PDA

View Full Version : Sam and Max 2 - cancelled

Fred
03-03-2004, 06:45 PM
http://lucasarts.com/press/releases/85.html

Not good.

James Isaac
03-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I can't believe they did that. I didn't mind when they cancelled FT2. That wasn't that bad. I knew Sam & Max 2 would be better, and make it ok. But why did they cancel it? It looked so good.

I'm going to e-mail them and complain. If enough people do it, they might bring it back.

lagamorph321
03-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey all,
I wrote steve purcell (stevepurcell@hotmail.com) to give him a little encouragement and wrote lucasart to ask WTF? Anyone else interested in starting a campaign?

manny_c444
03-03-2004, 07:59 PM
It looked so good. This is ****ing bull****.

Teus
03-03-2004, 09:04 PM
This is terrible, the game sounded so promising. We should start a petition to bring it back in production. :(

elTee
03-03-2004, 09:26 PM
I already emailed LucasArts to complain. Those Bastards.

ptdc
03-03-2004, 10:05 PM
I'm going to email as soon as I can be bothered, which may be never.

Dale Baldwin
03-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Teus
This is terrible, the game sounded so promising. We should start a petition to bring it back in production. :(
A petition has been started here (http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html).

Udvarnoky
03-03-2004, 10:26 PM
How shocking. The cancellation of Sam and Max 2 isn't just a disappointment, but a betrayal. This destroys any hope for LucasArts' already waning adventure genre and really, LucasArts itself. It makes me sick.

What's worse about all of this to me is how far into production the game was. Wasn't voice acting complete or at least nearly complete at this point? And we've lost everything just because LucasArts chickened out in the marketing department? I'd like to think that this is only a long delay, but really, when would the game be so much better to release?

There's no polite way to put this: LucasArts made a stupid decision, and they've lost a lot of their genuine fans today.

scaryrobot
03-03-2004, 10:41 PM
I have emailled. I fear this may be the end of the LucasArts era.

Fred
03-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Udvarnoky There's no polite way to put this: LucasArts made a stupid decision, and they've lost a lot of their genuine fans today.
Well said.

We can only cross our fingers and hope that LucasArts realise what a mistake they've made. Otherwise, I fear that today marks the death of the LAC Adventure genre.

Alia
03-03-2004, 11:27 PM
DEATH TO ALL HUMANS!

AndrewL
03-03-2004, 11:50 PM
I'm really REALLY angry right now.

I can't believe it. It bugs me more that we don't get more sam and max, than not having an LA adventure game.

This was such a weak decision. If anything they should release stuff on the net for the fans at least. They got all that work, use it for something!

I can't believe it, i'm so mad. I'm gonna go to cali and bomb those stupid corporate fuks. Don't tease the fans and back off! You bastards!

Word's can't express how down I am now. No more sam and max game......geeez!

STEVE IF YOU'RE READING THIS. MAKE A COMIC! PLEASE! MAKE SOMETHING AVAILIBLE FOR YOUR FANS! SCAN SOME DRAWINGS ANYTHING!

hmm Steve MUST be pissed that this isn't coming out.

Jester
03-04-2004, 12:11 AM
I feel that Sam and Max 2 would not only have been a great boon to the wants (and pules) of Sam and Max fans, but also to adventure gamers (and gaming) as a whole. Sam and Max and adventure gaming are two remunerative and worthwhile institutions - perhaps not to the hulking masses of sheer numbers and pocketbooks - but to once interested votaries in quality gaming. The same, when faced with the gift of a sequel adventure/Purcell creation, might have been said of Lucasarts. But I'd wager that now that, when faced with Mr. Nelson's "justification," the most prominent conjecture is "Bull****."

toenail1
03-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by toenail1
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant belive it :( .... another part of my childhood died today, soon it will be complete. HTR was the game that got me into gaming, and transformed me into what i am today. it shaped my sense of humor and nurtured my ability with electronics. are people trying to kill off the early 90's and the 80's or something???

i used to be one of lucasarts biggest fans I EVEN BOUGHT THE PHANTOM MENACE GAME!!!! they just lost a huge fan

that game was going to make a bunch of money, i was getting all my friends to get sam and max, and everybody that got it LOVED IT

like it was said before, you put every single thought i am having right now into a clear sentence. i thought i was having a good day today, this just ruined it (even after social studies which was amazing)

it sure is the end of their ear, i could care less about another one of their games coming out, not even a new monkey island or something great

THANKS A LOT LUCASARTS ILL SEE YOU IN H**L

Darkhelm
03-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Ironically, while they cancelled the game allegedly for economic considerations, they now have to deal with thousands of disgruntled fans who will likely boycott their future releases unless there is a significant departure from LA's Star Wars license-mongering and a trend toward LA's roots.

This game would've been the perfect step to continue LA's great tradition of making excellent adventure games, however, this marks LA's actual rejection of this genre as a whole.

The adventure genre is not dead, however.

Sadly, I do feel called to ignore all upcoming releases. Goodbye, LucasArts. It was fun, especially 1988 till 1995, but this love affair is over.

toenail1
03-04-2004, 01:01 AM
Goodbye, LucasArts. It was fun, especially 1988 till 1995, but this love affair is over. wonderfully wroten

i now call for a mass boycott of all future LucasArts games until we get Sam and Max 2

and dont even think im not serious, i dont even want to hear their name anymore

if we stand tall and proud, they will hear us, we can NOT let this treachery go unanswered. do not falter, if we band together we can get through it together, but if a couple of people break the chain, the adventure genre is dead.

P.S.:LucasArts, if you are reading this, im as serious as i have ever been. if i see one of your boxes on the shelves i will not even look at it. i will tell people not to buy it.

Darkhelm
03-04-2004, 01:13 AM
...we can NOT let this treachery go unanswered.

Yes, it is a slap in the face of all SamnMax fans, and, because of the nature of their statement, of all adventure game fans out there. At the risk of sounding sappy, this is a treacherous act, indeed!

Darkhelm
03-04-2004, 01:30 AM
http://www.adventuregamers.com/display.php?id=331

Excellent article.

Udvarnoky
03-04-2004, 01:39 AM
That was definately a great article. Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to move on, and will always hope for Sam and Max 2 to come out. Sad, really.

Quackass
03-04-2004, 01:56 AM
I can't beleive this! its rediculous! obvioisly this Acting manager has no idea what was being developed, the origional game was a huge success, the collected S&M has been re printed 3 times as of 6 years ago (i bet its been reprinted sevral more times since then), the TV show was a huge success and was only cancelled because of the overly conservative wankers who complained about it and who were in the minority.

they are losing out on a goldmine, those idiots should be less concerned with following in the game industry in the hopes of increased proffits.
Lucasarts could potentially corner the adventure game niche market, but instead they are more interested rehashing starwars games for a quick buck.

personally i am going to write them with a letter rather than have my comments put into a electronic trash box.

Pork_Soda
03-04-2004, 02:22 AM
I am so outraged, I've decided to sign up and voice my opion. They cannot cancel this game if it is so far in development. There are tons of loyal fans out there ready to get their long awaited Sam & Max fix, and just as we're ready to recieve, they pull the plug on it!

I have been waiting for this game forever, and my heart sank when I read that it had been cancelled! This better be some sick joke Lucas Arts is pulling or I will never trust any of their products again. This game was going to be history! They can't do this to us!

Like AndrewL said, give us something! Throw us a bone, give us what you had got done so far so we can atleast enjoy the hard work you had already put in to it, or maybe give up the license to a company who actually cares about the loyal fans. They'll be laughing all the way to the bank, too, because this game would have sold big. It's was going to be the best adventure game to come out in a long time.

Lucas Arts, you made a mistake... there is no words for how angry, confused, and betrayed I feel, you can't build up your fans this much just to burst our bubble...

PS:
What's the E-mail adress to send outraged, yet civil complaints to Lucas Arts?

shadogrrrl
03-04-2004, 03:05 AM
Very, very sad that this had to happen. I have signed the petition and encourage everyone to do so. Miraculous things happen with those things. Thanks for giving us the chance to vent.

Skinkie
03-04-2004, 03:12 AM
They feel now is not the appropriate time to release a graphic adventure on the pc? Have they heard of Broken Sword?, Runaway?, The Longest Journey? and there are so many more already being made into sequels, adventures are trying to make a comback and Lucasarts needs to look around and see that "Hey we're sitting on George Lucas's pocketbook we can take a few chances." Bah, I'm pissed.

Viz79
03-04-2004, 03:35 AM
I can't believe they did this - this was one of my most antipated titles and it is LucasArts crowning games - Sam & Max was one of the top adventure games of all times and always connected to LucasArts glory years. Even with the popularity of adventure games being at an all time low, this would have sold in droves simply because it was 'Sam & Max'. Apparently production was far in too adn they still axed all that hard work and all our anticipation all in one go. I even got a copy of the hard to get 'Sam & Max Collected' graphic novel full of all their comics to get into the mood for the game as well as playing some of the original game. What superb comedy.

We have been waiting TEN years for Sam & Max and this is our news.

Nope, never going to buy another LucasArts title again - it all died pretty much after after Grim Fandango it seems, their last shot of excellence (which still made a good profit even though it was after the genre had deteriorated and was MUCH less marketable than Sam & Max).

All I can think is:

Sam: Lets leave this Lucasarts criminal cesspool pronto.
Max: Ooh can I drive?
Sam: Only if you don't mind me clawing at the dash and shrieking like a cheerleader.
Max: Sam, is pronto a real word?

Queue Sam & Max driving away from LucasArts forever and with it most of their fans (most likely bound and gagged in the boot by Max but we are happy to go with them).

Skinkie
03-04-2004, 03:59 AM
First off the e-mail address to send your letters to is as follows

pr@lucasarts.com

Secondly lets all just look around and see how many new people have been pulled out of the cracks in the hours since Sam and Max's cancellation. These boards aren't exactly hoping and popular regularly, but the fact that people have all a sudden sprung up to join together in protest here ought to be saying something. At least it would be if the big guys were listening.

JBlink
03-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Lame gay suckfest. Im not angry as much as I am sad. Your killing us Lucas, your killing us. We have lost all hope, all motivation. I want to cry, but Im too old for that. I hate you. Hate you so much. Next thing you know, you'll take away our message board. And thats not a joke. We are in serious danger of getting deleted. We are evidence that they made a mistake. We have to watch ourselves.

samandmaxfiend
03-04-2004, 04:34 AM
i told u guys i ****in told u...as soon as they axed full throttle i was worried...this is 1 of the biggest disappointments ever..in a long line of them..comic strip axed no new comic..sam @ max 2 cancelled..then revived then cancelled again..im goin away to cry now

sheaday6
03-04-2004, 04:42 AM
Lets see how long these stupid douches can ride thier already exhausted Star Wars franchise. Its a shame they can't see me flipping them off, because i'm doing it as hard as I can.

Jake
03-04-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Viz79 Even with the popularity of adventure games being at an all time low, this would have sold in droves simply because it was 'Sam & Max'.

I think the lowest popularity of adventures was more like 1998-2000. The Longest Journey, Syberia, Broken Sword 3 have all made decent marks on the face of gaming in the last few years. Definitely not groundbreaking, but not unpopular or uninspired.

Cyan20us
03-04-2004, 05:00 AM
I have very mad and sad about this, and I know it may sound harsh but it what i truely feel like. Just thought to post to show you guys what my email said and what a fellow sam and max fan felt about this....

To Whom It May Concern:

I know that most likely you don’t care whom I am or what I have to say about the Sam and Max game being cancelled, but I felt that in this case I had to voice my anger on this subject. I am an avid Sam and Max fan; I loved the original game and was looking forward to the sequel but I was very angry and confused about the cancellation of this upcoming game. In my mind it doesn’t make much sense, but I am sure you have your reasons. I know that no matter how much the fans, the people who keeps LucasArts alive and profitable, complain about this outrage, still won’t bring this game back into production. So, I am going to respond in the only way I can. I will not buy your games or even recommend them to people I know ever again. I hope that this email and the similar actions of avid gamers like me will most likely be taking, will let you know what kind of blow you dealt today on your fan base.

