PDA

View Full Version : KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

tk102
02-22-2004, 10:23 PM
KSE v3.3.4 (3.3.3) (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) released 9/26/06 (Starwarsknights.com)

v3.3.4 (edit: temporarily disabled -- use 3.3.3 instead)
- Recompiled with newer version of TLK handler. Should prevent some unexpected "Memory could not be 'read'" errors.

v3.3.3
- No longer requires the following files: chitin.key, 2da.bif, templates.bif, or global.jrl

v3.3.2
- Fixed a very long standing bug that prevented some Global Numerics from displaying
- Quests node starts in collapsed position
- .sig file creation is now dependent on the pre-existence of a .sig file in the savegame folder (see readme)

v3.3.1
- Added ability to edit Current Party
- Fixed bug where not all current Quests were showing up in blue in Quest List
- Fixed bug where customized global.jrl files with localized strings were not being displayed properly

v3.3.0
- Added ability to edit your Quest progressions (Journal Entries)

Tianhou_Zhong
02-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Thats totally rocks! But if this editor can edit party NPCs Feats\Force Power, is going to be even cooler!

tk102
02-28-2004, 03:38 AM
This version (v1.0.1) has now moved to beta. It can be downloaded by using the link in this sticky post. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122049)

tk102
03-01-2004, 06:10 AM
v1.0.5 released.

Added ability to change class levels of PC and NPCs. (May be of some interest to modders.)
Added multiple selectivity on Add Feats and Add Powers lists
Added checkbox to turn on/off extraneous Feats / Powers

Darth-Ra
03-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Cool, and thanks for such a wonderful tool...It sure beats messing with .sav files in a hex editor and quicker too :cheers:

tk102
03-03-2004, 07:12 AM
v1.1.0 released.

Enhanced the Feats/Powers lists, this time by showing the character's current feats/powers in a different color. Also added a Remove button at the bottom of the list to allow for multiple removals.

If you've downloaded KSE before, you may want to clear your disk cache / temporary internet files before downloading. Otherwise your browser might say 'Hey we've already got that file, here you go' and open up an old version. It's a drawback of using the same URL over and over.

tk102
03-07-2004, 06:28 AM
v1.2.0 released

Added ability to change global booleans and global numbers. This is the same as using SetGlobalBoolean and SetGlobalNumber in a script. Perhaps of more interest is the ability to easily see what those values are as progress through the game.

tk102
03-07-2004, 09:56 PM
v 1.2.2 released

Added ability to change the PC's gender.

Have fun.

Weiser_Cain
03-08-2004, 01:32 AM
How about inventory editing?

tk102
03-08-2004, 03:24 AM
Mm. Looks challenging.

darth makaan
03-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Can ya change ability points? Add feats?

Jackel
03-08-2004, 07:45 AM
tk : what about adding a way to make your NPC's dual class ?

Goran
03-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
How about inventory editing?

LOl was just gonna ask this very same thing.

I don't want to change item properties, since someone else is working on an editor for that one. But to just give items whould be kool.

tk102
03-09-2004, 07:34 PM
darth makaan said:Can ya change ability points? Add feats?

Of course!

then Jackel said:
what about adding a way to make your NPC's dual class
I'm working on that -- hopefully I'll have the kinks worked out tonight or tomorrow.

and Goran wants
to just give items
So the cheat isn't convenient enough? It would be cool, but I don't see a big bang for the buck you know?

Goran
03-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah I guess you're right.

anyway, kick ass work, man.

tk102
03-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks, Goran. I think it adds fun to the game.

dynamicnet
03-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Greetings:

Hopefully not a dumb question; but if you change the gender, does the image of the character change... and is that controlable?

Thank you.

tk102
03-09-2004, 11:16 PM
No -- it's your little secret.:p

dynamicnet
03-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Greetings tk102:

I will not ask...

Jackel
03-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by tk102
and Goran wants

to just give items

So the cheat isn't convenient enough? It would be cool, but I don't see a big bang for the buck you know? [/B]

another way to do this is edit the utc file of the NPC characters you meet during the game (including Calo and Bandon) so that certain items appear when you add them to your party , or kill them as the case maybe

Goran
03-10-2004, 05:55 AM
I keep hitting a brick wall during the "Vision" cut scenes. And I end up in one of wings of the Ebon Hawk, and can't go anywhere unless I warp. Wondering if this is a version problem or if it's just another mod affecting the editor.

I am using the both genders option.

And the Force with armor mod.

I am doing a full reinstall right now and will let you know If it was me, probably was lol, who flubbed something up.

I have a felling it may have some thing with the Feat gain Mod i was using.

tk102
03-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Here's a quote from the readme.txt file included in kse.zip
If you make your early single-class character a Jedi class... you may run into a sequence where you should be seeing a "dream" cutscene but instead you're locked up in a room with a "cut scene" object that doesn't do anything. In that case, use the Editor to change your character back to a non-Jedi and reload your savegame. KotOR should handle the dream cut scene normally, and then you should be able to change back. So far I've found this to be necessary in the following instances: Leaving the Endar Spire, Leaving Taris.

Does that apply to your case?

Goran
03-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Not sure....

ahhh...

Yes that's it.

Ok thanks man.

I'll carry on again in the morning.

/yawn

Damn! It's 2am?

lol

I need sleep lol

Darth333
03-10-2004, 01:06 PM
tk102:

Just some feedback concerning your KSE.

I have the same problem as Goran.

I first used the editor to change class when I was on Tatoine and now, each time I use the Galaxy map to go to another planet my PC is locked into a wing of the Ebon Hawk with that unusable "cut scene" thing. The only way I can get out is by warping to another area, which can be pretty annoying. At that time I didn't make the link with the editor so I reinstalled the game but I noticed that the problem came back when I used the editor again. ( I didn't tried those weird force powers).

This time I used the editor to change class (soldier to guardian) on the Endar Spire and I have this problem leaving the Endar Spire and Taris. I tried changing back to soldier and it works fine but then if I want to go back to the Guardian class i have to reedit all the force powers.

If those problems could be solved, your editor would be a great tool since it allows to configure our party as we wish. It's also the most user friendly editor I've seen for Kotor.

Goran
03-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Apparently changing the Gender also causes the same problem.

Goran
03-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Something has happened to the both gender option.

It has stopped working.

Carth and Bastila don't seem to respond to the Both gender feature anymore.....

tk102
03-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Goran, Darth333 -
Thanks for your feedback. In regards to the cutscenes failings, I believe the scripts associated with some cutscene objects are faulting out for some reason. Hopefully I can trace down the root cause.

As for the gender changing -- is there a chance you may be working with a corrupted savegame or maybe have the editor open at the same time as swkotor.exe? Could you send an email to me detailing the problem as best you can recall -- see the readme.txt for email address.

Goran
03-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Goran, Darth333 -
Thanks for your feedback. In regards to the cutscenes failings, I believe the scripts associated with some cutscene objects are faulting out for some reason. Hopefully I can trace down the root cause.

As for the gender changing -- is there a chance you may be working with a corrupted savegame or maybe have the editor open at the same time as swkotor.exe? Could you send an email to me detailing the problem as best you can recall -- see the readme.txt for email address.

Man these forums are running slow today.

Ok as for the cut scenes I was able to by pass them by using a difent gender mod.

As for the editor... I was playing a female char, and trying to use the Both gender option.

I am still uncertain as to why it was happening, but the new gender mod I am using seems to be wroking so far. I have only made to Dantooine so far.

But I am using the other features of your editor such as give feats, skills etc. and it's working fine.

I'll let you know if I need to change back to a soldier when I leave Dantooine.

tk102
03-11-2004, 02:20 PM
I've investigating the problem of using KSE to change to a Jedi on the Endar Spire and getting stuck in the "vision" sequence after the crash landing on Taris.

Here's the sequence of scripts that I believe swkotor.exe goes through:

1. end_pod.utp (Escape pod placeable)
2. end_pod.dlg (dialog of "use the escape pod")
3. k_pend_pod01.ncs (loads the STUNT_00 module)
4. k_pend_pod02.ncs (end_pod.utp OnUsed) (hard to tell what this script does, fade in, fade out, initializations,etc)
5. k_pdialogue.ncs (invisible001.utp OnUsed) (script called by the CutStart object, invokes Jordo.utp and his conversation)
6. Jordo.utp (invisible man)
7. cut00_convers.dlg (Jordo's dialog to initialize the 'vision' sequence)
8. k_ren_visonland.nss (loads the Taris module)
9. tar_m02af.ifo (Taris module loaded)
10. k_pebn_hawk.ncs (invokes the vision initializes the apartement with Carth)

Somehow this chain is getting broken around step 5 because the invisible001.utp doesn't do anything visibly. Unfortunately most of these scripts are compiled and decompiled scripts are hard to read (even you do know assembly). In addition I can't follow how step 4 goes to step 5.

I'm looking for help here from anyone who might be able to figure this out. It doesn't make sense to me how being a Jedi can break this chain.

Goran
03-11-2004, 02:39 PM
I am not sure either. But since there is a Padawan mod out there, you might want to take a look at that.

I don't see how changing your gender could break it either. There is a gender mod out there that doesn't break it, so you may want to look how that's done too.

Kitty Kitty
03-11-2004, 04:29 PM
The "other gender mod" simply alters the scripts.

By default, the scripts check the player's gender and return a value depending on which script is used.

