PDA

View Full Version : My newest purchase


ET Warrior
07-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Well, I have some extra money from the extra lawn jobs I do during the summer, so I thought I'd spend it on something I dont need, like a new watch.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/ledbinarywatch.jpg

What do you all think?

(I got the one with the blue LED's)

Cheech Marin
07-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Uh where's the part that tells time?

coupes.
07-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Now THAT is a geek's watch... (no pun intended)

It's gonna take some getting used to methinks...

*sits back and watches everyone's confused looks*

ET Warrior
07-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
*sits back and watches everyone's confused looks*

:D


I am buying it mostly because it really is a geeks watch, and it looks really neat, and when people ask me the time i'll look at it, tell them, and laugh at the looks on their faces :D

It'll probably take a week or so to be able to read it quickly ;)

coupes.
07-15-2004, 11:27 PM
I am buying it mostly because it really is a geeks watch, and it looks really neat, and when people ask me the time i'll look at it, tell them, and laugh at the looks on their faces

That's what I thought... :p And it does look really neat. How much did it cost you ?

ET Warrior
07-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Came out to 77 dollars with shipping and handling. Not too cheap, but not that expensive for a watch either.

RoxStar
07-16-2004, 01:05 AM
A binary watch?

I don't even have a watch...

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-16-2004, 01:25 AM
Bah! Who needs a watch when you gots the sun...

Yeah I'm poor :(




If ya know what I mean

Darth Groovy
07-16-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
Bah! Who needs a watch when you gots the sun...

Yeah I'm poor :(




If ya know what I mean

Somehow I can just picture you wearing a "Flintstone's" style sundial watch. :lol:

--ZeeMan--
07-16-2004, 02:58 AM
LOL that's cool ET send me one ;)

ET Warrior
07-16-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by --ZeeMan--
LOL that's cool ET send me one ;)

<_<


>_>


Or.....not...... :p


Go buy one yourself dammit!!!! ;)

Ockniel
07-16-2004, 06:58 AM
I still dont get how you can tell time with that.... thing, glow, glowy, watch, thing....

Sabretooth
07-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Oh goody, glowy!

Binary?

You ***1001021110001111111*****000100101001001010101! :mad:

Alegis
07-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ockniel
I still dont get how you can tell time with that.... thing, glow, glowy, watch, thing....

I think its binary, and displays something like
16:24

8 4 2 1 for hours (above row)
32 16 8 4 2 1 for minutes

I'd wantone if it wouldnt glow that much

have fun readingit:p

Astrotoy7
07-16-2004, 09:22 AM
good move ET, gonna impress those horny college chicks *heaps* with the geek watch.... shouldve bought yourself a cool jacket, and a pack of condoms .....

:p

mtfbwya

legameboy
07-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
good move ET, gonna impress those horny college chicks *heaps* with the geek watch.... shouldve bought yourself a cool jacket, and a pack of condoms .....

:p

mtfbwya

Rofl, you never cease to crack me up man! :D

Awesome watch ya got ther ET. :)

Sabretooth
07-16-2004, 11:08 AM
1 \/\/0l_lll) pr3f3r a 1337 \/\/at(l-l


13:00 = leoo

17:00 = ltoo

13: 33 = leee

Mike Windu
07-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Somehow I can just picture you wearing a "Flintstone's" style sundial watch.


Stop making fun of my sundial!:indif:




*goes and cries in corner*

coupes.
07-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
I think its binary, and displays something like
16:24

8 4 2 1 for hours (above row)
32 16 8 4 2 1 for minutes

I'd wantone if it wouldnt glow that much

have fun readingit:p
Actually the time showed in the pic is 10:15

8.4.2.1
32.16.8.4.2.1

8 + 2 = 10
8 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 15

easy.

Mike Windu
07-16-2004, 01:50 PM
My head hurts from trying to comprehend that Coupes...




*goes back to his sundial*

jebbers
07-16-2004, 01:57 PM
*stares at glowing watch*

ooo pretty colors....*drools*
lemme play with it...o c'mon please....


*begs like child*

Mex
07-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Whats the point in having a watch that doesen't even tell the time?!

ET Warrior
07-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Pal™
Whats the point in having a watch that doesen't even tell the time?!

There would be no point, which is why I'm lucky that watch does tell the time. :dozey:

I'd wantone if it wouldnt glow that much
It only glows for 5 seconds when you press the button.

Alegis
07-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
Actually the time showed in the pic is 10:15
.
woopsfirst made a post saying what it would be for 16... but then deleted the other content and let that phrase there..

Mex
07-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
There would be no point, which is why I'm lucky that watch does tell the time. :dozey:

I can't see no time on that thing...

coupes.
07-16-2004, 04:23 PM
I can... the watches on the picture both say it's 10:15

ET Warrior
07-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
I can... the watches on the picture both say it's 10:15

:D Exactly.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Somehow I can just picture you wearing a "Flintstone's" style sundial watch. :lol:

Hey!

You won't be laughing when the muffin medorites come and destroy the earth and all its technologies...and I am the only one who knows what time it is :rolleyes:


I shall be your leader :eek:


If ya know what I mean

Alegis
07-17-2004, 10:16 AM
oh noes! they would destroy all technology and brainwash everyone so they wouldnt know anymore how to remake em!

:\

well imust admit a binary watch looks cool...but i'd rather keep my old cheaper nike one with chrono etc :P

BongoBob
07-17-2004, 10:19 AM
:lol:

That actually is kinda cool. I could never figure out what time it is, although I guess I might get used to it. I dunno.

geek*COUGH*

:)

EDIT:
Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
well imust admit a binary watch looks cool...but i'd rather keep my old cheaper nike one with chrono etc :P

Ditto. I don't like having to remember what each dot means and then add the numbers. I can run to walmart and buy a nice one for half the price of that one.

But damn i'm a sucker for glowing blue things.

:)

Doomie
07-17-2004, 10:28 AM
So, from the lights that go on, you must figure out what time it is? And how'd you figure out wich light stands for what number?

ET Warrior
07-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
So, from the lights that go on, you must figure out what time it is? And how'd you figure out wich light stands for what number?

It's binary, it goes 8 4 2 1 on the top row, and 32 16 8 4 2 1 on the bottom row.

Doomie
07-17-2004, 01:32 PM
That sounds logical.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
oh noes! they would destroy all technology and brainwash everyone so they wouldnt know anymore how to remake em!

:\

Jealous much?

Don't worry...The muffins shall take the non-believers first :emodanc:

Sabretooth
07-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
I can... the watches on the picture both say it's 10:15

A speaking watch?? Now THAT's news.