PDA

View Full Version : KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

hus
03-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by tk102
v3.2.7 released
Added Components and Chemicals to the treeview for TSL savegames.

@hus: It is possible, but I doubt I will have time to hardcode everything. Plus that would add a 3rd version to maintain (already have KSE and KSEA).

oh well, thanks for the reply though. :)

Blacktrim
03-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I am an avid RPG player and a tremendous fan of the KOTOR series so far and i would like to say i am deeply impressed with the work done by the modding community for KOTOR and TSL, most especially the savegame editor!
keep up the fan-freaking-tastic work!:D

The Lost Jedi
03-30-2005, 05:00 AM
Hey there! My compliments on the latest KSE! I really love these two games and being able to create the characters the way I want them to be just gives you that EXTRA sense of 'cool.'

I just wanted to ask though, where do I go to edit Force Powers like Force Storm or Force Wave and Throw Lightsaber? I can't seem to find them anywhere in the dropdown lists?

Am I missing something?:confused:

:thumbsup: Again, great stuff!:cheers:

Sorry! My bad! My bad! I found them!!

XTra KrazzY
03-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey, you've got a stupid smallish bug:
when cheats are used it says: "cheat used : 1" and when it's not it says: "cheatS used: 0"

smallish bug
(i fixed it on mine, just took the source code, changed it and recompiled)

tk102
03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
v3.2.8 released

Added the ability to see portraits in KSE when they are selected from the portraits list.

Screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/5135b930.jpg)

(And I fixed that nitpick bug Xtra) :p

Blacktrim
03-31-2005, 08:47 PM
the new version works, and the faces do show up in the upper-right hand corner when you highlight them on the list.

this would probably reguire a lot of work, but would it possible to display pictures of the character models when they're selected on the editor? It would save the trouble of having to go back and forth from the game to the editor deciding on a model you like

chuckymonster
03-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Hello,
Sorry, I havent been able to find an answer to this, so I´m posting here...
Is there some sort of guide for editing the global scripts? I mean something that can tell me what OBE 511 or whatever means, and what´s the meaning of the numbers besides it?
This is the problem I want to fix
After almost thirty hours of playing KOTOR II, I seem to have found a problem...After following the light side (in a general way) I arrived in Oberon, and decided to follow the General...planning to infiltrate his organization and betray him, in almost the same way go could play along with the assasination of the Sith Lords of Korriban in the first KOTOR. I left the planet met the other Jedi Masters, and left peacefully, but aparently this was not an option in Oberon, since coming back the jedi left me no choice but to fight....and after killing him, the game decided to label me sith and force me to go on the dark path of the storyline.
So, can anything be done about it? I have a save game just before finishing the tomb...so is there a way to fix my game so that I may continue on the path of the light side story? I dont mind beign a sith...but I was hoping to finish off the game with my first choice of alignment, and then go a second time as the oposite....

tk102
04-02-2005, 03:59 AM
v3.2.9 released
After having fun with porting eiz's tpc2tga code to Perl, I figured why not add images for the items in KotOR/TSL.

Screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/444922b5.jpg)

ChAiNz.2da
04-02-2005, 04:05 AM
v3.2.9 released
After having fun with porting eiz's tpc2tga code to Perl, I figured why not add images for the items in KotOR/TSL.

Kick ass addition man :thumbsup:
Will definitely come in handy! :D

Mav
04-02-2005, 04:37 AM
v3.2.9 released

Very cool I'll give you 2 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This new addition make KSE much more aesthetically pleasing and dare I say... beautiful ;)

Lorden Darkblade
04-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Awesome work tk :D
I cant wait to see what you'll do next :p

tk102
04-02-2005, 05:18 PM
v3.2.10 released

svösh discovered a bug in 3.2.9 where baseitems.2da in the TSL override would prevent item's icons from appearing. That bug has been fixed

Also added the ability to see portraits and item icons that have .tga files in the override folder.

svösh
04-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Awesome man , thanks :D , works perfectly now , what are the chances we will be able to see icons for our custom stuff ?

If’s not a ton of work that is .. Would be a cool addition

Thanks again :)

svösh

PsyckoSama
04-02-2005, 06:53 PM
I try and run kse v3.28 and v3.210 but it gibves me an error that says its trying to read past the end of the diologue.tlk and mentions the kotor1 spells.2da before crashing...

and ideas what the heck is up?

tk102
04-02-2005, 07:22 PM
@svösh: You should be able to see them now. :) The .tga files have to be in your override root folder -- subfolders in the override aren't supported.

@PsyckoSama:
Sounds like you have a TSL spells.2da file in your KotOR override folder.

Other possiblities:
- KotOR dialog.tlk in your TSL folder
- the paths in your registry are pointed to the wrong game

PsyckoSama
04-02-2005, 08:01 PM
@PsyckoSama:
Sounds like you have a TSL spells.2da file in your KotOR override folder.

I doubt it considering I don't have any post-KOTOR2 PC release mods in the override...

Other possiblities:
- KotOR dialog.tlk in your TSL folder

I haven't modded TSL yet so I can't see how that might work...

- the paths in your registry are pointed to the wrong game

Any ideas how and where to check? I don't like mucking around in the reg (and for good reason)

Hmm... would the fact that I still have KSE v2.11 (which works) on my computer fowl anything up?

T7nowhere
04-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by PsyckoSama
I try and run kse v3.28 and v3.210 but it gibves me an error that says its trying to read past the end of the diologue.tlk and mentions the kotor1 spells.2da before crashing...

and ideas what the heck is up?

I got this exact same error last night. The problem was I have All-in-one Force Power mod installed But I recently updated the game to 1.03(don't ask why I just did that) and so the patch overwrote the dialog.tlk that is installed by All-in-one Force Power mod. So if you have that mod installed then you will want to reinstall the dialog.tlk from the mod.

tk102
04-02-2005, 09:29 PM
@PsyckoSama:
Try making a file called kse.log in the same directory as KSE. Then try to run KSE to make it crash. After that happens, post the contents of kse.log here.

PsyckoSama
04-02-2005, 11:24 PM
@PsyckoSama:
Try making a file called kse.log in the same directory as KSE. Then try to run KSE to make it crash. After that happens, post the contents of kse.log here.

04-02-2005 23:22:45 KSE startup v3.2.10
04-02-2005 23:22:46 KSE found KotOR1 saves directory in C:\Games\SWKotOR
04-02-2005 23:22:46 KSE found KotOR2 saves directory in C:\Games\SWKotOR2
04-02-2005 23:22:46 KotOR1 spells.2da override detected.
Dialog.tlk error: Attempted to read past end of end of dialog.tlk
(tried to read string 49295 but dialog.tlk has 49265 entries)
Breadcrumb: KotOR1 Spells.2da at /PerlApp/Bioware/TLK.pm line 32.

tk102
04-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Looks like T7 nailed it... the AIOFPM needs the AIOFPM dialog.tlk

Darth Khasei
04-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Ran into the same problem while porting the Force Powers over to TSL from KOTOR1. They still work VERY well, I just need to get some help with the names over the powers in the combat icon over the target. Right now it seems attached to a dlg line already in the game. Some long sentences, some just names like HK-47.

Once this is fixed I may just send it to Darth333 for the final AIO aspect of things :cool: :D

XTra KrazzY
04-03-2005, 11:40 AM
2 Addition suggestions:

1. party members changing ability

2. feats/force powers shown on kse...

tk102
04-03-2005, 01:14 PM
1st suggestion: I don't understand.

2nd suggestion: Do you mean you'd like to see the icons for porce powers and feats?

XTra KrazzY
04-03-2005, 01:22 PM
1st suggestion: I don't understand.

If you have HK-47 and Hanharr in your party during the save, you may change it to Visas and Handmaiden or whichever party members you want instead of them (if you have them in your party, i can also see that you have already put an "if" like that: every npc you can have in your party is shown with details in the npc tree)

2nd suggestion: Do you mean you'd like to see the icons for porce powers and feats?

Yes. If they are tpc of course, but if they're not... I'll try to figure how to convert them to tga format ;)

tk102
04-03-2005, 06:11 PM
v3.2.11 released
Another bug caught by svösh has been fixed.

This bug caused KSE to not display the icons of .uti files in the override. (Now fixed).

@XTra KrazzY:
Ok I understand. I'll put those on my to-do list as well. :)

svösh
04-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes TK you rock man, :guitar2 :guitar1

Thanks for fixing and updating Kse :)

svösh

ChAiNz.2da
04-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Indeed! Being able to see the icons (even the custom ones now) is great!

Though I have yet another request...

take some time off and play TSL! :lol:

tk102
04-04-2005, 01:28 AM
v3.2.12 released

- Added ability to see icons for feats and powers

Mav
04-04-2005, 01:31 AM
v3.2.12 released

- Added ability to see icons for feats and powers

This wil prove to be a very useful feature, although I must agree with ChAiNz and demand that you take some R&R and actually play the game :D

XTra KrazzY
04-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Thank you very much for your consideration... it seems you HAVE released alot of versions lately, guess you're working hard.... Play some games, no modding please... I tell you, IT'S MUCH MORE FUN(can't argue with that huh?)

