PDA

View Full Version : Radar

Mountainforest
03-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I'd like to know how people are thinking about a radar in the game. I'll give my own opinion first:

I don't want a radar in the game, because I think the game would be much more fun if people can hide behind trees without the enemy knowing that you are somewhere around.
However, a special unit (like the jetpack-trooper) with the special ability to use a radar sounds like fun to me.

Pie™
03-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with what you just said...
*nods*
*nods again*

What?

dark jedi 8
03-07-2004, 07:33 PM
i sorta agree, the element of surprise would definately be high. but if its a large map you may get lost or spend lots of time trying to find a battle and as a result your team may be undersupplied and get killed.

it may also be unrealistic to not include radar b/c this is star wars and the level of technology is high enough for all factions to include scanners or something w/their troops. it'd be cool if they had a choice to turn it off for those who didn't want it.

Wai_TungLeung
03-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Well I think we should have options regarding the radar. My favourite ftp at the moment allows host to choose 3 radar options:

1) Shows enermies and allies
2) Shows allies
3) Shows nothing

The majority choose the second option, so you lot got not much to worry about in theory.

pink lightsaber
03-11-2004, 11:27 PM
I just want it to show allies not enemies i want to be suprised by the enemy and the same for the other end, the enemy.

_OUT_