PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Of The Dead


Darth Groovy
02-15-2004, 09:38 AM
A remake to one of my all time favorite horror films is coming soon!

Click here! (http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net/)

Thoughts, comments?

Astrotoy7
02-15-2004, 10:07 AM
whats with all these remakes, sequels or rip off of foreign films(eg. The Ring)... can't anyone come up with original material nowadays...... thats what really irks me about damn Hollywood...

MTFBWYA

ExcelsioN
02-15-2004, 10:14 AM
The first thing I saw when the site loaded up was:
'Join the Zombie Army'

*Runs off to enlist*

MysticSpade
02-15-2004, 03:25 PM
i saw a preview for this movie a llllooooonnnngggg time ago. i think it's funny it's just now gettin to come out. it was touching the nerve of soccermoms everywhere. i do believe it was s'posed to come out in 2000 originally.

but i do like what i've seen from it and i will go see it when it comes out.

IG-64
02-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
whats with all these remakes, sequels or rip off of foreign films(eg. The Ring)... can't anyone come up with original material nowadays...... thats what really irks me about damn Hollywood...

MTFBWYA

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000E32WJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
:p

•-BLaCKouT-•
02-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Hmm, I'll go and see Dawn of the Dead but I'll reserve judgement until then. The old-school one is one of my fave zombie films, but I liked the vibe that Resident Evil had going too, so we'll see.

IE- I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not going to get too hyped up ;) I've also got AvP to worry about too :p

B.

DarkLord60
02-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Dawn of th Dead nah who cares

dark jedi 8
02-16-2004, 03:33 PM
i seen the trailer while watching "the butterfly effect" which was also a great movie. but i can't wait till DotD comes out, it looks great!:cool:

KBell
02-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Dawn of the Dead was one of the best horror films I ever watched and I am definetly excited about this remake.:D

wassup
02-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Why do they have to make the zombies run? Why!? That just about takes away their only disadvantage...

IG-64
02-16-2004, 06:02 PM
... >_> ...

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like a loser?....

CapNColostomy
02-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Too bad someone doesn't just do the entire trilogy over...That would be sweet.

toms
02-17-2004, 12:44 PM
the problem i have with all these remakes isn't the remakes themselves... These are often terrible, but sometimes they are good.

The problem I have is that the mere fact there is a remake almost immediately devalues the originals in some way. Even if the remake fails to capture the spirit of the original, the mere fact it looks more recent and has a more modern style tends to automatically make the original look dated and highlight whatever flaws it has.

Frequently the remake tends to remove a lot of the enjoyment of watching the original, as you can't help but remember the slicker editing or better colour of the remake when watching the original.

The current trend seems to be to remake films by sticking in more action, more jokes and more young good looking people... which often makes the originals feel slow, but tends to rob the remakes of the style and feel that made the original special in the first place.

28 days later had "quick zombies" and quick editing, i expect this will be similar.

Darth Groovy
02-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
... >_> ...

Am I the only one that thinks I look like a loser?....

No. :xp:

IG-64
02-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
No. :xp:

...STFU

Orca Wail
02-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000E32WJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
:p

AAAARRRRGGHHH!!!
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!

*watches trailer*

...

NOT AGAIN!

*ducks Groovy, others, runs screaming from LucasForums*
:hatchrun:

Jared
02-18-2004, 06:21 PM
wow, that movies gonna flop.

Darth Groovy
02-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
...STFU

No. :xp:

DarkLord60
02-18-2004, 07:45 PM
well this thread went to crap.

dark jedi 8
02-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
well this thread went to crap.

fast.

TheHobGoblin
02-19-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by ExcelsioN
The first thing I saw when the site loaded up was:
'Join the Zombie Army'

*Runs off to enlist*

See you at the Resident Evil Mansion....


Originally posted by Orca Wail
AAAARRRRGGHHH!!!
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!

*watches trailer*

...

NOT AGAIN!

*ducks Groovy, others, runs screaming from LucasForums*
:hatchrun:


Man they killer is trying hard to reach him...
:p

disaster
04-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by KBell
Dawn of the Dead was one of the best horror films I ever watched and I am definetly excited about this remake.:D

i hope you werent excited after you saw it

whitedragon
04-04-2004, 10:11 PM
I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE SO FUC*ING BADLY

StormHammer
04-04-2004, 10:22 PM
As I've said before about remakes...they should trawl back through all the movies that were critical failures, and make them good. Instead they go back and sully the memory of the classics by reimagining them and adding whizz-bang special fx.

As for zombie movies, I have to say I don't really find them all that scary. The only zombies that come close to being scary are those I find in my own nightmares. If I could put some of my nightmares on film...they'd make your hair stand on end. Hehe. ;)

The_One
04-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
As I've said before about remakes...they should trawl back through all the movies that were critical failures, and make them good. Instead they go back and sully the memory of the classics by reimagining them and adding whizz-bang special fx.

As for zombie movies, I have to say I don't really find them all that scary. The only zombies that come close to being scary are those I find in my own nightmares. If I could put some of my nightmares on film...they'd make your hair stand on end. Hehe. ;)

I can imagine your beard manically twitching with fear.

As I've said before - your beard is an extension of your inner self, and Stormy has so brilliantly illustrated this for us.

Well done that man.

Arán
04-06-2004, 08:05 AM
*Watches th trailer*
Ohhh gives me the shivvvvers:p

Sivy
04-06-2004, 09:17 AM
i'm more interested in seeing, Shawn of the Dead.

http://uip.co.uk/romzom/


looks so funny :D