PDA

View Full Version : Would you tell a hot first date that you are a Star Wars Freak ??

Astrotoy7
03-11-2004, 11:48 AM
This is just hypothetically speaking for me, as Astro is old and shacked up with a lass, but the question has been posed.....

if you were going on a hot first date with someone would you give the game away and tell them you are a SW freak(yes, admit it, you are, we all are !!)..... or would you wait, as it might scare them off !

VOTE NOW !!

I'd like to see what others think, and Im sure some may have a relevant personal experience to contribute.........

MTFBWYA

Astrotoy7
03-11-2004, 11:58 AM
actually, thinking back, I believe I deliberately waited till my 3rd date or so to tell my current partner about my SW thang. That was 4 years ago. Turned out she was into SW as well, to a varying degree, which was cool.. :D

MTFBWYA

Sivy
03-11-2004, 12:08 PM
If we were talking about what films we like or something then yes, but I wouldn’t just blurt it out for no reason.

i started going out with my g/f just before ep I came out and i dragged her along to that. she quite like it, so i was then comfortable with showing my star wars geekness.

ET Warrior
03-11-2004, 01:09 PM
You kidding? That's the first thing I say to people when I meet them.

"Hi, my name is AJ and Star Wars owns your face."

They typically stop talking after that..............

Not really that bad, but if it came up on a first date I'd deffinately spill the beans.

Elijah
03-11-2004, 02:00 PM
I wouldnt call myself a starwarks geek... I like all the movies, and I play the game because I like most quake based games... But if I had I to tell them anything it would be LOTR > SW KTNXBYE

txa1265
03-11-2004, 02:14 PM
I voted yes, but I'm a fossil and have been married almost as long as the average age of people here ... so what does my opinion matter ;) :D

Mike

Black Knight of Keno
03-11-2004, 02:18 PM
I like to piss people off...

I voted "Only if he/she's a trekkie"

Neverhoodian
03-11-2004, 02:23 PM
I usually go for the diplomatic approach. I just say that I'm a "big fan of Star Wars." I've found that such a general answer usually doesn't raise suspicions, instead of saying things like "Kyle Katarn pwns Luke Skywalker! Chewbacca is over 200 years old! Han shot first, DAMMIT!!!!!!"

Even then, things aren't that bad if she can look past the fetish. My hot date I'm taking to the prom knows about it, and she still likes me.:D

Boba Rhett
03-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Ehh..... I'd drop that bomb later. :D

Jared
03-11-2004, 02:54 PM
.....ok girls and sw don't mix, at least hot girls and star wars.

no girl I have ever dated has ever known I have liked star wars, much less .....heh, nvm.

I wouldnt tell her....I would deny it a million times.

•-BLaCKouT-•
03-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Up until a month ago I had a padawan haircut. So I think they know already :xp:
But if the subject comes up, then I'll admit I'm a SW geek. Hell, why should I be embarassed?

EDIT: Oh, and chicks dig guys who can show commitment.. when they see my SW VHS collection, they think "s**t, that is commitment" :xp:

:D B.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
03-11-2004, 03:50 PM
I just gradually let them know by my actions ;)

ExcelsioN
03-11-2004, 04:39 PM
SW dosen't play a too big part in my life...I'd probably have to admit that I like video games a bit too much.

DarkLord60
03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Boy I never thought about it Id probably just let her find out on her own.

El Sitherino
03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
I told my gf. of course it wasn't hard for her to figure out, since i have like 3 star wars shirts and posters on my wall. She likes star wars too, not as much as myself, but ... it's the liking that counts eh?

txa1265
03-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Just to clarify:

While Star Wars games dominate my favorite games list, and Star Wars movies dominate my favorite movies list, think about it from the opposite side.

What things a girl would say would help you learn about her and which would trigger your 'flight instinct'.

You should fairly project those things you are interested in to someone, but to come across as obsessive (e.g. saying to a girl "Star Wars is more important to me than you will ever be, so deal") indicates that you may be a whack-job.

Mike

ET Warrior
03-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
You should fairly project those things you are interested in to someone, but to come across as obsessive (e.g. saying to a girl "Star Wars is more important to me than you will ever be, so deal") indicates that you may be a whack-job.

What if I told her Star Wars was more important to me than food?

