View Full Version : SWKOTOR 3: now has an official name!
06-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Ok, i've been thinking on this hard and i have come up with a good name, If you have read my other post you would know some details on what im going to do. Bellow is some highlights.
1. new planets (corasaunt,tatooine-morecities, and a few other planets.
2. An all new cast of playable & non-playable characters including Yoda.(this takes place about 800 years before the first movie so that Yoda can be in it hehe)
and much more..
now for the unbailing of the new title.Drum roll please....
Swkotor 3: Return of Exar Kun
THe mighty Exar kun has been resurected and is back causing havic and killing jedi's by the mass. Will the jedi win the battle or will Exar Kun win and rull the galaxies?
[cutsceen] After character creation you see a cutsceen of an old sith worshipers with a bag full of bones and lay them out as if putting a jig saw puzzle together. After they get all the bones layed out they start chanting as the leader says the words "Here lies the bones of Exar Kun, We worshipers of the sith ways call forth the spirit of Exar kun and take upon his bones and reserect him". Next thing you see is a flash of light then to the next cutsceen...
[cutsceen]You start out as a jedi padawan (around what ani was in 2) fresh from taking a saber dueling class you walk out into the hallway and over the loudspeakers hear your name being called along with others. You rush down the hallway into a room where others have gathered. Finaly a jedi instructor walks in and informs you and the rest that the jedi counsil has felt a great disturbance on Dantooine ( now rubble & wasteland) and that their most promising students must check it out and report back on what is going on.(from kotor 1-2 and sence now they didn't have very many jedi's) You leave the room to be escorted to a cargo bay with a (Xt-100?) cargo ship waiting for you. After you board the ship you see the ship door close and the ship take off..
and here is where you play. your on your way to dantooine to a temple.
I hope this has sparked interest in this and maybe gives people an idea on what im trying to do.
06-07-2004, 02:04 PM
here is a sample pic of the splash screen (where the ship picture was after the launcher)
06-07-2004, 02:07 PM
06-07-2004, 02:09 PM
try again, its fixed now or should be
06-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Are you attempting to make the mod out of Kotor?
06-08-2004, 11:34 PM
this isn't realy a mod. its a complete redo of the game. but uses the kotor engine. new planets & reskins etc.. so a whole new worlds using kotor engine.
06-08-2004, 11:45 PM
And how long to you expect to take to make this little marvel?
06-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Is this the new "name of the week" for that Galaxy Forge/Ancient Empires Mod?
06-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Hmm, that seems like a monumental task. Heck just skinning and modding is a bear let alone an entire rewrite of the game? Not to sound skeptical, but ya know I really question this kind of thing. Well, good luck with it all. We will all bow if you can pull it off. Cheers.
06-09-2004, 02:58 AM
No, this isnt the new name of the week for Ancient Empires. KOTOR AE has been and always will be named KOTOR AE. This is a different project being created by a dfferent person and has absolutely nothing to do with KOTOR AE.
06-09-2004, 09:33 AM
What makes you think that this is a `Name of the week´
06-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Nice idead but, by the time you release this KotOR 3 will be out.
06-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
Nice idead but, by the time you release this KotOR 3 will be out. It certainly is a major undertaking. I hope everyone is up for it...
06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey I really like your idea. The story line is great so far. Good luck on it and if you need any story help I would be glad to assist you. Hey if you don't mind have a Jedi named McQumi Madun :)
06-10-2004, 12:52 AM
ok, here are some answers.
1. This isn't a name of the week its the name of the title im calling it.(its not under some other mod its a full redo by itself)
2. Its release will definatly be after 2 comes out. no set date though.
3. If a 3 comes out then i'll just have to change it to 4 or whatever but i seriously dought they will do past 2.
4. I need all the help i can get. but i can only do this on weekends (witch is why its going to take so long)
Will need help in.
4a. Reskining all current playables to new.
4b. voice over (toward the end)
4c. Major help with trying to figure out how to do new worlds.
4d. cut sceens
This should get the majority done.
5. LOL McQumi, I'll think about it. hey how about being a jedi teacher (Master Madun) lol
06-10-2004, 03:13 AM
this isn't realy a mod. its a complete redo of the game. but uses the kotor engine. new planets & reskins etc.. so a whole new worlds using kotor engine. I need all the help i can get.
Are you sure you are not mgnails? That sounds exactly like something I've read from him.
But what makes you think this can be done? Talchia attempted the creation of a planet and nothing. Doom_Dealer started a major modding project that had a lot of help and that project has stalled (I think). Why not just join KotOR: AE if you are interested in this quest? It seems folly to me. You don't need to create a whole planet for people to enjoy your mod. If you can create a single new area, it would be praised.
06-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Well im a modder at the Anceint Empires team and we have 50 members now so I dont think we need more but you could always contact the leader mgnails
06-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by randydg
2. Its release will definatly be after 2 comes out. no set date though. I understand that things like this take a lot of time, but if you finish after Sith Lords comes out, you may find that you have a limited distribution. Most people will likely have moved on from KOTOR to KOTOR 2 by that time...
06-10-2004, 01:57 PM
i didnt really start a major modding program, it was just an idea weve had floating around, we stopped until models were cracked, as we decided we wanted something origininal, not some copy of all other modules, it never really started fully as we were just (as said) thinking about what we may do in the future, anyway, now we can get simple models in game, i guess something might form up ith the future.
Well im a modder at the Anceint Empires team and we have 50 members now so I dont think we need more but you could always contact the leader mgnails--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
actually, you don't. Youve got loads of registered forumers, but not many active members, and i thought mgnails was stepping down for abit :S?????
anyway, i have to say good luck with this, it'll be bloody hard. But youve proven yourself to be a great modder before, so i think you can do it. Ive got exams at the moment (booooo!) and then im working for abit so i wont be modding for about 1 1/2months, but i might be interested in helping after that.
anyway, good look with this,
Doom Out :)
06-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Dude thats great. He is the perfect jedi for your mod. If you can put him any where in the game that would be l33t. He would make a "nioce" playable character lol
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
I hope you can pull this off because you have me excited. Maybe you cna even try to get some other great moders to help you to cut down some time it will take to develop. I would love to help you with the story of the game, thats my favorite part.
06-10-2004, 04:23 PM
http://www.nivan.net/index2.html idk if this is ne help but here is a site with all of the star wars planets in the galaxy known.
06-10-2004, 04:26 PM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/category/ this link can be helpful too. Every creatue and species named.
06-10-2004, 10:42 PM
OK, time for more Q&A's i see. hehe
1.Yes, im sure im not him, If you look i've done other mods myself including "battle of dantooine" that i kinda developed then left the game for awhie and now comming back.
2.I don't wanna join another project. this is my idea and i want to stick by it and try the best i can at it. if i cann't do it where im happy with it then i just won't do it. but im going to give it my all.
3. I know i won't beable to do it alone. But i can atleast get the game mapped out how i want it to go, get characters names etc.., get the places i want to go all figured out all the way to the end. (sorta like writing a book) then sit down and start trying to make it happen.
4. Thanks for the links, im sure they will come in handy.
5. IM still iffy on the time frame. If i can get the majority done before episode 2 then i may change the time period. I may do a poll and see what people would want to see it in what time period.
Thanks for your support and interest in this project. I hope i have the chance to work with some of you and get this rolling soon. But i hope people aren't to disapointed if i don't find help and get it done in time. (if i have 1/2 or more of it done when 2 comes out then i may continue working on it, if not then more then likely i may just convert whats done to an expansion to 1.
06-10-2004, 10:46 PM
P.S. If anyone realy wants to help i need the following done asap before i can even get started.
1. Somehow uncompile or make a new script for the starting cutsceeen ( waking up in the bed) so it doesn't play that but playes what i want it to. ( i know i could just rename the movie but i want an uncompiled version so i can edit it later. to tell it what first cutsceen to go to and what first place to go to.
2. After #1 is done i can get started and be on my way with very little help untill i get into the reskining etc...
06-11-2004, 12:01 AM
YURIKA!!! An amazing discovery..
When i edited a modules are file and changed the map settings the "zone" looked strangely different as if the whole map shifted down or up because i was standing in blackness.
06-11-2004, 12:33 AM
ok, i've learned a few things today.
1. for now im just renaming my module to end_m01aa to get it to load it instead of ebo, witch works for now.
2. i had to restore some files cause of the messup with the experiment on trying to edit the buildings of the modules.
06-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Well, im still on hold for this untill someone helps me find out how to find out where in the scripts/files where it says ok the starting location is end_m01aa and to play starting movie. its not in end_m01aa itself because even if you remove all the modules in the modules folder it will still try to load end_m01aa so it has to be in a script somewhere but no clue where.
Good luck making new maps. Good luck making a whole new dialog , Good luck changing all names in the game, and Good luck Making 3 Planets. Hehe i hope you can make it.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.