PDA

View Full Version : Lego Melée Island

Merkel
02-03-2004, 02:35 AM
I'm builiding a replica of the entire Mêlée town entirely made of Lego pieces. The project is fairly advanced and I've tried to stay as true to the look of SOMI as possible, although some liberties had to be taken and some places and buildings had to come from my imagination. I estimate that Melée town, when ready, will be comprised of around 40000 lego bricks (maybe more). When I'm done with Melee Town, I'm planning to also build the entire Melee Island (including Woodtick from Scabb Island).
I would like to ask all of you if you get me all the pictures, screenshots, concept art and fan art you can find of Melee Island and Melee Town. Your contribution would be much apreciated. In a few weeks, I'll try to post on www.scummbar.com a few pictures of how the project is progressing and to get some feedback from you guys.

Thanks for reading and for your suport.

Jaws
02-03-2004, 10:09 AM
scumm bar (http://www.scummbar.com/images/dep/screenshots_mi1_pc/full1-2.gif)

centre of town (http://www.scummbar.com/images/dep/screenshots_mi1_pc/full11.gif)

church and jail (http://www.scummbar.com/images/dep/screenshots_mi1_pc/full14.gif)

alley (http://www.scummbar.com/images/dep/screenshots_mi1_pc/full15.gif)

thats what I could find on scummbar ... I'm sure you allready have it but ... but there.

MrManager
02-03-2004, 03:11 PM
This should get you going...

http://www.scummbar.com/games/islands/index.php?game=MeleeIslandMap&usemenu=1

Yufster
02-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Why?

Merkel
02-04-2004, 12:33 AM
I thank al the help thus far, but I'm more interested in fan art and artistic representations of Melee Town.

Skinkie
02-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Good luck, for whatever possessed you to do this.

Thrik
02-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Sounds fun and cool. Make sure to let us know how it goes.

The LeChuckie
02-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Do you ever sit back and feel your wasting your life?:o

mapixx
02-05-2004, 08:20 PM
You're mad!!!!!!!

.......I want to see it when it's finished :D

Jaws
02-05-2004, 10:50 PM
http://www.scummbar.com/resources/articles/BillTillerInterview/scummbarcopyright.jpg

OddBall
02-05-2004, 11:16 PM
It sounds like a great idea to me, combining a couple of my favorite things from my childhood, Legos and Monkey. This is one of those things you always fantasize about doing, but never get around to it. Good luck!

Merkel
02-07-2004, 05:07 PM
The very center of Melee Town is nearly done (with the clock, the map seller, the men of low moral fiber, international house of mojo, etc). I'm working on the minifigs now (Guybrush is done, so are the men of low moral fiber, but having a bit of trouble with the voodoo lady). It is not a point by point exact replica of what we see in SOMI, but it's pretty close I think. I made some changes to some of the houses (some really necessary, other by a matter of personal taste), but so far the reaction of the people who have seen the construction itself is that it does capture the spirit of the game. In a few days I'll post some pictures. I hope you guys will enjoy them. But this is just the very beginning. There is still a lot to go (the rest of Melee Town, the shop, the church, the prison, Scumm Bar of course, etc).
I don't have a digital camera, but I'll try to get some photos as quick as possible.

Governor Phatt
02-08-2004, 09:07 AM
wow this is sounding really cool i bet it'll be great. :D

The LeChuckie
02-08-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm builiding a replica of the entire Mêlée town entirely made of my anal hair. The project is fairly advanced and I've tried to stay as true to the look of SOMI as possible, although some liberties had to be taken and some places and buildings had to come from my imagination. I estimate that Melée town, when ready, will be comprised of around 40000 anal hairs (maybe more). When I'm done with Melee Town, I'm planning to also build the entire Melee Island (including Woodtick from Scabb Island).

We'll see how it comes along!!!

Governor Phatt
02-08-2004, 06:34 PM
well... how rude:rolleyes:

Skinkie
02-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Merkel
The very center of Melee Town is nearly done (with the clock, the map seller, the men of low moral fiber, international house of mojo, etc). I'm working on the minifigs now (Guybrush is done, so are the men of low moral fiber, but having a bit of trouble with the voodoo lady). It is not a point by point exact replica of what we see in SOMI, but it's pretty close I think. I made some changes to some of the houses (some really necessary, other by a matter of personal taste), but so far the reaction of the people who have seen the construction itself is that it does capture the spirit of the game. In a few days I'll post some pictures. I hope you guys will enjoy them. But this is just the very beginning. There is still a lot to go (the rest of Melee Town, the shop, the church, the prison, Scumm Bar of course, etc).
I don't have a digital camera, but I'll try to get some photos as quick as possible.

