PDA

View Full Version : Old Jaggy Edges?

Calapuno
03-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Looking at the screenshots for that trite, Mercenaries, I have become more and more shocked at the jagged edges that modern games seem to implement (or at the least not bother to smooth out).

I kinda left the new games scene in '99 after all the newies seemed to just been the same repeatative ****e, and so I just went back to old stuff. Now I can't go into a game shop without seening screenies all looking like this! What the hell is up with 3d graphics?!?

Thrik
03-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Most modern graphic cards come with hardware anti-aliasing. Try turning it on. ::

Although it's totally their fault for not bothering whilst taking their screenshots.

jp-30
03-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Right-ho. So, where's the antialiasing swich on the ps2?

Brushguy
03-15-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't mind jaggy edges, but I DO mind the fact that this new junk is getting more screenshots in the first week than Sam and Max got screenshots in the course of a year. :mad:

Udvarnoky
03-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Brushguy
I don't mind jaggy edges, but I DO mind the fact that this new junk is getting more screenshots in the first week than Sam and Max got screenshots in the course of a year. :mad:

That's because LucasArts went out of their way to not give Sam and Max attention...but it still managed to get it.

Thrik
03-16-2004, 06:18 PM
The PS2 is old. I doubt it can even handle the detail newer games demand and also anti-aliasing. Although I know that some PS2 games have it, you'll probably find them to be less awesome looking.

Either way, PC wins. http://www.thrik.net/stuff/heart.gif