PDA

View Full Version : Fill my hole

ptdc
04-23-2004, 12:16 PM
So I recently unexpectedly passed my driving test. I'd been worrying about it since September and it had given me something to work towards. But now that I've passed, there's a gap in my life and I feel like I need a new goal. So, any suggestions? Also, has anybody else achieved anything recently?

DrMcCoy
04-23-2004, 12:38 PM
argl... i've got no money for a drivers license...

and concerning goal:
i've programmed a mod (these music-thingies)-player half a year ago and it works!
(unfortunately it takes far too much cpu, so it's rather a drawback... :p)

Isak
04-23-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm going to record a demo with my band soon...

ptdc
04-23-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm working on a mp3 player at the moment using python, but I'm running into some problems with the modules. I did write one with delphi about a year and a half ago. I could probably do what I want to if I was just developing for windows or linux/bsd/etc but I'm trying to make it cross platform.

Zoom Rabbit
04-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Worthy goals? Uhm...

1. Write a book
2. Publish a book
3. Get Janet Jackson pregnant
4. Get Michael Jackson pregnant
5. Change your warbdrobe
6. Change your paradigm
7. Change your underwear

:dozey: The life goal I'm currently working on is the pursuit of the perfect cheeseburger. It's a culinary thing.

ptdc
04-23-2004, 10:02 PM
I thought about writing a book. Perhaps reading one would be easier, and a goal since I don't do it as often as I'd like. Underwear, now that's a tricky one.

SamNMax
04-24-2004, 12:27 AM
My goalis to make the world a better place. So I'm currently painting strangers houses in the middle of the night and planting trees in the middle of traffic. I figure the earth needs more kind people these days.

Skinkie
04-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by SamNMax
My goalis to make the world a better place. So I'm currently painting strangers houses in the middle of the night and planting trees in the middle of traffic. I figure the earth needs more kind people these days.

This is the best advice I've heard in teh last five minutes.

Zoom Rabbit
04-24-2004, 10:40 AM

:max: I love it! I'm doing this and more, starting tonight...

Joshi
04-24-2004, 06:09 PM
A goal, hmm, Oh, I know, how about a Lego version of Melee Island!

What?

Okay fine, plant the stupid tree, see if I care.

My goal at the moment is to wake up tomorrow and eat a hard boiled egg. It's small, but it's optomistic.

DrMcCoy
04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

4. Get Michael Jackson pregnant

?
O_o

i think he's to busy trying to get small boys pregnant...

SamNMax
04-25-2004, 08:20 PM
MICHAEL JACKSON DID NOT MOLEST THOSE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He made love to them

DrMcCoy
04-25-2004, 08:36 PM
He made love to them

yeah, and bankrobbers don't steal, they just "borrow"... :p
and SCO don't lie, they just "told the facts a little diffrent"...

JofaGuht
04-26-2004, 06:43 AM
I find long-term goals are similar to New Year's Revolutions. So you're probably better off with a hobbie. Say collecting food stamps. Or drugs.

Or making up a new long-term goals every single day then wasting them. That works well for me.

ptdc
04-27-2004, 07:20 PM
I have too many hobbies for my limited time, resources and attention span. Tomorrow I plan to visit a wax museum. That can be my long term goal. Today I cleaned my car, that was my goal for today, I guess I can die happy, or at least with all my goals reached ;)

Skinkie
04-27-2004, 10:46 PM
I wish someone would clean my car.

DrMcCoy
04-28-2004, 01:34 AM
i wish i had a car...
(and the license to drive it...)

Ray Jones
04-28-2004, 09:30 AM
i'm allowed to drive, but lost the paper, have no car, but drive those from work. i u####te on gas-prices.

my higher goals are (a) being a good ray, what means that i try to (a1) be less selfish than i already not am, (a2) put down my attitude, (a3) improve my patience and (a4) be a cool daddy, even if i am not going to allow a pony on the balcony. (b) less coffee over the day so i wont have to smoke so much in the evening. less coffee is premise. (c) i've got tons of lego, i havent build anything for one and a half year. i must. (d) i need a firewall. for free. (e) get one of roy's artworks before my eyes. (f) reveal zoom rabbit's real identity and find out why santa's afraid of him in a tight leather suit.

DrMcCoy
04-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by RayJones

(d) i need a firewall. for free.

use linux and ipchains...

Orca Wail
05-02-2004, 10:11 PM
reveal zoom rabbit's real identity and find out why santa's afraid of him in a tight leather suit.

there are things (http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/OrcaWaiL/poopoo.jpg) mankind (http://www.signautograph.com/event/mankind.jpg) is not meant to know...

:confused:

RUN AWAY!!! (http://www.anniescostumes.com/1333.jpg)

Guybrush122
05-02-2004, 11:13 PM
frightening, yet oddly appealing.

ptdc
05-03-2004, 06:35 AM
So. now I have an even bigger hole to fill. Yesterday I lost my job, for being too quiet. Great, isn't it?

Guybrush122
05-03-2004, 08:04 AM
who needs em, anyway? i say go out, get another job, and be moderately noisy

ptdc
05-03-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure if I can be bothered :\

Zoom Rabbit
05-03-2004, 02:42 PM
i'm allowed to drive, but lost the paper, have no car, but drive those from work. i u####te on gas-prices.

Peeing on the sign won't help, son. :max: You've got to make it in the gas tank in order to have any impact...

my higher goals are (a) being a good ray, what means that i try to

Being a good ray means either sticking to the tide pools or following the rules of quantum mechanics, depending.

(a1) be less selfish than i already not am,

Uhm...all right then. :dozey: Very good.

(a2) put down my attitude,

Why be nicey-nice? Everyone will expect you to give them money, and where's your gas budget then, huh? :D

(a3) improve my patience and

GET TO THE POINT!!!

(a4) be a cool daddy, even if i am not going to allow a pony on the balcony.

You heartless monster. The dreams of a young cowgirl are thusly crushed in infancy.

(b) less coffee over the day so i wont have to smoke so much in the evening. less coffee is premise.

Personally, i'm trying to cut back on the whiskey so I can safely keep the hashish lit. :dozey:

(c) i've got tons of lego, i havent build anything for one and a half year. i must.

Indeed. Berlin hasn't looked the same since they tore down the wall. Perhaps a colorful lego replacement would be in order...

(d) i need a firewall. for free.

Not a problem. :max: There are any number of free firewall downloads available on the internet, any of which can effectively monitor your online security without compromising computer efficiency.

(e) get one of roy's artworks before my eyes.

Okay.

http://www.drunkandretired.com/dogs/images/dogs5.jpg

(f) reveal zoom rabbit's real identity and find out why santa's afraid of him in a tight leather suit.

I don't wear leather clothing because it squeaks too much when I'm sneaking up on a victim and Santa's afraid of me because I slept with his wife. My real identity could be Robin Williams, Dave Chappelle or Pee Wee Herman...but there's just no telling.

Joshi
05-03-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm willing to guess it's a drunken combination of all three.

ptdc
05-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Does anybody want to pay me to do nothing or failing that, something?

Orca Wail
05-03-2004, 07:59 PM

i'm a very lonely girl, p...

:joy: J/K

Shivermetimbers
05-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Climb a 5.14+ without a belay. There will be a hole in your life, and then, very soon, no life to have a hole in!(Unless you have a secret passion for climbing we just don't know about)

wait... Where did I come from????

And... WHERE IS ALIA. WHERE IS SHE WE NEED WATERMELON SLUSHIES. GRRRRR

Joshi
05-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ptdc

You've just passed your driving test. Do you have a car? Maybe you could work for one of those. I hear they're cheap.

ptdc
05-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Orca Wail
i'm a very lonely girl, p...

:joy: J/K

I provide those sort of services for free ;) J/K, or am I...

Climbing the stairs is enough of a struggle. I have a car, but it's continually breaking, oh woe is me!

Skinkie
05-04-2004, 10:57 PM
To fix the braking, put your foot on the other pedal.. ba da bum ching

ptdc
05-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Oh that's fixed, but now the windows are stuck down, and it's raining :( There's a special car electrician coming round later, I hope they can fix it :\

Alia
05-05-2004, 10:30 AM
My real identity could be Robin Williams, Dave Chappelle or Pee Wee Herman...
Originally posted by Joshi
I'm willing to guess it's a drunken combination of all three.
Must have been some party.