Keiko
04-04-2005, 10:13 AM
*DarthSmallz grabs a mob, and starts chanting, "Play TSL, play TSL,* Play it Tk102, I feel bad that you are busy making tools, when we are *Playing* the game!

tk102
04-09-2005, 02:07 AM
v3.3.0 released

- Added the ability to edit Quests, aka Journal Entries.

Well, more like selecting where you are in a quest rather than full-fledged text editing.

Lorden Darkblade
04-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Seriously tk, you should stop a bit and actually PLAY the game you know :mad:
You never seem to rest :p Very cool new addition :thumbsup:

Emperor Devon
04-09-2005, 02:22 AM
v3.3.0 released

- Added the ability to edit Quests, aka Journal Entries.

Well, more like selecting where you are in a quest rather than full-fledged text editing.

You're continuing to make great tools, but you're never playing the great game you're making the tools for. *Mob starts gathering, and shouts "take a break! Go play TSL!" *

XTra KrazzY
04-09-2005, 06:22 AM
tk102, your quest widget went out even better than I presumed! you are a perl/kotor MASTER! Quests ROCK!

I don't see any more additions needed except party changes....

though i did notice a bug... quests that I did have (and I can see them in the editor) do not appear blue in the list for some reason.... why?

:fett: KSE 3.3.0 ROX :fett:
:fett: :fett: KSE 3.3.1(with party changing and quest bug fixes) ROX EVEN MORE! :fett: :fett:

Keiko
04-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Nice Job Tk, but take yime off:)

tk102
04-10-2005, 03:34 AM
XTra KrazzY postulated:
KSE 3.3.1(with party changing and quest bug fixes) ROX EVEN MORE!

v3.3.1 released

- Added ability to edit Current Party
- Fixed bug where not all current Quests were showing up in blue in Quest List
- Fixed bug where customized global.jrl files with localized strings were not being displayed properly

take some time off and play TSL!I must agree with ChAiNz and demand that you take some R&R and actually play the gamePlay some games, no modding please...starts chanting, "Play TSL, play TSL,* Play it Tk102Seriously tk, you should stop a bit and actually PLAY the game you know*Mob starts gathering, and shouts "take a break! Go play TSL!" *Nice Job Tk, but take time off

Guys, this is how I play TSL.
:nod: :bot2:

Emperor Devon
04-10-2005, 03:53 AM
Really... You need to play it, at least once!

Suraknar
04-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Hello Tk,

First Congrats on a very well done Editor, its simply awesome!

Second, asmall request if I may, would it be possible to Add a number of Available Feat Points that we then use to get feats in game for TSL?

I know we can add Feats with KSE directly, and this feature is great for moding too, however, it would also be nice to input a certain number of points and then go in game and choose the desired feats.

Thanks!

Mav
04-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Suraknar
Second, asmall request if I may, would it be possible to Add a number of Available Feat Points that we then use to get feats in game for TSL?

I know we can add Feats with KSE directly, and this feature is great for moding too, however, it would also be nice to input a certain number of points and then go in game and choose the desired feats.

Thanks!

I don't know if this is possible the way you want it, because in order to reach teh feat selection screen, you need to level up first, so I'm not sure how it would work although I suppose, that you could just have the feat points inplemented upon the next level up... I guess.

Keiko
04-10-2005, 10:15 AM
[Force Persusde] Tk, go play TSL, NOW! Haha, but do it man, it calls for you. :p

*Tk, Tk, play me, play me!*

ChAiNz.2da
04-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Then far be it from us to ruin your 'fun' man ;)

Thanks for all you do! :D

RevanA4
04-10-2005, 03:28 PM
dude the quest thing on this version is choice

Emperor Devon
04-11-2005, 12:00 AM

If that's how you play TSL, why'd you even start a game in the first place? :p

By the way, I found a bug with the adding/removing powers feature. Whenever I add new powers, the old ones dissapear, and I have to add them back.

Suraknar
04-11-2005, 02:40 AM
I don't know if this is possible the way you want it, because in order to reach teh feat selection screen, you need to level up first, so I'm not sure how it would work although I suppose, that you could just have the feat points inplemented upon the next level up... I guess.

Yes actually that would be a good way, same as saving up Skill points,when applicable, for the next "Level UP".

XTra KrazzY
04-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Suraknar
saving up Skill points,when applicable, for the next "Level UP".
Yes... adding feats, force powers, and skill points for a level up, there surely is someway to do it as you can "save" your skill points in the game for the next level up, I'm sure it can be done on feats and f. powers....

anyways....
:fett: I KNEW KSE 3.3.1 WOULD ROCK!!! :fett:

another idea though(might be my last):
add another party canging ability(this time when you click the "party" button i want you to make us edit the party members)
for instance(1):
I have Hanharr in my party, and I want Mira instead, or I have Remote in my party, and I want Kreia instead, we'll be able to change that...
another instance(2):
Mandalore is "locked" in the party and I can't put him with me... i want to make locked party members unlocked and vice versa....
Another instance(3):
I only have Atton in the party, since i'm still in Telos, and I want HK-47/Visas in it already, just because I'm a cheater :P
I want to be able to do that too...

You can use your current party changing widget for that... but make another checkbox for each party member with "locked"... and then that party member will be disabled, and when Hanharr is checked Mira should be disabled, unless you uncheck Hanharr.... If I remember well there are states when your whole party is locked... checkbox for that too....

Hope you do something about it.... it seems to be the last missing piece for your perfect editor... :D (that and the powers/feats/skill points adding)

XTra KrazzY
04-11-2005, 06:06 AM
it may help you, but i dunno, just experiment with it:
Dak Vesser's holodroid mod - for changing party members, experiment with the values(it even has source) (http://www.pcgamemods.com/dl/e30898593bd9cc34f82bfe7aba69d22b/TSL_HoloDroid_Emitter_Modv1.zip)

Shem's force power gain change - it changes the amount of force point gains for each level, might help you with the feat/force/skill points gain changing (http://www.pcgamemods.com/dl/340b0c8721e28b40c393b71283ea3113/ForcePowerGainTSL.zip)

Hope I helped! ;)

Darth_Tratious
04-11-2005, 05:07 PM
thanks tk102 i love this handy app.

Darth_Tratious
04-11-2005, 05:08 PM
yes nice job on the quest thank you thank you so much.:) :) :) :) :)

RevanA4
04-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Darth_Tratious unstead of multiple posts in a row make use of the edit button

Jennaida
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Does it mean anything when a KSE modified game seems to be saving several extra files, and not loading until they're deleted?

RevanA4
04-12-2005, 11:00 PM
eerrrrr I haven't noticed that and I use it alot so it probably doesn't mean any thing

tk102
04-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Jennaida
Does it mean anything when a KSE modified game seems to be saving several extra files, and not loading until they're deleted?

Can you be more specific?

PisOgPapir
04-13-2005, 01:36 AM
KSE can't see more than 99 save games. that sucks -_-

T7nowhere
04-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by PisOgPapir
KSE can't see more than 99 save games. that sucks -_-

Are you sure you have the latest version. I have 137 saves and it shows them all.

tk102
04-13-2005, 02:39 AM
KSE doesn't have any limits on the number of savegames.

apocolipse
04-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Are you sure you have the latest version. I have 137 saves and it shows them all

OMG how can you have so many saves

the most ive had is about 23.

well done tk, being able to see icons gives the kse a nice touch

dont know how the hell you manage to keep making all these updates though
:eek:

PisOgPapir
04-13-2005, 07:06 AM
thats weird...

Jennaida
04-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Okay. One of my 'normal' savegames frombefore has the following files:
[list=1]
GLOBALVARS.RES
PARTYTABLE.RES
SAVEGAME.sav
savenfo.res
screen <image>
[/list=1]

The one edited with KSE now has the following files:
[list=1]
globalvars.res (same as above)
partytable.res (same as above)
SAVE_DATA.sig
SAVE_HEADERVAR.sig
SAVE_INFO.sig
SAVE_PARTY.sig
SAVE_VARS.sig
savegame.sav (same as above)
savenfo.res (same as above)
screen <image> (same as above)
Screen.sig
[/list=1]

Unless the .sig files are deleted from the savegame, it will stop midway through load. If they're deleted, it'll load just fine, if they're not, it dies.

RevanA4
04-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Okay. One of my 'normal' savegames frombefore has the following files:
[list=1]
GLOBALVARS.RES
PARTYTABLE.RES
SAVEGAME.sav
savenfo.res
screen <image>
[/list=1]

The one edited with KSE now has the following files:
[list=1]
globalvars.res (same as above)
partytable.res (same as above)
SAVE_DATA.sig
SAVE_HEADERVAR.sig
SAVE_INFO.sig
SAVE_PARTY.sig
SAVE_VARS.sig
savegame.sav (same as above)
savenfo.res (same as above)
screen <image> (same as above)
Screen.sig
[/list=1]

Unless the .sig files are deleted from the savegame, it will stop midway through load. If they're deleted, it'll load just fine, if they're not, it dies.

Um I've edited many a game with KSE and haven't encountered the problem you have

tk102
04-13-2005, 07:17 PM
The .sig files are generated for Xbox users, but as jedigoku says, they are ignored by the PC version. See if there is a different pattern of behavior not associated with the .sig files: Maybe your game crashes once and then works the next time. ?