Are you building interiors to the building too, or just the outsides?

Merkel
02-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Most of the houses just the outside, but The International House of Mojo, Scumm Bar, Prison, etc, are all gettingh the interiors done. I'll be doing only the interiors of the houses you can go in to in the game.

Krazy
02-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by The LeChuckie
I'm builiding a replica of the entire Mêlée town entirely made of my anal hair. The project is fairly advanced and I've tried to stay as true to the look of SOMI as possible, although some liberties had to be taken and some places and buildings had to come from my imagination. I estimate that Melée town, when ready, will be comprised of around 40000 anal hairs (maybe more). When I'm done with Melee Town, I'm planning to also build the entire Melee Island (including Woodtick from Scabb Island).

We'll see how it comes along!!!

Your not funny.

The LeChuckie
02-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Well the anal hair project has gone down the drain when I ran out of my own hairs and for some reason no one would lend me any of theirs :( If anyone is interested in bringing the project back to life then you can send me your anal hairs in an envelope to this address:

LeChuckie
29 Monkey Avenue
monkeysville
MON 73Y

Cheers... I look forward to the post.

turbo)(death
02-09-2004, 01:08 PM
i will happily send u my anal hair.

heck ill even help you with the project, i have maxi-hair growth and would definitely have fun shaving ur ass area.

gay times - read it, like it, love it, twice over.

(i work at gay times)

turbo)(death
02-09-2004, 01:15 PM
im making a replica melee town out of my own semen and also urin (for tactful parts) and partially my own disreptantiant.

u all suck.

nah im kidding. wot a 'cool' idea.

XxskyeXX
02-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by turbo)(death
im making a replica melee town out of my own semen and also urin (for tactful parts) and partially my own disreptantiant.

u all suck.

nah im kidding. wot a 'cool' idea.

ur so not funny.

well done Merkel, i think that sounds really good,cant wait 2 c the pics!

Jaws
02-09-2004, 09:25 PM
You know .. you(lechuckie) are really ruining this thread.... and for what ? An anal hair joke ?! That is so immature ....

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing pics of this project (the lego one, that is). Merkel you are putting alot of work and I applaud your determination in such an extensive project : ) Keep up the good work ... show the danes what you can do with lego's

Thrik
02-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Yes.

I really cannot emphasise enough just how totally unfunny you two are.

Edit: If you are two different people at all.

The LeChuckie
02-10-2004, 10:01 AM
While it's no secret as to my disagreement with this "project", I am still intrigued to see these pics... they might change my mind... ya never know :rolleyes: . I don't see how it ruins the thread, I am simply arguing the pointlessness of the task, try and lighten up a little, I'm sure in his own world Merkel is very sane :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

P.S If you want to complain about turbo)(death (who isn't me) then all E-mail can be directed here zerovortex@hotmail.com (sorry Mike)

P.P.S you are spot on about me being immature.... heh, anal hair *s*******

El Mariachi
02-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Your posts in here are more pointless than his lego Melee

I'm rooting on the lego guy! It's a form of art :cool:

XxskyeXX
02-11-2004, 05:26 AM
il second that

turbo)(death
02-11-2004, 08:57 AM
i'll third that.......

........oh wait im against the project.

nah only kidding, i think its a good idea - seriously, i was vjust having a laugh.

LIGHTEN THE **** UP YOU FOOLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

example :

person one : 'anal hair joke'

group of people (2) : 'eeerrr ur so immature wah wah wah'

SAD OIKS. huh, c'mon cant ya take a frikkin joke u.

oh no wait sorry i forgot u r all anti-anal hair, u hairist bastards sicken me.

flame other, ps anyone take the piss outa gays and ill shoot you.

The LeChuckie
02-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Don't you hate it when you get an itchy ass in public and you can't scratch it? you know... right up the crack.

Thrik
02-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Jokes are supposed to funny. Considering that both of your statements were not in the slightest bit amusing, you can't really expect us to laugh or anything.

Now, go away and die or something. Please.

Orca Wail
02-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Where's Joshi when you need him?:rolleyes:

I really want to see the lego thing when its finished...

...cripes, LeChuckie, THAT can get you banned...

The LeChuckie
02-11-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm having difficulty understanding how fellow Monkey Island fans can have exactly a 0% sense of humor, :( I'm not trying to insult any of you !!!

also what exactly can get me banned???? :confused:

Jedi-Monkey
02-11-2004, 05:04 PM
The thing that confuses me is where he says I want to make the entire melee town including Woodtick. Thats on Scabb. KERAZY!!?!
Anyway, good idea, and well, I guess everyone needs a hobby. Youll have to take pics of this dude cos it sounds great.

