PDA

View Full Version : Objectives

Mountainforest
04-13-2004, 05:53 PM
If there are objectives to acomplish, it would be interesting to know what they are.

Of course finding out what the obiectives are is easy for planets like Hoth, because there was a battle there, but Kamino would be difficult because there was only a duel between Jango and Obi Wan.

But that doesn't matter. This thread is for all planets (including the easy ones). Because you could have secundairy obiectives, like cutting power to turrets, we haven't seen in the movies.

Ultar Terragorn
04-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Kamino is somewhat special because there are surely alot of places that we didn't have a chance to visit in the movies. I think that we will play in outdoors and indoors areas so the cloning facility could be the main objective to protect. Secondary goals could be to defend some high ranked Kaminoans and to avoid that to many landing platforms fall to the hands of the droides.

slapshot16
04-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Are the maps even objective based? I thought it was a kill them all kinda deal.

StormHammer
04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
I would definitely prefer objective-based combat. The objectives in Enemy Territory are pretty well thought out - capture spawn points so you spawn closer to the next objective, blow walls, repair pumps to drain water, build barriers and command posts, then hit the primary objective - blow up the fuel dump, capture the gold, destroy the rail gun etc.

It makes for far more interesting play, because you are all focused on trying to complete objectives (or defend them) in order to progress through the level. It gives a great ebb and flow to the fighting, and a deeper sense of satisfaction.

If it's just a Free For All with no guidance, then the game would not be as appealing to me. It would basically be Team Deathmatch, and while that can be exciting for a while, it would soon become boring.

Basically, I would want Battlefront to go the next step further than Siege mode in JA.

Mountainforest
04-13-2004, 08:45 PM
I actually just assumed they were obiective based.
Could also be like bf1942, were you have to capture controll points.

The discription of the planets sugests that you have to fight your way to THE place (like the royal castle on Naboo).
So I think that you'll have obiectives (like capture the bridge).

tFighterPilot
04-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm pretty sure they are ALL objective based.

Mountainforest
04-14-2004, 03:43 PM
It's strange.
Saying what kind af game it is would be the first thing to do for Lucasarts.
Still I don't recall reading about this topic anywhere.

Just hoping they will be obiective based...

Gukkjo
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
This should clear things up: (from,of course, ign.com (http://pc.ign.com/articles/492/492187p1.html))
There are two major modes of play, the traditional Skirmish, which lets players simply dive in and play in any planet with no particular direction, and Galactic Conquest Mode.

you can have goals to accomplish in Galactic Conquest, or just have a free for all with Skirmish.

Mountainforest
04-16-2004, 12:22 PM
We already knew the game would be stragical, but I didn'r read something about obiectives in the article.

DarthMuffin
04-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Objectives are the only way this type of game can be fun (IMO). If you're just there to kill, I don't see the point :)

And I agree with Storm. It should be like a way better JA Siege, but with more versatility (i.e. the map is not seperated into multiple sections, and perhaps there could be multiple ways of achieving certain goals).

And, of course, no Jedi! Bring the stormies :D

tFighterPilot
04-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Darth54
Objectives are the only way this type of game can be fun (IMO). If you're just there to kill, I don't see the point :)

And I agree with Storm. It should be like a way better JA Siege, but with more versatility (i.e. the map is not seperated into multiple sections, and perhaps there could be multiple ways of achieving certain goals).

And, of course, no Jedi! Bring the stormies :D Battlefield had no objectives.

Milan L
04-16-2004, 04:29 PM
I hope there are some objectives. maybe one objective 'kill 30 clone troopers or something', but I hope there are some things worth to fight for. otherwise everybody would either be an assault unit or a sniper. It would be nice if some classes have an advantage capturing objectives, which will make players being them.

tFighterPilot
04-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Milan L
I hope there are some objectives. maybe one objective 'kill 30 clone troopers or something', but I hope there are some things worth to fight for. otherwise everybody would either be an assault unit or a sniper. It would be nice if some classes have an advantage capturing objectives, which will make players being them. Killing is never an objective!

