http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=544169

it looks pretty good to me.

Joetheeskimo
06-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Woah....nice! :)

Darth Groovy
06-30-2004, 09:27 AM
OMFG

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad that Snipes and Christopherson are returning for another movie. I love both Blade movies dearly...I shall be in the front row...:eek:

Sivy
06-30-2004, 09:59 AM
i didn't think the second one was as good as the first, although i still liked it. the story of blade III sounds really good so it looks like it will be as good, if not better, than the first.

Astrotoy7
06-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Blade is cool....Sivs superhero fetish endures ! If only Wesley's Blade looked as cool as the Japanese Anime character he was ripped off from....Vampire Hunter D

mtfbwya

toms
06-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Can't watc the trailer till later.. but i'd think the chances of this being a classic are pretty small.

I liked the first one a lot, the second one nearly sucked, and the third one is being directed by the writer who hasn't really directed anything before. Not a great sign.

Goyer is a cool writer, at least as far as ideas and style go, but he does tend to forget about little things like plot holes, logic and continuity at some points. We'll see how he does as a director i guess...

By complete cooincidence i rewatched the second one yesterday. It didn't seem quite as silly the second time around, the flaws didn't stand out as much on the small screen. Still not as clever as the original though.

Sipes/Blade always seems a bit in danger of following the Casey Riback (beck? - segal) route of never ever looking like he is going to loose or even really break a sweat dealing with the bad guys. This makes it a bit hard to feel for him. He doesn't really seem to make use of his unique advantages either. oh well.

Has to be better than Van Helsing at least...:D

Wasn't blade based on a comic, not an anime? or did the comic rip off the anime first?

Kain
06-30-2004, 10:59 PM
SW Ep 3 and Blade 3 can both bite me.

3's just suck noadays.

*cough*MatrixRevolutions*cough*

El Sitherino
06-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by toms
Wasn't blade based on a comic, not an anime? or did the comic rip off the anime first? Blade was basically derived/Ripped off of the Vampire Hunter D manga. But I think they did a pretty good job. Atleast they did some original twists with it in the comic, I want to see more of the comic lines put into the movie.

SeleneRayne
06-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Huh, check it out, it's named after my neice.

Darth Groovy
07-01-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Blade is cool....Sivs superhero fetish endures ! If only Wesley's Blade looked as cool as the Japanese Anime character he was ripped off from....Vampire Hunter D

mtfbwya

I don't know how you guys keep getting that Blade was ripped of some anime flick. Blade was created by Marvel Comics way back in the 70's.

Check it here (http://www.toonopedia.com/dracula.htm)

:confused:

--ZeeMan--
07-01-2004, 03:16 AM
:thumbsup: EXCELLENT!

CapNColostomy
07-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Kain
SW Ep 3 and Blade 3 can both bite me.

3's just suck noadays.

*cough*MatrixRevolutions*cough*

Werd, son. And I'd like to add that the first two Blade films were suck at it's lowliest as well. Not quite the epitome of suck though.

ET Warrior
07-01-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
And I'd like to add that the first two Blade films were suck at it's lowliest as well. Not quite the epitome of suck though.

Blasphemer!!!!

Blade 1 AND 2 kicked ass. I loved them both, and I will see the third one and be excited!

Edit - and I just saw the trailer...and...wow. My excitement has been upped, a LOT.

CapNColostomy
07-01-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Blasphemer!!!!

Blade 1 AND 2 kicked ass. I loved them both, and I will see the third one and be excited!

I was just beginning to like you. This changes everything.

:D j/k, I never liked you.

j/k again. ;)

Astrotoy7
07-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I don't know how you guys keep getting that Blade was ripped of some anime flick. Blade was created by Marvel Comics way back in the 70's.

Check it here (http://www.toonopedia.com/dracula.htm)

:confused:

hmm, interesting, Mr Groovy

still, VHD looks way more cool than wesley snipes in his bdsm gear :p

http://www.puntofuturo.net/gothicanime/vhd/D.jpg

mtfbwya

Astrotoy7
07-01-2004, 10:56 AM
...wow. My excitement has been upped, a LOT.

i am getting equally sexually aroused, but not over the trailer...

:p

mtfbwya

Pie™
07-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Okay, the trailer won't play for me, but my opinion about the first 2 movies is that they were bout cool entertaining movies, but it's by far the stupidest take on vampires i've ever seen, except for all the crap in Angel and Buffy ;)

I like my vamps as either sulty vixens, or romantic gentlemen :D

Darth Groovy
07-01-2004, 02:32 PM
hmm, interesting, Mr Groovy

still, VHD looks way more cool than wesley snipes in his bdsm gear :p

http://www.puntofuturo.net/gothicanime/vhd/D.jpg

mtfbwya

He looks like Michael Jackson dressed up like one of the Muskateers. WTF?!