Thrik
02-11-2004, 09:21 PM
It's not that we don't have a sense of humour - it's just that your jokes suck.

Krazy
02-12-2004, 02:14 AM
Yeah were not humourless its just that your jokes are about as funny as a brick.

I'm really looking foward to seeing this! I used to love building things in lego!

El Mariachi
02-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Monkey Island fans have a good sense of humor if they find Monkey Island funny..

There is a difference in the quality of humor you present. Guybrush never says anything about 'anal hair'. See, MI has class..

and you don't.

You just aren't funny. Examine your own 'sense of humor' before you critique ours.

About the Scabb Island thing.. Maybe he meant that he wanted to do it just for fun?

The LeChuckie
02-12-2004, 07:19 AM
I have a wide sense of humor which happens to include anal hair:mad:

anyway we've been arguing about how hillaious I am for a couple of days now and still no pics of this mystical magical lego island... how is it coming along (I still think its pointless and your time would be better spent trying to pull girls... for instance:rolleyes:)

Governor Phatt
02-12-2004, 09:47 AM
yeah ur right... just like when Michealangelo was painting that ceiling i bet he was thinking "i could be out pulling girls right now"

Ass.

Merkel
02-12-2004, 06:41 PM
I will build woodtick melee island because it fits the ambiance (and they're both always in perpetual night). From CMI, the builidings are very hard to build because they're so cartoony. In the first 2 monkey island games, everything is designed witha certain level of realism that makes my job a lot easier.
And of course I know Woodtick is on Scabb. I just think it fits the mood of Melee and they probably go well together. They're my 2 favorite places in the monkey island lore.

Jedi-Monkey
02-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Its my ultimate dream to recreate a lifesize Melee Island to live on with friends.
If your lego thing is good I may copy it for detail. Ive already taken a while planning the basic layout cos i really couldnt work out how it all pieced together the way it does. But Ive worked it.

Skinkie
02-13-2004, 01:51 AM
I think you should make Skull Island, it's one of my personal favorutes.

Governor Phatt
02-13-2004, 09:45 AM
i think u should make Phatt island and the cool jail :D

Merkel
02-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Let's first see if I can pull this thing of. Melee Town is troublesome enough as it is.

Guybrush122
02-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Why won't somebody love me?

LeChuckie lives
02-14-2004, 11:21 AM
How the **** can you ban me? for what? I mean wtf is wrong with you people? It's time some of you realised that the internet isn't about giving people a pat on the back but for giving your opinion across to other people, I thought that was the purpose of this FORUM. It makes me physically sick the way I have been treated and I have been forced to change my opinion on the kind of people who populate these forums.

Seeing as I'm still on this lego building thing and as I respect the rules of the forum I'd better wish you goo luck on what I belive to be a very pointless task.

Jedi-Monkey
02-14-2004, 12:31 PM
I have to agree with that. Banning was a little harsh guys.

Mr Flibble
02-14-2004, 04:51 PM
I think he got what he deserved.
If he had apologized, a different story...
I got here late, so I knew he got banned from the start, which made me think, 'Oh, he's going to do something wrong...lets watch"

Merkel, make sure you make things the right colour.

For example,don't have the buildings red and blue and white and yellow and green.

Post the pics here as well!

Merkel
02-14-2004, 06:45 PM
I can't make the whole thing blue!In the game it all looks like it's the same calor, but I can't take that path. Blue bricks are somewhat scarce and I don't think It would look very well. I've tried to give the best color scheme possible to the houses. And yes, some are red, other's blue, or white or yellow. It just had to be done. It's inpraticable the other way.

Jedi-Monkey
02-14-2004, 06:59 PM
I think u can kinda see the colour in emi but i cant remember

Merkel
02-14-2004, 08:06 PM
There are several limitatiosn to lego, and color is one of them. BRown, blue and dark gray pieces are not all that common, which makes them much more expensive to buy.
And I want to stray away from the Melee Town of EMI. I like the SOMI much more.

Mr Flibble
02-14-2004, 08:08 PM
I just meant try to avoid having everything multicoloured, like a rainbow.

It doesn't really matter, but it would look a bit less professional.

Jedi-Monkey
02-14-2004, 08:15 PM
I just meant u can use emi colour scheme for somi buildings.
I have to agree the whole of Melee in emi is wrong. And so is Monkey. Everythings in the wrong place!!! But yeah thats not what this thread is about so Ill leave that there.

