PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Arts


Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Okay sorry about this my iternet was having problem and it clear my post then added it 3 times this is what it should have said:
Wait a minute. Okay, I knew this was a Lucas Forums Board, but doesn't Lucas Arts run it. So why would they add a modding Forum? Does that mean they want modding anyways?

odysseus
07-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Guess so.

Prime
07-19-2004, 05:26 PM
This or any of these forums is not affiliated directly with Lucasarts.

Colma Adawin
07-19-2004, 06:01 PM
he does have a point Prime, if this does use the name Lucas and Star Wars, surely that means that Lucas Arts know about this? for all we know theres Lucas Arts workers HERE in the Modding Community, and they surely must've said something about this? unless they appriate us doing this?

MattCole

PS this forum is probaly the most famous among us, and what if one member had a mod with a read-me saying this mod is made by Holowan Labs and this mod was given to another person and so forth until it most likely hit a Lucas Arts person? and they know about Jedi academy Mods though Pcgamemods, which has KotOR mods as well, they MUST'VE seen this, i personally think they know about this.

theredrodian
07-19-2004, 06:09 PM
am i the only one who thinks that lucasarts/bioware might be watching these forums and looking for potential game developers?

Colma Adawin
07-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by theredrodian
am i the only one who thinks that lucasarts/bioware might be watching these forums and looking for potential game developers?

thats the type of thing i thought, i think they know very well about this forum

MattCole

Mav
07-19-2004, 06:12 PM
Ofcourse they know about this, but it isn't like they encourage it nor do they prevent us from doing it the best way to say how they regard modding is that as long as it stays as things for personal use and it doesn't go so far as to make a completely new game or anything then Lucas Arts just "tolerates" it. We've had this discussion MANY times before.

Colma Adawin
07-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
Ofcourse they know about this, but it isn't like they encourage it nor do they prevent us from doing it the best way to say how they regard modding is that as long as it stays as things for personal use and it doesn't go so far as to make a completely new game or anything then Lucas Arts just "tolerates" it. We've had this discussion MANY times before.

well then we've answered Darth Dex's question then, and thank you for ' enlightening ' us

MattCole

Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
and they know about Jedi academy Mods though Pcgamemods, which has KotOR mods as well, they MUST'VE seen this, i personally think they know about this.

Yeah, but JA mods are encorgated and legal, but I see what you mean.

RedHawke
07-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
Of course they know about this, but it isn't like they encourage it nor do they prevent us from doing it the best way to say how they regard modding is that as long as it stays as things for personal use and it doesn't go so far as to make a completely new game or anything then Lucas Arts just "tolerates" it. We've had this discussion MANY times before.

That just about sums the whole Issue up.

And Matt just because these are called the LucasForums does NOT mean it has to be affiliated with Lucas Arts in any way.

EXAMPLE: As a game company you will have fan sites using names and likenesses of your companys name and symbol/icon springing up all over if you release a sucsessful game. All of these sites are tolerated by you because they are fan sites and are actually free advertising, etc. for your game.

That is just what is happening here.

Colma Adawin
07-20-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
And Matt just because these are called the LucasForums does NOT mean it has to be affiliated with Lucas Arts in any way.

EXAMPLE: As a game company you will have fan sites using names and likenesses of your companys name and symbol/icon springing up all over if you release a sucsessful game. All of these sites are tolerated by you because they are fan sites and are actually free advertising, etc. for your game.

That is just what is happening here.

now, you see, i didnt know that, now if id of known that, i wouldn't've posted in the first place :p

MattCole

Mav
07-20-2004, 01:29 AM
It is sort of like what is happening in with TV now days, I know this is a little off topic but bear with me here. TV shows used to have fake cereal and fake soda etc. etc., but now they use real products because teh companies see it as free advertisement, also with Tivo and recorders like that companies are worried that commercials will become inaffective because people wont see them anymore with the recorders that don't record commercials, okay sorry about my ramblings, hehe my bad.

RedHawke
07-20-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
now, you see, i didnt know that, now if id of known that, i wouldn't've posted in the first place :p

MattCole

Well Matt no one had pointed that fact out yet in the thread... So I just had to. :D

En liten mus
07-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by theredrodian
am i the only one who thinks that lucasarts/bioware might be watching these forums and looking for potential game developers?

I think that that is just a personal dream of yours :D :D

Darth Gungis
07-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by En liten mus
I think that that is just a personal dream of yours :D :D

Well, it ain't unlikely...

tk102
07-20-2004, 01:56 PM
You mean like this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125794

theredrodian
07-20-2004, 08:34 PM
yep, exactly like that thread ^_^

Weiser_Cain
07-20-2004, 08:39 PM
And here I thought I was the only one that remembered that that thread existed...

Hybris
07-26-2004, 02:17 AM
I think that one of the moderaters is ethier a employee of Lucas or is Lucas himself.


:cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :fire2: :fire3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3:

Mav
07-26-2004, 03:14 AM
I highly doubt your theory there Hybris

RedHawke
07-26-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
I highly doubt your theory there Hybris

Agreed! :D

Colma Adawin
07-26-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Hybris
I think that one of the moderaters is ethier a employee of Lucas or is Lucas himself.


okay theres your theory, now wheres your Scientific evidence :p i want to see your Prediction, Plan, Equipment, Conclusion :p im joking really :D

MattCole

CDRSeadog
07-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Actually (and correct me if I'm wrong T7nowhere or tk102) - I believe LucasArts does have some little "thing" to do with this website...

I do seem to recall that when DarthFace first posted his re-skins of Bastila and her "undies" (and lack thereof as well)...that it was a LucasArts Admin who not only berated him for posting such material - but who also removed both DathFace's posts, and his links for viewing and downloading the Bastila files, as well...actually, I happened to be in the Holowan when said event occured *chuckles*

TemporaryTomato
07-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Heh, so we can mod all we want as long as we dont make nude skins? :D :D

CDRSeadog
07-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Well *chuckles again* Temporary Tomato - considering that DarthFace has been - to my personal knowledge - the ONLY modder here at the Holowan who was ever censored...one could assume that would be the case...certainly none of the early threads in which we discussed the technical difficulty of producing "scantily clad (at best) characters" was ever "censored".

T7nowhere
07-26-2004, 04:27 PM
It was Boba Rhett that took that link down http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121624&highlight=nude+bastila

There have been other threads and reskins for the other female crew. ;)

As to whether or not this forum is watched by Lucas Arts, Bioware or Obsidian. I Would think all three are aware of this forum. It is after all The place to come if you want to MOD KotOR.

I hope LA is aware of Holowan and will take into consideration KotOR fans desire to mod KOtOR when The Sith Lords is released and will allow Obsidian to Offer Modding Support even if only in a minimal form. As in File Formatts *cough* models. ;)