PDA

View Full Version : If You Are Going To Play Online Come Here.

pink lightsaber
02-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Since mo;st of us are going to get the game and will mostly be playing on-line. I think we should get to know each other better.So that we can stay in touch and/or know who we are screaming at.
I'll go first...
My name is Randy Marshall I am male and live in Las Vegas,NV.
Right now my hobbies are waiting here for the game to come out.
I also like swimming though. Also when I get the name it will be the same as mine here.

I just wanted to know you guys.

:D

pink lightsaber
02-18-2004, 11:54 PM
I guess nobody wants to. Well i need more peeps come on.

Wai_TungLeung
02-19-2004, 01:19 AM
You are right in trying to get the community spirit going. I use to be a member of the Offical Star Wars Galaxies forum and that was quite a community. But since everything has fallen apart due to those people at sony, I guess I will need to find a community here.

My name is Wai-Tung Leung, probably a male and live happily in England. I only hobby I have at the moment is playing my guitar because the homework is too much for me. I love rock music so if any of you solely like urban music I will frown but won't say anything (not loud at least).

pink lightsaber
02-19-2004, 02:00 AM
this might seem odd but why did you put you might be male.

VanLingo
02-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Sup, I'm Van Lingo (real name James), and I live in Texas.

I will be playing almost all of my time online. I'm a SOCOM / Star Wars junkie, and this game is my dream come true.
I'm so pumped I already have plans for a team.

Click for my SOCOM team site (http://faction5.netfirms.com)

Click for my Star Wars Battlefront team site (http://swbattlefront.netfirms.com)

-- Lingo

pink lightsaber
02-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Awsome

(Goes to join team):D

Alegis
02-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Real name; Alex, 15. born in the usa, live in belgium since i was 3 (family is belgian and parents shortly lived in California). Hobbies; chess,pc,piano

ExcelsioN
02-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey all, my real name is James, I live in London, and I'm 14 in just over a week. :D

lukeiamyourdad
02-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi I'm lukeiamyourdad, also called Luke's dad and my friends call me Viety(and I'm Vietnamese, no kidding).

I've been in LF for over a year and a half now and still having fun. I'm a native of GB.com
I'm a Star Wars fan(obviously) and am proud to say that I have seen the Original Trilogy over 40 times...(hey not so bad in 17 years).
Right now I'm stuck playing KotOR for the tenth time and spending the rest reading webcomics, playing BF1942 and looking for a girlfriend(yes I'm still looking *cries* They all like me but I'm just not boyfriend material*cries even more*).

I'm also a soccer/football addict. I play soccer all the damn time. Every day of the week. Seriously.

I live in Montréal, Québec and am proud to be part of one of the most heartwarming country and province in the world!

pink lightsaber
02-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey Lingo nice site. If you need any help you can count on me.
:p

VanLingo
02-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Thank you for the compliment.

-- Lingo

dj_raider
02-20-2004, 05:16 PM
My name is Philip, I'm from Denmark... and I'm gonna kick all ya' arses! j/k :p

Thrawn
02-20-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm Scott, 18 years old going to school at UMCP. History and Secondary Education double major.

Been a Star Wars fan since before I can remember and can't wait for the game:)

Started out waaaay back in '99 at the XWA forums. Used to have 4500 posts or so, but after a long period of inactivity my post count was reset *sniff*

Also help run a website at www.thewiseguys.tk
Drop buy and say hello!

Samnmax221
02-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Don't post twice in a row combine into one post if you need to add some thing

pink lightsaber
02-24-2004, 12:37 AM
come on need more people.:p

lukeiamyourdad
02-24-2004, 03:37 AM
Ther are more people. They're just shy I guess... Come on this kind of thread worked very well down at SWK.net...come on people...a little effort...