The problem with that mod is that it works for some things, but not for others because some things in the game check "is the PC male" and others check "is the PC female" - there seems to be no actual standard for it.

The mod that's floating around out there simply makes the game always say "yes" - which seems to work for at least some of the romance stuff (haven't tested it all myself yet), but I know it also makes some other aspects of the game a bit odd (various NPCs will consider you the wrong gender etc).

TK's editor goes about things a little differently. It actually sets your gender to both - which believe it or not was a viable, included possible gender in the game files by default. There just wasn't a way to use or select it before.

As for why it might be breaking things.. I haven't actually looked into it, because as stated, a lot of that is in pre-compiled scripts anyway... but - I'm guessing there's a gender check for the PC before the conversation with Carth on Taris.

I've always played the game with female characters, but I get the impression he'd probably have a different demeanor towards me than the one he always has once I wake up. Perhaps having gender at both is giving some sort of error that the game doesn't know quite how to manage at that point.

Likewise, seems to me there's a dialogue option in that sequence where he asks about what you used to do. The game probably only has options at that point available for Scout, Scoundrel, and Soldier. Setting your first class to one of the 3 Jedi classes means you can't pick any of those anymore.. which again, is simply a condition the game has no idea how to check for.

Perhaps this is something that could be solved by finding and adding to the .tlk file (or is it a .dlg) for that module? I'd look into it myself, but I haven't even begun to dig into those dialogues yet and I know others have had a lot more experience and success with editing them already. (T7 or gameunlimited perhaps?)

-Kitty

Kitty Kitty
03-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Ok... been doing a little more investigation.

When you leave the Endar Spire (Click on "Use the escape pod"), first you get the movie that shows the pod launch and then crash land on Taris.

This plays no matter what.

Then what's supposed to happen is you get a series of cut-scene like deals in sort of a slideshow. It goes something like this:

1. Click on escape pod
2. select dialogue choice (assumption is you choose to use pod here)
3. see pod cutscene
3a. (the error happens here if gender is not male or female - or if class is other than the starting 3)
4. see a "restless sleep" cutscene - this is the same one you see right before you see any of the visions.
5. see the first "Bastila vs. Revan" cutscene
6. see the "you waking up" cutscene - starts similar to 4 above, but then you stand up and look around.
7. Carth Initiates Dialogue with you - as far as I can tell, this dialoogue has no options or branches that seem to change based on class or on gender.

Now then.. as I said, the problem seems to be between 3 and 4 no matter which is altered (gender or class). I believe the reason is because the game plays a slightly different animation for males and females. Presumably, this might also be altered based on class. The differences are pretty minor, so that's hard to tell, but if you make a quicksave right at the pod, then go through the sequence once as female and once as male, you can see some slight changes.

The eyes are, for lack of a better way to put it, closed tighter for the male, and the actual positioning and angle of the head are slightly different. If you actually use a female model but alter gender to male, your head clips into the pillow too much.

Soooo.. obviously there's a script firing after the escape pod cutscene that's checking for a gender, but gets confused if it doesn't get a result that tests positive for either male or female.

Presumably, since the error happens in the same location, that script (or another called from the same place) also checks for class, but since it's at such an early point in the game, it doesn't understand what to do if it finds anything other than Scout, Scoundrel, or Soldier.

I haven't dug down into the module files yet, but I wanted to at least get these results out there so they can help as you try to nail this down.

-Kitty

Darth333
03-11-2004, 07:29 PM
I'd like to be able to help you more but I'm just a beginner. So the only thing I can do for now is to give you some additional feedback.

However, you may want to take a look at the Darth Revan mod
here (http://www.sith-res.tk)
which turns the PC into a Jedi on the Endar Spire. I've been using this mod during a few games and never ran into any problem.

Things that work fine with your editor:
-I changed the skills, name , attributes and feats of my PC with your editor while using the Darth Revan Mod and everything was ok.
It seems that the problem only arises when making a class and gender change.

Kitty Kitty
03-11-2004, 07:39 PM
If I remember that mod correctly, it makes you a Jedi, but you're still multi-classed aren't you?

As in, you still have a class of soldier, scout, or scoundrel, albeit at only level 1?

If that's the case, then no. It wouldn't be affected at all by this problem.

-Kitty

Jackel
03-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
It seems that the problem only arises when making a class and gender change.

nope , also happens if you just change one of these things

also i found it creates problems if you play around with Trasks model , the game hates it if he isnt his "Unique_Trask" model , but its funny to see him as a sith appretance (same as the "its a dark jedi! this fight is to much for us!" guy you see fighting)

Kitty Kitty
03-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Well without using any mods that affect your class at this point in the game, it's (as far as I can tell) impossible to ADD a class with the savegame editor.

You can change the one you already have, but since there's only one class actually listed, I don't see any way to add or change your second class (the one you'd normally gain on Dantooine).

Soo.. makes it hard for me to test anything on that line. =/

My GUESS would be, if you DO use the Revan mod, and thus gain a second class on the Endar Spire, and THEN used the save editor, you'd be ok so long as you didn't try to change your STARTING class to anything other than scout, scoundrel, or soldier.

But as I don't use the Revan mod, I haven't specifically tested that. But then again, if you're already going to use the Revan mod anyway, why would you want to bother changing your class with the save editor? :)

-Kitty

Darth333
03-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty

But as I don't use the Revan mod, I haven't specifically tested that. But then again, if you're already going to use the Revan mod anyway, why would you want to bother changing your class with the save editor? :)

-Kitty

Using the Darth Revan mod is an alternate solution I found. But for the benefit of others who are using the KSE only, it could be a problem. Furthermore, the KSE is a very interesting tool with more flexibility than the Darth Revan mod and you can customize your entire party whenever you want.

As for the class change problem, I will verify. I used the editor more than once (not only on the Endar Spire) and I remember trying to change class on Tatoine when the problem first occured. I would have been multi-class at that time. But as I mentionned, I don't want to mislead anyone and I will verify. It could well be something else because I was trying other stuff as well at that time.

Darth333
03-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Ok, i got home so no more speculation: i found that old saved game on Tatoine. It appears that the class change i made was a weird one: consular and guardian (hey i just wanted the additional force powers that a consular gets during the game).

I tried to make a class change from soldier/guardian to scoundrel/consular and everything went for the best.

Sorry for my rambling...

Kitty Kitty
03-11-2004, 10:03 PM
No worries. Any feedback is good feedback when trying to track something like this down. ;)

At least it would seem that the problems are definitely confined to:
1. Gender other than specifically male or female.
2. 1st class other than scout, soldier, or scoundrel.

Makes it easier to fix the more we know about just what exactly is broken. ;)

-Kitty

Goran
03-12-2004, 04:22 AM
OK I found that using the Both gender Mod running around, and playing a female will give you All the romances. . Carth Bastila, and Juhani.

I also did not change the class.
I waited till I could become a jedi, before leveling my Main char.
Once I got to dantooine, I ubered everyone with feats and skills, and powers, and etc. I did not play with XP.

So far so good, one starmap to go and No breakage there.

OK so we have figured out that making you're self a Jedi before it's time, and the gender option will break the game.

Well now we know.... And knowing is half the battle.

Kitty Kitty
03-12-2004, 04:29 AM
Hold up a sec Goran,

We weren't saying that the romance mod broke anything.

The problem is if you use KSE to hack your save game and actually set yourself to be both genders - which while similar, is NOT what the romance mod does - breaks the game.

Well, it doesn't "break" it, but it causes a problem in some places.. the first of which being between the Endar Spire and Taris.

It will also happen if you use the editor to make your ORIGINAL class anything but the 3 you can choose at character creation.

I know the problem is in a check in a script someplace.. the trouble is figuring out a way around it, since most of them aren't available as source - just compiled versions. =/

-Kitty

tk102
03-12-2004, 06:57 AM
v1.3.0 released
Added ability to add/remove classes to PC and NPCs (see readme)
Added Min1HP flag for immortality for PC and NPCs
Expanded sex changing to NPCs
Added mousewheel support for XP

Actually I could some feedback regarding the last one, cuz I have Win2K.

Barring any obvious bugs, this will probably be the last version for awhile.

Kitty Kitty
03-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Haven't tested the rest yet, but as far as I can tell, wheel support doesn't seem to be working.

Win XP with a Logitech Dual optical wheelman mouse.

*edit*
Incidentally, I also have a Logitech keyboard (forget which model) which has an additional wheel on the side which allows me to simulate a mouse wheel for like web browsers and whatnot. It doesn't seem to work either.
*/edit*

Just figured I'd let ya know :)

-Kitty

tk102
03-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Thanks Kitty. <shrug>
It's a known bug in the current version of Perl/Tk that should be solved when the next version is released. I was attempting a workaround that I read about.

<good night!>

Kitty Kitty
03-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Ok hon. I'm not really bothered by it or anything. Just figured I'd pass it along so ya knew what's up.

In any case, I'm sure I speak for far more than just myself when I say thanks for the continued effort. It's still a very useful tool. :)

-Kitty

T7nowhere
03-12-2004, 09:21 AM
*edit*
Incidentally, I also have a Logitech keyboard (forget which model) which has an additional wheel on the side which allows me to simulate a mouse wheel for like web browsers and whatnot. It doesn't seem to work either.
*/edit*-Kitty

heh. I think we have the same Keyboard Kitty. I have a Logitech Elite keyboard(black matches the rest of my system) and a Microsoft optical mouse blue. The wheel function does not work for either one.