RevanA4
04-13-2005, 07:22 PM
you might have a curupeted install also that might becausing the crash unless you are useing a emulator so if you can't fix it your best bet is to uninstall and reinstall the program

Jennaida
04-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, all I know is that when I delete the .sig files, it works. You think KSE might be corrupted?

tk102:

I have tried loading them, multiple times. And they freeze at the same spot, every time. Until I delete the .sig files.

RevanA4
04-13-2005, 08:10 PM
it aint KSE cuz the files you are talking about aren't even used by the pc meaning they are ignored or put a different way the game doesn't know that they are there

Jennaida
04-13-2005, 08:43 PM
They ONLY show up after using KSE, jedigoku. Not from regular saves, or from anything else.

And deleting them is the only way I've found that fixes the problem. And they are only put there by KSE. This has not happened before 3.3.1, either.

If it's not KSE, tell me... why does it ONLY happen after I mod a save/quicksave with KSE, and try loading it? Or is it simply because I'm doing it with the game running, so I can reload the quicksave when I'm done editing?

And it only seems to happen after I've opened it and re-saved it with KSE multiple times, as well. Situationally, I often add something in KSE at various points...

That's led me to wonder how much a savegame is changed, everytime KSE saves an alteration.

RevanA4
04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
for the record quick saves aren't the same as normal saves hense the name quick try it on a normal save and that should fix your problem and I've said it before I use it often and don't have a problem try downloading it again cuz your download might have got currupted and see if that works cuz out of 23 saved games I've had no problems or your installation might be messed up orther wise without being there i can't diagnose the problem any better

I'm a programmer and if TK says KSE isn't the problem I tend to believe him

Jennaida
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jedigoku
I'm a programmer and if TK says KSE isn't the problem I tend to believe him

Ah yes. And I'm just an ignorant end-user. *shrug* I'll re-download it. The only mods I'm running now that I haven't before are the whereamI armband and handmaiden for female PC. Otherwise, it's all the same ones.

RevanA4
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
if that doens't work try reinstalling the game

tk102
04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Or is it simply because I'm doing it with the game running, so I can reload the quicksave when I'm done editing?

This is very likely the cause. I recommend completely exiting the game before attempting to edit a save, and conversely, exiting KSE before loading the game.

RevanA4
04-13-2005, 11:36 PM
note never edit game files while the game is running it tends to screw everything up

Jennaida
04-14-2005, 03:34 AM
I've been editing it while game was running for several versions of KSE, just that this was the first version to do what this is doing :) I'll just keep deleting the .sig files :)

XTra KrazzY
04-15-2005, 04:44 AM
i edit my save during game and it didn't happen to me even once :S
is it the patch or something?(if it's out)

tk102
04-16-2005, 03:48 PM
v3.3.2 released
- Fixed a very long standing bug that prevented some Global Numerics from displaying

- Made Quests node start in collapsed position

- .sig file creation is now dependent on the pre-existence of a .sig file in the savegame folder (for Jennaida)

(I believe the problem you are having Jennaida is associated with Quicksaves only...)

Jennaida
04-16-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll keep testing it. Thanks for the fix on the .sig files :)

tk102
04-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Oops, my .sig fix didn't take so I just reuploaded KSE v3.3.2 with the fix. Sorry about that.

Jennaida
04-16-2005, 04:50 PM

Hmm... I hate to be annoying, but...

For 3.3.3 (when you have enough changes to do a 3.3.3), could you start the game nodes in collapsed position as well, so we can expand the one we want to be working on? Some of us have a lot of savegames under both, and it's a lot of scrolling to find one or the other :)

:angel:

If not, it's cool. Just suggesting :)

General Kenobi
04-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the update.

:rolleyes: I guess its "possible" to get through a game without using KSE but then again who'd want to?..lol It might be a save game editor but it lends itself to modding very well for certain things wouldn't be without it and won't be without this one. :)

Keep up the good work man we appreciate it :)

ChAiNz.2da
04-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
It might be a save game editor but it lends itself to modding very well for certain things wouldn't be without it and won't be without this one. :)
Agreed 200% :D

For the USM in particular, If I had to type in 100+ cheat codes to get the sabers in-game (testing, screenies, etc.) I'd still be typing those things in :eek:

especially now with the 'invisible' console :rolleyes:

KSE has saved my modding arse many a time :D

General Kenobi
04-16-2005, 05:39 PM
@ChAiNz EXACTLY :D

Beats the He## out of typing giveitem bla bla bla over and over. Besides how else could I give myself 300 GilliaBOOMS to obliderate EVERYONE at the Sith Academy ;)

RevanA4
04-17-2005, 11:28 PM
um i was wondering how hard it would be to make a seperat inventory list for items specifally designed for the module you are in

XTra KrazzY
04-18-2005, 05:00 AM
hi again...
i remember mentioning here a new idea(party members adding/removing, page 14)...
tk did you reject my idea? if so then just say so....

now i'm gonna check the new 3.3.2

RevanA4
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by XTra KrazzY
hi again...
i remember mentioning here a new idea(party members adding/removing, page 14)...
tk did you reject my idea? if so then just say so....

now i'm gonna check the new 3.3.2

he added it

XTra KrazzY
04-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by XTra KrazzY
Yes... adding feats, force powers, and skill points for a level up, there surely is someway to do it as you can "save" your skill points in the game for the next level up, I'm sure it can be done on feats and f. powers....

anyways....
:fett: I KNEW KSE 3.3.1 WOULD ROCK!!! :fett:

another idea though(might be my last):
add another party canging ability(this time when you click the "party" button i want you to make us edit the party members)
for instance(1):
I have Hanharr in my party, and I want Mira instead, or I have Remote in my party, and I want Kreia instead, we'll be able to change that...
another instance(2):
Mandalore is "locked" in the party and I can't put him with me... i want to make locked party members unlocked and vice versa....
Another instance(3):
I only have Atton in the party, since i'm still in Telos, and I want HK-47/Visas in it already, just because I'm a cheater :P
I want to be able to do that too...

You can use your current party changing widget for that... but make another checkbox for each party member with "locked"... and then that party member will be disabled, and when Hanharr is checked Mira should be disabled, unless you uncheck Hanharr.... If I remember well there are states when your whole party is locked... checkbox for that too....

Hope you do something about it.... it seems to be the last missing piece for your perfect editor... :D (that and the powers/feats/skill points adding)

You mean this?
EDIT: sorry i should've written NPC adding/removing... lol can't find the right title for this addition without confusing some people... any suggestions? ;)

tk102
04-18-2005, 02:15 PM
I may expand on the controls availalble in the Current Party node so that you can make an NPC selectable or unselectable.

As for adding/removing NPCs... I'm considering it. It might be neat to make KSE able to custom recruit any NPC, but I'd probably be stepping off the deep end when it came to providing support for people that are now having problems with their savegame.

(Points at the "No Safety Net" disclaimer in the kse-readme.txt :))

@Jedigoku: I'd rather not bog down KSE anymore than necessary with module-specific .uti inventory. KSE would have to browse through each .rim file to find all .uti and keep them separated by module. The best work-around is to extract whatever .uti you want using KotOR Tool and place it in the override. The KSE will recognize it and it will show up in red in the master inventory list. (When you're done with KSE, you should probably remove the .uti from your override too.)

Jennaida
04-18-2005, 03:14 PM
This is related to my last suggestion, but it occurs to me... is it possible KSE can organize savegames by character name?

This on top of the other suggestion would make it far easier to find a particular save. I'm not quite in the worst situation yet, but there are people with over 100 savegames for either 1 or 2... :)

Or is that justa me getting into excessive laziness? :)

RevanA4
04-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't know how perl work but he should be able to do that cuz when parsing info you can chose to organize it in many different ways

tk102
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
@Jennaida: Would putting the Player Name and the Game Title Name in the Game # node help?

@Jedigoku: It's not a matter of Perl, it's a matter of user interface. I've been trying to keep KSE with a single treeview on the left and the controls on the right. I could probably figure something out I guess.

I'm just going to take a break from KSE for awhile and play TSL for my first time though. So enjoy the features as they are for a little while. :)

RevanA4
04-18-2005, 03:37 PM
@TK102 It's about time dude <force persuade> you will in joy it</force persuade>

<darkside points gained>

Suraknar
04-18-2005, 05:55 PM
This is related to my last suggestion, but it occurs to me... is it possible KSE can organize savegames by character name?

This on top of the other suggestion would make it far easier to find a particular save. I'm not quite in the worst situation yet, but there are people with over 100 savegames for either 1 or 2... :)

Or is that justa me getting into excessive laziness? :)

How about by Save Name instead?

That could be good too, and easy to find if one devises their own savegame system.

General Kenobi
04-18-2005, 06:19 PM
@TK

"I'm just going to take a break from KSE for awhile and play TSL for my first time though. So enjoy the features as they are for a little while. :) "

Mamma says if it ain't broke don't fix it. ;) After the wonderful job you've done on KSE TK you deserve a good month off playing TSL at your leisure :D Without you and Fred we'd be up that creek without the paddle when it comes to modding.:amidala:

Jennaida
04-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Basically what I was saying is have every different char name as a 'node', and having every save with that particular char as subnodes. If I know I was running through as Aiso, then I could just click open the Aiso saves, and check there. Or whatever other char. :)

RevanA4
04-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Basically what I was saying is have every different char name as a 'node', and having every save with that particular char as subnodes. If I know I was running through as Aiso, then I could just click open the Aiso saves, and check there. Or whatever other char. :)

that there is a problem cuz parsing doesn't work that way very well

XTra KrazzY
04-19-2005, 04:13 AM
@Jennaida: Would putting the Player Name and the Game Title Name in the Game # node help?

