PDA

View Full Version : Which side of the force do you choose ?

Anakin_Katarn
05-28-2004, 06:12 PM
the light or the darkside ?

Mono_Giganto
05-28-2004, 06:22 PM
I think there is already a poll for this, and I'm not sure what this has to do with modding, but oh well since there's no neutral, DARKSIDE O YA!!! Even though it's really hard on your conscience, the force powers are cool! :saberr:

Poggle
05-28-2004, 06:37 PM
I play both but more often lightside

Mav
05-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Don't know if this is the right board, but I go lightside

T7nowhere
05-28-2004, 06:48 PM
It depends on how I feel I think I have played more games bordering on both. For a while I'll be light or dark but usually in the grey. I think if bioware had done a better job with the darkside I would have been evil most of the time.

So the poll really needed a grey(nuetral option)even though it is almost impossible to finnish nuetral.

Also this doesn't have anything to do with modding so it shall be moved.

Samuel Dravis
05-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Lightside. I can't stand it when I'm evil, and when I actually try to be mean, I have to reload because I feel really bad for the person I'm beating up on. Yeah, darkside is forever off limits to me... :p

flamefls
05-31-2004, 03:05 PM
i played for the light side cause i thought it was cooler

NoraleeHall
06-02-2004, 05:44 PM
I enjoy playing as the darkest of dark side characters. I went through the game getting nothing but dark side bonuses. When you qualify for Dark Side Mastery, you get 50 extra Force Points if you are a Jedi Consular, +1d8 extra Damage if you are a Jedi Guardian and Immunity:Poison if you are a Jedi Sentinel. They are a lot better than the +3 Charisma, +3 Strength or +3 Constitution that Light Side Mastery confers plus the dark side is more fun to play and you can get a lot more credits playing that way.

Lord of Banthas
06-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Whenever I play darkside I end up regretting it so i'd have to say lightside

FiEND_138
06-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Voted LS. I really like the DS, just not the representation of it in kotor. Felt too much like a playground bully beating kids up for their lunch $$$$$. So yeah, LS.

RedHawke
06-15-2004, 01:26 AM
I voted Darkside because Dark Lord of the Sith just is too cool!
The cool Black outfits... the cool Red Lightsabers... the Mechanical Lungs!:D

Or you could also stray into the Silly Side of the Force.

You know with Telekinetic Noogies, Force Wedgies, and of course the Great Silly Side Masters; Larry, Moe, Curly, Etc.:D

I do agree with FiEND_138 that in KOTOR they portrayed the Sith badly, bullies with no subtlety.

Crowy
06-15-2004, 09:05 AM
In kotor 1 i was darkside all the way, apart form my initial game. I love the ls story, but ds credits were so much easier to come by!

As for the sith lords, i dont know ill probably play it by ear and do lightside first again... but who knows!

illuzion69
06-19-2004, 07:29 AM
I've played both and I have to vote dark side because (imo) it got a little slow playing as ls character where as the ds if it gets slow you can always spice things up with a bit of raw carnage. :D

Blessèd Sith
06-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Dark Side. Definately Sith.

I forced myself to play LS once, just because I was curious about the ending. And it sickened me. o.o I felt so disgusted and dirty . . . blech.

Raw carnage is always fun ^_^

Colma Adawin
06-19-2004, 05:02 PM
I Love the lightside for some reason!? so i vote for the Light, PEACE, everyones redemable its a good life!

MattCole

Ajunta Pall
06-20-2004, 05:41 AM
Neutral, if there wasn't so much stuff that was side restricted. But, if I had to pick, Light side. Phwoosh! (Don't ask, if just popped out... :D) Thanks for your time, folks! *tips hat and falls out of window*

Prime
06-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Usually light side for me. Force Wave is all I need.

T7nowhere
06-21-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Usually light side for me. Force Wave is all I need.

hehe :) Force wave is all anyone needs. It's a cheap spam power. :p

ET Warrior
07-06-2004, 02:22 AM
I play as both, but I really prefer light side, I feel like SUCH AN ASS when i'm darkside, and I really feel bad for doing what I do. :(

Prime
07-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I play as both, but I really prefer light side, I feel like SUCH AN ASS when i'm darkside, and I really feel bad for doing what I do. :( Indeed. It is not the same without someone like Rosh to stick it to. :)

Colma Adawin
07-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Indeed. It is not the same without someone like Rosh to stick it to. :)

PRIME!!! :( i'm surprised at you!!! how could you pick on Rosh Penin like that...

[Rosh] "Hey Jaden, you coming Kyle has....uuugh

[sabre inserted in his head]

[thud]

hehe hehe

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

anyway, :D, i cant stand the Darkside anymore i used to love it , but i 100% prefer the Lightside

MattCole

PS PRIME PLEASE CHECK YOUR INBOX! i concider it important

RedHawke
07-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
anyway, :D, i cant stand the Darkside anymore i used to love it , but i 100% prefer the Lightside.

Matt,

Join me on the Silly Side of the Force... It is your destiny! :D

Indeed. It is not the same without someone like Rosh to stick it to.