Mountainforest
04-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Milan L
I hope there are some objectives. maybe one objective 'kill 30 clone troopers or something', but I hope there are some things worth to fight for. otherwise everybody would either be an assault unit or a sniper. It would be nice if some classes have an advantage capturing objectives, which will make players being them.

I agree, a good example is jedi academy, where tech's can hack stations to get a door open.

Eagle Warrior
04-16-2004, 08:14 PM
there is no objectives from what i heard unless they use the battles objectives fromt he movies for example hoth and endor. i think it will just be kills. one objective you can call it is to destroy the enemys base or capture respawn and check points

Milan L
04-17-2004, 10:55 AM
There are different game types, from which some of them could have objectives (galactic conquest or something like BF 1942) and some don't (skirmish). but I'd like playing the first type more.

tFighterPilot
04-17-2004, 11:25 AM
The objectives will be the same in conquest mode and normal mode

Milan L
04-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
The objectives will be the same in conquest mode and normal mode

So you mean that there are some objectives, also in skirmish mode.

StormHammer
04-18-2004, 05:19 PM
My understanding is that 'Skirmish' mode is simply playing one map. Galactic Conquest mode is playing all the maps in a campaign until one side captures all the planets.

The maps themselves are probably exactly the same.

This is not dissimilar to playing Enemy Territory, where you can play a single map (in Objective mode) or a series of maps (in Campaign mode). The objectives do not change on each individual map.

Gukkjo
04-18-2004, 07:12 PM
I thought that skirmish mode was just pick a map and kill the enemy. Galactic Conquest on the other hand, you fight on many different maps with objectives to accomplish. to win that map, you have to complete your objectives before the opponent completes theirs.

tFighterPilot
04-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Well, you're wrong

That's why you should read the articles

Mountainforest
04-18-2004, 08:10 PM
the question what this thread is al about is what those objectives are.
I think the hot map will have two stages:
stage 1, Imperials will use vehicles to take out the main rebel defenses. The objectives here could be something like ""destroy the ion cannon" (multiple aproches possible: Do it with vehicle fire or infiltrate it's comand center and blow it up from the inside).
stage 2, Indoor combat, were the Imperials have to take out several areas (like in JA siege) and stop the rebels from fleeing (destroy the main hanger).

tFighterPilot
04-18-2004, 08:13 PM
First of all, it's hoth, not hot, it's cold. Second of all, the main objective HAS to be to destroy the Shield Generator!

Mountainforest
04-18-2004, 08:18 PM
well, I think the main obiective should be to destroy the base itself, but the shield generator should somewhere in the obiectives.

Has anyone more ideas about other planets?

tFighterPilot
04-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Endor, deactive the deathstar's shield

StormHammer
04-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Here are the objectives as I see them...

Hoth - Capture Mr. Whippy for an ice cream
Tatooine - raid the Mos Eisley Cantina's cellars to get plastered
Naboo - find and kill Jar Jar, then place his head on a spike
Kamino - drop a giant sponge to mop up all that water
Geonosis - use a fly swatter to kill the leader of the hive
Endor - win the Ewok-flinging competition

On a more serious note - it's really anyone's guess what the objectives will be. If Lucasarts actually gives out a bit more information on this aspect during E3, then at least we will have a better idea of how the maps will play out.

At least the command map shown as part of the HUD in some of the trailer seems to indicate there are key objectives that have to be completed in order to win a map. Having said that, there is also a score for each team displayed - so maybe it is simply a matter of the first team to reach a particular score to determine the winner.

Mountainforest
04-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I don't think it will be anyone's guess what the objectives will be.
We've seen 5 star wars movies and we know the game is based on the movies.

Hoth, Endor, Naboo and Geonosis are probably the most simple ones.

On hoth we know the Imperials are the atacking team, and their main objective is to blow the rebel base.