Blade is like Wesley Snipes' best role. He simply IS BLADE!

RoxStar
07-01-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by SeleneRayne
Huh, check it out, it's named after my neice.

Your niece is named Blade?:confused:

Creepy.

Captain Wilson
07-01-2004, 04:34 PM
1 was class
2's poorness is not describable in words

Dunno if i'll like this. No Frost :D

Darth Groovy
07-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by RoxStar
You're niece is named Blade?:confused:

Creepy.

I think she meant Trinity. :rolleyes:

RoxStar
07-01-2004, 05:26 PM
I think she meant Trinity. :rolleyes:

Well duh. We need a sarcasm tag/smilie.

Darth Groovy
07-02-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by RoxStar
Well duh. We need a sarcasm tag/smilie.

Would this suffice?: :xp:

Or..or my personal favorite:http://www.themanipulation.com/images/groovy.gif

StormHammer
07-03-2004, 02:02 AM
The Blade movies are action flicks, pure and simple. Some of you speak as if you expect some kind of great plot with great acting.

I accept the movies for what they are...a great action ride with some cool fights.

I liked the first two movies, so it's probably a safe bet I'll like the third. Unless someone really manages to screw it up completely.

toms
07-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Pie™
Okay, the trailer won't play for me, but my opinion about the first 2 movies is that they were bout cool entertaining movies, but it's by far the stupidest take on vampires i've ever seen, except for all the crap in Angel and Buffy ;)

I like my vamps as either sulty vixens, or romantic gentlemen :D

your just mad vos of that ep in buffy where they took the piss out of all those goth vampire wannabes and then slaughtered them all:D ;)

The thing about vamps is that you kind of have to make use of their distinguishing characteristics, otherwise you might as well not bother making them vamps and just make them some sort of uber-matrix-warrior. I thought that where blade 2 and underworld went wrong was they didn't really bother with the stuff that makes vamps (and werewolves) vamps... they just used vamps so they had an excuse for cool matrix style moves.

Buffy and angel on the other hand know and use the rules, they just enjoy messing with them and turning them on their heads occasionally for fun.:D
(Eg: angel having messy hair cos he can't use a mirror :D )

it's like a design book on my desk says... "you have to know what a rule is before you can know when to break it".

Pie™
07-03-2004, 01:18 PM
your just mad vos of that ep in buffy where they took the piss out of all those goth vampire wannabes and then slaughtered them all:D ;) I don't watch Buffy anymore, so I wouldn't know..
It's like some kind of mtv-dracula :rolleyes:

We want Lestat, Dracula, or Bloodrayne! :D

Nalukai
07-04-2004, 02:12 AM
The only reason I'd even go to the theater to watch it is to gauk over the love of my life..... Ms Jessica Biel. ^^

Astrotoy7
07-04-2004, 02:48 AM
He looks like Michael Jackson dressed up like one of the Muskateers. WTF?!

Blade is like Wesley Snipes' best role. He simply IS BLADE!

pfft ! they obviously dont teach art appreciation in IL......

VHD was inspired by Donatello's(not the turtle, the sculptor!) sublime masterpiece in Bronze - "David" (created 1444-1446)

http://faculty.evansville.edu/rl29/art105/img/donatello_david.jpg

hope that 'aint too much book learnin all in one day for ya

wesley snipes has had many great roles... nino brown, passenger 57, wildcats, michael jacksons "Bad" video... he he he

mtfbwya

Astrotoy7
07-04-2004, 02:54 AM
I don't watch Buffy anymore, so I wouldn't know..
It's like some kind of mtv-dracula :rolleyes:

Marius and Armande are my favourite of that brood :D

mtfbwya

Darth Groovy
07-04-2004, 04:44 AM
Double posting again?

Let's see...

Westly Snipes with a supercool attitude, doing martial arts, kicking ass, throwing fancy vampire killing weapons, driving a pimped out car, all decked in leather and sunglasses, vs your crappy anime thing, who resembles Wacko Jacko, dresses up like a Muskateer, AND is apparently based on some statue, that was created so many centuries ago, that nobody even cares any more?

Yeah, VHD is so kewl....

Next...:rolleyes:

El Sitherino
07-04-2004, 04:57 AM
VHD > Blade.

and I dunno about you but, I remember in biology (and various vampire/dracula books) that when you die, you become pale.... also D being Dracula does kinda give him some sort of reason to be so pasty. Besides countless tales of a vampire of old, fighting the "new wave" of vampires have been made. To me though, VHD will always be greater than Blade. Don't get me wrong, Blade's great. But D is where it's at, and where it all begins. :)

SeleneRayne
07-04-2004, 11:26 PM

Yes, I agree!! :D

I also like the whole extremely beautiful girl vampires, (like me :D )
and the extremely handsome gentlemen vampires. :naughty:

Astrotoy7
07-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Double posting again?

