PDA

View Full Version : New starwars DVD Edition Screens (Spoilers)

Fishflesh
03-21-2004, 09:38 AM
http://www.swfanclub.nl/images/nieuws/ian_palpatine_esb.jpg

*Just before Christmas Ian came into Soho, London to do some ADR for the newly replaced/made scene in ESB. They have ILM'd the antechamber so it's bigger and the whole scene has been reshot (not the Vader close ups) plus a couple of tiny dialogue changes made. Nothing earth-shattering. *

above is the new version, below is the old one.
if been waiting a long time for this.

Compa_Mighty
03-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah, that seemed logical... wonder why they didn't do it in '97.

Eets
03-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Whoah! That's pretty cool! O_O

Who else thinks the top one looks like Willem Dafoe? :P

lukeiamyourdad
03-21-2004, 11:43 PM
http://www.cinemamontreal.com/images/people-290-willemdafoe.jpg

Hmmm interesting...

pbguy1211
03-22-2004, 12:18 AM
*Just before Christmas Ian came into Soho, London to do some ADR for the newly replaced/made scene in ESB. They have ILM'd the antechamber so it's bigger and the whole scene has been reshot (not the Vader close ups) plus a couple of tiny dialogue changes made. Nothing earth-shattering. *

I'm TERRIFIED to see what else they'll do...

darthfergie
03-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by pbguy1211
I'm TERRIFIED to see what else they'll do...
agreed...
I didn't think it was all that bad personally...but the new one is...a little bit too clear...kinda creeps me out.
Oh well...as long as they fix Greedo's pathetic shot in the cantina I'll give him a little slack...if not...well...there's always the option of storming Skywalker Ranch.;)

lukeiamyourdad
03-22-2004, 03:18 AM
Bah. The dialogue changes scare me more then revamping the Emperor. The monkey eyes on an old lady's face was bad...real bad...

By the way, they should fix the "Greedo-shot-first-at-point-blank-range-and-missed" and the damn annoying song at Jabba's palace they put in the SE. The old one was damn better.

Boba Rhett
03-22-2004, 03:25 AM
What. The hell.

Compa_Mighty
03-22-2004, 04:30 AM
Yeah it actually doesn't look like a hollogram anymore... I'm not against them changing the monkey, but they should do it right.

Sivy
03-22-2004, 12:37 PM
i think it looks quite good, an improvement to the ESB emperor that looks nor sounds anything like Ian McDiarmid.
it will probably look better when its actually been completed.

Fishflesh
03-22-2004, 05:18 PM
rember guys this is only a pic the real thing is something els...

i hope the tiny dialogue changes are that thay talk something about the death star 2

Tie Guy
03-22-2004, 09:32 PM
I think he's also in a sort of odd position. I think it will look much better in full motion. It already looks more like the real Emperor.

Billy Shears
03-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Anyone know any of that memory removal stuff from the Jim Carrey movie out now? I want to forget that that top pic exists. NOW.

A wise droid once said:

WE'RE DOOMED.

Darth Homer
03-23-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by NL_Ackbar
remember guys this is only a pic the real thing is something else...

I hope that the real thing is a more convincing Emporer, I don't know who that is, but it looks nothing like Ian McDiarmid. I hope it is just a stand-in for what the final product will look like (as in the reporting agency didn't actually have pics, but photoshopped one of their people into the scene to represent the change).

If this is a real screen, leave it the old way.

and we should start a group to campaign for the removal of Greedo shooting first. We could call it: the Association for Han Shooting First Rather Than Greedo, Please Listen to Us George Lucas (or A.H.S.F.R.T.G.P.L.U.G.L. for short)

Tie Guy
03-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Darth Homer
I hope that the real thing is a more convincing Emporer, I don't know who that is, but it looks nothing like Ian McDiarmid.