On Endor the Rebels are the ataccking team, and they need to deactivate the Deathstar Shield.

On Naboo The droidarmy is the atacking team, they need to capturee the palace (I guess that includes both vehicle and man combat).

On geonosis the Republic is the atacking team, and I think they need to take out all the starships within a surden time (I'm not sure about that).

Darth_Ak4t7
04-25-2004, 02:37 AM
Well it says that Galactic Conquest mode or whatever, will be a defend and attack type of scenario so it would be obvious in endor and hoth. In places like Yavin you would have to do somthing like defend the transports as they get away that kind of stuff.

Deeo
04-25-2004, 08:49 AM
I remember reading how Galactic Conquest is very similiar to Enemy Territory's campaign mode. At the end of the Conquest mode, the side with the most planets captured is the one that wins I believe.

Evil Dark Jedi
04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Theres one mode for objectives and one mode for no objectives.

:bdroid2:

StormHammer
04-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
Theres one mode for objectives and one mode for no objectives.

:bdroid2:

Do you have a source to confirm that? All I've heard so far is there is a Galactic Conquest mode and a Skirmish mode - but there have been few details of what the Skirmish mode entails, and the assumption is that it is simply a single map to play, rather than all maps, as in Galactic Conquest.

Mountainforest
04-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Well, it seems we know very little about this topic. I'm wondering when lucasarts starts gives some information about it.

Isair
04-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Doesn't the game work like this? Every planet has multiple battlefields, in each you must capture certain points and maintain them to gain control of that particular area. Eventually when all battlefields are claimed, the planet is too.

Mountainforest
04-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Isair
Doesn't the game work like this? Every planet has multiple battlefields, in each you must capture certain points and maintain them to gain control of that particular area. Eventually when all battlefields are claimed, the planet is too.

I believe there are 15 maps and 10 planets, so what you're saying isn't the case.

Isair
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah I suppose so, I wonder when more info will be given about this particular topic.

tFighterPilot
04-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Or any info at all for that matter...

GlobalStrike
04-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by jasperw

On geonosis the Republic is the atacking team, and I think they need to take out all the starships within a surden time (I'm not sure about that).

The objectives for Geonosis might be something like Do not let Dukoo escape to his private hanger. :jawa :jawa

Eagle Warrior
04-29-2004, 08:57 AM
how woulkd that work the droids would be fighting the clones and if there is anikin yoda and obi-wan inthe game chaseing duko where whouyld you get peole to chase him. and i think jedi only are for bonus points not objurectives i think you will have to just kill no objurectives.

unless!!! there will only be two sides in a game like the droids vs rebel like that then it would be able to do objectives but all four fighting where woudl the droids fit in in hot

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://planetthinktanks.com/about-demo.asp)

Mountainforest
04-29-2004, 03:08 PM
I see multiple possibility's. It could be a fight for the planet. In that case you have to capture control points like in battlefield 1942.

Or the republic needs to take out all the starships before they leave.

I doubt the capturėng docuu is your main obiective. You need only a few persons for that, not all those vehicles (remember: geonosis is a vehicle map).

Isair
04-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Yes and if the objective was just to capture dooku it'd be far too easy with entire armies.

GlobalStrike
04-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Dukoo as an objective was just a guess. Besides, even if that was your objective, the republic would be be up against two parties, the separtist and the geonosians, making it tougher to complete. :jawa :jawa

Mountainforest
04-30-2004, 12:28 PM
The seperatist and geonosians are part of the same army, the droid army. (actually, that maybe isn't the case. It could be geonosians are nps's asisting the droidarmy, like the ewoks on endor)

Eagle Warrior
04-30-2004, 05:38 PM
and on konimo you can have the clones have the advantage.