But the main reason im posting is That I fragged two saves( not a big deal they were back ups of other saves)this happend when I added jedi guardian class lvl1 to canderous( I didn't give him any jedi feats or powers) When the Save load it hung on load the a windows send don't send error popped up. The second time I tried to make Jolee a jedi Guardian and the same thing happend.

by the way does kse still output an error log. and if so where is it :confused:

One last note your bring out each new version so fast I can't keep up :) I haven't tried half of the added features from the last couple versions. :fett:

Jackel
03-12-2004, 10:37 AM
TK try that Canderous save again but give him one force power , any one you want , it shouldnt crash i had the same problem when i changed trask to a jedi and didnt give him force powers

game doesnt seem to like you being a jedi without having some powers ~shrugs~

T7nowhere
03-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Hmm. You talking to me Jackel.
maybe. The thing is I gave Jolee guardian class and he had lots of force powers and he was only lvl 17. I'll try it again and report back.

EDIT: :rolleyes: OK I fragged 2 more saves one that I now wish I had Backed up and the other was a quick save.

So what I did was load an clean save game(no mods at all) and then I quicksaved it to try out kse on. Well I gave candorous jedi guardian class and attempted to add force powers, but they would not add so I wanted to if I could change his soldier class to guardian and add force powers there, but i deleted the soldier class.So i thought If I just close the program and reload it the save would be back to normal as I didn't even save it although I did apply the changes.

When kse reloaded the quick would not open, and so I thought I ould just do the same thing again but for some reason the save That I did NOT edit was Fragged. and even stranger the quike save would load but my crew was gone.

So I quite the game and was about to post this when a thought struck me(i won't bother with details) I tried to load the quick save and my entire system froze :rolleyes: I had to hit reset :rolleyes: I shouldn't have been surprized about that.

Anyway to sum up some when I closed kse in the middle of editing a quicksaveI killed that save plus the save that it was saved from. :(

but the other thing also is that when I gave candorous Jedi guardian Class i could not add force powers. I didn't try anyone else but that didn't work.

ok enough of my rambling. :) there is my report of an unsuccessful edit. Did I do something wrong :confused: :cool:

tk102
03-12-2004, 02:35 PM
T7- I'm sorry it's caused so many of your savegames to get corrupted! :(

Okay, so I'm reading that there's a problem giving NPCs a Jedi class. I'll start with that one.

When you add a Jedi class, you immediately see a Force Powers leaf appear underneath it. You should be able to click it and see selectable force powers on the right.

The KSE.log will be written to only if it exists. So you have to create it.

T7nowhere
03-12-2004, 02:55 PM
I could see the force powers, but they would not highlight so I couldn't pick em. It worked ok when i just changed the npc's first class to a jedi one. multiclass didn't work though. I did only try candorous and Jolee.

Don't worry about the saves getting corrupted. :rolleyes: I should have backed them up. it's ok any I still have atleat 6 clean saves and about another dozen others.

that was the only new feature I tried, After that happend I thought It best to not push my luck any futher. :)

tk102
03-12-2004, 05:26 PM
v1.3.1 released

Patched a bug that disallowed force powers from being added to NPCs who got a jedi class addition.

Note: If you add a jedi class to an NPC, you must still add one force power -- that bug hasn't been fixed yet. If you don't the game will crash if you open up that NPC's 'Powers' menu.

Edit: I've got Canderous running around as a Soldier/Guardian using 'Fear' on Hulak Wraids.

tk102
03-13-2004, 06:36 AM
v1.3.2 released

Patched a bug that disallowed force powers from being removed from NPCs who got a jedi class addition.

T7 or anyone else, I'd like to hear whether or not your savegames remain legit after multiclassing. Just be sure to keep a 1-force power minimum on jedi classes.

Goran
03-13-2004, 07:29 AM
Hold up a sec Goran,

We weren't saying that the romance mod broke anything.

The problem is if you use KSE to hack your save game and actually set yourself to be both genders - which while similar, is NOT what the romance mod does - breaks the game.

Well, it doesn't "break" it, but it causes a problem in some places.. the first of which being between the Endar Spire and Taris.

It will also happen if you use the editor to make your ORIGINAL class anything but the 3 you can choose at character creation.

I know the problem is in a check in a script someplace.. the trouble is figuring out a way around it, since most of them aren't available as source - just compiled versions. =/

-Kitty

Some where I missed a paragraph. Must not have had my coffee yet or something lol.

I meant to say that, to by pass the gender prob, I was using an outside gender mod.

I haven't tinkered with the NPC non Jedi's as far as powers go.
But I did give everyone in the group all feats possible.
I am gonna run through it again with the new editor, and see if i can have the full party as Jedi's.

All though I did not give my non jedi's any jedi powers, I did use the editor on all the Jedi's, including my main char once I got trained as a guardian, to give them all the powers possible, and completed both light and dark sides with no ill effect.

Has anyone tried this editor out yet?
Can I get Jedi powers at the very begining, with out having to worry about the cut scene?

and BTW if I haven't said it before TK, I appreciate all the hard work and effort you have put into this.

njcboy
03-13-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi,

Is the "Master Flurry" in the feats list? I just couldn't find it.

Jackel
03-13-2004, 08:43 AM
on the feat list the second to last feat is called "whirlwind attack (master flurry)" this is what its named as , no idea why but hey add that and you have your feat added

tk102
03-13-2004, 03:36 PM
The cutscenes still get you stuck entering and leaving Taris. The problem is buried in the compiled scripts for the cutscenes.

(Was able to contact Lil' Jawa by email though and asked him to take a peek at the problem in his spare time.)

Goran
03-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Forums slowing down again,

Well, I guess I can just use the padawan mod for the time being.

Everything else on the editor works fine.

So no complaints here.

Good Job man.

Helodermatid
03-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I think I know what causes the problem where if you're not a male/female and you're not one of the three normal starting classes you won't be able to complete the endar spire->taris cutscene successfully.

In the module STUNT_00 there is a cut00_convers.dlg. Each of the starting entries for this file has a startingconditionals script associated with them. The scripts that fire are:

k_small.ncs for male scoundrel
k_small_female.ncs for female scout
k_medium.ncs for male scout
k_medium_female.ncs for female soldier
k_tall.ncs for male soldier
k_tiny.ncs for female scoundrel

If you're not one of the above combination, then the conversation will proceed no longer (and you're stuck in the cutscene). This conversation eventually calls k_ren_visionland which loads tarm02af module.

One fix for this is to add a starting entrylist to this dlg file which has no script associated with it (blank "active" field). This way, you can get pass the cutscene regardless of your combination.

Now, if you do this, you'll run into another similar problem. In the module tarm02af (Taris apartment) there is a tar02_carth022.dlg file that also contain class/gender check. This is found in the third ReplyList's EntriesList field. The associated scripts this time are:

k_pend_bedtall.ncs for male soldier
k_pend_bedmed.ncs for male scout or female soldier
k_pend_bedsml.ncs for male scoundrel or female scout
k_pend_bedtiny.ncs for female scoundrel

Again, if you edit this .dlg file and add another entry with no script in the active field, you would be able to get pass this dialog.

I stopped testing at this point, but there may be other cutscenes dialog file that you need to edit if you want to play through with a nonstandard class/gender combination.

tk102
03-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Great freaking detective work H!

:rock: :sheepdanc :cowdance
:guitar2 :band1 :lock: :sbdance

Question --
I'm looking at the cut00_convers.dlg file right now. I see the StartingList and the CResRefs listed in it. My question is: How does swkotor.exe define k_tall, etc.? If that could be fooled or defaulted, then the problem would be solved without having to remove the StartingList altogether.

Helodermatid
03-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Wow what band is that, tk102? ;)

You actually don't delete the startinglist entries. Just add one more (for cut00_convers.dlg that would be #6) and for the active field, leave that blank. That would then be the default. For the Index DWORD, just put any valid entries, say 2. That might screwed up the cut scene a little but that wouldn't be a big problem.

k_tall returns true if the PC is a male soldier, false otherwise. If k_tall is true then StartList entry 0 will fire, calling EntryList 10 (read from Index field) , which then calls ReplyList 10(read from EntryList 10->RepliesList ->Index field), which then runs k_ren_visionland (read from ReplyList 10->Script) [and also calls EntryLists 11 and so on].

Your suggestion also works: if we remove k_tall from the active field of StartList 0 then this branch will fire if all other branch's ACTIVE field script returns false. This should also solve the problem.

Hope this makes sense

tk102
03-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Thank you for explaining that so well. When I get a little time, I'll package the modified .dlg files with KSE and hopefully that will be that.

P.S. That's my band from college. I'm that electric bass player.

tk102
03-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Fixed dialogs are now available. I've bundled them with KSE.zip file, but you can also download them separately here (http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/kotor/cutscene_dlgs.zip).

tk102
03-16-2004, 07:57 PM
v1.3.3 releasd

Found and eliminated a pesky bug that caused KSE to close when opening up a savegame near the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

(For those who care: It was due to a case sensitivity issue -- the savenfo.res referred to the lastmodule as "Danm13" while the savegame.sav stored it as "danm13".)

Goran
03-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Using the Padawan Mod and the Both gender mod is fantastic with this editor.
I have already run through it Lightside and Darkside.