<_<

>_>

So I like Star Wars, get off my case

El Sitherino
03-11-2004, 06:18 PM
I love star wars, but I wouldn't tell a girl I love it more than her. If I did love it more than her, she's not the right girl for me anyways. But my gf is the right girl for me. so star wars and her stay in my life ^_^

Black Knight of Keno
03-11-2004, 06:34 PM
InsaneSith, and that's the part where everything goes wrong :D You'r gf start's to dominate your life and you come here nly twice in four weeks. Your computer's screen starts to get dusty and the keyboard has a nice grey cover on it. Then you move in with her and your computer gets into a very small room where the only heat comes when you sweat after a day's hard work and try to be in the computer even for five minutes before your gf offers you lunch and then you get to a romantic movie and you come here only once a year...

Do I have to say more

MennoniteHobbit
03-11-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm too much of a geek and nerd to find a hot date. :-|

i wouldn't mention it unless the topic is brought up.

•-BLaCKouT-•
03-11-2004, 07:43 PM
[:yoda:] To Darth Tepe you listen, hmmm? [/:yoda:]

;) B.

TheHobGoblin
03-11-2004, 08:26 PM
I never really say yet the first one was a SW fan

ET Warrior
03-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
I could do a billion dirty jokes with the word midichlorian but I'm not.

I'd like to hear a million. come on, just a million.

Yeah, that's what I thought

swphreak
03-11-2004, 11:56 PM
*points to name*

and my gf knows

leXX
03-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Jared
.....ok girls and sw don't mix, at least hot girls and star wars.

Excuse me? ¬¬

ET Warrior
03-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by leXX
Excuse me? ¬¬

Uh oh............bad things are gonna happen now!

RUN JARED RUN!!

Actually....just stay still Jared...I'll enjoy watching Lexx tear you apart :p

ZBomber
03-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Ofcourse I'd tell her. I made it quite obious to everyone in my school I like Star Wars. Do I have a Gf? No. :p

But Star Wars is what makes me who I am. If I wasn't a geek, I'd be SOOOOO boring, girls wouldn't be attracted to me at all. ^_^

Now, where can I buy some Jeddeh Charm? :)

EDIT - I voted I would share my knowledge, and YES, people are scared of me for my knowledge of Star Wars.

TheHobGoblin
03-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Excuse me? ¬¬
How you do that eye thing.

It depends on the girl's taste.

ZBomber
03-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Its a combination of alt and the numpad...... I don't remember the exact code......

Jared
03-12-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Its a combination of alt and the numpad...... I don't remember the exact code......

alt....1.....7.....0

Excuse me? ¬¬

uh....I......

uh....

*blinks*

*runs like hell*

Druid Allanon
03-12-2004, 04:31 AM
I wouldn't tell my date that I like Star Wars... look, I love Star Wars, but... it's sorta old. People might scorn at me. However, one of my best friends like Star Wars too, and we were constantly laughing about phrases used at each other such as 'you foolish Jedi', or 'lemme use my Jedi senses to find out what she's thinking'.

Last time, I was frantically searching for a Star Wars book, then my friend came by and exclaimed, 'What the... you Star Wars freak!' Considering it's a remark from my friend, who's used to joking, I didn't take it as an offense. But if it's a date whom I'm trying to impress, then I would take it to heart indeed. :( Of course, if I find out that she likes Star Wars too, I'll tell her the truth. :)

ET Warrior
03-12-2004, 05:54 AM
I wouldn't date a girl who wouldn't accept me as a Star Wars nerd. I'd rather barbecue her than put up with a Star Wars hater!

:p :p :p

Astrotoy7
03-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Excuse me? ¬¬

Since you are our forum mum, I'm sure many of these kids just dont like to think of mother figures as 'hot' lexx, that's all ! :p

mtfbwya

Kain
03-12-2004, 09:50 AM
If I WAS a SW freak (I own a shoddy copy of the trilogy remastered, XWing, Xwing Alliance, and JK2), I'd probably tell her. It was hard enough finding a date, why not add to the BLEEDING CHALLENGE!?!

ET, whats with the small fonts bud?

Astrotoy7
03-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Kain

Little fonts for a little man :p (j/k :p )

I have to admit, I have been carrying on quite bit a since e2 came out that the only thing I have to look forward to in life is Ep3. I think this occasionally gets on my partners nerves.....but Iwas just joking.........right ?? :confused:

MTFBWYA

ET Warrior
03-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Kain

Boredom.

And I'm trying to make Astrotoy feel like a big man for the first time in his life

manoman81
03-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Well I have a hot gf. Am I a SW geek? Probably hedging towards that title, but I also have a life, hence the hot gf. The cool thing about her though is that she helps my geekiness along (she got me the Darth Vader lego model for Valentine's day). As for the first date, I would have to go with the "only if she is a trekkie" one. Otherwise, I would let her find out later after she sees me playing on the cpu or watching the movies.

