

Are you adding new sabers to the game or just changing the colors of the current ones.If you are making a new Lsbr what luck have you had in making it work in game.

I spent a couple of hours last night trying to figure out how to get mine to work this is what i did:
1.I copyed g_w_lghtsbr01.uti and changed it to g_w_lghtsbr07
2.I copyed an exsisting lsbr crystal and gave it a unique name
3.added the sbrcrstl and lghtsbr names into upcrystals.2da

ok now here is where i run into trouble.I don't where I have to refferance a new saber texture or a new crystal model.

Currently all i have done is to be able to use giveitem cheat to get my saber,but if i try to upgrade it will disappear.

I know im missing something.

T7nowhere
01-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by CaspER sX
I also toyed around with the purple lightsaber, i added a lot more darker purple to it, and a bit of blue to the sides. When you spin it around (pressing x) it has like a mixed purple and blue light, i actually think its pretty cool =P.

[

hey, LOL I made a similar color saber with the blue glow,but i opted to put a slight white core.I didn't like it being so transparent.It's to bad black is used as a transparentsy

Darth Stryke
01-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Um, pardon my ignorance, but how do I take screenshots after I enable them in the ini file? I read this somewhere and forgot how, lol. I was gonna post a screen or 2 of my saber mod.

gameunlimited
01-29-2004, 07:21 PM
press "Prt Scr" button on your keyboard. It will put the screenshot to your copy/paste memore, then just go to paint and paste it.

Darth Stryke
01-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Here are a few of the sabers I have been working on. The first one was inspired by the color of Nomi Sunrider's lightsaber (I *think* from the tales of the jedi comics) The second one is the "Episode 2" look for the blue saber. The third is simply a recolor of the Heart of the GUardian saber to make it look more orange-colored and make the core a bit thicker. The last screenshot is what I like to call a midnight blue saber, essentially a mix between purple and blue sabers (dark purple). Sorry for the load times, they are rather large images.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen01.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen02.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen03.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen04.jpg

gameunlimited
01-29-2004, 08:37 PM
nice work, i would love to try them out. happen to have the mod posted somewhere? :)

Darth Stryke
01-29-2004, 08:44 PM
I have not finished yet, right now I have them replacing the default sabers until I can figure out how to make new colors. I will eventually release them as a mod once I can get them in as new crystals. When I am closer to finishing them, I'll post an update. Right now I just posted those to show since I felt I should show some screens after mentioning it. Besides, this thread is about Casper's mod, not mine :D

Hey Casper, if you cannot get the white the width you want, my advice would be to just restart with the game's original texture and make a few different versions until you get it it the way you want.

Hyarmendacil
01-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Here are a few of the sabers I have been working on. The first one was inspired by the color of Nomi Sunrider's lightsaber (I *think* from the tales of the jedi comics) The second one is the "Episode 2" look for the blue saber. The third is simply a recolor of the Heart of the GUardian saber to make it look more orange-colored and make the core a bit thicker. The last screenshot is what I like to call a midnight blue saber, essentially a mix between purple and blue sabers (dark purple). Sorry for the load times, they are rather large images.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen01.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen02.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen03.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/stryke/screen04.jpg

Nice job so far. What refrence pic are you using for nomi's saber? You knoww, im starting to think theres a reason the developers put that white line in the core of the textures. Have you noticed how parts of the blade become misshapen at certain angles? Like in screen02.jpg twards the hilt. Yeah, dont know what thats about.

CaspER sX
01-29-2004, 11:46 PM
I finally was able to get most of the white out of the middle, i also edited the blue saber earlier and made a multi-color saber that actually doesnt look too stupid. I added a lot of red and a lighter blue to the side and some green at the top. The lighter blue swirls around it, and there is a small red swirl close to the top, and the top tip of it is green. Looks pretty cool =P. Also if anyone can tell me how i can make my own lightsaber crystal that'd be great.

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/frozenblood/rgb.JPG

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by CaspER sX
Also if anyone can tell me how i can make my own lightsaber crystal that'd be great.

OK, I guess im not the only one that can't get new lightsabers or saber crystals to work right. If any one has a clue please post. Those new colors look good, but reskinning the colors is the easy part. :mad:

Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 12:35 AM
First off, I love the multi-colored saber-very nice. I probably would not use it with that many colors, but its great as a concept idea and looks nice. I was thinking about a similar saber, but with just orange and red swirls as a "fire" saber. As for the white core being off angle in my screens, i think that happens with the normal sabers as well-but since its such a small line, you can barely see it. Plus, it really is not noticible during gameplay. I'd rather have it like that than the old way where the core looked so thin.