Sincerely

woxel1
03-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Man, I'm so angry. I'm so angry I won't even post the letter I sent to Lucas Arts "PR", but I will say that I am angry enough that I would register to post my anger in this forum. I am also in the process of writing with some other people what I believe to be the first Sam and Max Protest song. More details as the story breaks into a billion pieces.

¡¡¡SAM AND MAX FOR-EVER!!!

:sbdance
Umm...

DarkPhobia
03-04-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm just voicing a dream here, but:

what if it's all a joke? or a test to see what reaction there would be if they actually canned the game? i mean, sean clark is a joker, and it's weird that he hasn't said anything about the game yet, when he rapidly answered about the 3d engine questions raised by the samnmax2 pictures, maybe he's just ****ing with our brains...

as i said, it's just a wish, or a dream... but...

Bob McDob
03-04-2004, 05:13 AM
This doesn't come as a total surprise, but I'm still in shock about it.

DaleCooper
03-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Your killing us Lucas, your killing us. We have lost all hope, all motivation. I want to cry, but Im too old for that. I hate you. Hate you so much.

Yeah. I think the Lucasarts we all know and love is dead. For the last few years, it seems like they stopped caring about their glory days, and about doing anything to set themselves apart from other game publishers. Now they've made it official. Lucasarts used to release interesting, highly polished, original games. Games (like Sam and Max Hit the Road) that were so great there are still websites dedicated to them after ten years without a sequel. This entire website is basically dedicated to the non-Star Wars Lucasarts games. And with one announcement LA has alienated us all.

I was really looking forward to Sam and Max 2. More than any other upcoming game. I'm really sad and angry and disappointed. :indif:

SyntheticGerbil
03-04-2004, 05:30 AM
This is sort of pathetic and disheartening at the same time. I mean... it's just a game, but here I am, back to these disgusting forums.

So yeah, I find it odd that they would burn so many dollar bills on voice acting and a new system that was supposively destined to be displayed for the public months from now. (Supposively.)

And nost of the time there is satisfaction when something I like is buried in time to be forgotten by those lacking in style, but not in this case. Mostly not. Maybe it's just the association with George Lucas. Star Wars and the accompanied film company has always been lame as all hell to me and it's a wonder that a sectioned-off game company came up with so many gems in the obvious cesspool in the first place. It only takes countless remasters and newly discovered Disney songs in the Disney vaults to finally allow people to realize what kind of retarded growth was in the industry in the first place. Games, movies, entertainment and whatnot. It's all linked.

Entertainment is bad. F*** your president. Whatever.

sheaday6
03-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Did someone close the blinds, cause it just got a hell of alot darker in here.

Jester
03-04-2004, 05:42 AM
I think this qualifies as a dark day.

samandmaxfiend
03-04-2004, 06:07 AM
keep e-mailing those bastards at lucasarts..thats our only hope..that they get a huge reaction in the next 2 days..after that all hope is lost...man that is so weak by lucasarts to let those guys slave over that game for nearly 2 years..and a few months b4 its released they cancel it...

BlueRockman
03-04-2004, 07:00 AM
I too, have registered for the mere sake of mourning the loss of Sam and Max, and I too, have e-mailed LucasArts to show them my disappointment in their decision to axe it.

in closing, I too, will boycott LucasArts until I see Sam and Max's glorious return.

Bob McDob
03-04-2004, 07:29 AM
There is a slim chance of hope here, isn't it? Since Purcell owns the rights to S&M, couldn't he shop around to find someone willing to publish it?

I remember this sort of thing has happened before, and it's not totally unheard of. Though maybe not for a big-name title like Freelance Police.

Krazy
03-04-2004, 10:09 AM
NOOO! The ONLY game I was looking foward to!

JanB
03-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Was reading the forum for quite some time, now that they cancelled the game I felt like stepping out of the shadow and email them / post on the forum.
I don't get how the can pull back a product that's almost finished. Are they afraid they don't get ROI for CD and carton-costs?
I'm not only disappionted about the game also that probably very well paid management is not watching what they are doing. Loosing fans and dissapointing them will damage the company image.. that's what the statisic says.. a satisfied customers tells that he's lucky max. 2 persons, unsatisfied ones (as we are now) spread the word to about 9 persons (average) - I try to make it 90!
http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html

Jan

LeChuckeeeeeeee
03-04-2004, 11:14 AM
LucasArts are dead to me... there is only so much you can **** about the fans. I'm not rpetending that the Star Wars games are gonna fail (We all know they won't). I just hope it is those anally retentive suits who moved in on LucasArts and not the people it used to be. F u c k you LucasArts

Lindset
03-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Okay, so Steve Purcell owns the Sam & Max license. But does he own the material created while he was still being funded by LucasArts? If he does, I really hope he approaches another publisher.

LucasArts have gone from being bold, daring and genuine to being scared, uninventive and just plain stupid. They're a mockery of what they once used to be

I will never purchase a LucasArts game again if Sam & Max 2 stays cancelled. And I will push this idea on everyone I know, and the whole damn internet (well, at least the places I frequent)

I'm sad right now... so sad...

Linkitys
03-04-2004, 12:49 PM
One person more to register just to express my discontent of this decision. I even e-mailed lucasarts, a thing I've never bothered to do before. That is how strong I feel for this game.

edlib
03-04-2004, 12:54 PM
WTF?!?? How could ANY company be so stupid?!?

Every gamer I know was looking forward to this game based on the strength of the trailer, including non-Sam & Max fans, non-LucasArts fans, and non-adventure game fans alike. This game would have sold BIG with a little marketing effort just because it looked so funny and word of mouth. Not as big as yet another craptastic Star Wars-themed title (and I'm a SW fan) that the world doesn't need, but big for a game of this genre. I can't believe that a game so far along would have been scrapped because of fear of not selling when the company has been releasing underperforming crap for a couple of years now. Release it, take a freakin' chance and let the public decide! Episode 3 and all it's attendent throwaway spin off titles are right around the corner, so it's not like the company is going to fold in the next couple of months if this title didn't sell a zillion copies. Let Lucasarts become known as being the QUALITY game comapny again!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... ****ing corporate idiots!

:mad:

ciantic
03-04-2004, 01:48 PM
It was cancelled cause new lucasarts economymanager or something. This is quiet stupid thing, yet headmanager was excited about this project and now they have some idiot doing these decisions.

Someone SHOULD make public address to Lucasarts.

So someone thoughts that we need few idiot FirstPersonShooters more! No thanks.

Menrix
03-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm so disappointed, they've just killed their fans.

:atat: = :band:

Sam&Max4ever
03-04-2004, 02:21 PM
How can this be :´( I feel like a kid thats just been robed his lollypop, I will join the rest of you boycotters, no more LucasArts, I see this as their death blow, I don´t think they know how many people, loves Sam & Max, i hope they will get a mail storm, i cant describe how sad i really am.

Star Wars aint fun, its only about money.

CrazyDavy
03-04-2004, 03:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOoooOOOOOO! If money is the issue then what if I promise to buy two copies?! three copies!

Viz79
03-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Taken from one of the short Star Wars Sam & Max comic strips:

*Sam & Max run into some Imperial troopers*

Sam: Uhoh I think they're onto us
Max: Somebody must have noticed the mile long trail of smouldering stormtrooper refuse in our wake
Sam: Maybe we should have tidied up after ourselves

Sam (pointing to a refuge duct): Max duck in here!
Max: I don't see any duck
Sam: It smells like some kind of high tech waste material compactor - they'll never think were so incredibly stupid to hide in here
Max: That's right nobody's that stupid.

---
Sam & Max 1, Star Wars 0, LucasArts *RIP*

Clap clap, well done for cancelling one of the most loved video games series ever. The above dialogue says it all.

Sam&Max4ever
03-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Viz, Right on mate, couldnt have said it better.

Sirrus
03-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Send your love to Randy Breen, rbreen@lucasarts.com, the Vice President of Development, or Michael Nelson, mnelson@lucasarts.com, the company's acting President.

I know I did.

Skinkie
03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Keep up the letter campaign, I'm still disillutioned enough to belive that perhaps if we send them enough mail within these next couple of days they'll say "Gee how about we don't throw these last two years worth of money and work down the drain, and try to make a profit."

Also everyone head on over to Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/) . They have a poll about whether or not your sad that the game has been cancelled, it's down the left side, you don't have to join or sign up or anything, just vote for our favorite duo. Let the voices be heard.

YTtheMighty
03-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Everyone "sign" the petition, i don't know if it will do any good or not but it'll help LucasArts geet some idea of a fan base, which may or may not help the situation. And while u are there read the post Tim Schafer put up and heed his words, atleast the part about psychonaughts...

AlphaMole
03-04-2004, 05:20 PM
what? no savesamandmax.com yet?
I dont have the resources to put up such a page, but I support any who do.

also - any spiffy save sam and max fliers out there yet?

Brushguy
03-04-2004, 05:25 PM
I am mad and I have been mad for 4 1/2 straight hours (since I found out). I refuse to buy any more of Lucasarts' stinkin' Star Wars tie-ins, because from here on out, that's all they're going to make. A bunch of pointless junk nobody except insane mindless gamers will buy.

There are not enough emoticons to describe how mad I am.

:samandmaxcancel

This emoticon will be a red face with eyes bulging out and drool coming out of it's open mouth with several teeth missing.

This is sad. This is definitely the end of the Lucas Adventure Era until those "sales managers" running the marketing machine wake up and smell the coffee.

The chances of another adventure game from them is less than zero. Even if they announce a Monkey Island 5 or Grim 2, they're going to destroy us again two months before release and pull the plug AGAIN.

It wouldn't shock me if the people running Lucasarts right now are a bunch of retards with one computer locked up in a tiny padded cell.

By the way, check out my cartoon I drew describing what's going on...

http://www.freewebs.com/lucaskeen/endsammax.gif

I'm going to send this cartoon to Steve Purcell while I'm at it.

I'm still in shock about how much can happen in two days...

SyntheticGerbil
03-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Please don't send that to anyone, Elliot. Remove it from the board too.

alsnow
03-04-2004, 06:51 PM
This is utter crap that thay cancelled it and i also setn 2 emails to lucas arts and got all my friends and family to sign the petiton.

Also dont know if its him or not but Tim Schafer has signed it and said

Let it go. Sam and Max 2 was going to be ass. Go find another game to be fanboys of, like Psychonauts!

Although i love his games this is a realy stupid thing to say and if you want to look at his reply his nuber is 1081

toenail1
03-04-2004, 08:01 PM
everybody, make sure you read my last post. DO NOT BUY ANYMORE OF THEIR GAMES!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OF THEIR GAMES!!! DO NOT LOOK AT THEIR GAMES!!! TELL EVERYONE THEIR GAMES SUCK!!! HIDE THEIR GAMES BEHIND OTHERS ON THE RACKS AT THE STORE!!! DO ANYTHING TO SHOW THEM WE WONT PUT UP WITH THIS S*&T!!! SIGN ANY PETITON OR DO ANY VOTE YOU SEE!!!

stand togther, be strong, show them we're out there, and that there's a lot of us. i believe we still have a miniscule chance of getting OUR game back. if we don't ill do everything to bring them down with me.

PS: if you send an email, make sure it uses proper grammar and spelling, it'll be more effective than a letter that looks like a monkey wrote it

Udvarnoky
03-04-2004, 09:05 PM
People are already slowly beginning to let this go. I can't. And since LucasArts likely won't bring this game back, I'll be disappointed forever. I love life.

Bob McDob
03-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Sirrus
Send your love to Randy Breen, rbreen@lucasarts.com, the Vice President of Development, or Michael Nelson, mnelson@lucasarts.com, the company's acting President.

I know I did.

I'd really rather send them a nice printed letter, since that won't get thrown out without a second thought,

Does anyone know who I should send it to?

Steve McGoiter
03-04-2004, 09:29 PM
This sucks. Reading all the old interviews really makes me sad, I mean they were almost near completion of the game. I really hope they bring it back, we gotta change their minds! We can sign more than once on that petition, just use a different name and everything, it can work!

Jester
03-04-2004, 09:56 PM
It's been suggested that all letters and thoughts be sent to pr@lucasarts.com

I think this would be much more effective and appropriate than a petition form.

Brushguy
03-04-2004, 10:16 PM
I though it over. I decided not to send my drawing to Steve Purcell. Sorry if anyone was insulted by it. But I did it when I was at the peak of anger, okay?!?!?

But I did sign the petition (at this point 2082 signatures) and sent an e-mail to Lucasarts.

Nine hours now, still hopping mad. I, also, am going to boycott Lucasarts, because all that's going to come out of their stinkin' corporate mouths is Star Wars this. Star Wars that.

I do believe if you pester somebody long enough they'll succumb to doing whatever it is. After all, samandmax.net came back... :p

Udvarnoky
03-04-2004, 11:02 PM
I didn't get to see the comic. Was it that bad?

lagamorph321
03-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey all,
After reading all these posts, I have to agree that this is a total bummer. I've written an email today (and yesterday) to express my disappointment - pr@lucasarts.com. Hopefully, something will be done, but I'm not optimistic. I guess boycotting Lucasarts games is a losing cause, but what the heck. It's been all downhill for a while there anyways.

dcroeser
03-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Well I've done my bit by signing the petition and e-mailing the PR guys. Not sure how much good it will do but at least LucasArts will know that there are still people out there who care about adventure games.

Oh and I think Tim Shafer's comment (if it was him) was a joke. He is always looking for ways to promote Psychonauts.

Lindset
03-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by dcroeser
Well I've done my bit by signing the petition and e-mailing the PR guys. Not sure how much good it will do but at least LucasArts will know that there are still people out there who care about adventure games.

Oh and I think Tim Shafer's comment (if it was him) was a joke. He is always looking for ways to promote Psychonauts.

It wasn't him.. Got that one clarified over at the adventuregamers forum

Imran
03-05-2004, 12:57 AM
there's another petition here

http://www.petitiononline.com/samnmax2/petition.html

Imran
03-05-2004, 01:06 AM
I've been a diehard fan of these games for years, the game leaves me in stiches everytime I play it. Lucasarts...Poo Poo On you.

SyntheticGerbil
03-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Hey I think we need to start many more new petitions. I think we should sign about eight times under nineteen different screennames on each one and make sure to add smilies that concern our current feelings.

Electronic feelings don't convey well, trust me.

Imran
03-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Not only should we be dedicated, but organized as well. It's very important that we band together under the same flag.

elTee
03-05-2004, 02:27 AM
At the moment I just feel used. Sure, there are a load more Star Wars fans than Sam and Max, and Monkey Island fans, but where would LucasArts be without us? For a decade their output was 95% original and 5% Star Wars, and they couldn't have done that if we weren't buying the games. Now they've come to the point where they don't need us, and look whats happened.

samandmaxfiend
03-05-2004, 02:28 AM
some1 needs to start a www.savesamandmax.com and have all the information on 1 page

Pork_Soda
03-05-2004, 02:30 AM
I've done everthing in my power to give Lucas Arts a peice of my mind.
I've told everyone I could on the net. (Forums, etc.)
I've e-mailed PR (and I'm going to do it again.), and the two head people.
I've signed petitions.
and I am never buying anything Lucas Arts again until that mess of a company is sorted.

I am still bewildered by this decision, and I get the feeling that Lucas Arts isn't telling us the whole story, there's just got to be more to it, because I know for sure they aren't running out of cash... *cough* Star Wars *cough*.

Udvarnoky
03-05-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by samandmaxfiend
some1 needs to start a www.savesamandmax.com and have all the information on 1 page

What about Mixnmojo, or more specifically, samandmax.net? What's wrong with them?

samandmaxfiend
03-05-2004, 02:54 AM
samandmax.net guys can you post this...on the front page

Saving Sam & Max 2

e-mail lucasarts and tell them what you think about the cancellation
pr@lucasarts.com

sign the petition

write a letter

LucasArts
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA 94912

vote here at the gamespot poll

http://www.gamespot.com/

do everything you can to let lucasarts that there is a market for a sam & max 2

Skinkie
03-05-2004, 02:57 AM
They were optimistic.

Jem
03-05-2004, 06:26 AM
LucasArts had a strong impact in my childhood fun. Their games where so great I would wish that when I grew up, I would work for LucasArts, making great adventure games. The same games that made me smile, laugh and learn witty comments that I will never forget.

Now, they can all rot in hell for all I care. Rot along with your Star Wars franchise. I'm not a fan anymore. You disgust me.

Grandpa Bob
03-05-2004, 06:42 AM
My hopes and dreams have all just been crushed and shattered. I stand now upon the brink of destruction pushing the "you suck" button on my downloaded Sam & Max Soundboard, over and over and over again. That's right Max tell Lucasarts how i feel about this. click*

I am sooo at the petition already.

Krash Kow
03-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by lagamorph321
Hey all,
I wrote steve purcell (stevepurcell@hotmail.com) to give him a little encouragement and wrote lucasart to ask WTF? Anyone else interested in starting a campaign?

I'm writting them as well. urthermore, I live but a couple hour's drive from their offices in San Rafael (I'm in Santa Cruz). Anybody in the greater bay area want to picket? I'm serious. PM and e-mail me.

Also, send them letters via snail-mail. These are given more weight than e-mails.

Here's one address. If anyone knows a better one post it.

LucasArts
Attention: Product Support
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA 94912

aleny2k
03-05-2004, 07:45 AM
I registered on this forum just now all just to talk about this topic.

First, I'm very very very very very (very x infinity) disappointed in Lucasarts decision. When I first heard about Full Throttle 2 cancelled, it has already hurt my soul in an incredible magnitude since I'm very much in graphic adventure. And at that time, I actually have felt that something bad is going to happen to Sam and Max 2 as well. I did not expect it will come to this...

Guys, I have to admit it's pointless to make a petition. I remembered when I first heard about the possibility of a Grim Fandango 2 production (my best graphic adventure of all times), none of you can guess how much petition I posted and begged my friends to do so. And then what turns up? No no no, not Grim Fandango 2, but GRIM news. Tim Scaffer left Lucasarts.

And now this... Sigh... There's so much pain in my heart now though it's only about 12 minutes that I heard about the cancellation. I HAVE LOSE ALL FAITH IN LUCASARTS..... Those people at Lucasarts, if they dont plan to make the game, why bother announce it in the first place!!! Only breaks more heart. But, I bet there are people at Lucasarts who are just as helpless as we are (those who have been working hard on the game and the team behind Full Throttle 2).

If only Goerge Lucas is a big fan of graphic adventure games. Maybe he can command those people at Lucasarts to continue the production of S&M 2. And now, it really doesnt matter anymore what graphic adventure games I'm getting, as long as there is one....just one is enough.... I dont care whether it is a FT2 or S&M2 or whatever new titles. At least give us one game. But... stupid Lucasarts!!!

samandmaxfiend
03-05-2004, 08:41 AM
guys the petitions and e-mails may be futile..but dont let lucasarts off..dont go down without a fight..do it for sam & max..for steve purcell..and mike stemmle.. the development team..and all the work theyve put in over 2 years developing this game.. if we can atleast show lucasarts people are out there that want this game completed we are half a chance..but if people give up..and dont try then we are no chance

Krash Kow
03-05-2004, 08:46 AM
guys the petitions and e-mails may be futile..but dont let lucasarts off..dont go down without a fight..do it for sam & max..for steve purcell..and mike stemmle.. the development team..and all the work theyve put in over 2 years developing this game.. if we can atleast show lucasarts people are out there that want this game completed we are half a chance..but if people give up..and dont try then we are no chance And thus I reiterate, Bay Area Sam and Max fans need to picket Lucasarts and ALL Sam& Max fans need to send letters...Real lettters on paper.

jade wizard
03-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Dahhh, It hurts. What torture. Driving on like this for so long. Month after month of scravenging for information. They reassured us it was going to be great. They came this far. Victory was in there reach, which brings me to the point , WHY?????
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE SUCH A STUPID DECISION? YOU WERE SO CLOSE LUCAS ARTS, BUT INSTEAD YOU YOU TERNED THE TIDES AND RIPPED THE WORN TATTERED, BATTERED, BRUISED, KICKED, CRUCHED AND REPEDETIVE EXPOSURE TO YOUR LIES, FALSE HOPES AND WORST OF ALL, RELEASE DAY ESTIMATES, THERE THE WORST, IT'S LIKE A 8 YEAR OLD BOY COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TO THERE BIRTHDAY, AND THEN YOU RIPPED THE FAITH WE HAD LEFT IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigh, I suppose old dogs only forget old tricks. Lucas arts , It's not all about the money, there is more, so much more. I hope you haven't forgot that.

And so begins the end, my friends, 10yrs from now starwars will be dried out and you will be on your last legs, and the world turns away from you and remembers that not so long ago you had a chance to be something great, it could have all started with a rabbit and a dog..... Adios , it's all over...

Brushguy
03-05-2004, 12:30 PM
I didn't get to see the comic. Was it that bad?

All it was was Sam and Max in one of the head-chopping off mechanisms where the blade comes down. The blade has "STAR WARS" written on it and Lucasarts's Gold Guy is pulling the rope.

"Looks like the end of the line, Sam. I may scream like a grandmother." -Max

"Me too Max. There's just no sense in the heads of doomed monomaniacs." -Sam

"In place of our game will probably be another Star Wars tie-in." -Max

"I hate Star Wars flavored games." -Sam

-----------------

The link is still somewhere in the middle of Page 2 of this comic.

I sent the comic to Lucasarts to slap them in the face. Are you guys sure petitions are futile? It's already past 3300 some odd signatures. How many signatures are they aiming for anyway?

Keep e-mailing Lucasarts. Keep insulting them. They'll cave in soon enough or do something.

I sent two already, and I'm going away right now to send more.

pheeph
03-05-2004, 01:08 PM
oh man, this sucks. I'm definitely turning my back on any more LucasArts games unless they brought Sam and Max back (which I definitely doubt).

Brushguy
03-05-2004, 01:40 PM
pr@lucasarts.com
(send 20 e-mails here)

rbreen@lucasarts.com
(send 10 e-mails here)

mnelson@lucasarts.com
(send 50 e-mails here and lots and lots of spam)

(sign this)

http://www.petitiononline.com/samnmax2/petition.html
(also sign this)

Somebody earlier in this forum mentioned living near Lucasart's location. That person should get all his friends together, drive to Lucasarts, and stand outside chanting "SAM AND MAX! SAM AND MAX!" while playing the game theme song and the TV theme song on a loud boom box. "SAM AND MAX! FREELANCE POLICE!"

Dude, I am still SO mad...

aleny2k
03-05-2004, 02:57 PM
I really am also still mad, but I think all this is kinda pointless. I've seen this kind of things so many times before (Full Throttle 2 and Grim Fandango 2) and none of it works. But, still good efforts. Keep trying. Maybe Lucasarts will really give in (and I really do hope so...)

Cerno
03-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Just registered to post this here. Only for the sake of completeness, my letter to LucasArts.

Probably too long for them to read anyway and not quite the wording I wanted to use but anyway, here it is, titled "Sam and Max 2 - A Funeral Eulogy":

Dear Sir or Madam

There are times when great things happen. When creative
minds join to make something great. With a certain talent
they are able to touch people and to create something that
stays in their hearts and minds for a long time.

The company formerly known as Lucasfilm Games had the power
of creation. The people involved were able to make universes
that are still known today. Even through their name change
to LucasArts they kept on doing what they were good at:
Creating worlds. Worlds of fun. Worlds of awe. Worlds of
laughter. Worlds of epic tales.

Ever since I played my first real computer game "Monkey
Island" I was in love with adventure games. I quickly found
out that from all companies, LucasArts had the talent to
make adventure games differently. I never liked Sierra games
much, although I was a big fan of the genre. They never got
the hang of it.

And now thinking back to all these years, a smile crosses my
face when I remember the names: Monkey Island, Loom, Maniac
Mansion, Monkey Island: LeChuck's Revenge, Indiana Jones and
the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis,
Maniac Mansion: The Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max: Hit the
Road, Full Throttle, The Dig, The Curse of Monkey Island,
Grim Fandango.

These are more than game titles. These are words that can
strike up a conversation immediately among gaming
enthusiasts. And why? Because they were more than mere
games. They were game universes. And the gamers loved them
for their creativity and for their fun.

Now let us take a big step to today. Adventure games have
been "dead" for some decades now. But they are reviving. The
revival started a few years ago and is in full force now. In
your press release you stated that it is a bad time for
adventure games. But let me ask you the question many people
around the world have been asking you since you abandoned
Sam & Max 2: "When is a good time for adventure games?" With
all the upcoming titles - promising titles - gamers aquire a
new taste for the genre. And many many gamers will remember
the time when you were the king of this genre. There is no
real competition to a game like S&M2. You have the name of
the game, you have the name of the company, you have the
press in your favor already, you have many fans who are
excited (and very very sad at the moment), you have an
almost finished game. What could possibly go wrong?

All the adventure gaming community asks of you is to give
this game the shot it deserves. And not only the game, the
whole genre as well. If it flops, you might as well quit
adventure games altogether, no Day of the Tentacle 2, no
Monkey Island 5. You probably won't be able to market these
games anyway because you made many enemies in the adventure
gaming community during the last hours.

Well, and with the upcoming Star Wars Episode 3 movie there
should be no big money problems in the near future. Speaking
of future: Have you even considered how the future may look
for LucasArts? Think ahead a few years: I doubt there will
be any Star Wars movies to milk. So what is your company
based on then? From what I read, all non-Star Wars titles
you recently got out pretty much flopped. So how do you plan
on keeping the company alive after the Star Wars hype - and
the money that goes with it - is gone?

You are standing before a more important decision than you
might think right now. You have lost many of your fans of
the old days (as you can read all over the internet). They
won't be there for you when all the Star Wars fans have
left. But it doesn't take much to turn their favor. As one
person on a fan board wrote "One adventure game every 3
years, is that too much to ask?" Really, is it? To make your
hardcore fans happy? To get them to buy one of your other
games even if it's just so-so?

Well, I realize that this mail has become far longer than I
intended. I would doubt that you read this far. If you have
though, maybe not all is lost. Still, there are some things
I wanted to say, but don't plan on making this text longer
than it already is.

I'd just like to saying thank you for being one of the
pioneers in computer gaming. Thank you for creating worlds
everyone likes to remember, and thank you for shaping my
childhood.

Like many people have written, this might as well be my
departure from
LucasArts. If you fail to support your fans with even so
little as finishing a game that's so far in the production.
If you dare telling the gaming community that the adventure
genre in its entirety is dead while quite the opposite is
all around. If you turn away from your roots which your fans
cherish you for just like this. Then I have to say you are
not the company you once were. Then this is my sad goodbye.

Thank you for your time.
Janbiel
Germany

YTtheMighty
03-05-2004, 04:07 PM
I know how we can get Sam and Max Back!!!

All we need is somone willing to off themselves for the greater good. If somone was to, say, commit suicide over this incident, and mention that the reason for commiting suicide was because of the cancellation of Sam and Max: Freelance Police. Then LucasArts might have a lawsuit on it's hands, and the parents or family of said victum/martyr would settle with the completion and release of the game insted of $10million. What do you think? Any volentiers????

James Isaac
03-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Lets lie and say that COJ commited suicide because he came to the future and saw that S&M2 was cancelled.

Brushguy
03-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Wow, that petition is almost at 4000 signatures. Will THAT convince Lucasarts?

About that idea....Lucasarts would only come out with a "we have nothing to do with this incident" statement, like they did when Infinite Machine went bankrupt.

I don't usually write letters, but a written letter is worth more than another e-mail that says "You freaks" all over it.

Here's my letter:

--------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

I have recently discovered that Sam and Max: Freelance Police has been cancelled. I would like to say that I have been a big fan of yours until now.

I have played and beaten every last one of your adventure games, and I loved every one of them, but I fear that there will be no more to play if you keep this act up. Please tell me: what is the point of hyping the entire world up (including every Sam and Max fan, several large internet communities, and the press) if you cancel the games in the end?

Sam and Max: Freelance Police was going to be one of your crowning achievements. A sign that "Lucasarts will not let the adventure genre die." But now that you've offed your two new games, which several people would have definitely bought, I've lost hope.

Even if you announce production on a Monkey Island 5 or Grim Fandango 2, that will probably cancel too, a week before its due date.

All that I am saying is: you are losing fans by the thousands as I speak. All you will have left is Star Wars after the hardcore adventure fans leave, but then after Episode 3 is over, you will disappear, because all your creativity and bravery has drained out. You used to blaze new trails through the world of computer game entertainment, now you seem to be stuck in one spot, afraid to move on.

If you are afraid everything non-Star Wars does not sell, think about this from a new direction: "Are Sam and Max really less accessible than RTX Red Rock? Wrath Unleashed?" I don't think so.

Consider what would happen if you brought Sam and Max 2 back. Think of how many fans would come rushing back to you, kissing your feet. The angry mail would stop. Think of the sales that Sam and Max 2 would rake in. The press is hyped up over this game, people are literally foaming at the mouth for this game. All it takes is one simple sentence: "We didn't mean it."

I mourn for your company, and until you change this grave decision, I fear you are in worse trouble than you thought.

SyntheticGerbil
03-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Drama queens.

"...it has already hurt my soul in an incredible magnitude since I'm very much in graphic adventure."

snicker.

Brushguy
03-05-2004, 07:18 PM
My theory is that at this moment, Sam and Max Freelance Police is a complete game.

Consider it: wouldn't Lucasarts leave two months to prepare to release the game? March 2nd could possibly happen to have been the day they took it to Mike Nelson, currently the world's best friend, when he said, "Are you nuts? This will never sell."

If you think this is a stupid theory, please don't laugh me out of the forums (especially you SyntheticGerbil, since you apparently like to pick on inferiors) .

By the way, the petition hit 4000 signatures in 2 1/2 days!

toenail1
03-05-2004, 08:05 PM
hmmm, that really wasnt a eulogy, a eulogy is speaking good of somebody (doesnt have to be when their dead), that was more of a "lucasarts you suck you SOBS" kind of speech

It's very important that we band together under the same flag.
exactly what ive been saying, reply back if you want to join the movement, we can make our sigs the same, and use a common avatar, plus we can raise all sorts of hell (in a non-destructive, ghandi like way)

plus great idea to picket, to bad i live on the wrong side of the country :(

everybody stand tall, be proud, we can beat those b*@$*@ds

IF NOT WE WILL TAKE THEM DOWN WITH US

Udvarnoky
03-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, the comic is a broken image, so...

Pork_Soda
03-05-2004, 08:26 PM
I would gladly join undernieth that flag!

Another reason why I am pissed is because I love Sam & Max and not just the game. Since Sam & Max collectables are so hard to get your hands on (here, atleast), I was hoping that once the game was released that there would be a big demand for that (T-Shirts, Toys, more comics, etc.). That stuff would have made me really happy.

I would also like to say that, if this isn't a time for the Sam & Max game, then let's hope that the time will come sometime later, maybe when lucas arts sees the time is fit, they'll complete the game, and release it. (How 'bout it LA, let's say... september. ;) )

Until then, i'm not going down without a fight, and I am not going to even go near anything Star Wars ever!

Brushguy
03-05-2004, 08:49 PM
I will gladly join this movement, but what are we going to do first? I'm not afraid of Lucasarts if I can get away with a 6-part Monkey Island fangame 90% as good as CMI. I've done everything so far.

--------------

I've signed the petition 20 times (which now counts 4112 sigs).

I've e-mailed twice.

I've sent a written letter.

I've pledged to myself to hide all Star Wars / Lucasarts games behind the shelves at the supermarket.

Finally, I also pledged that if I lived in San Rafael, I would not be afraid to march inside the building and complain.

-------------

I've looked at Steve Purcell's comment on this disaster (news on samandmax.net and mixnmojo.com ). He was involved on this project, so if there was a definite reason for cancelling, he would know. Somebody should e-mail to Mike Stemmle, the director, because this might be an April Fool's joke. Stemmle's a big joker, and if this gem really was cancelled, they'd give a better reason than "underlying economic differences," or whatever they said.

Oh man, if it is a joke, I will go outside and dance in the street in my underwear, yelling with joy.

Skinkie
03-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah, it's a publicity stunt, I'm sure. <-SARCASM If you go to minmojo.com you can read what Steve Purcell himself has to say about it.

Cerno
03-05-2004, 10:49 PM
hmmm, that really wasnt a eulogy, a eulogy is speaking good of somebody (doesnt have to be when their dead), that was more of a "lucasarts you suck you SOBS" kind of speech

Well, as a non-native English speaker I had to look up the word I was searching for. I was looking for the word used to describe a speech at a funeral, because that was the general direction I wanted to take with the mail.

I wanted to express my feelings that with this decision LucasArts has died for many many fans and I wanted to talk about what made the company great when it was still alive. Just like in a real funeral eulogy (is this even the correct term?)

Towards the end though I kind of lost my train of thought and started rambling. Oh well, I don't think it came across as harsh as you put it. :/

samandmaxfiend
03-05-2004, 10:59 PM
steve purcell is extremely disappointed with the decision..he said the game was awesome..keep getting people to sign the petition..keep e-mailing them..do it for steve! we gotta have his back for all the joy and laughs hes given us...

and the guy who lives near lucasarts..just go and picket with your friends..even if its just you guys..lucasarts will kinda realise .. "hey this game actually meant something 2 people so that some1 has actually bothered to picket" ring the local news station n try 2 get em down there 2,... we just gotta keep sending them messages whatever way we can

toenail1
03-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Well, as a non-native English speaker

ah, i see

but i wanted it to be harsher, i was just saying that a eulogy would be JUST about sam and max, not lucasarts, but while you were going for it, you shouldve stuck it to those (hmmm whats a good word that wont get me banned...)

Pork_Soda
03-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Lucas Arts had better release another statement soon 'cause if they don't, it'll look even more gutless then they do now. They NEED to mention something else, instead of just ignoring us.

jade wizard
03-06-2004, 01:17 AM
I don't understand? Is it a money thing or something. What am I saying, of course it is. I used to be about the the games man, they were what really matered. Then the fans, I hope thy haven't forgotten us. Sigh, they just don't get the message, WE NEED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Sam&Max4ever
03-06-2004, 02:08 AM
I don´t think the lousy Star Wars game went so well, thats why they cancel all these games now, Armed and Dangerous didn´t go so well either, i actually think they ARE going bankrupt... And Sam & Max would be their saviour, they just don´t know it :(

I also wrote emails, signed petitions, don´t think it will help, but if we don´t rise up and yell we wont be heard, so keep yelling, and REALLY boycot future releases, unless S&M2 are released.

I pray for that it is an Aprils fool...

Alia
03-06-2004, 02:13 AM
It's March, and major companies don't joke about this kind of crap.

SyntheticGerbil
03-06-2004, 02:33 AM
DO YOU SEE WHY ONLINE GARBAGE PROTESTS DO NOT WORK?

BECAUSE STUPID BASTARD CHILDREN HAVE TENDENCIES TO DO THINGS LIKE, OH LET'S SAY... SIGN THE PETITION TWENTY TIMES!

Udvarnoky
03-06-2004, 02:56 AM
Now that's just silly. Who would think of doing something so dishonest?

toenail1
03-06-2004, 03:00 AM
TAKE THE PETITIONS AND THE "HATE" EMAIL SERIOUSLY!! SIGN YOUR REAL NAME AND ONLY DO IT ONCE!! USE PROPER GRAMMAR AND SPELLING!! IF SOME PEOPLE DO THE OPPOSITE, THEY'LL THINK WE'RE ALL BOCES AND THEY WON'T TAKE US SERIOUSLY

Skinkie
03-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Boces? You mean ponces perhaps?

braindead200
03-06-2004, 05:08 AM
:mad: WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT how could they do this to us,why why,i am soooo p*ssed i could scream and shout,well im not gonna put up a squel to one of the most best defining classic games go to waste.we have to do somethin about it

im thinking of startin a sam and max 2 vs lucasarts campaingn if anybody wants to join me e-mail me and we'll do a meeting of what we can do,whos gonna stand up and fight???? if we do this we shall be the heroes of the squel to sam and max and lucas arts.if lucas arts dont go back in production with the game i will hate them FOREVER.im even hoping of a day of the tencle squel,if they decide to do that and then cancell it i will be super pissed.

anyway this is about sam and max anybody wanna join my campaign on what we can do to get the game back in production e-mail me and youll be a member

samandmaxfiend
03-06-2004, 05:17 AM
braindead u me and brushguy should be the beginning of the team

Bob McDob
03-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Alia
It's March, and major companies don't joke about this kind of crap.

