PDA

View Full Version : 8th standard civ for SWGB2

Darth Windu
02-19-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone. As you will all know, in my template there are eight normal civs, these being
- Confederacy
- Empire
- Republic
- Hutts
- Rebels
- Naboo
- Federation
- Wookiees

However, since the poll about whether the Wookiees should be a playable civ or a minor civ in 'Conquer the Galaxy', i have decided that it would be best to leave the Wookiees out as a Minor Civ. This of course means that i have to add another civ to make up the loss. Before you decide on what you want, just remember that the
- Gungans are part of the Naboo
- Mon Calamari are part of the Rebels

So the question is, what civ would you want to replace the Wookiees?

Admiral Vostok
02-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Split up the Gungans and Naboo, for the love of the Force.

Darth Windu
02-19-2004, 10:01 AM
No. As i've already explained, there are very good realism and gameplay reasons as to why i merged the Royal Naboo and Gungans. I didn't do it just for the fun of it.

lukeiamyourdad
02-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Stop that stupid debate we've had enough of it. Let's just answer Windu's question on this.

Either let the Wookiee in or split the Naboo and the Gungan:p. Or leave it as it is. Only 7 civs.

Sithmaster_821
02-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Why must you have eight civs? I vote for not only not including a civ, but for taking out some of the pissant ones.

Darth Windu
02-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Well, i feel that 8 normal civs is a good number to cover any film senario's people might want to create while still keeping good gameplay and balance.

swphreak
02-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Yuuzhan Vong...

*runs*

Sithmaster_821
02-28-2004, 01:41 AM
You better run........

Windu, I think that, with enough scenerio box units, you don't really need more than 5-6 civs, and that helps drastically with the civ variety and balancing. You have no idea how much just a single civ can throw off a balanced game.

Darth Windu
02-28-2004, 01:51 AM
Phreak - for the last time, the Vong are a bonus civ!

DarthMuffin
02-28-2004, 03:44 PM
I agree again with Sith.

Why do you want 8 civs so badly? We both know that LA will do what they want, and they will either go the stupid way with 10+ ( la RoN/AoE) or the smart way with 4-6 (like most good games on the market (WC3, SC, aom ).

And I still think that keeping the Hutts is a really bad idea.

Sithmaster_821
02-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Wow, Darth, we get more similar everyday. I was going to suggest dropping the Hutts as well.

lukeiamyourdad
02-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Sithmaster_821
Wow, Darth, we get more similar everyday.

The end of the world must be coming...

Darth Windu
02-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Too bad girls and boys, i'm not removing the Hutts. As i've said before, they give a nice variation of gameplay style and also look a lot different from the other civs. Besides, they also give the player the opportunity to play as a civ of 'scum and villany'.

FroZticles
03-01-2004, 01:13 AM
Wookiees should stay they have made themselves present in SWGB and are a fighting force at that. Hutts are the ones to remove they have no political or military intent and definately do not want to conquer the galaxy.....

lukeiamyourdad
03-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Wow seriously when I'm not around that's how you treat newcomers...shame on all of you.

Well, welcome FroZticles to our little gang of well, people.

Hutt "control" Tatooine but other then that, they cannot really build a field army as all of the other civs can. I used to want the Hutt to be in because it would be interesting to have a gangster civ but when you think of it, it ain't so realistic.

The Wookiees may not be a bunch of blood thirsty killers but their presence in Ep.3(which has been confirmed) requires their presence in SWGB2. Hey, if the Gungans are in why aren't the Wookiees in?

MasterN64
03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
All the civs that are in SWGB must in the next. Plus new civs. Period. They can put like a max of 10 players as well.

saberhagen
03-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Well, welcome FroZticles to our little gang of well, people.

So you think Frozticles isn't Frozted MMs? Well, I suppose that post wasn't offensive enough to be him...

lukeiamyourdad
03-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah at first I thought it was Frozted MMs but then he didn't insult anyone so they're probably two different person...or he suddenly became nicer.

