PDA

View Full Version : The Pain...

IG-64
03-04-2004, 05:15 PM
I came back from ortho yesterday from getting on update on my braces, I've had them for about a year and a half now.

They put a strength chain all the way across the top teeth which is major owie, and they added a rubber band on the right side as well as the one already on the left.

I feel pain, I took a vikoden,yes, I know, it's bad, but it helped, it's starting to wear off though, and the pain is marching in.

So anyone else feel my pain of braces?

ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
I used to have that. I got a chain on my top row once...it was certainly a pain in the mouth.

Now i'm all done with them and Very pleased with my uncrooked teeth.

(doesn't eating bread suck with braces?)

ExcelsioN
03-04-2004, 06:33 PM
I've never had braces and hopefully never will have to, although I know a lot of people who do have them.

DarkLord60
03-04-2004, 06:41 PM
I had braces but i really didnt need them plus I aways broke them off all the time.

IG-64
03-04-2004, 06:43 PM
I never break my braces.

Besides braces, have a wire that goes across the top of my mouth, which makes it difficult to eat stringy things, and, yes, bread is a pain as well.

DarkLord60
03-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
I never break my braces.

I wouldnt have if I ate the right stuff.

Alegis
03-04-2004, 06:51 PM
braces are getting more and more popular these days, too many ppl i know got em, including all my brothers. Guess i'm the lucky bastard though i dont take good care of my teeth anyway

Hermie
03-04-2004, 06:55 PM
the dentist said I have a perfect bite!

*drops a magnet on the floor and runs*

IG-64
03-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Herminator_64
the dentist said I have a perfect bite!

*drops a magnet on the floor and runs*

haha, they're not effected by magnets :P

Kain
03-04-2004, 07:10 PM
My girlfriend has had braces in for the longest(about a year and ahalf). Her teeth are perfectly straight now, but her orthodontest won't take the buggers out. Pisses her off.

My bro had em too, for like 6 months though.

rick ulo 11103
03-04-2004, 07:45 PM
when my brother got braces, he got pissed off about anything. i normally heard him yelling curse words about his braces thru his door. that was the first month or maybe 2, im not sure i cant remember i was young.

i naver want braces:(

Astrotoy7
03-04-2004, 07:59 PM
apparently, I was born with my mother's tiny jaw, and my father's larger teeth ! As a result there was alot of crowding that was going to happen, so when I was about 8 I had 6 teeth taken out just to make room for the ones that were coming through. Ive never had braces but I dont have super straight teeth either..... theyre passable though. im just waiting for em all to fall out so I can get some gold dentures. (ie. when im about 70)

My grandfather had about 5 or 6 gold teeth...they looked so cool !

MTFBWYA

jebbers
03-05-2004, 12:47 AM

ewww....yucky...does he look like 50 cent??? :fett:

Acrylic
03-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Well, I am gonna get braces.

They took molds and X-Rays of my teeth on Tuesday.

On April 13th, theres price talks and such.

Sometime in April, I'll get my braces in. :/

dark jedi 8
03-05-2004, 01:46 AM
i'll probably end up getting braces, my teeth are pretty screwed up.:(

Druid Allanon
03-05-2004, 04:27 AM
I never had braces... never wanted to. I'm ugly enough, I don't want braces to make me uglier!

Crow_Nest
03-05-2004, 05:46 AM
Yes i feel your pain, i also wear braces last year just removed them in november 2003. ;)

Its pretty popular and common these days.

DarkLord60
03-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Yes i feel your pain, i also wear braces last year just removed them in november 2003. ;)

Its pretty popular and common these days.

They may be popular but they're not liked

Troopr-Undr-Fir
03-05-2004, 03:52 PM
AWWW man, count yourself lucky you weren't there back in the day when the cages in your mouth could literally tare your lip to shreds. Why, I remember when I had a to iron bars in my mouth that I had to lay on the floor every night and have my mo tighten them for me. Just ponder that for a while IG.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
03-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
apparently, I was born with my mother's tiny jaw, and my father's larger teeth ! As a result there was alot of crowding that was going to happen, so when I was about 8 I had 6 teeth taken out just to make room for the ones that were coming through. Ive never had braces but I dont have super straight teeth either..... theyre passable though. im just waiting for em all to fall out so I can get some gold dentures. (ie. when im about 70)

MTFBWYA

SO you're saying you like like mr. ed?

HAR HAR HAR!!!

I laugh at you :)