You're right, but it looks very close to what the emperor in OT looked like. Palpatine's wasting away, remember? He's not going to look the same after all those years of using the full power of the dark side.

lukeiamyourdad
03-23-2004, 02:35 AM
and we should start a group to campaign for the removal of Greedo shooting first. We could call it: the Association for Han Shooting First Rather Than Greedo, Please Listen to Us George Lucas (or A.H.S.F.R.T.G.P.L.U.G.L. for short)

Let's do it! We're gonna plan a field trip to Skywalker ranch! And if he doesn't listen to us, we'll MAKE him listen to us!

pbguy1211
03-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Showed this to some people at work today. The Concensus was that it sucked. And we even have our suspicions as to whether or not it's even real. Because it looks too fake.
Seeing as how it wouldn't be very hard to make a fake one, we think this may be the case. It looks too hokey, even for Lucas' current tastes. Seriously, the detail and texture to the face is AWFUL.

Sivy
03-23-2004, 10:47 AM

hell yeah! but wyou need a F.F.S at the end, so its

T.A.F.H.S.F.R.T.G.P.L.U.G.L.F.F.S

catchy

Compa_Mighty
03-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I'll join the commitee, organization or whatever that is, it's for a GOOD cause.

Paragon_Leon
03-23-2004, 08:36 PM
i like what they did there, providing it's real.
and before you start shouting blasphemy; i actually grew up on the OT. Went to see Empire as it came out (wasn't interested in movies when Star Wars debuted)..
i always thought those little things would keep you from actually connecting the two trilogies in one take. Now i disagree, thanks to these little changes. Look at the Emperor as he lifts his chin in Jedi; you'll find that he looks quite like this image.

The dialogue is described as 'nothing earth shattering', so don't hold your breath for a Death Star 2 mention.

Fishflesh
03-23-2004, 09:09 PM
whell not realy

http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/personen/pics/palpatine.jpg

http://www.swfanclub.nl/images/nieuws/ian_palpatine_esb.jpg

http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/personen/pics/palpatine1.jpg

can the REAL emperor please stand up! :p

Darth Homer
03-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Is anyone else seeing little red X's?

It may be my work connection as I tried to copy/paste the url & it was blocked :(

lukeiamyourdad
03-24-2004, 12:04 AM
No I can see the images clearly.

STTCT
03-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Why don't we just re-make the entire OT and then they will flow perfectly with the Prequels! Its ingenious!

:mad: :rolleyes: :( :eek: :(

Darth Homer
03-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by STTCT
Why don't we just re-make the entire OT and then they will flow perfectly with the Prequels! Its ingenious!

:mad: :rolleyes: :( :eek: :(

SHHHHH!!! Don't go giving George those kinds of ideas!!

Compa_Mighty
03-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah, please don't.

You know, usually I don't like to criticize Lucas, but remaking the OT could result in the Apocalypse.

Ben Affleck as Han Solo or even this stupid guy that stars the treasure of the Amazon with The Rock as Luke. (He also appears in American Pie).

Vader attacking Han Solo first in Bespin, Vader being re-designed and Qui-Gon's spirit in the Ewok village, which by the way, along with its inhabitants has been completely CG-ed.

pbguy1211
03-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
Vader attacking Han Solo first in Bespin, Vader being re-designed and Qui-Gon's spirit in the Ewok village, which by the way, along with its inhabitants has been completely CG-ed.

Please don't say that that's happening...

darthfergie
03-26-2004, 12:55 AM
so many rumors...so little time.
I think I'll wait till the DVD comes out to let loose my dogs of war...or my balloons of celebration...

lukeiamyourdad
03-26-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah, please don't.

You know, usually I don't like to criticize Lucas, but remaking the OT could result in the Apocalypse.

Ben Affleck as Han Solo or even this stupid guy that stars the treasure of the Amazon with The Rock as Luke. (He also appears in American Pie).

OH THE HORROR! THE HUMANITY! PLEASE OH LORD NO! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Fishflesh
03-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Yeah, please don't.

remember qui-gon has been killed

obi-wan and yoda did die is some special way so thay could become a spirit and talk to pepole while there death

Tie Guy
03-26-2004, 07:07 PM
remember qui-gon has been killed

obi-wan and yoda did die is some special way so thay could become a spirit and talk to pepole while there death

Wrong. Remember, Anikan was there, and he was killed.

Fishflesh
03-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Wrong. Remember, Anikan was there, and he was killed.

there is no proof that the spirit guy standing next to obi-one and yoda is anakin.

Sherack Nhar
03-26-2004, 09:57 PM
there is no proof that the spirit guy standing next to obi-one and yoda is anakin. You're ****ting us right? The actor was Sebastian Shaw, who was credited as Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in the credits. Not to mention he has the exact same face than Anakin's when the mask was removed.

Besides, who ELSE would it be? o_o

Eets
03-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
Besides, who ELSE would it be? o_o

Padme.

After the surgery.

Fishflesh
03-27-2004, 10:38 AM
ok lets say it is anakin , it would make no sense adding qui-gon becose mace windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi and the rest sould be added to then...

lukeiamyourdad
03-27-2004, 04:07 PM
No, they don't and no no one else needs to be added. Those people are the three Jedi that are directly linked to Luke. Why would Mace, who doesn't have anything to do with Luke, be there?

And it IS Anakin. I suggest you watch Ep6 again, look closely to Darth Vader after Luke removes his mask and then look closely to the third blue ghost alongside Yoda and Ben.

Compa_Mighty
03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Of course it's Anakin, and of course Qui-Gon won't be added... I was just kidding about the worst that could happen.

pbguy1211
03-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Of course it's Anakin, and of course Qui-Gon won't be added... I was just kidding about the worst that could happen.

Yeah, I mean... the worst that could happen is George going back and re-doing a lot of the movies. Such as a dance scene in Jabba's palace, and the end of Ep. 6... wait... oh sh*t that wasn't a dream!

Seriously, I'm EXPECTING him to screw it up some more! I'm counting on it quite frankly. He's gotten to damn cute with all his CG and has lost all track of what actually makes a movie. Strong characters and a strong script. Which neither of the past 2 have had. And now he's going back and adding all this cutesy crap in the OT with his CG ****.

Sherack Nhar
03-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Well guys, I hope you're sitting down 'cause you're gonna need a chair. GREAT news (unconfirmed I guess) from IGN DVD:

Ok, there has been a lot of discussion on what exactly we will be getting when we open our silver Darth Vader box on September 21. I've heard so many different things from different people. "they are releasing the original," "they are not changing anything." Could you please tell me what we know for sure. Like, will it be the special edition, or is he defiantly changing it again.

Josh

Andy responds: My understanding is that it's the Special Edition from 1997 with further modifications. The CG that was added in 1997 will be improved, since a few of them were really not that good (Han and Jabba in the dock, for example), and in a rare sign of listening to his fanbase, Han will shoot first again.

Source: http://dvd.ign.com/mail.html

You better be right Andy... my hopes are up now...

Boba Rhett
03-28-2004, 05:52 AM
I was so excited by that, I wet myself thrice. That's the best news I've heard in months! I'm so siked now! :D

darthfergie
03-28-2004, 07:00 AM
whoa...nice find Sher!

Now I'm gonna go out on the town and drink non-alchoholic bevrages all night long and then pretend to be drunk in celebration!

Darth Homer
03-28-2004, 07:17 AM
let the foaming at the mouth commence!!

*wipes chin*

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fishflesh
03-28-2004, 09:58 AM
i hope this is treu

thay realy sould fix his eye's
and i don't think jabba sould be abel to talk english...

http://www4.airnet.ne.jp/rebun/rg/image/pig_image/jabba.jpg

Sherack Nhar
03-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
Rare sign of listening to fans me @$$. I, for one would have prefered them making the decision to putting the original cut of the film from 1977 on dvd.

Oh well, at least Han shoots first again....I guess. Will you stop being so cynical? :P The Special Edition was amazing. The only thing I didn't like about them was Greedo shooting first, and now it appears to be fixed! I couldn't be happier . As long as it turns out to be true, of course.

*crosses fingers*

edlib
03-28-2004, 04:33 PM
I hope they remove Luke's scream when he lets himself fall into the shaft on Cloud City after the saber fight with Vader!!!

That one bugs me almost as much as the Han/ Greedo scene.

But I'll believe all of this when I actually see it.

Sivy
03-30-2004, 10:08 AM
i'm so glad they're changing to back to han shooting first. hopefully they'll also fixed the jabba scene in ANH... then i will truely be happy.

this isn't the first time GL has listened to the fans though... remember when N-SYNC where going to be in Ep II as extras, but GL changed his mind after the outcry. that was a close one.

Compa_Mighty
03-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
Will you stop being so cynical? :P The Special Edition was amazing. The only thing I didn't like about them was Greedo shooting first, and now it appears to be fixed! I couldn't be happier . As long as it turns out to be true, of course.

