PDA

View Full Version : 0_0 Goldeneye II!!! 0_0


BongoBob
02-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Clicky (http://cube.ign.com/articles/494/494775p1.html)

All I have to say is EA better not f*** it up :mad:

:)

Neverhoodian
02-26-2004, 10:43 PM
"Called Goldeneye 2, the upcoming first-person shooter takes a different spin on the Bond formula, giving players the ability to play as a bad guy, fighting against James Bond. Goldeneye 2 takes place in the Bond universe, and according to EGM magazine (which will have the full story in its next issue), players will fight against James Bond and they might be able to pair up with other well-known Bond villains."

Now that sounds cool. Being able to play it from a villain's point of view sounds intriguing.

manoman81
02-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Eh....No bond game has been able to beat Goldeneye on N64....I doubt that EA will be to pull off what that game did....

jokemaster
02-27-2004, 12:19 AM
^ yeah, but it'll still be BADASS!

Sam
02-27-2004, 01:12 AM
They are going to mess it up.

no doubt about it.


They should just do a remake with updated stuff.

manoman81
02-27-2004, 02:21 AM
^ Agreed.

BongoBob
02-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Or put it on the disk as well, or maybe have it aas a bonus disk.

*Dreams*

The Cheat
02-27-2004, 08:03 PM
yea just keep the same game except:
-improve player models and skins
-increase the resolution on the textures
-add bots to multiplayer
-if anything add to the current collection of multiplayer levels from goldeneye keeping the originals but adding some new ones
-some added game types while keeping the original ones

that is all i have right now

Pnut_Man
02-27-2004, 08:28 PM
If they did do a remake of the original Goldeneye for gamecube, i'd want to see:

-Graphic Resolution increased (even the jump from 1.5 to 1.6 Counterstike would do ;))
-All multiplayer maps and options from Perfect Dark
-Ragdoll physics :p

DarkLord60
02-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Here we go EA trying their best, yea right! Yet again another craptastic game from EA.

TheHobGoblin
02-28-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm just getting everything or nothing...


That looks really crappy....

ET Warrior
02-28-2004, 10:07 PM
[episdoe obi wan]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[/obi wan]

They're going to ruin it. I know they will, they won't stop until they've ruined everything I've ever held dear to me. :(

RoxStar
02-29-2004, 02:14 AM
I don't know... If its like Everything or Nothing I'll love it.

ET Warrior
02-29-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by RoxStar
I don't know... If its like Everything or Nothing I'll love it.

That game is TERRIBLE. EA games came to my dorm and we had a tournament...I won it and got a free copy of the game. I'm trading it in for anything else. the multiplayer sucked BAD, and even single player was crappy, since all you do to aim is hold in the L button.

5 thumbs down for Everythign or Nothing

the_raven_03
02-29-2004, 05:56 PM
I also played Everything or Nothing. TERRIBLE. And because EA is making Goldeneye 2 they will find a way to ruin it also, since they can't make a good game that isn't a sports game.

ET Warrior
02-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Well, I guess EA did make the medal of honor games. Those weren't too bad actually. And they made The Lord of the rings games...which also weren't terrible.

But overall, EA has done nothing but evil with their lisence for James Bond games. We need to stop them before they COMPLETELY ruin the genre.

jokemaster
02-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior

But overall, EA has done nothing but evil with their lisence for James Bond games. We need to stop them before they COMPLETELY ruin the genre.
They have the licencse til 2010 :( :mad:

the_raven_03
02-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
They have the licencse til 2010 :( :mad:

Say it isn't so. That means 6 more years of crappy Bond games. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

DarkLord60
02-29-2004, 06:22 PM
I like some of EA's games but not any bond games. I wish Rare had the bond licesnce.

ET Warrior
02-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
They have the licencse til 2010 :( :mad:

Oh God no!!! NOOOOO!

Seriously, I'm thinking the following is an actual account of a meeting trying to come up with the next game slated for development


So....we haven't made anything but a sports game for awhile and I think we should do something else...Any ideas anyone?

*crickets*

Okay, I guess we'll make another Bond game. I want it on shelves in 6 months.

Alegis
02-29-2004, 06:33 PM
*casts doomed spell*

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOMED

toms
03-01-2004, 11:33 AM
come on guys, give them a break... after a lot of attempts they have finally got the hang of making bond games. Everythign or Nothing is the first bond game that is as good as, if not better than goldeneye... and it is pretty damn good.

Multiplayer is weak, but the singleplayer rocks... Looks like EA have finally figured out how to make a good game. :D

(Actually, Agent under fire was pretty damn good too... it just felt like it was rushed out with about 1/3 or the content missing). :D

I wonder if this means that EA has the rights to the original Goldeneye, or just the name??? I'd love an upgraded version of the original as a bonus (like nintendo did with Zelda).

I wonder if the new game will be set in the goldeneye timeframe... or just be a new plot that happens to involve the goldeneye?

Playing as Sean Bean alongside Xenia Onnatop would rule, with an intersecting plot that showed what the bad guys were up to when not onscreen.
:D

BongoBob
03-01-2004, 12:24 PM
...dude...I've played EoN. I can say thyis now...I HATED IT!

Why the hell did they make it third person. And such a crappy third person at that.

If they include a bonus disk of the original with revamped MP, I would buy it. But if not, well then, Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off, to blockbuster I go!

ET Warrior
03-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by toms
Everythign or Nothing is the first bond game that is as good as, if not better than goldeneye...

