PDA

View Full Version : Hello :D


Availle
05-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey folks, I'm new, just wanted to say "hello to you all"! I like being here and am looking forward to poasting interesting things...btw, I poast, because a friend of mine says it's more like toast :D and now I can't think about anything interesting anymore (at least, not interesting for the most of you :P).

Zoom Rabbit
05-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Goodbye. :dozey:

No, I'm kidding. :D The toast must go because it can be a safety hazard with some of the other forum members, but you may stay...

Say, are you Martha Stewart?

Availle
05-25-2004, 05:56 PM
No, I am not Martha Stewart - and I don't know about the safety hazard...I'll just not mention this word anymore :D

so...Goodbye ;)

Das Mole
05-25-2004, 07:30 PM
goodbye? :confused:


...uh, hi. welcome. bonjour. bienvenue.
um...i don't know what to say. have a good long time here. all these people come and then stay around for 6 hours and they're gone for good :dozey: don't be one of them. plus, we need more interesting people, and you seem like a fascinating individual. i mean it. i'm not being sarcastic. and even if you're not all too interesting, (which i doubt, i mean, look at your username! i could discuss it all day!) at least stick around. we need someone new to talk to.

i hope i'm not going to scare you away... once you get to know me, i can be...well. who cares. i'm a talkative person. but it's time for me to be quiet now. *uses "from martha's toolshed" brand duct tape to tape his mouth shut*

Yufster
05-25-2004, 08:06 PM
I invent new words every day!

Like 'Whoresome'! Which is a cross between Whore, and Awesome! I don't know what context you'd this word in. I guess if something was extremely sexful, it would be whoresome. Oh, and Sexful is a cross between sexy, and ... well, I forget. Something good, anyway.

A guy I know found a food at work today, called Timmoh Schaffre. And I totally do not lie.

I imagine it is a pizza.

"Hey. I'll take a ten inch Timmoh Schaffre."
"Fries with that?"
"Yeah. And can I get pepperoni on that?"
"I'm afraid we only do pepperoni on the Six Inch Timmoh Schaffre"
"Oh. I'd really rather a ten inch."
"You can get gerkhins instead?"
"Oh, for sure."

Skinkie
05-26-2004, 12:02 AM
You order pizza's by inch size? What a crazy place Ireland must be.


Oh and hello, welcome, all that stuffiss. Have a sexful and kinky time in our forums.

Alien426
05-26-2004, 02:35 AM
Argh, thare be three trials to become a pirate. First, yeh need to...

Uh, forget it. Goodbye and welcome.

Zoom Rabbit
05-26-2004, 04:31 AM
To become a pirate, first ye must climb up into the rigging and fetch my parrot!

Mind ye the beast has a six-foot wingspan and a wolverine's humor... :D

Availle
05-26-2004, 04:33 AM
I thought long before joining this board - I've got another one I visit quite frequently and wasn't sure if I'd got the time...but well, now that I'm here, I'll stay until you get sick of me!

*hands out grog to everyone in this thread*
Cheers! :D

i hope i'm not going to scare you away... once you get to know me, i can be...well. who cares. i'm a talkative person I'm not scared that easily!


Argh, thare be three trials to become a pirate. First, yeh need to... Yes, I know...I didn't come to ask for help ;)

DrMcCoy
05-26-2004, 06:32 AM
hello, or something...

wait... toast? something to eat? where???
:D ... now i know why i weight 95 kilo...

Sivy
05-26-2004, 06:36 AM
s'up

Ray Jones
05-26-2004, 07:51 AM
uuhhhhmmmmmmm..





hi?








err...


you?





..

there?



*scratches head*


*cough*

[ray's deobfuscative list]
1. yufster might not be the one she (timhe?) pretends to be. nontheless she is the whoresome sexful type of guy.
2. zoom's parrot = dubia's daughter (supported by zoom's dressing service with some influence of zoom's famous hawaiian mushroom soup, after all he is a cook, y'know.. ).
3. skinkie likes inch contests, but always gives his values in centimeters.
4. mccoy and "scotchy" are like this *crosses fingers*. obviously.
5. siv? hm. "siv" says it all i think. just dont ignore him.
6. talk slowly to leave das at his *not confused* state of consciousness. also, no quick moves please.
7. there is no proof for alien to exist.
[/ray's deobfuscative list]

Availle
05-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by RayJones


[ray's deobfuscative list]
1. yufster might not be the one she (timhe?) pretends to be. nontheless she is the whoresome sexful type of guy.
2. zoom's parrot = dubia's daughter (supported by zoom's dressing service with some influence of zoom's famous hawaiian mushroom soup, after all he is a cook, y'know.. ).
3. skinkie likes inch contests, but always gives his values in centimeters.
4. mccoy and "scotchy" are like this *crosses fingers*. obviously.
5. siv? hm. "siv" says it all i think. just dont ignore him.
6. talk slowly to leave das at his *not confused* state of consciousness. also, no quick moves please.
7. there is no proof for alien to exist.
[/ray's deobfuscative list]
Umm...okay...now you've proven you are either
-crazy
-online for a too long time
-interesting people
-people who don't like outsiders

or all of that combined. :D

Alia
05-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Availle
-crazy
-online for a too long time
-interesting people
-people who don't like outsiders
We love outsiders, especially in a light orange sauce.