Dr.Davidson
02-25-2004, 06:47 PM
real name sebastian lehmann, born near cologne (germany) in 1986. hobbys: rpg, loud rockin music, pc (rpg, 3d-action, esp. tactics, strategy; esp. Baldurs Gate II [best rpg ever], ut2k3 +2k4demo, battlefield vietnam, warcraft 3 [though still noob there]).
some nice photos:
pic 1 (http://www.scifi.pages.at/drdavidson/cfa/2.jpg)
pic 2 (http://www.scifi.pages.at/drdavidson/cfa/1.jpg)

im gonna play sw:bf online AOAP, and i had hoped to get a clan with my mates, but they seem not to be very interested... so its now a one-man-clan... :P
[RHS] - Red Hand Squadron rocks! :D

Mountainforest
02-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Hello, I'm Jasper Woudenberg from Holand and I'm 15 years old. My friend and I are planning to play the game online together when it is in stores. Hopefully there will be a demo soon so we can start playing!:)

lukeiamyourdad
02-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Davidson

pic 2 (http://www.scifi.pages.at/drdavidson/cfa/1.jpg)

Dude put a shirt on man! ;)

DemonKing
02-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I second the motion! That was a nasty shock!

The DemonKing is an ancient, withered thing of 32 years. Born in the timeless dreamland of Oz, he now resides with his wife-to-be in Frankfurt, Germany. And compared to Oz - it's fricking cold!

Currently teaching English as a second language to poor unfortunate drones from sector 7G at Deutsche Bank. In previous incarnations, he has worked as a secondary school teacher, petrol shop attendant, computer sales assistant, DJ, department manager at a city council, museum curator and power-mad despot of the outer rim worlds.

One of my earliest memories was watching that big 'ol star destroyer cruise into the screen as it rumbled and shook with the awesome SW sound effects when I was but 7 years old.

And guess what kiddies -when I first saw SW at the cinema - Han Shot First!

Curse you Lucas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Davidson
02-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

*lol* uh, ive already been told that the towel was disturbing... :D

just saw someone advertising homepages. here is mine ! :D (only german, sorry.)
www.wahre.erkenntnisse.de.vu (http://www.wahre.erkenntnisse.de.vu)

Darth Davio
03-01-2004, 01:01 PM
[im very new to forums and its good 2 be here very cool loookin game im getting it on PC it will have the best online features.:fett:

Darth Davio
03-01-2004, 01:04 PM
im gonna definitely be the clone army they look really cool and they will have the best vehcials like the republike gunship. im only 13 but dont u underestimate me!
:deathstar :deathii:
:bdroid2:

Dr.Davidson
03-01-2004, 01:41 PM
im not sure if this belong here... first post should be in the "which version are you going to buy? xbox? ..."-thread, second should go to "where will your allegiance lie?". AFAIK this thread is only to introduce ourselves... :P

and...
Originally posted by Darth Davio
[...] im only 13 but dont u underestimate me!

so are you sure you are allowed to play it? or do you have other laws where you live? :eek: (dont wanna get you into trouble... so just tell me to shut up if you got some... sry - was just wondering.)

lukeiamyourdad
03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
In Germany you aren't allowed to play if you're only 13?

Here you can buy play do whatever you want. The rating is only for the parents. Besides we aren't really violent here in Québec. It's not like Texas or anything...

Dr.Davidson
03-01-2004, 05:04 PM
of course the rating is only for the parents - for the kids a game they wouldnt be allowed to play is just even more interesting. (and i suppose that this is not only in germany) :P
and since this game's gonna be a 3d-action-shooter, i suppose it will get a 16 or 18... its quite strict in germany, though i think its alright about it. (cuz im 18. :D)
i dunno... how was JA rated in canada? in germany it got a 16... just to compare...

techmedic007
03-01-2004, 10:13 PM
My name is Mark.

I live in Rochester NY. I own my own business. Im a network architect, and cable systems installer, for a good part of NY and the northeast.

My hobbies are Computers, Gaming,Ham Radio, Starwars (games, novels and some collectables..mostly expanded universe).

Ill be getting SW:BF for PC and Xbox.

Nice to meet you all :D

lukeiamyourdad
03-01-2004, 11:52 PM
JA was rated "Teen" for violence. The problem is "Teen" can go from 13+ up to 16+ which makes it quite unclear whether it's 13+ or 16+. We do know that a game rated "M" is for 18+ only.

But I guess JA would be a 13+ here.

VanLingo
03-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Actually, Mature is for 17+
The rating for 18+ is Adults only

-- Lingo

ExcelsioN
03-02-2004, 04:31 PM
In the UK we only have 7+, 12+, 16+ and the very rare 18+. I'm only 14, but my parents don't care whether I play 18 rated games or not.

I'm 14 in just over a week

And I need to change that to I am 14.

lukeiamyourdad
03-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Do they have a big violence problem in Germany like they do in the US? Last I've heard it wasn't so bad, at least the problem is of equal amplitude in Canada and in Europe. I wonder why they would enforce it more carefully then in the US with their 11 000 murders per year...