With the editor I am able to give everyone in my party Force powers, and I do mean all the force powers, not to mention feats. It's freaking awesome.

I can boost or lower my stats to make it easier or harder.

Great Job Man!!!

Best Savegame editor I have ever played around with!!!

I bosted all my team mates stats so high, that I almost had a neverending battle on the temple summit when I went over the darkside. It was fantastic. Took me an hour to defeat Jolee and Juhani lol. Mainly cause I was letting auto attack do all the work.

darth makaan
03-17-2004, 05:15 AM
hey tk102 will there be one that will replace or add items?

CrackTek
03-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Awesome Editor tk... One thing I'm having a problem with is HP and FP for the main character. They aren't taking in the new values.

I also am wondering if you'll be adding inventory hack to this as well. Keep up the good work!! :)

Tianhou_Zhong
03-20-2004, 02:29 PM
What do you mean by "make your PC or NPC immortal"? :confused:

tk102
03-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Darth Makaan, CrackTek:
No plans right now to do any inventory stuff with KSE.

Tianhou_Zhong: Try out the Min1HP setting and you tell me.
:)

See gameunlimited's contribution to this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1474498#post1474498) thread.

Tianhou_Zhong
03-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Is that mean you can make your self and your NPC invincible(God Mod)? Because on the Endar Spire the Min1HP setting was on by it self. And when I am on taris, The Min1HP setting was off by it self!

tk102
03-20-2004, 11:54 PM
More like you can't die. Your minimum hitpoints become 1 (alive barely) instead of 0 (dead/unconscious). So it's not the same as the invulnerability cheat.

I think it's used for things like the Juhani fight, the Bastilla fight, etc. where the game doesn't let you kill the opponent in order to further the plot.

Tianhou_Zhong
03-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh :p ! Thanks a lot TK! Your Savegame Editor better and better!!! :)

darth makaan
03-22-2004, 06:07 AM
Darth Makaan, CrackTek:
No plans right now to do any inventory stuff with KSE.

Tianhou_Zhong: Try out the Min1HP setting and you tell me.
:)

See gameunlimited's contribution to this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1474498#post1474498) thread.

is it at least possible?

CrackTek
03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I was still just wondering if anyone else is having issues with giving say your Fresh new lvl 1 Charater say 200 HP to start with and then starting the game and s/he doesn't have said 200 HP's? I have been trying to figure this out. Anyone else having this problem or am I just a morron and I'm doing something wrong? :)

tk102
03-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Sorry about that -- I meant to update the readme. Max Hit Points and Max Force Points are recalculated by swkotor.exe upon loading, despite your edits.

http://sithres.board.dk3.com/2/viewtopic.php?p=207#207

Weiser_Cain
03-23-2004, 02:04 AM
Hmm that gives me a good idea for a mod. A new feat that adds a multiplyer to your force points...

Jackel
03-23-2004, 02:49 AM
Waiser : what about just modifying the force sensitive feat that you get when you become a jedi and make it say 100 FP's rather then 40 (not sure what file it would be in or what to edit or id do it myself...) and supply it to the other jedi in your party from the get go so that they have it when you find them , this would require adding the p_bastilla etc files to the DL but thats easily done

Weiser_Cain
03-23-2004, 03:33 AM
Because that would really unbalance the game. Now that I think of it, it would be nice to make this a dark force feat that takes points fron your constitution and or strength and adds them to the base multiplier...

Again now that I'm warmed-up. How feasible would it be to add a dark force point penalty to using dark force powers?

Ossian
03-28-2004, 10:21 PM
I've tried to modify my Max Force Points without effect.
Is it a bug?
There is a way to change the Force pool?

tk102
03-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Look about 4-5 posts above yours.

darth makaan
03-29-2004, 06:10 AM
i still don't get it. max fp can't be modified but fp can?

Ossian
03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Got it :(
However i have spotted a problem.
When i give my character a Jedi class instead of a normal class
(1st level Jedi Guardian istead of 1st level Soldier)
the Force point are not added.
So at the 20th level the real force pool is the one of a 19th level character!
Is there a way to modify this? :jedijawa:

tk102
03-29-2004, 02:14 PM
dm: That's right. Your MFP and MHP, even though stored in the savegame, are not used directly upon game loading. They are calculated from your Attributes and any modifying items in your inventory and level. Meanwhile, your FP and HP are restored from the stored savegame values. However, they cannot exceed the MFP and MHP. (Try saving a game when your force or health is depleted and try editing your HP or FP back to MHP and MFP.)

Ossian: Although the savegame editor does not show MFP/FP when you add a Jedi class to a character that doesn't have it, upon load and saving that game, you will have MFP and FP. However, remember that you won't automatically have the Feat "Force Sensitivity" which grants you that additional 40 FP off the bat. But you can use the savegame editor to add that. So basically, the game will figure out your MFP and MHP for whatever level you are upon *loading* the game, not at level up. So you're okay.

Ossian
03-29-2004, 02:50 PM
You're right, but only if you add a class to a character.
I have replaced my original class with a jedi one (for the joy of having a 20th level jedi :D ).
My character has 10 CHA & 12 WIS so he got a +1 to his force points, but at the 20th level he had a total of 135 force points (4*19 + 40).
I have tried to generate a new character as a 1st level jedi guardian, but the HP (6) and FP (0) was the ones of the previous class (a scoundrel in this case).

tk102
03-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Really? Hmm. Bummer...:)

Tianhou_Zhong
03-29-2004, 07:07 PM
tk, you should make your Savegame Editor can add/remove your party members. And you should make another file that is not self installing (Like Zip File) for the Savegame Editor.

tk102
03-29-2004, 07:27 PM
TZ -- adding and removing party members would very likely screw up your game. It's safer to do that with scripting methinks.

-- Zip file is preferred? And to think that I was trying to make it easier... since there are custom dialogs that need to be put in the right folder and all. I'm pretty limited on webspace so it's either one or the other or I'll need to take down some other files.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have KSE check the Override folder for spells.2da and use it if present.

tk102
03-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Version 1.4.0 released

Will now read spells.2da if it exists in the Override folder. This allows custom spells to be added to the PC and NPCs.

Follow the link in my sig.

(Oh yeah -- reverted back to .zip format for you TZ...)

darth makaan
03-30-2004, 07:19 AM
big bug or something. it restarts my puter while i'm editing force powers or feats or anything then it gives me a "windows has recovered from from a serious error" message when it finishes rebooting. is this normal? i'm using winxp pro btw

Ossian
03-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Is there a way to modify the information on the character that the game takes?

tk102
03-30-2004, 01:12 PM
dm - Seriously? That's repeatable? Okay I'll assume so -- try your download again -- v1.4.1 has been uploaded. I tried to simplify some memory handling. There's really not much that's different between 1.4.0 and 1.3.3.

Looking for some feedback here -- anybody?

Ossian - :confused: I don't know what you mean exactly.

darth makaan
03-30-2004, 09:39 PM
i'm downloading it now. i'll let ya know. with 1.3.3 it did it 6 times while editing them

tk102
03-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Try creating a log file. Just create a new text document in the same folder as KSE and rename the document 'kse.log'. If the behavior continues, that will be the first thing I'll ask for.

darth makaan
03-30-2004, 10:12 PM
ok will do

Tianhou_Zhong
03-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Can you sent me an EXE file of it? I'll upload it and give you the link. Thanks!

E-Mail: zhongtianhou@earthlink.net

tk102
03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm already hosting it. Click on my sig.

Tianhou_Zhong
03-30-2004, 11:19 PM
I mean EXE file. :p

Alfrauk
03-30-2004, 11:48 PM
That thing Darth Makaan was talking about has happened to me when using version 3.1. Thats why I dont use it anymore.

tk102
03-31-2004, 12:43 AM
I assume you mean 1.3.0. So it actually rebooted your computer or did it just terminate the program?

In 1.3.3 a bug was fixed that caused the program to terminate abnormally when opening up a savegame that was saved at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

I wish these problems would manifest themselves on Windows 2000 (my OS) so I could troubleshoot them before they get released. Who knew XP was so finicky?

Still waiting for feedback on v1.4.1.

Alfrauk
03-31-2004, 01:20 AM
It actually rebooted my computer.

tk102
03-31-2004, 02:16 AM
<shrug>
That's too bad.

This is the first I've heard of it. I guess it's not for the feint of heart. :cool:

Jackel
03-31-2004, 08:12 AM
using win xp pro , havent had the program crash on me once , all the way from 1.something , i think it was the first 1.something one in fact , using 1.3.3 (the exe one) and still no problems , fully updated from windows update website

only time the save game editor gave me problems was when i made me a jedi before leaving the ender spire before you put up those modified scripts ~shrugs~

Ossian
03-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Ossian - :confused: I don't know what you mean exactly.

The game takes informations on the character like the number of HP e FP, saving throws and other things.
It can be seen levelling a charatcter to the 20th (or any other) level and then editing it to the 1st.
Those values don't change.
Is there a way to alter them?

tk102
03-31-2004, 01:38 PM
I believe what you're looking for is in the 2da files -- namely classes.2da, classpowergain.2da, and the .2da files that begin with cls_. Take a look there with Kotor Tool. And in that case, yes you can edit them and put them in your Override.