Well, I do anyway. So welcome.

mapixx
05-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Welcome!
...nice avatar...


ooooohhhh yesssss my precioussss they're insssane ;)

Zoom Rabbit
05-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Availle
Umm...okay...now you've proven you are either
-crazy
-online for a too long time
-interesting people
-people who don't like outsiders

or all of that combined. :D

You've got him pegged! :D Ray is...

1. (crazy) We like to think of him as reality perceptively disabled, but crazy will do.

2. (online for a too long time) Actually, he's online all the time because he's an older AI program--hence the *bugs*--that experiences a false digital reality that we program in for him. We have him connected to the real world internet just so we can all be amused by the string responses he generates for the server.

3. (interesting people) I'd say anyone who goes down the Matterhorn with only one broken ski and a pogo stick to avoid rocks classifies as interesting.

4. (people who don't like outsiders) Naw, he's german. :dozey: Everyone knows that germans love outsiders.

Okay, I'm done. Now will someone just throw the damn frisbee?





;)

Ray Jones
05-27-2004, 04:23 AM
where is the problem? we like outsiders as long as we can make sure they will not become insiders.. :xp:

i'm talking about the folk here of course, not about germans.
german tourists at majorca have proven how outside and reality perceptively disabled one can be. :dozey:

DrMcCoy
05-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by RayJones
4. mccoy and "scotchy" are like this *crosses fingers*. obviously.


i'm still trying to find the meaning of that statement...

well, i'm just an average, 18-years-old, overweight, glasses-wearing, acned, girlfriend-laking, shy, linux-fanatic, c-and-c++-programming, emacs-hating-and-vi-loving, bash.org-reading, math-liking, communism-liking, sports-hating, star-trek-loving, religion-disliking (still beliving in a kind of "natural order of things", which may or may not involve a god/the 42/magic/satan/reincarnation/infinity/whatever), rock-and-metal-music-liking, adventure-and-(ad&d-)rpg-games-loving, monitoring-hating, german geek

... :D

well, you could just decode the geekcode in my sig, it describes my personality quite well.

and about crazy: this post should answer that question... ;)

P.S.: this is my 100th post... woohoo! ...

Ray Jones
05-27-2004, 05:30 AM
hmm. i dont know. everything you say sounds like "he is dead, jim" to me.

Alien426
05-27-2004, 06:41 AM
> well, you could just decode the geekcode in my sig, it describes my personality quite well.

Use the Geek Code Decoder (http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/) for simplicity's sake.

> ...c-and-c++-programming...

So where's your game music ripper (my sig) or Scumm engine/LucasArts game tool?

edit:
McCoy's place? (http://bash.org/mess/accepted/382128_PinkFuzzyBunny)

DrMcCoy
05-27-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Alien426
So where's your game music ripper (my sig) or Scumm engine/LucasArts game tool?


well, i'm currently programming a modules and therefore (hopefully) portable adventure engine...
at the moment, there's just a linux-x-videooutput (using imlib2)
it loads the game from a xml-file (sadly, the parser is a bit lazy... i haven't implemented these strange tag-naming conventions for example... you can still have <123bla>, which should be allowed afaik... well, 123bla will be ignored anyway...)
you can walk around with the arrow-keys (i still need a pathfinding-algo... but this can still wait... in the c't (a german computer magazine) there the A*-algorithm describes once...)
a room consist of three image: the background, a walkchannel, and a coverchanne, which defines the appearance, the walkable area and the part which are "before" the player...
that's all for the moment...
currently i'm looking for a better method for adjusting the alpha-channel, it's somewhat slow/cpu-eating at the moment...

Originally posted by Alien426
edit:
McCoy's place? (http://bash.org/mess/accepted/382128_PinkFuzzyBunny) [/B]

somewhat like it... just that this room seems larger than mine...

Availle
05-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by RayJones

i'm talking about the folk here of course, not about germans.
german tourists at majorca have proven how outside and reality perceptively disabled one can be. :dozey:

yes..or German tourists in Spain generally...or Thailand...or China...or Egypt (note: I'm not talking about people of our age, but of the 40+year tourists who mostly don't speak English or the country's natives' language :D)

Also ist hier fast jeder deutsch, oder wie?