YES!!! sure it will! it is so needed around here that i was wondering why you didn't do that in the first place...(char name AND save name plz) but really.... take a look at the end of my message and avoid these jobs for now....

I'm just going to take a break from KSE for awhile and play TSL for my first time though. So enjoy the features as they are for a little while. :)
for the FIRST TIME? omg dude start playing! delay npc adding/removing/locking/unlocking and title names.... start playing it for 2-3 times...(third is for disciple or mods... both is fine ;))
oh and there ae other games if you get bored.... after seeing so much KOTOR KODE i would rather another game (no offence, i love kotor, but i'm not sure about tk... it's like a programmer who made a game tries to have fun of it...)

MysticalONE
04-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi I would say this tool is great but I havent been able to use it for what it has been made for.

I have Kotor2 unpatched. ( Which I think may be the problem.)
I edit my saved game, on datooine, I'm editing my attributes and have set them to 50, the max. I try loading the saved game and it stops loading around 1/4th the way. I can't seem to figure out the problem. Loads fine without editing the save.

Any help appreciated.

Emperor Devon
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm just going to take a break from KSE for awhile and play TSL for my first time though.

Good! :D Don't come back untill you've beaten the game.

MysticalONE, I have several ideas.

(1. It's just one of the many bugs in TSL. The patch fixes many (but not all) of them.

(2. Try using cheats rather than KSE.

(3. Which version of KSE do you have?

RevanA4
04-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by MysticalONE
Hi I would say this tool is great but I havent been able to use it for what it has been made for.

I have Kotor2 unpatched. ( Which I think may be the problem.)
I edit my saved game, on datooine, I'm editing my attributes and have set them to 50, the max. I try loading the saved game and it stops loading around 1/4th the way. I can't seem to figure out the problem. Loads fine without editing the save.

Any help appreciated.

I've used it with both patched and unpatched versions and had no porblem

MysticalONE
04-25-2005, 05:34 AM
latest version 3.3.2

General Kenobi
04-25-2005, 02:12 PM
If your game crashes when your changing using KSE it's most likely just that KSE. I've found that if you "add" certain feats/powers/ or especially "force forms/saber forms" before they are opted to be earned or "kreia trains you" in one, sometimes it will crash the game out like that. Sometimes it won't until you try to get one and I guess when it sees you have it bam crashing.

Hope that helps a bit :D

tk102
04-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by MysticalONE
I edit my saved game, on datooine, I'm editing my attributes and have set them to 50, the max.

Does it crash when you perform any type of edit? Or does the problem only occur if you max our your attributes? Try editing some other things (credits, skill ranks, inventory...) and see if your game continues to crash.

Is this a Quicksave that you're editing? If so, try saving to a real save slot to see if the crash behavior persists.

MysticalONE
04-25-2005, 04:18 PM
It seems like any type of edit. Editing my saves, not autosaves. KSE says its successful when writing to savegame.sav

RevanA4
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
try to redownload KSE and see if that fixes it and you aren't editing it while running the game are cuz that might be your problem also that is if you are doing that

MysticalONE
04-25-2005, 06:34 PM
no, not editing my saves while playing them. I think it may be the no cd patch I had downloaded. Now I made a copy of my cd bak when i first got the game, I tried using a virtual drive and that doesnt seem to work, so now I got to look for my original cd under all my junk and other cds. Doing this because I updated TSL and there isnt a no cd patch for the update.

Is there another editor similar to KSE so I can test and see if its me or KSE?

May have found the problem, seems like Dantooine is acting up. My players runs all over the map like its warping, and when i finally stop I cant move again.

I've been looking throught the forums and it apears there is a 1/3 Loading bug for Dantooine. Updateing my drivers fixed the Warping action of the players, although I thought I had the latest drivers.

dr_kayoz
04-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Tk, Is the ability to see the model u are using still a part of the Editor? Also im getting a group of errors

Error msg: Cant Coerce Array into hash at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.2.pl line 4097

Then i get a long error,

something about populate journal, widgets, call backs and button releases

Did i do something wrong? i tried re downloading the file maybe i did it wrong ill try one more time, but please let me know if i did somehing wrong.

tk102
04-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Never did add the ability to see models -- only icons/portraits.

Are you able to recreate your errors everytime or are they random? If you can recreate them, then try making a file called kse.log and put it in your KSE directory. Then make KSE cause the error. Close KSE and email the kse.log file to the email address in kse-readme.txt

dr_kayoz
04-28-2005, 07:16 PM
i just realized why it was doing that, i was trying ot open an Xbox save and teh data file wasnt marked as dataxbox

now once i fixed that though when i try to open KSE, it lets me choose the directory, then the game version 1 or 2, and as soon as i click the TSL button it closes KSE totally

Nevan
04-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi all, my first post here, been lurking a long time though :) Sorry if Im posting in the wrong place or if this has been discussed already..

Ive been messing around with the savegame editor trying to start a new game with some force powers and some equipment and everytime I level or get some lightside points Atton or someone else will go darkside, even after I set them to 100 influence and Lightside...

Gets very annoying, I was wondering if anyone else figured out a way around this when using cheats and the KSE, or what in particular causes it?

Thanks everyone for all the great work and information here!!!!!

XTra KrazzY
04-29-2005, 06:26 PM
please explain better... i can't understand what the problem is... do they go darkside after you do a certain action? please, more details...;)

Nevan
04-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Sure :)

I will use the KSE and give myself several force powers, exp, feats and some equipment when you first start the game then continue to play threw the mining facility...

When Atton joins your party His Good/Evil rating will be the opposite of mine, for instance if I set my lightside to 100 his dark side will be 0.. If I go into the Kse again and set him to 100 good/evil and 100 influence he will go back to the darkside after I level or gain any lightside points...

RevanA4
04-29-2005, 08:35 PM
yes and no respectively

Nevan
04-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Sorry I thought someone might of experinced this, and would know what Im talking about right away...

Just annoying to have your parties lightside/darkside alignment completly change everytime you level or gain lightside/darkside points...

If anyone has experinced this and knows what Im talking about and can help I would greatly appericate any information on a way around it or what causes it... Such as a addding a certain force power, feat, item, changing someones Influence, adding lightside or darkside points with the kse or whatever else might cause it or if it is just me

XTra KrazzY
04-30-2005, 08:31 AM
i say try patching the game

RevanA4
04-30-2005, 02:14 PM
patching the game doesn't fix the problem their aligment depends on how much infulence you have with them

General Kenobi
04-30-2005, 02:18 PM
I do know that the alignment they have is directly affected by yours. I've seen that you can set up their alignment to 100% evil and if the influence you have over them is still low they will come in-game as being no longer 100% evil. Since you influence them with your character which is say evil. But since they don't have any loyalties to you cause your influence over them is low they don't follow your path and turn back to neutral or the like.

Maybe that's it ??? Hope that helps :D

Nevan
04-30-2005, 02:47 PM
It seems if your charisma is over a certain amount it effects your alignment... Sorry I didnt even think to mention I changed that.. Set my charisma to 50 and everything is fine now, thanks for the replies and all the great work you guys do here :) !

XTra KrazzY
05-01-2005, 07:41 AM
hey you helped me too! thanks! from now on no matter which savegame is it my charisma will become 50 (you fixed me some jedi mastery party members bugs)

dr_kayoz
05-04-2005, 01:03 AM
TK,

Any reason why the editor would be unstable enough that it crashes everytime i try ot open a save.

Ive re installed it, and completely wiped everything, and restarted, but it isnt working.

Any Ideas?

tk102
05-04-2005, 02:42 AM
I need that kse.log file that I mentioned earlier to get some idea about what is happening.

napplebee
05-06-2005, 10:29 AM
how do i install the trainers.. when i click on the kse_331.exe it dont install, plz show me how to install

napplebee
05-06-2005, 10:31 AM
is it a trainer for xbox or pc ? if its to the pc game, plz help me during the install

tk102
05-06-2005, 10:38 AM
There is no installation, just unzip and run (on a PC). But before it will work for you, there are many files you'll need off your xbox. More details are in the kse-readme.txt, especially for xbox users.

napplebee
05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
i dont got xbox, i play the pc game? but just need to know how i edit my saved games.. i dont know how

tk102
05-06-2005, 11:01 AM
1. Unzip KSE.
2. Read the kse-readme.txt
3. Try to launch kse_332.exe if it doesn't launch, try getting KSEA instead (works better for some languages).

You should be able to see a treeview of your games. When making edits, click Apply followed by Commit Changes.

dr_kayoz
05-06-2005, 11:41 PM
OK, TK,

Sent The Log File.

dr_kayoz
05-08-2005, 08:21 PM
TK, I appreciate the help, but it seems something in your program is corrupting XBOX saves. I moved a save from the internet right to my xbox, it worked fine, i open the same save in the editor, and then closed it editing nothing, and clicked the commit changes button so the editor did touch some file or another, mainly the .sav file, and it wont open on teh xbox, says its corrupted.

Thought you would want to know that.