Master_Keralys
03-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Because the only girls I'd consider going out with would be girls I'd known for at least a few months anyway, I'm sure they'd already know. Everyone who knows me knows. I may not be a walking encyclopedia like some over on tf.n, but of the people here my SW knowledge level is scary. And then plug that into real life... the only things I know more about are LOTR and Christianity (my highest focus in life).

I figure if a girl can't deal with the fact that I obsessively read every new SW and Wheel of Time book that comes out, she's probably not the right girl for me anyway...

LeXX, I'm less inclined to believe you're hot with a name like "Forum Mum". Maybe you'd get a better reaction with "Forum Supermodel - will kill you if you try anything..." Just a thought. Besides, how can we believe you're hot if we've never seen a picture of you?

Captain Wilson
03-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Master_Keralys
I obsessively read every new Wheel of Time book

:eek: :eek: :eek: Another person who reads wheel of time. Sweet

I probaly wouldnt say unless asked

leXX
03-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Whether or not the boys in a forum think I'm hot or not is neither here nor there to me. I freely and proudly let everyone know I'm married with two children, so why would I care? I'm not an attention seeking whore. Besides, I know I'm hot and so does my husband and that's good enough for me. ;)

What I was objecting to is the stereotypical view that girls and Star Wars don't mix. Trust me when I say there are much more of us out there than you think. Very naive.

And Master_Keralys, a lot of people have seen my picture.

-=DarkZero=-
03-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I chose: Yes ! I like to share my love of SW, I dont care if it scares people : The reason for this is because as soon as I enter a relationship, the question of what they should get me on birthdays or other occasions comes into revalancy, sooooo, STAR WARS :) I've been collecting since I was 2, well...I have many many many Star Wars collectables, and I buy every replica that comes to master replicas, annnnnnnnd every girlfriend I had got me Star Wars Toys, and action figures, and other cool Star Wars collectable Items, now from what my choice was too this, is a complete rant, so bye ^_^

ET Warrior
03-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Whether or not the boys in a forum think I'm hot or not is neither here nor there to me.

Liar! You know deep down you really care if I think you're hot!!

<_<

>_>

I know, I'm retarded

Neverhoodian
03-13-2004, 12:09 AM
What I was objecting to is the stereotypical view that girls and Star Wars don't mix. Trust me when I say there are much more of us out there than you think. Very naive.

Hear hear. Some of my best friends are female Star Wars fans. They're out there, and they're more common than you think.

TheHobGoblin
03-13-2004, 12:17 AM
I stoped whatching alot of SW but I keep my doses of JO everyday....

Uh oh Lexx's pissed! RUN!!! *Get's on glider and flies away*

rick ulo 11103
03-13-2004, 12:21 AM
i... really dont care... im only eleven... when my friends ask me who i like i normally draw a face on my hand and say i love her... im really not a star wars geek... i havent even seen all the movies.

now that i think of it i dont know why im still here

Darth Slayne
03-13-2004, 02:20 AM
Besides, I know I'm hot and so does my husband and that's good enough for me

As it should be ;)

As far as I'm concerned there is NO point in hiding what you like or pretending to be something you aren't. If thats the case, then would this girl be right for you? Sure, it might not be a good thing to say on a first date that you are a Star Wars FREAK and that you would like to see her in the Slave Lea outfit. Thats just silly even if it does work on a selected few.

And just because a girl is "hot" does not mean that she aint into Star Wars. Don't beleive me? Fine. Have it your way, but you'll be the one missing out in the long run.

The Cheat
03-13-2004, 02:33 AM
sure i would, its part of who i am

Astrotoy7
03-13-2004, 02:34 AM
wow, a little bit of bickering on the boil..... lexxy, I've never seen your pic but I think your cool, and cool is even better than hot, IMO !

But what myself and Keralys have said about being "forum mum" getting in the way of being *perceived* as hot is still true. I know Keralys for the EU/JA forums and he's not the type of person to make snide or jugemental comments.... :D

:) Howdy to Keralys !

I think that point about perceptions is very valid, look at what Amidala from Chop Shop has to put up with...

ET - you really must be bored man, fiddling with all your fonts..... and the only time I ever feel like a big man is when I drop my shorts...... :p

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
03-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
ET - you really must be bored man

I'd say that about sums it up.