...AND is apparently based on some statue, that was created so many centuries ago, that nobody even cares any more?

Yeah, VHD is so kewl....

Next...:rolleyes:

Dont say "nobody" when you just mean *you*

Im glad you dont care because that shows how totally devoid of cultural awareness you are. Have you been outside of the US... dare I say have you been to Florence, Venice or Rome.....when these beautiful artworks were being produced by these Italian artists, most of the rest of europe, and the world was still in the dark ages.... This statue is the embodiment of the renaissance, which is the wellspring of the ideals that have shaped modern western society and creative purpose.

now, if that hasnt made any sense, just let me know, so I can come up with a 'dullard' version of it.....

pfft... get back to muscled up men in their pimp cars... sheesh

*bows to Sithy*

mtfbwya

Nalukai
07-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Guys just to clear this up Blade has been around in Marvel comics before japanimation was even thought of, no need to argue because there is absolutely no resemblance whatsoever between Blade and D except what all of those types of characters have in common: they kill vampires!!!!!!!!! that and they are part one themselves.... : )

El Sitherino
07-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Nalukai
Guys just to clear this up Blade has been around in Marvel comics before japanimation was even thought of, no need to argue because there is absolutely no resemblance whatsoever between Blade and D except what all of those types of characters have in common: they kill vampires!!!!!!!!! that and they are part one themselves.... : ) you speak of what you do not know. :)
anime has been around since the 60's. kthxpwnd.

Nalukai
07-06-2004, 12:02 AM
aight youre right... Dr Osamu Tezuka did start his first animation Co in 1958, and Blade's first appearance was in Tomb of Dracula #10 in 1972... but D was made in 1985 so there is still no way that Blade came from D's concept.

El Sitherino
07-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Nalukai
aight youre right... Dr Osamu Tezuka did start his first animation Co in 1958, and Blade's first appearance was in Tomb of Dracula #10 in 1972... but D was made in 1985 so there is still no way that Blade came from D's concept. wrong, D's movie appeared in 85, the story of him is ever so much older. :)

Astrotoy7
07-06-2004, 09:32 AM
my qualm isnt even that Blade or VHD is older. As an expression of art, VHD appeals in aesthetics and style. As I said, VHD is inspired by classical art, Blade is inspired by more long coated pseudo gothic hollywood comic book dreariness..... I dont mind the blade movies that much, but theres not much style there, just pimp-mobiles and karate kicks... As far as animation goes, anime has style, its *art*, I am really pressed to think of anything equivalent that comes from the US, the two nations just have a different way of artistic expression in animation.....

Sithy, keep fightin the good fight ! :p

mtfbwya

Darth Groovy
07-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Dont say "nobody" when you just mean *you*

Im glad you dont care because that shows how totally devoid of cultural awareness you are. Have you been outside of the US... dare I say have you been to Florence, Venice or Rome.....when these beautiful artworks were being produced by these Italian artists, most of the rest of europe, and the world was still in the dark ages.... This statue is the embodiment of the renaissance, which is the wellspring of the ideals that have shaped modern western society and creative purpose.

now, if that hasnt made any sense, just let me know, so I can come up with a 'dullard' version of it.....

pfft... get back to muscled up men in their pimp cars... sheesh

*bows to Sithy*

mtfbwya

First of all, yes, I spent 5 years in the Navy and seen all sorts of things....outside the USA thank you.

Second of all, I have seen ALL KINDS of anime, including VHD, and it has little to nothing to do with Blade, or vice versa, so you can stop that argument there.

Three, whenever you try to be an itillectual, it just sucks. 3/4ths of all of your posts are designed to get a reaction out of someone. As a Supermod, I look at things like that. Especially when you bring my name up in such a freqent manner.

True, after watching tons of anime, I still can't get into it, but I DID try. It's just not my thing. It seems fake, corney and silly to me. Not EVERYONE on this forum is a die hard anime fan, nor do we HAVE to be. I like things that are fun, be it comics, cartoons, games whatever. But honestly, just because something is based on a damn statue, does not mean that it is cool, and by that same token, something based on a comic does not mean it is cool either. This is about matters of opinion, and not attacking one another's character because of our beliefs. Heed my warning, else you WILL be sorry. And yes, it IS possible to disagree with someone on here without your typical stereotypical nonsense. pfft... get back to muscled up men in their pimp cars... sheesh , yeah THAT kind of stuff. Get off your high horse and join this little realm I tend to call reality. Welcome to the internet. Just because someone does not agree with you, does not give you the right to insight an argument. This thread was about a trailer for Blade III, and your first post was about how Blade ripped off of VHD which was also imposible. The next post on this thread had BETTER not be argumentitive or I'll close it down. This sort of thing takes place in the Senate forums where they have serious discussions about touchy topics. Honestly, arguing about a movie trailer and why it sucks compared to some anime flick is just plain rediculous. :rolleyes:

Astrotoy7
07-07-2004, 09:04 AM
....Three, whenever you try to be an itillectual, it just sucks.