EDIT: Also, for the nomi saber, I am basing it off of some fan art I have seen as well as a few comic pictures. I also looked at a Jedi Outcast mod that had it that way as well. On a lot of pictures, I know she is seen with a regular green saber, but I liked the green and yellow better.

CaspER sX
01-30-2004, 12:56 AM
I was thinking about a similar saber, but with just orange and red swirls as a "fire" saber.

Good idea! If you dont mind I think i'll try one like that =P

Supreme-Lord
01-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Bol_Stryke i luv your sabers, hope u finish soon.

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Ok I don't know if anyone knows this but you can create a new lightsaber and have it's model point to texture you choose. the way i did it was to HEX edit a lightsaber model to point to my texture instead of the games default one. The only problem is that when i do this the texture looks like crap. as seen in the pic.the texture that i used is the one for the blue saber.

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2593160&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

also the icon for the saber is all white.and i think my texture is really just masking the models default texture and not replacing it.

Im not sure if this knowledge is usefull though.I have not really used a hex editor before.so if anyone knows what i did wrong..
please correct me.

juleswindu
01-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Ok I don't know if anyone knows this but you can create a new lightsaber and have it's model point to texture you choose. the way i did it was to HEX edit a lightsaber model to point to my texture instead of the games default one. The only problem is that when i do this the texture looks like crap. as seen in the pic.the texture that i used is the one for the blue saber.

The same happend to me. I guess that you have hex edited the "w_lsabreblue01" references in the 'w_lghtsbr_001.mdl' file, right? It seems to me that there is something else named 'w_lsabreblue01' besides the texture, maybe some script or something like that

also the icon for the saber is all white.and i think my texture is really just masking the models default texture and not replacing it.

The texture for the icons are in the 'swpc_tex_gui.erf'. The ones for the lightsabers are 'iw_lghtsbr_XXX'. You probably have to add one of this to the 'override' directory. The name of the icon file depends of the value on the 'defaulticon' column in your 'baseitems.2da' file for the 'baseitem' used for your new lightsaber. You have to use the value of the 'defaulticon' column, and change the number for the one you have used in the '.uti' file of your saber for the 'ModelVariation' field.

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by juleswindu
The same happend to me. I guess that you have hex edited the "w_lsabreblue01" references in the 'w_lghtsbr_001.mdl' file, right? It seems to me that there is something else named 'w_lsabreblue01' besides the texture, maybe some script or something like that

The texture for the icons are in the 'swpc_tex_gui.erf'. The ones for the lightsabers are 'iw_lghtsbr_XXX'. You probably have to add one of this to the 'override' directory. The name of the icon file depends of the value on the 'defaulticon' column in your 'baseitems.2da' file for the 'baseitem' used for your new lightsaber. You have to use the value of the 'defaulticon' column, and change the number for the one you have used in the '.uti' file of your saber for the 'ModelVariation' field.

Ya thats wht i did. although the icon turning white was becuase of the model that I edited(also I changed the model name :rolleyes: ).when I deleted the model I changed it went back to normal.
I still think that the model is what points to the texture.
another problem that I have is if I try to upgrade my saber it disappears.
I guess we can't make new Lsabers with unique textures until we can get into the models:rolleyes:

Samuel Dravis
01-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Are you sure that the lightsaber texture's background is really black? If it was off just a little, it would do that type of thing in the screenshot of T7's.

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Are you sure that the lightsaber texture's background is really black? If it was off just a little, it would do that type of thing in the screenshot of T7's.

the texture was that of the blue saber the only thing I changed was the name.It's not the texture I just tested it again it is the hex edit I did. :atat:

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 05:14 PM
ok i figured out what i did wrong. the hex edit does work it's just the the game is expecting the texture to be a .tcp file not tga.so how the hell do you convert a tga2tcp :D also the icon is still messed up but im sure that can be fixed.

oh ya and i still can't make my new saber upgradable if anyone knows how to do that I would be grateful.

juleswindu
01-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Ya thats wht i did. although the icon turning white was becuase of the model that I edited(also I changed the model name :rolleyes: ).when I deleted the model I changed it went back to normal.
I still think that the model is what points to the texture.

You're right, the model points to the different texture.