I'm also pretty sure March is the end of the fiscal year where projects get evaluated.

Fred
03-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by braindead200
im thinking of startin a sam and max 2 vs lucasarts campaingn if anybody wants to join me e-mail me and we'll do a meeting of what we can do,whos gonna stand up and fight????
http://wwhs.fangames.co.uk/

Sam&Max4ever
03-06-2004, 09:52 AM
http://wwhs.fangames.co.uk/

The coolest Page ever, thanx for creating it :)

Just say no.... To LucasArts games.

Brushguy
03-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah, the comic is a broken image, so...

I removed the comics because I was sick and tired of SyntheticGerbil's constant insults towards them, and I paraphrase, "the word is they cancelled the game because of your comics." :mad: But I forgive you. :D

braindead u me and brushguy should be the beginning of the team

I will gladly lead this movement, but again, I ask, what are we going to do first?

And that petition is way over 5000 signs. How much are they aiming for, anyway?

SyntheticGerbil
03-06-2004, 03:26 PM
More than half a mil, I'm sure.

Ponce De Leon?

Anyways, let's all change this thread into a discussion about the music for the Kyrandia games. Find the MIDI's and rip the true music from the third one. Be in fantasy bliss.

See the theme that opens up in the first one pretty much covers up any faults you may find in the game. The music sets the setting best, on your set, go.

The music wasn't as spectacular in the second game, but I found it kind of suting most of the time. And it had better tunes than the first at certain parts.

Now the third game takes the cake and writes the F word on it in tacky green icing. See the game is kind of choppy in interface and figuring out. I absolutely hate the Isle of Cats and the music accompanied there. But other than that I found it a wonderful whimsical whopping wolly mammoth of a game. I hear dogs can eat wolly mammoth meat and not die because it was still frozen cryogenically like a super ice box from the past. The end part of Malcolm's Revenge was the most atmospheric I've ever seen. Now if only someone could tell me how to get all 911 points in that game. I don't think it's possible.

Skinkie
03-06-2004, 05:19 PM
I never played the third one, and got only mildly far into the first two? Am I missing out? Is my life incomplete?

Maybe this (http://www.cheatzone.com/display.asp?SeqNo=1436) can tell you how to get all the points. Maybe not.

Brushguy
03-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I am starting a site called "Save Sam and Max 2." It will provide links to the petitions, e-mail addresses, letter addresses, etc.

hi8is
03-06-2004, 07:15 PM
just heard the news today
this is the most ****ed up thing ive heard in the gaming comunity EVER... they cant do this... blah... ive sent a few emails to all adress... signed the petition once... sent the petition address to my friends.... its almost a 6,000 right now

SyntheticGerbil
03-06-2004, 08:45 PM
No that list doesn't help. I don't think it's possible to get all of the points. I think it's supposed to be a joke, because you get "MacGyver" points and "Entrepeneur" points or maybe even "Social Deviant" points.

Still I want all 911 of them!

dcroeser
03-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Thought you guys might find this interesting even though it was 2002. Its a poll on the LucasArts website. Note the leading genre...

http://www.lucasarts.com/share/webapps/instantpoll/instantpollresults?category=LEC1&pollId=32770

Live Undead
03-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I can't bare to visit that site anymore... its too upsetting... "which of the following LucasArts games will you be playing over the holidays?" Please. I feel sick inside :eek:

jade wizard
03-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey, I have a copy of the original Sam and max music, I'll let you rip that, if I cann email it to you.

samandmaxfiend
03-06-2004, 11:35 PM
hey brushguy if u need any help let me know..when that petition gets 2 10,000 u should print it off and send it to lucasarts

braindead200
03-07-2004, 12:04 AM
samandmaxfiens and brushguy welcome to the team i really appreciate it

braindead200
03-07-2004, 12:10 AM
brushguy is it possible if we can have our campaign at the save sam and max 2 site?

braindead200
03-07-2004, 12:34 AM
freddy,that is one hell of a website,i will say yes to a lucasarts again until they realese sam and max 2,freddy how would you like to join my campaign along with brushguy and samandmax fiend,i know your standing up and fighting im proud of that,but someone like you would be awesome to have on our team,so how bout it?

psbales
03-07-2004, 01:10 AM
Hey all,

Loooong time lurker, just registered today. I honestly don't think that it'll help any, but there's a LucasArts support forum over here:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.jspa?forumID=13&start=0

...where there is a small but growing thread about S&M2. The thread will most likely be deleted come Monday morning, but official LucasArts folks are bound to at least read some of it, or at a minimum, notice the activity on the board (the entire forum is close to dead). I'm still hoping beyond hope that with enough begging, whining, and most importantly, people promising to never purchase another LucasArts product again that they will take notice.

*sigh*

I really feel like that a close friend died...

Pork_Soda
03-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Braindead200, like I've alreayd said, I'll join this whatever you call it, I REALLY want Sam & Max back, and I'll do everything in my power to get it back.

Steve McGoiter
03-07-2004, 01:48 AM
2 Sam and Max petitions are in the top ten over at www.petitiononline.com and their in 2nd and 3rd place. Keep signing! Sign using different names as much as you want, this is definitely making an impact if these are in the top 10.
Lucas Arts has been working on this game for years, they got so far and then they just cancel it. Or "stop production" They can't just get rid of that stuff they worked so hard on. I still have some hope. But I agree that I wont buy another Lucas Arts game unless it's a new adventure game, most preferably Sam and Max 2. KEEP ON FIGHTING EVERYBODY!! don't give up, I know I wont.

Brushguy
03-07-2004, 01:52 AM
brushguy is it possible if we can have our campaign at the save sam and max 2 site?

Braindead200, like I've alreayd said, I'll join this whatever you call it, I REALLY want Sam & Max back, and I'll do everything in my power to get it back.

Sure, all things that will help bring Sam and Max 2 back will help my site. Any suggestions, ideas, e-mail addresses (besides the 3 we already have) or pictures (nothing offensive though) are welcome. I was going to do the site today, but I was busy with other stuff. I promise to have it up soon.

But the main question is, WHAT CAN WE DO BESIDES SEND IRRITATING MAIL AND VENT OURSELVES ON THE PUBLIC INTERNET? Please, suggestions are MORE than welcome.

I guess we could start more and more sites like WWHS is now, and maybe the thickos at LEC would get the picture...

P.S. Stop trying to change the topic, SyntheticGerbil.

braindead200
03-07-2004, 02:13 AM
thanks for lettin us have the campaign there,and welcome to the team pork_soda

Jester
03-07-2004, 02:18 AM
For now, there's a thread at the new lucas support forums (http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=60&start=15&tstart=0) concerning Sam and Max 2. They'll almost certainly delete it, and might not take notice, but feel encouraged to use it as yet another means to convey your thoughts/pleadings/disgust.

psbales
03-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Hey,

The website www.fark.com has greenlighted a link about the cancellation of Sam & Max 2! This is a 'Good Thing'. Fark can instantly generate awareness that the game has been cancelled, and a few thousand or so people could (and hopefully will) join in with the emailing, petition signing, and general pestering of LucasArts.

Keep the faith people!

samandmaxfiend
03-07-2004, 03:02 AM
i was thinking..could there be something we could mail to lucasarts.. an item that is veryyy sam & max..and would represent them..as kind of a protest.. i was thinkin of mailin em my hit the road box..but y'know i wanna keep that..what represents sam & max that we could send?

and braindead if u are recruitin ppl..make sure to check out the

www.adventuregamers.com forums

toenail1
03-07-2004, 03:10 AM
Sign using different names as much as you want

take the petitions seriously, if you don't then we wont be taken seriously and they'll never release it

SIGN YOUR REAL ANME AND ONLY SIGN IT ONCE!!! SIGNING UNDER DIFF. NAMES IS ONLY HURTING US

braindead200
03-07-2004, 04:50 AM
thanks samandmaxfiend,but the problem is that i cannot post a reply,isnt there any other places?

P.S.anbody else wants to join the sam and max vs lucasarts campaign???

braindead200
03-07-2004, 04:54 AM
maybe we should represent something very good that will make him changed his mind about the cancellation,maybe something memorable or somethin thats more like a sign to the future about how big of a mistake he made,if you dont know what i mean,just say im not too bright thats why my name is braindead

Fred
03-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by braindead200
freddy,that is one hell of a website
Heh. That isn't my website, it's Gabez's.

I was just posting it to show you that what you're attempting to do has already been done.

Bob McDob
03-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Petitions don't mean a thing to game producers, since they take all of five seconds to sign and don't require an attention span. If you're serious about protesting the cancellation of Sam & Max, mail them your protest. (Maybe with a nice hand-carved Max tiki).

On the other hand, sure, I'll sign it, just for the hell of it all.

hullu
03-07-2004, 10:24 AM
... why they cancelled the game:
[list=1]
quality
The press and the fans hyped that game so much that LEC could not fulfill the expectations or meet the quality standards set up by other LEC adventures
time
The game was not as ready as it was presumed, so the release would move to Q3 or Q4, where the game would have to fight against Doom3 and HalfLife2
money
Adventures nowadays have bigger developement expenses than other genres. 3D environments in adventures must be rich and detailed, because unlike shoot-em-ups, you don't run around fighting enemies, you actually interact with the environment. Maybe they COULD afford the costs of ONE adventure by covering them with StarWars-profits, but the fans WILL demand more. So they said "Let's just pull the plug now". Sadly.
brains
Because LEC recently published 3D-Shooter - or let's say 3D-Lightsaber - they don't have faith in their customers intelligence or interest in a game that would take more than just being trigger-happy.
sales figures
I think I read somewhere that the sales figures of adventures are not good in the US (I am from the "old europe", where adventures are still in fashion), and an american company WILL mainly produce for the US market.
management
Computer games aren't jeans! (Why that? See M. Nelson (http://www.lucasarts.com/about/officers.htm))
murphy's law
Developers and the complete source backup got destroyed by a slimy meteor ;-)
[/list=1]

I think the official statement covers most of them statements.

remixor
03-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Yeah, except that it doesn't cover any of them.

Brushguy
03-07-2004, 08:07 PM
On sending stuff to Lucasarts, I sent them a drawing of Sam and Max, drawn on the letter.

I don't believe any of those reasons, hullu. Maybe you haven't seen Steve Purcell's comment about how Sam and Max was ON SCHEDULE and COMING TOGETHER BEAUTIFULLY.

http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax

The site's up. A few sections need to be finished and there's not that much there yet. Again, suggestions on harrassing Lucasarts are welcome (contact me in this thread if you feel like adding something. I would like to know Lucasart's phone number for product support so I can add that to the site)

hullu
03-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Of course I meant possible, yet internal reasons!

@Brushguy: I have read Steves comment. I just don't believe in that lame excuse Mr. Nelson gave us. I just wanted to say that the management could cetrainly hide some of the given reasons behind their statement.

Nah, i'm just disappointed and trying to understand it.

Brushguy
03-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Sorry, hullu, I'm just really really really believing that they'll put it back into production. In fact I know they will. This small, still voice in the back of my head is telling me, "They're going to bring it back."

I have nothing against you or your explanation.

hullu
03-07-2004, 10:44 PM
"It's like millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced ... by the release of Freelance Police"

Dr Edison 007
03-07-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm new (another person who registered out of outrage), but I have an idea of something to send LucasArts.

In Monkeys Violating the Holy Temple there is a frame where Sam n' Max are chasing a guy who stole a women's purse with their firearms on them, but they are yelling about how they want to have a discussion with him, even though they obviously want to shoot him.

My idea is to take that frame and paste Nelson's (or another big player in this cancellation) head over the pickpocket and send that.

Even if you don't like that idea, I'll still do it myself.