Dr.Davidson
03-02-2004, 05:04 PM
no we dont have a big problem about violence. i was just wondering if his parents would allow him to play, cuz i know some ppl who werent allowed by their parents to play 16+ games though they are 18...
since my parents allow me what i wish as long as i dont exaggerate, i shalt not care. furthermore, this discussion doesnt really belong to this thread. thus, this discussion is hereby CLOSED. any further questions may come to a new thread or by PMs. thanks. :P

Hermie
03-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Ive already posted in one of these threads, and that should be enough. youll find it if you dig a bit in the sliced taun...

lukeiamyourdad
03-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Eh, if you knew LF a bit more you'll know that every thread becomes off-topic or dies.

Wai_TungLeung
03-02-2004, 11:42 PM
I'll show just how the thread can go off-topic.

There is probably a good reason why Germany doesn't allow violent games for those of a certain age.

Have a nice time being 14 ExcelsioN. And watch out for those dam spots. :eek:

"this might seem odd but why did you put you might be male."

It's called poor humour.

lukeiamyourdad
03-03-2004, 03:13 AM
har har, what a lousy stereotype...germans and nazis...

Dr.Davidson
03-03-2004, 12:54 PM
gnar. not all germans are nazis, and i daresay most of us are ANTI-nazis, so more or less punk. -.-
i had been hoping that some states had lost their prejudices against germany ... at all after almost 70 years. :swear:

edit and during the 1930s all people were black and white. OMG.

Wai_TungLeung
03-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Don't worry about my poor humour, you'll get use to it. Anyway there is always the ignore list feature ;)

italegion
03-07-2004, 10:58 AM
i am from Rome, 26, study and work here. SW fan of course.. :)
i really enjoy multiplayer games; my nick will be italegion.

my photo (http://www.angelfire.com/film/armor/meandarmor.jpg)
(next time that camera will be a blaster and will blasterize you! ):D

on the planet Tatooine photo (http://www.angelfire.com/film/armor/desert-storm.jpg)

and that's me while testing my blaster (http://www.angelfire.com/film/armor/storm3b.avi) (avi video 2.9mb)

Boba Rhett
03-07-2004, 11:31 AM
That's so cool. :D

lukeiamyourdad
03-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I want a stormtrooper costume!!!:trooper:

MASTER_MUNK
03-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Hi. I m MASTER_MUNK (Andy) from America. My jedi knight acdemy name is MASTER_MUNK so if anyone has it search me up and i also play runescape and am blizzard523. Just saying hi and can't wait for battlefront to come out.

-MASTER_MUNK:) :) :lsduel: o yeah i m :chewie: on jka or a green :wookiee:.

dark jedi 8
03-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi, names james, 17, live in Ohio, U.S. and cant wait to play battlefront on xbox live!:D

oback
03-08-2004, 01:59 AM
HOwdy! im a male from minnesota, usa. my names matt, but everyone calls me The KANDY! but ive been a star wars fan sence i could remember... its a big part of my life. And i cant wait for this game to come out!! been dreaming of a game like this for my hole life. but when im not lookin at info on games i play football, work on my car (eclipse) and i love rap music

Mountainforest
03-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Where can you get that storm trooper costume?

McCusto
03-11-2004, 03:28 AM
You rang? Well of course I am going to play online heck if I could hey maybe I will make a server

pink lightsaber
03-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Wow we have a big crownd here but if anyone else is here feel free to post.NOW!!!:p

_OUT_

sosus
03-12-2004, 11:17 AM
my name is chris and I work for the real Empire (Federal Government). I live in Las Vegas.

And to all the people who say we have a violence problem in the US, Shut up. Hey you live in Canada right? Do a search on Paul Bernardo, Carla Holmolka. They were canadian and Killers. No need to put down other peoples countries in these forums. We should leave Nationalism @ the Door.

pink lightsaber
03-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by sosus
my name is chris and I work for the real Empire (Federal Government). I live in Las Vegas.

Hey I live in Vegas too.:cool:

dark jedi 8
03-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by jasperw
Where can you get that storm trooper costume?

try ebay. or you can make one.:cool:

lukeiamyourdad
03-13-2004, 12:26 AM
And to all the people who say we have a violence problem in the US, Shut up. Hey you live in Canada right? Do a search on Paul Bernardo, Carla Holmolka. They were canadian and Killers. No need to put down other peoples countries in these forums. We should leave Nationalism @ the Door.