Firstly,
I dont know what you mean by itillectual, im assuming you're trying to spell 'intellectual' but are having a "bad spelling day" :D *reports this to resident spelling nazi, ET*

Secondly,
you seem to be taking things a tad personally groovy. Theres no need to close this thread just because we have a difference in outlook. This little realm called *reality*, are you referring to LF, or how things should be *according to you*. I really ain't bothered if ppl hate anime, or like coco pops.... Reality has naught to do with Blade or VHD.....

It seems myresponses are stereotypical..... (firstly, a daresay you know much about me at all)...... But, regarding stereotypical repsonses:

lets see...a navy man, likes movies featuring a guy with a supercool attitude doing martial arts, kicking ass, throwing fancy vampire killing weapons, driving a pimped out car, all decked in leather and sunglasses. all of this being more cool than a similar character that was inspired by classical art...apparently based on some statue, that was created so many centuries ago, that nobody even cares any more? what was I thinking, no-one cares about classical art anymore !

Thirdly,
I really dont see the harm in discussing the aesthetics in anime vs a movie like blade because their characters *are* very similar, but not in presentation. I find that type of discrepancy to be very intriguing , it reflects something about the artists producing them and the audience consuming it. This isnt necessarily something reserved for the senate chambers, or arent we allowed to discuss and debate in here......

Fourth & Forsemostly,
btw : BLADE 3 TRAILER ROXXORZ W00T !

Finally - dont get mad at me grooveh, I love you man.... I just like rufflin philiosophical feathers(but in a manner that doesnt use swear words)....

mtfbwya

PS - I gotta get my high-horse/unicorn back to ET by midnight, can I go know.... :p

Darth Groovy
07-07-2004, 02:58 PM
http://www.themanipulation.com/images/surveystfu.jpg

SkinWalker
07-08-2004, 01:36 AM
pfft ! they obviously dont teach art appreciation in IL......

VHD was inspired by Donatello's(not the turtle, the sculptor!) sublime masterpiece in Bronze - "David" (created 1444-1446)

http://faculty.evansville.edu/rl29/art105/img/donatello_david.jpg

Bah. Donatello understood little of sculpting the warrior. His David is influenced by Estruscan bronze figurines, but he would have done better to open himself to the influences of the Hellenistic triumph of Greek works that evolved from simple, formulaic Kouros (http://www.nyborg-gym.dk/uv/oldtidskundskab/dias/skulptur/arkaisk/kouros_anavissos.jpg) borrowed from the Near East in the 7th century BCE to the unparalleled detail of The Gaul Killing Himself (http://www.people.auckland.ac.nz/Frances/Hellenistic%20Art/Hellenist.%20Free-Stand.%20Sculpt/Attalid%20Gaul%20and%20Wife.JPG) in the 3rd century BCE.

If VHD was "inspired" by Donetello's David, then surely the image and emotion and honor of Gaul and warriors like him lent inspiration to Blade, an honorable warrior in the tradition of ancient heros like this Gallic chieftain, who had the courage to take his own life rather than submit to his enemy.

In the end, VHD is a cartoon... Blade is a cumulative work acting, physical prowness/skill, and creative challenge of providing the illusion that actual people are performing what is viewed on the screen. I'll take a cartoon on Saturday morning anytime, but late at night in a Dolby/THX Theater I want Blade.

Darth Groovy
07-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Not to mention that Guillermo Del Toro Director of Blade II said that there was "ALOT more of Wesley Snipes in the Blade character than he imagined. Wesley Snipes has definitely taken a love for this character which he has brought so much to. I am really exited that he is returning for the third film, most major actors drop out after the second (IE: Robocop) but Snipes is haning in on this ride, and has even become an executive producer.

So what started off as a mediocre Marvel Comic character, eventually became Stephen Norrington's vision, which was built upon by Guillermo Del Toro, and is being expanded upon by David S. Goyer, who wrote the screenplay for Dark City (another one of my top ten favorite films) The only constant driving force in these films is Wesley Snipes who has basically adopted and tailor made the character to what he is. Not to mention that his interaction with supporting actor vetren Chris Cristopherson (Whistler), is the perfect buddy movie type relationship. Something that Hollywood has got away from. This is very exiting, I can't wait until it comes out. :D

El Sitherino
07-08-2004, 04:30 AM
Indeed. I'm going to see it opening day. :)

Astrotoy7
07-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by SkinWalker
Bah. Donatello understood little of sculpting the warrior.....

