PDA

View Full Version : Soldat


legameboy
07-18-2004, 01:08 PM
http://www.soldat.prv.pl/

Darth Groovy mentioned this in the "Worst Game You've Ever Played" thread, so I tried it out for the heck of it.

I think it's really fun, and really good for a free game. It got lots of game modes and maps, plenty of weapons. It's like Worms in realtime added with crack. You all should try it out, and those of you who already have it, tell me which server you're on. :)

Oh, there is also bots for those of you who like to play alone.

Sabretooth
07-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Wait a second...

I know this game...

Darth Groovy
07-19-2004, 04:25 PM
It's pure crapolla. Avoid at all costs.

By the time you figure out which guy you are, your ****ing dead. This game brags that it is a hybrid of CounterStrike, and Worms, but this game is just abysmal. Sure you get a whole lot of weapons, but who cares when you are a little sprite on a map that makes about as much sense as an MC Escher painting?

Awful.

El Sitherino
07-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
It's pure crapolla. Avoid at all costs.

By the time you figure out which guy you are, your ****ing dead. This game brags that it is a hybrid of CounterStrike, and Worms, but this game is just abysmal. Sure you get a whole lot of weapons, but who cares when you are a little sprite on a map that makes about as much sense as an MC Escher painting?

Awful. uhhhmmm.... it's not hard to figure out who you are. Infact it's pretty simple.

I enjoy the game when I have some good competition.

legameboy
07-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Lol, Groovy, nice rant. :xp:

I think it's really fun, especially when I play with some of my JA clan friends over Vent (Ventrilo, for those of you who don't know, it's a voice-chat program). IS, what's your AIM or MSN nick/email? Maybe we can play sometime.

3 vs 3 CTF with Vent owns you. :)

I don't find it hard to spot my character, and heck, I play the game in window mode. This has excellent MP support, and it's really easy to set up your own server. This is pretty entertaining though, it's Worms + Counterstrike on crack, you all will just have to play it to see if you like it though. :p

I give it a 10/10.

Extremely good game for a freeware game. I was amazed.

acdcfanbill
07-19-2004, 08:27 PM
you better not be insulting escher, cause if you are...... *packs up and heads for joliet* they'll be hell to pay? or something :)

Darth Groovy
07-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
you better not be insulting escher, cause if you are...... *packs up and heads for joliet* they'll be hell to pay? or something :)

Not at all. I just hope your not sticking up for Soldat, because if you are, there will be wierdness between us. ;)

legameboy
07-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Well, I think it's a great game for being freeware. I don't have a problem with it, and I really like it. I don't know if I'm sticking up for it or anything, though, it depends on your point of view. I don't think choice of games should make any difference in a personal relationship though. :p

C'mon? Has anyone else tried Soldat? You know you wanna!

Darth Groovy
07-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by legameboy
Well, I think it's a great game for being freeware. I don't have a problem with it, and I really like it. I don't know if I'm sticking up for it or anything, though, it depends on your point of view. I don't think choice of games should make any difference in a personal relationship though. :p

C'mon? Has anyone else tried Soldat? You know you wanna!

Nah, it's not like that. Billeh and I insult each other all the time. He's my bud.

I tried Soldat and it really didn't hold my interest very long. In fact, it really annoyed me.

Alegis
07-20-2004, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't want to test a game that's been rated "worst game ever" :\
looks like turd as well :\

legameboy
07-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Look what you've done Groovy! :p

I know there are still good people in this crowd though, that will download it and enjoy this masterpiece! *hint hint*

Sabretooth
07-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by legameboy
Look what you've done Groovy! :p

I know there are still good people in this crowd though, that will download it and enjoy this masterpiece! *hint hint*

*raises up hand*

I like Worms, so I like Soldat :tng1: