PDA

View Full Version : Year 4 Game Crashes...

Yuri
02-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Right, in year 4, the game crashes when the cutscene shows Manny and the crowd arriving at Rubocava.

It's really annoying and I'd like to know how I can fix this problem.

Btw, I'm running directx 9.0 and using Win XP Pro and yes, my game has been patched.

Edit: I've also tried copying over the .lab files, didn't work. Now, sound in cutscenes have gone choppy, the gamescreen freezes and then crashes to desktop.

Thanks!
Yuri

Yuri
02-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Oh and it definitely can't be a memory problem. I've 768 mb of ram and it is a lot!

I've also tried using the compability mode(both Win 95 and Win 98). Well, no change. Turning off 3d acceleration proved no results, either.

I also tried moving out the majority of my save files(well, I save a lot and had more than 100 of them) in case it was slowing down the game.

Anyway, I doubt there is anything wrong with the cdrom(unless it's only 1 of the files that's corrupt) as I was able to play the game smoothly and perfectly until Year 4. That was when the cutscenes started crashing(the cutscene that showed Dom being killed and so on),etc.

Btw, I really hope that I won't have to uninstall Directx 9.0. The reason being that I have quite a few other software titles that would complain if I tried to run directx 6.0 on my machine.

Oh well, I'll fiddle around and see what I can do. Hopefully, someone can give me some pointers on how to fix this. ;__;

Yuri
03-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Oh well... I solved the problems and completed the game already.