PDA

View Full Version : New Helmet in the Works! Take a look!

Rivahl
06-24-2004, 03:25 AM
I am very proud of the work I have done on this helmet thus far. I'll post pics of it in game once I'm in the "testing" phase, but for now, here's a peak of it in Gmax. :D

Darth Vader Helmet (http://www.lotrrpg.com/darthvadermask.jpg)

Colja
06-24-2004, 03:50 AM
Awesome....Good Luck!:D

RedHawke
06-24-2004, 04:24 AM
Very, very nice! :D

Colma Adawin
06-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Hey Nice One, i dont normally like my characters wearing Masks but if it looks that good i think i can change!!! :D

will you or someone else make a Darth Vader Robe out of the Revan Robes?! now that would be SWEET!!!! :D :D :D

MattCole

Rivahl
06-24-2004, 05:00 AM
If you look at my Darth Malak Retexture (http://www.lotrrpg.com/screenshot2.jpg) (click link for picture), he was made to be rather similar to Vader. This is just an idea, but if I put the Vader head in place of Malak's head, it may look good. Though it may be out of proportion, depending on how big the Vader mask gets. If we ever discover a way to import full models, I will gladly make a full-body Vader. :)

-Riv.

PrtyLizardJedi
06-24-2004, 05:07 AM
Orsan made a better one (no offense Rivahl) of Darth Malak to Darth Vader. Link not available

Rivahl
06-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Orsan made a better one (no offense Rivahl) of Darth Malak to Darth Vader. Link not available

Well, mine was only supposed to vaguely resemble his armor; not be Darth Vader incarnated. And if you look, it does resemble his armor due to the black/grey color patterns. ;)

I was looking at Malak in game compared to around the size the helmet will have to be to not look stupid, and Malak may be a bit too skinny, anyway. :/

Darth_ToMeR
06-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Excellent!!!! When you'll release it?

sithspit2003
06-24-2004, 11:21 AM
oh man this is sweet!!!
are you plannin to do the other varients, like when luke takes his mask off in return of the jedi, where his face is bare and all

we definatly need the robes, but instead of a retexture, why doesnt someone make a new one for it?
just a thought

cant wait to download it!!!

Darth_ToMeR
06-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by sithspit2003
oh man this is sweet!!!
are you plannin to do the other varients, like when luke takes his mask off in return of the jedi, where his face is bare and all

we definatly need the robes, but instead of a retexture, why doesnt someone make a new one for it?
just a thought

cant wait to download it!!!
We can't make models with animations, so body will not work. We'll need to retexture something

Darth Gungis
06-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Rivahl
I am very proud of the work I have done on this helmet thus far. I'll post pics of it in game once I'm in the "testing" phase, but for now, here's a peak of it in Gmax. :D

Darth Vader Helmet (http://www.lotrrpg.com/darthvadermask.jpg)

Looking good!

By the way, is it possible to make a Revan`s Robe WITHOUT the cloak but with hood and mask????:confused:
Cuz i`d LOVE that!

Darth Kellen
06-24-2004, 02:25 PM
dude thats awsome!! when do u think you will be done. i am down loading this for sure.:) :p :vadar:

kampher
06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
O man. I have been waiting for something like this for a while.

Any idea on when it will be done?

Mono_Giganto
06-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth Gungis
Looking good!

By the way, is it possible to make a Revan`s Robe WITHOUT the cloak but with hood and mask????:confused:
Cuz i`d LOVE that!

Sep you've got a call on line 3. :D

sora
06-24-2004, 05:40 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! that looks so freakin sweet. i'd replay the game for Vaders helmet. are you going to make it so we find it somewhere in the game. or as a spawn item. i think you should do both for the inpatient people. like me.also make it shiny. like his was. Sweet dude, yes

Rivahl
06-24-2004, 06:19 PM
like me.also make it shiny. like his

Those pictures are 100% untextured. That's the raw model in Gmax. :) Of course, it will be shiny and won't be green and blue. >_>;

mgnails
06-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Rivahl, check your PM's.

Mav
06-24-2004, 09:24 PM
THAT IS AWESOME I can't wait till that thing is finsihed and ready to be put in the game, my game...lol

Darth_ToMeR
06-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
When you'll release it?

Rivahl
06-26-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm having some difficulties getting the export/import to work, since I'm used to using more... advanced tools than Gmax (tools I don't have access to at home-- I use Maya at school). But Cchargin is helpin' me through it, so it should be released at most in a few days.

-Riv.

Marius_Storm
06-27-2004, 03:55 PM
I really canr beleave what i see! Its like WOW dude

Rivahl
06-27-2004, 08:01 PM
I just wanted to say that, in the time that I couldn't get the Vader helmet exported from Gmax or imported for KotOR, I've started and made serious progress on both a Stormtrooper and Boba Fett helmet-- which will be released later on. I intend to also do a Clone Trooper helmet and, if I don't get too board, a Royal Guard helmet (Palpatine's red-garbed guards).

Figured I'd give ya all a heads up!

-Riv.

Mav
06-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Sounds great man, by the wya have I told you that you rDarth Vader helmet looks SWEET!!!!:D

Invader_Zim
06-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah, do you mind showing us some pics of the boba helmet and the stormtrooper helmet?

kampher
06-27-2004, 08:55 PM
I hope you figure out how to export the helmet in. I would drool over a clone trooper helmet, and a royal guard helmet. is there a way to make like a pike? Like the ones the royal guards use?

