PDA

View Full Version : The Great Migration

Sherack Nhar
06-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Well people, this board is dead or dying (however you wanna look at it), so a few people and myself began to take steps to save what's left of this great community!

It all started a few days ago when Clefo suggested we create a new forum that would not contain popups (especially not the nasty UGO ones riddled with spyware). I approved and we began building something on EZBoard with the help of Rhett and Fergie. However... we know that a community cannot last unless it is constantly fueled by newbies. It's the sad truth; this place is dead because only the old timers remain. We need some fresh meat to cook-- err, I mean, fresh blood to rejuvenate the community! ^_^;

So an isolated EZBoard is not a viable solution. This is where Eets came in and said we were all stupid and stuff. He went over to Echobase Network (http://www.echonetwork.net/) and asked one of the administrators there, Wacky (who also visits LucasForums) for some sort of shelter. Wacky, being the nice man that he is, offered us this sweet deal:

- We get our own clean Geebee II forum, hosted by the Echobase Network Forums (http://www.echonetwork.net/vb/).
- We must agree on one and only one administrator for our forum.
- We get to personalize our forum however we like, with a different graphic design than the rest of Echobase if we wish!

I think it's a pretty sweet deal, and it's awfully nice of them to offer it. However, before accepting, I recommended that we first poll the people concerned: you! That's why I set up this poll. If we accept the deal, will you leave this place and start posting on the new forum on EB? If we get enough "Yes"s, we'll do it! We just gotta make sure that everybody will follow along!

Eets
06-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
This is where Eets came in and said we were all stupid and stuff.

I second this opinion! That Eets guy sure is smart.

Also, if we do decide to have our own sexy sweet design, *everyone* gets a chance to put their two cents in on it.

Clefo
06-04-2004, 04:37 PM
I think that fella Clefo deserves some credit for coming up with the first idea, which pretty much led to the second idea ;)

Eets
06-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
I think that fella Clefo deserves some credit for coming up with the first idea, which pretty much led to the second idea ;)

Agreed, but you're all still stupid and stuff. :D

EDIT: Did I mention that the avatar limit there is 100x100? ;)

Wacky_Baccy
06-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Wow, I don't think I've posted here in over a year...

Nice to see lots of familiar faces still chewing on the woodwork (or crawling out of it, in Eets' case) :D

(Oh, and it's "EchoNetwork" - EchoBase being the community forums for it ^_~)

*votes "Yes" just to be mischievous, and runs off*

Billy Shears
06-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Well people, this board is dead or dying (however you wanna look at it), so a few people and myself began to take steps to save what's left of this great community!

You crazy coot. The Promised Land doesn't actually exist. It's just a myth.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut......if it does, I would say yea to it. This place is dead. However, if everyone isn't here, how are they going to see this?

swphreak
06-04-2004, 06:07 PM
No popups!

And our chat *cough (irc://irc.gamesurge.net/echonet)* is a lot cooler than LF's[/shameless promotion].

*selects the "been there for awhile" option in poll*

Sherack Nhar
06-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Eets
EDIT: Did I mention that the avatar limit there is 100x100? ;) Well I was sold before, but now I'm even moreso! >_>

Clefo
06-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Billy Shears
However, if everyone isn't here, how are they going to see this?

Oh they'll know, they'll know. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA *ahem*

Seriously? I think it'll be passed through via word of mouth (IMing and such)

Darth Homer
06-04-2004, 08:48 PM
I will go with you guys...I get so bored and lonely waiting for a post here...

sooo lonely....

Eets
06-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Homer
I will go with you guys...I get so bored and lonely waiting for a post here...

sooo lonely....

Did I mention every Echonet member gets a complimentary Russian Bride? :eek:

legameboy
06-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Did I mention every Echonet member gets a complimentary Russian Bride? :eek:

:eek:

I'm in!