When I've edited 'w_dblsbr_007.mdl' for my custom doble-bladed lightsaber, I've found that:
- 'w_Dblsbr_007' points to the texture of the hilt
- 'Dblsbr_007' (without the 'w_') points to the texture of the icon
- 'w_lsabreturq01' points to the texture of the blade

When I edit the texture of the blade, leaving the name ('w_lsabreturq1.tga') the blade represent the changes with no problems.

But when I change the name of the texture ('w_lsabrefire1.tga') and ediit the MDL file to point to that texture, then the blade show the changes but without removing the black background.

So, I deduce that there is something, somewhere, that says "remove the black background of the next textures: w_lsabreblue01, w_lsabregold01, w_lsabregren01, w_lsaberpurp01, w_lsabrered01, w_lsabreturq01, w_lsabreyelo01". And as there is no mention of my new texture, then its black background remains.

Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Hey Jules, thanks to your help, I think I think I have a solution to your problem. Since the black background isn't disappearing on the blade, simple make it a clear background. This is easy to do with either photoshop or fireworks (the 2 programs I use) and it *should* solve this problem. If it does, I want to thank you because you have solved my problem with custom blades and I can get ready to release my mod now :D

juleswindu
01-30-2004, 05:52 PM
ok i figured out what i did wrong. the hex edit does work it's just the the game is expecting the texture to be a .tcp file not tga.so how the hell do you convert a tga2tcp :D

Yes!! I didn't remember thet sometimes the .tcp carries extra information. You don't need to convert the tga to tcp, just put a text-file with the same name as the blade-texture and the extension 'txi', and type the 'extra info' of the tcp.

For the blade texture the info is:
blending additive
decal 1

It works.

Well, another problem solved ;)

Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey Jules, what are you using to edit the mdl files to point to your custom saber textures? Also, what did you use to edit the tga file once you change it to tpc?

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 06:12 PM
:D :D thats great and it works . now I can get down to making LSbr skins.

I don't mean to sound repeditive,but now how do I make my lightsaber upgradable.

juleswindu
01-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey Jules, what are you using to edit the mdl files to point to your custom saber textures? Also, what did you use to edit the tga file once you change it to tpc?

For edit the mdl's I use an hex-editor, Hexplorer (http://artemis.wszib.edu.pl/~mdudek/) (freeware).
And with the ImageViewer in last Fred Tetra's Kotor Tools you can see the 'extra info' of the tcp's files (you can see it also with the hex-editor). So I just convert the tcp in tga, edit tga with Photoshop, and add a new txi (made with the Notepad) file with the 'extra info'.

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 06:16 PM

just use a hex editor.

Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 06:17 PM
The best (and pretty much only) way to make it upgradable is to copy the properties list from one of the game's upgradable lightsaber's uti file, to your new saber's uti file. Each property in that list tells how each crystal affects the saber. So it much easier just to copy the list than it is to try to add each property individually. ALSO, use an mdl file from an upgradable saber and edit it to make your saber. Non-upgradable sabers seem to have it specified in the mdl file as wel (ie malak's saber)

edit: I knew you were using a hex editor, I just needed to know where to get a good free one, but jules posted one so thanks for the help :D

juleswindu
01-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere I don't mean to sound repeditive,but now how do I make my lightsaber upgradable. [/B]

I really don't know... yet ;) I made my custom double-bladed lightsaber not-upgradable because I read in a thread (the one talkin about making Malak's lightsaber upgradable, I think) that there was a problem when you changed the colour crystal. Besides, I've buffed my saber with enough features to don't need to upgrade it :D

But to begin with that mater, I will start making diferent copies of your custom saber, each one with one of the different colour crystal of the game. And puting in every on of them the upgradable features that provides the other crystal. Just take a look to one of the sabers of the game and see how that is made.

After that... I don't know :confused: But I'm sure that someone will come out with the answer sooner or later :p

Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 07:11 PM
See my post above, it tells how to make a saber upgradable. I am not sure how well it works with these custom sabers, as I have yet to test it because I am still trying to get mine in-game.

Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Okay, I cannot get my saber working in-game. Can either of you send me your custom sabre so I can look at the files and see where I went wrong? I edited the mdl file, did the new textures, made the uti file and did everything posted, yet for some reason it still doesn't work. :mad:

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 07:53 PM
See my post above, it tells how to make a saber upgradable. I am not sure how well it works with these custom sabers, as I have yet to test it because I am still trying to get mine in-game.