Ossian
03-31-2004, 02:15 PM
TNX A LOT!!! :D :D :D

darth makaan
03-31-2004, 05:43 PM
well so far nothing yet. working good so far.

i tried putting force powers on characters on taris. no reboots yet

Alfrauk
03-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah I use windows XP pro also but it crashed on me the first few times I used it. It stopped crashing after I stopped changing so much at one time.

darth makaan
03-31-2004, 07:18 PM
ok i was giving mission the dual weapons feat and it restarted.

Ossian
04-02-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm searching for an easy-to-use 2da files editor.
Anyone can help?

Fred Tetra
04-02-2004, 02:12 PM
There's one built into Kotor Tool (http://home.comcast.net/~armada/kotor_tool.zip) that you might like.

Ossian
04-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Thank u very much Fred :D

Mr. Underhill
04-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Heh...just found out that with the editor you can't gain light or dark mastery by adjusting good/evil to 0 or 100 you have to do that in game, I tested by giving myself 99 then added a light side point in the game and acheived mastery. If you give your self 100 in the editor you don't get the icon or your bonus'. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

darth makaan
04-14-2004, 06:22 AM
what do ya mean by mastery and icon and bonus?

btw tk102 are there any new updates to the save editor? will ya reconsider adding the items feature to it?

Mr. Underhill
04-14-2004, 06:58 AM
When you reach full Light or Dark represented on the force meter; left of your character in the Character Info screen (were your background is shown as an increasing instensity of blue or red), you gain mastery and a bonus depending on your jedi class.
Guardian: Light = +3 strength, Dark = +1d8 damage
Consular: Light = +3 charisma, Dark = +50 force points
Sentinel: Light = +3 constitution, Dark = immunity to poison
A Light or Dark icon appears on your Effects List located on the meter to the right of you character on the Character Info screen.
Hope that makes sense. :)

tk102
04-14-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm currently involved (read: interested) in trying to figure out Camera Angles, Trigger Points, and other general mod-related trivia.

If a new update comes out I'll let you know in this thread. You're still having reboot problems anyway though hmm? The easy workaround is to just cheat 'giveitem' which is essentially what your asking for via KSE.

T7Nowhere offered a means to copy out the inventory (item instances, not just templates) from one savegame and import it into another and he has a link on his sticky thread.

darth makaan
04-14-2004, 05:30 PM
where? linky?

tk102
04-14-2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125174

tk102
05-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Source code published for this and all the other utilities that I host.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/5310/

tk102
06-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by darth makaan:
btw tk102 are there any new updates to the save editor? will ya reconsider adding the items feature to it?

There is an alpha version of KSE with this functionality added that is currently being tested for bugs.

In addition to Inventory Editing, Appearance and Portrait editing will be available for both the PC and NPCs. You will also be able to rename the NPCs.

Target date for release is June 27.

Screenshot 1 (http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/3c59c246.jpg)
Screenshot 2 (http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/876d9fdd.jpg)
Screenshot 3 (http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/f31ffea3.jpg)

Colma Adawin
06-19-2004, 04:31 PM
There is an alpha version of KSE with this functionality added that is currently being tested for bugs.

In addition to Inventory Editing, Appearance and Portrait editing will be available for both the PC and NPCs. You will also be able to rename the NPCs.

Target date for release is June 27.

Screenshot 1 (http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/3c59c246.jpg)
Screenshot 2 (http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/876d9fdd.jpg)
Screenshot 3 (http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/f31ffea3.jpg)

I will most CERTAINLY be awaiting that one!!!

Will you post it here or on PCGM or even both?

MattCole

Darth Khasei
06-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Looks wonderful.

Lorden Darkblade
06-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Darth Khasei
Looks wonderful.

I second that!!

tk102
06-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Looking for additional beta testers at this point. PM me if interested.

Leeloo
06-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Heh first, TK102, your editor is great :) Thx for it

Now I got a little problem, it seems I cannot edit my char power, when I click add, it does nothing, anyone would happen to know why it doesnt want to add force power ?

tk102
06-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Try making a file called kse.log and put it in the same dir as KSE. Then try again. The kse.log file should have some info. You can send it to me if you like --- email address in the readme.txt

Leeloo
06-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Ah, it s working now, though dont know why it wasnt working.

Also I noticed an other problem, if I removed my basic class and changed my jedi class, then when I would load the game my hp and fp wouldnt update properly.

To make it work had to remove my both class, create a new one at lvl 1, and then level it up, that way it worked

tk102
06-23-2004, 10:06 AM
The next version of KSE will have more feedback -- errors will be known immediately as will 'successful' saves.

tk102
06-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Looking for additional beta testers at this point. PM me if interested.

Last call.

tk102
06-24-2004, 01:27 AM
KSE v2.06 released. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5854/)(PCGamemods)

Special thanks to T7Nowhere and Darth333 for providing testing.

Weiser_Cain
06-24-2004, 03:51 AM
Well it's working fine for me. One thing I thought would be nice. In the inventory editor you can see the item name but you can't see the name in the master item list. Think you could do something about that?

Colma Adawin
06-24-2004, 04:46 AM
GR8 STUFF!!!! i've just Changed my self into Ajunta Pall and got trained in the Jedi and Sith Ways!!!!

i take my hat off you My friend :dude1:

MattCole :D

illuzion69
06-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Yes!!! this is great. good work tk.

tk102
06-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Well it's working fine for me. One thing I thought would be nice. In the inventory editor you can see the item name but you can't see the name in the master item list. Think you could do something about that?

You're referring to the Description? It is in the list, and if you expand your window (either by dragging or maximizing it) you might be able to see it better, plus there should be a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the Master Item List.

But I see what you mean, maybe the tree window doesn't need to be quite so wide. :)

tk102
06-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Also,

If anyone besides Darth333 ends up having to use alternate version of KSE (KSEA), I would be interested in hearing about it. It would be nice to just distribute a single version, as you can understand.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Lorden Darkblade
06-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Geat work mate!
I loved it!
Now we can add/remove items from our inventory.
I have a question, when I'm looking at the Item Master List I get names with 3 colors.
What the colors mean?
I think that Blue are the ones we already have and black the ones we dont have, but what about the red ones?
I tryied to add a red one but I got something like this written in the inventory in the Save Game Editor: (space) Bad StrRef [19382060]

EDIT: ok I tryied some of the red ones and they worked...
What is gave that error was T7nowhere's Jolee's Jade Shield.
I think that all of T7nowhere's items are giving me that error.

tk102
06-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Reload2K -- yes the blue ones are items you already have, the black one are the ones you don't and the red ones are the ones that have been found in the override folder.

The error you got sounds like the .uti had a 0 in the LocalizedName StrRef instead of a -1, and possibly an error in the 'Tag' field. Is that the case?

tk102
06-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Of interest for KotOR2:
http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=1564

svösh
06-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Tk thanks for the awesome tool, I’ll give it a try once I get off the Endar spire. Always testing now a days

And great news from Obsidian, looks promising if only they would give us info on model format ;)

svösh

Lorden Darkblade
06-24-2004, 02:20 PM
I'll post a link here to some screen shots of the uti file on the GFFEditor.

Name Error (http://img37.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img37&image=saber1.jpg)

Tag Error (http://img37.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img37&image=saber2.jpg)

Give a look to it.

Thanks in advance,
ReLoaD2K

T7nowhere
06-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
I'll post a link here to some screen shots of the uti file on the GFFEditor.
ReLoaD2K

I have found that error in several uti's that were in
Holowan plug-in. They will all be fixed. Im not sure why it happend, but thaks to tk102's kse I identified the problem items last week and fixed them.

tk102
06-24-2004, 03:46 PM
T7, I'm not so sure the .uti's are completely at fault -- I think KSE should be robust enough to handle these nuances in .uti fields. I'm investigating it now and will probably submit a v2.0.7 if I find anything.

Lorden Darkblade
06-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Well I didnt get your sabers at the Holowan Plug-In.
I got them separated in PCGAMEMODs.
So I think they all are with problems.

Darth Khasei
06-24-2004, 04:33 PM
:D

xcrystalrikkux
06-24-2004, 04:45 PM
There is this nagging problem that you can't use the same head for two separate people when you change the appearance... :(

tk102
06-24-2004, 05:51 PM
I have found that error in several uti's that were in
Holowan plug-in. They will all be fixed. Im not sure why it happend

I've determined that the problem with the uti files in question have a 0D0A sequence in their TemplateResRef. I have a new version that deals with this correctly and will upload it within the next 8 hours.

you can't use the same head for two separate people when you change the appearance
Really? So what happens then? Only one gets it?

xcrystalrikkux
06-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Ya only one person gets it.

For example, if you chose your appearance as, say..
Party_NPC_Juhani

You save it and load up the game. And say you have Juhani in your party. Once it loads, you look exactly like Juhani, like it should, not a problem... until you go to the next area. Once it loads up in a different part of the city/place, Juhani will lose her head while you still keep hers.

tk102
06-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Ha ha ha. Ah, that's too bad. Well I'll put that one in the readme. Thanks for posting it. If you figure out a way around that, let me know.

Lorden Darkblade
06-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Do you think that with the new version those errors wont happen again tk102?

Jackel
06-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Ha ha ha. Ah, that's too bad. Well I'll put that one in the readme. Thanks for posting it. If you figure out a way around that, let me know.