*runs off to EchoBase...Net...*

Darth_Rommel
06-05-2004, 02:54 AM
However... we know that a community cannot last unless it is constantly fueled by newbies. It's the sad truth; this place is dead because only the old timers remain. We need some fresh meat to cook-- err, I mean, fresh blood to rejuvenate the community! ^_^;

So an isolated EZBoard is not a viable solution.

-LF is a huge network, the GB forums are a part of that network. The link to these forums is still on the main page, and despite that, none of these new members are bothering to post here.

The problem with these boards is that GB sucks. GB will STILL suck if the board is 'moved'. We'd just have less people NOT posting at Echonetwork.

But why not? Totally free... and at worst we'd just find ourselves in the same situation. Except without spyware. :)

Sherack Nhar
06-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
The problem with these boards is that GB sucks. GB will STILL suck if the board is 'moved'. We'd just have less people NOT posting at Echonetwork. That's not the same thing. We just want a forum that old GBers can call home, so we can keep the community together. The topic won't even be about GB, it'll just be another off topic forum like this one. Only this time, it'll be on a network that is still very much alive and well-maintained.

Clefo
06-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah Rommster (The hell you've been anyway?) , we deduced that GB sucked a loooooong time before this became dead and the spyware came :D

Fishflesh
06-05-2004, 11:39 AM
its a nice idea...

-but only if we are able to get new pepole there
-and if this is done of cores everybody sould be informed
-and i must become the administrator :D

Darth_Rommel
06-05-2004, 03:43 PM
That's not the same thing. We just want a forum that old GBers can call home, so we can keep the community together. The topic won't even be about GB, it'll just be another off topic forum like this one. Only this time, it'll be on a network that is still very much alive and well-maintained.

ic. It was a pretty fun community - I don't blame you for wanting to bring it back somehow. Of course they've already GOT an off-topic forum... but I suppose the idea has already been discussed and analyzed. Given a few pokes and prods and found to be sturdy.

I guess my answer to the original question is yes. :eek:

Originally posted by Clefo
Yeah Rommster (The hell you've been anyway?) , we deduced that GB sucked a loooooong time before this became dead and the spyware came :D

I think we should all reinstall and have a few games to celebrate the grand opening of our new forum. ;)

pandemonium
06-06-2004, 01:28 AM
^ That DR fellow is delightfully funny. ;) ^

We really should've had the "Senate" vote on this issue. Eh? Eh?! (anyone else remember that?)

Zygomaticus
06-06-2004, 03:21 AM
Meow.

Tie Guy
06-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Dang it, Sherack, you're making me post here again! ;)

I'd say yes, though the main reason i never come here anymore is that my quick-link here is broken, i think a fresh forum might rejuvenate things.

Oh, but why call is GB II, why not think of somethign more creative and (like others have said) not related to a terrible game?

Oh, btw, good to see y'all again. And galaxies owns my life.

Zygomaticus
06-07-2004, 04:29 AM
KOTOR 0wned me for the past week. 40 hours of gaming goodness...most time I've ever spent playing computer games in a single week since...well, since I was 12, I think... :indif:

Now it's all over... :(

Sherack Nhar
06-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Dang it, Sherack, you're making me post here again! ;)

I'd say yes, though the main reason i never come here anymore is that my quick-link here is broken, i think a fresh forum might rejuvenate things.

Oh, but why call is GB II, why not think of somethign more creative and (like others have said) not related to a terrible game? Welcome back Tie Guy! I don't mind a new name, I suggested Geebee II not because it refers to the game, but because it refers to our good old Legends of the Spam (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63364) :D

If anybody has a suggestion for a new name, post it!

Darth Homer
06-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Jar-Jar's Happy Funtime Forum

Roasted Gungan Cafe

Anchorhead

Imperial Outpost

Death Star Lounge

Vader's Game Room

Eets
06-07-2004, 02:21 PM
The GeeBee Refugee Sortee :)

Clefo
06-07-2004, 02:26 PM
OMNI FORUM! :D j/k

Darth Homer
06-07-2004, 02:52 PM
The Great Pit of Carkoon

Jabba's Palace

Jedi Council

League of Sepratists

Billy Shears
06-07-2004, 03:55 PM
The League of Extraodinary Gamers?

Clefo
06-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Viper's Vineyard

Other Movies Mark Hamill Was In

Mediocre Derivitive Liscened RTS Gamer's Hangout

darthfergie
06-07-2004, 05:20 PM
WOW...the first http://www.lucasforums.com/gbcom/hotfolder.gif hot topic we've had in oh so long. And so many oldbies runnin around too! Crazy crazy.

I'm for it, btw.

Dath Maximus
06-08-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
No popups!

And our chat *cough (irc://irc.gamesurge.net/echonet)* is a lot cooler than LF's[/shameless promotion].

*selects the "been there for awhile" option in poll*

as one of the admins at EB, I feel i should point out that Phreak here should not be listened to. The other administrators and myself, still can't figure out why he goes around talking to people about our forum.

But anywho, i say go there...

Jed
06-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Dath, stop scaring people away.

EN has much to offer you, guys.

We make you good deal.

lukeiamyourdad
06-09-2004, 09:27 PM
I suppose I'll join. These boards are indeed dead.

People just don't have a GB2 so nothing will be posted here.

Look at SWK. Doesn't have such a huge amount of posters yet it's more alive then here. Thye have their sequel.

Treacherous Mercenary
06-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Now I know how some of you peoples joined EB. :D Come along though, it's somewhat alive, but if you help along aswell. ;)

Eets
06-11-2004, 05:06 PM
So since it's nearly unanimous *slaps whoever voted no* I think it's time we start choosing the admin so we can start working on the layout.. >_>

Wacky_Baccy
06-11-2004, 05:09 PM
*votes for Eets, since he knows all the graphically stuff and can use the vB admin panel*

'n stuff...

And shocking as it is, I trust him :o

:p

fuzzyfreaker
06-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi. This forum is dead. Lets Make it LIVE!

Zygomaticus
06-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Why not just integrate ourselves with the Echobase community? They seem like a nice group of people. The way we have it now, we may get nothing more than the 10-15 oldbies we have going around here. And as has been agreed upon, we need fresh blood.

Otherwise, I vote for Boba Rhett. He was always a cool guy. :p

Snafu7
06-11-2004, 10:19 PM
It's sounds like a good Idea to me, go for it.

Eets
06-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by krkode
Why not just integrate ourselves with the Echobase community? They seem like a nice group of people. The way we have it now, we may get nothing more than the 10-15 oldbies we have going around here. And as has been agreed upon, we need fresh blood.

I was actually thinking about that myself. It might be easier just to hang out over there in general more than here. It seems like most of you guys have already joined up over there anyway.. :D

Compa_Mighty
06-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Definitely a good idea, still it'd be sad to abandon this place. I think we must ask DMUK what he thinks first, as he saved this site form what seemed a sure death about a year ago.

Other than that, I'm all for it, as long as everyone is informed.

As for the Administrator, I think Rhett should be it, unless Sherack wants the work.

Clefo
06-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, This is really only for the OT portion of GB. The people who still talk about GB can do whatever they want. (And a year ago the OT wasn't near the verge of death :))

Sherack Nhar
06-14-2004, 09:44 PM
1) I'd still prefer to have our own GB forum over there for now. We get our own admin and layout. The integration with the rest of Echobase will surely come with time, so let's not force it.

2) DMUK? Screw that. As far as I'm concerned, he's not part of this very community, for the very simply reason that he doesn't even post here.

3) I say we choose Eets as our first admin since he's the best for layout and stuff, and then after the job's done we let him administer our forum. If he doesn't do a nice job, we'll simply switch ;) And no, I don't want the position. Personally I was thinking that if we have to switch, we should pick good and fresh blood: Darth Homer ^_^

4) We'll start setting up the stuff at Echobase this week. I'm thinking of a thursday or friday opening, how does that sound?

Snafu7
06-14-2004, 10:38 PM
sounds like a good idea to me

Artoo
06-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Finalyl a place of rest for my weary forrumy bones! I can sit down in my rocker and reminisce about TUIW and LotS while simultaneously complainging about the population of 'whippersnappers' who post more than four or five times in a day. ;)

lukeiamyourdad
06-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Right. DMUK might be a good guy and he might own Galactic battles but the Off-Topic community lives without him(sorry DMUK).

Echuu Shen-Jon
06-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Ooh, I posted here =P

I can see the forum over there even though it isn't finished because I'm a moderator, and I can safely assure you, that the template is teh ro><0Rz already, though it isn't finished yet =D

You'll be integrated with us lot before you can say huzzah - I'll promise that ^_^

Looking forward to greet you all at The Best Forum In This Galaxy™ (EchoBase if any doubt =P)

Eets
06-26-2004, 02:42 PM
:wstupid:

What he said. The design is almost finished, and we'll all be able to move in real soon ^_^

Sherack Nhar
06-27-2004, 12:06 AM
:wstupid:

What he said. The design is almost finished, and we'll all be able to move in real soon ^_^ Yeah, if Eets ever figures out the deeply complex art of HTML... :D I saw the design too, it does rock. I think everyone will be happy about it!

Zygomaticus
06-27-2004, 12:31 PM
I don't think I'll like it... :indif:

:D

Havoc Stryphe
06-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Aw, What the heck...

I'm in!

What's the difference? Just a different forum I can't find the time to post to! :p

By the way, I miss you guys..... :(

Zygomaticus
06-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe
Aw, What the heck...

I'm in!

What's the difference? Just a different forum I can't find the time to post to! :p

By the way, I miss you guys..... :(

I missed you too. :D

Treacherous Mercenary
06-30-2004, 10:43 AM
*Run tackle huggles Havoc!!!*

Sherack Nhar
06-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe
Aw, What the heck...

I'm in!

By the way, I miss you guys..... :( Dammit Havoc, where have you REALLY been? >_> You've been gone for way too long, my friend!

Tie Guy
06-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Havoc! So nice to see...your avatar again!

Seriously man, its great to see your still alive. I miss all these guys too.

So, i've decided....you guys should all play Glaxies on Eclipse. Then it would be prefect! :D

Artoo
06-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Wow, there's actually signs of life, and Havoc posted! Amazing!

Wait a second... I have an idea!!!

Eets
07-01-2004, 04:27 PM
So, i've decided....you guys should all play Glaxies on Eclipse. Then it would be prefect! :D

o_o

..We did! For 14 days! :D

swphreak
07-02-2004, 01:15 AM

Pay for me, and I will. :D

Compa_Mighty
07-02-2004, 06:19 PM
When's the move?

Echuu Shen-Jon
07-03-2004, 05:53 AM
When Eets and Sherack open it ;) :p

Nobody really knows; I saw it today, and some of the buttons are still missing, so it may take some time :)

2nd post on LucasForums in a loooong time *shudders*

Sherack Nhar
07-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Whenever Eets stops being a lazy ASS and decides to make those buttons -_-

Eets
07-03-2004, 11:35 PM
http://marbella.to/humour/mar00/images/ass.jpg

Young David
07-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Who are all this newbies here? Am I popped into the same forum with those? ....

I I was an admin ...

Well, anyways, we'll see if that new forum will work (If they'd just transfer my smileys to over there ...)

Eets
07-09-2004, 09:42 PM
You were an admin? o_O

Which smileys? >_>

Young David
07-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Yeah ... the first I should have been an if ...

And my smileys ... don't say that they were before your time ... cause that would make me ancient. But I don't think it was ...

:thrawn: :xizor: :lando: :chewie: :speeder: :dtrooper: :holosid: :r2d2:

With that first smiley, Thrawn, a smileymaking hype was begun.