PDA

View Full Version : Hoth Bonus


garmbel
02-18-2004, 09:45 AM
I got a great idea, imperial officers can call in bombardments from imperial star destroyers, the rebels if they hold hoth 4 long enough can get an ion cannon to defend themselves against the destroyers wat u think

i hope this duel happens in the game :lsduel:

kc0neo
02-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by garmbel
I got a great idea, imperial officers can call in bombardments from imperial star destroyers, the rebels if they hold hoth 4 long enough can get an ion cannon to defend themselves against the destroyers wat u think

i hope this duel happens in the game :lsduel:

I have herd that this is already in the works. They did not say it was for the hoth mission but it could not be for anything else
:)

dark jedi 8
02-18-2004, 11:17 PM
i read this somewhere to, like the imperials getting the death star after holding endor, the rebels can use the ion cannon if they can hold hoth for a certian amount of time.

strompooper
02-19-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm hoping that Orbital Bombardment will be featured in the game somehow. If for no other reason than it would be extremely cool to rain fire from above on enemy (and friendly, let's face it they can't be 100% accurate) forces.

lukeiamyourdad
02-19-2004, 08:19 PM
I just hope it isn't as unbalanced as the bombardment from Wolf:ET...

Alegis
02-19-2004, 08:30 PM
I don't find it unbalanced (and no, i'm not a field ops) if friendly fire is on (and you dont play on 25v25 servers)

once in a while big bombardments would be fun, imagine running trough a field and get huge explosions inches from your toes

lukeiamyourdad
02-19-2004, 10:39 PM
You can spaw camp with the bombardment and that's unbalanced.

kc0neo
02-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
You can spaw camp with the bombardment and that's unbalanced.

True, but if you work it out you can usally rush them and get the job done.

Mountainforest
03-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I read in one of the previeuws that the imperial officier would be able to call in air strikes.:rolleyes:

Thrawn
03-08-2004, 09:35 PM
I don't think it will be unbalanced because such special abilities will probobly be very restricted, either by a time limit/recharge rate, or only being able to use a special ability once per map. I guess it could also be a server setting.

Mountainforest
03-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I don't think it would be very unbalanced, a player always changes place.

lukeiamyourdad
03-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Obviously, you people haven't played as much Wolf:ET as I did.

Alegis
03-09-2004, 08:33 PM
I play it a lot and the bombardements hardly annoy me, but i play on friendly fire servers though

StormHammer
03-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
You can spaw camp with the bombardment and that's unbalanced.

I tend to agree. It can get quite annoying sometimes, so measures to minimise abuse would be most welcome.

jokemaster
03-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I tend to agree. It can get quite annoying sometimes, so measures to minimise abuse would be most welcome.
Yeah, the recharge time should be like 2 minutes more than the respawn time.

Mountainforest
03-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Obviously, you people haven't played as much Wolf:ET as I did.

Obviously this game won't be Eolf:ET