Tk a way around it involves editing files ..

rip Juhanis ones out with KT , rename them to what ever you want them to replace , save to the override folder

of course this wont help the save game editor now will it :p

and good news from Obsidian , glad they are keeping everyhing the same , that also means Fred's KT tools proberly wont need much work to make it work with KOTOR2

xcrystalrikkux
06-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Always better if the savegame editor adapted to fix these stuff :p

tk102
06-25-2004, 12:57 AM
v2.07 released (see first post of this thread). Handles custom .uti files better now.

Darth333
06-25-2004, 12:59 AM
That was quick! Very impressive :D
Good work as always :)

RedHawke
06-25-2004, 01:31 AM
I was still using KSE 1.4.1, but I just tried out your newer KSE 2.0.7 and its... Very Nice!

Thanks TK! :D

Lorden Darkblade
06-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Very nice indeed!
A question, is it supposed to open a lil DOS window( I forgot the name :p ) when you start the program?
If it is ok then :D

tk102
06-25-2004, 04:00 PM
A question, is it supposed to open a lil DOS window( I forgot the name ) when you start the program?

Doh! Well no. But it's benign...

Lorden Darkblade
06-25-2004, 04:06 PM
I didnt understood what you said tk102.
It shouldnt be opening that window?
Then what should I do?
I tested and it worked tho.
What can it be??

Thanks in advance,
ReLoaD2K

tk102
06-25-2004, 04:14 PM
It's my fault -- forgot to check the 'hide dos window' when I was compiling. You can re-download KSE v2.07 from the Alternate Download site and get another copy-- I recompiled it so no DOS window will show.

Lorden Darkblade
06-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Ahhhhh :p I understand now :p
Thanks tk102! :D
Geat job!!

EDIT: I downloaded the file twice but it seems to be corrupt.
The zip says so at least.
Can someone check it out?

xcrystalrikkux
06-25-2004, 07:25 PM
The link works, and the zip file is fine... but it's now on pcgamemods.com so you can download it there.

Lorden Darkblade
06-25-2004, 07:33 PM
I dont know if you saw him saying that it should be downloaded from the ALTERNATE source.
Try that one.

tk102
06-25-2004, 11:31 PM
Link fixed.

T7nowhere
06-26-2004, 02:09 AM
:p I know how to fix the head problem, but it will take a bit of work.

The thing about it. Bioware set it up so that you can't encounter an npc with your head, so in appearance.2da there is a normalhead and backup head columns.

SO in order for and npc not to loose there head that npc would need an backup head. As Juhani is a unique npc she doen not have a backup and when you transition from one area to another the game checks appearance.2da(I suspect) and sinse your character comes first the game will give you juhani's head and she looses hers. :)

There is a way to remedy this and it is simple open up appearance.2da with KT(if you have that file in override then open that appeance.2da) go to row 8 which is Party_NPC_Juhani and scroll ove until you see columns "normalhead" & "backuphead" and simple type 5 in the backuphead column save the file back to override. And now you and Juhani can be twins. ;) if you would like juhani to have a different head when you take hers then simply open heads.2da to find an appropriate female head( or male. ;) what ever make you happy) and type that number in the backuphead column and save appearance to override.

Don't worry this is very simple to do.

TheSock
06-26-2004, 05:21 AM
T7, your suggestion doesn't seem to be working for me (I'm trying to do the same thing crystalrikku is trying to do, except using Bastila's face for my PC). Here is what I have done:

- Opened KSE and changed my character's appearance to Party_NPC_Bastila. Saved changes.
- Opened my appearance.2da file through KT and added the number 1 to the backuphead field in row four (Basty's row). Saved to override folder.

After that, I load up the savegame file, and, just like crystalrikku, it works until I go to a new area, after which poor Bas loses her cranium. :eek:

T7nowhere
06-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by TheSock
T7, your suggestion doesn't seem to be working for me (I'm trying to do the same thing crystalrikku is trying to do, except using Bastila's face for my PC). Here is what I have done:

That is odd I used juhani to test it and it worked fine. I changed the PC and mission into Juhani and left Juhani as her self and all was good. I had no problems transitioning through areas. although I only transitioned with my PC and Mission, Juhai was not in my party yet.

Did you also change the PC's portrait to Bastila?

TheSock
06-26-2004, 06:42 AM
Did you also change the PC's portrait to Bastila?

Nope, should I have?

Edit: Just did, poor girl is still headless. :(

Lorden Darkblade
06-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks for fixing it tk102 :D

tk102
06-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Interesting stuff about the heads, T7. I haven't had a chance to try it. Maybe I'll try it with Trask (my only savegame is abord the Endar Spire). As I mentioned to some of you privately, appearance.2da is a file that I have never modded -- I figured everyone else knew everything about that file already so I didn't have to! :p Anyway if there is a workaround that seems to work for everyone, maybe I'll add something to KSE to automate the workaround by pressing a button.

xcrystalrikkux
06-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Hey T7...

You're right. It works!!! :D :p

TheSock
06-26-2004, 07:13 PM
If it isn't too much to ask, could someone give it a try with Bastila? Possibly send me the file if you can get it working? I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what. :confused:

(sorry for all the off-topic, tk102)

Great tool, by the way! :D

Edit: Weee! It took me a while but I figured out what I had done wrong. Every time I would change the backuphead field, I'd immediately save and exit. Since I didn't click enter, it did not save. :o

Such a little thing, and I nearly kicked the monitor through the window over it. :D

GhostofAnakin
06-26-2004, 07:31 PM
How did I miss this editor before?!

I'm playing through as a Soldier/bounty hunter this time. :D

Weiser_Cain
06-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Because you're new and didn't read the stickies.

tk102
06-27-2004, 01:14 AM
So, T7 and everyone, do you think this would work for a new KSE feature:

Have a button that:

1. Check to see if Appearance.2da is in Override, otherwise extract appearance.2da to override.
2. Modify said appearance.2da so that all rows have a backup head the same as their normal head (if a backuphead doesn't already exist).

RedHawke
06-27-2004, 01:20 AM

Have a button that:

1. Check to see if Appearance.2da is in Override, otherwise extract appearance.2da to override.
2. Modify said appearance.2da so that all rows have a backup head the same as their normal head (if a backuphead doesn't already exist).

That option sounds pretty cool TK! :D

tk102
06-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Sounds like I'll have to expand the capabilities of Bioware:TwoDA.pm to accomplish that. Can be done, just requires time.

Darth333
06-27-2004, 01:25 AM

Have a button that:

Why not? :D This will give me a reason to start making funny heads experiments :amidala: :bdroid2: :guard: :emperor: :giggle1:

TMPhoenix
06-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Anyone else having difficulties with changing forcepowers (or in fact opening the classes branch of any force using character)?

I first noticed it in version 2.0.7, but I checked with older versions and they all have the same issue, they just don't give an error message. I checked several versions of KSE and I know that version 1.3.2 didn't have this issue, but all versions since at least 1.4.1 (1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 2.0.7) that I have tried do have it.

The error message is something like this:
"Error msg: element #000005 - Game4#Classes#Class1#KnownList0#Power already exists at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247."

Any help would be appreciated.

-TMPhoenix

tk102
06-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it.

Darth Khasei
06-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Hmm, sounds like the exact same mistake that I got before when my spells.2da file got corrupted. Make sure your file is not corrupt. You might want to just use KSE to remove ALL of the powers, then add them manually and save.

Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah, that happened to me once aswell.
Try opening your spells.2da with the Kotor Tool.
If it dont open it's cuz its corrupted.

TMPhoenix
06-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Well thanks for the replies. I found out what was wrong:

I had a text version of the spells.2da in my override (i.e. a v2.0 instead of a compressed v2.b). That was causing the error. I suppose I have to start using Kotor Tool to edit my 2DA's, instead of using my trusty text editor :( . Oh well...

Thanks everyone.

tk102
06-27-2004, 10:44 PM
:doh:
I didn't even consider that possibility.
That would be easy enough to fix on the next revision.

GhostofAnakin
06-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Question about changing/editting classes.

If I wanted to make all party members Jedi, which Force powers are needed to be added in order for this to work? Also, do I just "change" their starting class to one of the 3 Jedi classes, or do I keep their original class and add an additional Jedi class to them?

I think I screwed something up, because in my current game I switched my PC to a soldier only, but then later decided i wanted him to be a Jedi again. But in the process I think some of his mandatory Force powers are gone and the game keeps crashing when I try to load it.

tk102
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with KSE. Were you running v2.06 or above? If so, you should've seen an error message popup during your editing process.

For NPCs, you can either change the base class or multiclass them to Jedis. In earlier versions of KSE, I recommended that you add at least one force power otherwise the game would crash. I don't know if that problem still exists with v2.06+ but perhaps that is the issue you are facing?

For you PC, I would recommend multiclassing, just because that's what the game expects. And if you un-Jedi yourself, you will lose all your force powers as you know now.

J'ando
06-29-2004, 05:54 AM
Something I found funny:

If you change your starting class so that you're a single class Jedi when Bastila asks you about your background when you talk to her on Dantooine after visiting the Ruins there's only 2 responses:

"I'm a Hutt in Human disguise...."
or
"I'm tired of answering questions..."

The first will get you a very curt response from Bastila and the second just end the conversation.

tk102
06-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Yes, this is what I mean. Many dialog options, and even some cutscenes are expecting to be able to resolve your 'base' class as Solder/Scoundrel/Scout. Same goes for Gender. If the game can't figure you out things like this happen.