GlobalStrike
05-01-2004, 01:53 AM
The seperatist and geonosians are part of the same army, the droid army. (actually, that maybe isn't the case. It could be geonosians are nps's asisting the droidarmy, like the ewoks on endor)

Having the Geonosians as npc's is exactly what i said jasperw. :jawa :jawa

Isair
05-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah besides the droid armies only consist of.....droids. The Geonosians simply aided them on thier home planet. It'd make sense if they were non playable.

Eagle Warrior
05-04-2004, 07:36 PM
i think there will be bonuses on each mapthat if you are this then oyu get this bonus and if you are this you get this bonus. already we know 2 the genosisons and the ewoks:ewok:

Mountainforest
05-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Ah, new information. We know now how kamino's gonna look like (mostly outside) and we also know that this cannot be the kamino in the second movie (there wasn't a big fight going on there).
So Kamino is one of the planets from star wars III, wich means the seperatist will probably will try to destry the base, or to take it over (and I think they will succeed, the empire doesn't has clone troopers anymore).

The Seperatists will be the atacking team, and they probably have to reach the comand center or main hall or something to lay a bomb.

But it is also possible that both parties will fight for the place, in that case kamino could be very like maps in bf1942, where you have to occupie surden points.

I'm already curious what the other planets will be like...

GlobalStrike
05-20-2004, 06:06 PM
The empire still has clone troopers, there just called stormtroopers. :jawa :jawa

yaebginn
05-20-2004, 06:18 PM
not uh, stormtroopers are regular people in a suit. not clones.

Mountainforest
05-21-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn
not uh, stormtroopers are regular people in a suit. not clones.

Exactly, so what I'm trying to say is that the seperatist probably destroy Kamino in star wars III, otherwise the Imps would have clone troopers.

tFighterPilot
05-21-2004, 08:32 AM
not uh, stormtroopers are regular people in a suit. not clones. That has not yet been proven.

yaebginn
05-21-2004, 01:30 PM
yes it has been proven. many, many times in the books, but many people dont think the books are as real as the movies, so I'll skip those. If you want to know the book references, i got alot. In a new hope, the stormtroopers have different voices. not all are the same voice. han and luke, they were different heights, yet no one besides Leia called him on that. Not any of the officers. If they were all clones, someone would have said something about his height or lack thereof. Han when he was talking to that guy on the comm in the prison block. He sounded different than jango fett, so how come the guy didnt notice that he didnt sound the same as very single clone? Cause they are different. Um, what else? Clones are taught to serve their leader no matter what, thats why the clones are so brave. How come stormies were running for their life down the halls of the 2nd Death Star? Hm? That last one's a far throw, but still plausible. They are taught to fight to the end and all, but they ran. And there are often tales of people who used to be stormtroopers but defected to the rebels, how come they dont look the same as jango? hmm. Until you can present some facts or at least anything considered to be a rational explanation, I believe I am right.

tFighterPilot
05-21-2004, 01:47 PM
No, all that is because the sequels were made before the prequels.

Mountainforest
05-21-2004, 03:20 PM
this is a very interesting discussion, but this has nothing to do with objectives

yaebginn
05-21-2004, 03:24 PM
It doesnt matter. If they were clones, Lucas would've said something about it in the prequels to cover his 'mistake' but its not a mistake becasue they're not clones. please try better next time.

tFighterPilot
05-21-2004, 03:32 PM
End of Ep2, looking at the clones with the Imperial march at the background. Begun the clone wars has! Tam tam tatam tam tatam tam tatam tatatatata tam tam tam tam tatam tam tatam tam tam tam tam tatatatam tatam tam tatatatam tam tam tam tam tam tam tatam tatatatata tam tam tam tam tatatatam tam tam tam tatatatam tam tam tam tam tam tam tam tammmmmmmmmmmmm... dada dadadadada da da dadadada daaa dadada da da da dadada dadadam dadadam dam dadadadam dam

I think I got carried away...