Never said we didn't have one. We just don't have 11 000 murders by firearm. And this is by firearms only, putting aside all the rest. There's violence everywhere but out of the the major western countries, you guys have the worst. Germany which has a waaaayyyy more brutal history then you guys do doesn't have as many as you do. Actually, if you add the number of murders from France, Germany, England and Canada, you don't even have half America's number.

sosus
03-13-2004, 10:06 AM
lets compare populations:

Canada- 31 million people

Germany 89 million people

France 59 million people

United States 280 million people

Now isnt it logical that having a larger population means that there are going to be more of Anything, when speaking about stats.

sosus
03-13-2004, 10:08 AM
and your obviously one of those gun control freaks. Canada is a breeding ground for terrorists. You people have such lax immigration policy. We've caught many terrorists trying to get into US from canada.

Dr.Davidson
03-13-2004, 10:42 AM
uh, now its getting interesting.
*goes to fetch some popcorn and a comfortable seat*
in case you didnt notice yet: both of you act like two little kids. (yawp i also know im acting as if i was your dad. o.O) but if you like it... i've got my popcorn. -.-

italegion
03-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Pls we should talk about the topic, or this thread will be lost..

pink lightsaber
03-13-2004, 02:05 PM
yes don't hurt my little thread it was one of my firsts.:(

sosus
03-13-2004, 04:32 PM
I have no intention of hijacking this thread. We should not talk about Countries here but since the other person put mine down first I felt I had to reply.

sosus
03-13-2004, 04:33 PM
What part of town you live in pinky, I live near unlv

pink lightsaber
03-13-2004, 04:42 PM
i live around lamb and charlston

lukeiamyourdad
03-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I have no intention of hijacking this thread. We should not talk about Countries here but since the other person put mine down first I felt I had to reply.

I'm not the first one to put down the US...

France+Germany+Canada= 1500 murders by firearm per year.

Total Population= 179 million

US population= 280 million

280 million/179 million = 1.56424581

If all three countries had the same population as the US the amount of murders would be:

1500x1.56424581=2 346.3687.15

This is not an exact number but It should be around this maybe a few hundred murders higher.

And having so many terrorists helps us NOT being attacked by them. They'll hit their own guys and their safe haven across the frontier.

By the way, I don't let myself put down neither.

sosus
03-14-2004, 12:12 AM
What have you got against the United States? I sense much anger in you. YOu dont like our constitution do you? Admit you hate the united states and then lets drop this. I cant believe no one else is offended by you and your blantant anti americanism. If you hate the US why are you on this site?? It is most likely hosted in the US, created by a US citizen, and about a US product (the game). DOnt play the game either, its an american product. Dont watch the movies, they are products of america. Are you jealous of america because we are so much more powerful than canada? Why do you care about crime in america? And I wouldny brag about having terrorists living in canada. What happens here will definetely affect you. If our economy collapses due to a terrorists attack your will definetely be severely hurt.

Next time you want to open your mouth and talk about and offend others countries on a star wars forum, dont. Just stick with star wars. I am here to talk about the game and movies, not hear some hater put down my county.

BTW, anyone else, when does this game come out and is there a republic commando forum that you know about?

lukeiamyourdad
03-14-2004, 12:43 AM
The United States Embassy modified a street for their own use without asking the City of Ottawa in the first place.

After 9/11, the US ambassador claimed that we were America's best friend. After a cow was diagnosed with the Mad Cow disease, the United States openly started pointing fingers instead of finding a way to stop the problem. Best friend...

I have nothing against your constitution or most of your people. I just hate it when people think their country has no flaws whatsoever.

I did not insult any country, it's a fact, the US has a violence problem. If I mentionned that the US never was the victim of a terrorist attack and had no reason to kick the Taliban's asses, then I would be offending the country. As a matter of fact, I was FOR the war in Afghanistan.

And please, do not use the jealousy argument. It's the worst of them all. It's total BS.
I would rather live here, in Canada, because we are so much more open-minded and we have no enemy whatsoever. Nobody cares about us so we live in peace. If we were the most powerful and influent country in the world, we would get the problems, which personally I don't want.