*crosses fingers*

Same here. As long as the Han thing is corrected, everything's good, everything's fine.

Great news! Hope it's true.

Oh! Chase, remember what I told you about the OT being released in DVD... you'll get it... in a six pack (or special OT pack) in 2006.

lukeiamyourdad
03-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Siv
this isn't the first time GL has listened to the fans though... remember when N-SYNC where going to be in Ep II as extras, but GL changed his mind after the outcry. that was a close one.

WTH?! I can't believe he would even consider that...

Sherack Nhar
03-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Siv
this isn't the first time GL has listened to the fans though... remember when N-SYNC where going to be in Ep II as extras, but GL changed his mind after the outcry. that was a close one. That was a nasty rumor, as far as I know. Some bloke who was pissed off about not seeing Chewie in TPM who made that up, probably >_>

darthfergie
03-31-2004, 03:00 AM
Chase...truth be told...I don't think that there is a majority of us here who went to go see ANH in theaters in 1977...
Myself? I first saw it when I was about 3...all the original versions of course...but I didn't have too long to wait till the THX version came out (when I was like 8 or 9 maybe? somethin like that). It came out to enough acclaim that SE soon came out in theaters and that was an awesome experiance for me and made many of my friends SW fans then and likely made many here SW fans rather than the Original versions.

Tie Guy
03-31-2004, 03:13 AM
Yep, ferg's right on the mark, with me at least.

Sherack Nhar
03-31-2004, 10:07 PM
Let's be real here. Yes, I believe that making a DVD edition of the original movies (as opposed to the SE) is a good idea, however, let's look at it from Lucasfilm's side. You say they would make a lot of money out of it, but I don't think so. Not that much, anyway. They would have to digitally restore the picture twice (one for the SE, the other for the originals) which is an incredibly time-consumming, and therefore costly, process. I'm not sure that the differences between the two versions warrants such a lengthy process.

And of course, just shoving the originals onto a DVD without remastering them would look highly unprofessional, and would make fans even more angry I think.

There's also the fact that Lucas simply doesn't want to have anything to do with the originals anymore. Star Wars is his property, and his vision of Star Wars is what the SE is.

When you take these things into account, you can see why they're not including the originals. It's too bad, but really, the only reason they would include them would be to please a fraction of their fans, and that's often not reason enough for a lucrative company to make decisions like that *points to sig*

