PDA

View Full Version : Item modding question??

cooneyjwc
04-03-2004, 01:41 AM
I am having a little problem that hopefully you guys can help me with. Okay, I have created my own items and I have the reskins for them. When I use my items in game everything works but... here is the problem. In my inventory screen instead of item pics I have white boxes. I have custom item pics for my inventory screen but how in the hell do I make them appear with my items??? I have gotten this to work with original item pics in the inventory screen but not my custom ones. Can anybody help me out. Thanks guys, later.

T7nowhere
04-03-2004, 02:59 AM
The icon has to have the same number as the model.

cooneyjwc
04-03-2004, 03:55 AM
I tried that and it still didn't work. T7, I sent you a PM telling you what I did, maybe I am entering in the fields or naming the files the wrong way, please take a look and let me know. Thanks again.

cooneyjwc
04-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks T7, I was doing it right, the problem was that two of my icons weren't the right size. All of my other icons worked except my armor and belt. I am working on the armor again to try and make it right. Thanks again for your help. Later.

JedI_XtRmIsT
04-04-2004, 03:08 AM
ok i got a guestion aimed more towards T7 how would i get a custom texture to point to a custom item and not anyother item of the same type for ex i made a custom saber and a custom texture how would i give only my saber the texture?

cooneyjwc
04-04-2004, 05:57 AM
I would like to know how to do that also, I am trying a bunch of different things out and it would be cool to have your custom items link to a custom texture.

T7nowhere
04-04-2004, 06:43 AM
If an item has a model like lightsabers or masks you can open te items model in a hex editor and change the name of the texture to that of yours. There are quite a few post on how to do it. I think one is in the sticky. otherwise just search for custom items or making lightsabers.

cooneyjwc
04-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Thanks again T7, Later.