PDA

View Full Version : A new look for the girls... [WIP/ Beta Release]

theBlind
03-18-2004, 01:48 AM
Hiho first, IŽm new to this board and to KotOR as well, so sorry in advance.

After some reading here, I found a very interesting thread describing how to change Robes look. Nothing fancy, but it got my interest. (Thanks to T7nowhere - and if you read this, check your PM, please)

Well, after creating my own Jedi Robe with BastilaŽs clothing as basis, I thought about how great this would look if the non-leather parts were removed...

And thats where things went a little overboard and I created, well

[There is slight nudity shown in the following links. If and that is why the links have been removed .]

I got most of the no-clothes models done as well, but I am not yet happy enough with them for a release. Just as well, IŽll keep working on the released ones - expect for Missions because that I find to be near perfect. Nontheless, I am happy to have brought this to beta ready and I could use some encouraging *hinthint*.

Finally, after 19 hours straight, IŽm heading for bed. Sorry for any grammar and/or spelling mistakes :D

cu tomorrow

-theBlind

EDIT: you also need the Bastila model files. They cannot be found here anymore and also go into the Override folder.

shosey
03-18-2004, 01:57 AM
hehe, nice - mission looks good.

Noctambulist
03-18-2004, 03:41 AM
Isn't Mission like 14??? I feel dirty now

Nice work though

shosey
03-18-2004, 04:06 AM
haha, ok I take back what I said now!!!!!

Noctambulist
03-18-2004, 06:01 AM
well ... 14 in Twilek years might be like 18 or something /shrug :)

Jackel
03-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Noctambulist
well ... 14 in Twilek years might be like 18 or something /shrug :)

nope same years as human girls so she is really meant to be jail bait

bad bioware, bad!

theBlind
03-18-2004, 09:08 AM
*cough* Jail bait? What kinda sick pervert would give her an outfit like that then?!? oh... well, nevermind.

Textures coming along just fine

-theBlind

HeDanny
03-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Juahni!! Awww..... SWEEET!! Those pics are great..

I rekon Mission looks great too. Its 'sexy cute', but not over the top.

Definately going to have to try this Mod tho to see that Juahni moving aboot. the fur, dude.. the fur..

theBlind
03-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by HeDanny
Juahni!! Awww..... SWEEET!!
the fur, dude.. the fur..

Yeah, her non-cloths is one of my favs as well. Was hard enough to make the stripes match up as little they do (and match up to the clothing version... they use different mid-maps, thanks Bioware...)

Anyway, IŽm now happy enough with Juhani's texture for a beta release. But the hips area needs some work still. Ah well, today or next week, no time on weekends. And I definatly need to get my hand on something better than PaintShopPro.

And then thereŽs the issue with the boots - with all of them. I want FEET :p (with claws, that is :D )

[I removed the screenshot links due to T7nowheres advice further down. Sometime next week IŽll put up a website containing those screens as well as the downloads. Should any mod come across this, please be so kind and give me a short notice if thats OK - theBlind]

-theBlind

btw: Just in case: You need to drop the EDIT: uncompressed /EDIT files into your Override folder inside. EDIT: See my post further down for more details.
And, more importantly, I forgot two files yesterday. The .mdl files you need for the player skin to work.

HeDanny
03-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Dude thats an awsome job so far.. sure it needs a bit of tweaking but its a great start.

I am not one to really be interested in 'full nudity' myself. I find suggestion more appealing. The way Missions Vest sits just right is a good example.

But the fur on Juahni.. oh my.. just wow..

I assume this nekkid Juahni is for when she has no clothes equipped at all, right? If that is the case I personally would like to see a tad more fur on the front. The back is looking just so good but it contrasts a but with the.. er.. 'bare belly' and the .ahh.. chest area. Both these need to be more striped and furry IMO.

Think the female Wookies.. only (much) shorter hair.

But honestly dude.. awsome start. Keep at it. I am most interested in seeing your 'final results' for this particular mod.

Juahni is definately my fav NPC

Jackel
03-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by theBlind

-theBlind

id check your second link , both link to the front shot not to front and back

messkell
03-19-2004, 05:01 AM
nice progress on the juhani skin so far..the back side has an even balance of fur placement. the front could use some more fur placement to even it out. other than that, good skinning :)

theBlind
03-19-2004, 05:12 AM
Heh, the stuff you find browsing... seems, Bioware had pretty much the same idea with Bastilas clothing as I did - or could it be simply the lighting...?
http://boo.bioware.com/screen_kotor_6_large.jpg

The second Link ist fixed now.