THAT, my friend, is pure and total blasphemy.

Could somebody who enjoyed EoN explain WHY it's entertaining playing a shooter game where you don't even have to aim your own gun?

the_raven_03
03-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by toms
come on guys, give them a break... after a lot of attempts they have finally got the hang of making bond games. Everythign or Nothing is the first bond game that is as good as, if not better than goldeneye... and it is pretty damn good.

Multiplayer is weak, but the singleplayer rocks... Looks like EA have finally figured out how to make a good game. :D

(Actually, Agent under fire was pretty damn good too... it just felt like it was rushed out with about 1/3 or the content missing). :D

I wonder if this means that EA has the rights to the original Goldeneye, or just the name??? I'd love an upgraded version of the original as a bonus (like nintendo did with Zelda).

I wonder if the new game will be set in the goldeneye timeframe... or just be a new plot that happens to involve the goldeneye?

Playing as Sean Bean alongside Xenia Onnatop would rule, with an intersecting plot that showed what the bad guys were up to when not onscreen.
:D

All this is gibbergabber. EoN was a terrible game and I agree with ET about what fun is there not having to aim your gun. Mmmmmmmmm?

There is no fun when you press a button and you are automatically aimed at the enemy.

jokemaster
03-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
THAT, my friend, is pure and total blasphemy.

Could somebody who enjoyed EoN explain WHY it's entertaining playing a shooter game where you don't even have to aim your own gun?
EoN is not really a good TPS, but it does feel kinda like a Bond movie, except with some scenes.

ET Warrior
03-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
EoN is not really a good TPS, but it does feel kinda like a Bond movie, except with some scenes.

BLEH, I dont' want to play a movie. I want to watch a movie. I want to PLAY a Video game.

jokemaster
03-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
BLEH, I dont' want to play a movie. I want to watch a movie. I want to PLAY a Video game.
Like I said, it isn't a good game, but it does feel Bondish. I didn't really like it though, just rented it over the weekend since I didn't have anything else to do.

toms
03-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by the_raven_03
All this is gibbergabber. EoN was a terrible game and I agree with ET about what fun is there not having to aim your gun. Mmmmmmmmm?

There is no fun when you press a button and you are automatically aimed at the enemy.

Yes, you are right i must be mad. Oh, hang on... it seems to be getting universally good reviews, with several reviews mentioning that it is the first game to step out of goldeneye's shadow. Maybe i wasn't talking gibberjabber after all. phew. that is a relief!!

Most 3rd person action games have some form of autotargetting, so i don't see how you can single out EoN for criticism... even goldeneye had a large amout of autoaim. Infact, with it's piper system it has more aiming involved than most 3rd person games...

Seems to me that you were expecting a FPS multiplayer game and are disappointed that is game isn't what you expected, not that it is a bad game.
Its more like splinter cell meets perfect dark meets need for speed meets agent under fire than it is like goldeneye... but that is what it is meant to be.

----------

Turns out that goldeneye 2 seems to have almost nothing to do with goldeneye.... you play a dissmissed 00 agent who signs up under Auric Goldfinger and attempts to become the best bond villain ever.

Not sure about this... sounds a little too like Contract Jack with you being a villain fighting other villains... after all, you can't actually kill any of the bond good guys can you???

I'd have rather had a cool 006/sean bean prequel with him being a good guy but gradually turning to the bad side.... but maybe thats just me.

the_raven_03
03-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by toms
Its more like splinter cell meets perfect dark meets need for speed meets agent under fire than it is like goldeneye... but that is what it is meant to be.


No. Splinter Cell was good. EoN was not. That is all I have to say.

El Sitherino
03-02-2004, 02:52 PM
I liked EoN but not as much as Goldeneye. And you shouldn't even compare the two, they are completely different games with completely different styles. Each style was to cater to a different gamer.

ET Warrior
03-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Most 3rd person action games have some form of autotargetting, so i don't see how you can single out EoN for criticism... even goldeneye had a large amout of autoaim. Infact, with it's piper system it has more aiming involved than most 3rd person games...
I'm not really sure what 3rd person games YOU are playing, but of the ones i've played and enjoyed....I can't recall one where you push a button and the computer points your gun at the bad guy...:rolleyes:

And Goldeneye had a manner of auto aim out of necessity, the N64 didn't have the control style to accomodate a two analog stick aim style, and any other method was very uncomfortable. EoN didn't have that limitation, though it seems they pretended too.

I liked EoN but not as much as Goldeneye. And you shouldn't even compare the two,

I'm not. I just really really hated Everything or Nothing.

Feanaro
03-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Hmmmmm, Goldeneye 2 eh, i'm pretty sure i'm excited to see how it's gonna be, but i'm pretty afraid of crappy it could be and how it'll ruin Goldeneye. But oh well maybe it'll be a great game?

jokemaster
03-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by toms

I'd have rather had a cool 006/sean bean prequel with him being a good guy but gradually turning to the bad side.... but maybe thats just me.
That....would.....be......awesome

All I really don't like about EoN is the multiplayer, only 3 co-op chapters? AND WTF IS UP WITH THE DEATHMATCH? Seriously, they should've used maps from SP and others, and used split screen. The current MP is just stupid. That's what kills the game, after you play through once, you don't get much motivation to play through again. Sure you can get Platinum medals for cheats, but once you beat the game, they aren't really good, Production stills aren't my thing, and MP unlockables suck. I like games where you can play with friends and never get tired of it, not something I get tired with after about one hour