PDA

View Full Version : New developers diary

DutchTiran
05-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Gamespy.com has posted a new SW:BAttlefront developers diary from John Northan, lead programmer for Star Wars Battlefront, concerning the artifical intelligence. You can find it here (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-wars-battlefront/511736p1.html)

Strange enough, it isn't up on lucasarts.com yet...
grtz, dutch

StormHammer
05-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on that. ;)

Welcome to the forums. :)

*clix*

tFighterPilot
05-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Weird, I thought they get to LucasArts first

Thanks for the head up :D

tFighterPilot
05-10-2004, 06:32 PM
On a less happy note, it seems like the single player would be like Battlefield's single player, multi player with bots :(

StormHammer
05-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
On a less happy note, it seems like the single player would be like Battlefield's single player, multi player with bots :(

I expected nothing different. Did you?

BurnsU
05-10-2004, 10:27 PM
SP being MP with bots is always how I imagined it,I wont be playing SP anyway,I dont really see any point unless my internet connection suddenly went away for no reason.

tFighterPilot
05-11-2004, 02:48 AM
I'll do the same thing, but still, they said they'll put emphasis on single player. I thought they mean more than bots with good AI.

DutchTiran
05-11-2004, 08:38 AM
I think buying Battlefront for the single player experience is just like buying the Playboy for the articles and stories... :p

(btw, I registered at LucasForums some three years ago. At that time i was in to battlegrounds alot and posted, well... 2 posts... Now I'm looking fwd to battlefront for a few months now, so I decided to visit the LForums again. And my login name still existed! Hurray... ;)

Eagle Warrior
05-11-2004, 07:38 PM
the link doesnt work:confused: :mad: :D

Isair
05-11-2004, 09:48 PM
It's not loading for me at the moment so I'll check it out later. But I don't find it so surprising it didn't get to Lucasarts first, they haven't updated the Battlefront section in some time, I view the single player as a tutorial and a way to get familiarized with the various weapons, classes, factions, vehicles, ect.

DarkLordTrooper
05-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Yeah, seriously, Lucasarts should update their website with a new trailer or somthin.

yaebginn
05-11-2004, 09:58 PM
new trailer nothing. I'm loking forward for the Glactic Empire Faction update. The Rebel Alliance one was realy informal and I cant wait to hear more about the Empire. and dutch, those articles are pretty darn good. :p

DutchTiran
05-12-2004, 04:16 AM
Well, I never read any of them. Actually I never had a Pb in my hands, how sad :p.

I think the diary is down on gamespy. Weird...

joesdomain
05-12-2004, 04:33 AM
The gamespy diary that was just posted didn't really have the information I was looking for. I just don't get what Lucasarts problem with releasing planet flythroughs and gameplay and information on individual factions. They did great with that in Jan. and Feb. now zero information. I will probably be the only person buying Star Wars Battlefront for PS2 for single player use only. Not every person who plays video games plays on the internet. I know me and my friends don't. We play against each other offline.

Eagle Warrior
05-12-2004, 08:44 AM
i also play with my friends offline but when there not around it is kool to play online. i dont particually like play singal playerer it gets boreing after awhile.

Fleab
05-12-2004, 09:11 AM
all do it for the singleplayer stuff to. Not much of a online player. I can't rememebr did we find out if there will be multiplayer offline?

tFighterPilot
05-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Fleab
all do it for the singleplayer stuff to. Not much of a online player. I can't rememebr did we find out if there will be multiplayer offline? Singleplayer is multiplayer online

Fleab
05-12-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry tiefighter but It is still early in the morning for me right now so I may just be kinda out of it but what do you mean singleplayer is multiplayer online? Isn't there just a regular singleplayer and i was also asking if for at least the console games if you can do multiplayer offline like other games.

Schetter
05-12-2004, 11:42 AM
I think what he tried to say is that the single player mode will be a similar format to the multiplayer mode in terms of actual gameplay (a la BF:42).

tFighterPilot
05-12-2004, 02:30 PM
That's ok, I was tired, I meant Singleplayer is multiplayer offline :o

Though the original sound cooler ;)

Alegis
05-12-2004, 03:36 PM
for some reason the gamespy link wont load so ill just have to wait till its on lucasarts.com unless someone copy pastes it first :)

Fleab
05-12-2004, 04:06 PM
hey tiefighter I know singleplayer is multiplayer offline but what I am asking is will they hae it on the concole systems where you can do a splitscreen offline m,ultiplayer so you can play with your friends on the same system.

Eagle Warrior
05-12-2004, 04:17 PM
as far as i know for the pc it will have the ability to play on the network. i dont know about the other systems

DutchTiran
05-13-2004, 06:50 AM
@ Alegis Gensan: Gamespy doesnt seem to have the article online anymore. Go here (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-wars-battlefront/#news) , scroll down to story and it should be the first one: designer diary #3. You can always try, but It doesn't work for me anymore, although it did when the article was just released a few days ago.

Eagle Warrior
05-13-2004, 08:33 AM
sry to say but it still doesn't work:(

tFighterPilot
05-13-2004, 08:38 AM
true

DutchTiran
05-13-2004, 03:57 PM
yeah.. i just explained that...

Alegis
05-13-2004, 04:54 PM
its on the monthly update on lucasarts :)

Looks cool, quick explanation of AI though I don't know how they're compared to other games..They seem to be pretty smart here..well see