Ok i figured out how to get a custom saber to upgrade lol it was right in front of my nose all you have to do is make a new crystal and write a new line the upcrystals.2da to refferance your crystal name and the name of your lightsaber. then drop your files in override. :) done

Funny thing is I knew i had to do this yesterday but in the confusion I simply forgot about it.

T7nowhere
01-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Okay, I cannot get my saber working in-game. Can either of you send me your custom sabre so I can look at the files and see where I went wrong? I edited the mdl file, did the new textures, made the uti file and did everything posted, yet for some reason it still doesn't work. :mad:

Is it crashing to desktop. to get the renamed model to work you also have to add the mdx file of the model and name it the same as the model. in my case the mdl is w_lghtsbr_009.mdl and mxd is w_lghtsbr_009.mdx renameing the mxd is as far as you have to edit it.

I also added a new line in baseitems.2da for my saber and upcrystals.2da for the crystal.

I think I may have made more changes to get my saber to work than i needed to so I will go though and make another later and get rid of the excess.

here are some pics of my saber :)
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2600510&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2600507&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2600509&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2600508&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

It's not pretty but it works :)

Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Hmm, what did you use for Model Variation in your saber uti file-what number goes there?

T7nowhere
01-31-2004, 12:34 AM
Hmm, what did you use for Model Variation in your saber uti file-what number goes there?

you use the number of your model. I stayed with the games system as much as possible the model that I used was w_lghtsbr_007.mdl I renamed it to w_lghtsbr_009.mdl and so ModelVariation is 9.

Darth Stryke
01-31-2004, 12:42 AM
Well, its semi-working now. I guess I will keep messing with it.

EDIT: Okay, I give up. Can someone send me their files for their saber so I can see what I am messing up? I added my saber as a new baseitem and everything, yet it just will not work right. It will not upgrade and the nextures do not turn out right and I have done everything this thread said to do.

Ellderon
01-31-2004, 01:41 AM
Anyone tought of making a great-light saber'

A lightsaber designed for twohands...a bit bigger than the standard one...uses both hands...delas greater damage and has perhaps another upgreade slot...

Hyarmendacil
01-31-2004, 01:53 AM
Kind of like malak's?

T7nowhere
01-31-2004, 10:50 AM
Here is my method to build a lightsaber If anyone knows of an easyer way I would like to know.

edit: Unless you put you saber into the game by adding it to a store or box you will have to use the giveitem cheat so it would look like this in the consol "giveitem yourweapon " without the quotes. the name of the weapon would be its file name.

Ok fist thing to do is collect the files you need.(I must warn you I am not a very good teacher so

if anything doesn't make sense jusst ask me.)
-upcrsystals.2da :bifs/2da.bif/upcrystals
-w_lght_xxx.mdl :Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdl (xxx reprsents the model #)
-w_lght_xxx.mdx :Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdx
-iw_sbrcrstl_xxx.tga:ERFs/texturepacks/swpc_tex_gui.erf/iw_sbrcrstl_xxx.tpc
-iw_lghtsbr_xxx.tga :ERFs/texturepacks/swpc_tex_gui.erf/iw_lghtsbr_xxx.tpc
-g1_w_sbrcrstlxx.uti:BIFs/templates.bif/g_w_sbrcrstxx.uti
-g1_w_lghtsbrxx.uti :BIFs/templates.bif/g_w_lghtsbrxx.uti
-w_lsabreturq01.tga :ERFs/swpc_tex_tpa.erf/w_lsabreturq01.tpc
-w_lsabregoldxx.txi(you need to create text doc and add: blending additive )
decal 1

ok lets build a lightsaber(you can do this by useing Fred Tetra's kotor Tool

lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121572 and GFF Editor

1.open the Lghtsbr.uti in GFF editor( KT now has a native uti editor. so just double click the file)

(this will refer to dialog.tlk)
LocalizedName: the # in STRREF box refers to the dialog.tlk

ModelVariation = (the number of the saber model )sinse I chose MotF the number is 8 I will change

this to 10
Tag: same as file name create unique name
TemplateResRef: same as file name create unique name

ok done. save.

2.open sabercrystal .uti in GFF editor
The only thing you have to change is

Tag: same as file name create unique name
TemplateResRef: same as file name create unique name

ok done. save.