Definatley, Rosh was quite fun to whack! :D

anakyl skywalke
07-08-2004, 07:20 AM
tôi ko thích dark lắm dù rằng dark sẽ hơn light rất nhiều nhưng khi tui thấy khuôn mặt mission sau khi biết tui kill jolee và juhani
và khuôn mặt đó ánh mắt đó đă làm ch tôi thật sự cảm động
=>có ai là người việt nam ko nhỉ?

Colma Adawin
07-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Matt,

Join me on the Silly Side of the Force... It is your destiny! :D

noo... i must. .. res..ist.... my temptations is stronger than the Darkside... aHHHHHH!!! okay dude teach me the ways of the stupid, so i may be one with the silly side. :D i think im already an idiot for joining the silly side :D

MattCole

RedHawke
07-09-2004, 12:21 AM
okay dude teach me the ways of the stupid, so i may be one with the silly side. :D i think im already an idiot for joining the silly side :D

[Silly Yoda Voice]
No, not stupid... Silly Side it is, now put on your robes of the 3 Stooges and go out into the courtyard for your first lesson, Telekenetic Noogies, and we will have Force Cream Pie Throwing at 5. :D
[/Silly Yoda Voice]

Beware the Force Wedgies. :rolleyes:

Certainly!.. Why I oughta!.. Yuk Yuk Yuk! :D

PR-0927
07-09-2004, 05:08 PM
[Powerful dark and evil voice]The Dark Side is better. I played on it more because I am evil!!!! The Dark Side has never been shown, it is but a taste of the Dark Side to whet your appetite!![/Powerful dark and evil voice]

[Darth Malak's laugh]Hahahahaha!![/Darth Malak's laugh]

:fett:

Venom750
07-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I am mostly LS because i can't handle having all that evil stuff on my consience. I even load again because i fell bad about what i did.

Samuel Dravis
07-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Venom750
I am mostly LS because i can't handle having all that evil stuff on my consience. I even load again because i fell bad about what i did. Heh, I've got exactly the same problem...
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Lightside. I can't stand it when I'm evil, and when I actually try to be mean, I have to reload because I feel really bad for the person I'm beating up on. Yeah, darkside is forever off limits to me... :p

Colma Adawin
07-28-2004, 03:07 AM
I am mostly LS because i can't handle having all that evil stuff on my consience. I even load again because i fell bad about what i did.

This is a True Jedi :p but even a jedi must push the limits sometimes, even you, a True Jedi, must admit that :p

MattCole

(Long Live the Lightside) :D:D

RedHawke
07-28-2004, 01:13 PM
This is a True Jedi :p but even a jedi must push the limits sometimes, even you, a True Jedi, must admit that :p

MattCole

(Long Live the Lightside) :D:D

You don't know the power of the darkside!

:D

TemporaryTomato
07-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Darkside, definitely. :vadar:

Might not be very well done in KOTOR, but it's still fun to slice up some random people with a lightsabre! :giggle1:

I tend to stay away from the "saving kittens and helping old ladies" scenarios,
so when I feel like seeing the LS ending I'm neutral(in my mind, lol).:p

Did the über-jedi thing once though. Bleh.
:toilet1:

kome566
07-28-2004, 05:32 PM
MmMmM How come no hasnt done this . . but I will . . .REPENT YOU DS PPL REPENT!!!THE ORDER SHALL FORGIVE YOU!!! REPENT!!! lmao . . .but anyway i vote DS i like my char looking like a stone jedi with his wierd transformation . . or is it just me ?? :D

Colma Adawin
07-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by kome566
MmMmM How come no hasnt done this . . but I will . . .REPENT YOU DS PPL REPENT!!!THE ORDER SHALL FORGIVE YOU!!! REPENT!!! lmao . . .but anyway i vote DS i like my char looking like a stone jedi with his wierd transformation . . or is it just me ?? :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :p

ok i want EVERYONE TO EITHER CHOOSE THE LIGHT SIDE OF RedHawkes SILLY SIDE :p :D:D

MattCole

RedHawke
07-30-2004, 01:04 AM
^^^^
[Silly Yoda Voice]
Yes the silly side will help you, yes... The Masters will instruct you, they will... Master Larry, Master Moe, and Master Curly. Certainly!!! Yuk Yuk Yuk!!! :D

Now put on your clown noses and shoes, polka dotted robes, and report to the training courtyard, you will.

Telekinetic Noogie training at 10.
Telekinetic Cream Pie Tossing at 12.
And Force Wedgie training at 2.
[/Silly Yoda Voice]

Nah... Matt who am I kidding!

[Evil Laugh]

Colma Adawin
07-30-2004, 02:32 AM

[Evil Laugh]

your right i dont becoz im a Lightsider :p

MattCole

Venom750
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I do get mad at mandalorians who killed that geza daughter so i have to get mad and kill them like a proper DARK REVAN:vadar: :lightning :saberr: :saberr:

RedHawke
07-31-2004, 12:43 AM
I do get mad at mandalorians who killed that geza daughter so i have to get mad and kill them like a proper DARK REVAN:vadar: :lightning :saberr: :saberr:

Thats the spirit!!!