Canada has its flaws and so does every other country in the world. Admitting their existence is the first step in removing them.

lukeiamyourdad
03-14-2004, 12:46 AM
I don't think there's a Republic Commando forum yet. Better ask an Admin. Swoosh was talking about it some time ago I think.

Glacius1
03-14-2004, 04:37 AM
Im a little late coming to this thread, but anyway. Im Glacius, from Glaciville, Im 21 (22 in June) and a painter by trade. Right now Im putting every cent Im making into an account so I can buy a bad ass computer for SWBF. That and get broadband internet.

This is the game I have been waiting for all my gaming life I think. When I got BF42, It was everything I wanted, apart from what I thought was sluggish handling and response, and it wasnt Star wars. It passes my 3 point test, big maps, vehicles, and soldier classes. It also sounds even better because its based on the grunts, and not jedi.

I cant wait for it, and if its as good as it looks, then this will be the only game I need. I will be the rebel scout capping your ass.
See you on the battlefield.

Oh, SWBF is set for release in Fall sosus, along with Republic Commando:)

sosus
03-14-2004, 07:47 AM
thanks. and wheres glaciville?

Im curious as to who is going to be playing on what system, PC, XbOX , PS2? Ill be XBOX and XBOX live. gamertag human151

Glacius1
03-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Heh, sorry man, I was just foolin around, Im actually in australia. You know, Glacius from Glaciville, using my name for the location:p Was just havin a joke:)

italegion
03-15-2004, 01:11 AM
so many people from so many countries.. Australia, Canada, USA, Italy, Germany... so great that a game can make us meet in this virtual space. :)

lukeiamyourdad
03-15-2004, 02:13 AM
You got to give some credits to LucasForums 'cause without them we wouldn't be here you know :p

Well, I've done enough ass kissing for a night.

Owen Conway
03-16-2004, 04:20 AM
I'll be playing online. With the PC version. I'm also looking into expanding our guild to Star Wars Battlefront.

tFighterPilot
03-19-2004, 12:32 PM
My real name is Asaf, and I live in Rishon Lezion, Israel

I'm 16, and my hobbies are around my computer.

That's me (http://server5.uploadit.org/files/tFighterPilot-truegeek.jpg)

italegion
03-19-2004, 05:27 PM
welcome on board young jedi!

lukeiamyourdad
03-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Yes welcome! By the way, you have beautiful eyes;)

Chris Anne
03-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Hi, I'm new here. My name is Chris Anne and I live in New York. I love science fiction and horror movies. I'm a big fan of "Star Wars", "Star Trek" and "Babylon 5". Yes, believe it or not, some of us girls do dig this stuff :) . I am looking forward to playing "Star Wars Battlefront" on my PC. Since I usually root for the bad guys in "Star Wars" , I'll either be on the Imperial Army team or Droid Army team when the game comes out.

Mark my words, the rebellion will be crushed. :devburn:

lukeiamyourdad
03-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Hello welcome to the LucasForums errr forums :D

It's good to have some women alongside us guys...it kinda feels like prison after a while...I'm scared of dropping my soap :p

Mountainforest
03-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Will the game in stores at the same time all over the world?

tFighterPilot
03-20-2004, 06:02 PM
I damn hope so...

Mountainforest
03-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Otherwise players from other counties already have a head start.

lukeiamyourdad
03-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Don't worry, there's usually only a few days delay between the North American release and the European one.

tFighterPilot
03-22-2004, 10:17 AM
I just wonder how much time till it gets here...

I guess I'm gonna...

I'm not gonna say it

BravePatriot
03-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Name is Jared.

I live in Texas and I am 27 yrs old, and I plan on getting the PC version of this game. I currently play Desert Combat and Galactic Conquest (BF1942).

Mountainforest
03-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Is there also a galactic conquest in battlefield 1942? Isn't the game playing in the year 1942? :p or is it some mod?

lukeiamyourdad
03-22-2004, 09:07 PM
It's a Star Wars mod for BF1942

www.galatic-conquest.net

It's laggy and most of the maps are annoying at the exception of one. It's a good mod nevertheless.

Eagle Warrior
03-23-2004, 05:05 PM
hi i am from michigan and i am 15 years old. i definitally will be playing online. i love multiplayer games.

(is it possible to start a clan of some sort like the __vs the __ in kind of a clan war?:mob:

tFighterPilot
03-23-2004, 05:19 PM
I HATE CLANS!