Governor Phatt
02-14-2004, 10:17 PM
I'd love to actually have a go at this. If i had a big old wad of money to spend on bricks of all colours id try and make something like it too.

Merkel
02-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Some houses are red, or blue, or white, etc, but no house is multi-colored (not sure that was what you meant).
The whole town is enclosed in a castle-like wall. In SOMI you can see some traces of this wall. I'm not sure if it surrounds the whole populace, but I just think it looks better that way.
So far only 12 houses are complete. The clock tower is also complete. The street that leads to the archway with the clock is complete. I'm working on the "left side" of this section (as seen in the perspective in the game) which leaves a lot to the imagination. As I've said, some houses had to be planned from scratch.

I'm also planning to place a few electric lights inside the houses. This way, when seen in the dark, I hope the city will convey that feeling of perpetual night on Melee and the coziness one can feel coming from the warm yellow lights on the windows. Let's see how it goes.

Thrik
02-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Sounds great. If you turned all the lights off and created all the light through little electric bulbs and such scattered through the town it would probably create a really nice effect and hide the fact that some houses are bright red.

Merkel
02-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Yeah, that's the idea.
Melee Island simply isn't Melee Island in bright sunlight.

Skinkie
02-15-2004, 04:11 AM
Back when LEGOs only came in like 5 colors, blue wasn't so rare. Ah the good old days... wait no, those sucked, no directions, no cool pieces, everything was square. But oh the memories...

Krazy
02-15-2004, 06:59 AM
:D WOW sounds awesome. That guy desserved a ban I mean he just wouldn't stop! If he didn't like the idea he could have just said it once and then left this thread alone. But nooo he had to start lame jokes about anal hair and then say how pathetic he was and stuff. And then wonders why everyone hated him?

Jedi-Monkey
02-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Dude we need pics!!!!!

turbo)(death
02-15-2004, 12:33 PM
ok, ok, ok.....

lets all just calm down a little bit and discuss these even.......

RAGGGGGHHHHHHH WOT THE **** IN GODS NAME IS GOING ON, YOU ARE THE MOST ****ED UP PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, i call u all frikking sadoiks and ****...

..... and lechuckie who was simply venting his opinion and saying jokes about anal hair gets banned.

HARSH AS ****. FOR GODS SAKE THIS GUY GETS BANNED AND I GET TO WRITE ALL THIS **** ......

U ALL **** UR OWN MOTHERS U SAD BASTARDS AND BTW NONE, AND I MEAN NONE OF U HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR.

and for your information michaelangelo was homosexual so no he wasnt thinking 'i should be out pulling girls'

final tohught : ' U all make me sick to my stomach u sicko ****ed up retarded **** munchers'

p.s. learn to dish out abuse.

from mike.

cough wankers cough cough.

Jedi-Monkey
02-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I smell another ban.

Skinkie
02-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Good call.

James Isaac
02-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Wow. This sounds really promising. I can't wait to see the pictures.

I remember that Lego Monkey Island with the giant monkey head and LeChuck's underground cavern... that was great :D

Long Live MI
02-18-2004, 01:10 PM
got a link to that isaac?

Melancholick
02-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Interesting. I actually did the exact same project about twelve years ago, as an extension of my original Lego table--right about the time that the transition went from Town theme to full-blown piracy. MI had left such a huge impression on me that building Melee' Town as the second island on the table was something like *mandatory*.

The only difficult part about it was color scheme. Blue seems like a sound idea, but once you see a whole building in the original tone, it looks.. clownish. I mostly used black and grey pieces for the Scumm Bar and the buildings along the dock, with black for the dock itself. Brown pieces hadn't yet become abundant in sets--like with the later Wild West models--so it had to be an improv job.

Anyways, the three-street cityscape wound up being accurate to the game, save for small details like the stained glass in the church and the like. I tacked on an extra set of docks to emulate the "Island Overview" shot from the title screen, beyond the grey stone wall that surrounded the town. It wasn't feasible for space to put the Marley mansion in its actual location, so it wound up on the east end of the island. My Pops and I capped it off with starlite threads hanging from the ceiling to create a night sky effect and wired the various buildings with amber kernel lights drilled up through the baseplates.

But as a sidebar note, I'd recommend hitting up your local Lego store or website if you think certain pieces are rarer than others. The local Galleria outlet will let you fill a 24 oz. cup with whatever kind of pieces you can fish out of their huge bins for about twelve bucks. Makes things a hell of a lot easier than when I did it, scrounging through my hundred and twenty pounds of bricks to color-code and casing swapmeets and yard sales for loose pieces.