I'll show you big man when I drop my shorts...oh.... wait....where is it......ah.........damn

leXX
03-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
But what myself and Keralys have said about being "forum mum" getting in the way of being *perceived* as hot is still true. I know Keralys for the EU/JA forums and he's not the type of person to make snide or jugemental comments.... :D

Which only goes to re-inforce the point that I don't care whether people perceive me as hot or not. ;)

Alegis
03-13-2004, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't hide it all when asked for interests. I don't think it scares em at all, well you gotta find girls who look more for the inside of human beeings and don't get shocked by the word geek ;)

Jared
03-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I'd say that about sums it up.

I'll show you big man when I drop my shorts...oh.... wait....where is it......ah.........damn

*whistles*

I still disagree with you tho lexx.....girls like Johnny Depp, not star wars....^^

leXX
03-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Don't forget Orlando Bloom! :p

Jared
03-13-2004, 11:37 PM
I would also like to point out that if any hot girl that saw lotr, it was for orlando bloom, or viggo mortenson.

*runs*

leXX
03-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Your knowledge of the opposite sex is truly a wonder to behold. No really!

ET Warrior
03-13-2004, 11:47 PM

Shhhhh, don't let him know that he actually doesn't know anything about girls, you'll damage his fragile self-esteem.

Darth Rythe
03-14-2004, 12:04 AM
I cannot live without the midichlorians, but I can live without a girlfriend/boyfriend if that's how it's gonna be !

HANG ON!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*shoots self*

Astrotoy7
03-14-2004, 01:11 AM

c'mon, we know Jared is havin a larf(albeit perhaps a peurile one)one might as well say that the only reason boys read Playboy magazine is for the articles.

*Astro takes out Playboy compendium, flicks through bookmarked post- its and highlighted sections, smokes pipe and looks very scholarly* :p

MTFBWYA

leXX
03-14-2004, 01:30 AM
Jared and I were actually having a nice little IRC chat when those were posted (in fact we still are). People who know me well enough know when I'm having a laugh, and when I'm not. ^^

Jed
03-14-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Now, where can I buy some Jeddeh Charm? :)

See me after class...>_>

I wouldn't exactly admit it on a first date...but I dunno, if it came up? Y'never know! :)

Then again, it's hard enough getting a date. Gotta pimp tha Jeddeh Charm more...

Elijah
03-14-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Master_Keralys
Just a thought. Besides, how can we believe you're hot if we've never seen a picture of you? How can we ever know if LEXX is a woman! MABY I AM!

Pie™
03-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by ZDawg
How can we ever know if LEXX is a woman! MABY I AM! Newsflash; she has posted her picture...
I dunno if it was here or EB, but she has posted it...
Search for picture thread or something ;) ;)

ET Warrior
03-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!
Newsflash; she has posted her picture...

Newsflash: So had Zdawg. It's a joke.

Pie™
03-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Newsflash: So had Zdawg. It's a joke. :o

ummm... let's just pretend i quoted Master_Keralys :p

leXX
03-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Yes, I did post "a" picture, but who says it's mine? I could be a fat balding 60 year old axe murderer for all you lot know. ;)

ET Warrior
03-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Yes, I did post "a" picture, but who says it's mine? I could be a fat balding 60 year old axe murderer for all you lot know. ;)

Ahhh, nothing better to instill confidence in our mods than reminding us that they might just be child molestors pretending to be married women.

Elijah
03-15-2004, 05:09 AM
Newsflash: So had Zdawg. It's a joke. ahaha, I so look like a chick :-p

ET Warrior
03-15-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by ZDawg
ahaha, I so look like a chick :-p

Yeah...uh.......we didn't want to say anything..but you do. You really do.

WOMAN!!!

Now get in the kitchen and bake me a pie!:p

Elijah
03-15-2004, 05:28 AM
ahahaha, *submits* PIE TIME!!1

Astrotoy7
03-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Ahhh, nothing better to instill confidence in our mods than reminding us that they might just be child molestors pretending to be married women.

roflmao

well, I havent received any PMs from lexxy saying "I have a pretty mouth".....

*astro goes to check PMs, anxiously*

I personally think the mods should be more transparent with their identities.......especially those weird ones...(you know who you are....)

mtfbwya

XERXES
03-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Well, I'm not necessarily a "freak" about star wars, I just simply like and enjoy it. And why not share it with a gf...I mean if I am dating her why would I hold anything back from her? If you would youve got some trust issues going on...and if thats the case you shouldnt even be dating that girl in the first place. Find one who will be happy and enjoy you for who you are.

DarkLord60
03-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Yeah...uh.......we didn't want to say anything..but you do. You really do.

WOMAN!!!

Now get in the kitchen and bake me a pie!:p

ROFL