yaebginn
05-21-2004, 03:44 PM
thats the clone wars, and the people are still the republic. they aren't called stormtroopers, they are called clone troopers. and it plays the imperial march because you can see the corruption and that they'll be used to split the republic in two. You can see the evil of palpatine. No doubt that they are like stormtroopers, you can see where the stormies evolved from, but they are not one in the same. and reall? you use a song to say that they are the same? you're an odd one. a song, jeez. Carrie Fisher was in the blues brothers movie, does that mean she's going to bust a move in return of the jedi? NO! Mark Hamil did broadway, does thst mean he going to sing and dance and twirl his lightsaber around? NO!

tFighterPilot
05-21-2004, 03:46 PM
LMAO, I have no idea what you are talking about :D

yaebginn
05-21-2004, 04:08 PM
you said that it playd imperial march at the end of ep2, that has nothing to do with why you think they are stormtroopers. oh, and about objectives. I bleieve you have to capture a number of outposts and take over all of them. like, imps have five, rebs have five, and you have to take over the all the outposts.

Mountainforest
05-21-2004, 04:17 PM
I think (if that means anything to you two), that the seperatists destroy Kamino in episode two. That would explain two things:
1) Why there is a battle of Kamino in the game, there isn't one in episode II (except the little conflict between obi-wan and jango fett, but there were no clone's or droids evolved there)
2) Why the Imps don't have clone troopers (if they don't, I believe so).

So IF Kamino is destroyed, tFighterPilot is wrong, otherwise yaebginn is wrong.

Place your bets...

BTW Kamino could also be the first testobject for the Deathstar, you never no...

tFighterPilot
05-21-2004, 04:50 PM
I think (if that means anything to you two), that the seperatists destroy Kamino in episode two. That would explain two things:
1) Why there is a battle of Kamino in the game, there isn't one in episode II (except the little conflict between obi-wan and jango fett, but there were no clone's or droids evolved there)
2) Why the Imps don't have clone troopers (if they don't, I believe so).

So IF Kamino is destroyed, tFighterPilot is wrong, otherwise yaebginn is wrong.
No quite, the Stormtroopers can just be rather old, maybe they don't age.

yaebginn
05-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Huh? If it doesnt get blown up, they're still not clones. I gave all these facts and he says 'its in a song' he has the brains of a goat, no offense.

BurnsU
05-21-2004, 07:48 PM
I can see you arent on top of the news and facts of Episode 3.

Kamino WONT be in episode 3.

lukeiamyourdad
05-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Stormtroopers DO age faster then regular people. So by the time of the OT they would be all dead.

Besides, I think it got too costly for the Empire to produce clones.

yaebginn
05-21-2004, 08:12 PM
exactly! People who write fanfiction often think that they are clones, but they arent. I mean, I read the novels religiously and i get frustrated when I find someone who acts like they know it all, when they dont. Im not saying I know it all, but I am pretty close. If only I could use the part of my brain focused on star wars for useful knowledge.

Milan L
05-22-2004, 04:52 AM
Is this thread about objectives or about the aging rate of stormtroopers?

tFighterPilot
05-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Huh? If it doesnt get blown up, they're still not clones. I gave all these facts and he says 'its in a song' he has the brains of a goat, no offense. WTF I didn't say It's in the song....

And you have a brain of a goat, no offence

Mountainforest
05-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn he has the brains of a goat, no offense.

Originally posted by tFighterPilot And you have a brain of a goat, no offence

:D

tFighterPilot
05-22-2004, 11:22 AM
w00t! That's amazing, both offense and offence are legal words! It's like color and colour!

yaebginn
05-22-2004, 07:34 PM
I dont like building inspectors, always raining on my parade.

tFighterPilot
05-23-2004, 07:41 PM
There most probably won't be any objectives, rather it will be Battlefield style :(

modem7
05-24-2004, 12:11 PM
i just hope there is siege in battlefront

Mountainforest
05-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by modem7
i just hope there is siege in battlefront

There won't be siege, or at least, it won't be called that way. The question is: Will it be objective based (siege like) or will it be bf1942 based (checkpoints)?