If VHD was "inspired" by Donetello's David, then surely the image and emotion and honor of Gaul and warriors like him lent inspiration to Blade, an honorable warrior in the tradition of ancient heros like this Gallic chieftain, who had the courage to take his own life rather than submit to his enemy.

SkinWalker, I feel like Ive been mind raped ! You started off that post wonderfully, with a valid insight into the classical inspirations of renaissance sculpture(I'd like to know your refs actually), and turned it into an ad for Blade ! How dare you sir ! :p

btw, the reason I directly link Donatello's 'David' to VHD isnt merely because I think so..... unlike your *extremely* lengthy bow drawn, comparing a hellenic masterpiece to a superhero flick...umm...

*clears throat*

I am a *huge* Final Fantasy fan (many already know this) Anyone who is crazy about FF and its visuals/characters will know that the artist who created this unique look is Yoshi(taka) Amano. Many moons ago, I was reading an interview with Mr Amano, mainly discussing his visuals for the FF games, especially FF9(my fave). Within the context of his interview, and when discussing FF9, he describes often being inspired by history and culture-specific themes. In FF9 there are clear inferences to renaissance europe (Burmecia, Alexandria), all the way to central america(madain sari, conde peita). Mr Amano expnaded on this point saying that he is fascinated by classical art, particularly sculpture. He noted his original illustrations for VHD, which were revised for the 2001 feature "Bloodlust", drew heavily on Donatello's David, of which he has a deep admiration for, unlike you obviously Skinwalker ;( So, I gave the reference to Donatello, not because I thought it was cool, but because it is what*actually* inspired the artists that created this anime character and the associated feature. I beg to see parallels between Blade and anything else apart from a cool comic book character....(which he is)

but great points of discussion though ! (If only our other mods were as clever)

*cheers Skinwalker* :D

mtfbwya

toms
07-09-2004, 10:44 AM
well, based on the original incarnation of blade, i'd say the main inspiration was Shaft, or some other blaxploitation hero.
I think that all the comic books companies were attempting to create black characters to cash in on this trend in the 70s... almost all of which were total cariacatures that failed.

The Vampire Hunter D saga began in 1983 when Hideyuki Kikuchi wrote the first Vampire Hunter D Novel. He then went on to create a total of 12 novels spread out over 19 volumes. Their success grew and it was inevitable that an animated production was not far off.

In 1985, the first Vampire Hunter D novel was adapted into a 75 minute long OAV. The character designs had been drastically simplified to allow for easier animation. Fairing well in Japan, D was dubbed and released in the United States by Streamline Pictures where it became a runaway success. Despite the poor dubbing the movie quickly joined ranks among Akira and Bubblegum Crisis as classics.

In 1998 the second Vampire Hunter D movie was released in Japan. It is based off the third D novel "Yōsatsukō" (Demon Deathchase). With advances in animation procedures and CG art the character designs hew more closely to Yo****aka Amano's (Final Fantasy, Sandman:The Dream Hunters) original concepts.

just for info :D

Astrotoy7
07-09-2004, 11:04 PM
...just for info :D

great stuff man ! Thanks for the info ! :D Thats what I call a valid contribution...especially nice hearing VHDs full history :)

*cheers Toms*

Toms, have you ever been to Whitechapel, London(and dont say "yes - in Monopoly !" ) :p

mtfbwya

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-10-2004, 12:32 AM
great stuff man ! Thanks for the info ! :D Thats what I call a valid contribution...especially nice hearing VHDs full history :)

VHD?

Awww ****, can you get infected with that by just saying it?

I hope not :mad:

OH NO MY SCROT!!!!

*realizes he is way too late for this thread, but continues anyway*

The fuhg is everyone stressing about this VD guy from Japan?

from what I've seen, I agree with groovy...micky does look like him, almost mirror image actually. Cept I think the cartoon looks bettah :rolleyes:.

Blade was created in the 70's people, and is still going strong.

And yes wesely is the best person for the role...hmmm this give me an idea.

I wonder who else would make a good blade?

and if anyone says Mr thriller I will personally make this muffin in my hand analy intrude your poop shoot.