(Getting stuck in the Endar Spire cutscene was worst symptom of this, and required customized .dlg files to be distributed with KSE.)

Lorden Darkblade
06-29-2004, 03:22 PM
So I guess that messing with your starting classes is not a very wise thing to do right?

GhostofAnakin
06-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with KSE. Were you running v2.06 or above? If so, you should've seen an error message popup during your editing process.

For NPCs, you can either change the base class or multiclass them to Jedis. In earlier versions of KSE, I recommended that you add at least one force power otherwise the game would crash. I don't know if that problem still exists with v2.06+ but perhaps that is the issue you are facing?

For you PC, I would recommend multiclassing, just because that's what the game expects. And if you un-Jedi yourself, you will lose all your force powers as you know now.

The game must have crashed due to my messing around with my PC, because everything was working fine (I'd already changed my entire party to republic soldier look-a-likes) until I decided to change my PC back to a Jedi after removing the Jedi class originally.

Darth Khasei
06-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
So I guess that messing with your starting classes is not a very wise thing to do right?

Well. it can get a little tricky. The best way to do it, is to start the game regular as a level 1 soldier. At level up, exit and add level 1 Jedi, save. Go back in the game and level up from there. You'll be just fine.

GhostofAnakin
06-29-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm still having trouble making all members of my party Jedi. I can change their classes, but none of the Force powers that I give them work. Which Force powers do I need to add first?

Do Force powers not work until after you pass the Jedi trials on Dantooine? I'm still on Taris.

tk102
06-29-2004, 07:47 PM
When you load your savegame do the NPCs have a Jedi class? If so, do they have any powers in their Powers tab?

Also you never mentioned which version you were running.

GhostofAnakin
06-29-2004, 08:00 PM
When you load your savegame do the NPCs have a Jedi class? If so, do they have any powers in their Powers tab?

Also you never mentioned which version you were running.

They have Jedi classes listed on their "level up" screen, but they don't have any Force powers currently since they haven't leveled up while being a Jedi yet. But my PC has leveled up and currently has "Force push" available. In combat, however, the Force Push option is there, but unavailable. It says that my Force points are depleted and I can't use it, even though my FP are full.

I'm using the most current update (I believe 2.7)

tk102
06-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Here's a quote from the kse-readme.txt
- If you make your early single-class character a Jedi class, you'll
probably also want to grant him/her the Feat: Force Sensitive to give you an
extra 40 points, otherwise you won't be able to do much in the way of force
powers until you level up. Also, you won't be able to get any Force Points
until you level up once.

GhostofAnakin
06-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks. I'll give my PC Force Sensitive and see if that fixes it.

TheMonsterOfTheIsland
06-30-2004, 06:17 PM
The one thing this editor is missing: something that lets you get party members early (i.e. have Bastila and Mission on the Endar Spire instead of Trask). Just a suggestion.

Lorden Darkblade
06-30-2004, 07:06 PM
I think that could cause the game to crash.
Thats why it wasnt done I think :p

tk102
06-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Reggie333 wants: something that lets you get party members early

Tianhou_Zhong made same request on page 3 of this thread. My guess is that if you were to actually recruit your NPC before you were supposed to, you would probably run into their twin in the game and one of them would not have a head. Recruitment *may* still function properly, but your previous incarnation would disappear along with all equipment and experience. That's what would happen in the best-case scenario. Worst-case is that your game would crash mid-game.

GhostofAnakin
06-30-2004, 11:29 PM
An update:

It worked. *knock on wood*

tk102
07-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the update GofA. It's always nice to get resolution.

TheMonsterOfTheIsland
07-15-2004, 06:12 PM
How do you give your character automatic healing (like Canderous) and stealth mode without a belt (like Juhani)? Also, how do I give Wookie Toughness to a non-wookie character and get rid of armor restrictions on Jedi and wookies (i.e. let them wear armor)?

Darth333
07-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Reggie333
How do you give your character automatic healing (like Canderous) and stealth mode without a belt (like Juhani)?
I don't remember if there is a way to do it with KSE but you can use a script. See this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129600

Also, how do I give Wookie Toughness to a non-wookie character and get rid of armor restrictions on Jedi and wookies (i.e. let them wear armor)?
Kitty kitty made a mod for that:
http://webpages.charter.net/ytl/frames.html

Otherwise, you can edit either spells.2da (check no. 29 in the first post of that thread:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130898 ) or baseitem.2da (check my post in that thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130522)

For tools and how to edit .2da files, look at the Guide for the Newbie in the Stickies.

TheMonsterOfTheIsland
07-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Ok, I figured out how to do everything except automatic healing and giving Zaalbar armor. Also, I cannot find Kitty kitty's mod for giving armor to wookies, and I'm still unsure on how to enable automatic healing (like on Canderous and HK after his upgrades). Any help would be appreciated.

Shimaon
08-12-2004, 10:31 AM
TK102,
I have a bit of a feature request that I think would be very useful. Would it be possible to have something that compares two savegames and determines which globals are different? I think it would be very handy to figure out how to script various things and such.

Thanks for your excellent tool thus far,
Shimaon

Darth333
08-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Shimaon
TK102,
I have a bit of a feature request that I think would be very useful. Would it be possible to have something that compares two savegames and determines which globals are different? I think it would be very handy to figure out how to script various things and such.

Thanks for your excellent tool thus far,
Shimaon

Tk already made a tool for this Shimaon: the Global Variable Comparison Tool. Direct link for download is included at the end of my 'Guide for the Newbie' in the stickies (btw, despite it's title, the Guide is not only for Newbies ;) )

tk102
08-14-2004, 06:44 PM
KSE v2.0.8 released at PCGamemods.com yesterday.

Darth333 wrote this update -- it adds the ability to change the soundsets associated with the PC/NPCs. This is useful if you intend to modify the characters' genders or appearances.

Thanks to Darth333 for this.

Shimaon
08-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Tk already made a tool for this Shimaon: the Global Variable Comparison Tool. Direct link for download is included at the end of my 'Guide for the Newbie' in the stickies (btw, despite it's title, the Guide is not only for Newbies ;) )
bah! I've been away from the boards for far too long, heh. Thanks Darth333 and TK.

Darth333
08-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Shimaon
bah! I've been away from the boards for far too long, heh. Thanks Darth333 and TK.
Welcome back Shimaon :)

KSE v2.08 released at PCGamemods.com yesterday. Darth333 wrote this update -- it adds the ability to change the soundsets associated with the PC/NPCs. This is useful if you intend to modify the characters' genders or appearances.

Thanks to Darth333 for this.
TK, you don't have to thank me. Despite your first advice (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1491673#post1491673) (which I did not followed) I am the one who should thank you for making kse and for introducing me to modding and Perl :D What I did was a very simple job.

STDSkillz
08-17-2004, 11:51 PM
When I extract the .zip, it says both of the .exe's are corrupt. Any ideas?

Darth333
08-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Did you tried redownloading?

STDSkillz
08-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Well, I've redownloaded it about 4 times now. On the third try, it said only one of the .exe's was corrupt, so that's making progress I guess. I even tried downloading it on my other computer, but got the same corruptness error for the same .exe. I don't know what's going on.

Darth333
08-18-2004, 11:34 AM
This is weird, I have asked a few people to test the download at pcgamemods and they did not run into any trouble, neither did I. PM me your e-mail address if you wish, I'll try to send it directly to you when I get home this evening.

If anyone else who downloaded v. 2.0.8 at pcgamemods ran into simialr problems, pls report it!

tk102
09-01-2004, 08:35 PM
v2.1.1 released at pcgamemods.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/7152/

NEW FEATURES
-------------
* v2.1.1 -
Inventory Copy from One Savegame to Another:

As of v2.1.1, after a savegame node has been unfolded at least once (to load the
game info), you can right-click either the savegame root node or the Inventory node and get a popup menu that allows you to "Copy Inventory from this savegame" into memory. Then you can right-click a different savegame and select "Paste Inventory into this savegame". This will have the effect of copying all unequipped items from one savegame into the other. The inventory tree will be updated as well in KSE. It also has the same effect as clicking the Commit Changes, so if you have made other outstanding changes to the savegame receiving the pasted inventory, they will be
committed.

Darth333
09-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Useful new features! We always have people sking for this! Good work as always :) I am happy to see that you are back at Holowan :cool:

tk102
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
KSE v2.1.1a released. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7392/)

No change made to the KSE application, but thanks to Achilles (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135524), a new patched .dlg file has been included that will alleviate the following symptom:

Leaving the Unknown Planet after choosing Darkside path with a PC that is not Male or Female, the PC gets stuck in a room with a cutscene object, preventing further gameplay.

Edit: The .dlg file isn't completely patched after all. See the download's site for a comment about how to get a fully patched .dlg.

neatchee
09-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey TK, I'm not sure if it's possible with your SGE, but is there a way to make Juhani available for adding to your party, even if you've killed her on Dantooine? You're the biggest name in the community it seems, so I thought I'd ask here first :D

tk102
09-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey TK, I'm not sure if it's possible with your SGE, but is there a way to make Juhani available for adding to your party, even if you've killed her on Dantooine? You're the biggest name in the community it seems, so I thought I'd ask here first.
:o Whoa, I wouldn't go that far. :o

KSE cannot at this time copy an NPC from one savegame to another, which would be one solution to your dilemma.