Jedi-Monkey
02-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Do u have any pics Melancholic?

James Isaac
02-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Long Live MI
got a link to that isaac?

http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/album92

Krazy
02-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by James Isaac
http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/album92

Holy crap thats awesome!

Jedi-Monkey
02-19-2004, 03:39 PM
They are great! And you even have the right colour schemes!
That must have taken years!!!!
I am VERY impressed! Id never have the patience for it.

Merkel
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Looks fantastic!!!!!

And Melancholik, the lego stores around here, in Portugal, don't have that option for buying pieces.

I usually buy them at www.bricklink.com

As for the color scheme, it's bit different from the game.

I'll try to describe it briefly:

perspective - the street with the archway and the clock, the same angle as in the game. Counting from the clock towards the player's perspective:

- Clock: all black, with a white circle around the pointers

- first house on the left: blue with some black stripes

- first house on the right: red with some black stripes

- second house on the left: red with yellow panes on the window

- second house on the right (Internationla House of Mojo): white with black stripes

- third house on the left: yellow with slight black patterns

- third house on the right (map seller): yellow

- fourth house on the left (Men of Low moral fiber): tan with brown stripes

Jedi-Monkey
02-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Cool. Hope to see your pics soon.

Melancholick
02-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Wow. Whatever skill and dedication I put into the Melee' portion of the table is pretty much rendered irrelevent by the skill of that Monkey Island model. I'm always stunned by the ability of master builders who can pull out geometry like that..

.. anyways, I do have photos of the setup, but they're unfortunately off at Mum's house in Sydney. I'll bust open the family album whenever I'm back down there, and upload some.

Whenever that may be. In the meantime, good luck.

James Isaac
02-20-2004, 07:07 AM
Looks fantastic!!!!!

And Melancholik, the lego stores around here, in Portugal, don't have that option for buying pieces.

I usually buy them at www.bricklink.com

As for the color scheme, it's bit different from the game.

I'll try to describe it briefly:

perspective - the street with the archway and the clock, the same angle as in the game. Counting from the clock towards the player's perspective:

- Clock: all black, with a white circle around the pointers

- first house on the left: blue with some black stripes

- first house on the right: red with some black stripes

- second house on the left: red with yellow panes on the window

- second house on the right (Internationla House of Mojo): white with black stripes

- third house on the left: yellow with slight black patterns

- third house on the right (map seller): yellow

- fourth house on the left (Men of Low moral fiber): tan with brown stripes

If you want it to look blue, why don't you just get a dark room and shine a blue tinted light on it? Would that work?

Merkel
02-20-2004, 10:48 AM
That's what I'm planning to do. Plus, I'll try to get small yellow lamps inside the houses. Let's see how it all will turn out.

Arghhhhhaaa
02-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Whatever happened to that fine LeChuckie fellow? He was awesome.

Skinkie
02-23-2004, 08:38 PM
I can't believe this guy keeps coming back.

James Isaac
02-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Arghhhhhaaa

How fake and immature :¬:

Mr Flibble
02-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, he should at least come up with a believable name.

Unlike me.
If I get banned, it'll be

Mr Flibble II
Mr Flibble III
Mr Flibble IV
Mr Flibble V
Mr Flibble VI
Mr Flibble VII
Mr Flibble VIII
Mr Flibble IX
Mr Flibble X

* sees mod*
I'm just kidding, that never happens :¬:

Krazy
02-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Arghhhhhaaa

Just leave us alone with your immatureness. This isn't the last we've seen of LeChuckie, oh no!

Skinkie
02-25-2004, 02:33 PM
We can always hope a meteror smashes him or something.

Let's make love
02-27-2004, 12:19 PM
I am spokesperson for LeChuckie! LeChuckie is sorry for the spamming but not for the anal hair joke.. that is all. Also LeChuckie got his IP adress banned and if LeChuckie had known then LeChuckie would not have spammed.

P.S There is no crying Smilie so you will have to use your imaginations.

James Isaac
02-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Let's make love
I am spokesperson for LeChuckie! LeChuckie is sorry for the spamming but not for the anal hair joke.. that is all. Also LeChuckie got his IP adress banned and if LeChuckie had known then LeChuckie would not have spammed.

P.S There is no crying Smilie so you will have to use your imaginations.

:disaprove

But anyway... can we see any photos of the lego structure yet?

Krazy
02-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Hmmm do I sense another ban?

Let's make love
02-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Ahh but I'm not actually LeChuckie... just one of his mate (well his only mate) so it would be morally wrong to ban me... I am also a Monkey Island fan (thansk to LeChuckie) But I was not aware of thses forums.