Try me :mad:

Astrotoy7
07-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

*realizes he is way too late for this thread, but continues anyway*

I wonder who else would make a good blade?

yes, troop, you are too late if you [huge pun]wanna be startin somethin[/huge pun]

Heaps of dudes could play blade, its not really his delivery of superbly written dialogue that makes those movies popular or enjoyable... so anyone could play him, like Samuel L Jackson, Vin Diesel, Will smith, Ving Rhames, Sabretooth etc

:D

mtfbwya

toms
07-10-2004, 10:25 AM
he is a pretty one dimensional wise cracking action hero... so a lot of people could play him pretty well. Although snipes has done as good a job as anybody.
I just wish they would give him a LITTLE more depth, or a TINY bit of character development to make me care a bit more about him. BUt that is the script's fault, not the actor.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-10-2004, 05:33 PM
yes, troop, you are too late if you [huge pun]wanna be startin somethin[/huge pun]

Heaps of dudes could play blade... Vin Diesel

mtfbwya

OK just for that:

http://img48.exs.cx/img48/1219/muffinbutt.gif

hey, you asked for it :)

Darth Groovy
07-10-2004, 07:05 PM

Heaps of dudes could play blade, its not really his delivery of superbly written dialogue that makes those movies popular or enjoyable... so anyone could play him, like Samuel L Jackson, Vin Diesel, Will smith, Ving Rhames, Sabretooth etc

mtfbwya

Samuel L Jackson: Cool, but too old and not enough Martial Arts type person.

Vin Diesel: Not African American?!

Ving Rhames: Cool, but too huge, and not an action hero type guy.

Sabertooth: WTF is Sabertooth?!?!?

Also, the first person who mentions Billy Blanks looses a major organ!

http://www.malibunaturals.com/images/BIlly55.jpg

Astrotoy7
07-11-2004, 01:45 AM
....Sabertooth: WTF is Sabertooth?!?!?

our very own Sabretooth, he's a war hero, and has appropriately coloured complexion....he's kick ass !

Troops, dont let I.Sith see that, he'll want one too :D

mmm....muffins

mtfbwya

Kain
07-11-2004, 01:54 AM
VHD - Owned by Kain
Blade - Owned by Kain
Dracula - Owned by Kain
Lestat - Owned by Kain
Rayne - Owned by Kain
Anyone sensing a pattern here?

Lets try again with another vamp...

VHD - Owned by Count Strahd von Zarovich
Blade - Owned by Count Strahd von Zarovich
Dracula - Thats a tie, me thinks
Lestat - Owned by Count Strahd von Zarovich
Rayne - Owned by Count Strahd von Zarovich

The cool things about vampires is that there are so many different ways to represent them. All other monsters are basically one dimensional.

I'm also with Groovy on the 'Anime sucks' front of this lil war.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Astrotoy7
07-11-2004, 02:18 AM
....I'm also with Groovy on the 'Anime sucks' front of this lil war.

Iwas trying to keep the discussion erudite and scholarly, forces beyond my control turned it into another 'anime sucks' thread....

Kain, I hope youve seen Ninja Scroll, there is no way in the universe that anime masterpiece sucks, in anyones book :)

mtfwbya

Kain
07-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Yes yes I've seen Ninja Scroll. I've also seen my friend back-chaptering(DVD) on the part where the girl is getting raped, so wanna know what I think about Ninja Scroll?

:barf:

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Darth Groovy
07-12-2004, 02:47 AM
Yes yes I've seen Ninja Scroll. I've also seen my friend back-chaptering(DVD) on the part where the girl is getting raped, so wanna know what I think about Ninja Scroll?

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Damn...

http://www.themanipulation.com/images/owned.jpg

Astrotoy7
07-12-2004, 03:25 AM

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Hmmm

Groovy, owned my a$$, Kains just saying he didnt like that movie, whats the big deal....

Kain, if your friend chapter skips just to watch that bit then he's a sick freak, Im glad I dont have friends like that...!

For those who havent seen Ninja Scroll I will fill you in lest you think I am some knid of perv(!) and so it wont discourage you from checking out this great flick....

*In ninja scroll : there are these 7 monsters/ppl with evil powers called the "7 devils of kimon" (they are trying to take control of Japan)

*one is all made of rock, and when he captures a ninja girl called "Kagero" indecently assaults her :(

However,
1)The hero of the film "jubei" interrupts him and kicks hiss ass

2)She was to have the last laugh as she has a posioned metabolism that causes the bad guy to die later on

3)Jubei and Kagero fall in love :3heart: awwww

so despite that yukky bit, I really recommend Ninja Scroll. Its standout is the amazing action sequences. It is a bit gory, in a kill bill type way...

Groovy, I see you like using pictures rather than words to express your profound thoughts. Once again, great contribution to the discussion. :rolleyes:

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
07-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Groovy, I see you like using pictures rather than words to express your profound thoughts.

1 Picture = 1000 words. :dozey:

Astrotoy7
07-12-2004, 03:34 AM
1 Picture = 1000 words.

why thanks, Mr Hat. Monkeys are trained to use pictures to communicate....so I think your analogy is spot on, your majesty...

attempts to get back to topic

Billy Blanks may have the moves, but thats about it. Yeah, Wesley Snipes seems to have made the role his own, and Im sure his accountant would like that, like that very much :D

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
07-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Monkeys are trained to use pictures to communicate....

