PDA

View Full Version : Female Canderous?

Weiser_Cain
03-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Using Trask as my poor guinea pig. I've been trying to figure out how to completely change the gender of canderous. I've changed the apperence to P_FEM_C_LRG_02 this worked out fine, though I'd like to retexture her a bit so I need that help with copying renaming and getting meshes to point at diffrent textures.
I changed her portrait to po_pfhc2, but it still has trask's portrait, I reloaded and restarted the game but it still is trask, what am I doing wrong?
Also I'd like the head to reflect how evil Canderous is, does that mean I have to edit appearance.2da?

T7nowhere
03-18-2004, 08:57 PM
To do what you want you will have to edit appearance.2da,heads.2da and portraits.2da Im sure you can figure it out :) from there.

Darth333
03-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Will she have a voice as charming as the Pazaak player in this secret area of Taris? "tar_m10ab" only accessible by warping.

:D

Weiser_Cain
03-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
To do what you want you will have to edit appearance.2da,heads.2da and portraits.2da Im sure you can figure it out :) from there.
would that affect games where I already have him in my party?

messkell
03-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Will she have a voice as charming as the Pazaak player in this secret area of Taris? "tar_m10ab" only accessible by warping.

:D

yikes, I recollect that voice...it was a man's deep voice, I think

Weiser_Cain
03-19-2004, 04:05 AM
Oh horror of horrors, I seem to have missed something for while canderous does indeed now sport a female body and walk s/he still seems to have the old battle scared MALE head!

Weiser_Cain
03-19-2004, 04:22 AM
Ok got it, head is no longer disturbing. But, the portrait is still canderous. How do I change that?

messkell
03-19-2004, 04:40 AM
to change the portrait, open up portraits.2da and change the "po_pcanderous" entry in #39 to whichever portrait you want to use.

T7nowhere
03-19-2004, 04:40 AM
you can make new portraits and replace canderous's in portraits.2da.

Weiser_Cain
03-19-2004, 04:47 AM
How do I? I tried but I can't seem to figure it out. Which row do I edit?

messkell
03-19-2004, 05:09 AM
you need to edit line/ row number 39....

change the entry po_pcanderous to whichever other portrait you want to use.

for example, if you wanted to use the second caucasian female
in place of canderous, you would change po_pcanderous to po_pfhc2

all existing portraits are listed under the "baseresref" column.

hope that helps....

Weiser_Cain
03-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Ok things now appropriately wierd. Just one final question if you will...
Hmm this is odd I can't seem to reopen appearance.2da from the override folder...
Anyway I thought I noticed a height row, does anyone know if this really changes the height of the character?

theBlind
03-19-2004, 09:05 AM
You can open edited .2da files with the .2da editor that comes with kotor-tool under File/Open 2da Editor. At least I hope it comes packaged... :rolleyes:

-theBlind

Kieran_Halcyon
03-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Please tell me you'll make this available when you get it complete.

Jackel
03-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
Oh horror of horrors, I seem to have missed something for while canderous does indeed now sport a female body and walk s/he still seems to have the old battle scared MALE head!

had the same problem whrn i turned trask in to a female twilek , was extremely funny to see this green female twilek body and trasks head on top , looks like he had had body replacement surgery

and changing the head will affect characters you have in game, i tried to find Carth a new head so i could use his a player head , it changes when ever you just load up the game and load a save

one thing though , DO NOT give carth bastillas head , its just really disturbing to see a masculine bastilla ...