Dr.Davidson
03-23-2004, 05:23 PM
uh, clans are somewhat fine. i tried to make up a clan tiwce yet but none of my mates wanted to join - so its a one-man clan... :/

Eagle Warrior
03-23-2004, 05:23 PM
what is the problem with clans? :bdroid2:

Eagle Warrior
03-23-2004, 05:25 PM
well it is hard to make a clan. when i play age of empires the conqures i see people always trying to make clans and failing. you just got to have benifits like a web page or something ;)

Mountainforest
03-23-2004, 05:42 PM
A brother of mine is a real good Halo player. He put GH (or something like that) for his name, and from that point, people asked if they could join his clan!

lukeiamyourdad
03-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
I HATE CLANS!

AMEN! Sometimes, they can be so annoying...

I usually play solo or with a friend or two. Going solo is much better!

Huntsman
03-24-2004, 02:35 AM
I'm Michael. I live in New Jersey and am 28.

My interests in gaming include RPGs like Baldurs Gate, the Mechwarrior series of games, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Battlefield 1942 and the mod for it, Desert Combat. I'm currently playing Battlefield Vietnam.

Outside of PC gaming I enjoy paintball, tabletop RPGs and long strolls on the beach :-P

lukeiamyourdad, well said back on the 14th BTW. I know it's a bit late to comment but I could not have said it better myself...well maybe slightly better but babg up job anyway ;)

I don't understand the dislike for clan however. Most have a dim view of kiddy clans I think and they are largly the ones that create the bad rep. I realize the age bracket is a bit younger in this forum so I will try not too be too insulting (most player of the battlefield games are in their mid-20s so this is an adjustment) however most clans formed of mainly teenagers or younger tend (on average) to be on the immature side and filled with greifers of all sorts.

I belong to a team for the Battlefield games and we have attempted to allow those under 18 to join. However, more often than not we have to remove them for either acting poorly towards another team, cheating, exploiting, or just generally acting like a smacktard...basically behaving in a way that reflected poorly on our team as a whole. I think we have two players currently on our team who have proven mature enough to play with the rest of us who are aged between 19 and 47.

Anyway, a mentally mature team is an asset, not a bane, on the community. It also raises the bar if play. In a game like Battlefield 1942, Desert Combat or BF Vietnam, where gameplay is particularly tactical, a clan with good teamwork and communications skills (headsets) will decimate an unorganized opponent. Games such as these ARE MADE TO BE PLAYED as a team. You aren't getting everything out of the game if you are not. For those of you that have not played the Battlefield games, I feel very strongly that Battlefront will be the same in this regard.

By the way guys, there is a program called xfire. IF you all want to game together, even iof not as a clan, I would suggest downloading this. It makes it easier to find and join the servers your buddies are on. It's basically an instant messanger for gamers :-)

Dr.Davidson
03-24-2004, 06:45 AM
completely agree, just hadnt felt like typing this whole text.

and btw, also playing bfv every free minute...

Eagle Warrior
03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
if you have a clan you can test them in a battle and have loyal teammates. if you can get a clan like that then you will be able to set up ambushes, offensives, tell them to stay here "if your the leader of it or sencond or third" and other stuff. work together and you will be succesful. run around and separate and you will die:mob:

Huntsman
03-24-2004, 06:22 PM
completely agree, just hadnt felt like typing this whole text.

and btw, also playing bfv every free minute...

Roger That!

;)

Connect to xfire and join me in a game sometime. I get online by 10:30 PM EST.

Huntsman
03-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Warrior
if you have a clan you can test them in a battle and have loyal teammates. if you can get a clan like that then you will be able to set up ambushes, offensives, tell them to stay here "if your the leader of it or sencond or third" and other stuff. work together and you will be succesful. run around and separate and you will die:mob:

Yes, teamwork such as this is important based on what Battlefront will likely be like. Capping and maintaining various control points with a combination of infantry, ground vehicles, air vehicles and fire support takes a lot of coordination.

Also, yall will be screaming for a clan after you start seeing people who can't fly camping air vehicles just to crash them into mountainsides, swandering your team's resources, teamkilling, and those dopes that will take off in a vehicle that can hold half a dozen guys all by himself.

