PDA

View Full Version : Grim Fandago needs your vote!

Skinkie
03-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Go here and vote for Grim Fandango, show your support, go now! (http://www.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0210.shtml?voted=1&voted=1&voted=1&voted=1)

Guybrush122
03-16-2004, 12:08 AM
you can count on my vote! GRIM FANDANGO MUST WIN!

Huz
03-16-2004, 12:12 AM
TEH GRIM FUNDUNGO MIST WINS

Skinkie
03-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Excellent plan! You win! You are now title fight plan tzar!

Get to work!

If we donít win, itís your head!

-info cow

P.S. Plan A, I think is the best one.

They like my plan (included below) now go, do my bidding!

I would like to brag to you about my awesome scheme to win the Gamespy title fight for Grim Fandango. If everyone else is like me and votes at school, and then at home as well they will not know the difference and then Grim Fandango will take it's rightly earned spot as best game with only minimal cheating, especially compared to those who voted for KOTOR and obviously cheated out their behinds. So therefore this is the only feasable plan, that, or to threaten to destroy GameSpy headquarters with a Scud Missle launcher. Which may be more feasible.

Now go, the vote isn't over yet! We can win... or I could lose my head.... GO NOW!

Yufster
03-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Minimal Cheating Schemeatin'! If everybody votes Grim 100 times, it'll win in no time! I voted 100 times last night (Yes, it did jump from 800 to 900 pretty quick, didn't it!?).

Keep voting! We only need... 1000 more votes!

Goddamn those cheating bastards that voted kotOR. Have they no shame?

Huz
03-16-2004, 01:23 PM
It's hopeless, my friends! KotOR got through to challenge Grim Fandango (in the wrong category!) only because of an 'extra life', or in plain language, IT'S A FIX! LucasArts have excelled themselves this time! Not content with cancelling SAM AND MAX 2, they have paid Gamespy lots of money (dirty, tainted, Star Wars money) to ensure that Grim Fandango gets knocked out of the competition, symbolically saying "Tim Schafer sucks! Don't bother with Psychonauts! BUY MERCENARIES INSTEAD, IT'S GONNA BE GREAT, HONEST!". I bet that shifty Mike Nelson character thought up this plan PERSONALLY.

That's my (possibly libellous) theory anyway.

edlib
03-16-2004, 01:30 PM
I voted Grim.

I can't figure out what KOTOR was doing up against those other 2 games?!?

Huz
03-16-2004, 01:31 PM
CONSPIRACY!

Also, today's Double Fine Action News (http://www.doublefine.com/news.htm) is the best EVER - possibly. :)

Yufster
03-16-2004, 02:14 PM
He looks like the sort of kid that makes tree houses with secret 'escape' hatches, and wears patched dungarees. In fact, he reminds me of Dennis from the movie, you know, the one that was based on the comic... had that little blonde kid in it... and Christopher Lloyd.

Seriously. Imagine him with a hammer and a cart full of Tin Cans and Rubbish, and a slingshot.

Here: I expertly photoshopped this picture:

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/cxbcsdfgsds.PNG

Skinkie
03-16-2004, 04:16 PM
You've let me down, now the info cow will have my head... whimper.

SamNMax
03-17-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but KOTOR is better than Grim. And Chrono Trigger rapes both them.

Vote for Chrono Trigger!

P.S: GameSpy sucks

Thrik
03-17-2004, 10:22 PM
I'd shoot you if I knew you. I really would.

Skinkie
03-18-2004, 02:15 AM
He needs a mob on his dorrstep.

Guybrush122
03-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Can I hold the torch?

Yufster
03-18-2004, 10:54 AM
SamnMax.

I respected you before. I might have even loved you.

But you just made Little Tim cry. And nobody makes Little Tim cry.

So I'm afraid I'm going to have to be the one that impales you with the flagpole.

Joshi
03-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Guybrush122
Can I hold the torch?

Just as long as I get the Pitchfork. Nobody, and I mean nobody makes our god Little Tim Schafer cry without getting a pitchfork in the arse!

Yufster
03-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Yeah! What are you, batman or something!? Do you enjoy making Little Tim cry?!

We're gonna break your arms, mister!

SamNMax
03-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Have you even played Chrono Trigger? No. Of cource you haven't. Because if you did, you'd see that I'm right. Grim's a great game, but it's (or Tim's) greatness will never

EVER equal to that of perfection that is Chrono Trigger. Don't belive me? How 'bout you take a look at the pulls and see the truth for yourself.

Yufster
03-18-2004, 10:55 PM
I played Chrono right through to the predictable end.