Fishflesh
04-05-2004, 05:26 PM
i found some info on some posible changes

Episode IV: A New Hope
01. The Imperial March has been added to Darth Vader's first appearance on Princess Leia's ship.
02. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's Theme plays in the background and then it turns into the Imperial March as he talks about Vader.
03. The lightsaber effects have been redone and the frame jumps of lightsabers being turned on has been removed.
04. There's a new scene which has been shot during the filming of Episode III in which the Emperor dissolves the Senate.
05. In the Cantina, the Duros (green aliens guys) have been replaced with Neimoidians and some aliens from the prequels have been added.
06. The bleeding arm on the floor in the Cantina has been replaced with a non-bleeding arm because it's now canon that lightsabers cauterize wounds.
07. The original shooting scene between Han and Greedo has been restored.
08. Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale.
09. In place of R2 wobbling down the stairs to the Falcon's hangar, a CG R2 navigating the stairs like he does in Attack of the Clones was added.
10. The white boxes around space ships have been removed and new CG shots have been added.
11. The scene of the Falcon being chased by the two Star Destroyers was modified. The Falcon now does spinning moves, avoiding the Star Destroyers' fire.
12. When the Death Star destroys Alderaan there's a new scene of Yoda's reaction to the disturbance in the Force that is created by all those deaths and then it cuts to Obi-Wan reacting to it as well.
13. The Dianoga has gotten a CG makeover and were are now able to see more of the creature.
14. The Death Star's paneling and computers have been slightly altered to show similar displays to those in the prequels.
15. The words "Tractor Beam" with Aurebesh lettering.
16. More stormtroopers have been added to the Death Star.
17. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for use with all the stormtroopers.
18. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel has been spruced up. It is much more epic and there is much more movement. A modified version of Duel of the Fates is being considered for the scene.
19. The Death Star plans that are taken from R2 have been updated. When the Rebels are reviewing the Death Star plans they look similar to the plans we see in Attack of the Clones.
20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.
21. There's a new scene (shot during Episode III) where Darth Vader goes to Coruscant and lands his ship in the same building Count Dooku does at the end of Attack of the Clones. Except now the building is all fixed up and it is now Palpatine's palace. He meets with Palpatine to ask for forgiveness for his failure and inform him of a new potential who is strong in the Force.
22. Chewbacca now gets a medal.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
01. The taun-tauns are now CG.
02. The battle of Hoth is much more epic. We see the Imperial ships land on Hoth and release AT-ATs. The AT-ATs have been sped up a bit. There's a ground battle between the Rebel soldiers and stormtroopers featuring new ships and vehicles.
03. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for the older Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
04. The white boxes around space ships have been removed.
05. The slug monster is CG.
06. Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor. The conversations between Vader and Palpatine is now longer and features a few connections to the prequels.
07. Yoda's face is now animated in CG allowing more expression of emotions yet his movements remain the same. Also two deleted scenes featuring Yoda instructing Luke have been restored.
08. A new scene was shot in which the stormtroopers, after they capture Han, Leia and Chewie, bring Vader the box containing C-3PO in pieces. Vader orders the stormtroopers to bring the broken droid to Chewbacca's cell so that he can fix him.
09. The lightsaber effects have been redone in certain parts.
10. Luke's fall from Cloud City has been reshot against bluescreen using a stuntman.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
01. Jabba the Hutt is now a combination of the puppet and CG.
02. The Rancor is CG and looks disgusting as ever.
03. Yoda is CG. Yoda disappears leaving his clothes behind like Obi-Wan now.
04. The ewoks are now mostly CG and there are a lot more of them.
05. The plan is to insert the love theme Across the Stars when Luke is talking with Leia about their mother.
06. Temuera Morrison's like before is now the voice for Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
07. In the battle of Endor there are thousands of Ewoks and they are more vicious than there midgets-in-suits counterparts. More bite the dust now.
08. White boxes around ships removed.
09. The black blotches around Palpatine's face are gone.
10. Some of the lightsaber effects have been redone. The shadows that the lightsabers made on the floor are gone.
11. During Anakin's death scene it starts with a sad rendition of the Imperial March and slowly evolves into Anakin's Theme.
12. Sebastion Shaw who played Anakin when he was unmasked has been replaced with Hayden Christenson in make-up to make him look older. Anakin has much more dialogue. He apologizes for the destruction he caused, he thanks his son for turning him back to the light, he tells his son to rebuild the Jedi and he says he loves him and his sister. Just before he dies he says, "It is finished...".
13. We see more planets celebrating at the end of the movie. We see an aged Jar Jar, who is now the leader of the Gungans, on Naboo celebrating with the people of Naboo and the Gungans. We see an old Watto, who is now unable to fly, sitting in a hover chair cheering on Tatooine. During these scenes Across the Stars plays transitioning to the victory celebration music at the Ewok tree village.
14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit of Padme by his side.

SE_Vader_536
04-05-2004, 07:03 PM
god thats major... Theyre pretty much destroying the original more than the first special edition. Although i have to admit it connects OT and PT better, there needs to be an alternative as well.

Tie Guy
04-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Sound pretty sweet for the most part. Where did you get this?

Fishflesh
04-05-2004, 08:46 PM
at a dutch starwars site...

but original from theforce.net

lukeiamyourdad
04-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Ugh...I hate most of it...it better not be true...

Billy Shears
04-06-2004, 12:00 AM
There is no way any of that can be true. GL may be out to ruin SW, but it's not that bad. I know I saw that list somewhere and also saw that everything on it was denied.

I'm also starting to have doubts about that Palpatine thing.

Sherack Nhar
04-06-2004, 01:51 AM
That list was old and has been written off as a fake long ago.

The truth is, nobody knows what's REALLY gonna be on the DVD, except the powers that be. We just need to wait aznd find out, and until then let's not be influenced by mere rumors, good or bad!

Tie Guy
04-06-2004, 02:50 AM
That's what i figured. Too bad, i (for one) would like to see some serious revamping to the originals in the name of improvement, though nothing big on the content front, of course.