Sithmaster_821
03-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Hi there frozticles! Welcome to our little enclave on the internet. Disregard what luke said, not all of us are people...

Master, just curious, what computer (specs) do you have? Especially if you are expecting completely unique civs.

lukeiamyourdad
03-02-2004, 01:55 AM
Maybe he's expecting generic civs:confused:

Darth Windu
03-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Well, considering the replies i've had to this thread, i've decided to leave the Wookiee's in as the 8th standard playable civ for SWGB2.

PS: Welcome to our little piece of internet-dom froz.

Sithmaster_821
03-03-2004, 12:22 AM
Umm....Windu, there has been a lot more of a support for adding no civ at all, or splitting the Naboo than your Wookie idea could muster. I think only one person supported it (aside from you).

lukeiamyourdad
03-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Yeah I did...

Darth Windu
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Sith - im not splitting the Naboo, and there will be an 8th civ. As there were no suggestions to replace the Wookiee's, and that they may be in Ep3, im leaving them in.

FroZticles
03-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Heh well yea im frozted_mms but i think he died :(
or i have a split personality......

Sithmaster_821
03-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Luke, I took you as split the Naboo....

lukeiamyourdad
03-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Weren't we talking about the Wookiees or the Naboo? oy...I'm for a Wookiee civ and splitting the Naboo...I should stop being so confused.

Froz: Well, I guess you really do have split personality...you've been strangely nice lately. Anything out of the ordinary happened?

Admiral Vostok
03-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Let me sum up this thread.

Windu: What eighth civ should I have?

Everyone: Split the Naboo and leave out the Wookiees.

Windu: I don't want to split the Naboo. I'd rather the Wookiees.

Luke's Dad: Chewbacca is in Episode III, which has led to the belief that the Wookiees will have a greater part, which could mean we'll see an actual Wookiee civ, so I vote for Wookiees.

Everyone else: We'd rather see the Naboo split.

Windu: I don't want to split the Naboo. Wookiees it is then.

lukeiamyourdad
03-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Looks like everyone has changed their minds about all of this then.
Actual Civs that everyone seems to agree on:

-Rebel Alliance
-Galactic Empire
-Galactic Republic
-Separatists
-Naboo/Gungans

On the other thread, we've merged the Trade federation and the Confederacy which now becomes the Separatists and people are starting to think about the Naboo/Gungan merging.
The only civs we haven't tampered with are the Rebels, the Republic and the Empire. We now have 5 civs.

Should we have a 6th one or simply keep it this way?

*Force Persuade* You want the Wookiees as a 6th civ. :p

Sithmaster_821
03-06-2004, 12:53 AM
Luke, the only reason that I even suggested combining civs was because I came to the realization that even 7 civs were too many. So, no, no Wookies, and, if you want a sixth civ (please don't), just split one of the combined ones.

Vostok, that was a fairly accurate depiction.

lukeiamyourdad
03-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Bah, I just really like the Wookiees, I'm not expecting anything done for them except a few scenarios in the campaign which features some Wookiees or having a bunch of them in the toy box and I'm happy.

I'm like those guys who would like to see a Mon Calamari Civ but doesn't expect them.

Darth Windu
03-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Vostok - i asked thquestion, what should the 8th standard civ in MY template for SWGB2 be? That meant that all other civ's were the same, the only thing that would change is the replacement of the Wookiees by another civ. Since there were no suggestions as to a replacement civ, how could the result be any different?

luke - actually im keeping the Confed's and TF as seperate civs.

lukeiamyourdad
03-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Like if your template meant anything to us anyway:rolleyes: :p

Sithmaster_821
03-06-2004, 03:36 AM
lol

Thats why I've decided against doing one.

Darth Windu
03-06-2004, 09:51 AM
luke - i really dont care if my template means anything to you or not. I'm doing it because it's fun, and nothing you say or do is going to change that.