Revlt Coranier
05-24-2004, 05:51 PM
I believe there are 15 maps and 10 planets, so what you're saying isn't the case.

You may very well be right, but I think I read in an interview with a Lucasarts employee that there are ten planets with two battlefields each.

tFighterPilot
05-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Revlt Coranier
You may very well be right, but I think I read in an interview with a Lucasarts employee that there are ten planets with two battlefields each. Not every one of them, some only have one map.

Milan L
05-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Can we please get to the point? from the outside, this looks like a very good thread (3 pages), but that's only because people are talking about the number of battlefields on each planet and the aging rate of stormtroopers. I do not think jasperw ment this thread to be this way.

tFighterPilot
05-25-2004, 02:41 PM
2 pages fool

Mountainforest
05-25-2004, 03:02 PM
2 pages fool

It depends on your settings, it could also be 10 pages for some people...
:D

Eagle Warrior
05-25-2004, 04:16 PM
how do you see 10 pages?

lukeiamyourdad
05-25-2004, 07:38 PM
In the options, you can choose the number of posts per page you want to see.

yaebginn
05-25-2004, 09:48 PM
tfighterpilot, sorry for saying you had the brains of a goat. I'm normally even-tempered, but when i debate, I get all competitive and see anyone with wrong facts inferior and dumb. while in fact, you are not dumb or inferior. my apologies.

tFighterPilot
05-26-2004, 12:48 PM
^_^

Mountainforest
05-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Why does it always happen to me. In "what makes battlefront unique" people are discussing if the mod or the game is better. Can't they post that kind of stuff in the sliced tauntaun, and keep on the topic here?

tFighterPilot
05-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Suicide is the only answer

Mountainforest
05-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Suicide is the only answer

I guess you mean the people who are forgetting the topic :D

tFighterPilot
05-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Take it however you like.

Mountainforest
05-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Take it however you like.

I will.

And if the people who captured this thread don't mind, I have also something to say about the topic (scroll back two pages):
I think Kahyyyk will be one of the extra planets, and there the Imperials will be the atacking team. They have to take over the planet, so this one could be like bf1942 maps.

On endor, the rebels have to destroy the shield (you probably already know ;) ) So a bf1942 map won't fit there. This map is probably objective based to, however I'm wondering how it should be done. For the Imps it won't be difficult to defend: just put the whole army for the doorstep. Some peolpe have ideas about this?

yaebginn
05-26-2004, 06:09 PM
I dopnt agree with the imps attacking kashyyyk. I think it will be a republic/droid only because kashyyyk was never in the originals and is in ep3.

tFighterPilot
05-26-2004, 07:32 PM
I dopnt agree with the imps attacking kashyyyk. I think it will be a republic/droid only because kashyyyk was never in the originals and is in ep3. I agree, aspecially since Kashyyk is in all the prequals games (Clone Wars, KOTOR and Republic Commando)

Mountainforest
05-27-2004, 12:40 PM
you're right, in that time the empire is still the republic.

Milan L
05-27-2004, 03:34 PM
On endor, the rebels have to destroy the shield (you probably already know ;) ) So a bf1942 map won't fit there. This map is probably objective based to, however I'm wondering how it should be done. For the Imps it won't be difficult to defend: just put the whole army for the doorstep. Some peolpe have ideas about this?

There could be some nice rebel sniping by putting everybody for de doorstep, not to mention a thermal detonator!

Mountainforest
05-30-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't believe in objective based maps anymore. Have you seen the holo-emitters on various screenshots? I think those are the counterparts of flags in battlefiels 1942. That suggests the gameplay would be simmilar to.

tFighterPilot
05-30-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't believe in objective based maps anymore. Have you seen the holo-emitters on various screenshots? I think those are the counterparts of flags in battlefiels 1942. That suggests the gameplay would be simmilar to. It has been confirmed that it is like battlefield

That's what happen whe YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME! :mad: