PDA

View Full Version : Hex editing tool?

Weiser_Cain
03-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok so I was going to make a new set of lightsaber hilts, right? I open kotor tool find the file and open it up in the hex viewer to take a peek. Instantly all the horror came flooding back as I recalled mesh after mesh laying at my feet, corrupted beyound repair. Dead. And it was all my fault, all my fault!...
Anyway, I hate hex editing. What I was wondering was if any of you could whip up a tool that automates hex editing?

Fred Tetra
03-16-2004, 05:49 PM
So... are the things you're trying to edit always at the same places (fixed offsets from the beginning of the file)?

Weiser_Cain
03-17-2004, 12:14 AM
I don't know. I'm just trying to change the texture the model's pointing to so that each color sabe has a unique grip.

T7nowhere
03-17-2004, 12:46 AM
From what I have noticed about the Lightsaber models is that the texture are always in different places from each other,but I suppose one model could be used as a template for multiple Sabers.

Weiser_Cain
03-17-2004, 12:57 AM
That's a good idea. just take one saber of each type as a template and allow the user(me) to change the two textures it points to. Maybe even generate all the files needed for a completely new item...

T7nowhere
03-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Well the saber uses the texture 4 time+ 1 for the hilt. double uses it 8 times. but hex editing is real easy it's just amtter of finding the textures and changing them to yours.