PDA

View Full Version : Music in SWGB


TheDragonJP
10-02-2001, 12:58 AM
I know many of you have played the demo and have noticed that there is no music playing during multiplayer and the first mission of the campaign. Can someone tell me if there will be music in the full version playing when your in multiplayer, skirmish, campaign, etc? thanks.

--JPDragon

Kvan
10-02-2001, 01:00 AM
I'm 99.9% certain there will be music in the game. I mean whats a game without music?
BTW Welcome to the boards! :)

TheDragonJP
10-02-2001, 01:05 AM
Thanks

:)

Kvan
10-02-2001, 01:19 AM
No problem :)
So do you think there gonna tweak the original SW music for the game?

DarkTrooper
10-02-2001, 01:32 AM
i think they should stick to the origanal score it rocked

Kvan
10-02-2001, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Darktrooper
i think they should stick to the origanal score it rocked Yeah it did, but what about stuff from the Epi. 1 soundtrack? I liked it and a lot of it was just a teaked up version from the original trilogy

General Theros
10-02-2001, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't exactly call Ep 1 soundtrack tweaked up from the origional score...... Ep 1 has themes from the classic trilogy that run throughout the whole thing but the themes aren't changed any.....not enough to call tweaked......it's an origional sound track with familiar themes throughout... ;)

General Theros

Kvan
10-02-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by General Theros
I wouldn't exactly call Ep 1 soundtrack tweaked up from the origional score...... Ep 1 has themes from the classic trilogy that run throughout the whole thing but the themes aren't changed any.....not enough to call tweaked......it's an origional sound track with familiar themes throughout... ;)

General Theros
"an origional sound track with familiar themes throughout" :D I call that a tweaked sound track ...at least some of it:)
All they did was mix up all the Original Soundtrack to make a new soundtrack. Or at least thats what I hear...

General Theros
10-02-2001, 02:48 AM
well....you might be partly right.... I haven't heard that cool ep 1 collectors soundtrack with the whole movie music on it. But musically speaking to make the soundtrack "tweaked" would require one to use the origional score and make it into a variation. Such as....and I use these with a bitter taste on my mouth the Force Commander soundtrack....that would be a "tweaked" or as a musician would call it....a variation. :) to add a comment for your side, one of the biggest reasons for the reuse of some old themes and thematic material is for dramatic purposes and for forshadowing. Also is the fact that some of the characters from the Classic trilogy that had their own themes make appearences in ep 1 (Jabba the Hutt for example). But when it comes down to it is that it is the same composer (John Williams) who wrote all of the music, added to that is if anyone wanted to dramatically change the soundtrack would turn it into a whole different movie. Part of what makes Star Wars what it is is the soundtrack. This adds some weight to your side saying that it is a lot of the same. It is...and it isn't. Depending on your point of view..... :)

General Ereb

"music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent." Victor Hugo

Kvan
10-02-2001, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by General Theros
well....you might be partly right.... I haven't heard that cool ep 1 collectors soundtrack with the whole movie music on it. But musically speaking to make the soundtrack "tweaked" would require one to use the origional score and make it into a variation. Such as....and I use these with a bitter taste on my mouth the Force Commander soundtrack....that would be a "tweaked" or as a musician would call it....a variation. :) to add a comment for your side, one of the biggest reasons for the reuse of some old themes and thematic material is for dramatic purposes and for forshadowing. Also is the fact that some of the characters from the Classic trilogy that had their own themes make appearences in ep 1 (Jabba the Hutt for example). But when it comes down to it is that it is the same composer (John Williams) who wrote all of the music, added to that is if anyone wanted to dramatically change the soundtrack would turn it into a whole different movie. Part of what makes Star Wars what it is is the soundtrack. This adds some weight to your side saying that it is a lot of the same. It is...and it isn't. Depending on your point of view..... :)

General Ereb

"music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent." Victor Hugo
I'll just say I agree :) I don't know how you can write something so long this late and actually have it make sense. You have my respect ;)
I do like that they re-used (or tweaked) some of the old material, for Epi.1. It gave it a kind of "familiar" feel.

General Theros
10-02-2001, 04:14 AM
well, I appreciate it......the only reason I can write so well so late is because I was talking about music...... FYI it's my major in school ;) I could talk for a while about it though I must call it quits for tonight....waaaay to late and I have earlier classes in the morning. sigh........oh well :) best wishes to all of you! Goodnight! btw....on the demo is there anyway to change the unit names from their class to their star wars equivelent...such as trooper recruits to stormtroopers or whatever?

General Theros

Olsmo Lahun
10-02-2001, 09:42 PM
:D