You're just mad because I'm right :p

Darth Groovy
07-12-2004, 04:33 AM
Not to mention Astrotoy7, you are the ONLY one that tries to turn this thread about a movie trailer into "your thoughts and love for anime" vs the silly americans and action films rant/debate. Frankly I find your posts annoying and self serving at best. You really have made no contribution to the "discussion". More or less you have tried to invoke some sort of argument with every post, being that you are ALWAYS right, and everyone else is stupid because we don't agree with you. Also trying to dazzle the members of "yoda's swamp" with your self proclaimed superior intelect was not only so four days ago, but also has been done ALOT better by other people, in fact some of them became mods just because they were that good at it.

Yes I post alot of pictures, because I don't believe on wasting energy in arguing with you, because your simply enjoying it too much, and this thread was posted like over a week ago. And no thanks to you, has got so far off the subject, that it's not even funny anymore. So please, on behalf of me, all the rest of us silly action hero loving americans (and swampies) :

http://www.themanipulation.com/images/mugstfu.jpg

Astrotoy7
07-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Not to mention Astrotoy7......

How did the 'America' part come into this...... man, you are one misguided bugger.

I love american movies, David Lynch is my favourite director of all time, and my most favorite of all movies is an american film series full of action, namely the SW series..... so you sir, should know better, as a mod to turn this into "you hate americans" argument.

stfu huh....Quite frankly, what gives you the right, as a mod to come and tell me to STFU. Just because I posted a picture of a 15th century scuplture doesnt mean I think I have a superior intellect, I did this because I was talking about the aesthetics of two very similar characters(Blade, and VHD). Skinwalker and Toms chipped in with some excellent comments, but your only responses are ridiciulous 'forum' pics that are designed to insult Am I meant to bend over and cop it, as you're a mod... You talk about being me self serving and inciteful, what effect have your actions towards me produced. To add further insult to injury, you revealed how others were so adept at arguing their cases(unlike myself it seems) they became mods. How did you become one then, I'd really like to know....not via that method methinks...

I *never* think I'm right, Im not here trying to convince anyone of anything. I deeply appreciate others comments and insights, even if I dont fully agree with them. When Toms and Skinwalker made their comments, did I say "STFU". Skinwalkers excellent post has made me dig out my old Hellenistic Sculpture textbooks, because that pic he linked to is an amazing artwork I had almost forgotten about. Just because Kain doesnt like Ninja Scroll, did I insult him, or post an insulting forum pic, no I clarified the movie a bit further because there may be someone who may want to check that movie out one day. Its a great animated action flick IMO....

at the end of the day, what's sad is that you seem to get upset by someone trying to argue or discuss a point *against you* As I write this, Im far from upset, perhaps a bit frustrated because those pics of yours ire me, but thems the breaks in the forums.

That doesnt stop me from thinking that in this instance you have been utterly hopeless at being a moderator, moderators calm things down, as obi says "keep the peace." Obi and I have had points of discussion where we have had severely opposing views in, not once did he post a STFU pic. We PM'd each oother and settled things maturely, and amicably.

man, this thread has(almost) put me off watching Blade ever again :p

mtfbwya

Darth Groovy
07-12-2004, 07:22 AM
http://www.mmumc.org/imgs/jesuswink.jpg

So now you've turned it into a "you mods" discussion. I have seen your posts come up, you mods this, you mods that, or "some mods" etc.

Since you personally are disatisfied with my work as a mod, and you don't think i'm keeping the peace, i'll humor you and keep the peace. No, i've never been known to throw my power around, ask any member. Besides if I did, I would have banned you at least a month ago, for harassing OTHER members, but I looked the other way. Your welcome. How did I become a mod? One day Matt-Windu said I was a mod, and voilla. A year later, he said I was a supermod. That's it. I THINK I know what I am doing by now. If your unhappy whith the way I do things, you can PM me as well. I have never recieved one PM from you either, so am I supposed to make the first move? You can also use the report post feature, or pm an admin. Yes we post insulting pictures here. Welcome to the Swamp, enjoy the ride. If you find THAT insulting, you might want to find yourself a different set of forums, or maybe venture away from the swamp, because we have a low threshold of tact around here. Sorry, but trying to compare VHD to Blade, is like trying to compare Gandalf to Moses. Sure, they both have beards, but they come from different era's and different genres, and have completely different premises. I don't see how Blade can be accused of ripping off of VHD, when the span of time is so far off, it is not even funny. That is how this thread has spiraled out of control, that is where this argument has come from. And besides, if not for VHD, how the hell does Ninja Scroll have anything to do with Blade?!?! You brought that one up, and Kain called you on it. Also, since you made this a public argument, I can argue all day and night. Refer to this rule: "14. Do not hound current moderators or admins." You want to assult my role as supermod of LF, give it your best shot, I have all day. If you continue the argument, so will I. Now, if you HONESTLY want to end this thing, and your not just saying this to try to get one over on me, then PM me, and we'll hash it out. I am not unreasonable.

