PDA

View Full Version : What aircraft do you like?

GlobalStrike
04-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Sorry if this is too much like other poll's. :jawa :jawa

Craftsman
04-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Should be fun!

Poggle
04-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Gotta be the tie fighter for me

DarthMuffin
04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
I'd say X-Wing and Tie Fighter.

I don't really like the others, especially the Y-Wing. I never liked Y-Wings in fact... too slow for me.

tFighterPilot
04-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Snow Speeder (I think we all know tfigherpilot's gonna vote for this one.) :D :o ;)

GlobalStrike
04-13-2004, 01:14 PM
I would definitly have to go with Republic Gunship, that baby is loaded down with weapons, like missles, laser beams and rockets. Second, i'd most likley go for the SnowSpeeder. :jawa :jawa

Alegis
04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
I go for the jedi starfighter, the design is smooth..turns excellent..I love that vehicle

Mountainforest
04-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by GlobalStrike
Sorry if this is too much like other poll's. :jawa :jawa

It is, but that doesn't matter, it's fun anyway!

I Like the Repuvlic gunship. The idea of having six people in one ship (I'd like to fly)...

slapshot16
04-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Definitly the Republic Gunship. I mean you got your missles, your troop transport, and still have the laser things. The best. Kinda like the bomber and havoc combined from Tribes 2! :p :p :p

dark jedi 8
04-13-2004, 10:43 PM
the gunship or the Jedi starfighter.

Gukkjo
04-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Tie fighters are just so cool. :tie:

tFighterPilot
04-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Gukkjo
Tie fighters are just so cool. :tie: True

I'll be waiting to fly about every ship (exept maby the impirial shuttle, it doesn't exactly move very good)

DarthMuffin
04-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Gukkjo
Tie fighters are just so cool. :tie:

Ever played Tie Fighter? All this gave me the idea of playing again. It's just the best simulator I've ever played (and it's full of propaganda for the Empire too :D )

Yup, the Tie Fighter will be one of the first I'll try :)

tFighterPilot
04-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Darth54
Ever played Tie Fighter? All this gave me the idea of playing again. It's just the best simulator I've ever played (and it's full of propaganda for the Empire too :D )

Yup, the Tie Fighter will be one of the first I'll try :) Yes, I have this game. Great game

dark jedi 8
04-14-2004, 08:14 PM
vader's advanced tie would be a sweet extra on a map... maybe tatooine or hoth. also a bespin map w/ the falcon and /or slave I would be nice!

joesdomain
04-14-2004, 11:43 PM
My favorites would be Tie Fighter, Imperial Shuttle, X-wing, Y-wing and snowspeeder. My least favorite aircraft would be prequel trilogy aircraft like republic gunship and jedi starfighter.

joesdomain
04-14-2004, 11:46 PM
I would like to see a-wing, b-wing, tie interceptor, tie bomber, and tie advanced in the game also. I also think Droid Fighter, etc. Jedi Starfighter (episode II) and Jedi Starfighter (episode III) should both be in the game in my opinion.

GlobalStrike
04-15-2004, 03:33 AM
I'm guessing that the imperial shuttle will be like the gunship of it's day, a heavy assualt ship. Just a thought. :jawa :jawa

Eagle Warrior
04-15-2004, 11:13 AM
if they had a hunter in this game it would be awsome i hope they include one.l

tFighterPilot
04-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm guessing that the imperial shuttle will be like the gunship of it's day, a heavy assualt ship. Just a thought. :jawa :jawa Not at all!

tFighterPilot
04-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Warrior
if they had a hunter in this game it would be awsome i hope they include one.l Do you mean Z95 Head Hunter? Cuz I don't know what else a hunter is

dark jedi 8
04-15-2004, 05:04 PM
the imperial shuttle was a cargo/transport ship but it did have really heavy shields and a decent armament, but it is damn slow. the imperial landing craft would be a better ship as it is even better shielded, more weapons and as fast as the b-wing. even though the b-wing is still slower than the y-wing.