[Darth Sideous Voice]

Let the hate flow through you! Only then will you realize the full power of the Dark Side!

[/Darth Sideous Voice]

:lightning

Venom750
08-01-2004, 09:28 PM
I will not turn i am a jedi like the most Revans before me:slsaber: :slsaber: :newest: :syoda:

Mav
08-02-2004, 01:04 AM
GO LIGHTSIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

RedHawke
08-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
GO LIGHTSIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkside!!!(Clap, Clap) Darkside!!!(Clap, Clap) Darkside!!!(Clap, Clap)

Mav
08-02-2004, 03:48 AM
Go Nuetral Force Users!!!!......*slowly phases into the rest of the crowd*

RedHawke
08-07-2004, 12:03 AM
[Vader] You don't know the power... of the dark side! [Vader]

:lightning

[Vader] Don't be too proud of this technological terror youv'e constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant... compared to the power of the force! [Vader]

Go Darkside! :D

Off Topic: Man... EP3 better have Sideous throw down with the force and show us all just how insignificant the Death Star was!

Achilles
08-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Off Topic: Man... EP3 better have Sideous throw down with the force and show us all just how insignificant the Death Star was!

Oh I hope not. If Sideous starts taking out moons and stuff with force lighning, it's going to completely ruin ROTJ for me.

"oh look, I can take out an entire population with my force powers, but when my dawg throws me over a railing, I'm done for"

err...going to have serious problems with that.

RedHawke
08-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Oh I hope not. If Sideous starts taking out moons and stuff with force lighning, it's going to completely ruin ROTJ for me.

"oh look, I can take out an entire population with my force powers, but when my dawg throws me over a railing, I'm done for"

err...going to have serious problems with that.

I'm just the opposite, something like that has to happen in EP3, just to lend credence to what Vader says to the builder of the Death Star Station on the Death Star.

"Don't be too proud of the technological terror youv'e constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant... compared to the power of the force."

And Achillies you have some misconceptions about Palapatines death, he was completely suprised by Vaders actions and so... had no time to prepare for it.

Remember Palapatines tag line of "Everything is proceeding as I have forseen." Vader tossing him down a reactor shaft for the love of his son was definately not forseen by him, possibly revealing Palapatines only true weakness... his supreme confidence in his foresight... this is foreshadowed in ROTJ by Luke's statement to Palapatine "Your confidence will be your undoing" And then Palapatine retorts with "Your faith in your freinds will be yours!"

And to destroy planets, or cause Stars to Supernova with the Force would take time and concentration and a measure of preperation I would think!

Still something I would greatly like to see! Darth Sideous throw-down! :D

Achilles
08-10-2004, 01:01 AM
I'm just the opposite, something like that has to happen in EP3, just to lend credence to what Vader says to the builder of the Death Star Station on the Death Star.

"Don't be too proud of the technological terror youv'e constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant... compared to the power of the force."

And Achillies you have some misconceptions about Palapatines death, he was completely suprised by Vaders actions and so... had no time to prepare for it.

Remember Palapatines tag line of "Everything is proceeding as I have forseen." Vader tossing him down a reactor shaft for the love of his son was definately not forseen by him, possibly revealing Palapatines only true weakness... his supreme confidence in his foresight... this is foreshadowed in ROTJ by Luke's statement to Palapatine "Your confidence will be your undoing" And then Palapatine retorts with "Your faith in your freinds will be yours!"

And to destroy planets, or cause Stars to Supernova with the Force would take time and concentration and a measure of preperation I would think!

Still something I would greatly like to see! Darth Sideous throw-down! :D

You make some good points, but I still can't wrap my brain around it. I would like to add that it would make him more sinister to watch him manipulate everyone throught the first five and then finally see him in action in ROTJ. That way something from the original trilogy is still sacred :)

RedHawke
08-10-2004, 01:28 AM
You make some good points, but I still can't wrap my brain around it. I would like to add that it would make him more sinister to watch him manipulate everyone throught the first five and then finally see him in action in ROTJ. That way something from the original trilogy is still sacred :)

EP 1 & 2 was the Manipulation parts of the story, that's all he did in those.

I mean EP3 "Manipulations of the Sith" just doesn't work for everyone, and probably wouldn't sell as many tickets... let alone help in the consumption of popcorn during the movie! :D

EP3 "Revenge of the Sith" this implies more action from the Sith, IE some actual revenge somewhere in the story, and remember Sideous/Palapatine is younger and is on the Rise in this movie, he is older and a lot more complacent in EP6 ROTJ... that also would explain a great many things in the OT about him not being present but in bit parts, always sending Vader out.

Yes even Sith Lords can be complacent! :D

If we see Sideous/Palapatine whoop some Jedi butt, and just make us all go whoa!!! All that even ties in with the OT, and strengthens our views of Luke's journey/mission to redeem his father even more, just knowing how unprepared he actually was for his task, and the real capabilities of the one he was going to eventually face. It would very much keep the OT spirit intact.

Of course this is just my 2 cents on the subject, as George Lucas proved with EP 1 and 2 you can't please everyone! :D

For the record I liked EP1 and EP2! :D

Achilles
08-10-2004, 01:58 AM
EP 1 & 2 was the Manipulation parts of the story, that's all he did in those.