Edit: I can't believe this was my first post, I'm so ****ing embarassed. Sean was the smart one in this thread.

toenail1
03-07-2004, 11:44 PM
actually hullu, if it wasnt meeting their quality expectations, they would've said so

i know this cuz they said it before when they cancelled a game (dont know which one though, i forgot)

samandmaxfiend
03-07-2004, 11:51 PM
i think as another form of protest..we should draw our own pictures of sam & max and just mail lucasarts our own sam & max artwork.. so all they'll get is a picture of sam & max..i think they'll get the picture...

samandmaxfiend
03-07-2004, 11:53 PM
hey guybrush we need the addresses of all gaming magazines that would be interested in the cancelation of sam & max..we should all send them mail..i imagine most have a mailbag type section..so we can atleast spread the "bad word" abt lucasarts..give em some bad publicity

Jester
03-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Keep the spirit alive and so forth, but please keep the private messages to private messages.

Brushguy
03-08-2004, 01:39 AM
Have you looked at the thread on LucasArts' near dead forums? 6 pages long...and growing.

For the website I need:
-This "campaign" you guys are talking about...what exactly do you mean?
-The phone number of Lucasarts product suppport.
-I don't get magazines like PC Gamer or the ones samandmaxfiend refers to, so I wouldn't know their addresses. Tell me their addresses and I will add them to the site.

In Monkeys Violating the Holy Temple there is a frame where Sam n' Max are chasing a guy who stole a women's purse with their firearms on them, but they are yelling about how they want to have a discussion with him, even though they obviously want to shoot him.

Give me a photo of Mike Nelson. I already have a copy of MVtHT which I will gladly add to the site. Any non-offensive fan-art is welcome (by that I mean "offensive to general public." "Offensive to Lucasarts" is just fine)

How do you like the site so far?

actually hullu, if it wasnt meeting their quality expectations, they would've said
so

i know this cuz they said it before when they cancelled a game (dont know which one though, i forgot)

I think you're thinking of Full Throttle II.

Finally, in closing, I put my "The End of Sam and Max?" comic back on the Net, which can be viewed at the site. http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax

braindead200
03-08-2004, 03:40 AM
oh ok freddy tell gabaz i said thats an awesome site,and i dont understand whats happening here.

Fred
03-08-2004, 08:38 AM
Tell him yourself (http://www.lucasforums.com/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=12468)

Dr Edison 007
03-08-2004, 10:47 AM
How do you like the site so far?

I think this is a great site.

Live Undead
03-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Distributing the game online is a great idea, All they would have to do is finish the game and put it on the site, then reap the rewards. That would show them just what a mistake they made.

Skinkie
03-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I don't think they'd suddenly decide to just release it online, there's no profit in that.

YTtheMighty
03-08-2004, 08:01 PM
releasing SandM2 online but not free might be a good idea. that cuts out all the overhead of a cds and boxes. They could do like Valve wanted to do with steam and the realease of half-life2. Don't know if lucasArts has thought of that or not but if money is an issue here (and it probably is, it being the root of all evil) that would cut a large ammount of cost out of production. They might need to get more server space or atleast free some up but $50 dollars say for a 800MB download is cheaper for them than $50 for 2cds, a jewel case/sleve, a box, box art, cd art, a manule (how the hell do you spell that?), and what ever else they would have to buy to get it on the shelves in stores... I think insted of complaining about what is happened we should offer this solution.. i think this is a great idea and we should redirect our anger to constructiveness... I was pissed and still am but just being pissed wont get me anywhere. Lets all e-mail this solution to LucasArts and maybe, if they havent considered it already and dismissed it, they will see that money is to be saved and made here...

Dr Edison 007
03-08-2004, 08:05 PM
It's spelled M-A-N-U-A-L.

BTW,if I where to use my MVtHT idea, would I need Steve's permission?

dcroeser
03-08-2004, 08:20 PM
YTtheMighty: Just how many people do you think are going to have the patience to download 800MB? We don't all have super dooper broadband or dsl connections.

AkaNezumi
03-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Hi guys...

I heard the other day about the cancellation. I am yet another person who has registered due to the news. I have posted a reaction article on my website, (Which you can see by clicking the link in my sig.) emailed, and wrote a paper letter. I wish there was more I could do.

I have to say I find it very strange. It seems that this one article has gotten me the most flack ever. I think there is something funny going on, and Sam N Max is stuck in the crossfire. I certainly got reamed for it.

I dunno. Its just messed up. I am very sad. T_T

YTtheMighty
03-08-2004, 08:54 PM
I know that there are many who do not have broadband connection, but I also feel that if we as a community feel strongly enogh about this game to complain about it's cancellation, we would definantely have the pacients to downlaod it if it were avaliable. I would leave my PC on for a week straight if that is what it would take to get this game, and i think that there are many of you who would do the same, I have composed an e-mail that i plan to send to the various e-mail addresses mentioned arly on this thread, it is long but I think it makes a staement and if nothing else it merely highlights my opion, it can't hurt:

Dear Sir,

I do not know or pretend to know the reasons for the recent cancellation of Sam and Max: Freelance Police. I am a long time fan of the game and of LucasArts in general. The first PC game I ever played was The Secret of Monkey Island back in the late 80's and have supported the company though the purchase of games and other merchandise since than. I have even wish to work for LucasArts in the future.

The fans of the Graphic Adventure game genre that LucasArts helped to pioneer in the early days of computer gaming, my self included, are all upset with this announcement as I am sure you are aware of. Many are boycotting LucasArts products all together. While I am aware, as I am sure you are, that the fan base for this genre is a small percent of the overall gamer populace, it is indeed a percent.

I have a proposal that may aid both LucasArts and the Adventure Gaming community in this matter. I do not pretend to represent every person in said community but I do feel that the whole of gamers who have responded to the event in question would agree with and support my proposal that I will in here describe.

It would seem, to myself and others like me, that the reason for the cancellation of Sam and Max: Freelance Police was and is due to poor sales in the Adventure game genre in the American PC gaming market. This goes without contention. Adventure games are not as popular today as they were even 4 years ago. I do not know or pretend to know a lot of the world of computer game marketing. I do know that a lot of money goes into the selling of a PC game. The cost of CD/s, boxes, box design, manual designs and layouts, advertising, getting the products out to stores. All of these are requirements to get the game/s out to the public and all cost money. It takes money to make money is the cliché and it is true. If the fear at LucasArts is that it would cost more to market the game than it would bring in, then my compromise should eliminate that worry.

In this day of internet technology, the houses in this country without internet access are few and far between. The number of gamers who are and were interested in the game Sam and Max: Freelance Police that have internet access is great as I am sure you are aware of. That is why I propose that the recently canceled game be offered online as a one time pay-to-play download. Allow those who wish to play the game to download the game online for the regular game retail price of $50. Again, I do not know or pretend to know the costs that would go into this service. I can say, however, that it would be significantly less than producing the game for retail release. LucasArts offers current downloads for free already in the form of game patches and updates, why not a whole game?

If this idea has already crossed your mind and you have removed it from consideration I apologizes for my lengthy explanation of it. I know that the fans of the genre are not the only people disappointed in the cancellation of this game. The production team of the game must also be disappointed. I know that a lot of time and effort was spent putting this game together to the state it was at at the point of cancellation and the hearts of the adventure gaming community go out to all who spent countless hours working code or rendering pixels for us, the fans.

I don't know if you will read this or if anyone will read this. I don't know if I have opened any eyes or if have I have just wasted time, yours and mine. This game meant a lot to a lot of people, and many people have spent time on it. I feel, as do many people, that it would be a tragic waste to loose all the hours spent putting the game together to just to have it die.

Thank you for your time,
(my full name)

Anyone who wishs to send similar emails please do, it is not about whose idea it was, for me anyway, it is about getting the game so many have wanted for so long and have put so much time into...

Dr Edison 007
03-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a photo of Mike Nelson?

:max:

I'm glad all you fans are gone.

husuris
03-09-2004, 12:01 AM
The only decent thing LucasArts can do now is to change its name to Star Wars Game Developer.

LucasArts died when Episode I was released. But the fans (including me) are realizing it now.

Lets hope that after Episode III (May 2005) LucasArts will try to CREATE games.

LucasArts is among the elite of computer gaming industry. Games such as Monkey Island series, the 2 Indiana Jones adventure games, Maniac Mansion & Day of the Tentacle, Loom, The Dig, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, and of course Sam n Max put the company in such position

I always felt priviledged that I played those games shortly after they were released, and I think from tomorrow I will start playing them again because I realized that the last historical computer games company died and games that I mention above wont be released anymore.

I am very sorry that future gamer won't have the opportunity to experience such great games

SyntheticGerbil
03-09-2004, 04:48 AM
hahahaha! STAR WARS GAME DEVELOPER.

If you would like a job at... STAR WARS GAME DEVELOPER... please dial our customer service hotline so that we may set up a resume review date and see if you are, in fact, eligible to be recruited in our fine company... STAR WARS GAME DEVELOPER.

Yeah, also I will take in consideration to stamp my name at your long jumbled up letter, YTthe mighty, and send it into STAR WARS GAME DEVELOPER.

braindead200
03-09-2004, 04:52 AM
husirus,what makes you say that.we can all hope about sam n max 2,day of thetentacle 2(maniac mansion3),monkey island 5,and lots of other great games,but right noe lets concentrate on this game and hope to get it back in production.and lets never EVER lose hope

SyntheticGerbil
03-09-2004, 04:55 AM
Sequels are bad. I'm really tired of sequels. Let's just let the damned things rest.

But Sam and Max does not count as a sequel. They don't exactly fit the proper sequel/saga criteria.

husuris
03-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Braindead, follow this link link (http://www.lucasarts.com/about/milestones.htm)
and you will understand why I am pessimistic. After 1999 (release of Ep.I) Lucasarts gave us a Monkey Island game, 2 mediocre Indy games and alot of SW games

LessThanLuke
03-09-2004, 05:00 PM
This is the email I sent to Lucasarts. Felt like being nasty and bitter, they deserve it.

To whom it may concern,

I'd like to let you know my utter disgust at your
decision to cancel not only Sam and Max 2, but also
Full Throttle 2. I feel that Lucasarts has gone
ridiculously far downhill recently and turned into a
company churning out senseless Star Wars shooter game
after senseless Star Wars shooter game. I remember the
glory days of Lucasarts, yet you seem to have entirely
abandoned what is probably your biggest group of fans,
those who loved and cherished the point n click
adventures of old. You've let down a great deal of
people in your decision to get our hopes up TWICE, and
totally dash them, and to be honest I seriously doubt
I will ever finding myself purchasing another
Lucasarts product. This is an absolutely moronic
decision on your part, and I'm glad to know that
you're as motivated by lining your pockets with money
as ever. Hey, I'm sure Star Wars Republic Commando
Knights Fighter 34 will sell millions of copies!

With much disgust,

Brushguy
03-09-2004, 11:44 PM
First of all, I wouldn't support the idea of an 800MB download, but if that's what they do, by George, I'll leave the computer on for a month if that's what it takes.

--------------

For those of you who are up to snuff on early 1900s history, I'd like to bring up the effect on the general public when the end the Strand's short story series, "The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes," came. The author, Conan Doyle, tried to kill off his hero so he wouldn't have to bother with it anymore. Soon after that, several thousand fans started pestering, complaining, and whining towards him to make more Sherlock Holmes stories. He FINALLY caved in and did "Sherlock Holmes: Hound of the Baskervilles."

Shows how fans bothering somebody enough will make them do something! ;)

--------------

By the way, I've been watching the teaser trailer for Sam and Max 2 again (I saved it to my hard drive), and even though the game is temporarily cancelled, I'm salivating over the game still. Just the trailer would convince the average man on the street to buy the game. Lucasarts is so pathetic.

Maybe we should hand out burned CDs to people everywhere, and on them is the trailer and directions on how to pester Lucasarts.

Keep bothering Lucasarts, guys. Like I said above, enough pestering will break their stubborn-ness!

theholyidiot
03-10-2004, 01:02 AM
I'd love to check it out, but unfortunately, http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax has overrun its bandwith limit. (actually, a pretty damn good sign...) Is there anywhere else I can see it?

lagamorph321
03-10-2004, 01:15 AM
You can see some ideas coming together on www.savesamandmax.com. I like the online distro idea - although LA would be really concerned about pirating of this one. Bah, I've written my emails to pr@lucasarts.com and encourage anyone else who gives a *&* to do the same.

Brushguy
03-10-2004, 01:27 AM
I'd love to check it out, but unfortunately, http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax has overrun its bandwith limit.

Freewebs gives an EXTREMELY limited amount of bandwidth, and I'm sorry to say that they've told me it won't be back up until the 25th. :(

It is a good sign though, in a way. I guess samandmaxfiend gets all the glory in the meantime... :rolleyes:

Since my site's down for a while, I want to help samandmaxfiend out as much as possible.

Max Salmon
03-10-2004, 02:03 AM
i was thinking..could there be something we could mail to lucasarts.. an item that is veryyy sam & max..and would represent them..

I am a diehard fan of all the Sam and Max stuff. I had the comic compilation and the eps taped of TV and are now transfered on VCD. Still enraged with... well, pretty much anything with the situation, but I got a few ideas...

1. Make the brown bag puppet of Max as seen in the comic and instruction manual of the game. But inside it's mouth, have a letter of the plentiful raw feelings we all have...well, everyone except SyntheticGerbil, who no one is really sure why he is this devoted to nay-saying Sam&Max (I'll just blame Comunism for now). It's kinda stupid, but i really can't picture a office room stacked with paperbag maxs'.

2. Get a Screenshot from the Sam and Max Dress Up game (I'm sure it had a mitty name in the game, but my memories are blined by fury) and put a bunch of bloodied clothes on one of them and put Mike Nelsons face on it. Then put all the weapons on the other one and viola! Fasionable protesting!

I've called Mike Nelson, I've been on the Penny Arcade Forums, I have written an E-mail to Gabe on PA, I have written 2 e-mails to each adress given, and on the off chance of those few people who vist the comic ElfOnlyInn.keenspace.com, I E-mailed him too. I should really get a life...

nah

If only he knew ---->.:max:

Pork_Soda
03-10-2004, 03:15 AM
If we could get Penny-Arcade to do a comic, that would be awsome. That would really boost intrest.

samandmaxfiend
03-10-2004, 03:23 AM
hey i like that max puppet idea..has any1 scanned that comic online..i wanna put it on www.savesamandmax.com .. ?// can some1 scan it and e-mail it to me info@savesamandmax.com

Max Salmon
03-10-2004, 03:43 AM
I don't have a scanner sadly, so if anyone has a scanner and a comic compilation, or a friend with a scanner, or an enemy that you can seduce to use the scanner, it would be greatly appreciated (sp?).

But im doin my best as far as getting everything out there. It has now become my AIM Profile and i threathen suicide if they don't sign the petition. Then again, that will probably remove sigs, but it was worth a shot.

Brushguy
03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
I have a scanner and copies of the Max Hand Puppet, in both black/white and color. That's a good idea about the puppet, but I already sent my written letter and my parents don't want me sending another... :(

lagamorph321
03-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey all,
I know everyone that's posting on the boards wants this game to be made, but I only see postings by a select few. I want to help the guy who made the savesamandmax.com website organize fans into a 'club'.

Anyone interested in joining the cause? It's the die hards that will encourage people who could be swayed to do what all of us have done so far - emailed pr@lucasarts.com, stevepurcell, gaming mags and anyone else who will listen.

Is there a fan base already organized and kicking LA butt?

What do you think? - i hate to call it a fan club, so any suggestions for a name are appreciated. Poke fun if you have to - just join in :-)

lagamorph321@yahoo.com --- yeah i know i spelled lagomorph wrong

Max Salmon
03-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Brushguy
I have a scanner and copies of the Max Hand Puppet, in both black/white and color.

Kickass, but please scan in one and send it to Savesameandmax.com so he can host it and then put the link up on the boards here.

Skinkie
03-11-2004, 04:48 AM
Actually I think it's already up on one of the sites around here. I printed it off at one point. Unfortunately I don't remember which one. Then you could just swipe theirs.

GreenClue
03-11-2004, 06:50 AM
I think the other site, Save Sam & Max (http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax/supportthecause.htm), has had its bandwidth exceeded because when I sent NTFS (http://www.ntfs.org) the information that the game was cancelled to post on their page I used that website address instead of the newer one of Save Sam & Max Freelance Police (http://www.savesamandmax.com) since it wasn't entirely together at the time :p Uh, so, yeah, I messaged them to change the link but added a comment to the post anyway... you can see it under Gaming News.

SyntheticGerbil
03-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Wow, indentions really do make all of the difference.

Dimensio
03-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Oops. The new paragraph indentations got cut off. Sorry about that. I do actually indent with new paragraphs, and the letter will be double-spaced.

BlueRockman
03-12-2004, 02:11 AM
I hear that, man. I hear that.

And I note medicore being "at best" for LucasArts at current, while generally, we seem to recieve "purile crap".

And man, I love how you hit the nail on the head about the only quality games coming from the third party developers. Perhaps maybe if we get into the gaming business, we should just rally as many third party developers as possible so we can just be lazy and pretend that we make decent games. :P

But seriously though. I hate what LEC has done. I opted for boycotting, e-mailing, and if I did live in the CA area, would gladly join the picket lines. I don't take a lazily done two-line note as poorly written as Mr. Nelson's as acceptible closure.

braindead200
03-12-2004, 02:40 AM
jeez i guess i was wrong.monkey island 4 was awesome but the puzzles were very hard and fustrating.im no indiana jones fan,i dont like star wars that much anymore.they're cocentrating the most on star wars more than anything.they should stop doing that since every star wars game is very boring.but yeah lets hope they release more squels games after episode 3 of star wars

Skinkie
03-12-2004, 03:28 AM
No Indiana Jones fan? What kind of a person are you? BAH!!!

Dimensio
03-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Thanks for some feedback. A simple read-through led me to see a number of typographical errors (spelling mistakes, omitted words), and I have thought of how to rephrase some of my comments.

I want to avoid going too negative, hence my focus on LucasArts's level of mediocrity without actually referring to things as "purile crap" (I also want to avoid such coarse language).

Unfortunately, I had very little sleep last night, and as such I'm not sure how much of a proper mindframe I'm in for futher editing, so I may have to delay mailing the letter until Saturday. I won't delay it further than that, however. I'm considering sending it via priority mail, to get it to LA sooner.

zongman
03-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Check "Lucas Archives volume 1" on amazon.com
(item containing sam&max hit the road)

I put up a review that says it all

Best regards,
Zong.

NHJ BV
03-12-2004, 03:04 PM
I've sent them an email too, and signed the petition:

"Dear sir,

I cannot express how disappointed I am at the cancellation of Sam &
Max: Freelance Police. The first game was absolutely great, and many
looked forward to the sequel Lucasarts was developing (an online
petition has almost 10.000 signatures at the moment of writing). A few
had their doubts, as the game was in 3D, but most people looked
forward to it as one of the better games to buy this year. Seeing as
the release date was only some two-and-a-half months away, I and many
others with me do not understand why this game was cancelled; or, to
phrase it better: why Lucasarts didn't decide on whether or not they
wanted to make a Sam & Max sequel *before* they started production.
Now Lucasarts wasted money, time and their reputation making an
unfinished game. To me it seems that finishing it would at least allow
Lucasarts to make some money out of it, while now all funds spent on
the project are wasted.

Some suggested that perhaps the project wasn't coming along well,
which is a good reason to cancel it, but Steve Purcell's comments on
the cancellation of the project suggests otherwise: "I couldn't have
been more pleased with the quality of the writing, gameplay, hilarious
animation and the gorgeous 3D world that Mike Stemmle's team has
created". Also, there are pretty strong rumors that all of the
voice-acting for the game had been finished. Please reconsider the
cancellation of the project; there are many looking forward to the
game, and there have been quite some successfull adventure games that
were released over the past few years, like Syberia, or The Longest
Journey.

By now, LucasArts has probably recieved hundreds of emails, not all as
polite as this one (I had a week or so to cool down by now) asking the
same, but please allow Sam & Max: Freelance Police to be released to
the world. If this is not an option, please consider one of the
following:

-Release whatever has been made until now as a free download,
especially the voice acting.

-Release whatever has been made until now and include the source code,
I'm sure there will be some talented programmers/modders in the
adventure community who can make something out of it if the voice
acting is done.

-Put just one or two programmers back on the game and release it at
some point in the future, perhaps this Christmas or even later.

-Transfer/sell the rights on Sam & Max, and preferrably all work that
has been done so far, to a software developer who is willing to finish
and release the game. This way, Lucasarts will get some of the money
back they put into it, adventure gamers around the world will be
happy, and Lucasarts will regain it's now ruined reputation.

Regards,
<my name>"

ShyBearUK
03-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Just my tuppence worth. Never been as incensed about a game cancellation as I am about this one, so have sent off mails to Mary Bihr, Michael Nelson, Ronda/Randy(?) Breen and the PR address, as well as signing the petition (just the once).

I am absolutely gutted about the decision, and I can only hope that we will be able to get through to them somehow.

mail follows:

"
I found out this morning that a game which I have been eagerly awaiting ever since completing the prequel in 1993, has been cancelled. In case you're in any doubt, it's the one about a canine law enforcement agent and his lepine partner.

It's not often that i feel strongly enough about something of this nature to send an e-mail, but this has to be one of the most ridiculous decisions ever made by a software company. The prequel was the first game I ever bought for my first PC, although I had a history of playing Lucasarts games on my Amiga: Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, etc, and I can't help but think that whoever made the decision to axe this game doesn't really have any idea what the games-buying public actually want.

When I say 'game-buying public' I refer to the people that buy games for themselves, not the parents and relatives that buy yet another Star Wars game for their child/grandchild/etc because they see the Star Wars brand and think 'Oh, it's Star Wars, little Timmy would like that. Everyone likes Star Wars'. Unfortunately, not everyone DOES like Star Wars, and Lucasarts is in serious danger of alienating their original fanbase.

As if it wasn't bad enough that this game was cancelled, I also found out about another sequel to a classic Lucasarts adventure, about a man and his motorbike, being cancelled, although I know I'm a little behind the times on that one.

The only reason that the adventure game genre appears to be dead is that no-one is really releasing enough adventure games at the moment, but one has only to look at Syberia, Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon, The Longest Journey and the like to realise that these games DO sell. All it would take to revive the genre to its former glory would be one game to stand above all others. Purely based on the online reaction to the cancellation of the aforementioned game, I would warrant that it could've been that game. Thousands would have bought it purely because of their feelings and memories of the first game, and if it actually turned out to be good it would have even made some new fans for the franchise.

I would like to take this chance to urge you to reconsider this decision, and I'm not alone. I have signed an online petition to cancel the cancellation of the game, and it has already been signed by nearly SEVENTEEN THOUSAND people! Surely this is some indication of how well the game would sell. Bearing in mind the percentage of people who would actually take the time to sign an online petition, and also the people who do not have access to the Internet, nor the time to go surfing around and find out where to send emails, surely it would be a viable commercial option?

You will notice that I have avoided mentioning the name of the game so that I can bypass any filters which you are more than likely to have had put in place. I am sure that by now you are heartily sick of receiving mails on this topic, but hopefully this will show you how serious we, the fans, are.

Until I hear that this decision has been reversed, I feel it is my sad responsibility to boycott any future Lucasarts releases. Hopefully if enough of us take this step, Lucasarts will be forced to listen.

Yours, disappointedly "
[my full name]

Dimensio
03-12-2004, 08:17 PM
I have deleted my previous posting to avoid cluttering up this discussion with redundant information. I have revised my letter, and spellchecked it. I will print it, sign it and mail it tomorrow. I would like any feedback that anyone has to offer, as well as any correction of grammatical mistakes or apparently omitted words. If you think that it is great as-is, feel free to tell me. If you think that it outright sucks and that I should start over, tell me that as well (but give me some direction so that I don't make the same mistakes all over again).

Note that I do indent my paragraphs. I just can't get them to show here. Also, the letter is in 10-point font. I have not decided if I wish to use double-spacing (which makes it two and a half pages) or smaller 1.5 spacing (which reduces it to two full pages).

To Whom it May Concern,

I am contacting you – as are, I am told, many others – to express my opinion as a video and computer game consumer regarding the recent and surprising cancellation of Sam & Max: Freelance Police. I have little doubt that you are now well aware of the outcry regarding the cancellation of such a promising and anticipated title, and I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding your decision; it is a sentiment shared amongst professional game reviewers and the gaming enthusiasts who post on various Internet message forums. I can understand their confusion: while much of the game's development was kept secret, the scant information that was released showed great promise for the project. This, in addition to the cult-like status of the game's characters and because the game itself is a follow up to one of the most popular and memorable LucasArts adventure games ever made (which is quite a feat given that it was just a single game, rather than a series such as the Monkey Island games) – to the point of being referenced in relatively recent LucasArts titles – leads a great number to wonder why your company would cancel production for what is sure to be a profitable title. Unlike many enthusiasts, however, I am not confused by your decision. I believe myself to have a good understanding of the two primary reasons for the cancellation of Sam & Max: Freelance police.

The first reason, of course, is as was stated in the short and almost cowardly-worded press release: market conditions. Some have questioned the competency of a marketing department that concludes that the release of a title such as Sam & Max: Freelance Police would not be profitable at this time, asserting that it is difficult to gauge the predicted success of a title in a genre that is currently represented in the market by at most three other titles. It is a popular belief that your marketing department conducts lazy research by looking at the dearth of adventure games currently available and concluding (by virtue of the fact that a genre that is not represented well cannot sell well) that a new adventure title could not possibly sell well. I have avoided such a hasty generalization of your marketing department's tactics, however. I realize that your marketing department needn't do any research at all within the adventure game genre, nor do they need to consider the potential anticipation of the title given the popularity of Sam & Max. All that they need to consider is that no matter how much money Sam & Max ultimately grosses, producing and marketing the title to make it profitable will require some amount of effort and investment above “bare minimum”. They also realize that the Star Wars name is currently so popular that they can easily dump a very small amount of development money into a title, pay for a few magazine advertisements and send a few large cardboard displays to video game retailers and people will buy the title in droves regardless of its quality merely because it is set within the Star Wars universe. I understand that LucasArts has made the simple economic decision of producing licensed mediocre products rather than investing in a quality piece of software because quality software that does not carry the “Star Wars” name is simply not as profitable in the long run.

It is this initial understanding that leads to a revelation regarding the second reason for the cancellation of a promising title such as Sam & Max: Freelance Police. If LucasArts invests in and releases a well-designed, offbeat and quality title, gamers will begin to have higher expectations from the company. When the next mediocre Star Wars game is released, with minimal effort applied to making the title fun to play, gaming fans will wonder why your company was unable to release another game as well-made “that game with the rabbit and the dog”. I understand that you are currently able to place the LucasArts name on quality titles such as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, but knowledgeable gamers and game reviewers are well-aware that those quality “LucasArts” titles are always developed by third party publishers such as Bioware and that they only carry the LucasArts name because of licensed Star Wars elements. As such, I understand your decision to cancel Sam & Max: Freelance Police as part of an ongoing policy of dedicating your in-house development staff to mediocrity.

It is with this ultimate revelation of your current company strategy that I find myself saddened with the knowledge that LucasArts is no longer the company that I used to know. I had once associated your company with quality titles, especially in the adventure game genre (always standing above and beyond offerings from other companies, to the point where other gaming companies began mimicking the SCUMM engine design to some degree) but also with revolutionary titles such as the X-Wing and TIE Fighter series. Now, however, it seems that LucasArts is uninterested in a reputation for quality gaming titles in favor of churning out whatever you believe can gain you the greatest income with the least amount of expenditure. It is with a heavy heart that I must admit to myself that while I once trusted LucasArts for quality titles, I can no longer justify any purchase of a LucasArts title.

Brushguy
03-13-2004, 12:56 AM
And I am the 200th post! Mwahahahaha!

Sorry. ;) :p

Keep sending that mail, people!

pr@lucasarts.com

lagamorph321
03-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi,
I really like your letter. It might help to rework the items in parentheses into seperate sentences to avoid sounding like a run on sentence with no end in sight because even the most patient...um...right.

Next to last paragraph has a little error...(missing maybe an 'as'?)
as well-made as "that game with the rabbit and the dog."

instead of

as well-made “that game with the rabbit and the dog”.

Thanks for taking the time to write a good letter. I'll happily send one myself backing your valid points.

Dimensio
03-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the tip. I've been rereading and tweaking things. I took out a lot of the parenthetic inclusions, because many of them were too wordy, and I added in the missing "as".

The letter will be printed later. I will decide tonight whether to send it via First Class or through a more expensive but more reliable method.

Note to all who also plan to write letters: If you're going to write a letter, make sure to follow the right standards. I was set to double-space until I read not to do that. See http://www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/BusinessLetter.html for two examples of proper business letter writing techniques. I'm using the Indent style, because I prefer it aesthetically, but block style should be fine as well.

The Tingler
03-13-2004, 12:15 PM
This was posted on the LucasArts Technical Forum.

"Sam & Max: Freelance police
Posted: Mar 8, 2004 9:37 AM

This Forum is only for technical support for LucasArts games so we have removed the threads regarding the cancellation of Sam & Max: Freelance Police. However, please send any feedback you have to our Public Relations Dept. at PR@LucasArts.com

Ronda Scott, our Community Relations Specialist is monitoring the mail to this address and reviewing your comments. Rest assured, your voices are being heard.

Thank you. "

At least we have someone to write to. Don't insult her - she's just the one reading the mail!

lagamorph321
03-13-2004, 05:17 PM
It is hard to be professional when you're as mad as most of us are about the cancellation. But, you're right, we should personally attack anyone, even that bleepity bleep bleep, Mike Nelson.

a_monkey
03-13-2004, 05:44 PM
P.S.:LucasArts, if you are reading this, im as serious as i have ever been. if i see one of your boxes on the shelves i will not even look at it. i will tell people not to buy it. [/B]

I will definitely tell my local PC gamers friends about this too. Several are LucasArts fans of older games. They will definitely ban their products too.

LucasArts just doesn't get it. We don't want more StarWars related games! We want original games!

First there was EA and the whole Origin crisis. EA has ruined and closed a lot of independent developing houses. Origin was one they ruined after Ultima Ascension was released. That piece of crap stinks so bad, I wish I could flush it down the toilet! No wonder Richard Garriot, the creator of the Ultima games left his own company. He couldn't stand EA taking over. EA also ruined Bullfrog and others. I haven't bought an EA published game since Ultima Ascension!

Black Isle is no more too.

It's time we take a stand against big software publishers, and go back to the roots and support local independent developers and their original games.

Console games are being focused on so heavily these days, it's leaving PC games in the dust. I go to my local software stores, and see nothing but X-Box and PS2 games lining the walls. It used to be nothing but PC games!

I am NOT interested in console games. I DO NOT own a console. I detest consoles. I only wish to play quality PC games.

a_monkey
03-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by The Tingler

This Forum is only for technical support for LucasArts games so we have removed the threads regarding the cancellation of Sam & Max: Freelance Police. However, please send any feedback you have to our Public Relations Dept. at PR@LucasArts.com

Ronda Scott, our Community Relations Specialist is monitoring the mail to this address and reviewing your comments. Rest assured, your voices are being heard.

Thank you. "

At least we have someone to write to. Don't insult her - she's just the one reading the mail!

I just emailed the PR dept to express my concerns. I'm not buying another LucasArts branded game or merchandise until a shift towards ORIGINAL Adventure PC games comes back.

Please LucasArts, no more lame Console games either. Come back to PC gaming.

Dimensio
03-13-2004, 07:37 PM
I sent a snail mail letter out today. Snail mail letters make more of an impact than email or e-petitions, so I encourage anyone who has an interest in the game to do likewise.

I recommend strongly, however, that you word your letter in a somewhat professional fashion. That means using proper grammer, spellchecking, punctuation, full words (never use 'u' for 'you', etc) and an appropriate letter format, either block or indent style. Even if you wish to keep the tone of your letter negative (as I did), avoid profanity.

You can see one of the later revisions of the letter that I sent in a previous post in this topic.

You can find examples of the proper formatting for business letters at
http://www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/BusinessLetter.html

Be sure to include your address at the top (as indicated) and your full name at the bottom.

You can find examples of the proper formatting for envelopes at
http://jobsearchtech.about.com/library/bl-business-envelope.htm

braindead200
03-13-2004, 07:41 PM
ill tell ya kind of person i am,im a kind of person that really wants sam and max 2 back,i dont like indiana jones because i saw one his movies i thought it was pretty boring,when i heard the 4 or 5 games about it i was soooooo not interested.but this is about sam and max and we all have to do everything in our blood,guts,sweat,soul,and pride to bring it back.

Makaio50
06-06-2004, 03:06 AM
LEC why is it a has been... why does it opperate so backwards... why is it now so UN original... I'm sure we all wonder. Glad to see other true fans out there - PEACE

Dr Edison 007
06-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Buddy, this topic, and hope of the game coming out, is as dead as a door nail or coffin nail or what ever the hell you want to call it.

Sam&Max Rule
06-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I just noticed that the Press Release that announced the cancellation is gone.

Check it out:

What could that mean?
The original Sam & Max isn't even listed as a classic anymore either. Are they trying to get rid of all evidence of Sam & Max?
Will they sell it to another developer? Any thoughts?

Skinkie
06-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah its probably a giant conspiracy, why don't you go investigate.

Sam&Max Rule
06-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but I've never understood why the decision to stop development was made and announced by Mike Nelson the VP of Finance and Administration and not Randy Breen the VP for Development. I mean a bean counter shouldn't really have much to say about Development. Am I wrong?

Dr Edison 007
06-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Wait, you registered in March, but didn't start posting until now? What the hell?

And that decision I'm sure was a joint one.

CaptainDread
06-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Sam&Max Rule
I just noticed that the Press Release that announced the cancellation is gone.

Check it out:

What could that mean?
The original Sam & Max isn't even listed as a classic anymore either. Are they trying to get rid of all evidence of Sam & Max?
Will they sell it to another developer? Any thoughts? Most likely the only reason that Sam and Max was listed under classics was because they were planning on doing a re-release in America for the original game.

When the game was cancelled, there was no reason to list it any more, as a rerelease certainly won't be happening now.

StonerDaveN'Max
06-14-2004, 12:03 AM
The only question I have at this point is why does this have to be the game with so many questions shrouded in mystery, only to be left unanswerd.

So sad:(

joesdomain
06-21-2004, 03:35 AM
I am mad at Lucasarts still. I just can't believe they cancel this game and Full Throttle Hell on Wheels. I wanted both games. Probably won't see a sequel to Grim Fandango either.

Dr Edison 007
06-21-2004, 05:46 PM
joesdomain, the way you said that made you sound like a five year old.

Rapp Scallion
06-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by The Tingler

This Forum is only for technical support for LucasArts games so we have removed the threads regarding the cancellation of Sam & Max: Freelance Police.

Well, there we have it. A public message from LucasArts that confirms it. Previously, it has only been "not the appropriate time" and a sign that it perhaps would be continued in the future (yeah, sure, that's what he meant:rolleyes: ). But now it's official.

And the idea of putting Sam & Max: Freelance Police stuff (the stuff that are already made) on the net; it will never happen. If LucasArts lets us see the stuff, they know that it will increase the hate-movement, because the game is so far in production that we will complain much more about them not finishing the game (because there's so little left to do to complete it).

-Rapp Scallion

Udvarnoky
06-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Hey, at least none of the staff was laid off, just like they promised!

...:¬:

campincarl
07-03-2004, 03:11 AM
Lucas arts will burn in hell for their stupid move. All they care about now is stupid star wars games......

Murray the Chao
07-07-2004, 06:55 PM
I hope that they DO go to Hell on account of their lust for crap Star Wars games and are thrown into Lust Freezers and/or Screaming Subspace Voids! Perhaps then, they will wish they had given us Sam & Max:Freelance Police. Perhaps they will regret breaking their five-game contracts with Guybrush and the Voodoo Lady!

Dr Edison 007
07-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Murray, for godsake just let it go. The game is not coming back so why don't you just disappear like all of those other idiots who registered after the cancellation and don't fit in anywhere else.