PDA

View Full Version : Conversations between party's NPCs

Ven
03-21-2004, 12:03 AM
heya

I would like to see all the scenes between the NPCs of your party, but it seems to be random in game isn't it ?
So did a MOD actually exist to see them or provoke them?

Thanks

Tianhou_Zhong
03-21-2004, 12:06 AM
What do you mean by "all the scenes" you want to see all the movies or cutscenes or talking stuff?

Alfrauk
03-21-2004, 12:10 AM
I think he means the conversations that apear between your char and the rest of your party members. Like the tell me more about you things.

Tianhou_Zhong
03-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Talk to all your party more! That's all.

Jackel
03-21-2004, 12:59 AM
im pretty sure he means the convos that happen between NPC's , ie carth and bastilla "so you lost your lightsaber ? isnt there some punishment for that" , mission and bastilla "ever use your power for fun ?"

if so , just walk around with a mix of characters for a while , seems ot happen after a set amount of time , though some characters dont chat at all , T3 and HK dont seem to have conversations with anyone , and there is a few matches that also dont have conversations

Ven
03-21-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
im pretty sure he means the convos that happen between NPC's , ie carth and bastilla "so you lost your lightsaber ? isnt there some punishment for that" , mission and bastilla "ever use your power for fun ?"
Yeah that's these conversations i'm looking for.
thx Jackel :)

Juriel
03-21-2004, 01:18 AM
I had Mission as a permanent fixture in my party from the moment I got her and Juhani as well. The two girls have NOTHING to say to one another, EVER, which annoyed me.

Tianhou_Zhong
03-21-2004, 01:20 AM
The matches I know for now is:
Bastila-Mission
Bastila-Carth
Carth-Bastila
Mission-Zolbaar
These are all I know of.;)

T7nowhere
03-21-2004, 02:51 AM
If you have NWtoolset or a gff editor+TLK editor and alot of patience you can read all the "banter' between your party members.Useing KT(Kotor Tool)What you need is the banter.dlg goto BIFs-->templates-->Dialog-->banter.dlg

tk102
03-21-2004, 02:52 AM
You know, it shouldn't be that hard to create a T3M4 banter mod and include the 'voice' of T3. Heck, you could have a conversation between HK47 and T3M4 in that droid beep language. The captions would have to be enabled though.

Does anyone know how the banter.dlg gets triggered? If it's just a timer function, then creating more banter would just mean adding more entries to the StartingList (along with script conditionals), EntryList, and ReplyList. Am I wrong?

T7nowhere
03-21-2004, 02:57 AM
There is a script that controls it and checks to see if you have certain party members with you, But I don't remember what the script was called. Just one of those things.

HA! I think I found it :) it's called k_bant_trig.nss

It looks pretty straight forward. :) if you wanted to add a new banter.

tk102
03-21-2004, 03:24 AM
I suppose the trick is to find a suitable global variable to tweak so that you don't keep replaying the same dialog over and over. The conditional scripts use booleans, but I would think you could get more mileage from a numeric.

Like some of those used on the Endar Spire -- END_TRASK_DLG, END_CARTH_DLG, etc.

gameunlimited
03-21-2004, 03:25 AM
I had tried to play around with this script and was able to create a new banter without problem. I found it better to create a new dialog instead of editing of the old one and point the script to the new dialog.

tk102
03-21-2004, 03:28 AM
That makes sense -- it's all controlled by k_bant_trig anyway -- no sense in messing with the original banter.dlg.

Zaalbar could throw in some interjections too, I suppose hmm?

T7nowhere
03-21-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by tk102
That makes sense -- it's all controlled by k_bant_trig anyway -- no sense in messing with the original banter.dlg.

Zaalbar could throw in some interjections too, I suppose hmm?

Conversation Interjections are controlled by whateva .dlg a given npc is interjecting in. There are scripts that check to see if a certain npc is in the party. easy stuff to change. :rolleyes: I think. :)

pie_man101
03-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Could you make an npc have a hostile faction in the conversation??
Ex.On the unknown world where you make Zalbaar kill Mission.

And how would you add the actual conversations??

Thnx

tk102
03-23-2004, 12:54 AM
See this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123618) thread.

Panglicar
03-23-2004, 05:53 AM
and there's also canderous ordo - bastila, canderous ordo - carth

Jackel
03-23-2004, 08:48 AM
and dont forget all the banter thats not actually between NPC's but does occur at the desert with the robot guy ...