About the furry where and when. Well, actually I thought IŽd make the breast/belly/groin are basicall white fur with longer parts standing out at the sides. That way it would resemble the fur-layout you get on most cats, longer, more colored fur on the back while shorter, sometimes different colored fur on the belly. Maybe a few stripes to run from one part to the other?

-theBlind

messkell
03-19-2004, 05:18 AM
hmmmm, you could be right about the bioware pic...

it looks as if bastila has caught the attention of the 3 elvis jumpsuit duros :)

T7nowhere
03-19-2004, 05:50 AM
I think it's just the lighting. But is it just me or do the Saber colors look much more vibrant in that Screen shot.

Oh and just a word of warning the Mods don't like any direct links of nudity in the Forums. So hopefully this thread won't be deleted, just don't be surprized if it is.

I agree with messkell the back is looks good, but the front still needs work. :)

Goran
03-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I think it's just the lighting. But is it just me or do the Saber colors look much more vibrant in that Screen shot.

Oh and just a word of warning the Mods don't like any direct links of nudity in the Forums. So hopefully this thread won't be deleted, just don't be surprized if it is.

I agree with messkell the back is looks good, but the front still needs work. :)

Oh yeah! those sabers have been touched up a bit.
And so has the contrast/brightness of the image.

Weiser_Cain
03-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere

I agree with messkell the back is looks good, but the front still needs work. :) And to think I didn't release missions new underwear set because I thought it was too much...

theBlind
03-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
And to think I didn't release missions new underwear set because I thought it was too much...
Well, I actually have doubts if I should release my new mission underwear set :D

Jer
03-19-2004, 07:48 AM
*grins* Actually, I think alot of us would like that set. Even if we would feel eternally guilty about looking at it.

btw, the new outfits are awesome. *grins* Much better then the originials in my opinion.

theBlind
03-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Nah, donŽt worry, IŽll release...

Personally, I think IŽll try and do Carth and Canderous as well - the two of them are so cute together, theyŽd make one great yaoi couple :D

"DonŽt worry, Carthy, it happens to the best of us..."
"But..."
"Here, take this stim, itŽll help..."

Well, back to work...

-theBlind

Kieran_Halcyon
03-19-2004, 12:01 PM
This is absolutely great work.

Goran
03-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I can't seem to equip bastila's clothing to my main char without usin a mod. And then when I do, the skin tone is gone, and replaced by blue.

Mission, Bastila, and Juhani al look great, but what about my main char?

Gen. MacArthur
03-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Umm..... sorry for wasting your time and all, but I cant seem to make it work. I downloaded all the files and put 'em in the Override folder, started my game, and nothing changed. Any help would be aprreciated.:(

Gen. MacArthur
03-20-2004, 04:09 AM
:blast10: :blaze6: :tank1: Can I have some help? Please...

Hax0redCardz
03-20-2004, 05:30 AM
They don't work for me either... and I did put them in the override folder and everything :(

Gen. MacArthur
03-20-2004, 05:47 AM
:bored: Come now plz answer my question.:uzi1: :attack2: :launcher: :grnlaz:

Jackel
03-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Gen. MacArthur
Umm..... sorry for wasting your time and all, but I cant seem to make it work. I downloaded all the files and put 'em in the Override folder, started my game, and nothing changed. Any help would be aprreciated.:(

when you say you DLed them and put them in your override folder did you unzip the file first ? or did you just download it and place it directly in your override foldedr ?

theBlind
03-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Sorry for the long delay in my answer.

The files are compressed as .ace - so youŽll need winace (www.winace.com) or maybe winrar (www.rarlab.com), that can handle the .ace type as well.

The uncompressed files then go into your Override directory. I wasnŽt clear about that at first, sorry.

As well, make sure youŽve got the models and the textures as otherwise the stuff wonŽt work for the main character. Those files are compressed, too.

Once I reach a higher version number, IŽll go on and release the stuff as .zip files, but since .ace gives me better compression I was preferring this one.

@progress: Well, IŽm away for the weekend, but IŽve made some progress on friday and I`ll get back to it on monday.

-theBlind

Gen. MacArthur
03-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Thanks very much!:p

Gen. MacArthur
03-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Wait a second.... Do I have to pay $29.00 for those files...:eek:

Gen. MacArthur
03-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Im sorry for being a totale :newbie: . I found the files.