I mean EP3 "Manipulations of the Sith" just doesn't work for everyone, and probably wouldn't sell as many tickets... let alone help in the consumption of popcorn during the movie! :D

EP3 "Revenge of the Sith" this implies more action from the Sith, IE some actual revenge somewhere in the story, and remember Sideous/Palapatine is younger and is on the Rise in this movie, he is older and a lot more complacent in EP6 ROTJ... that also would explain a great many things in the OT about him not being present but in bit parts, always sending Vader out.

Yes even Sith Lords can be complacent! :D

If we see Sideous/Palapatine whoop some Jedi butt, and just make us all go whoa!!! All that even ties in with the OT, and strengthens our views of Luke's journey/mission to redeem his father even more, just knowing how unprepared he actually was for his task, and the real capabilities of the one he was going to eventually face. It would very much keep the OT spirit intact.

Of course this is just my 2 cents on the subject, as George Lucas proved with EP 1 and 2 you can't please everyone! :D

For the record I liked EP1 and EP2! :D

Again, some good points (mixed in with some sarcasm). I guess we'll just have to wait for May 05

RedHawke
08-10-2004, 06:39 AM
Again, some good points (mixed in with some sarcasm). I guess we'll just have to wait for May 05

Agreed! At least will have KOTOR:TSL to whet our appitietes for The Force and Destruction before then! :D

Achilles
08-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Agreed! At least will have KOTOR:TSL to whet our appitietes for The Force and Destruction before then! :D

You know, for as long as I've played KotOR with it's fairly static storyline, I'm almost scared to play KotOR II. And if it's as easy to mod as this game is, my life might be over.

nacho35
08-10-2004, 03:38 PM
I have played lightside some, but now with all the mods available, I tend to sway to the darkside.

Colma Adawin
08-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
I have played lightside some, but now with all the mods available, I tend to sway to the darkside.

This one simply comment PROVES that there arnt enough LS mods :D

MattCole

Achilles
08-10-2004, 05:01 PM

MattCole

Most of my mods are LS (or at least balanced). When I release my LS NPC Jedi mod, you'll feel differently ;)

nacho35
08-10-2004, 05:20 PM

MattCole

Aw come on Matt! I just like the hooded Revan robe and RedHawke's crimson dbl saber. How can I go around helping people looking like that?

...Oh, and I also have been using Orsan's Darth Maul reskin. Its great.

nacho35
08-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Most of my mods are LS (or at least balanced). When I release my LS NPC Jedi mod, you'll feel differently ;)

I know I'll use it, but I might still be dark!

...unless you fix it so that NPCs will leave if you are dark. Then that will force me to the light again!

Achilles
08-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Aw come on Matt! I just like the hooded Revan robe and RedHawke's crimson dbl saber. How can I go around helping people looking like that?

...Oh, and I also have been using Orsan's Darth Maul reskin. Its great.

I'm a big fan of his Obi-Wan reskin. You're right; his stuff is great.

Achilles
08-10-2004, 06:48 PM
I know I'll use it, but I might still be dark!

...unless you fix it so that NPCs will leave if you are dark. Then that will force me to the light again!

I'll save the fancy stuff of Obsidian and KotORII:TSL.

kome566
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Im looking forward to more mods from you achillies :devburn:

Achilles
08-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Im looking forward to more mods from you achillies :devburn:

I'm starting to run out of stuff to mod. I might have to start making DS stuff pretty soon :(

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 01:52 AM
You know, for as long as I've played KotOR with it's fairly static storyline, I'm almost scared to play KotOR II. And if it's as easy to mod as this game is, my life might be over.

Same Here! :D

Wow Achillies, lightside and darkside agreeing again... this could be a sign! :D

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 02:08 AM

Easy nacho35, let me explain! :D

Despite what I post alot here on the boards, darkside wise, around 80% of the time I run around in the game with my hooded Darth Revan's robe on and wielding 2 of my Red Darth Revan Lightsabers and I always help everyone, I usually have less than 5 or so points to go to Lightside mastery by the time I leave Dantooine!

My theory is Good Guys CAN wear Black, carry Red Lightsabers, and look very impressive, all while doing some good!

And that is always how I have played KOTOR, when not testing a mod. I've only actually went darkside all the way through 2 times. I love KOTOR because you can go through the whole game lightside and the fall to the darkside on the temple summit, and that just feels more like Star Wars to me. :D

Colma Adawin
08-11-2004, 03:50 AM
I'm starting to run out of stuff to mod. I might have to start making DS stuff pretty soon :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p

give me one day and i'll give you a LIST of modding ideas :D:D (i think) :p (joking :p maybe just 2 ideas :p)

well good luck on the DS mods

MattCole

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 04:38 AM

give me one day and i'll give you a LIST of modding ideas :D:D (i think) :p (joking :p maybe just 2 ideas :p)

MattCole

Don't worry Matt... with the possible release of KOTOR:TSL around 4 months away, I don't see that being too much a problem for Achillies... or me! :D

Achilles
08-11-2004, 05:12 AM

MattCole

I recently received permission from Prime and Numark79 to use their movie style robes. Now I can publish all the wicked cool robes that I've made, but not released.

