PDA

View Full Version : Is True View included in OJP Basic?

Nemios
03-04-2004, 08:35 AM
I have to admit I'm not following too much this project, but I read beta testers are trying true view too, so my interest is growing. I can't find any reference to true view in the readme of OJP Basic, is this a feature of the extended? True view dosn't change gameplay, does it?

If beta testers are needed for the basic version i'm available :)

razorace
03-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes, True View will be in the next basic release.

And since you're interested, I'll create a beta for basic once I have ported some additional stuff into basic first. Maybe sometime tomorrow. Watch the beta tester thread for details.

Nemios
03-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by razorace
Yes, True View will be in the next basic release.

Good news! :)

Originally posted by razorace
And since you're interested, I'll create a beta for basic once I have ported some additional stuff into basic first. Maybe sometime tomorrow. Watch the beta tester thread for details.

Roger! :biggs:

razorace
03-18-2004, 02:51 AM
porting complete. Sorry I'm late. Check out the beta tester thread for the file. It will be up in a few mins.

Nemios
03-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Ok! I was on holyday and just returned. I'll begin testing soon. Thanks!

razorace
03-30-2004, 07:50 AM
You're welcome.

Hekx
05-01-2004, 07:30 PM
I thought I would post a few suggestions for the next Basic beta, minor ones that have been done before mostly;

Multiple Taunts in all game-types. (At the moment, it is only available in Duel)
Ability to change sabre hilt without respawn, but not sabre type. For example; Single to Staff - Respawn. Single_1 to Single_6 - No Respawn.
Saber Challenge improvements: 100/100 at Duel start. Broadcasted messages fill the console instead of the middle of the screen. Duel winner gets 100/25 at challenge finish.

Some smaller suggestions here that should make Basic better.

Thanks.

razorace
05-01-2004, 10:55 PM
1. Already in Basic. Has been for sometime.
2. There's some technical issues with that one. Namely that it could be used to cheat.
3. That would be a gameplay change. Gameplay changes don't go in Basic. Besides, people would just abuse it to avoid death in FFA games. Not cool.

Hekx
05-02-2004, 06:05 AM
OK, thanks for the replies. I never noticed multiple taunts were enabled with Basic. Does it follow the similar system of the Duel gametype?

taunt, taunt1, taunt2, etc etc.

razorace
05-02-2004, 06:40 AM
It's exactly the same. Same commands and everything.

Hekx
05-02-2004, 07:36 AM
We are talking about sound taunts, right? Not the animation/emotes. I have only been stuck with models using the default taunt.mp3/taunt.wav file.

keshire
05-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Oh sounds aye. Well no. Many mods already change that. Most on a per model basis.

razorace
05-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Hekx
We are talking about sound taunts, right? Not the animation/emotes. I have only been stuck with models using the default taunt.mp3/taunt.wav file.

You lost me. The taunts don't randomly play a taunt sound if you're not in duel?

Hekx
05-03-2004, 01:45 PM
In all other game types apart from Duel, all models/skins use the default taunt and do not randomly nor cycle through other taunts. In short, no multiple taunts :(

razorace
05-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Hmmm, that's not good. I'll have to check that out when I have time.