PDA

View Full Version : The 5th Release Wave


razorace
02-23-2004, 04:16 AM
Ok dokie, I beleive we have all the content needed for the 5th release wave of OJP. I'm hoping to get this out the door before the end of the month.

However, there's several things that have to be dealt with first:

- I'm going to give everyone until thursday (the 26th) to check out the saber system that I've created. Barring major issues, I'll be merging the SaberSys branch into Enhanced for the release wave.

- If anyone has any material that they want to be included in the next wave, you need to submit it now.

- We still need a way to compile OJP for linux. Any help would be great.

razorace
02-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Change of plans, I'm going to merge the SaberSys branch now so we can get some good beta testing time in before the release wave.

razorace
02-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123709)

razorace
02-29-2004, 07:33 AM
Well, based on feedback from the beta, I'm going to hold the next release wave (well, at least the enhanced version) until we've hammered out the new features. I might go ahead and release the basic version when I have time.

Dranore
03-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Just wondering if your any closer to a release of the basic stuff? Looking forward to that. :)

SuperDindon
03-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi,

for the linux build, try the SourceForge Compile Farm( you need a account). Ive seen the screenshots, its very very impressive, cannot wait for the release!

razorace
03-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SuperDindon
for the linux build, try the SourceForge Compile Farm( you need a account). Ive seen the screenshots, its very very impressive, cannot wait for the release!

Can't. We're not "open source" (EULA legal reasons) as officially defined by SourceForge. As such, we can't get an account there.

You're The Last Hope author, right? I've been trying to contact you...

Originally posted by Dranore
Just wondering if your any closer to a release of the basic stuff? Looking forward to that. :)

Yea, getting here. I'm in the middle of porting all the goodies from the Asteroids mod's source code. After that, it's beta testing time and then release.

Duncan_10158
03-10-2004, 12:10 PM
razorace, its about the droideka mod code and model. i didnt know where or how else i could contact you about that, also cause i would like to have the droideka in the next OJP release wave.

The droideka model is finished! Phunk told me he already send you the newest version of coded mod part, now i could send you the model part so you have everything together of the droideka.
how can i send you the files? :)

i also wanted to ask if you could pass me the open source part of only the droideka support mod. you know only those things that are needed for a mod, so i could compile it for my own. i talked to Phunk about this and he said its possible to have only those files needed so they can be added to any othe mod. i just want to have those files so i have everything about this project together in case someone asks about it. i always told, i want this droideka absolutly open to everyone who wants to use it.

sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, i just hope you read it.

Thanks

razorace
03-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Duncan_10158
razorace, its about the droideka mod code and model. i didnt know where or how else i could contact you about that, also cause i would like to have the droideka in the next OJP release wave.

The droideka model is finished! Phunk told me he already send you the newest version of coded mod part, now i could send you the model part so you have everything together of the droideka.
how can i send you the files? :)

i also wanted to ask if you could pass me the open source part of only the droideka support mod. you know only those things that are needed for a mod, so i could compile it for my own. i talked to Phunk about this and he said its possible to have only those files needed so they can be added to any othe mod. i just want to have those files so i have everything about this project together in case someone asks about it. i always told, i want this droideka absolutly open to everyone who wants to use it.


Ok, I'll try to make sure to release the next version of the vehicle pack with the rest of the releases.

You're going to have to talk to Phunk about which version of the droideka he placed on the repository. Plus, he's having a shader issue with the droidekas that you can probably help with.

As for the support code, I suggest you just point everyone to OJP Basic, it includes all the driodeka code and other goodies that doesn't affect the gameplay at all. I'd rather keep everything "in the family" so to speak to encourage people to use/get involved with the project.