*braces self for MattColejk's explosive aneurism*

Watch for updates :p

Colma Adawin
08-11-2004, 08:21 AM
I recently received permission from Prime and Numark79 to use their movie style robes. Now I can publish all the wicked cool robes that I've made, but not released.

*braces self for MattColejk's explosive aneurism*

Watch for updates :p

you wish :p

MattCole

Achilles
08-11-2004, 01:13 PM
you wish :p

MattCole

Not really. Just waiting for an outburst like last time.

Looks like you may have gotten it all out of your system. Cool....

Colma Adawin
08-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Not really. Just waiting for an outburst like last time.

Looks like you may have gotten it all out of your system. Cool....

That hurts Achillies, what did i do to deserve that :cry8:

i dont know what possesed you to post that but im REALLY OFFENDED by that post

MattCole

nacho35
08-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Easy nacho35, let me explain! :D
My theory is Good Guys CAN wear Black, carry Red Lightsabers, and look very impressive, all while doing some good!

I am mostly a good guy. Now, the casual observer might not see it that way by looking @ my light/dark meter but then again I believe Star Wars to be skewed towards the good.

Using a little rage is allright and can be beneficial (you should never keep your emotions bottled up).

I also think that laying down a little suppression fire of lightning can save innocent lives!:lightning

Achilles
08-11-2004, 08:37 PM

MattCole

*LOL* The truth usually does.

Sorry that you are offended, as my intention was to make light of your propensity for melodrama, not upset you further.

My apologies.

jedi_5002
08-12-2004, 12:48 AM

MattCole

The DARK SIDE possesed him!!! :D

I always go Light Side. I need to go to the Dark Side on the Temple Summit (just to see the cool dialog from Bastila (if that doesn't make you go to the Dark Side, nothing will :D)).

As for lack of LS mods, if it hasn't been made, make it yourself, or take someone else's work change it to your heart's content and use it for yourself.
I have the Boba Fett armor mod and Helmet mod (of course I have them (avatar)). I changed the uti files to make it more powerful and LS only, for the True* Light Side user, like me. :) I also made my own lightsaber, and blasters (only uti, but still) in the same modus operandi.

*Not a strict Jedi Code follower (like Jolee). You can have love and passion**, so long as you don't let them rule you, stuff like that.

**Mmmmmm... Bastila... *drool* (I had to put this in :D)

:fett:

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 01:50 AM
I also think that laying down a little suppression fire of lightning can save innocent lives!:lightning

I agree with you nacho35! :D

Believe it or not Force Lightning has other non-harmful and quite beneficial uses as well...

Once I used Force Lightning to power a Corellian Blocade Runner for a real short hyperspace jump! :D

And multiple times I used Force Lightning to heat up a metal plate to cook meals! :D

And Jedi_5002 you have a real Bastila fixation there, might I suggest any of the works of Shirow Masamune, that might help ween you from Bastila's pixelated clutches! J/K :D

Achilles
08-12-2004, 02:15 AM

And multiple times I used Force Lightning to heat up a metal plate to cook meals! :D

Microwaved food never tastes the same :(

I once accidentally gave one of my LS NPC's force choke. Wouldn't you know that was the first things he always cast. Made the fighting go quicker, but I really wanted to put him in time out for misusing the Force.

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Microwaved food never tastes the same :(

Technically... it is classicly cooked because the heated metal plate acts as a normal stove top, and you have to remember how funky the Imperial and Rebel foodpacks are! :D

I once accidentally gave one of my LS NPC's force choke. Wouldn't you know that was the first things he always cast. Made the fighting go quicker, but I really wanted to put him in time out for misusing the Force.

LOL!!! Time out for misusing the Force! That's a good one! :D

But seriously, that has to do with the fact you gave them a damaging Force Power they now could use and their combat script will always go right for it first.

I always give Juhani Force Lightning and then laugh at her as she berates me for doing dark acts right after frying some NPC's herself! :D

Colma Adawin
08-12-2004, 02:47 AM
*LOL* The truth usually does.

Sorry that you are offended, as my intention was to make light of your propensity for melodrama, not upset you further.

My apologies.

thats ok, i forgive you bud, knowing my luck your probably right :p

Forgive and Forget

MattCole

Achilles
08-12-2004, 04:29 AM

But seriously, that has to do with the fact you gave them a damaging Force Power they now could use and their combat script will always go right for it first.

I always give Juhani Force Lightning and then laugh at her as she berates me for doing dark acts right after frying some NPC's herself! :D

I guess that just goes to show that power corrupts and Force power corrupt absolutely...or something like that.

I wonder why I don't see Juhani casting slow more often.

Achilles
08-12-2004, 04:29 AM
thats ok, i forgive you bud, knowing my luck your probably right :p

Forgive and Forget

MattCole

Pretty sure that I am :D Thanks though!

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 04:35 AM
I wonder why I don't see Juhani casting slow more often.

It is not a direct damage power, the attack scripts will use direct damage powers instead, like Lightning and Choke.