Watashi
05-08-2005, 10:50 PM
this is gonna seem real n00b-esque, but here it goes. Is there anything like an experience tree, or something so i can properly edit my character to the game's setting, cause i lost my files and all that so i got this editor so i could just get myself back to where i was. it's just that i know what level i was on, but not the exp value, or hp value or force power or what not, if there is anything that could help please post it! thanks in advance!

RevanA4
05-08-2005, 10:55 PM
:drop2::eyeraise: um you haven't opened the program have you but the answer to your question is yes:eyeraise:

tk102
05-08-2005, 11:09 PM
@dr_kayoz: Have you moved all the .sig files back to the Xbox that KSE generated? And did you preserve the original SAVE_HEADER.sig that came from the Xbox save folder?

@watashi: Welcome to the forums. Here's a rip of exptable.2da which I believe is what you're asking for.:
level xp
1 0
2 1000
3 3000
4 6000
5 10000
6 15000
7 21000
8 28000
9 36000
10 45000
11 55000
12 66000
13 78000
14 91000
15 105000
16 120000
17 136000
18 153000
19 171000
20 190000
21 210000
22 231000
23 253000
24 276000
25 300000
26 325000
27 351000
28 378000
29 406000
30 435000
31 465000
32 496000
33 528000
34 561000
35 595000
36 630000
37 666000
38 703000
39 741000
40 780000
41 820000
42 861000
43 903000
44 946000
45 990000
46 1035000
47 1081000
48 1128000
49 1176000
50 1225000
51 0xFFFFFFFF

Watashi
05-08-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah, and if at all possible the hp tree and force power tree and i'll stop asking questions. btw, awesome program!

chibigim
05-10-2005, 10:48 PM
kotor2: this thing won't let me change my party npc's to look like sith assasins or pretty much any other model. when i change their appearance, the game starts them off invisible then it crashes to desktop. any idea why?

edit: the game crashes when i try to make my npc appearances anything beginning with "Dark_jedi ......" it doesn't crash though when i modify the player appearance.

Darth333
05-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by chibigim
kotor2: this thing won't let me change my party npc's to look like sith assasins or pretty much any other model. when i change their appearance, the game starts them off invisible then it crashes to desktop. any idea why?

edit: the game crashes when i try to make my npc appearances anything beginning with "Dark_jedi ......" it doesn't crash though when i modify the player appearance. This is due to the fact that there are many leftovers from Kotor 1 in appearance.2da. The names are still there but the models are not in the game. (Kotor 2 appearances were simply added below kotor 1's by Obsidian).

If you chose an appearance for which there is no model, you become invisible and the game crashes. If this happens, simply change your appearance to something else and it will be fixed.

T7nowhere
05-11-2005, 11:45 AM
^^^to add:

This will also happen if your PC or NPC has Armor, clothes, orJedi bobes equiped. Most of the NPC's Only have the first model column filled, and the rest of the columns are empty. If an armor is equiped the game will look to the correct column if no model is specified then the game will sorta freak out.

If you want to use or just try out different npc appearances its best to unequipe the armor so that they are in there undies then save the game and change the appearance.

If you want to use those appearances like the Sith assasins or the old K1 DJ (which are included :p) you will have to edit appearance.2da so that all of there mody columns use the same base model, this way you will be able to equip armors and the like without causing the game to crash.

DarthRiven
05-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Can anyone tell me what i have to do to use this with my xbox..... like in the readme i see files listed i need.... where do i get those and set it up properly?

General Kenobi
05-14-2005, 06:40 PM
@TK

Big thanks man for including even more "modder friendly stuff" in the latest version :D I had been using an older version and was very happy when I upgraded ;)

You Rule! No wait you Dictate :D
:thumbsup:
DM

Paladin245
07-26-2005, 02:02 AM
Hey all, new user here that would greatly appreciate some quick advice. I'm trying to use KSE on some KOTOR saves off the XBox. I've read in the readme and on this thread about needing the correct .2da files for KSE to work properly. I saw in an earlier post that someone recommended getting these off of the DVD game disc. However, when I try to read the disc, all I can see is the T_VIDEO folder with some movie data in it. I can't see anything as far as game data, let alone .2da files.

So I guess my question is: does someone have a directory tree of an unmodified save at the beginning of KOTOR, or know somewhere to get something of that nature, or have any other tips/tricks of the trade for those of us that don't have a modded XBox and have to do everything through four meg memory cards? I imagine it wouldn't be that bad if KOTOR saves weren't enormously large to begin with.

Anyway, thanks for any help provided, and many congratulations to TK for what appears to be an awesome project.

tk102
07-26-2005, 10:50 AM
It seems that we lost some good posts regarding this information. :(

The best Xbox modders around here that I know of are Stormsinger, balaco, and Dak Vesser. Hopefully one of them can chime in again. I don't have an Xbox so ironically I'm not much help.

The 2da files are installed on the Xbox though -- I didn't know of anyone who got them directly off the discs. For TSL, the Xbox game directory I believe is /UDATA/4c410014/. I'm not sure what it is for KotOR. And I suppose you need a modded Xbox to get to that data anyway.

balaco
07-26-2005, 04:10 PM
You can't just pop the xbox game disc into a computer drive. The computer drive will only read a certain section of the disc which is a video that tells you to put the xbox game in a xbox. To get the files off the disc you must have a modded xbox but considering you thought you could just pop the game into a computer drive I am positive that you don't have a modded xbox. If you would like the files needed to run KSE just PM me with an email address and I will email them to you. Keep in mind that this isn't a small file so don't give me an email address that can't handle atleast 10 meg considering I don't remember how big the zipped file is exactly.

CrimsonKnight13
08-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I have a question?
I must be doing something wrong cause every time I edit my save and transfer it back I get "file can't load damaged game"
I'm trying to edit a save by just changing the name and the appaerence of the character. Trying something simple.
I have followed the read me for xbox tutial that was provided but can't seem to get it to work.
Any ideas to why this is still happening would be great.
Thanks

tk102
08-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Try making your new name with the exact number of characters as before.

CrimsonKnight13
08-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks tk102 it works great now :)

:sithk:

ModKnighII
08-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I am a total n00b at modding and editing and I need help. When I start KSE and attempt to Change Path for the Sith Lords I always get the message

" 2da.bif NOT FOUND!!"

I have the archive in front of me with all necessary files except for:

\chitin.key
\dialog.tlk
\dataxbox\2da.bif **
\dataxbox\templates.bif

And I am wondering HOW THE **** DO I ADD THEM TO THE ARCHIVE!!?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Langy
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
What archive are you talking about? You're supposed to point it towards the folder you installed KOTOR2 in. If you can run the game, then that folder should work fine. Hell, if you installed the game correctly you shouldn't need to alter the path for the game because KSE reads it out of the registry.

ModKnighII
08-17-2005, 04:23 PM
I was under the impression that you could use KSE to edit savegames from the xbox, have I been falsely informed or am I doing something wrong?

ModKnighII
08-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Have I been spending hours trying to do the impossible?

Russian
08-21-2005, 09:44 AM
I have a problem: my save is corrupted and my command has disappeared.(Appearance- Portrait- Soundset- Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha, Hitpoints, Maxhitpoints, Min1hp, Exp, ForcePoints, Max ForcePoints, GoodEvil: Hash(0x27a5758), Gender-, Skills- and feats, classes have disappeared too). Is it posible to replace section NPCs from one save to another?

Excuse my bad English.

Soogz
08-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Ha I did't even notice that this was released, I have been using version 2.1 the last like 8 months, lol.

ModKnighII
08-21-2005, 06:12 PM
So can I edit a save if I don't have the PC version of Kotor II?

ModKnighII
08-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Using KSE?

Jeff
08-21-2005, 06:18 PM
So can I edit a save if I don't have the PC version of Kotor II?I want to say yes, I believe I have heard people talking about using KSE on XBox... But theres always a possibility that I'm wrong...

Captain_H
08-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I can't change my character or NPC's appearance for TSL. When I click on the Appearance field I don't get a listing of appearances as I can with KOTOR saved games.

Darth333
08-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Do you have the latest version? http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Captain_H
08-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Yes I do have the Savegame Editor v3.3.2.

TheOssusKeeper
08-25-2005, 08:06 PM
question, what happened to tk102's tools request thread? just wondering, cause i have a tool request that might be useful, if he could make it...

Darth333
08-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Yes I do have the Savegame Editor v3.3.2.That's weird. First time I hear of this. Do all the other options appear?

Captain_H
08-25-2005, 11:30 PM
If by options you mean the other fields, then the answer is yes.

IamJason
08-26-2005, 12:13 AM
I have been using the editor for KotOR 2 for a while now, and I often change my team members appearances to the characters you can choose when you start. When I was on GoTo'ss ship I changed Mira's appearance. After this all my other characters except Visas (who was also with me and I had already changed her appearance) disappeared and now on the party selection screen if I click on their black spaces it says "I am broken, so very very broken" (or something close to this). I also cannot get into the party NPC listing in the save game editor, this comes up with an error.
Does anyone know what to do or have any advice on this?

TheOssusKeeper
08-26-2005, 12:19 AM
I have been using the editor for KotOR 2 for a while now, and I often change my team members appearances to the characters you can choose when you start. When I was on GoTo'ss ship I changed Mira's appearance. After this all my other characters except Visas (who was also with me and I had already changed her appearance) disappeared and now on the party selection screen if I click on their black spaces it says "I am broken, so very very broken" (or something close to this). I also cannot get into the party NPC listing in the save game editor, this comes up with an error.
Does anyone know what to do or have any advice on this?

it sounds like your savegame is fubar :whacked:
i'm not 100% sure you can recover it... but maybe someone else might know a way...