Ray Jones
05-27-2004, 08:03 AM
nee. all i can say is "schnell, schnell, dort ist das licht", "dicke üppige mädchen in leder" and "zoom ist ein turnbeutelvergesser". sometimes i can also say "verflixt und zugenäht, dieser verdammte dramatusenpersipator!", but that depends on roy. he is my not equal looking twin.

besides, it is somewhat funnie if you order "french fries" at mcdonalds in here in germany.. :p


to get the point we're mostly from earth..

err..

*cough?*

Alien426
05-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Go get Wizball and Laserschwert from the Mojo forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=185) and invade this forum!

Mein Leben! (http://www.mac-archive.com/wolfenstein/talk.html)

I'm one of the exceptions who is not from Earth, but don't tell anyone or I might eat your brain!

Zoom Rabbit
05-28-2004, 04:17 AM
I have never forgotten my gym bag. :dozey: I hire pygmy porters to carry my affects whenever I go to the gym, and they are quite professional about it...

Dr. McCoy: You're hired. :D Your job is to design a worm that hacks in through banner downloads and causes the computer terminals at any address with a .gov HTML to spontaneously download porn. The social benefits of this resistance action should be obvious.

Alien426: We should go into partnership. I cut heads off, and you eat the brains. Deal?

Ray Jones
05-28-2004, 04:36 AM
this was just a test. now i know you are able to translate a complex sentence like this.

with your marvelous knowledge of the german language, you could be that vegetable selling man at the corner. now it makes sense that he tried to sell me pineapples wrapped in pantees.

:dozey: i better be careful. maybe i should hijack a bus and crunch him away.

DrMcCoy
05-28-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit
Dr. McCoy: You're hired. :D Your job is to design a worm that hacks in through banner downloads and causes the computer terminals at any address with a .gov HTML to spontaneously download porn. The social benefits of this resistance action should be obvious.


pr0n? that's nice...
but i'd rather write a pr0n-leeching script... (for my... errr.... needs... :D)

Zoom Rabbit
05-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Or maybe how about hacking that banner thing that runs along the bottom of the screen all the time on CNN so that it reads 'All your infidel base are belong to us. The jihad is at hand.'

;)

Alien426
05-28-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit
Alien426: We should go into partnership. I cut heads off, and you eat the brains. Deal?
But getting the head is the fun part. You can compare that to opening a champagne bottle.

DrMcCoy
05-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit
Or maybe how about hacking that banner thing that runs along the bottom of the screen all the time on CNN so that it reads 'All your infidel base are belong to us. The jihad is at hand.'
;)

well, i remember that there already is a porn-get...
afk, i've got better things to do... ;)

Joshi
05-28-2004, 05:43 PM
I somehow managed to completely miss this thread. I have no idea how.

Hi, I'm your resident mod. Please feel free to offer me bribes in the hope that I will someday do something nice for you.

Oh, and Yuf, thank you, you have now given me a new word to get accustomed to. Whoresome! This will definately be in my vocabulary from now on.

and just so you know, we're all a little crazy here, but that's only to be expected from a bunch of people who worship kewpie dolls for a living.

Skinkie
05-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Oh wise kewpie doll, GIVE ME THE POWER!!!

Availle
05-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Joshi
I somehow managed to completely miss this thread. I have no idea how.

Hi, I'm your resident mod. Please feel free to offer me bribes in the hope that I will someday do something nice for you.

Oh, and Yuf, thank you, you have now given me a new word to get accustomed to. Whoresome! This will definately be in my vocabulary from now on.

and just so you know, we're all a little crazy here, but that's only to be expected from a bunch of people who worship kewpie dolls for a living.

*offers a mug of "good stuff" (1:1 rum and coffee) to my resident mod and fellow Discworld fan*

Joshi
05-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Discworld? What is that?







Only kidding. I knew someone had to get that damn sig message. Quite possibly my favorite Pratchett/Discworld book ever, I've read it like 4 times. (and own both hardback and paperback copies as well as the audio CD read by Tony Robinson)

Originally said by that discworld fan up there^
(1:1 rum and coffee)

Um, ones a stimulant and ones a depressent, basically cancelling each other out and therefore being no good to me. I either need acohol which makes me fun and less self conscience, or coffee, which makes me hyper... we won't get into what that does for me, but both just isn't worth it.

Ray Jones
05-29-2004, 05:06 PM
sometimes it seems to me that you have both separated in your body.

Joshi
06-02-2004, 03:24 PM
what an odd thing to say.

Zoom Rabbit
06-02-2004, 09:04 PM
There are bees in your mind.

edlib
06-02-2004, 10:45 PM
I have a sea-lion in my trousers... Does that count?

(And I'm having a hell of a time getting him to take them off, let me tell ya'!)