Achilles
08-12-2004, 04:45 AM
It is not a direct damage power, the attack scripts will use direct damage powers instead, like Lightning and Choke.

I guess that makes sense.

About what you said earlier (re: Juhani with DS powers). When I play DS I always give Jolee DS powers too. He preaches up a storm on the temple summit, but there he is coming hard with Force Storm and Force Kill :)

Makes me thankful that they're being more dynamic with NPCs in II

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 04:58 AM
I guess that makes sense.

About what you said earlier (re: Juhani with DS powers). When I play DS I always give Jolee DS powers too. He preaches up a storm on the temple summit, but there he is coming hard with Force Storm and Force Kill :)

I noticed that as well, it is both humorous and wrong on so many levels! :rolleyes: And something easily correctable with a patch... yeah, I know that will be the day! :D

Makes me thankful that they're being more dynamic with NPCs in II

Agreed! :D

Achilles
08-12-2004, 05:04 AM
I noticed that as well, it is both humorous and wrong on so many levels! :rolleyes: And something easily correctable with a patch... yeah, I know that will be the day! :D

Agreed! :D

Now Canderous...he makes a good Dark Jedi. You have to avoid having dialog with him to keep the suspension of disbelief going but it's worth the trouble.

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Now Canderous...he makes a good Dark Jedi. You have to avoid having dialog with him to keep the suspension of disbelief going but it's worth the trouble.

I've never have had Canderous a Jedi... something about a Mandalorian Jedi that just never worked for me, I would quickly miss him in his armor and dealing out the hurt with his heavy repeater.

Something I'll have to try though! :D

Achilles
08-12-2004, 05:26 AM
I've never have had Canderous a Jedi... something about a Mandalorian Jedi that just never worked for me, I would quickly miss him in his armor and dealing out the hurt with his heavy repeater.

Something I'll have to try though! :D

GAH!!! Heavy repeater?!

Newsflash:
Strength=Melee weapons
Dexterity=Ranged weapons

Canderous has a lot of the latter, but not too much of the former. Now I know that Bioware mislead you by giving him Heavy Weapons feats and a repeater with his name engraved on the side, but if you really want to hurt things with canderous, put him in some heavy armor with Yusani's Brand (or double Baragwin blades).

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 05:41 AM
^^^^
True... Achillies but I also know the PnP D20 system very well, enough that I hate it with a passion, so one of the first things I did was correct that quite obvious error in his .utc file, I reversed his Strength and Dexterity so now his engraved Heavy Repeater kicks some major behind! :D

Another error is it also has the Soldier class as Strength as the primary attribute when Dexterity should have been the primary for a Soldier in any modern ranged weapon game setting, meaning any game setting with repeating firearms on up to Blasters and Turbolasers.

Achilles
08-12-2004, 05:51 AM
^^^^
True... Achillies but I also know the PnP D20 system very well, enough that I hate it with a passion, so one of the first things I did was correct that quite obvious error in his .utc file, I reversed his Strength and Dexterity so now his engraved Heavy Repeater kicks some major behind! :D

Another error is it also has the Soldier class as Strength as the primary attribute when Dexterity should have been the primary for a Soldier in any modern ranged weapon game setting, meaning any game setting with repeating firearms on up to Blasters and Turbolasers.

Here's something else that I thought was curious:

Jedi Guardians have Stength as primary attirbute and as their LS Mastery Bonus.

Sentinels: Wisdom and Constitution

Consulars: Wisdom and Charisma

Notice that Guardians get +8 strength when all is said and done (if left to its own devices). Will all the other attack enhancements seems like Jedi Guardians have a seriously unfair combat advantage.

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 05:56 AM
Here's something else that I thought was curious:

Jedi Guardians have Stength as primary attirbute and as their LS Mastery Bonus.

Sentinels: Wisdom and Constitution

Consulars: Wisdom and Charisma

Notice that Guardians get +8 strength when all is said and done (if left to its own devices). Will all the other attack enhancements seems like Jedi Guardians have a seriously unfair combat advantage.

Yeah... I noticed that as well, it is part of my disdain of the PnP WOTC D20 RPG System, it is riddled with things like this, obvious exploits that would make life a living-hell for a GM, who can alter or change those rules before starting, and even more of a problem on a computer with it's very rigid rules enforcement.

Achilles
08-12-2004, 06:13 AM
Yeah... I noticed that as well, it is part of my disdain of the PnP WOTC D20 RPG System, it is riddled with things like this, obvious exploits that would make life a living-hell for a GM, who can alter or change those rules before starting, and even more of a problem on a computer with it's very rigid rules enforcement.

I got around it by changing the Guardian's recommended attribute to Constitution. He's still powerful, but not as redicuously so.

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 06:25 AM
I got around it by changing the Guardian's recommended attribute to Constitution. He's still powerful, but not as redicuously so.

I have done that as well! :D

I wish they would have used the original West End Games Star Wars D6 RPG system, it would be awesome as a PC game, it is a more character driven system, you have an alterable Character Template and not a Class, it is not as equipment dependant, and has no level system so expirience is open ended and is something spent to actually improve your skills, powers, etc.