TheOssusKeeper
08-26-2005, 12:22 AM
I can't change my character or NPC's appearance for TSL. When I click on the Appearance field I don't get a listing of appearances as I can with KOTOR saved games.

i don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but do you have your savegame editor in the override folder?

Captain_H
08-26-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't remember where I installed KSE. If you can list the files that are installed then I could find them and let you know.

Darth333
08-26-2005, 07:36 PM
i don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but do you have your savegame editor in the override folder?huh? what does this has to do with anything? KSE works fine no matter where you install it...

Really I have no idea of what is causing this. Could you post a screenshot of what you see when you click on the appearance field, Captain_H?

After this all my other characters except Visas (who was also with me and I had already changed her appearance) disappeared and now on the party selection screen if I click on their black spaces it says "I am broken, so very very broken" (or something close to this). Does anyone know what to do or have any advice on this?It happened to me too and I wasn't using KSE or any mod...try loading a previous savegame.

Captain_H
08-26-2005, 08:01 PM
huh? what does this has to do with anything? KSE works fine no matter where you install it...

Really I have no idea of what is causing this. Could you post a screenshot of what you see when you click on the appearance field, Captain_H?

It happened to me too and I wasn't using KSE or any mod...try loading a previous savegame.

Sure here are some screens.

First, for KOTOR I
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Captain_H/KSE-KOTORI.jpg

Second, for KOTOR II
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Captain_H/KSE-KOTORii.jpg

krzykorean
09-04-2005, 04:11 PM
okay am i going blind or can i not edit force powers o.o i was guessing it would be in the feats thing but it's not...

stoffe
09-04-2005, 04:42 PM
okay am i going blind or can i not edit force powers o.o i was guessing it would be in the feats thing but it's not...

Look in the Classes section. The Force Powers are listed under the force user classes. For powers you've already learned they are listed under the class that was active at the tim you learned them.

Captain_H
09-08-2005, 01:10 AM

It works now. Don't know why I was having trouble, but it works fine now.

tk102
09-09-2005, 07:15 PM
v3.3.3 released

- KSE no longer requires chitin.key, 2da.bif, templates.bif, or global.jrl to be present on your computer. Xbox users should find this helpful. Dialog.tlk is still required for most descriptions however.

Fuu
09-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Sweeeet thanks so much! I love new stuff to play with!
Wooot!

Darth333
09-09-2005, 07:40 PM
v3.3.3 released
Finally, the 333 version - that's my favorite :p

Thanks for your hard work tk :thumbsup:

Soogz
09-09-2005, 10:15 PM
What's new on the 3.3.3 version?

Darth333
09-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Errr...just read tk102's last post above. The update is for xbox users ;)

Soogz
09-09-2005, 10:33 PM
ah. Well that makes the explainable, thanks.

Suraknar
09-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Hllo tk102,

Would it be possible to add the ability to edit the available Feat Points please?

If we can save points and not apply them from each Level, then these are stored somewhere in the savegame file, would it be possible to be able to change that number?

Thank you

tk102
09-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I'll look at that. If you happen to have two savegames -- one before leveling up and one after leveling up (but not spending the Feat points), it would help me greatly to that end. My email address is in the KSE readme.txt

vvvv Got them. Thanks. Not seeing much to go on yet.... vvvv

Suraknar
09-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Thank you TK102,

I sent the files :)

Che Squad
09-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Greetings...
I seem to have run into a problem I can find no previous mention of - I can't seem to be able to start KSE (v3.x) at all. No error messages, nothing...
Double-clicks, [Enter]'s, "Run..." - it just plain won't start.

Does it depend on some specific Service or any other part of WinXP I might've turned off as never needed?

Darth333
09-21-2005, 11:11 PM
It depends on the language of your system: with a non-English system, you should use KSEa - the donwload link is on the same page as KSE, just below KSE.

SITHSLAYER133
09-21-2005, 11:21 PM
im curious tk why do moded items come up in red?

Darth333
09-21-2005, 11:40 PM
because tk has set different colors in the code for items located in the override folder: this way you know right away if it's an original game item or a custom item.

If you look at the source code which tk always includes in the download, you should find this at some point: my $overridestyle = $mw->ItemStyle('text',
-foreground=>'#FF4040',
-selectforeground=>'#A00000', # that's the color code for red
-selectbackground=>'#B0B0B0',
-font=>['Lucida Console','8']);

Che Squad
09-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Darth333,
Heh, cheers. Yep, the non-English version works.
Why I haven't tried it before? You guessed it - my Win's English. ^_^ (And that's what I tried setting _back_ to in all the "Regional and Language Options" - to English (US).) Go figure...

Though I did buy my WinXP in Aussieland and now live in a rather non-English-speaking country...
Ahh, no matter. All's fine now, so thanks again. :-)

SITHSLAYER133
09-22-2005, 08:56 AM
thanks darth333 and to tk for making this thing in the first place

Jaskins
10-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Same here. Under my Jedi class for Bastila, there's a Force Powers folder. Under MY classes folder for Jedi, there is not. Incidently, I used cheat codes to bump my scoundrel up to level 20 on the Endar(sp) Spire. When I got to Dantooine and became a Jedi, I somehow missed the lightsaber dueling training, now I can't go back to do it and have no lightsaber prerequisites. I used KSE to allow me lightsabers, add a Jedi Class, and bump it up to 20, but I still have no force powers. Thoughts? Ideas? Something I'm missing?

RedHawke
10-05-2005, 11:01 PM
^^^^
:eyeraise: Jaskins, right under the post you quoted stoffe -mkb- answers the question...

Look in the Classes section. The Force Powers are listed under the force user classes. For powers you've already learned they are listed under the class that was active at the tim you learned them.

Anyway Jaskins, welcome to the forums! :D

mrdefender
10-11-2005, 04:19 AM
@ Tk102: Would it be ok if I could upload your saved game editor and your dialogue editor on my website? http://jediarchives.ca/

Tried pm and email but got a message saying you don't wish to be contacted that way... so here i am lol

:animelol:

BlackEagle75
10-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi at all!
Anyone can tell me how I can add a lightsaber form to a Character with KSE or an other tools?

General Kenobi
10-15-2005, 06:47 PM
The lightsaber forms are best given with mrdefender's Wrist Console which can be downloaded over at: http://www.pcgamemods.com under the KOTOR II section. ;) It does that and much more.

To get them with everyones favorite tool for TSL game editing simply treat them as a force power. Open up your save game, go down to your class open up whatever you are and you'll see a "force powers" in the tree. Check the show all thingie on the bottom right of the window and then click on the force powers in the tree. On the right is a complete list of "powers" in the game you can give yourself.

All force powers are included but some will crash your game or not work at all ;)

Hope that helps a bit :thumbsup:

I'm loving KSE's ability to browse items and the like and see their icons for handier identification now. Very nice feature indeed :D

:ben:
General Kenobi

BlackEagle75
10-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Thx for the info General Kenobi,
I have installed the Wrist Console mod 1.5 and updated to 1.5a the installation is terminated correctly, but i don't understand how i can access to the diologue of the wrist console can you tell me please?

General Kenobi
10-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I'll go ahead and PM you the info since our topic has now drifted from TK's KSE and I do not wish to hiijack his thread further ;)

AND "Welcome To The Forums BTW BlackEagle75!!!" :D

General Kenobi

TheOssusKeeper
11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
I have a quick question: (I'm not at my computer, so I can't check this out for myself but) Can you use KSE to change the module/location you are in to another location? say like I'm in the Secret Academy on Telos, but I want to change my location to out-side the Academy on the plateau, can I change it with the KSE? and if so, how do I do it?

(asking for someone else in another forum) thanks in advanced... ;)

General Kenobi
11-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey OK, how about just doing a warp xxxxxxx up to the polar cap plateau? ;) Takes less time and you wouldn't even have to exit your game.

Just a thought :D

General Kenobi

TheOssusKeeper
11-09-2005, 08:37 PM
GK, cool idea... I shoulda' thought of that myself, thanks...

xXWinterChaosXx
12-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I have this error when I start KSE
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/Revian/error.jpg

Darth333
12-12-2005, 10:13 AM
This happens when your dialog.tlk file does not match the entries in spells.2da. From the looks of it, are you sure you didn't placed a Kotor 2 spells.2da file in your Kotor 1 override folder? Or accidentally replaced your Kotor 2 dialog.tlk file with the one from Kotor 1? What mods did you installed?

It says that spells.2da tries to read string 124483 while your dialog.tlk doesn't even have 50000 entries.

xXWinterChaosXx
12-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I belive I've lost count of all the mods I have.
There is 1,880 files in my kotor2 override folder

Darth333
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
1880 files... :giveup:

The problem is somewhere with the spells.2da and the dialog.tlk file. As I mentionned above, the two files do not correspond and I suspect you dropped one of them in the wrong game folder (k1 instead of k2 or vice versa).

Kotor 2 original dialog.tlk has about 120 000 entires while in K1 it has only about 50K entries. The error message you are getting says that your spells.2da file is looking for entry no. 124 483 in spells.2da but can only find 50K entries.

