PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy concert coming...

jokemaster
02-19-2004, 11:45 AM
To L.A.

*mails himself to L.A.*

Linky (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/492/492976p1.html)

Astrotoy7
02-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Yay ! A Final Fantasy related thread ! Im just playing FFx-2 now ! It came out here just last monday !!! Great stuff !

Yeah, I love the FF soundtracks, I often extract the tracks straight of the game discs....

MTFBWYA

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
02-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Interesting....

I have to admit that I do like most if not all of the music from the FF games. FF7 is what got me hooked in the first place and I can still remember the score to that.

Anyway if I were in the area I'd go check it out. :D

Neverhoodian
02-19-2004, 02:26 PM
I think it's great that video game soundtracks are now being played for concerts. I got a Super Smash Bros. Melee concert CD about one year ago from Nintendo Power magazine. It was great to hear all the classic Nintendo tunes fully orchestrated.

I think video game concerts are the best way to get the young interested in classical music. Forget Peter and the Wolf, kids nowadays want something a little more modern.

Of course, it's always great for us gamers as well.:p

jokemaster
02-19-2004, 02:31 PM
^I agree. The SSBM soundtrack was how I got my cousin interested in some classical. Video Game and Movie soundtracks seem to be the best ways to get young people interested in classical.

DarkLord60
02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Ive never seen whats so great abou FF but I guess it could be interesting.

ExcelsioN
02-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Heh.....heh.....

Final Fantasy just doesn't interest me, with the exception of FFX-2. When I heard the word 'concert', I kind of imagined all the FF characters signing and dancing....:rolleyes: .

Astrotoy7
02-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ExcelsioN
Heh.....heh.....

Final Fantasy just doesn't interest me, with the exception of FFX-2. When I heard the word 'concert', I kind of imagined all the FF characters signing and dancing....:rolleyes: .

thats interesting...you like FFx-2, what about FFX - you cant have one without the other !! Also FF9 is amazing for a Ps1 game, and FF7 is just fun !

MTFBWYA

topshot
02-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Sounds interesting. Too bad I don't even live in L.A. I feel so jealous, it makes me want to go out and buy some game tunes.

*Dashes off to find some sweet tunes for Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem.*

Mike Windu
02-20-2004, 12:32 AM
that's so awesome... I wish I lived in L.A. I enjoy Final Fantasy's musical scores, especially One Winged Angel from FF7 and Kingdom Hearts... come to think of it Kingdom Hearts has a good musical composition also.

Is teh concert coming anywhere else in the U.S?:confused:

Darth-Bane
02-20-2004, 12:35 AM
awesome. i wish i lived in LA just so i could go to dat :D

Rad Blackrose
02-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Meh... Final Fantasy soundtracks.

Yasunori Mitsuda, on the other hand... :)

Captain Wilson
02-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Whoo!

shame im not in usa for that small stint :D