T10
04-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Republic Gunship all the way! Lasers, missles, troop carrying. Ah, it's just so cool! I like the ball turrets. Composite laser beams rock!

pink lightsaber
04-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
Do you mean Z95 Head Hunter? Cuz I don't know what else a hunter is

He means the enemy hunters from halo. the big blue guys with orange blood. Jeez don't you know anything.:D

Whimseyboy
04-16-2004, 12:22 AM
By the flythrought of geonosis it looks like all the peole that like the Republic gunship will get their wish.

:fett:

kirkazoid25
04-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Republic gunship and X-wing all the way.

:x-wing: :x-wing:

tFighterPilot
04-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by pink lightsaber
He means the enemy hunters from halo. the big blue guys with orange blood. Jeez don't you know anything.:D Not in my neighberhood! This is a Star Wars game!

(yes, I know what a hunter from halo is)

FroZticles
04-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Gunship and tie fighter

Genghis_Khan
04-16-2004, 10:50 AM
My choice would be the X-wing fighter.

I think it looks very cool.

Not sure weather it is a strong ship, cause I've never flown one, but never mind.

Genghis_Khan
04-16-2004, 11:11 AM
pls read Gengis_kan do oyu play age of empires 2 the conqures? (this is just for gengis kan once he answers i will delete this)

Yes. That is where I got this name from.

Unfortunately, I have misplaced my copy of the Conquourers Expansion, but I still have AOE2: Age of Kings.

Eagle Warrior
04-16-2004, 03:56 PM
hi i want to ask one more question do you play on zone.com kan? and if you do what is your name. myn is NaR_berserko so i can put you on zm friends

LukeKatarn
04-16-2004, 07:36 PM
For me it is a tie(not a tie fighter) betwean a Jedi Starfighter and a Clone gunship.

Ultar Terragorn
04-16-2004, 11:24 PM
A basic Tie fighter is just right for me. No extra shield, no hyperdrive, no big weapons but just pure skills :cool:

If you like suicide missions.

tFighterPilot
04-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Well the tie interceptor is better, since it's faster, more agile and shoots faster.

Sabretooth
04-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, actually I like the Imperial Stingers mentioned in my fanfic but I vote for TiEs.

Genghis_Khan
04-19-2004, 03:37 PM
hi i want to ask one more question do you play on zone.com kan? and if you do what is your name. myn is NaR_berserko so i can put you on zm friends

Sadly I cannot access the web on my home PC. :(

I wish I could though.

Darth_Ak4t7
04-24-2004, 05:18 AM
I Choose the Republic Gunship because its just such a cool ship... and plus it does sound preety cool.

boranchistanger
04-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Tie Fighter by far. How can you beat those things? Simple yet sophisticated. Oximoron.

-Boran Chistanger

Evil Dark Jedi
04-26-2004, 05:21 AM
Republic Gunship for pre series and Tie Fighter for the OT.But overall id say republic gunship.

:bdroid2:

Pad
04-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I would have to say the "X-wing" since its always have been one of my favorite airplanes in SW. Im not sure if I´m going to use it in BF, but still ...

GlobalStrike
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I think it would be cool if they added the A-wing, but then again that would be 4 aircraft for the rebels. Hmm, lets see, the rebels have the Y-wing, X-wing and the Snow speeder, the imperials have the Tie fighter and Imperial shuttle and the republic have the Republic gunship and the Jedi starfighter but the separtists have no aircraft so far. They should get either the Droid starfighter or the Geonosian starfighter. :jawa :jawa

Isair
04-28-2004, 05:16 PM
These arn't all the flying vehicles that will be in the game, but out of what we have been given so far, I'd have to say Republic Gunship.

GlobalStrike
04-28-2004, 06:52 PM
They said there are gonna be over 15 vehicles in the game, but that probably means only 16 or 17 in the game. There are already 14 or 15 vehicles known to be in the game. So, there can only be like 2 or 3 more in the game and the separtists need atleast one flying vehicle. :jawa :jawa

Darth_Ak4t7
04-28-2004, 07:52 PM
it would be the droid star fighter, if the geonosians are going to be the NPC army, droids won't be flying thier ships.

Darth_Ak4t7
04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
And plus if its a place like the battle of geonosis or naboo thier won't be any aircraft, if the battles are going to be authentic.