Oh, and SHIV IS HOME! Free watermelon slushies for everyone, from me!

Joshi
05-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Alia
[B]Must have been some party.
]/B]

Don't ask, there was an embarassing incident involving me, Zoom, a Turkish guy selling bootleg Epcot Center pens and flatulent elephant. I don't want to talk about it.

ptdc
05-05-2004, 05:10 PM
So, ye olde automotive electrician came round earlier and fixed the windows. Great I thought, and then I tried the stereo. I can play cds fine, but I can't get the tuner to work, it just freezes, I can't even get static. So I'm guessing that the aerial has been disconnected from the head unit accidentally. So now my goal is to get the radio working again.

Ray Jones
05-05-2004, 05:20 PM
i'm looking forward to the woofer test..

uuhm.. there is a woofer? in the trunk?

i mean the lows mustnt be loud but strong and clear.
and i surely must not say more than girls and vibrating cars.. :naughty:

DrMcCoy
05-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Joshi
Don't ask, there was an embarassing incident involving me, Zoom, a Turkish guy selling bootleg Epcot Center pens and flatulent elephant. I don't want to talk about it.

maybe you could write a book...
this story seems as if it would sell well...

(
at least here in germany, where many "celebrities", like the ones from the casting-tv-shows, write "books" about their "lifes"... like this 18-years old "guy" writing his "biography"...

mmh...
this seems pretty off-topic now...
)

Joshi
05-06-2004, 05:13 AM
I hate it when young people write autobiographies, they haven't lived enough to write a decent book. All of their thought and feelings aren't in perspective of their whole life, but only part of it. when they grow to about 50, they'll look back and see what the hell they were doing was utter crap.

DrMcCoy
05-06-2004, 05:41 AM
this is exactly what i meant...
i mean, this "guy" (he doesn't quite look and behave like one) is 18, he got casted in one of this popstars shows and then he "sang" (it sounded like a dog that has been shot) and that's it...
wooho...
well, recently he drove into a truck...
and his whole behaviour is embarrissing...

but the sad thing is that there were many people (mostly 14 years old girls) who really thought he was doing something wonderful by singing and i'm sure they bought all his cd and his book and the audiobook and t-shirts and ...
the same applies to the other casting "stars"...
most of them can't really sing but they're in the top 10!

sometimes i think whole germany is populated by sheep...
and i'm absolutly not suprised that nobody cares about this "payback"-cards that generates costumer-profiles and about this rfid-tags...

and sometimes i think the whole human life is a fault...
but that probably just me and my depressive nature... ;)

Alien426
05-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by DrMcCoy
No, no, no, that's exactly my belief. Humans shouldn't rule this planet, we should.

What's even worse is that it didn't even win the damn casting show. It only got into the finale because of its gaudy (http://www.daniel-kueblboeck.de/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=40&gallerypage=1&path=Daniel%20Covers&currentitem=1) personality. People found out it can't sing for ****, when it was in that "I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here!" show. It's also a real pussy, who is insecure, helpless, dumb... yet acts the big shot.

Ray Jones
05-06-2004, 07:37 AM
daniel küblböck!! YAY!!!!!!!!

*thud*

*curls up*

(may i add he wrecked a car without having a drivers license or any insurance .. :D)

Joshi
05-06-2004, 02:36 PM

No, unfortunately, the entire world is like that, or at least those in contact with the superstar fame game or are able to percieve it (all those little tribes in Africa will never know all this and they're better off for it)

Yeah, but it's a pretty good view of human kind. We're really just a lucky species of ape that's trynig to understand the universe using a form of communication originally formed to tell each other where the ripe berries are. I wonder if a philosopher would be able to tell me where to get a good dinner at around £10? Please remember, if it wasn't for that big comet, dinosaurs would still roam the earth and the primates of the world wouldn't get a chance to even evolve into us.

Zoom Rabbit
05-06-2004, 03:23 PM

Well, that would explain a thing or two. :dozey: Ray, is this true?

I've decided to wait until I'm 60 to write my autobiography. This has nothing to do with having had enough life experiences or wisdom to write about, but is rather more about statutes of limitation. Which reminds me...

Joshi: Hafez gives his regards, and says our time to strike the Evil Satan Mouse is almost at hand. :D

Ray Jones
05-06-2004, 04:38 PM
there is a reason why we have a booming razor industry. also being a sheep i cannot illegally smoke pot.

hey.. this just explained a thing or two. and you know what, it could explain another thing or two.

shaved german fräuleins and the sheepines of german folksman.

and i think daniel (http://www.daniel-kueblboeck.de/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/TTTGallery/Daniels%2018%20Geburtstag/danigeburtstag-009.jpg) hides some fantasies (http://www.daniel-kueblboeck.de/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/TTTGallery/Positive%20Energie%20Tour/dani-munich-018.jpg) from his fans.

Skinkie
05-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Don't you guys just hate Nazis

Yufster
05-07-2004, 01:47 AM
I hate palestinians.

Zoom Rabbit
05-07-2004, 03:06 AM
there is a reason why we have a booming razor industry. also being a sheep i cannot illegally smoke pot.

So you're saying there's a loophole in german law which allows sheep to consume drugs otherwise illegal for humans? :dozey: I'm there.

*(Head butts everyone.)* BAAAA!

I don't hate nazis or palestinians, just the rich industrial hogmunchers selling mother earth as if it were their own. And clowns. :D Clowns give me the creeps.

DrMcCoy
05-07-2004, 03:33 AM
And clowns. :D Clowns give me the creeps.

yeah, clowns are terrible...
and pantomime... :D

Yufster
05-07-2004, 04:47 PM
I hate clowns! I am terrified of clowns!

my worst nightmare is like, a palestinian clown!

Zoom Rabbit
05-07-2004, 05:56 PM
I find it curious that it's considered politically acceptable to hate some groups and not others, depending on the political climate in one's country.

For example, here in the US it is not *okay* to hate africans or palestinians, but it is okay to hate african-american muslims or saudi arabians. One can hate north koreans but not south koreans...any political leader or candidate can be hated, but not one after he's left office (or if he's Bill Clinton.) Large corporations like Wal-Mart or Starbuck's Coffee can be openly resisted when they invade one's neighborhood with yet another store, but if you hate the church that's had tax-free prime real estate throughout the country since it was settled, then you must be an atheist. :dozey:

It gets even stranger when it comes to celebrities. It used to be standard for us to like Michael and Janet Jackson. Now it's unusual not to dislike Michael, and one pastie later his sister's in the doghouse with him. Ralph Nader used to be considered a universal good guy, and now most of his liberal fans hate him for upsetting the last election. PeeWee Herman was--aw, we'll just skip him for now. One can see my point.

Yunnow what? :max: America is fickle. What's it like where you guys live?

DrMcCoy
05-08-2004, 01:44 AM
What's it like where you guys live?

well, i like to hate everyone... :D

nah, i normally don't care about "celebrities", as long as they don't interfere with my life (assuming that i have one :p)...

Ray Jones
05-08-2004, 05:37 AM
i totally find clowns totally to be totally booooring.

and i know you all are afraid of clowns because of stephen.

looks like you live in a great country, zoom. we are allowed to hate nearly everything here, but only allowed to talk about it if its anti anti-something. except anti-something is not really pro not-anti-something-else. and pro anti-pro-say-no-to-anti-something is completely a no-no if you just want to say "hi.".
it also a good advice not to be pro-anti-say-no-to-pro-something-else if it's after 2300, tuesday and colder than outside.

besides that can say what you want, except naming pigs cops, what would be anti-pro-something-pro-anti-no-no.

it also depends to what's currently 'hip'.

DrMcCoy
05-08-2004, 07:54 AM
this is exactly why i love living in germany... :p

and i don't care, what's "hip" in the moment, 'cause it changes like the wheather...
for example, in the moment, these strange trousers that are worn below the ass are "in" in the moments and i don't care... i just wear normal jeans... and a t-shirt...
well, i'm a geek, so it's quite normal, i thinks...

Ray Jones
05-08-2004, 09:31 AM
i would say something about girls and tight jeans sitting short above the err.. *huuiii*

but i wont. though i enjoy.

*rub*

*splash*

*wipe*

*runs*

DrMcCoy
05-08-2004, 10:07 AM
now i'm sooo glad i'm not a girl...
it would be really strange knowing that you do some thing while imagining me in tight jeans... :rolleyes:

or maybe it's just me and my sick mind and you wanted to say something completly different...