Also, no one player can win in a game like this. I don't care how good you are individually, this IS NOT UT!!!! I have seen games where one team would have twice the kills as the other team, yet the other team won the match. Why? Teamwork! They were less interested in personal kills and more interested in winning.

T1nman33
03-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Hey all, my name is Mark. I'm 26, I live in Washington DC, and I'm a software engineer.

I hung out at the Star Wars Galaxies forums for a long time before the game was released, and even participated in Beta 3. But, the game just didn't really live up to everything it could have been--my personal feeling is that MMOs that are built around existing licenses with existing histories are bound to get boring pretty quickly, because all the "coolest" stuff in the galaxy has already been established. For example, no matter how "uber" your Jedi character becomes in SWG, you could never kill Darth Vader, because the continuity won't allow it. Contrast that with an open-ended fiction where it hasn't been determined what or who are the great feats, or most powerful enemies--like EQ, for example--and I think the open-ended format works better.

So, I'm really excited to be able to grab a blaster pistol and recreate some of the best battles from the Star Wars mythos in style. I just picked up UT2K4 and am an Onslaught junkie, and I've been playing FPSes since Wolfenstein 3D and playing online FPSes since the original Quake.

Greetings to everybody!

Dr.Davidson
03-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Huntsman
Roger That!
;)
Connect to xfire and join me in a game sometime. I get online by 10:30 PM EST.

alrite, will come somewhen.

lukeiamyourdad
03-25-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Huntsman
lukeiamyourdad, well said back on the 14th BTW. I know it's a bit late to comment but I could not have said it better myself...well maybe slightly better but babg up job anyway ;)

Hmmm what id I say back on the 14?

Huntsman
03-25-2004, 05:52 AM
Well, on this thread between 3-12 and 3-14. I ain't gonna tell ya. Scan back to page 2 ya lazy assed bastige! :p

Dr.Davidson
03-25-2004, 05:51 PM
btw... how will your nick in the game be/ how is your nick in the games you yet play? just so that we dont pass on by each other...

my name is Dr.Davidson @ almost every game i play, but in baldurs gate 2 im Shalazzar, yet i dont play it online most of the time...

Mountainforest
03-25-2004, 07:13 PM
I'd like to thank pink lightsaber for opening this thread. It was a real good idea!

lukeiamyourdad
03-26-2004, 01:53 AM
My name on the Net is usually Dark Cross(because of my black crosshair. If you can't change your crosshair color to black in the game I will be very unhappy:mad: ).
That, Viety or lukeiamyourdad. But usually Dark Cross.

Huntsman
03-26-2004, 02:02 AM
btw... how will your nick in the game be/ how is your nick in the games you yet play? just so that we dont pass on by each other...

my name is Dr.Davidson @ almost every game i play, but in baldurs gate 2 im Shalazzar, yet i dont play it online most of the time...

I will probably remain Huntsman but I am known by many names.

- Huntsman the Headless Thompson Gunner (WW2 shooters)

- Not The Face!

- Dire_Griffon (Mechwarrior 4 handle)

Chris Anne
03-26-2004, 07:21 AM

I usually go by the name Chick With a Gun in a multiplayer game. And sometimes I use my real name Chris Anne . If you're playing the PC version of Star Wars Battlefront then you will be seeing me. :)

Eagle Warrior
03-26-2004, 03:24 PM
i will be known as Elite Eagle Warrior and i will be playing pc

see you online:p

:naboo: :atat:

anubiswrath
03-31-2004, 06:16 PM
I will be known as deity or anubis and will b playin ps2 version.

im josh and live in england by da way ;):p

Mountainforest
03-31-2004, 07:15 PM
I will call myself mounatinforest (my real name is woudenberg, dutch people will know how i changed it) and I will play the game on the PC

pink lightsaber
03-31-2004, 11:06 PM
yeah i think i have made the biggest thread on this forum so far. MY purpose has been completed i can finally be put to rest.(dies):(
I'm back
:cool:

Ewok Homie
04-01-2004, 01:59 AM
Hey im 14 and ill be playing on the PS2, or xbox since my family uses mac's. I live in San Diego California! I'm looking forward to charging through dozens of explosions and laser fire from the opposing team . :cool:

Ewok Homie
04-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Oh yeah and i like to snowboard, paintball, swim, bike and playing console games.

Gukkjo
04-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Hello, I'm 16 and from Michigan and I just learned about this game a few days ago and I'm really excited for it. I have played Star wars Galaxies, I was really excited for that to come out too, but it turned out dissappointing. It's a good game, but gets boring fast. Since my SWG character is geared towards combat and I like to kill the rebels, I figured I would drop SWG and go right for the straight combat of SWBattlefront. My nick will be Gukkjo because that is my SWG character name and I like it.
Have a nice day. :wavey:

Cooladude
04-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi, I'm from B.C. Canada and i'm 16. I've never been on a froum before, and have never played a team game other than SC. I look forward to seeing all who have chosen the PC. MY Screen name will either be MIB16(the number changes to my age) or something that ends in the accent "é".

Can't wait to play
:mob:

And i think that SW rules above all else, including Homework.
:violin:

(>'.')>-Seeya

ist
04-07-2004, 02:56 AM
my name is ist, for imperial scout trooper, from the usa. will be playing battlefront on a ps2 most likely.

VanLingo
04-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Hey, all --

A lot of you have seen me around, but I never really gave an intro.

My game name is Van Lingo, I'm 21 and from Beaumont, Texas, and I will be running a clan!
Ack, I know some of you despise clans, but SOCOM 2 wouldn't be the same without them, so I'm carrying over.

-- Lingo

BTW: I am taking apps. Ah! *ducks flying X-Box controllers*

pink lightsaber
04-07-2004, 10:29 PM
hey van lingo what version will you be playing cause if its the xbox i might apply for the clan(flinches) I get bored really fast when i'm alone.:(

dark jedi 8
04-08-2004, 11:22 PM
^ same here.:cool:

LukeKatarn
04-09-2004, 10:48 PM
All you need to know is when I play online I am LukeKatarn.

italegion
04-09-2004, 11:17 PM
i will be known as "italegion" or "tk-ita"

Glboricua
04-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Hey, wutsup? My real name i Gabriel Lopez, I'm a guy from Puerto Rico. I'm 16 but will be 17 when SWBF come out. Hobbies are: PS2, Tribes:AA on PS2, and SOCOM.........that's all I can think of.... Screen name will be the same as here and I hope to play and frag with some of you, hehehe. :-)

Mountainforest
04-19-2004, 11:10 AM
This thread needs to be a little more upwards.
I've seen a lot of new people who didn't post here, and maybe like to.
And of course those people liked to read about others too.

Gukkjo
04-19-2004, 08:49 PM
maybe we can get this "stuck" at the top if the forum?

pink lightsaber
04-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I didn't know this thread was so popular. Yeah!!!!!!!!!

slapshot16
04-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Hey I'm playing the xbox version,(yay go xbox) I already have a JKJA clan and were switching over when BF comes out. Like to play guitar, basketball, guitar, watch movies, play guitar, and ummm i like to play guitar. But my gamertag's JET15. (olderbro picked it lol). Recently I just got this hook of playing Tribes2. Name on the is lostpunkrocker66. but cy'all on the battlefield

BTW i really really really like this smiley.
:mob:

GlobalStrike
04-25-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm gonna play either pc or xbox since i don't have ps2. My on-line name will probably be my forum name here, GlobalStrike.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like these Jawas :jawa :jawa ;)

Isair
04-28-2004, 12:17 AM
For me, it'll definitly be the PC, since I don't own PS2 and since it would cost me to play on my Xbox on-line.

GlobalStrike
04-28-2004, 01:19 AM
I'll be going xbox all the way , baby. :jawa :jawa

Gukkjo
04-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm going to play on PC because I dopn't have a PS2 or an Xbox! but I wish I did, because my computer sucks.

pink lightsaber
04-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by GlobalStrike
I'll be going xbox all the way , baby. :jawa :jawa

Yeah *gives globalstrike a high five*. Go Xbox. ( I have one now, if you like at preveious posts I didn't). Anyway Globalstrike will you be playing online. If so what is your gamertag. I don't have live yet but will in a while and my gamertag will be "headnoodle".:D

GlobalStrike
05-01-2004, 01:47 AM
I do hope to play online pinklightsaber. But what is a gamertag? Do you mean my online name? :jawa :jawa

pink lightsaber
05-01-2004, 11:24 AM
yes when you make an account with xbox live you choose you gamertag. Mine as seen above will be something like headnoodle.shock1

GlobalStrike
05-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Mine will probably be GlobalStrike. :jawa :jawa