That makes only 4 files to check, not 1880 ;)

You can open them with Kotor tool.

Edit: or for a quick solution, try removing spells.2da from your k1 and k2 override folders while you edit with KSE. If it works, then the spells.2da file was the wrong one. If it doesn't work, then the problem is with the dialog.tlk file.

xXWinterChaosXx
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
I removed the spells.2da, then proceeded to open KSE but recived the same error. How could I fix the dialog.tlk file?

Darth Reavean
12-12-2005, 11:57 PM
hmmm....just wondering, why is it that I can't see any icons for the feats and powers. Everytime I click on the feats and powers, the right box is either empty or nothing shows up.......can anyone help me with this???

YertyL
12-13-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I did not really find anything using the search function ....
I had a character added by a mod and now wish to remove him so another character ( HK-47) is able to join my party ... is it somehow possible to completely remove an NPC?

Darth333
12-13-2005, 10:16 AM
xXWinterChaosXx : if you didn't backed up the dialog.tlk file, you'll have to reinstall. When you install a mod that modifies this file, make sure you back up the original .tlk file. Also read the readmes that come with the mods: they contain useful information. Make sure you don'tinstall a k2 mod in K1 and vice versa.

Darth Reavean: click on the list of the powers you already have and then re-click on "force powers" or "feats" to make them appear.

YertyL: not with KSE. You'll need a script here. Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131944

Darth Reavean
12-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Darth333: I tried, but all I keep getting is a blank section. http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9500/feat5yk.gif And do I need an earlier ver of KSE??

Darth333
12-13-2005, 11:27 AM
That's weird but I remember seeing that once before. Let me see if I can find it.

Darth333
12-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Another thing: Do you have any feat.2da file in your override folder? If so, try to remove it.

Darth Reavean
12-16-2005, 12:38 PM
hhmm.....thanks, I think I'll try that. Now is this for the PC right??? I mean I know that my friend says that the xbox ver have the same problem when trying to edit the save and no feats and powers came up........

mrdefender
12-20-2005, 02:05 AM
I'm having one of the oddest problems I've ever seen... KSE is listing the "wrong" force powers. In the game, I have "Shock" but it doesn't show up in KSE... And in KSE I have force powers I never even heard of.. The only force powers that show up in both (game and kse) are the forms (saber and force) and force crush...

http://user.jediarchives.ca/public/kseproblems.jpg

What should I do? :( :(

Darth333
12-20-2005, 03:17 AM
I'm having one of the oddest problems I've ever seen... KSE is listing the "wrong" force powers. In the game, I have "Shock" but it doesn't show up in KSE... And in KSE I have force powers I never even heard of.. The only force powers that show up in both (game and kse) are the forms (saber and force) and force crush...

Check the small "show all" box on the lower left corner of the right panel.

mrdefender
12-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Check the small "show all" box on the lower left corner of the right panel.
No no no.. Sorry, that's not the problem :lol:

I never gave myself 'force valor' or 'drexl shield' (whatever that is) in kotor 2's level up or KSE or whatever other method one could use... but KSE says I did... (showing up in my force powers and all..) but when I go back to kotor 2 it's back to "normal"... that is to say, my force powers remain the same.

According to Kotor 2, I have 'Shock' but not 'Valor'... KSE on the other hand is saying I have valor but not shock... The ammount of force powers I have match in both kotor 2 and KSE, it's the force powers themselves that have gone nuts...

After 30 minutes I figgured out what to do, I had to remove my spells.2da from my override folder, load KSE to give me back all my force powers, save/commit the changes, go back into kotor 2 and load that edited save game and save it again, exit and put spells.2da back to where it was and return to kotor 2 and play the game....

It still shows up all whacky for some wierd reason but I did what I had/wanted to do so it's no longer *that* bad...

Not sure what is going on. It's mostlikely the spells.2da that's being difficult but I don't know why, doesn't TSL Patcher add the stuff at the end of the file? (291 lines, tsl adds X to 292)... shouldn't KSE still be able to find everything considering nothing has moved? :|

Darth Ehnialtor
12-24-2005, 11:54 PM
I need to know I have action replay, I dont know where to put the files to get them to the savegame editor

Greatness7
01-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Could someone help me out? I keep getting these errors when I choose the save directory. Im using the xbox version and i've structured it the best I could understand from the readme.

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/8122/errors8os.th.jpg (http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errors8os.jpg)

Lord Wack
01-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already (didn't find anything on the search).
I have been trying to change T3-M4 to Atris, but his equipment screen is droidic. Even though I have changed the class and removed everything that has to do with droids. Is this even possible to do? Please help.

tk102
01-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Hello Lord Wack. KSE can only change the appearance of T3-M4. Think of it like a disguise. It's really still T3-M4 underneath. To actually replace T3-M4 with Atris would require a recruitment mod. Darth333 outlines this in a good tutorial here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131944).

@Greatness7, do you have savenfo.res in that directory mentioned in the error popup?

Osuirof
02-02-2006, 12:03 PM
KSE is very good, an gets even better from one version to another, but maybe
in next version you (tk102) could put:
- reload saved game option
- delete different items, spawn n pieces of (different) items at once
- preview of item parameters
- changing current PC to one of your party characters
Edited
- extracting items from program (with those in override) inventory

Ferani
02-08-2006, 07:50 AM
I dont know if i missed it or something but did anyone ever have trouble getting in to the program. i just simply cant enter, it doesnt start. no error message nothing, just the window i placed it in and thats it.. can anyone help me?
Oh by the way its for the pc version if that makes any differens

Darth333
02-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Try KSEa instead of KSE (same page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php - it's just under KSE). This normally happens when someone does not have an English OS.

Ferani
02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
thank you, that was easy. totaly missed it when i looked

miraavery
02-25-2006, 09:26 PM
This is awsome. Now you will all die. Mwhaahaahaahaa. I think you could make it a bit easier to add items though...

tk102
02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
I think you could make it a bit easier to add items though...I'm open to suggestions :)

Weiser_Cain
02-26-2006, 01:43 AM
How about being able to see the name of an item before adding it?

tk102
02-26-2006, 01:54 AM
:) That feature is already present.

This is what you see originally when you click the Inventory node:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/816c0340.gif

And then if you scroll to the right...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/49b9a902.gif

Weiser_Cain
02-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Ah Ha! Then my only comment is make this for every game I own.

Weiser_Cain
02-27-2006, 04:31 AM
Wait, a min, how about reading items from the override dir so you can add custom items?

That's what those items in red are --TK

Kensai
02-27-2006, 04:38 AM
I have been using this since it's first incarnation, never actually congratulated tk102's work, amazing.

One thing, which may not be possible, is to choose a different map to load the game from, for instance warp to a different location from the KSE, other than that, which is a half-hearted request more than anything, thankyou. :D

rgdelta
02-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Wait, a min, how about reading items from the override dir so you can add custom items?

It already does that as long as the uti's for the items are in the root of the override not in subfolders

clydeski
02-28-2006, 10:29 PM
KSE 3.3.3 was working fine for me. However it now gives me a windows error message saying KSE needs to close and asking if I want to tell microsoft. As best I can figure from details in the error message the problem is with perl58.dll. Searched my machine and I have no such dll. Does this dll sound like the likley cause of my problem? KSE 3.3.3 used to work for me so I'm assuming that if I need this dll I must have had it at some time, seems odd that it would just disappear. I run zone alarm along with Spyware Doctor, they haven't spotted any problems. Any idea of any recent windows updates which might have deleted this dll? Any suggestions where I could get this dll for a windows xp machine?

Thanks.

tk102
03-01-2006, 12:13 AM
KSE 3.3.3 was working fine for me. However it now gives me a windows error message saying KSE needs to close and asking if I want to tell microsoft. As best I can figure from details in the error message the problem is with perl58.dll. Searched my machine and I have no such dll. Does this dll sound like the likley cause of my problem? KSE 3.3.3 used to work for me so I'm assuming that if I need this dll I must have had it at some time, seems odd that it would just disappear. I run zone alarm along with Spyware Doctor, they haven't spotted any problems. Any idea of any recent windows updates which might have deleted this dll? Any suggestions where I could get this dll for a windows xp machine?

Thanks.
The Perl/Tk applications that I've distributed (including KSE) have been compiled with Activestate's PerlApp utility. This utility wraps the perl interpreter (perl58.dll) and the source code into an executable. When you execute KSE, it unpackages itself into your %TEMP% directory. Such an error that you describe could occur if you had KSE open and the %TEMP% directory was emptied.

Am I right to assume KSE no longer works for you at all? Have you tried rebooting (in case there was orphan process still running)?

Creysis
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I've noticed that custom items are added and can be used in KSE, but what about custom skins that are in the override folder? The .tga files are in the override folder itself and not a sub-directory.

Darkkender
03-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I've noticed that custom items are added and can be used in KSE, but what about custom skins that are in the override folder? The .tga files are in the override folder itself and not a sub-directory.

Skins & models are linked to an item directly via it's ".UTI" file. If you are looking to give a item a different skin you need to name the new skin by the same file name as the old one and overwrite it.

clydeski
03-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Am I right to assume KSE no longer works for you at all? Have you tried rebooting (in case there was orphan process still running)?