3.now we open the mdl in a hex editor in my case the file is w_lghtsbr_008.mdl we can rename this later.( the best model to use for the lightsabers is w_lghtsbr001.mdl, w_dblsbr_001.mdl, w_shortsbr_001.mdl)

The lines you need to change is this. (is done to point the Lightsaber mdl to your skin) These numbers will vary depending on the model.( just scan down the file until you see the texture name)

00004470=w_lsabreturq01 change to w_lsabreturq02
00006670=w_lsabreturq01 change to w_lsabreturq02
00008880=w_lsabreturq01 change to w_lsabreturq02
0000aa80=w_lsabreturq01 change to w_lsabreturq02

ok done.hit ctrl+s then close the hex editor
now rename the .mdl and .mdx to the lightsabers ModelVariation which is 10 ie* w_lghtsbr_010.mdx

w_lghtsbr_010.mdl

4.next rename the w_lsabreturq01.tga to w_lsabreturq02.tga. now create a text doc and write:

blending additive
decal 1

and save as w_lsabreturq02.txi (this file name must have the same name as the texture file or the skin will not work right.(make sure it only has the txi extension and not the the txt as well)

5.now you need to edit upcrsystals.2da . Open upcrystals.2da this where you add your crystal to the list of game color crystals

{row label} label template shortmdlvar longmdlvar doublemdlvar

#of line (your sbrcrystl) (your crystlfile name) (row for srtsbr) (row for normal) (row double)

You need to place the file name of your saber in the appropriate collum depending on the saber you chose.if your not going to make all 3 versions of sabers for your crystal then you need to type **** in the spaces your not useing. (side note you can also use the crystals in other sabers as long as the saber is in your upcrystals.2da

6.and last reskin the textures to your likeing and save them. Drop the files in override and

your new saber should work. I have used this method a few times now with success :D :atat: :atat: :fett: :jawa :atat: :atat:

Supreme-Lord
01-31-2004, 11:57 AM
T7 can u send me the finished new saber files what to put override folder. Its just too hard for me right now.
meelis.kodu@mail.ee

Ellderon
01-31-2004, 01:31 PM
So?

Can nayone make a great-lighsaber ad put it for download?

I'm new and I sure as hell can't do it...and I don't want to wait a month for it....

any takers?

juleswindu
01-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Okay, I give up. Can someone send me their files for their saber so I can see what I am messing up? I added my saber as a new baseitem and everything, yet it just will not work right. It will not upgrade and the nextures do not turn out right and I have done everything this thread said to do.

Take a look to the Jules Windu's saber in here (http://es.geocities.com/d_abellan/)

Darth Stryke
01-31-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey Jules, if I read the Spanish correctly, your website is temporarily inaccessable do to too much data transfer or something like that, just so you know. I guess I will take a look once it is back up. But I think with T7's rather involved post, i should be able to get it now. THanks once again to both of you. :D

juleswindu
01-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Hey Jules, if I read the Spanish correctly, your website is temporarily inaccessable do to too much data transfer or something like that, just so you know. I guess I will take a look once it is back up.

:eek: Sith spawn!! Take it easy boys and girls! You're going to colapse the server! :D

I have no problem with the web now. But who knows. With all the 'Mydoom' thing maybe the servers are having troubles with the data transfer.

T7nowhere
01-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Supreme-Lord
T7 can u send me the finished new saber files what to put override folder. Its just too hard for me right now.
meelis.kodu@mail.ee

ok done.

Does anyone know a good free site I can upoad files to. Until I get a site up.
I get 70mb of free webspace from my ISP but I haven't been able to upload to it yet, :confused:

Darth Stryke
01-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey, can someone tell me where to get the tlk editor? It is the one tool I do not have that would really be useful.

Ellderon
01-31-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Ellderon
So?

Can nayone make a great-lighsaber ad put it for download?

I'm new and I sure as hell can't do it...and I don't want to wait a month for it....

any takers?

Yes...I'm reallyanoing...but I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly want to have this!

T7nowhere
02-01-2004, 03:50 AM
Hey, can someone tell me where to get the tlk editor? It is the one tool I do not have that would really be useful.

Incase you don't have it yet here is the TLK editor

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/data/1026158289672.shtml

Darth Stryke
02-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Cool, thank you. I dont have NWN so I never really looked at that page.

T7nowhere
02-02-2004, 01:37 AM
I am making a saber mod of my own and I have found that the best templates to use for the long and double saber is the blue one g_w_lghtsbr01 I just started on the short sabers and couple of them won't work :confused: I don't know why.