So to prove my point, and since this is what LF expects of me, i'm going to attempt to end this silly argument here, and steer this thread back on track.

That being said, does anyone know where or when the first Blade Trinity trailer is going to show on the big screen?

ET Warrior
07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I *never* think I'm right,

Well that's obviously untrue, everyone thinks they're right SOMETIMES. :p

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Groovy, I see you like using pictures rather than words to express your profound thoughts. Once again, great contribution to the discussion.

s'wrong with that?

You aren't actually hearing our voices...so it's a different means of communicating, and I for one like to have fun with it :).

Everything Groovy has said...

I agree mostly with you, yes Astro is hard to reason with...that one I know for sure...

He enjoys being intellectual. And also thinks his opinion matters more over others. But hey, we don't know him, so just as long as he isn't insulting anyone wether I care for them or not. S'ok for me.

I always consider things of this matter as the rules of the 'Right of Way'. Be curtious, forgive and forget, focus on what matters...(in this case)...FUN!

No one says you have to like everyone. I just think it is right to respect everyone.

---------NOW BACK TO TOPIC!-----

I guess it's what ya know. I mean, no one here is gonna pursuade anyone of liking something they don't care for.

unless you have jedi mind powers such as myself.

*waves hand*

Groovy will forgive Astro, and Astro will forgive Groovy.

*waves hand again*

Now astro will put his finger in his nose and pick Troopr a winner!

Yeah lame joke, I just don't feel right being preachy :D

Astrotoy7
07-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

I always consider things of this matter as the rules of the 'Right of Way'. Be curtious, forgive and forget, focus on what matters...(in this case)...FUN!

No one says you have to like everyone. I just think it is right to respect everyone.

Troops, you're cool man ! Hit the nail on the head :D

Yeah, I know I may come off as being an arrogant bugger, but really im not, I swear it ! One way to tell is to see the multitiude of :p smilies I use.... I really like coming here, and like hearing many of the opinions of all of y'all, whether they gel with mine or not is irrelevant in the grand scheme of life ....

*hugs all*

mtfbwya

toms
07-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Kain, I hope youve seen Ninja Scroll, there is no way in the universe that anime masterpiece sucks, in anyones book :)

that rubbish doesn't even deserve to be called anime... it's some badly drawn, badly written early 80s excuse for an animation...
Good anime is good, average anime is average and bad anime is bad... just like any other artform. Saying "anime rules!" or "anime sucks!" is just foolish. Its like saying Music sucks, or Movies suck.

and as someone who is entirely impartial in this discussion it seems to me that groovy is the one comming off as an arrogant idiot, not astro, so i wouldn't worry about it. In other threads he mostly comes across as more sensible though... mostly.

I really can't be bothered to go back an look, but i'm pretty sure that astro admitted a few pages back that he had been wrong about VHD pre-dating blade.
They are both comic book based half-vamp/half-human daywalkers who have had movies made about them... but it is a pretty "easy" idea to come up with so it is most likely that they were thought of independently by the writers involved.

anime rules...:D

Astrotoy7
07-14-2004, 11:04 AM
that rubbish doesn't even deserve to be called anime... it's some badly drawn, badly written early 80s excuse for an animation...
Good anime is good, average anime is average and bad anime is bad... just like any other artform. Saying "anime rules!" or "anime sucks!" is just foolish. Its like saying Music sucks, or Movies suck.

and as someone who is entirely impartial in this discussion it seems to me that groovy is the one comming off as an arrogant idiot, not astro, so i wouldn't worry about it. In other threads he mostly comes across as more sensible though... mostly.

I really can't be bothered to go back an look, but i'm pretty sure that astro admitted a few pages back that he had been wrong about VHD pre-dating blade.
They are both comic book based half-vamp/half-human daywalkers who have had movies made about them... but it is a pretty "easy" idea to come up with so it is most likely that they were thought of independently by the writers involved.

anime rules...:D

wow, an anime fan that doesnt like ninja scroll ! amazing ! cool !

mtfbwya

Rad Blackrose
07-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Flame war sense tingling!

(That means close this thread quick before I start) ;)

Astrotoy7
07-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
Flame war sense tingling!

(That means close this thread quick before I start) ;)

c'mon Rad, quick forum hug before you turn into a ball of rage ! :p

*hug* :D

*Astro casts spell of 'flame resistance +1' and goes and hides in corner*

mtfbwya

toms
07-15-2004, 11:08 AM
come on Red, keep it together... stay frosty.:D