PDA

View Full Version : promotions

Alegis
03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Do you think this game would be better with a promotional system like in Enemy Territory or not?

Quick description: in ET as a class you have 3 columns in the left bottom, CLASS COLUMN (engineer/medic..)/Light weapons/battlesens

When you gain enough exp for each, you get a star for it (max=4) and each time a little bonus, for example when you reached exp 50 for light weapons you get faster reload etc... I personally like this very much, but perhaps a bit misplaced in swbf?

Kallel Rahl
03-01-2004, 05:30 PM
i think it sounds like a good idea. but i think they're gonna wanna stick with the casual gamer thing. keep everyone on the same level, that sorta thing.

-=DarkZero=-
03-01-2004, 06:15 PM
If Battle Field 1942 had it, which I'm sure it had something similar, I havn't played it since Christmas, then SWBF will have it, because it's all based on the same game design.

ExcelsioN
03-01-2004, 06:45 PM
BF1942 never had anything built into the game - but a site managed to keep a record of your stats for certain servers, awarding certain medals for stuff etc.

The only problem is that I once took the (UK) part (at the end of my name) off...and it wiped my stats.

Anyways if you play BF you might wanna check it out. BF Stats.com (http://www.bfstats.com)