I think of all the expirience wasted on the Star Forge because you are all ready level 20 and it almost is... discouraging.

Of course the bright side is they are adding Presiege Classes for KOTOR:TSL! :D

Achilles
08-12-2004, 06:33 AM
I have done that as well! :D

I wish they would have used the original West End Games Star Wars D6 RPG system, it would be awesome as a PC game, it is a more character driven system, you have an alterable Character Template and not a Class, it is not as equipment dependant, and has no level system so expirience is open ended and is something spent to actually improve your skills, powers, etc.

I think of all the expirience wasted on the Star Forge because you are all ready level 20 and it almost is... discouraging.

Of course the bright side is they are adding Presiege Classes for KOTOR:TSL! :D

Grrr...talk about experience wasted. W(hy)TF do you still find credits on the Unknown World and saber crystals on the star forge??? Useless.

That Jedi that Malak kills just outside the Observation Deck has 7 credits on him. What the hell is that about?

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Grrr...talk about experience wasted. W(hy)TF do you still find credits on the Unknown World and saber crystals on the star forge??? Useless.

That Jedi that Malak kills just outside the Observation Deck has 7 credits on him. What the hell is that about?

Possibly for the KOTOR 3 rebuild the Jedi Order fund! :D

As for finding credits on the Unknown World I believe there was supposed to be a merchant of some sort in the Elder encampment on the unknown world but it got scrapped.

Why it gives some of that stuff on the Star Forge I have no idea. Probably leftovers from the rest of the game, rewarding you for the kill, etc.

I agree though it is still quite useless!

I mean they could have had a workbench just before you went in to face Malak, that would have made at least some sense!

Achilles
08-12-2004, 06:52 AM

As for finding credits on the Unknown World I believe there was supposed to be a merchant of some sort in the Elder encampment on the unknown world but it got scrapped.

Why it gives some of that stuff on the Star Forge I have no idea. Probably leftovers from the rest of the game, rewarding you for the kill, etc.

I mean they could have had a workbench just before you went in to face Malak, that would have made at least some sense!

That room with all the droids would have been perfect for it too.

Hmmm...Elder merchant....

nacho35
08-12-2004, 10:53 AM

I wouldn't mind at all if you could import your character's stats & exp (at least) into the next game.

Achilles
08-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't mind at all if you could import your character's stats & exp (at least) into the next game.

You can. There's a link for it in the Modding KotOR sticky over in Holowan. Never read it myself, I just happen to know it's there.

nacho35
08-12-2004, 12:56 PM
You can. There's a link for it in the Modding KotOR sticky over in Holowan. Never read it myself, I just happen to know it's there.

By next game I meant the first game of KOTOR TSL. That way it wouldn't be such a waste to get all that exp and items on the star forge.

kome566
08-12-2004, 02:03 PM

Right... a workbench inside the crazy droid spawning stations . . .:D But its kinda wierd when you get all this stuff and xp but it goes to waste...Maybe adjust the level to 25 next time Obsidian? :D

Achilles
08-12-2004, 08:03 PM
By next game I meant the first game of KOTOR TSL. That way it wouldn't be such a waste to get all that exp and items on the star forge.

Gotcha now...yeah, pretty sure that won't happen :)

Achilles
08-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Right... a workbench inside the crazy droid spawning stations . . .:D

Sure, why not? They had one in the Black Vulkar Base. They had another one in Rakata Temple full o' Sith. Having one in a Droid room makes just as much sense to me.

Just my 2 cents.

RedHawke
08-13-2004, 02:20 AM
^^^^
Once again, I agree Achillies! :D

The Droid spawning area screamed for a Workbench, it was pretty lame that they didn't have one there too.

How could that station be called a Star Forge when there wasn't a single workbench in the whole freakin' place!!! :confused:

Now it's 4 cents Achillies your 2 and my 2.

Achilles
08-13-2004, 04:29 AM
^^^^
Once again, I agree Achillies! :D

The Droid spawning area screamed for a Workbench, it was pretty lame that they didn't have one there too.

How could that station be called a Star Forge when there wasn't a single workbench in the whole freakin' place!!! :confused:

Now it's 4 cents Achillies your 2 and my 2.

Hell, now I'm motivated to just mod one in there. Too bad I'm already in the habit of making sure I have everything just how I want it before leaving the ebon hawk...

Completely off the subject: Do you think that the star forge should have been timed?

RedHawke
08-13-2004, 05:18 AM
Hell, now I'm motivated to just mod one in there. Too bad I'm already in the habit of making sure I have everything just how I want it before leaving the ebon hawk...

You do the workbench and I'll see about adding a merchant to the Elder encampment! :D

He'll sell only 3 things; Computer Spikes, Construction Kits and Life Support Packs, at exorbant prices, gotta have something to spend all those wasted credits on! :D

And an Insta-Kill Disruptor that only works on Gizka! J/K :D

Completely off the subject: Do you think that the star forge should have been timed?

An interesting question... and one I have not thought much about... It would definately add in a degree of pressure to get to Malak as soon as possible!

Achilles
08-13-2004, 05:42 AM
You do the workbench and I'll see about adding a merchant to the Elder encampment! :D

He'll sell only 3 things; Computer Spikes, Construction Kits and Life Support Packs, at exorbant prices, gotta have something to spend all those wasted credits on! :D

And an Insta-Kill Disruptor that only works on Gizka! J/K :D

Better yet, he only sells Gizka poison and he gives you a side quest that involves killing all the little b@$tards you can find.

RedHawke
08-13-2004, 05:48 AM
Better yet, he only sells Gizka poison and he gives you a side quest that involves killing all the little b@$tards you can find.

:rofl:

Hmm... I take it the Gizka messing up the Ebon Hawk for over half the game irritates you as well! :D

Achilles
08-13-2004, 06:03 AM
:rofl:

Hmm... I take it the Gizka messing up the Ebon Hawk for over half the game irritates you as well! :D

Not really....I kill them as soon as I possibly can :evil2:

RedHawke
08-13-2004, 06:13 AM
Not really....I kill them as soon as I possibly can :evil2:

I always con the Selkath on Manaan to take them off my hands.

Achilles
08-13-2004, 06:18 AM
I always con the Selkath on Manaan to take them off my hands.

I believe you get more XP if you kill them with the poison.

From the GameBanshee walkthough:

The Poison Method:
At least two places on Tatooine sell "Gizka Poison." The handy merchant in the Tatooine Docking Bay sells it for 350 credits, and so does the bartender at the Anchorhead Cantina. Once you've procured a dose, step onboard the 'Hawk, activate a Gizka (eww) and feed it the poison for 560xp.

The Non-lethal Alternative:
Head to Manaan, and in the Docking Bay you'll find Nubassa, who will take the Gizka off the ship if you give him 100 credits. With a little persuasion, you can convince him to pay you the 100. You'll get 500xp as well.

The Meh Approach:
So the Gizka are on your ship. So what? If you allow them to stay, they'll eventually scatter off the ship when you get to the Unknown World.

RedHawke
08-13-2004, 06:23 AM
^^^^
I always go the 500 Exp. non leathal Manaan approach, it is 60 less exp, but the 100 credits is better than none.

You also save the 350 credits you spend on poison.

Achilles
08-13-2004, 07:01 AM
^^^^
I always go the 500 Exp. non leathal Manaan approach, it is 60 less exp, but the 100 credits is better than none.

You also save the 350 credits you spend on poison.

It's not about the credits...it's about the mayhem.

adillon
08-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
I feel really bad for the person I'm beating up on.
ditto on that, but i still always try to go as bad as i can ... make my alter ego as different from the real me as possible. i even got really pissed one time because i received a TON of lightside points (was as close to fully dark as possible) and it tossed me back up into the neutral area.

DarthBuzzard
08-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Dark Side...I AM a Sith Lord after all...

The Force powers are cool, but at night I sometimes wonder, "Did I really have to kill that girl? " Its a real concience buster.

But...Jolee always has DS powers, and on the Temple Summit, hes like "Don't go to the Dark Side!" *Death Field* *Kill* *Force Storm* (right here is about the time Bastila collapses :mad:)

BTW... - I know im going back on the thread a long way, but I also have a serious Bastila fixation...

PS. Hey Dravis...nice name. I take your a Descent Fan :D

Achilles
08-27-2004, 01:19 AM
:eyeraise:

RedHawke
08-27-2004, 01:23 AM
^^^^
Mee too Achillies... :eyes8:

DarthBuzzard you should delete one of those posts.

[Captain Kirk]

Why... Won't... This... Thread... Die???

[/Captain Kirk]

DarthBuzzard
08-27-2004, 01:25 AM
^^^^

DarthBuzzard you should delete one of those posts.

Done and Done :bat1:

aw come on...you just have to accept the fact that I'm stranger than most people on the planet. So what if I'm attracted to a pixel-generated chick? Plenty of others are...

Yeesh. Adults these days...

PS. Achilles spammed! Moderator! Moderator! :D

Achilles
08-27-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
PS. Achilles spammed! Moderator! Moderator! :D
Well, I could have said more but it would have only taken away from the experience.

PS: ask your parents to tell you about throwing stones in glass houses someday :)

-Zack-
08-27-2004, 07:19 AM
I choose light still tough there should be neutral because they always say that there is no good, without evil and there is no evil, without good. If everyone is good then you can't understand that there is any good or evil.

That's why I would've chosen neutral because then I could see both sides.

Achilles
08-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by -Zack-
I choose light still tough there should be neutral because they always say that there is no good, without evil and there is no evil, without good. If everyone is good then you can't understand that there is any good or evil.

That's why I would've chosen neutral because then I could see both sides.
You can choose neutral. You make some LS decision and some DS decision (and some neutral decisions) and you end up undifferentiated.

kome566
08-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Youre starting to kinda scare me now Buzzard.... Darkside since I'm like totally MuAhAhAhAHahahahahahaha against Dark Jedi....but ....force powers r kinda cheesy....only if my enemy uses them! :D :D :D

DarthBuzzard
08-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah, that was kinda unprofessional and not mature...

I hate when I act on impulse :mad:

Ah well it's deleted and I will control myself in the future. ;)