[/B] B]also you don't have to edit the baseitem.2da if your not going to change the sabers attributes.[/B]

anyway here are some screens of what I have done so far

notice the hilt
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2633901&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2633900&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2633899&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

and here is one with some of the colors
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2633898&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1[B]also you don't have to edit the baseitem.2da if your not going to change the sabers attributes.

T7nowhere
04-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Ok I wrote the lightsaber tutorial 3 months ago, when I knew nothing about this ***t. Everthing I have learned about mdding KotOR is thanks to the users of this forum And many many hours of making mistakes.

The reason Im bumping such an old thread is because I just got around to removing the unnessesary steps. There were only a couple things that probly made it confusing for some people. If you had followed the steps as they were outlined it should still have worked.

Anyway I think it's a little clearer now. Just rember when you attempt to mod anything If you don't run into obstacles then what your doing is to easy. Ok, ok. maybe im rambling a little but im suffering from insomnia and my mind isa little foggy. :)

ps. MOD MOD MOD.

JackJJackal
05-25-2004, 09:33 PM
How do I edit the textures for the lightsabre? Photoshop or?..

Achilles
05-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by JackJJackal
How do I edit the textures for the lightsabre? Photoshop or?..

I tried making some vary minor variations to the yellow crystal (adding while to the middle) using MS Paint. I was not able to discern any difference between the modified saber and the original. I'm thinking I'll need an app that will allow me to blend before I can make game-quality saber colors.

Anyone with thoughts or experiences to the contrary is more than welcome to correct me (please!).

Thanks,

Achilles

Ryun
06-04-2004, 03:45 AM
Hello

I am very new to the forums and KOTOR modding. I am going thru the walkthru for creating a sabre here and did ok until i hit editing the upcrystals.2da file with my sabre and crystal name.

The problem i have having is understanding where to put them :). If anyone could help explain it i would really appreciate it. This is what the file looks like when i extract it

2DA V2.b
label template shortmdlvar longmdlvar doublemdlvar  0 1 2 3 4 5 6   # 1 ? D S b p ~ !/=CScrBLUE G_W_SBRCRSTL14 g_w_shortsbr01 g_w_lghtsbr01 G_W_DBLSBR001 GOLD G_W_SBRCRSTL15 g_w_shortsbr04 g_w_lghtsbr04 G_W_DBLSBR004 GREEN G_W_SBRCRSTL16 g_w_shortsbr03 g_w_lghtsbr03 G_W_DBLSBR003 VIOLET G_W_SBRCRSTL17 g_w_shortsbr05 g_w_lghtsbr05 G_W_DBLSBR005 RED G_W_SBRCRSTL18 g_w_shortsbr02 g_w_lghtsbr02 G_W_DBLSBR002 Heart G1_W_SBRCRSTL20 g1_w_shortsbr01 g1_w_lghtsbr01 G1_W_DBLSBR001 Mantle G1_W_SBRCRSTL21 g1_w_shortsbr02 g1_w_lghtsbr02 G1_W_DBLSBR002

Thats Opened in notepad, lol, does not make much sense to me. I think i can sorta see it.

EX. Blue = label, G_W_SBRCRSTL14 = template, g_w_shortsbr01 = shortmdlvar, g_w_lghtsbr01 = longmdlvar, G_W_DBLSBR001 = doublemdlvar

Or am i reading that all wrong? I used T7nowhere's guide if that helps any.

Thanks in advance :)

Nodakrattler
06-04-2004, 03:58 AM
Your best bet would be to use the kotor tool to open the upcrystal.2da file. It'll list each cystal in a row you'll then select the bottom one, which should be empty, the first colum will be the next corresponding number then crystal name then each saber type ie: shortsaber, lightsaber, doublesaber. Hope this helps. If you need more help you can PM me or try to do a search of the forums.

Ryun
06-04-2004, 04:23 AM
OMG so much easier lol can see it now i opened someone eles 2da to see exatly what ya meant thanks i didnt realize i could open it in the tool :)

Prime
06-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ellderon
Anyone tought of making a great-light saber' Please put requests in the stickied requests thread at the top of the forum.

And also don't spam the thread asking for the same thing repeatedly.

Thank you :)

Arlen Treesong
06-21-2004, 04:04 AM
Great job T7, but using the Native UTI editor in Kotor Tools is no go, you can't alter TemplateResRef with it. Only the tag.

GFF works fine thoe