PDA

View Full Version : Minimize games using hotkeys?

Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 08:24 PM
hey, just wondering if any of u know how to minimize any computer game ur in so u can access other programmes?

iv tried alt + tab and that does nothing
using the windows key it just shows up the taskbar and if i try clicking on another programme it wont pop up. or if i try to right click + minimize the game im in it wont work.

im sure iv seen this question asked on the forum before...but then that would be a while back :)

•-BLaCKouT-•
02-27-2004, 08:28 PM
I believe there's a Q3-Engine minimizer out there somewhere, but personally, I run my games 'windowed' and Alt-Tab works fine for me. It's just full-screen when it doesn't.

:) B.

Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 08:31 PM
how can u put them windowed? there might be a way of windowing it and then minimizing it

Jed
02-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit
hey, just wondering if any of u know how to minimize any computer game ur in so u can access other programmes?

iv tried alt + tab and that does nothing
using the windows key it just shows up the taskbar and if i try clicking on another programme it wont pop up. or if i try to right click + minimize the game im in it wont work.

im sure iv seen this question asked on the forum before...but then that would be a while back :)

Aside from the question...

Holy ****, it's Divine Spirit. :|

Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Jed
Aside from the question...

Holy ****, it's Divine Spirit. :|

well its a loooong story....

well ok, its not :P iv just bought a lovely new PC and got broadband access on my computer so i thought why not play this brilliant game again? the game was awful to play on on my old pc because it was so slow.

and i thought id look around here and see what i could find :)

•-BLaCKouT-•
02-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, assuming it's JO/JA we're talking about, go into the video setup screen and change Full Screen Mode to off. I think you've also got to set the resolution lower than your screen res. Mine's 800x600 (small monitor) and I set my game res to 640 x 480. While this is relatively small, I don't get that many FPS issues ;)

B.

Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 08:53 PM
well, iv got my game running in a window now and it seems to work.

thanks for the help :)

•-BLaCKouT-•
02-27-2004, 09:04 PM
is cool :D

B.

XERXES
02-27-2004, 09:10 PM
alt + tab works well for me, never had any trouble with it at all.

Joetheeskimo
02-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Also, a quick note: sometimes you have to hold down Alt + Tab for about 3-6 seconds, then let go. It may work then.

obi
02-27-2004, 10:18 PM
As Jed said....

Holy crap. Divine, Where in the WORLD did you go? First Slayne returns, now you....

I could have sworn I whiped out all of you Sith....

Ah well, welcome back anyway.

;)

DarkLord60
02-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Alt + ENTER works for me.

Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
As Jed said....

Holy crap. Divine, Where in the WORLD did you go? First Slayne returns, now you....

;)

i just went on a bit of a walk about :D looks like this place is still going strong. i would have thought it had slowed down since the game got older? any changes around the forum? aside from it being a new forum :D i think ill hang around a bit more then...

looks like the sith are back ;)

btw, tried holding down alt + tab for quite a lot of seconds and it still didnt work. im fine using a window thing tho.

Astrotoy7
02-29-2004, 01:10 AM
For Jedi Academy at least, there is a cool little uitility called "JA Minimiser" that I used to use alot, it was very fast, and very STABLE.....

MTFBWYA

Darth Slayne
02-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Generaly I don't have a problem with Alt-Tab. But then I suppose it depends on what your playing.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

;)

My good man! Did you have spuds in your lug-holes when I said that the Sith always show up again sooner or later?

I swear! It has to be old age catching up on you! :p

ZBomber
02-29-2004, 02:11 PM
*grabs lightsaber*

The sith won't be along for long! :p

Welcome back, Divine. I liked your weird mouse looking avatar. ^_^

I usually just press the windows button, btw. :p

Ziechel
03-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Control + Alt + Delete should open taskmanager ----> minimize by clicking right on the program

Alegis
03-01-2004, 04:12 PM
when dooing that ziechel i think you only get the START bar, as I get when i try to alt tab in most games (all of them of the Q-engine) some time ago i tried to get Q3E minimizer but i failed in getting it..

Black Knight of Keno
03-01-2004, 04:37 PM
alt + tab works for me. But you should remeber that there is games like C&C: Red alert where the alt + tab doesn't work. It's somekind of a bug or something I think

Lindsey
03-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Not to mention your screen looks like it just blew up when you do that, all bright and everything :cool:

Ziechel
03-01-2004, 06:17 PM
heh funny, on my pc it works with ctr alt del

Divine Spirit
03-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
*grabs lightsaber*

The sith won't be along for long! :p

Welcome back, Divine. I liked your weird mouse looking avatar. ^_^

I usually just press the windows button, btw. :p

i think this is the one ur talking about. its a bear :D

looks like the sith are back.

theres hardly anyone on the servers anymore - i cant be too surprised really but im sad that iv like missed the busy time

ZBomber
03-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit
i think this is the one ur talking about. its a bear :D

looks like the sith are back.

theres hardly anyone on the servers anymore - i cant be too surprised really but im sad that iv like missed the busy time

Thats the one! It does look like a bear now that you mention it. :D

You had some sad guy crying before, too. I have a good memory for people's avatars. ^_^