02-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Mad-cow disease if you ask me.

How big are you planning to make this HUMUNGUS Island?

:Guybrush3:

Long Live MI
03-04-2004, 04:49 PM
any chance of some progress piccies?

SamNMax
03-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Wasn't there a contest at ScummBar.com to see who could make the best MI scene out of legos, or was I eating too much candy again?

Skinkie
03-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Yeah, that was a couple years ago.

Governor Phatt
03-10-2004, 08:19 PM
How's it going Merkel?

Live Undead
03-12-2004, 12:15 PM
it's looking to me like someone got bored with their *stupid* lego idea and went off to play Simcity or such like.

Merkel
03-15-2004, 02:07 AM
I need to buy more pieces. I have some photos taken, but it's still a work in progress. Do you guys want to see houses with no roof?
The thing is I don't have a digital camera, or else I would've posted the photos before. And I want to show the project when it doesn't look as "in progress" as it is now. But since some of you seem to doubt my intentions or sincerity, I?ll post pictures of this "work in progress" as soon as I can.

James Isaac
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Do you guys want to see houses with no roof?

Yeah. I do.

Are you designing it with lDraw/MLCad (or something similar to that).

Merkel
03-16-2004, 01:32 AM
MlCad actually, mainly because of the piece count.

Scummbuddy
03-16-2004, 03:50 AM
it seems to me, like you would keep this around for quite some time once you had it done, so why dont you just spray paint the lego bricks to the color you want, you know, once you have them in the order you want...like construct the walls, then take them off the lego floor, and then spray the whole wall, then put it back.

oh, and heres a very cool image by Ian Pointer that I havent seen in awhile. Its of the melee town.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/map_by_ian_pointer.jpg

oh, and i wasnt against the ban on those idiots. if they didnt have anything nice to say, then stay away, but when they brought it to the next level, then i suppose a little ban was not out of the question.

James Isaac
03-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Spray painting the lego bricks would be a bad idea. It would mean they wouldn't be usable for anything else, and you wouldn't be able to sell them or anything.

Scummbuddy
03-17-2004, 12:47 AM
i said he would probably keep them this way for quite awhile, so i dont see what the problem would be.

Lefty9fingers
03-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Not to mention that spray painting legos is cheating. The whole point of doing it in legos is that it is done. . .wait for it. . . WITH LEGOS!!!
If someone wanted to do something the quick and easy way sure they could build a Melee Island model out of cardboard and then paint the town whatever color they dang dittly dang dittly ding dang please, but he isn't doing that, now is he!?!
No, he's makin' it out of legos, and it's going to rock, and that's all there is to it.
P.S. I think we've all waited long enough for pictures, how about we all here on the forum chip in ten bucks to buy you a digital camera so we can see the thing.

Live Undead
03-22-2004, 08:59 AM
oh, and i wasnt against the ban on those idiots. if they didnt have anything nice to say, then stay away, but when they brought it to the next level, then i suppose a little ban was not out of the question.

"Those idiots" have a right hear as anyone else. and If I... I mean they want to tell someone it is a rubbish idea then that should be allowed, the moderator took it to the next level by banning...him for an anal hair joke... which btw.... was hillarious and I know at least 2 people who found it humorous :p

Jaws
03-22-2004, 12:54 PM
smeghead

Live Undead
03-23-2004, 09:23 AM
yeah yeah with the insults.... arn't you past this stage by now?

Skinkie
03-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Who would want to get past that stage?

Merkel
04-01-2004, 08:22 AM
This week I will post pics, cross my heart. Sorry for the delay.

James Isaac
04-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Great :D . I can't wait to see how far you've got.

Krazy
04-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Live Undead
"Those idiots" have a right hear as anyone else. and If I... I mean they want to tell someone it is a rubbish idea then that should be allowed, the moderator took it to the next level by banning...him for an anal hair joke... which btw.... was hillarious and I know at least 2 people who found it humorous :p

Not to acuse you or anything but I have a feeling your LeChuckie.

Can't wait for the pics man!

Broomie
04-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah I thought the Anal Hair joke was hilarious.... *cough*

But seriously can you lot drop the whole banning thing, he got what he deserved and that's that. Everyone knows that on most forums you have to be mature and not stupid, he's an example of being stupid and not following the rules, thus he gets banned.

*End of Story*

James Isaac
04-07-2004, 09:59 AM
This week I will post pics, cross my heart. Sorry for the delay.

Mr Flibble
04-12-2004, 07:13 PM
12/4/04 20:33 GMT

Tick tock.....