It was like every other RPG square have made, ever.

Like when people kid themselves into thinking that FF7 was the greatest Final Fantasy. Because of the story. And, man, no RPG or Anime ever had a story like that before.

Your defence is crap. We will now proceed to break your arms.

Alia
03-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Samnmax is joking, right? You know, just trying to get a reaction out of the good people of the world?

.....right?

Skinkie
03-19-2004, 02:22 AM
I too have beaten Chrono Trigger, and while it was enjoyable, it was not nearly the almost sexual experience that Grim is.

SamNMax
03-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by SamNMax
Don't belive me? How 'bout you take a look at the pulls and see the truth for yourself.

Yufster
03-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Just because Star Wars has more fans doesn't make it the better game.

Look at the world when Pokemon raged across it like AIDs. Just because everybody loved Pokemon, didn't mean it was better than Father Ted. But guess which would have got more votes in the TVshowSpy Title Fight?

SamNMax
03-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Are you implying that Pokemon doesn't rule?
Whatever. If you want to say that Grim is better, go ahead. But remember this: Just because the games from Tim, don't declare it the undisputed best game ever.

Like when people kid themselves into thinking that FF7 was the greatest Final Fantasy. Because of the story. And, man, no RPG or Anime ever had a story like that before.

But.. but Ares. ;)

Yufster
03-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Are you implying that Pokemon doesn't rule?

I will now proceed to distrust you. You are a suspicious character, SamnMax. Very, very suspicious.

Thrik
03-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Tim didn't earn our worship just because we love his name, you know.

The fact that he wrote one of the greatest and most memorable games of all time (Grim Fandango) is what got him into his position of immense divinity.

Although we do love his name.

Yufster
03-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Yes, Tim is a pretty swanky name. Not like TPWCS&7M2. Kinda crappy...

Skinkie
03-20-2004, 05:42 AM
The fact that he wrote one of the greatest and most memorable games of all time (Grim Fandango) is what got him into his position of immense divinity.

Actually he wrote several games up in the top of the worship ladder. And he has a website with free action comics every day, and who doesn't like that?

Thrik
03-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Indeed! How could I forget?!

Those comics are like a ray of sunshine in my day - I sit here constantly hitting refresh on the Double Fine website until the latest issue is added. I stare at the screen, urging it to be updated on the next refresh. I wait. I get nervous.

Then, it comes. The next issue. It's a daily adventure of epic proportions.

Joshi
03-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Weirdly enough, we're talking on a Monkey Island forum and yet haven't noted his involvement in those two great games (not as good as Grim, but still better than Chrono)

Sam, I'd suggest you be quite now before we have to go and break your legs as well.

Thrik
03-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Grim's absolute greatness clouds his involvement with other games.

SamNMax
03-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Joshi
Sam, I'd suggest you be quite now before we have to go and break your legs as well.

You're right. I should be quiet because I'm just stating an opinion that's... wrong... apperatntly (Though I don't know how an opinion can be wrong.
And just before you point this at me:
Have you even played Chrono Trigger? No. Of cource you haven't. Because if you did, you'd see that I'm right. Grim's a great game, but it's (or Tim's) greatness will never EVER equal to the perfection that is Chrono Trigger.
Don't belive me? How 'bout you take a look at the pulls and see the truth for yourself.
I didn't think you'd actually think I was serious. Yeah, I think Chrono is supirior, but I don't think it's that good.
There's one thing you people need to know: I'm an angry person.

Skinkie
03-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Angry people often find themselves laying in alleys with their legs broken.

James Isaac
03-20-2004, 03:22 PM
http://www.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/xl6.shtml

Vote here and it might come back as an extra life.

Yufster
03-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Leave SamnMax alone. He's entitled to his opinions...

Oh, Tim says he likes the new Title Fight pole. I think he meant Poll. He was probably too excited with the REAL result of the Title Fight, without all the bribery and such. Or maybe he was upset from being betrayed by SamnMax. Who knows?

Who cares?

Well, evidently, everybody does but SamnMax.

SamNMax
03-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Yufster
I played Chrono right through to the predictable end.

There were multipule endings.

Yufster
03-23-2004, 08:15 PM
I played Chrono right through to the predictable ends.

SamNMax
03-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Heh. I remember one ending that was so ****ing impossible to get. I finnaly got it, and at the end, you got to meet characters based on the development team. They told you what it was like to make the game and stuff. I really don't know if it was worth it.

Skinkie
03-24-2004, 02:33 AM
I'd say.... no.