Tk102

Gets to point where it creates window, doesn't fill it in. Found where it extracted perl58.dll and other stuff. Tried emptying temp and restarting, same problem. I've tried turning off all my firewalls, antispam, virus checkers to make sure they aren't affecting temps, no luck. I've recently trying to get rid of unecessary startups. I've been pretty carefull. Is it possible I killed off something perl needs?

Great tool by the way. Fortunatley it's still works on my desktop. Don't know why it works there and not my laptop.

Thanks.
Troubleshooting of this taken to PMs until resolved. --tk102

Creysis
03-03-2006, 05:08 AM
AH thought I'd mentioned that I was looking to try and add a custom PC skin to it so I can switch and use that in KSE. Would this method work for that? Ie if i replaced one of the PC models I'm not currently using with this file (after its been backed up of course).

Subach
03-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Hello just got registered , how come i cannot add a party on my savegame? its locked on the editor , any help is appreciated thanks im using version 3.3.3

Darth333
03-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Has the party member already joined your team? KSE only allows you to swap between the npcs who have already joined your party, not to add new party members. Also, you can't have more than 2 npcs in your party.

tk102
03-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Hello, the NPCs in the Current Party node are only selectable if they have already joined you (i.e. they are waiting for you back at the Ebon Hawk). KSE can make them part of your party, but does not recruit them (at least in this version.) :)

Edit: Thanks Darth333 ^^

Subach
03-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok now is clear many thanks

Weiser_Cain
03-08-2006, 10:40 AM
How about copying booleans, position, and such from one game to another or have presets to warp a newly created game to certain points in the game so you could skip past peragus or telos station instead of using the buggy mods?

Sharks9
03-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok only 2 of my save games work but the third which I've edited before says Error msg: Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3 pl line 934 every time I try to access it

tk102
03-10-2006, 06:09 PM
@Weiser_Cain: Globals could easily be copied if I could come up with an intuitive interface for doing so. Warping would be a bit more involved and probably just as buggy, but I'm curious as to how difficult it would be to include so I might play with that too.

@Sharks9: Thank you for the specific feedback. I will take a look at that. :)

shadowriath
03-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I've ran into Sharks problem a couple times. Useally dealing with when I renamed a .uti and any files attached to it. It's gave that error. Rename them back and still same error. Had to reinstall them from the zip for them to work in KSE. Also a couple mods will give this error strieght from the zip file...mostly the ones that come with TSLpatcher methods. The patcher is only needed if you choose not to do the work your self.

Some of these errors may be pointed to not having Kotor1 installed but just having Kotor2 installed. I have found that some files modded from kotor1 to work with kotor2 can not be modded when you have just kotor2 installed.

Sharks9
03-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Ok thnx and after I use the editor I load my game play for a bit quit but when I go back to play it goes to the save game point when I first started using the editor.Also on one of my files all of my party members have dissapeared

tk102
03-12-2006, 04:22 AM
Line 934 is the first attempt to read data from the partytable.res file which should be in savegame folder. Perhaps you could send me a copy of the troublesome partytable.res to the email address in the kse-readme.txt?

Sharks9
03-12-2006, 07:04 AM
I have the file but how do I copy it into an e-mail?

tk102
03-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Just email it as an attachment.

Sharks9
03-15-2006, 07:48 PM
ok sent it for the two games that it's doing that

Asg_007
03-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi, I wonder if anybody can answer my question about KSE 3.3.3. In KotOR 2 I decided to use it to prevent Handmaiden from breaking up our 'relationship' due to Visas. (she angrily asks "Why are you here?", to which I have a few options to choose from, each of which ends in "everything's over"). This happened suddenly, after I returend from Korriban where I had had Visas only as a partymember (no chat, no influence) I got a cutscene of a quarell between Vivas and Handmaiden.

Using KSE I have tried to increase Handmaiden's influence (even up to 98) and Good/Evil stats but this simply isn't working and I get the same response. Decreasing Visas's influence etc. didn't help either. I have also tried look into 'Global' where imporatant game-events seem to be stored but no matter what event concerning Handmaiden I enable or disable this doesn't have any effect when I load my savegame.
Does anybody know how to effectively change relationships within the party (particularly Handmaiden vs. Visas) using KSE? I think there must be something in Global but even if I knew the right option/event that triggers this unfortunate conversation I still don't know what value I should enter there.
I post in this thread since I'm asking about KSE so I guess it is the best place (I didn't want to get a reply "Perhaps in KSE you can do SOMETHING about it").
Plase help me,

Jackel
03-18-2006, 04:10 AM
Asg_007: Where in the game is the save game you are modifying? If it is on the 'Hawk then its too late to modify the save game I think. If oyu have a save game from before entering the 'Hawk on Korriban and getting that cutscene make Handmaidens influence higher then Visas's influence and then go back in to the 'Hawk. You shouldnt get the cutscene now. Well hopefully not.

Asg_007
03-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Well, then it is too late :( since I am trying to modify the savegame AFTER I got the cutscene (and I don't have any savagames from before anymore).
On the other hand, every savegame, I think, MUST store the essential information that tells the game what events have been triggered or not somwhere. And IF KSE has access to this options,perhaps still something might be done.
Thanks for the reply - I have learnt a new thing - more than 2 savegames in such a huge RPG game won't hurt my HDD much.

stoffe
03-18-2006, 06:00 AM
On the other hand, every savegame, I think, MUST store the essential information that tells the game what events have been triggered or not somwhere. And IF KSE has access to this options,perhaps still something might be done.

Change the Global Numbers 000_Hand_Finale, 003EBO_Visas_Hand and 000_Hand_Angry to 0, and boost the Handmaidens influence enough to make sure that Visas don't have 30+ more Influence than she has. That should fix the problem.

Asg_007
03-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Change the Global Numbers 000_Hand_Finale, 003EBO_Visas_Hand and 000_Hand_Angry to 0, and boost the Handmaidens influence enough to make sure that Visas don't have 30+ more Influence than she has. That should fix the problem.

THANKS !!! IT'S WORKING!

I was doing the same things all the time, however, for some reason I overlooked "hand_visas", which in my case was set to 2. As soon as I switched it to 0 I can chat with Handmaiden again.

BTW. It seems a bit confusing that being nice to Visas gives you LSP (the only possible way if you want to be a good character) but decreases Handmaiden's confidence, who is a good character as well. I guess even if you want be a total light side character, you can't be so good all the time...
Moral choices - this makes this game soooooo intersting :)
....and KSE is a wonderful tool when you were too good :)

Thanks again guys. I really appreciate your help!

stoffe
03-18-2006, 07:54 AM
It seems a bit confusing that being nice to Visas gives you LSP (the only possible way if you want to be a good character) but decreases Handmaiden's confidence, who is a good character as well. I guess even if you want be a total light side character, you can't be so good all the time...

It's one of the design decisions in the game I'm not too fond of, requiring you to metagame to keep your party together. Extra annoying since Visas is much quicker to get influence with than the Handmaiden.

You can be nice to both, as long as Visas never have 30+ more influence than the Handmaiden. I.e. you have to speak to the Handmaiden first to boost her influence. Then you can talk to Visas all you want without any problems. It's the influence difference that causes the Handmaiden to go crazy.

Sharks9
03-18-2006, 06:09 PM
ok I can't access my party members anymore whenever I click on the space on the party selection screen theres nothing there and it says "I am broken very very broken"

Asg_007
03-19-2006, 05:17 AM
You can be nice to both, as long as Visas never have 30+ more influence than the Handmaiden. I.e. you have to speak to the Handmaiden first to boost her influence. Then you can talk to Visas all you want without any problems. It's the influence difference that causes the Handmaiden to go crazy.

That clarifies things for the future, although, seems easy to have something done wrong because it is difficult to earn any respect from Haindmaiden and it takes a lot of time. In Visas's case, after several polite conversations I had about 98 inlfluence! Even after very meeting Visas for the first time, it is a way too easy to have more influence over Visas than Handmaiden who has been in the party for so long.

Darth333
03-19-2006, 11:05 AM
That clarifies things for the future, although, seems easy to have something done wrong because it is difficult to earn any respect from Haindmaiden and it takes a lot of time. In Visas's case, after several polite conversations I had about 98 inlfluence! Even after very meeting Visas for the first time, it is a way too easy to have more influence over Visas than Handmaiden who has been in the party for so long.
This is off topic but you should check Achilles' Influence guide to avoid this happening again. It lists every Inf opportunity in the game :)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php

Darth333
03-19-2006, 11:08 AM
This is off topic but you should check Achilles' Influence guide to avoid this happening again. It lists every Inf opportunity in the game :)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php

ok I can't access my party members anymore whenever I click on the space on the party selection screen theres nothing there and it says "I am broken very very broken"
What did you change with KSE? Note that this is a bug that can occur in the game . It is not necessarily caused by KSE.

From this point, there is not much you can do with your save except reloading a previous savegame.

The_Drizzit
03-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey. I was messing around with a TSL save, and I noticed that under the classes there is a class that says: BountyHunter(CUT!!!). I've never noticed this in-game so i was just wondering where this came from. Thanx for our great tool!

Jackel
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey. I was messing around with a TSL save, and I noticed that under the classes there is a class that says: BountyHunter(CUT!!!). I've never noticed this in-game so i was just wondering where this came from. Thanx for our great tool!
I believe that was going to be Hanharr and Mira's class rather then what they are now (scouts).