PDA

View Full Version : PS2 - Champions of Norrath

Astrotoy7
07-19-2004, 06:28 AM
Many know I'm an RPG kinda guy, but even more fun is a *good ole* hack n slash rpg :D

Im a huge fan of the (Baldurs gate)Dark Alliance Games...

When I heard the devs(snowblind) had hooked up with the Everquest people to make another similar such game my interest was piqued.

I really dont know much about Everquest at all, but being deeply versed in Everquest lore is *not* a requirement to enjoy this game, just as it wasnt a big thing if you didnt know about BG for the Dark Alliance games.

Having picked it up recently - I was very pleased to see it is very similar to Dark Alliance 2 - except theres closer camera views if desired(you can also pan out too) - which look great - apart from that - its mostly a variation on the DA theme with very similar item and character upgrade mechanisms...

theres 5 classes you can play as - where you can choose to play as either male or female....- classes are - Barbarian Warrior, Dark Elf Shadow Knight, High Elf cleric, Erudite Wizard, Wood Elf Ranger ...im currently playing as a female dark elf... :)

There up to 4 players in offline play....

CoN has network play available, but I cant have a go at this as I dont have adsl yet :( so, I cant say much about this aspect of it...

but dont just take my word for it, here's a nice review from gamespot who give it a decent 8.5 .... clickity (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/championsofnorrath/review.html)

check out the official site (http://championsofnorrath.station.sony.com/index.jsp) which has recently announced that there's going to be an expansion pack :D

for those into hack n slash rpg, and who enjoyed Dark Alliance, you wont be disappointed by CoN at all.....

mtfbwya

Darth Rythe
07-19-2004, 07:38 AM
I got the PS2 Mag, and there was a video of it. It looked gay:p

Astrotoy7
07-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Darth Rythe
I got the PS2 Mag, and there was a video of it. It looked gay:p

*ruffs rythes hair*

thanks for that man, i better stop playin it coz like i'm not gay huh :D

mtfbwya

Darth Rythe
07-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
*ruffs rythes hair*

thanks for that man, i better stop playin it coz like i'm not gay huh :D

mtfbwya

Yes, you do that:D

MuRaSaMuNe
07-19-2004, 01:55 PM
CoN was good fun. I played it with 3 of my friends we didn't finish it though, we got to some dark city and got bored... it's pretty damn long