View Full Version : FroZticles Template!!!!!!
05-23-2004, 06:44 AM
Finally people its here only the basics have been covered have not reached the the factions yet.....
Most of this was rushed there is probably heaps of weird things in there since I did not proof read and I changed things over and over till I got most things the way I liked. Some things in there I'm not so sure about so if you don't like something mention it and I'll try my best to alter the way I like.
05-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Ah, the long awaited Froz Template! I shall enjoy this.
1. I like the Military Levels. What a great idea! ;)
2. I assume since droid units don't earn experience, they are marginally better than un-promoted human units, otherwise the Confederacy will be disadvantaged.
3. Can you elaborate a bit on your Power idea? From your description it sounds like the only thing power does is increase production rate. Do buildings operate without power, or just run slower?
4. I don't like the use of the term "Dark Jedi", but I guess you did it to get around the whole "always two" Sith thing.
5. I like your Unit Explosion idea, could be quite fun. Needs a better name though.
6. I don't like all the Jedi saber colours. They should just be blue and green like the movies (Mace Windu is an exception).
7. Your different stances are quite nice, but I can see them getting a bit micro-intensive.
05-24-2004, 11:24 AM
1. It started out as 4 levels then 5 then 4 then 5 again I kept changing the names. I was even just going to keep it tech levels.
2. I'm still not sure about experience points, I might drop them or give Confederacy 3 enhancing upgrades or something....
3. Sorry it was rushed but buildings run alot slower, I do not want to give the game a westwood/EA feel by people targetting power reactors and shutting down all unit production...
But the radius thing is gone you do not need a powe rplant in a radius of building for power. Ill add it in
4. I don't like it either but exactly what you said it evades the 2 Sith only debate, but either way dark jedi or sith I would not mind.
5. K it was named on the spot.....
6. I see where your coming from I'll reduce the colors to blue,green,yellow (Kotor) :P
7. Possibly but it only works on basic laser troops. I shall review this.
05-24-2004, 02:46 PM
1. My point was I'm glad you liked my idea :D
3. Is there a maximum efficiency rate? Or can you just keep building powerplants to make your production faster and faster?
6. Well I'm still against yellow sabers...
05-25-2004, 02:15 AM
3. Yes there is a maximum rate kind of like RA2 where you need power to run certain buildings but they will not shut down completely if power is not enough to run all you have built.
6. Jedi saber designs display there fighting techniques reguardless of the color. It is just the crystals they used I guess Lucas wanted to give Windu a purple to show he was a higher ranking Jedi then all the rest at the battle. But I'm keeping 3 colors.
05-25-2004, 08:19 AM
Okay, i've quickly glaced at your template and this is what i think.
Overall, the detail is quite good, you do a good job of explaining things. I still dont like the concept of tech levels, so i find that one of the negatives of your template. I'm glad you have adopted my 'Conquer the Galaxy' mode :), but otherwise i cant say much more before you flush out the civs.
One last thing though, i agree with Vostok with lightsabre's, and if you are going to add a third colour, at least make it one we have seen in the films - purple.
05-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Changes to gameplay.
Fixed the Jedi stuff added some more stuff to explain it better.
Added a small comment about how some units can fire while running.
Removed pop limits.
Added day/night system it does not affect battles however just some eye candy.
Added a hero section to unit stats
Added medic explanation and regeneration added.
Buildings now give small amounts of damage to surrounding units if they are destroyed.
Light Jedi sabers reduced to blue and green.
05-26-2004, 06:44 AM
WTF does the colour of lightsabers have to do with game design???
05-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Gotta suggestion for droid experience. Allow all droids to gather experience into one large pool; when the xp total is high enough, all droids (both those currently active and future droids) are increased in level. Think of it basically as a central AI (or the people who run the droids) gathering data from battles and the resultant data being used to install global programming upgrades. Advantage of this, all droids get the upgrade at the same time, and new droids start out with it. Easiest way to balance this (off the top of my head) is to require much more experience than the typical trooper. Non-droids level faster, but do so individually; droids level quite a bit slower, but do so globally and new units are affected.
BTW, you didn't have "range" included in your basic definitions. You indicated a difference in "range" and "line of sight" elsewhere, so I figure people would get the idea, but from just the definitions they could be mistaken for the same thing...
06-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Should have Confed up soon just been fixing it up.....
06-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Ah good, I was about to ask if you were still doing your template.
I'm thinking of revamping my own (yet again).
06-27-2004, 05:34 AM
By the way guys, does anyone mind if i host copies of other SWGB2 templates or link to your sites from my page to create a sort of SWGB2 home?
06-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Nope, be my guest.
07-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Added some new changes to gameplay before the release of Confederacy. Huge Jedi update.
*Added new Jedi training system. Light Jedi get levels through training and diplomacy. Dark Jedi get levels through combat.
*Changed it to planet wars instead of bases fighting on the same map. The huge starships deserve a place in the new RTS.
*Changed Jedi abilities system. Made it easier to read
*Explain force points
*Removed Jedi art stuff like saber, male or female. To faction sections
*Explained deflect and evade Jedi techniques
*Added Force-Sensitive unit
*Get a free Jedi Leader upon building a temple.
*Added a buildings section (some may be changed and added at any time)\
07-01-2004, 03:51 PM
1) I like the way you limit the amount of Jedi by having to upgrade the Jedi Building.
2) I don't fully understand the Jedi training concept. Do Padawans/Apprentices need Masters to train? Is this "Jedi Leader" or "Jedi Hero" the same as a Jedi Master? This whole process isn't very clear.
3) Not sure about the whole "buildings are life size" thing. There is a reason no RTSs have done this to date. It clutters up the screen too much and bases will become mazes.
4) Couldn't find the bit that describes what exactly "Planet Wars" are, but I'm a bit wary of the concept.
07-02-2004, 01:29 AM
2)You start with 1 Jedi hero so in Republic you get Master Yoda. The Jedi hero works the same as a Jedi Master but they have higher hp and train padawans 5% faster. I'll rewrite the thing I had it all written out but forgot to save it the first time.
3) Well of cause they will be scaled down maybe a bit like B4ME so we can see Jedi dueling its manly for eye candy but they have to be a reasonable size.
4) Its a small thing write under the title. I added this game mode in as well because I feel space wars are a huge part of Star Wars.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.