Krazy
04-17-2004, 04:35 AM
Um..................er...............well then?

Lefty9fingers
04-17-2004, 07:15 AM
I'm beginning to think this Lego Melee island is much like the elusive "Weapons of Mass-Destruction"; Non-Existant!

Gabez
04-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Let's make love
Ahh but I'm not actually LeChuckie... just one of his mate (well his only mate) so it would be morally wrong to ban me...Wanna bet?

Also, Scummbuddy, WHERE did you get that picture from? It rocks.

toenail1
04-17-2004, 11:29 PM
that is the coolest idea ever, i know your lego island is going to rock!

i cant wait to see those pics!!!!!

Merkel
04-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Here's the thing...In a few hours I'll post 4 or 5 pics. Some fo houses are still very incomplete...Monday I should get a batch of 900 pieces to finish these houses. The pics you'll see in a few hours show a still incomplete International House of Mojo (it should be complete by Monday) and still no specific minifigs (What I mean by this is that in the pics you will only see generic pirates. In a few days I'll hae guybrush, the map vendor and the men of low moral fiber). I was waiting to finish these houses and for the minifigs before I post any pictures, but since so many of you, and rightly so, doubt my sincerity, I will post a few pictures in a few moments. See you then.

toenail1
04-18-2004, 11:59 PM
so i must suffer until then?!?!?! argh!!!!

Thrik
04-19-2004, 05:11 AM
:¬:

Live Undead
04-19-2004, 08:25 AM
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :p

Playing you all for fools. Now your all looking really stupid... except Thrik.;)

mybleedinheart
04-19-2004, 05:21 PM
so im a big fan of lego. but for some reason i think we're all gettin yanked around here. i wouldnt hold my breath for this one.

Merkel
04-19-2004, 11:00 PM
I've sent 10 pics to the Scumm Bar webmasters, and I hope they will be posted on the main page pretty soon.
The construction is still on early stages, some houses are not complete and the minifigs are generic. In a few days, severla houses will be finished, as well as the specific minifigs (guybrush, Map Vendor and Men on Low Moral Fiber). I can't host the pics, but if someone is interested and does not wnat to wait for the main page to uptade, I can send you the pics and you can host them and post them in this board.

Anyone interested, my e-mail is Darthromas@hotmail.com

Merkel
04-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Man, how do you attach pictures to the posts?

Merkel
04-19-2004, 11:54 PM
In the meantime, you can see some pics in this thread:

http://www.jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4897

The thing is, the pics I posted have a resolution that is not very apropriate to apreciate the project. I'll try to fix that.

Live Undead
04-20-2004, 07:01 AM
erm. How do I look at the pictures? I atill think its a rubbish idea. :p

Thrik
04-20-2004, 07:09 AM
At least he's actually contributing something remotely MI-related to this community.

Krazy
04-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Thrik
At least he's actually contributing something remotely MI-related to this community.

ZING, or something

Merkel
04-20-2004, 09:37 AM
If anyone's interested, in case ScummBar.com doesn't post my pics, I can e-amil the full load of pics.

Got a bunch of lego pieces today...I gonna go anf finish the international house of mojo now.

Lefty9fingers
04-22-2004, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see them. Mail me the pics @ leftyninefingers@yahoo.com I'll let you know what I think.

Joshi
04-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Now available at the [suck up]best monkey island Site around ("http://www.scummbar.com)[/suck up]

But yeah, real good, I like them a lot, especially the toothbrush.

Live Undead
04-22-2004, 10:15 AM
*Sometime after Merkel has completed his famed lego Mele Island project*

Merkel sat in the chair, bored, lonely, He had nothing to do and no one to talk to. If only he had gone out talking to girls and having sex instead of building that damned Melee Island out of damned lego... now that was all he had left. Merkel stared at his project or a long time... and wept.

Merkel
04-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Don't worry, I still have a life.

Krazy
04-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Live Undead
*Sometime after Merkel has completed his famed lego Mele Island project*

Merkel sat in the chair, bored, lonely, He had nothing to do and no one to talk to. If only he had gone out talking to girls and having sex instead of building that damned Melee Island out of damned lego... now that was all he had left. Merkel stared at his project or a long time... and wept.

What is wrong with you LeChuckie? You're the one who should get a life

Jedi-Monkey
04-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Wow. That stuff looks great! So much work there. I really wouldnt have the patience.
So what will you do when its done? Leave it complete forever? Or pack it up? I always hate breaking my Lego models to put away.

Merkel
04-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Actually I don't know. It would be really heartbreaking to pack it up. I'll have to think about it later. Right now I'm really focused on fiinishing Melee Town and next the whole island.
BTW, the church I'm palnning to build is a bit different from the game.It's building where I took the most creative freedom. I never liked the game desing of the church anyway. It's a bit larger. But it's now my priority right now. First the rest of the houses, then the prison, the shop, the scumm bar the dock and tehn I'll build the church.

Krazy
04-23-2004, 04:26 AM
Those pics are looking really cool Merkel. I can't wait to see some more.

Lefty9fingers
04-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Now, when you say you're intent on finishing the whole island, do you mean literally the WHOLE island? Because if you do that would be THE coolest thing I have seen since someone's boobie popped out at the superbowl halftime show. But seriously, do you mean to do just the whole town or the entire island to scale with Meathooks house and the look-out's tower and everything? That would be quite an undertaking and I do say rather awesome.

Live Undead
04-23-2004, 10:39 AM
I didn't mean any offence I was just messin... well it made me laugh. I guess I should apologise since you have now uploaded the pics...... :rolleyes:

Joshi
04-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Jedi-Monkey
Wow. That stuff looks great! So much work there. I really wouldnt have the patience.
So what will you do when its done? Leave it complete forever? Or pack it up? I always hate breaking my Lego models to put away.

Are you kidding, that's the best part! You've just built a huge street with loadsa houses and buildings and stuff, then you make a hover car or something that can fly (things that can fly are much better than things that stay on the ground) and have a show down with your most ugliest lego man and your least ugliest lego man with the latter being helped out by the coolest lego man (usually the skeletons, how are they not cool, especially when you put the head on top of a cool human body).

When it comes time to put everything away, act out a cheesy movie with loadsa random property damage (i.e, the hovercar's crashing into buidlings and stuff)

Now how is that not fun!

Ahh, the days when I was able to do that. I've now given all my lego away, save for one small box which allows me to build a space ship (actually it's meant to be a car and some weird temple, but hey, who actually builds the stuff they're made for)

SkullHW™
04-25-2004, 05:19 PM
In fear of getting banned, i say : Swirling! Swirling against liberty!

Pretty cool lego thing man.

Merkel
05-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Ok, facing the clock, all the houses on the right are complete, including the International House of Mojo. When I post photos, you'll be abble to see what no one has ever seen before: the back door of the IHOM. PLus, the house in front of which the men of low moral fiber are seated is nearly complete.
The following minifigs are now assembled:

Guybrush
Map vendor
the 3 men of low moral fiber
Carla the swordmaster
Voodoo Lady (this one kinda sucks...not very acurate).

I'll try to post photos as soon as I can (I hope sooner that the last time).

Sgt. Pepper
06-16-2004, 01:02 PM
The most fun is throwing lego's. Instead of pretending the flying cars are being driven by absent minded people pretend they are metors or something. Then you have an excuse to throw the lego models very hard at what ever lego buildings, walls, siblings you wouldnt belive how that relives the stress. I recomend when MI5 comes out to have some stress reliving lego sets near the computer. Hmm thats a good idea. Im going to make a day spaw where you throw lego sets around. I could say its an ancient chinees remedy or something. If you guys havent tried throwing lego sets you should try. Mighty fun stuff.

Ray Jones
06-16-2004, 05:40 PM
i would never give my legos away.

NEVER!

DrMcCoy
06-17-2004, 03:12 AM
i wouldn't do it, either...

apropos lego: do you know this site? (http://www.lipsons.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lego.htm)
(dunno where i've got this link, could be this thread... *shrug*)

James Isaac
06-17-2004, 11:57 AM
I've been to that site while searching for ML Cad models. It's a good site with a lot of models :)

Merkel
07-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Ok, the project is progressing nicely. I've started the cathedral (yes, cathedral, not church..I made much bigger than in the game :) ) and it shoud be ready next week. I'l try to post photos as soon as I can. When I look at the photos I posted a few months ago, it almost funny how incomplete the town looked back then. It's still far from complete now, but it's quite larger. I can't wait to hear your opinions when I post the photos.

An oh, there also lots of character minifigs. I've made them as similar to the look of the game as I could.

Merkel
08-22-2004, 07:18 PM
I'll post photos of how the project is going in a few hours. It contains several updates. I hope you guys like them.

Gabez
08-29-2004, 12:14 PM
If anyone's interested, in case ScummBar.com doesn't post my pics, I can e-amil the full load of pics.The SCUMM Bar will ALWAYS post your pictures, Merkel - we think your project's great. :)

If we don't post them quickly enough it just means we're lazy. Stupid and lazy.