Ray Jones
05-08-2004, 02:14 PM
see.. there are things girls imagine if they err.. do something. :dozey:

i dont think you should take it too literally though. the drawn analogy was perhabs more intended to point out that some things sometimes look nice and sometimes not.

;)

Zoom Rabbit
05-08-2004, 03:11 PM
or maybe it's just me and my sick mind and you wanted to say something completly different...

Nope. :max: You nailed it. Welcome to that rare elite club of Lucasforumites who understand Ray's posts. The clubhouse is a smashing good time, but don't drink the kool-aid...they try to sneak you medications that way.

:D

Joshi
05-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Joshi: Hafez gives his regards, and says our time to strike the Evil Satan Mouse is almost at hand. :D

Oh great, does that mean I need a new watermelon catapult? Because you know what happened to my last one...Zoom

Yunnow what? America is fickle. What's it like where you guys live?

Bleak, although I actually don't dislike Micheal Jackson (is it ironic that I'm listening to him right now on my CD player? do you Remember the Time?), his music is good but I think what it is is that we all praised him (before) for starting his career at five without actually thinking about what it would do to him (i.e, screw him up completely). I don't think he really knows what he's doing to those kids. I mean, yeah it could just be a stunt to get money off of him, but if he did it, I think it's genuinly because he loves kids but is to screwed up to see what he's doing to them.

Basically, we do live in a society where it is "chic" to like certain things and hate other things, but I've always lived a life of individuality and don't pretend to hate or like things I feel the contrary to. I see no point in trying to fit in, when being the annomoly is more interesting.

Ray Jones
05-08-2004, 05:24 PM
they try to sneak you medications that way

hey. didnt you payed a round lately?
hmm.. odd. i seem to have no idea what happened. all i can remember is .. curling colors.

:confused:

Zoom Rabbit
05-09-2004, 04:50 AM
Joshi: The handlers assured me the beast hadn't been fed that day. I wanted to put a giant diaper on it, just in case, but someone had used the last of the giant diapers...and it was showtime. It wasn't my fault.

Ray: Well, I can't remember hi. How are you? What is this place...? Say, is that President Reagan? :dozey:

My theory concerning Michael Jackson is that illuminati evil-doers have been replacing the human being with alien nanotechnology slowly over the years, a body part at a time. What we see on teevee now is more like an elasticarbon human bioreplacement mechanism from outer space than a normal rock star. He associates with children because he must take their DNA to survive.

Joshi
05-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Joshi: The handlers assured me the beast hadn't been fed that day. I wanted to put a giant diaper on it, just in case, but someone had used the last of the giant diapers...

Don't you look at me like that, that strangly mutated ginormouse hamster had just eaten about 1200 tonnes of Vinnies best Curry, my team were performing a stealth surprise attack from behind, and there was a spare giant diaper. What would you have done in my shoes?

My theory concerning Michael Jackson is that illuminati evil-doers have been replacing the human being with alien nanotechnology slowly over the years, a body part at a time. What we see on teevee now is more like an elasticarbon human bioreplacement mechanism from outer space than a normal rock star. He associates with children because he must take their DNA to survive.

So in short, he was once a great guy, but due to a crap messed up childhood and with each body modification, he became more evil. Does that remind anyone of a certain heavy breathing dictator who was meant to bring balance to the force?

One day his son will have a dance showdown with him and lose an arm in the process. Then the eveil plastic surgeons will come along with scalpels and throw them at Mike's son, but then Mike will take the full force of it, then mikes son will throw the surgeon over a high platform and Mike will die.

Wow! I gotta get some more of this amazing coffee! :¬

DrMcCoy
05-10-2004, 02:35 PM
see.. there are things girls imagine if they err.. do something. :dozey:

well, i really don't think they would imagine me...

i dont think you should take it too literally though. the drawn analogy was perhabs more intended to point out that some things sometimes look nice and sometimes not.
;)

yeah, i think i read too much bash.org recently... :o

:D

and about michael jackson:
i liked his music when i was 8, but now i can't stand it (i like metal now)...
and i already though he was a sicko before this children thingy became that public (i didn't know about that when i started to dislike him, don't know about others... it's some years ago...)