Rivahl
06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Stormtrooper (http://www.lotrrpg.com/stormtrooper.jpg)

Preview of the Stormtrooper Helmet.

Kampher Said:
I hope you figure out how to export the helmet in.

Due Cchargin's help and his magnificient tools, I have gotten Darth Vader helmet into the game. But, I haven't textured it yet. Texturing will take some time, but once I've done it it will be released.

Oh, and I'll release an image of the Boba Fett helmet once I'm done modeling it. Right now... you wouldn't like what you saw.

-Riv.

Mav
06-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Man that Stormtrooper helmet looks amazing, Cheers

Mav

Darth Kellen
06-27-2004, 11:01 PM
oh my god!! thats amazing. your pro

kampher
06-27-2004, 11:03 PM
wow man, great job, is anyone making armor to go with these helmets? because they are nothing without the armor.

Darth_ToMeR
06-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by kampher
wow man, great job, is anyone making armor to go with these helmets? because they are nothing without the armor. I made clonetrooper armor - http://www.pcgamemods.com/5505/
And orsan made boba armor - http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/boba_fett.htm

FiEND_138
06-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Rivahl
Stormtrooper (http://www.lotrrpg.com/stormtrooper.jpg)

*Picks jaw up off floor* Wow man. Great work, can't wait for the release of this & your Vader helmet. :trooper: :vadar: :trooper:

Caporegime1986
06-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Hey, it's not possible to make armour models yet, right, cause once it is i really want someone to turn the sith armours into stormtroopers.
-Capo

Mav
06-28-2004, 08:12 PM
@ Capo

I am not sure, but I think it is possible to make new armor models, all I know is that we can't make models that have animations with them i.e. lightsabers and the extending of the blade, but I don't know if armor have animations attached to them. If someone who knows more about this than me could correct me please do:D

Mav

cchargin
06-29-2004, 12:33 AM
hello all,

Armor models, clothing models, underwear models, etc.. don't have animations, BUT they do use skin mesh, and skin mesh is giving me problems right now.

deathdisco
06-29-2004, 01:24 AM
Rivahl,
You are a GOD!
First an E-11 blaster, now a Stormtrooper helmet!:D :D :D

Mav
06-29-2004, 02:42 AM
cchargin,

Thanks for clearing that up, as I didn't understand it fully, seeing as I have never taken a computer class past the basic one required to graduate from my highschool which is basically "how to type in microsoft word" ....lol

Rivahl
06-29-2004, 05:13 AM
About the stormtrooper helmet...

It's a very complex model. The file size of the extracted ascii .mdl is six times that of the Vader helmet. Because of this, I don't know how simple it's going to be to get it in game. It might not be possible, so pray-- but don't get your hopes too high.

I felt you should be all be warned.

And as for the Vader helmet... I'm still struggling to texture it. >/

Jackel
06-29-2004, 06:39 AM
Riv : what about dropping the detail down a notch or three ?

maybe make the front solid and use textures to make it seems more detailed then it is

kampher
07-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Yea im checking everyday here to see if your helmet came out.

Any expectancies as to when you will be done?

Mav
07-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Patience is a key word here guys, I mean you can trust most of the modders here are doing their best to create their mods and get them out for download, it really isn't helpful to just keep on posting things like "is the mod ready yet" , "how much longer till you release the mod". Please just be patient and give the guy some time.

Mono_Giganto
07-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Patience is a key word here guys, I mean you can trust most of the modders here are doing their best to create their mods and get them out for download, it really isn't helpful to just keep on posting things like "is the mod ready yet" , "how much longer till you release the mod". Please just be patient and give the guy some time.

Prime should quote you in his rules sticky...

Jackel
07-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Prime should quote you in his rules sticky...
I wonder how many of the newer members have read that ?

I mean i read it , figured it was just the same rules as everwhere else (which they pretty much are) and have been using common sense since

meek
07-03-2004, 09:10 AM
I know how frustratingly difficult modeling can be, and yet you managed to "sculpt" such a good vader's helmet. Props.

Hybris
07-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Quote from the book (Hybris's theries of gameing in the 21st centery and how to mod them) "Modding is like diammond it takes time to form a perfect stone but if you rush the process you will have a chunk charcoal on your ring. In this case a busted computer in which you have to rebuild from scratch!" end quote

Look out for other quotes for Master Hybris

(NEW LOGO!):cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :fire2: :fire3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3:

svösh
07-11-2004, 02:25 AM
Riv dude the helm is sweet no doubt but the poly count is beyond insane example bastila’s underwear body model has a poly count of 1678 from her feet to her neck, and fingertips. Your vader helm has a poly count of over 4000 :eek: most mask’s in game are between 100 to 230

This will kill low end systems use the optimize modifier on it to bring it way way, down then i will unwrap it for you.

svösh

kampher
07-12-2004, 01:49 PM
What Ever happened to this mod? I have been waiting for it for a while now. Anyone know If there has been any progress made?

Winduwt105
07-14-2004, 09:15 AM
These helmets are going to be awesome in game

Hybris
07-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Kamp please refer to my first post and the one above it for your andswer.

:cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :fire2: :fire3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: