PDA

View Full Version : unbalanced sabers?

Ellderon
02-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Is it just me or are two sabers the best solution out there.

First you have a single saber...2-12 (or was it 16) damage +2 upgreade posible and +5 to attack if you have Master Dueling

Next, saberstaff.....2-16 damage, 2 upgreades possible (does the saber-staff damage count as hitting with each end? - i.e., 2-16 for each end of the sabre?)

And finaly, two sabers...2-12(16) each + 2 upgreades each, result in a deadly combo...far superior to all others..

Now...with the new two-handed uber-saber MOD, things are starting to look up, but the question is...should something be done to balance them better, especially the saber-staff?

Shimaon
02-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Ellderon
Is it just me or are two sabers the best solution out there.

First you have a single saber...2-12 (or was it 16) damage +2 upgreade posible and +5 to attack if you have Master Dueling

Next, saberstaff.....2-16 damage, 2 upgreades possible (does the saber-staff damage count as hitting with each end? - i.e., 2-16 for each end of the sabre?)

And finaly, two sabers...2-12(16) each + 2 upgreades each, result in a deadly combo...far superior to all others..

Now...with the new two-handed uber-saber MOD, things are starting to look up, but the question is...should something be done to balance them better, especially the saber-staff?
Er, the double-bladed lightsaber's upgrades affect both blades, thus it's the same as having two sabers with identical upgrades, only its actually a tad bit better because its balanced as well, whereas the same method with a saber and shortsaber would produve slightly less damage, so technically, the double-bladed is superior (plus it lets you use HotG or MotF with two blades).

Kitty Kitty
02-07-2004, 02:23 AM
However, using two sabers not only allows you to (if you wish) use BOTH HotG and MotF crystals, but also gives you 4 possible upgrades instead of two, which allow for a more versatile pool of upgrades.

For example, you might want to configure the primary one for the max possible damage and/or insane criticals, while perhaps the other for more defensive bonuses like lots of stuns or bolt defelction capabilities etc.

So really, either has their advantages and disadvantages. Mostly just a matter of your own play style and which upgrades you prefer etc.

-Kitty

T7nowhere
02-07-2004, 02:35 AM
When you think about it the double blade should really have 5 slots sinse it is two sabers in one hilt.

I think bioware fixed the doubleblade in the 1.02 so the offhand gets -2 hit points.

edit : ya they did fix it
- Removed the +2 bonus to the offhand attack when wielding a balanced weapon in the offhand or when wielding a double bladed weapon.

Drakron
02-07-2004, 02:39 AM
No because its a lightstaff, not a "Maul is too stupid to build one and so glues two sabers to make one and hopes nobody notices it" lightsaber.

F-Bomb
02-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Personally, I like the dual saber approach. I like having a different set of upgrades. In my good hand, my saber is configured for high critical hits. In the off hand, my other saber is made to deliver stun.

I agree that in 1.01 the double saber is the current reigning champion as far as damage goes, but I think that the advantage of two different effects outweighs that.