GlobalStrike
04-28-2004, 08:40 PM
There was aircraft at the battle of Geonosis, just not droid aircraft. :jawa :jawa

Nim Namhir
05-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Where is the TIE Interceptor??!!!

I hope this fps will be a TACTIC game...

joesdomain
05-05-2004, 01:42 PM
I am a big fan of the empire so I hope Lucasarts puts the tie fighter, tie interceptor, tie advanced, tie bomber, Imperial Lamdba Class Shuttle in it. I doubt we will see Imperial Lander or Rebel Medium Transport since they have no weapons. I am also a big fan of the Rebel Alliance so I hope the X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, B-wing, and Snowspeeder are in it.

joesdomain
05-05-2004, 01:47 PM
I am a big fan of the empire so I hope Lucasarts puts the tie fighter, tie interceptor, tie advanced, tie bomber, Imperial Lamdba Class Shuttle in it. I doubt we will see Imperial Lander or Rebel Medium Transport since they have no weapons. I am also a big fan of the Rebel Alliance so I hope the X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, B-wing, and Snowspeeder are in it.

Deeo
05-05-2004, 04:47 PM
No need to post twice.

A-Wing probably won't be in it. Come on, it was more of a space superiority fighter. It is way too fast for atmospheric battles and not that heavily armed to be of any use on the ground. Same goes for TIE Interceptor.

My favourite craft would be the X-Wing. Not that fast but fast enough to be agile and can still take a beating. With quad lasers and proton torpedoes it can easily take out ground and air targets without any difficulty.

Prime
05-06-2004, 04:06 PM
The X-Wing was, is, and always will be the best. :)

joesdomain
05-06-2004, 07:17 PM
The reason why the double post was swbattlefront.net server. I tried to post and froze so I tried to post it again. I know it wasn't my server because it is a university and all my other sites downloaded super fast. Back to the question, Tie Interceptor aren't that fast. They have the same speed as X-wings. Plus, many of the Star Wars Battlefront people working on the project in the interviews so far have mention that if you saw the starship or vehicle in the movie then it would most likely be in the game. I can't remember the exact quote or person who said it. If you go to the official website at Lucasarts.com there are lots of interviews.

Deeo
05-06-2004, 09:54 PM
No way Interceptor is as fast as an X-Wing. An A-Wing is about equal with an Interceptor. X-Wing is like a balanced vessel. Not too fast but not too slow. Packs a punch and can take a beating. Interceptor is much more faster. Proven in EU and games.

AndritVoor
05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Im sure there will be patches w/ more vehicles, also, the Rebel trandports did have weaopns. They had 4 twin lasers, but these were taken off for fighters to use

joesdomain
05-06-2004, 11:29 PM
The only way to get a patch for X-box and Playstation 2 version with today's technology is for Lucasarts to offer it via online for the players who have online capabilities. If you don't have broadband connection for PS2 then you can't play at all. I wouldn't have any trouble getting memory cards to save games or internet adaptor to hook to the internet. But I have a 56K modem that is hooked to a phone jack that is at least 25 years old and at best would only connect at 20 or 21K. It is a good thing I am networked with a University network and get broadband connection while at school. I guess I am in trouble once college is over and go back home to my parents. For the record, I am just stating what I have read in interviews that game magazines have done with Star Wars Battlefront workers. It is highly possible that Tie Interceptors are in the game especially since they already mentioned the Lamda Shuttle for the Empire.

Rebel_Leader
05-10-2004, 02:08 AM
I can't wait to fly the Republican Gunship because I think it will be fun to be one of the gunners and not have to worry about flying and being able to justfocus on shooting

Eagle Warrior
05-10-2004, 08:55 AM
i totally agree. you won't have to worry about flying. all you would do it protect the ship. also for a snowspeeder it will be kool just to shoot the harpoon and not have to worry about flying the ship.

tFighterPilot
05-10-2004, 09:05 AM
i totally agree. you won't have to worry about flying. all you would do it protect the ship. also for a snowspeeder it will be kool just to shoot the harpoon and not have to worry about flying the ship. I think I would be the one flying it.

There should be both A-Wing and Tie Interceptor, as both were in the battle of endor. There were B-Wings there also, but they aren't as importent.