Fortunately you've come at the right time! Darth333 just released a new armband that can do exactly what you're looking for. Look here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135519

raptorex
09-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Ok, I dunno if someone had raised this before, but after killing Carth's old commander, you get this sith assassin pistol with a damage of 17-21.. well atleast waay more than the original sith assassin pistols..

the funny thing is, I opened it with KSE 2.1.1a and in the inventory, the object reference for the sith assassin pistols are all g_w_hldoblstr03, but are shown in two separate lines

g_w_hldoblstr03, sith assassin pistol[1]
g_w_hldoblstr03, sith assassin pistol[2] <--- thats the 2 original ones I had

I wonder why that happens :eek:

tk102
09-23-2004, 10:22 AM
The reason for that is because I chose to list the items currently possessed in inventory as "Tag...Description...Count". The pistol that you're referring to evidently has the same Tag field and Description as a normal pistol, but its Template (that is, the .uti filename) is different.

On the Master Item List on the right side of the screen, I list the items as "Template...Tag...Description". (I think this pistol's .uti is located in a module-level .rim file, not the global templates.bif file, so it may not appear in the master list.)

tk102
12-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Recently I had a round of emails troubleshooting savegames and thought I'd share what we discovered.

Symptom: KSE seems to be working fine, but changes are not showing up in game. Actually, the amount of credits were being updated, but nothing else.

Diagnosis: It took awhile but we realized there were 3 folders in the SWKOTOR folder that shouldn't have been there: "gameinprogress", "currentgame", and "futuregame".

Outcome: Deleting these 3 folders caused the changes to suddenly appear in-game when swkotor.exe was restarted.

Probably what happened was an abnormal exit of swkotor.exe and these folders (which are generated during normal gameplay and disappear on normal exit) persisted.

Anyway I hope this helps someone else out.

TheMonsterOfTheIsland
12-13-2004, 03:35 PM
What Booleans/Numerics can I use to keep the renegade droid from attacking? I stupidly entered without sound dampeners, and now I can't get the droid not to attack. How can I change this with the KSE?

tk102
12-13-2004, 09:34 PM
You can find this yourself easily by comparing a savegame prior to entering and one after you've entered using Global Variable Comparison Tool here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5274/).

It's probably KOR_ROGUE_DROID (number) that's changing.

TheMonsterOfTheIsland
12-18-2004, 07:16 PM
KSE 2.11 will not let me remove any of my classes. Help!!!

tk102
12-18-2004, 08:02 PM
A new version of KSE has been released. Version 2.2.0 provided limited editing of Xbox savegames. You cannot add or delete powers/classes/feats but the following edits are supported:

Savegame Name
Player Name
Gender (PC, NPC)
Appearance (PC, NPC)
Portrait (PC, NPC)
Soundset (PC, NPC)
Attributes (PC, NPC)
Global Variables
Time Played
Cheat Used flag
Min1HP
Experience (PC, Party)
Good/Evil alignment (PC, NPC)
Skills (PC, NPC)
Credits
Inventory stack (you can change the quantity of an existing that you have)

Huge thanks goes out to balaco (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=110299) for being the main guinea pig for all this.

(Nothing new for PC users at this time.)

Tdcquicksilver5
12-19-2004, 07:18 AM
It works on xbox!:D Thanks!

Does it work on kotor2 saves.I was looking at the save files and there the same as the kotor1 files.It would probably be easy to make it compatible if its not already

tk102
12-19-2004, 07:40 AM
It doesn't work TSL yet. The sig files are specific to KotOR.

Darth333
12-20-2004, 05:32 AM
Good to see you made it! :D

PoM
12-20-2004, 06:32 AM
What is that -1 hp actually?
Never knew that.

tk102
12-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Min1HP is the "immortality" flag -- it prevents you from reaching 0 HP. The game uses this for fights that end in cutscenes for talk-fight-talk sequences and during the Endar Spire so you don't die right off the bat.

Renegade Angel
12-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Do you need a cable or something to hook them up?:confused:
(Xbox and PC?)

Darkkender
12-20-2004, 03:18 PM
You would need a ethernet CATV cable. For those who aren't sure what CATV cable is it looks like a wider version of a telephone plug.

FYI for those who are more modern than myself there has been 4 different types of connecters used for ethernet connections in the past the 2 most common have been a coaxial and CATV data cable connections.

Back to chains. You can pick up a CATV crossover patch cable at Radioshack or some other pc store anywhere from $6-$15 you will need a crossover cable not a straight connect. crossover patch cable is used for strictly 2 machines. staight through cable is ran to a network hub and then a 2nd cable runs to the other machine from the hub. If all you have is one pc then all you need is the crossover. however if you have more than one and they are already networked then you will need to make use of a hub.

Renegade Angel
12-20-2004, 03:32 PM
:confused:

EDIT
Oh wait I get it!

TheMonsterOfTheIsland
12-23-2004, 07:29 PM
I have the latest version of KSE. I can add classes and change classes, but when I try to remove them, I get a weird error. Please help!

tk102
02-12-2005, 08:27 PM
KSE v3.0.4 released

Support for KotOR and KotOR2:TSL savegames! (But no Influence editing yet)

(also fixed the Class removal error)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

I would like to give extra extra special thanks to Darth333 and T7Nowhere without whom, this would not have been possible to release... they were more than just beta-testers... they were my eyes... due to the fact that I do not have TSL yet.

T7nowhere
02-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Awesome work. Even without the game your still a codeing machine. ;)

Mav
02-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Awesome Job yet again tk102

bigdfg
02-12-2005, 09:18 PM
the link: for this KSE v3.0.4 released 2/12/05 (Starwarsknights.com)

Is broken, non functional and so on.

Darth333
02-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Yay! KSE has been released :D That was quick!

Thanks tk :)

RedHawke
02-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Thank you tk, and T7 and Darth333! :D

Also an FYI, one of you Mod types might want to check the download link for KSE it goes to a file not found page.

Looks like the DL link is messed up... :D

I did DL'd it but I had to enter things manually to get to the zip. ;)

Darth333
02-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Link fixed!

SpaceAlex
02-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Great job tk, but the program doesn't start for me. It has something to do with my language settings or something. I remember that you used to relase 2 versions. I always had to use the second one to get it working. :(

FiEND_138
02-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah, most excellent tk!!

& thanx D333..

FunSolo
02-12-2005, 09:44 PM
thanks TK, or should i say,... master? *bows down* :D

Edit: what did i see in there in "classes"?
>>> BountyHunter(CUT!!!) <<< ???

didnt even know that this class is in there and what do u mean with that cut?

BurnsU
02-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Just so you know TK, for TSL, when you give yourself items with the editor, they dont show up at the workbench when you want to upgrade them.

uubergeek
02-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Hey folks,

just wanted to throw in my appreciation to you TK (and the others for testing) for this great prog.

Nifty deal ya got going.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but in your next version, anychance of being able to change the INF level you have on the NPCs? Just thought i'd ask :)

tk102
02-13-2005, 07:12 AM
@spacealex: I'll see what I can do about getting an 'alternate' version of KSE up for you.

@Funsolo: That's just a straight read from classes.2da -- evidently Bounty Hunter was a dropped idea.

@Burnsu: I'll have to take your word for it. Maybe someone else can figure that out w/ the workbench? I'll look into it when I see it firsthand.

@uubergeek: Yep, Influence will be added ASAP.

Xbox users, I'll provide new instructions soon.

beel2112
02-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Holy cow that was fast! :eek: Incredible TK102! Thanks!

aluuannn
02-13-2005, 07:29 AM
@spacealex: I'll see what I can do about getting an 'alternate' version of KSE up for you.

@Funsolo: That's just a straight read from classes.2da -- evidently Bounty Hunter was a dropped idea.

@Burnsu: I'll have to take your word for it. Maybe someone else can figure that out w/ the workbench? I'll look into it when I see it firsthand.

@uubergeek: Yep, Influence will be added ASAP.

Xbox users, I'll provide new instructions soon.
good work the new kse works good:0

Dak Vesser
02-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey tk, I just downloaded KSE and I was wondering where the directory for the Xbox version of k2 is supposed to go in order for KSE v3.0.4 to recognise it. So far it only see's the PC version of kotor 1 in the Lucasarts directory and not Kotor2 anywhere.

And I couldn't find the "Xbox_users_readme.txt"

So I'm kinda Stumped.

Darth Smaug
02-13-2005, 09:38 AM
good work tk102 !!!

Mav
02-13-2005, 10:18 AM
About the items not being able to be upgraded when you use KSE to get them:

Just so you know TK, for TSL, when you give yourself items with the editor, they dont show up at the workbench when you want to upgrade them.

I haven't had this problem, I added some sabers and crystals with KSE and they upgraded fine for me. Although I did not add them as new items I just multiplied what I already had, if that makes any difference

SpaceAlex
02-13-2005, 10:46 AM

Thanks man. I'm dying to get my hands on it. :D I would be very grateful to you if you could make the "alternative" version. I'm sure it would prove useful to more than just me. I hope. :confused:

tk102
02-13-2005, 10:54 AM
@Dak Vesser: I've decided rather than make Xbox users jump through a bunch of hoops of fooling KSE, I'll just release another version of KSE (tonight hopefully) that allows you manually specify the paths to your savegames.

@SpaceAlex: No problem, I just have to get on a PC that has an older version of Perl/Tk installed. That'll happen probably tomorrow.