Eagle Warrior
05-10-2004, 09:08 AM
the b-wings would just bomb the enemy troops and take out buildings of the enemy. remember that there will be droids. i wonder what they will have to do to take out a :atat: (if there are going to be droids in this battle)

tFighterPilot
05-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Easy, it won't happen. Droids will never fight an AT AT

B-Wing isn't a bomber, it is a fighter.

Wai_TungLeung
05-10-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure, but at the moment I would say the Y-wing since I have a thing for old vintage fighters. I would like to see a version of the Y-wing with space for two pilots one handling the flying and firing with the other taking care of the ion cannon. I think most versions of the Y-wing are bombers as well.

About the TIE interceptor, from an early interview a person said that the Interceptor may not make it to the released version of the game because it is very similar in function to the TIE fighter, therefore there has to be significant difference for it to be included. However it is with little doubt that the interceptor will be avaible through other means like patch/expansion/mod.

Eagle Warrior
05-10-2004, 12:58 PM
o ya forgot b-wing is the fastest ship it was the y-wing i was talking about. he can bomb the troops.:p

tFighterPilot
05-10-2004, 02:13 PM
o ya forgot b-wing is the fastest ship it was the y-wing i was talking about. he can bomb the troops.:p Wrong again, the A-Wing is the fastest

GlobalStrike
05-10-2004, 04:43 PM
That's right, the A-wing is probably one of the fastest ships in the star wars universe, if not the fastest. I read it's even faster that the TIE intercepter . :jawa :jawa

Eagle Warrior
05-11-2004, 07:34 AM
yes im wrong again i got confused that day. i probably was sleepy.:o (it also seems like that the jedi starfigeter is faster in rebel strike):D

DutchTiran
05-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Well I'm certainly going to be the pilot of the über REPUBLIC GUNSHIP. It is the best fantasy-vehicle ever created. But I just hope the pilot can shoot the rockets and not some gunner. The gunners should only have the green lasers.

About the 'missing' vehicles: I think the developers will save some for an expansion.

Glaive v.1
05-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Well i like the Republic Gunship, all the missiles and stuff, but the jedi starfighter does have more manoverability so i'll go with that.

Eagle Warrior
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
i like the republic gun ship. it is the best ship with a load of weapons and space to carry people

GlobalStrike
05-14-2004, 03:33 AM
OK, here are all the vehicles for battlefront, including ground (just for the count).
Republic Gunship
Jedi Starfighter
Droid Starfighter
Tie Fighter
Imperial Shuttle
X-wing
Y-wing
Snowspeeder
AT-AT
AT-ST
Speeder Bikes
AT-TE
Hailfire Droid
Homing Spider Droid
Armored Assault Tank
Tauntaun
Like i said before, just a recount. One idea that maybe usful if you're playing as the Republic is to take a Republic Gunship with about 2-3 Jetpack troopers and sneak behind enemy lines and capture spawn points. :jawa :jawa

GlobalStrike
05-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Here's another vehicle, on a screenshot at ign.com (http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/617/617665/img_1948649.html) , showing a wrecked Gian Speeder. :jawa :jawa

tFighterPilot
05-15-2004, 06:19 AM
OK, here are all the vehicles for battlefront, including ground (just for the count).
Republic Gunship
Jedi Starfighter
Droid Starfighter
Tie Fighter
Imperial Shuttle
X-wing
T-wing
Snowspeeder
AT-AT
AT-ST
Speeder Bikes
AT-TE
Hailfire Droid
Homing Spider Droid
Armored Assault Tank
Tauntaun
Like i said before, just a recount. One idea that maybe usful if you're playing as the Republic is to take a Republic Gunship with about 2-3 Jetpack troopers and sneak behind enemy lines and capture spawn points. :jawa :jawa WTF is T-wing?

lonepadawan
05-15-2004, 07:42 PM
If you look at your keyboard you may notice T and Y are very close together. Draw your own conclusions.

And if you'd ever played the X-wing series you'd know what a T-wing was anyway.

GlobalStrike
05-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Sorry about that, i'm gonna go fix it now. :jawa :jawa